Speaker 1: Welcome to the podcast. It is now and mon deep the Datta. Did you get what that theme song is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's iconic, isn't it. It is Mario Brothers.
Speaker 1: Mario Brothers.
Speaker 2: Yes, so good, so good.
Speaker 1: Hi everyone, it is us show and tell our girls. Thanks for joining us. Smell and Monty if you knew.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome? Are you in for a treat?
Speaker 1: Aren't you in for a treat? Eyebrow shit coming your way? You're lucky.
Speaker 2: Listen. I think it's fair to say I speak for both of us when I say there are some really horrible things happening in this world right now. Yes we are. We acknowledge them, we are aware of them.
Speaker 1: We do not chat about them.
Speaker 2: But no, because I think there does need to be spaces where you can switch off from it.
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree, absolutely, because it is it's heavy, horrendous. Yes, yeah, yeah, And you should see us before we press record, where I was like, how you going? Well? That fucked all right? Anyway, let's hit record and then we're like sparkle it.
Speaker 2: Where each other is like Doctor Jekyl and mister Hyde. That's so funny. I love it.
Speaker 1: So I didn't see the South Park Special or reboot or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't say it either, right, but I saw all the news clips that came out of it. Right. So the actual episode is called the End of Obesity, right, So for people that can't afford OZM pic, they're prescribing them Lizo, which is basically, be comfortable with your own body, be happy with being a bigger person.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So everyone's talking about it, and at first I was like, oh, that's that's bit shit. You know, that's not fair because Lizo then posted a video of herself watching it, like one of those reaction videos.
Speaker 1: Right, And what was her reaction? I saw the head last two I did and click on it.
Speaker 2: I think she sort of took it okay, like she seemed all right about it. I think she's she's aware she's a bigger woman.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's you know, there's no denying it that she's a big And she's also done shows on like getting dances that are bigger women and stuff, so yeah, yes, and she's so body positive. Although she is stripping a lot of weight too, is she Yeah, she seems to have lost a lot of weight.
Speaker 2: Okay. I think the thing is people feel uncomfortable that she does a lot of the things that we wouldn't even think twice of if we saw a thin person doing it. So she gets on her social media and she's wearing a g string and she's twerking and she's doing all this stuff. It's almost like that thought of, oh, where do you get off doing that? Yeah, you don't have this sort of body to do.
Speaker 1: That, but she's sexy as like, yeah, it's isn't it funny? I did think that last night because I'm like just not feeling that comfortable in my body, and I'm like, I'm so programmed to think beauty is thin. Like we are so unbelievably programmed, and it's so unhealthy. It's so fucked up, But it is just the society. It is like in the when I was younger, out of eating disorder and stuff like that, so I've always had like a form of body dysmorphia and body image problems. So then I'm like, get out of that thought because it's the slipless, slippery slope for you. But I'm like then I got angry and I'm like, fuck, why are we so programmed like this? Like I look at people in bigger bodies that are comfortable and I'm like, fuck, that would be so liberating to just be really comfortable, or any size body that's just really comfortable in their body, I'm like wow. But we are so programmed just to just be like, oh that she's beautiful. Look, then she's really thin.
Speaker 2: I wonder when the penny will drop. It's more about how you hold yourself and you're the confidence that makes you are trying to be you know. And I would say, and this is going to sound controversial, and I don't mean it too, but I would say that there is a level of on either end of the spectrum, whether you're too thin or too saying too even sounds wrong, but if you are extremely thin or extremely large, health, yeah, there are health consequences to both. Yes, let's say if you're living a lifestyle that makes you either of those ways.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: But when I was like reading articles and stuff about it, I thought those shows like South Park, like Family Guy, they're so genius because people are like, oh, ban them. They're you know, making fun of disabled people, They're making fun of people who are overweight whatever. And I'm like they make us uncomfortable, yes, because we watch them and we laugh and then we feel that Yeah, after that, that's yuck, and it makes you look at your own Oh, that's that's probably not right or whatever. And I feel like that's the thing with comedy or those shows. It's like they hold a mirror up to us and it's okay for you to look at it if you can laugh at it. Yeah. For some people it's like, oh, I don't want to think about that. That's too hard. Oh that's a But when you're looking at it on a comedy show or whatever, you might sort of be a bit more inclined to take in what they're actually saying, which is you're laughing at this whatever, poking fun or whatever. You know.
Speaker 1: I think that deeply into it.
Speaker 2: I know, I think too deeply into everything.
Speaker 1: See I think I laugh and go, that's laugh because it's so fucking wrong, do you know what I mean? When something's really wrong, I find it funny, but it's yeah, I get how people get offended. But I'm also like, you know, one of those people where it's like, when you start putting limits on comedy, where do you stop? You know? And I think that is there's something free in comedians being really fucking wrong town because everything is so PC now and you've got to be so careful, which is not a bad thing at all. I think it's a great thing. But I think there's some relief in watching just one person behavior just be fucking wrong. I watched the Chris Rock special the other night. Wasn't that impressed with it. I was like, this guy's getting so many millions of dollars to do a Netflix special. It was a streaming thing and I was like, I mean, some bits were really funny, but other bits I was like, oh, that was like three minute monologue and that would have been five hundred thousand dollars and that wasn't like good.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I think is irritating with some comedians that start out funny when they've got a trademark voice.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, and he yelled, I'm like, stopping yelling at me.
Speaker 2: I told you that's like that guy that social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really funny. Yeah, stop screaming. You don't yell at us, just straight yell. And it's like you've got a microphone, so it's your voice is going to get out there. But it's his shtick too, obviously, is just yelling. He addressed the Will Smith slap and stuff like that. Oh I did he Yeah, it was quite funny him him addressing that. But he was like also saying, how if Beyonce worked, I forget where it was. But if beyond so they worked at Subway, Beyonce is still ridiculously hot. Jay Z works at Subway. Oh my god, it made me laugh so much.
Speaker 2: That is so true. That is so true. But in fairness, we see Beyonce as Beyonce. We don't see Beyonce when she's crawling out of bed. Yes, no makeup in her eyes.
Speaker 1: And she's still us to sit on a toilet and shit, and sometimes she'd be constipated pushing. Other times she'd have diarrhea.
Speaker 2: You know, I always think about that whenever I feel intimidated by someone. I'm like, they have to wipe their ass too. Yes, yes, so we're all the same.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, I know. Isn't it funny? It does? It brings you all actual evil, even playing ground, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: It's the equalizer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you shove her hand from up your mutski. So you're like, oh, have you seen this thirty six month campaign which I have because Whipper is kind of behind it, pushing it everywhere about raising the legal age of social media from thirteen to sixteen. So you listen to a podcast with Luke Darcy interviewing Whipper about it.
Speaker 2: So that episode of the Empowering Leaders podcast came out yesterday, right, I will put a link in the show notes to it because it's actually really good. But Whipper, your former co host, is doing this campaign called thirty six Months, and what they're trying to do is change the legislation around social media legal age. So currently it's thirteen, they want to change it to sixteen. I think their tagline is get to know yourself before the world gets to know you. Right, Yeah, that's good, and it's that sort of idea behind the huge epidemic of kids online, the bullying and all that stuff and how many kids are self harming and suiciding and stuff, because there's no it's like this really slippery slope of that's how kids connect now, but there's no you know, when you were a kid and you had a bad day at school and you could come home and you were home.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you had a bit of a break.
Speaker 2: There's no break.
Speaker 1: No, there's no break. But there's none for us either, Like I have a thing on my Instagram that is like, oh, you know, every time you get in, it says, or you go to get in, it says, take a deep breath, do you really want to go in? I override it all the time. I don't know how to get it off my phone. Now it's driving me bonkers. But then it counts up how many times? And yesterday I was, well, twenty four times, twenty four times I went to get into Instagram within twenty four hours. Like that made me feel sick. As I'm overriding it again, I'm like, that's so fucked up. And then but also the kids get into those and other people do too, where you know your algorithm is so strong that you look up, you know something around dieting. Next minute you're in one of those vortexes of how to become anorexic and those kind of things, which is so terribly frightening.
Speaker 2: I know we had I'll also put a link to this in the show notes. We had Susan McLean on.
Speaker 1: Yes, we did the cyber Safety Expert cyber safety cop Yes.
Speaker 2: And she was saying, we don't think of like the magnitude of when you hand your kid a phone you're handing them the world.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so true. And she also said it's not a matter of if a predator will get into contact with your kid, it's a matter of when, and that terrified me. It's like she's like, every kid will come across a predator at some point, so you've got to educate them on that. My son isn't on social media yet, he's twelve, but I'm gonna just hold it off as long as I can. I don't know. I don't know when that horse will bolt, but it has with the phone, and it's so awful. He was like when he was in grade five, He's like, when I mean you seven, can I get a phone? And it felt like so far away. We were like, yeah, of course. Now he's got it, and I'm constantly like, get off your phone, Get off your phone, get off your phone. But then I'm like holding my phone while I'm telling him to get off.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, me too, me to, but there is I think you also have to cut yourself some slack that there is a safety element to it. That he's traveling for school. Now, yeah, you need to be able to get in touch with him or he needs.
Speaker 1: Of those watches, the Apple watches and stuff.
Speaker 2: Now, no, we've got to get them all. Nokia thirty two tens. I just play Snakes.
Speaker 1: Place Spake cannot access YouTube. It's a bloody YouTube clips too. They're just like bang bang ban mean bang bang and they get off and he is like a misery guts after it in flux of dopamine, and then it's just to nothing. You know, it's so full on. So Demi Moore is also everywhere at the moment, she looks fan.
Speaker 2: Tustic, doesn't she. I mean, that's my assumption is she's had work done. But whatever she's had done, Godramo work of course.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing when they just nail it when they getados to them, you know what I mean, It's like you've exiled it. You look you don't, You just look great. I'm so pro it. I am so I know.
Speaker 2: But sometimes that's that's an Instagram tonnel. I get down. Sometimes then I will go into these like face makeover things.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, and I'm always.
Speaker 2: Like, oh I wish that doctor was here. I'd see if if I could get in touch with that guy, maybe I'd do something. But I live in fear of getting something done and it not working properly.
Speaker 1: I just am so scared to go under the knife. But there is not one, really, one person I think besides Chloe Kardashian, who has had a nose job where it doesn't look better, like it completely changes the shape of your face. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Why do you get to know his job because you're looking at big my.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my nose.
Speaker 2: Actually doesn't bother me that much. You know, there's other thing.
Speaker 1: Whatever, I didn't even know. I haven't even noticed your notes. But you know, when people are like, I've got a deviated septim, is that what they say to get Oh, I've got a deviated septum? Then it's like, no, you've come back with a completely different face.
Speaker 2: I've got a friend who's got a deviated septum and I'm pretty sure he said it was from like having his nose broken a few times or something, And I'm like, is it sounds like a coke? But yes, nah, not it's not. But wouldn't it be nice if we could just say I don't like how my face looks anymore.
Speaker 1: I know, And then it's like we should all be happy with how we look. But then we've got access to all this.
Speaker 2: But you know what doesn't make you I still maintain I don't think it makes you look younger. It makes you look after When there's a when you go too far, everyone starts to look the same they do look and it's so strange. It's across here. It's I don't know, I'm just like you just look like in the same category of looks. Yeah, it's just odd anyway. So Demi Moore's got a new movie out. She's got this new movie out. It's a it's called a body Horror. I mean, who knows what that is? Well, I don't know, but they say she does full frontal in it, full frontal nudity. Like I'd watch for that. I'd love to see what Demi Moore looks like naked.
Speaker 1: So she's fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 2: But it's called The Substance. It got a thirteen minute standing ovation at Carn't that's thirteen minutes ridiculous your hand how so would your hands be clapping thirt minutes?
Speaker 1: That's too much. That's awkward, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: It'd like think of how excruciating it is when someone sings happy birthday to you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and then times out by you'd get you'd get so many happy birthdays in in thirteen minutes.
Speaker 2: And everyone's looking at you.
Speaker 1: That was thirteen minutes and do you think it was? That's what was where we're all sheep, do you know what I mean? Where somebody done it? And then they just they're like, who's going to stop first? No one's stopping. Let's keep going like there's no one standing there going this is awesome. We're doing this for thirteen minutes. Everyone is in excruciating pain and embarrassment.
Speaker 2: It's like, who starts off the clupping.
Speaker 1: I've done that once, I felt and has gone well. It went well, And it was at my son's school. After the kid, I don't know, one kid got an award or something and they were doing quite a few awards. So I think some people will save the clap for at the end, but I started it for each kid and it was.
Speaker 2: Great, and tea were like, we said, can you please hold off your fucking claps till the end.
Speaker 1: The power of starting a clap, though, is quite quite phenomenal, yes, But the awkwardness of going to start a clap and it going awry.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so I've done that?
Speaker 1: Oh have you?
Speaker 2: And you just it's when you don't commit fully, you hesitate and then oh just peter out. Oh my god, it's horrible.
Speaker 1: I how's this? Once my friend who's a dance instructor, had a big concert for all of her students, and then she and another girl at the very end did a dance and I thought it was phenomenal because I love her. It was such a great show. And I stood up, I standing ov age, did not her, and no one followed. Do you know how lonely you feel in a one person standing ovation?
Speaker 2: I can imagine.
Speaker 1: I feel I'm sweating now thinking about it, because I remember going, no, no one's following?
Speaker 2: What? And you know the other people in the crowd talking to each other, going you know, so damn, it's amag.
Speaker 1: And they would have been squeezing each other's legs, you know when you're.
Speaker 2: So she's related. God, that's funny. Well, anyway, listen to the concept of this movie. I can tell me it's not brilliant. Okay, So Demi plays this former Oscar winning actress called Elizabeth Sparkle. How's the name? The name sounds shiit already, it sounds shiit no no, but it's Elizabeth with an as as well anyway, and so her movie career is over. She takes on this TV role and then in a tale as old as time itself, they're like, you're too old and she looks like Demi Moore. She looks like herself, so she looks better than most of us at her age. Anyway, she gets the sack because no one wants to look at a disgusting ross yuck wrinkles. Anyway, So on home, she has a car accident. She's in hospital and there's a nurse caring for her, and the nurse is like gorgeous and young and whatever, and she tells her about this new program called the Substance. It allows you to unleash your most perfect self.
Speaker 1: Look wise or just conf every wise.
Speaker 2: Mostly looks wise.
Speaker 1: Though, substance in every r first.
Speaker 2: So she takes it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: The person who plays her other her is Margaret Qually. Don't know where, yes you do. She was the girl in Maid, Andy McDowell's daughter.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, beautiful.
Speaker 2: So tall, stunning, slim, no wrinkles like the what society would deem the perfect looking person. But the thing is Demi and Margaret they can't coexist at the same time. So her name is Sue, this alter ego, best version of Demi. She has seven days on and Demi is like unconscious, you know, in her apartment. And then after that seven day cycle they switch. Demi goes back to Demi, and then Sue's unconscious.
Speaker 1: So Demi doesn't feel what Suess is feeling. She's just out.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not sure, but.
Speaker 1: She should have to mal because why would you have to Why would you go, I'm just going to be knocked out for seven days and another girl's going to it doesn't That doesn't make sense. I feel like she gets to live in debt in Sue's body and be that for seven days, and then in her own body for seven days.
Speaker 2: This is where it becomes a horror movie because they are too separate. It's like they're two separate people. Maybe the mind, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. In the mind, Yeah, like a freaky Frider, Yeah, but with one mind. Yes.
Speaker 2: But then it becomes Sue the younger one. Yeah, she's loving her life, so she wants to kill off Demi. Ah, okay, right, so this is where it becomes the horror movie. But it made me think Number one, it's a brilliant concept, right because that idea of how amazed like going back to a time where you're sort of in your prime but you don't realize it. Yes, with the wisdom of being older thinking. I mean even just for a I don't know, six months. Can you imagine having a week on and a week of your life, a week on as who you are, and then a week off.
Speaker 1: Of just sleeping of someone else? Sorry, got excited about sleeping.
Speaker 2: Being like the younger you young and free?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kids, no, no, just going out drinking bcadicking. Everyone is going nuts and wearing crop tops and socks not like anklets, but socks, socks with your runners.
Speaker 2: Oh what's with that? But you know what, I actually do think there's something I like the idea of knee high socks.
Speaker 1: Oh do I like that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I'm not wearing the like the crew socks. I hate that.
Speaker 1: I reckon it looks like none. I think it looks great on young KOTSI tatsis, but on me it looked so bad. It looked so bad. I was embarrassed in front of myself. Yeah, it was terrible, terrible anyway, that's how you can tell a different generation by the socks at the moment. All right, everyone, we're out of here. Thank you so much. We love, love, love that you listen. If you can share our potty with your friends, that is seriously the best way that you can help us. Also, send us any messages anytime. Show and Tell online is where you can find us, and we'll chin wag to you soon.