Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on Gaddigle Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past and present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any first nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait island of people joining us today.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Quick Quip, quick wib quick with quick we big We.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to another quick whip.
Speaker 2: Do you do that in the first quick Well.
Speaker 1: No, we're doing it now. That's our new intro.
Speaker 2: Everyone, and that's the theme of big Back, Big Bag. If you didn't.
Speaker 3: In case you missed it, what do you want about green manverlining, No, it's in that video, mame, grig whips.
Speaker 2: That's what we're This is a quick whip. If you haven't listened to our other one, Quick Whip is a bonus episode. They can drop it any time, anywhere, any time. Lucky dip, any time of day, Lucky whip whenever it's ready, it's going up, so surprise. It's a quick whip.
Speaker 1: And which, by the way, you need to go and listen to the first one that we posted like last week if you haven't heard it already, because it's a fucking banger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a crazy uber story from one of the days at coach sheeller. Yeah, and we have to tell you about it quickly. This will be a quick wick. We won't be as long as the other one.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I set the scene?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go, okay. So we're at Palm Springs. Obviously we're going to Coachchella. We have figured out so we have our shuttle passes right where you can just get the shuttles from the hotels straight to the festival. We have figured out that catching the shuttle to Coachella is the wrong way to go because it takes so long because there's so many coaches going in and they have their own coach you know lanes. It's really slow, like you wait in about forty five minutes of traffic in the.
Speaker 2: Coaches on the way in. Yeah. But even before that, we would go to the meeting place at our hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that line was fun.
Speaker 2: And the line was three hours long.
Speaker 1: So we worked out this method. It was more expensive, way more expensive. But our method was we catch an uber to coach Chello and then we get the shuttle home because the shuttles home were really efficient. It was just getting in there. That was fucked because everyone's going in at the same time. Mind you, the ubers are about one hundred and fifty US dollars, so two hundred and something dollars, but there was four of us and we were just like whatever, we'll fucking split it. And we get there in less than half the time. So this is day two that we're going to uber Uber to Coachello. It was day two, right, we've already been one day, yes, so we knew what was gonna happen. And the buses have their one own thing that ubers have their other area. And then we also learned on this one specific trip that there's this VIP kind of driving lane and car park entry at coach Chello, which we didn't know about, but the driver told us that it was eight hundred US dollars to have this pass where you get in super quick and right to the front. Yeah, so the four of us.
Speaker 2: And to explain that though, like on the road on the road like the far yeah, if the road is four lanes, one lane for like kilometers and kilometers away from Coachella is dedicated to people to have this pass.
Speaker 1: And so we didn't know about that, and We're in this big like black Cadillac Escalade car, like you know, the big cars you see that the Kardashian's in, Like these were the types of cars that were going in. They felt kind of fancy in I know, they were the celeb car. They will admit no sprint of van, but still big, big, big sub. And so we're in traffic. AJ's in the front, meet you and Sky are in the middle and the back, and so we're talking to this guy and he's talking about the traffic and we're stuck in the traffic lane. But right next to us in the right so in the gutter is that VIP lane and there's Witch's hats like every fifteen meters and every so often is like a security guard as well, and that's a really long lane. And so this guy's like hinting to us that he wants to go into this like VIP lane, but was saying it's it's eight hundred dollars to have these pasts, and he asked us if we had one. We were like no, We're like we don't even know yet.
Speaker 2: And then he said, what passes do you have? And we showed we had VIP passes, which we knew were not the passes that he was talking about, and he said, oh, it'll be fine, just show your past, like show them your past if they say anything. And I'm thinking this isn't gonna work, like you're any idiot.
Speaker 1: And so we're rolling along in the traffic and like there's a security guard guy like traffic controllers coming up and the guy like hinted to him like these guys are VIP. Yeah, and like he was trying to make us show like our phone and our wristband thing, and the guy was the guy was so mad, like remember him, he was like fuck off, Like no, like because maybe it happens all day, like maybe it was trying to get into this lane. And so was it at that point that he pulled out the pass and put it on his mirror?
Speaker 2: I honestly, he can't remember because it feels like kind of a blur. But he pulls out this pass and like puts it on his mirror, and obviously we're behind the pass and the pass is like facing to the front, so we can't see.
Speaker 1: It, like hung it off his rear vision mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like that should work, and we're like, okay, whatever.
Speaker 1: So we go past this one security guard guy. He kind of blows up at the drive because maybe it happens all day, and then he's like, oh, whatever, I try, and.
Speaker 2: He's tapping the pass on the windshield, going I'm allowed to be and the guy's going, no, you're not. Get out of this lane, and he like stands in front of the car, which good on him because we're in like this. Sorry to bring up army tanks again, but there huge army tank looking car and he's standing ride in front of the bumper, go and get out of this lane. And he was angry.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then that was maybe fifty meters before a set of lights. Okay, So then obviously there's the set of lights, like picture a massive set of lights where it's super far to get the other side. So obviously four lanes going across a set of lights. There's no witch's hats anymore across the lights. So out of nowhere, this uber driver that's just got knocked back by the guy fifty meters back fucking flaws it. Yeah, and it's like we're going across the lights. He goes into the fucking VIP lane that costs eight hundred dollars and me we were kind of like okay, slowly, like we're kind of like.
Speaker 2: We've skidded across the intersection, and.
Speaker 1: Then we're like okay. And then then and also.
Speaker 2: Like people after the lights are standing in on the road, like more security guard people are standing on the road. We're going somewhere.
Speaker 1: As we're going along, then there's more and more of those security guys, but they're you know, on the inner side of the car now and they're just watching us go past, like not thinking anything because I.
Speaker 2: Think one of those they're like, if you've made it, if you're in the lane now.
Speaker 1: Like you must be a VIPP And then we're like, okay, wait, just get in this VIP thing whatever. So we drive like another three minutes down the road in this VIP lane that has no other fucking cars. We are surpassing forty minutes of traffic that came to an end. Do we turn right? So we took a right turn, and again another like one kilometer of driving straight and by this point we're like getting close to the festival.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, can we talk about how we feel at this moment because I'm having a panic attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we all were still scared because as we were driving, we'd taken the right turn off the main road.
Speaker 2: I feel you haven't described enough his character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was giving life.
Speaker 2: He was fucking psychotic, like he was off the rails.
Speaker 1: There was something off about he was angry.
Speaker 2: He was angry at everyone, not us, but he was angry at the he was just the traffic.
Speaker 1: And I think maybe he'd done a few back and forth six and he'd had enough, and he was saying.
Speaker 2: Don't go to Palm Springs and be an Uber driver for the weekend like everyone there has, because Palm Springs for those who don't know, like, it just comes a lot. For Coachella. We every Uber driver we had had said that they'd driven in from Colorado or La or wherever it may be to make a mozza that we can bec.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that it was with actually one hundred and fifty dollars for a twenty minute drive, but it ends up being like an hour and something.
Speaker 2: Assuming that he has driven in to do this job, which I'm like, you didn't need to do that, So why are you so angry about everything? Like you knew what you were signing up for, is what I'm saying. So his energy was off.
Speaker 1: It was and he had driven scary once and so we were all a bit.
Speaker 2: Like on edge, and I'm just a rule follower. I don't forget, Like I'm like, we're not meant to be in this lane. I feel stressed that we're going to get in trouble for this, because I also was thinking what's next, Like we've already gone through all of this.
Speaker 1: I whish we were a video if this whole thing happened so fast as well, like none of us thought to get our phone out, and wish I fucking did because we can't even explain but anybody.
Speaker 2: The roads that he drove down after he went off the main with the four lanes dirt roads. They were like dirt roads and backstreets, and like I said, like residents are only in everything, And so obviously, because he was in that lane, he was able to access that. But if he wasn't in that lane, he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be able to normal cars weren't in it.
Speaker 2: And so we're now in an area where I'm like, we are not allowed to even And so the reason I was stressed is because if we got in trouble in that fast lane, we just pulled back out into traffic right, and we pissed a few people off because we've cut the line. But whatever, Whereas now we're in like no man's land. We're in deep trouble if we get caught doing this, and I'm stressed, I'm going I follow the rules in life, darling, Like, this is not going to be fun if this goes wrong. But also I wish we video whatever, It's all good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we turned right off the main road. We're on the dirt road. Like Matt said, there's no normal cars here. You're only in this area of behind the festival if you have this VIP pass. We're all falling a little on edge. After he like sped off and blew up.
Speaker 2: And I say, you can let us out here, yeah, he says no.
Speaker 1: So then we were We took the right, then we took a left, and then like thirty meters ahead was more gates and more security guards, a boom gate boom gates, and so I'm like, they're not gonna buck let us in if we don't have the pass. It was like a right turn into the festival into these boom gates with like four security guards there, and did he just fly through the boomgates.
Speaker 2: So what was so strange is the boomgates were down, they went to come over and ask him or see the passes or whatever. I'm pretty sure that's when Aj held up his pass then like his wristband yeah, which obviously is not applicable. No, and they've said no, and the uber driver just hits the fucking gas straight towards the boom gates. And the girl on the boom gate, because it was manual, she quickly put it up because she was like, he's gonna crash into it if I don't put it up. So she's made the slit second decision to let us in.
Speaker 1: Now, all this happens so quickly where she silently.
Speaker 2: Screaming, and the other thing as well is the first thing that comes to my mind at this point is great. So now when we do go out of the get coach, I'm not gonna let us in.
Speaker 1: Mind you, once we've flown through this boom gate, it's then just like a grass field, it's not a road.
Speaker 2: I'm just remembered what happened next.
Speaker 1: And so this guy is flooring.
Speaker 2: Like like kicking up gravel and everything.
Speaker 1: And he's flying across this grass field towards like this b I P section.
Speaker 4: Then this big fucking guy on a like golf buggy like fl drive thing that you can go rent to, like the Zand Dunes, comes fucking flying up.
Speaker 2: Flying, and we're flying and he is like.
Speaker 1: And he stopped that. He's next to a j who's in the passer and.
Speaker 2: Got his hands up. Got his hands up because I'm in the back. Guy. Great, So now that allow we're getting shot in the fucking face.
Speaker 1: Because guy was so angry. He's flooring it like he's fish tailing. Oh god, quad.
Speaker 2: Bike, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: He's trying to get in front of our car. Our guy's flying, he's flooring it.
Speaker 2: Eventually, no, he goes up to the second boom gates where the next guy where the guy on the on the dirt bike. The water is called quad bike. So so he gets he gets up to the second boom gates and that's the boomgate to then get into like the festival, and he's parked out the front and the guy on the dirt bike is saying to them, don't you fucking open those boom gates.
Speaker 1: He's also like seven foot tall and massive, and I think he had long hair, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm trying to I'm trying to like signal to him with my eyes, We're not a hard of this, Please don't shoot us, you know. So then he's sitting at the boom gates, our drivers sitting at the boom gates, and he's like, don't you let them in? And then by this point more people had like caught on to what was happening and they were standing in front of the boom gates and everything.
Speaker 1: So no choice but get off to this. Like he come to a sudden stop and.
Speaker 2: Was like yeah, and what do you call it? Skidded? He like skidded around the.
Speaker 1: Gravel and then where just stop? And this big massive guy's on his fucking foward drive buggy thing come up to the front of the car and gets his phone out and starts taking photo.
Speaker 2: Missed what I missed? You've missed that part? What At this point, our driver goes there, guys, get out here, and so we're opening we're opening the door to get out because this is where he's which, by the way, thankfully we didn't get out there because there was nowhere to go except back the four hundred meters out the front gate, like that walk of shade would have been fucking mortifying.
Speaker 1: The guy is like our ubers like get out here, get out, and then we're trying. But then the guys get out of the car.
Speaker 2: Do not get out of the car, and.
Speaker 1: He's like blowing up on this quad black thing, and a J's got his head. He's gonna his head because then the guy pulls out his phone starts taking ponet and we know some guy has a photo of a J absolutely shitting himself.
Speaker 2: And the driver putting his fingers up. He close down his fingers up, and then he came over and he wound down the window because the guy was like put the windows.
Speaker 1: Out the way I can't.
Speaker 2: And then he said, why are you tearing up my lawn and ship like that, and then our EBA driver just goes fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, like just over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: We're like where my heart is through the roofs Like I was kind of tipsy on the way there. I was dead sober by these points, and.
Speaker 2: Now I'm saying to the guy, I'm saying you need to just listen to them and go otherwise we won't get let into the fashion.
Speaker 1: I was then worried they were going to go. Those people are not allowing him successfully.
Speaker 2: And so I'm at this point like trying to tell the Uber driver, and the Uber driver is telling us it's get.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like yelling. The security guy on the buggy, he's like, I've got your license plate, your band, like you can never trust.
Speaker 5: Like his lyrics was going, you're trespassing, blah blah blah. All this commotion happened and he's like, get the fuck off. And so then like after all this commotion, everyone yelling. Agent's got his hands in the air.
Speaker 1: I'm at the back. Our guy was like, okay, he has no choice but to take us back, So.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Fuckingo And we're in the gun.
Speaker 2: Raps up the fucking gravel. Wrong. Wrong, We're fish tailing around and fucking doing donuts in the flame. And I'm like looking at the wire fence that's enclosed to seeing and I'm going, my head's going straight through that. I could see final destination moment my head, my head going through the wire fence, the barbed wire fence and getting chopped in a million different pieces. I was like at this point, at that point, when he starts flooring it, because don't forget, he's now flooring it back to the gates with the boom gates where that first girl opened it for us. But because of the commotion, everyone has moved from their spaces. So I've seen the boom gates and I've gone this motherfucker's going straight through those.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, I hope it's in a state of panic as we're gone back and I'm gone, thanks for trying. I'll give you a big tea. I'm just trying to be supernized because I thought it was going to kill us. I'm like you, I'll still give you five stars.
Speaker 2: Like he is trying to diffuse the situation, AJ still got his hands. I have never gripped a door handle so hard in my life. I don't actually even remember how Sky felt at the time. I think he said a word, Well, he's got motion sickness to so it was fucking sick. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we got out the bad gates, wet outing as we went out, but I feel like I was just trying to hide my face and then he just like skid it across the gravel.
Speaker 2: We jumped out and as soon as we jump out again. I'm still at this point going if they've got guns, they're up and at us. I thought, I come out of the I've come out of the car with my hands in the air, I've got my hands above my head and straight.
Speaker 1: A, sorry, We've got nothing to do with this.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm sorry, we had nothing to do. It was crazy. I had nothing to do with that, just beyond our control, like literally talking million miles an hour. I'm looking at this poor guy who he wasn't the guy that obviously was chasing us around the bloody thing on the cord bike, but this other poor guy who actually looks like a really nice guy. But I just wanted to make it clear like we had nothing to.
Speaker 1: Do with it. I said, you you fought a bit.
Speaker 2: I thought that that's what was going to happen regardless. Imagine, I was ready to also like explain like we had nothing to do with it. He literally did everything on his own. Accord. We were like scared for our lives, and I said that as well. I was like, I was so scared we were going to die, Like I was going to get on the ground and like put my hands behind my head and fuck it. Anyway, and then we walk around the front of the like the front of the car to go down the pathway, and the guy who I was saying I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, he was like, sorry, I have a good day, guys, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, thank god, so all this caru should happened. Then we're just like dropped it like this really far away spot, like we have to walk kilometers and the four of us are just like, okay, well, everyone have a good time at the festival electrics.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible because I was mortified because I knew everyone workers, security and just patrons because at this where we are here is still you can walk. No cars were allowed there, but you could walk. So there was thousands of people who have clearly just witnessed this entire thing, and the four of us have had to get out of this car out the front.
Speaker 1: Like if we weren't in the Bunnies uniforms that day, they just would have a bandit because I would have been like, what the fuck are ay Marry.
Speaker 2: And then we're standing in front of the car. The guy on the quad bike is outside. This is now when he's saying, you're in your band and I've got all your details like going to the police, blah blah, and our Uber driver we're out of the car, in front of the car, and the Uber driver is yelled. They're still yelling and we're slowly backing away, and because we're now in front of the car and I've looked at the windscreen, the dirty fucking dog. Do you want to know what the little you know? That how we said at the start that pass that he put up, which we were just like, what is that? Yeah, a disabled permit.
Speaker 1: That's what he was trying to use to get us into the VIP.
Speaker 2: Like have fucking mortifying Yeah, not on But anyway, I just was like.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, I'm still saying I'll still give you five stars and a good tip, because I just couldn't get out of there quick enough, Like meanwhile, I didn't give him any star rating.
Speaker 2: No, and god we should have actually disputed. We charge yourself.
Speaker 1: Still it was on my phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll still be there. But to be he was just off. He was he was like angry at the world. He was acting a bit strange. Then he's got his way into that line. Then he's ripped up the bloody thing, he's almost taken out the boom girl. He's done fishtailing around the whole bloody palm springs. Then to get out of the front and then see he's tried to use a disabled permit to do the whole thing, and we should report him, Yeah, we should. Actually it was just bizarre. It was so bizarre. And then at this point we've actually left and he's still arguing with that guy and we're like, we need to get out of here because everyone's looking. Yeah, and everyone's looking, and I'm just making it a really I'm just talking really loudly, like I I can't believe that happened, Like that was crazy. He like held us hostitche like he wouldn't let us get out, like he was just so crazy. Like I was just trying to make sure everyone knew that we had like no part in that, because I was so mortified. I was so mortified.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's our crazy uber story time. We got in fine. No one stopped us because I because they like radios. I was worried they're gonna say, like these people coming in these outfits, like when we got to the next check point, but we fucking got in.
Speaker 2: We got in, and you know what we did, end up having a great day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was it was it was scared, all shaken up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was like I was, as I said, such a rule follower. So I was already on edge. But then when everything else kicked off, I also went I'm losing my life to day.
Speaker 1: I see the photos of AJ with his hands up because that guy was pointing it right at his same Can someone.
Speaker 2: Air drop him to us, please? Bloody hell, fucking hell. But anyway, and then what was that day too? What do we end up doing that day?
Speaker 1: That was Charlie XCX day?
Speaker 2: Oh, just quickly on her. You know what I thought about this morning? Actually, in the shower, I thought about Charlie XCX And actually this is probably better for a main episode, if I'm honest. Should I save it for a main episode? I think it's a main episode.
Speaker 1: Commed because I've got comments to make about her. Okay, good, yeah, say that for next week?
Speaker 2: All right, sounds good. Well, thank you for joining us for this quick quick, quick, quick whip, quick whip, quick, weep, quick weep quick. We'll see in the next one. I don't know how to finish the quick week.
Speaker 1: We need to come up with an out for it. Give us some suggestions in the broadcast. Then, is that guy