Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moro.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening and welcome to the program. Got a huge show for you tonight as Operation Epic Fury approaches the end of week two. Plus is the MAGA coalition splitting over Iran. I've got some surprising new polling numbers on that, Plus the last minute push to save the Save Act and finally fixed voter ID, and suddenly it seems like the separation of church and State isn't that big a deal to the left anymore. We'll take a look at that too, but first there is an awful lot to get through, so I don't want to take too much time before we get into it tonight with tonight's all star lineup of guests including Michael Dorin and John Heindraker. However, there is one story that has been making a lot of news on the left side of politics in America that hits at the absolute intersection of media cluelessness, the military, and America's effort to wage a successful war against the molows of Iran. You see, it seems that the Democrats and the left have finally found a piece of government spending that they disagree with, not you know, billions of dollars funneled through USA to quite literally try and explain the conceptual art of barcel duchamp to Afghani tribeswomen, or the similarly huge sums of cash to fraud schemes close to the home, like Minnesota's infamous Quality Leering Center. No, no, no, no no. They're angry about this defect.
Speaker 3: Has steak and love.
Speaker 4: I'll just think you love?
Speaker 5: All right, I'm here, decent, I'll Lewis I war.
Speaker 6: Going to war?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right. They are angry about steak and lobster dinners for American servicemen and women before they go off to war. They have finally found, as I say, a piece of spending they want to cut. Let me explain all This got started a few days ago when a writer for the New Republic magazine, a woman named Molly jong Fast, wrote a piece criticizing Secretary of War Pete Hegseth's management of the Pentagon's budget. In this she wrote that hag Seth bought quote an astronomical amount of shellfish, including two million dollars for Alaskan King Krab and six point nine million dollars worth of lobster tales as well as get this fifteen point one million dollars for Ribbi steak, And then you know what happened next. The left got hold of it. It got shoved through that weird Blue Ski Network and the Bulwark and sites like that, and all of a sudden, it became officially a thing. Democrat Adam Schiff was one of the first to jump on the bandwagon, criticizing, of all things, fruit purchases.
Speaker 7: So how much did you spend last year on fruit basket stands?
Speaker 2: Well, the Pentagon spent twelve thousand.
Speaker 8: That's a lot of fruit basket stands.
Speaker 3: But that's not all. They've wasted a whole lot more money than that.
Speaker 2: And predictably, of course, Late night Comedy got into the act.
Speaker 9: Hag Zeth also went all out on the buffet. Reportedly, the Pentagon spent two million dollars on crab legs, six point nine million dollars on lobster tail, and over fifteen million dollars on Ribbi steakes.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no boo.
Speaker 9: They're just hearkening back to our founders, As Paul Revere declared on his famous ride one if by Surf two of by Turf, that.
Speaker 2: Guy by the way had a whole team of writers behind him to come up with that gag. But to me, the really fascinating thing was how the audience booed the idea of troops getting a nice meal when heading off to war. That's the left for you, seth Meyer two had some fun if that's the word with the system A clip from former Biden flak Jensaki.
Speaker 4: Today, we've got reports that initial estimate showed Trump's war cost American taxpayers five point six billion dollars in.
Speaker 1: Just the first two days.
Speaker 4: At the same time, a new report from an external government watchdog finds that Pete hegxas Pentagon was already on a massive spending scree before the war began, dropping fifteen million dollars on wait for it. If you haven't seen this story, look it up steak and another six point nine million on lobster tail in just the month of September.
Speaker 9: They spent fifteen million dollars on steak in one month.
Speaker 2: Who are you, sterling, Cooper.
Speaker 1: Draper and Price.
Speaker 9: If you're gonna eat that much steak, you better have come up with a new campaign for Lucky Strike.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, all of this puts Seth Myers and Stephen Colbert and Adam Schiff on the same side as Vladimir Putin's favorite propaganda channel, Russia Today, which criticized hag Says spending frenzy in a long tweet and overlaid it with some old footage of Hagg Ceths eating barbecue on a breakfast TV program. I gotta say it is all, as the man said, so so tiresome. I mean, you get the implication here. Millions spent on steak and lobster tails by Secretary of War Pete Haig says like he's just blowing the corporate credit card on having the boys around, not you know again, feeding America's war fighters. I'm not kidding. They really are this stupid. Here's CNN's Paul Bagala.
Speaker 5: He has spent fifteen million dollars, yeah, in one month for Ribbi's steak, six point nine millions for lobster tail, two hundred and twenty five million dollars for furniture. He spent more than the month of September than most countries on Earth spent in their default.
Speaker 10: Do you believe you?
Speaker 3: For himself lobster tails.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where to begin, So instead, I'm going to leave it to Begala's fellow panelist, the far more sensible Scott Jennings, to take it from here.
Speaker 5: You believe the Secretary of Defense is personally eating all the lobster The troops are getting lobs frequently, troops are going to watt.
Speaker 2: Well, the internet has in fact been full of clips now from troops posting about their steak and lobster dinners they've been given before heading off to the fight. And you know, I have to say, this is really kind of funny to be because for as long as I've been around, the left has always loved to accuse the right of being all Marie Antoinette and saying let them eat cake when it comes to people less privileged than them. But when it comes to the fighting men and women of America, they get all tetchy about them getting something nice to boost their morale. Well, you know what, forget let them eat cake, I say, let them eat steak, all right. Well, to discuss how America's war against the Mullas is going, let's bring in Hudson Institute's senior fellow, And as far as I'm concerned, he's one of the best in the business when it comes to this stuff. Michael, Dori and Michael, welcome to the program. There's been some news today from the Iranian government, or what's left of it. They've issued a statement from the new Ayatola Iatola most Tama, and he said, I sympathize with the families of the martyrs. I have a similar experience to these noble people. In addition to my father, I've entrusted my wife and my self, sacrificing sister, her husband to the caravan of martyrs. Mike, this was essentially a tweet from the regime written a written statement. We haven't seen the guy, and as far as I'm concerned, this has about as much legitimacy as a new written statement from Elvis. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 11: Well, hello, James, thanks for having me. I agree with you one hundred percent. Nobody is certain that he's among the living. If he is among the living, there's no certainty that he's not in a coma. No one really knows at this point. He was the consensus candidate of the ruling elite because he assured everyone, all of the power centers in the regime, that nothing would change the regime of course, is under unprecedented, unprecedented pressure as a result of the Israeli American campaign and all the different elements. And when I say the different elements, that means the IRGC first and foremost, this is the dominant element in the regime, the revolutionary Guard, the praetorian guard of the regime. Then the household of Ali Khamanei, his Muchtuba's father. When I say household, that's the that's what they call it in Iran. But we're really talking about a multi billion dollar economic empire and the power center of the regime under his father. So there's a lot of people there. I want to make sure they weren't going to lose their jobs. And then finally the clerics, who are not as important to the Islamic Republic as they used to be, but there's still a significant element. And so he's the consensus candidate that assures everyone the boat is not going to be rocked. But his job, his job really is not to rock anyone's boat. So a dead person can do that, a person in a coma can do that, or a relative non entity simply because he's his father's son.
Speaker 2: Sure, well, Mike, before we get to the US prosecution of the war. Then this brings up another question. If mush Taba is in a coma, if he's incapacitated, if he doesn't even know he is the new supreme leader, who is actually calling the shots in Iran, And who does the US talked to eventually about a surrender or a treaty or a deal.
Speaker 11: Well, it's a good question, and I think it's a bit of a murky question at the moment that the simple answer is the commanders of the Revolutionary Guard.
Speaker 3: They are the.
Speaker 11: The i RGC commanders are the most powerful people. Also, Ali Lera Johnny, who was who was deputized by Ali Khamanei before he died to take over the executive the executive functions. But it seems like Lara Johnny was sidelined a little bit in this decision to to select Muchtaba.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: Pozzeshkian, who's the the president, came out last weekend and he apologized to the neighboring states for the attacks that Iran carried out against them and he promised that they wouldn't there wouldn't be anymore. And then the commander of the Revolutionary Guard came out and said, don't listen to possession.
Speaker 3: He represents nothing.
Speaker 11: So you don't have to have it, you know, you don't have to read the tea leaves and figure out what's going there.
Speaker 3: The IRGC is in charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but twos in charge of that, who knows. But onto the American side of the equation then, you know. One of the things that struck me all week is that there's already as there always is whenever there is this sort of campaign by the United States, a massive amount of doom saying, people saying, oh, you know, it's Vietnam all over again. Trump has no plan. Can I get your take, as somebody who studies and thinks about these things very deeply, your take on how the US Israeli prosecution of this war is going from a strategic point of view? And are the critics from the various news outlets and so on in the West and in the United States particularly, are they right or you know, or do they need to give Trump more credit for how this is going, particularly at this stage of the game.
Speaker 3: So uh, they they're wrong. The war is going extremely well.
Speaker 11: It's a war, and the enemy, the Iranian enemy, is more resilient than I think a lot of people expected, possibly even more than the Trump administration expected. I'm not sure about that. Uh, but it's it's not a cake walk. And and so you can look at the challenge and then you can you can say that you can turn the challenge into uh a sign of of of complete disarray and lack of a plan and so on. But I think that that's that that's terribly you know, terribly one sided or I would say very tendentious. The the military uh, the military plan is going extremely well, and they it's this is exemplary, and they the the losses, the huge the losses of American and Israeli soldiers have been very very small. Now, if you're a family member, you know that this is a this is a catastrophe. But from the point of view of of comparison with other wars, it's going extremely well. The what what the the regime had though, the Iranian regime had a strategy that I think caught everyone a little bit by surprise, and that was to focus in on the neighbors, the Gulf States and in particularly the UAE. The UAE has absorbed more blows from the drones and missiles from Iran than Israel. Has I think they may have surprised people, uh the closing of the straits of a strait of hormones that didn't happen in June, and this time they're they're they're doing it. The resilience of the missile core that this is the key, the key instrument that Iran has in its arsenal. Are these ballistic missiles. They're still getting off the shots. It's they're they're down by about ninety percent in terms of the volume, but the accuracy is increasing because they're getting targeting data from the Russians and possibly from the the Chinese.
Speaker 3: But they're gonna be broken.
Speaker 11: It's just a matter of time before the US and Israel breaks the back of these of these resilient missile forces. It's hard to get at them. They're decentralized. They have they they they've been they've been broken into about thirty different units which have their own uh which they which have their own autonomy. They don't have to ask Mother may I to shoot off a missile and and they they're good at shoot and scoot. So it's it just takes it takes time to destroy all of them, but they will be destroyed. And once those missile forces are destroyed, then Iran doesn't have a major it doesn't have another major card to play.
Speaker 2: Finally, Michael, there's only a ben min orso left here. Just want to ask you very quickly about this story that I I think the White House kind of shot down about the threat of Iranian tax sleeper cell attacks on California. But what are the risks around Iranian sleeper cells in the United States. I've heard this spoken about for years. Just quickly, is this something that they need to worry about.
Speaker 3: We have to be worried about them.
Speaker 11: They have their backs to the wall, and they will do They've shown they'll do anything. They have no compunction about hitting civilian targets or carrying out terrorism. But we've seen, you know, in recent years, their usual mo is to work through biker gangs, drug gangs.
Speaker 3: And so on.
Speaker 11: I don't believe that there are super sophisticated cells waiting to be waiting to be activated that are gonna really surprise us greatly. But they may have a few, they may have a few tricks up their sleeve.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Michael, thank you so much for your time. Has always really appreciated. Thank you now, on to other news out of the United States. This week, President Donald Trump has a peace to the Supreme Court to terminate the temporary protected status of more than three hundred thousand Haitian migrants. This comes after a ruling by a federal district court last month. Yeah, you know, those guys that blocked the administration from just letting the statuses expire. Justices are also considering the administration's decision to end similar protections for more than six thousand Syrians. To talk about this and a whole lot more, I'm joined by the president of the Center for the American Experiment, John Heinraker. John, thanks so much for coming on today. The Supreme Court must, I would assume, wind up having to do the right thing here and overturning this latest activist judge who has once again blocked Trump. I mean, this seems to be a real pattern here, and as lawyer, you would know how to talk about this and explain this. These judges, they keep attacking Trump, but they keep wind up getting overturned. It's a huge waste of time.
Speaker 12: Well more often than not, that's true, James. So what's going on here is that the temporary status for Haitians. Goes back to twenty ten when there was an earthquake in Haiti, and these people have been temporarily in America ever since, so that the temporary status has been renewed a number of times, and if it's up to the Democrats, of course, it will never expire. It was last renewed by the Biden administration for eighteen months in twenty twenty four. So now it has expired, and by law, the administration has to either extend it again or terminate it. And Secretary Christy Noam terminated the temporary protected status rather than extending it again. So, as you said, last month, a liberal a district court judge of Washington, d C. Issued an order barring the administration from terminating that temporary status. Well, the case is being litigated again a temporary order, and as you say, this is one of many orders that liberal judges have entered temporarily blocked in the administration from carrying out really just about any of its immigration policies. And the strategy here really is just to delay implementation of the administration's policies on immigration, hoping to get a Democratic president in twenty twenty eight that will reverse those policies. So now it's all heading to the Supreme Court and we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 2: John. The great irony about all of this is that the left of the Democrats are always the ones who are saying the right is a threat to democracy. Trump is a threat to democracy. And yet the will of the people is quite clearly to do something about borders and migration, because that was the number one thing Trump ran on and won big time on. Now they just don't seem to accept this. And I want to show you an incredible exchange which unfolded during a Senate budget hearing this week. Republican Senator Bernie Moreno pressed former Biden advisor Brendan Duke on illegal immigration and whether this is even a crime. Have a look at this bizarre response.
Speaker 10: Do you think it should be a crime to enter the country illegally? I don't know anything about this.
Speaker 2: I'm here to talk.
Speaker 10: You don't have to like I'm not a lawyer.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be a lawyer.
Speaker 10: It's a simple question. Do you have a home, hi, right? Do you have a place that you sleep in?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 10: Is should it be a crime for people to enter your home without permission? Yes, you're pretty certain on that one, okay, But you're not sure if it's okay to enter America without permission, which is our home, by the way, you don't know about America.
Speaker 2: Okay, John, I thought that this kind of gave the game away. And I've noticed that there's a number of think tanks, including some libertarian ones on the right, that are pushing this idea that no, it's not illegal to enter the country illegally. Tell us about this, and am I right that this is undermining a very democratic principle here?
Speaker 12: Well, it really is, James. I mean, the question should illegal immigration be a crime kind of answers itself. Thank you at Entering the country illegally is a crime under Title eight of the United States Code, Section thirteen twenty five. It is punishable by six months in prison. But keep in mind, James, that the Biden administration, instead of enforcing the law, invited millions of illegal immigrants to enter the country. They gave them cell phones, they bought them plane tickets, and they put them up in hotels around the country. And so it's not too surprising that former Biden administration officials really don't want to talk about the fact that illegal immigration is in fact a crime.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and I mean I think John, if they really want to go to the election on that in the next presidential election in twenty twenty eight, I'd love to see them run on this as a platform. But speaking also of other people who are running, I also need to get your thoughts on this question of how old is too old to be in office, because eighty five year old Representative James Clyburn from South Carolina has said he's going to seek an eighteenth term. And this is part of a sort of a longer problem with a kind of a gerontocracy that's seen our Congress be the third oldest in US history. Does something need to be done? Do you think, John, constitutionally to maybe bring some new blood into the game here? I mean, is this why young people are so disillusioned with politics?
Speaker 12: Well, James, especially on the Democratic side, it is a gerritocracy. I mean, I mean, a guy like Chuck Schumer, I think he's what seventy five years old, He's a spring chicken compared to James Clyburn and Nancy Pelosi and many others. And of course, to be fair, Donald Trump is what's seventy nine. It's a really hard problem, James, because conservatives have often proposed term limits in the past, that you shouldn't be able to serve in Congress for forty years or whatever. And yet the reality is that the voters keep re electing these people, and so it's democracy at work.
Speaker 2: Indeed, finally, I just want to ask you too about while President Trump was out campaigning in Kentucky this week, he invited social media star Jake Paul on stage two give some words and seemingly endorsed him for political office. Have a look at this, you guys have that swag.
Speaker 13: There's a lot of young kids in here, the future of America. I grew up just a few hours away from here, and my dad taught me to fight, and all of our voices matter in America.
Speaker 3: Now. He's a great guy.
Speaker 12: He's a courageous guy and a talented guy. He's a hell of a fighter too, by the way.
Speaker 2: You know what I find fascinating about this is that Donald Trump, at his age, manages to be so plugged into who young people are into, into this whole internet meme culture. This seems to give him an advantage in his campaigning. Do you think that advantage will be able to translate into the midterms into whoever winds up taking up the Maga mantle in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 12: Well, we'll see. So it's true that Trump, despite his age, does have a good sense for contemporary popular culture. We saw that in twenty twenty four. Reportedly it was his son Baron who encouraged him to go on various podcasts during the campaign and it really helped him. But don't forget that Trump himself was a star of popular culture as the host of the television show The Apprentice. That's one of the things that really made Trump famous. So popular culture comes naturally to him more so than any other recent president. And I don't know whether it's going to rub off on his successors and the Republican Party or not.
Speaker 2: Well I don't know, but if it's Marco Rubio, he has certainly been the star of some pretty funny memes lately. John Heinriker, We're going to have to leave it there, Thank you so much for your time. Now stick around because shortly we're going to be asking the question is MAGA splitting over Iran? And also what happened to that push to make American voters show ID. But first, by now you're going to have seen the footage of the cardboard on a toll of the Iranians brought out to mark the inauguration of the new leader, the real Ayatola being, shall we say, unavailable for comment. But if you see this, it's supposedly Trump unveiling a portrait of the cardboard Ayotola in the Oval office or is it?
Speaker 13: And it's very cool?
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, is that great?
Speaker 13: Just what up yesterday?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Actually, no, you're right, that was ai but pretty good. Ai at that's so good. In fact, I had to check because you could totally see Trump doing something like this. Right anyway, I'm sure the latest iatola will be gone by the time we have the next recycling collection out the front. Stick around because we're going to ask the question, has MAGA gone sour on the war? You Polling answered the question in a tick. Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump has been hitting the road again this week, campaigning ahead of the upcoming critical midterm elections later this year, and as we saw earlier in the show, he popped up in Kentucky came to get rid of Thomas Massey, a Republican representative there who has been a troublemaker four months trying to harm the Trump administration. Now, Trump took to the stage to endorse candidate Ed Galleryl.
Speaker 6: Now, Thomas Massey is attacking a great Navy seal hero.
Speaker 8: This is a real hero, Ed gall Ryan. I want to just give.
Speaker 12: Me somebody with a warm body to beat Massey.
Speaker 9: And I got somebody with a warm body but a big, beautiful brain and a great patriot.
Speaker 3: He's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Well to unpick this and other potentially key trouble spots to look for at the midterms. I'm joined now by Chairman of Republicans Overseas UK, Greg Swinson. Greg, welcome to the program. Tell us about this ongoing fight between Donald Trump and Thomas Massey, because I think a lot of people hear me, have seen the headlines, but they may not have that much detail on. Tell us about this and how is this all playing out?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, so Thomas Massey is an eccentric and you know, in many ways people respect him and I think he's you know, he means well, he wants what's best for America, but he doesn't he doesn't cooperate, he doesn't play well with others games. So, like he voted against the big Beautiful bill because it didn't cut enough spending. But I think what he forgets is that, you know, we need enough votes to pass the bill. You can't, you know, you can't have everything you want, and so you know, look, I think he's he's a libertarian for sure, but unfortunately libertarians can't win elections in many places besides Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, look, I think that's right. I'm actually surprised to hear that there would be a libertarian winning in Kentucky all of all places. I kind of would have thought, oh, that would have been important postal thing. But also just all these mid terms and what's leading up to them. There's also special elections coming up in Georgia and Texas at the moment. Tell us about these, what's going on with those and how what is that portending for what's going to happen in November.
Speaker 6: Well, I always am really cautious about using these off year elections or you know what we call the UK by elections as predictors of the bigger elections. And the reason is Democrats tend to vote in much greater numbers in the off year or off term elections, and so when a Republican actually surprises, I'm impressed because Republicans typically don't vote. They don't they're not very good at voter participation except for election year, I mean for our presidential election years. So if President Trump's on the ballot, Republicans turn out. If he's not in the ballot, the Democrats win, And so I don't think it's a big deal when a Democrat wins. A much more surprised when we're Republican one. So I'm not putting too much weight on it, but it still might be a good indicator of what we can see. And I think the challenge was in the elections in November, which were very much off your elections. The Democrats were winning districts that President Trump won, or at least they were closing the gap, and that's always worries and for Republicans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think Look, I think that's right. And of course we have to remind viewers here that America doesn't have compulsory voting like in Australia. So these elections tell you a lot less specifically about where things are going. But one thing that I think is very interesting and because this war is hanging over everything now politically. And one thing that many people in the media are trying to push this idea that there's a huge split down the MAGA base involving Operation Epic Fury. But I've looked at some of the polling, and many of the polls are showing that instead of splitting the base, the base of Republicans, particularly MAGA Republicans, are between eighty five and ninety percent in favor of what's going on in Iran. It feels like there's a bit of fake news being pushed by people here who are hoping for a split in Mega.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've been looking for the split for the last ten years and they never actually find it. And so they found a few outliers, you know, a few people that you know, maybe you're in the media or they're looking for, you know, for clickbait, and they and they talk about, you know, the MAGA wing being opposed to this, and it's just not true, as you pointed out, James. And so what we found is Republicans in general are in favor of what the president is doing by about eighty percent eighty twenty. But the MAGA wing is even more in favor of it, as you pointed it out, and that was a great table that was shot around this morning. And so yeah, that's just a myth that the Democrats and maybe some on the on the MAGA media right are trying to perpetuate to get more attention. But it's just not true.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The Democrats, on the other hand, because they hate America, are only twenty percent in favor of the action. So that's not surprising.
Speaker 2: Well, so, I mean, obviously everything's going to come down to the next couple of weeks here with this greg here with Operation Epic Fury, whether or not this thing is wrapped up tidally or whether it drags on. But if this thing is, if there is a reasonable outcome and a settlement and an end that can pautiously be called at least some sort of victory here and things get back to the petrol price wise, gas price wise here. Do you think that this will have a hangover effect that might use that Democrats might be able to use to turn out their base, an anti war Democrat base, to knock off Republican candidates in the midterms.
Speaker 6: I don't think so. For a few reasons. One is American voters really don't care about foreign policy. They do care when there's a hot war and when there's American lives at risk. So I don't want to underestimate how difficult war can be voters. But generally speaking, you know, since the election is still nine months away or the midterms, this thing will be settled down by that. So foreign policy doesn't usually rank for American voters. What they care about are the pocketbook issues. They care about affordability, they care about all the woke garbage that the Democrats were proposing, you know, during the Biden years. So I don't think this will be a you know, a burden or some sort of headwind for the Republicans. What I do or what I do worry about, is if we don't really win on the economic issues, and that's that's a much bigger issue.
Speaker 2: Indeed. Hey, and finally, just before I let you go, I just want to talk about where we're up to with this Save America Act, which we've been speaking about for weeks and weeks on this program this year. Now it's sort of reached a bit of a standoff here, and this is all about presenting voter ID to vote and proving your citizenship Where is this up to you right now? Because my understanding is now Trump is potentially threatening to say on any legislation until this thing winds up getting passed. What's the latest? Where does this land? And could it lead to you know, more government stalemates, shut downs, that sort of gear.
Speaker 6: I think, I mean, there's a lot of that right now. And it's really a shame because this is one issue where the polling suggest that eighty five percent of Americans are all for it, So why wouldn't it pass? It doesn't have to even be a Republican versus Democrat. Then it's polling at eighty four. It pulls in the nineties with Republicans, it polls in the high seventies with Democrats. African Americans, it polls at seventy five or eighty. In other words, this whole drama has been has been created by a handful of radical senators of Democrat centers that you know are trying to call it, you know, Jim Crow two point zero or saying that somehow it's racist, when I think, you know, it's condescending to suggest that it's racist that minorities don't know how to get a driver's license or don't know how to get at get a photo ID. It's really it's an eighty twenty issue, and I hope that the Republicans can figure out a way to pass it.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's just have a little little book at a little look at Senator Chuck Schumer, our old friend, having a talking about just what you were saying.
Speaker 14: But their bill isn't voter ID number one. It is about voter registration. It makes it. It allows ICE to kick tens of billions of people off the rolls, off the rolls, and they don't tell them until election day and you show them and you say, you're not registered anymore. You're not registered here, you're not on the rolls.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to be Gliba Greg, but it seems like Schumer's kind of admitted all those that there are people on the rolls who shouldn't be there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's it's the only way they can win in some places, and I think it's it's criminal. I mean, you know what, most of it in red states already have voter ID rules, maybe cities and they're red states because Republicans tend to win when only citizens vote. So it's really it's very hypocritical of shootmor to try this businesses when again, when eighty percent of the people in America are all for it, including minorities who he claims will be the victims of this thing. So it's really sad. But I think the Democrats will do what it takes to win. They're all for you know, they'll they'll cheat, they'll they'll whatever it takes. And that's that Since the sixties, that's been their model. You know, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever it takes has been been a long standing motto of left wing politicians everywhere. I can tell you that great, thank you so much for talking. We're gonna have to leave it there. And now don't go anywhere because New York is going broke ed. You're not going to believe why the guy in charge of the city's finances has gone to ground. This is a doozy. But first, have you gotten enough of the cardboard? I totally yetes I have. I saw them over to the Pretenders nineteen eighty three, Just kidding anyway, Comedian Doug's statement has gotten into the act. Here he is as Palestinian actress Lyle Culpepper, belting out a few bars.
Speaker 15: Sometimes we are need to hear.
Speaker 8: So true and holy recycle holy.
Speaker 13: Right now.
Speaker 1: Need the leader.
Speaker 3: You're gonna change the game.
Speaker 1: Just stay out the rain. God.
Speaker 10: I so you are my king, I episoldier nucking me anything you want.
Speaker 1: Me to be.
Speaker 2: Love your work, Lyle, and love that cardboard I had told up. Anyways, stick around because Manhattan, Mom, Donnie Madness is coming up after the break, Welcome back to the program. Well, there's been some shocking vision out of New York this week where there was a showdown between pro and anti Islam protesters in which explosives or attempted explosives were thrown, all of this taking place outside the official residents of New York City Mayor Zoron Mam Donni. Now, the incident is being investigated as being Isis inspired terrorism, and nineteen year old Ibrahim Kayumi and eighteen year old Amir Balat faced federal charges in connection with the allegations surrounding the incident, and the explosives appear to have been thrown allegedly by them at anti Islamic extremism protesters. But the reaction to this incident has been absolutely shocking. CNN's political combinator Anna Navarro falsely claimed during a panel discussion that the attack was aimed at Zoron mom Donni, the mayor himself, rather than the protesters. Have a look.
Speaker 7: Supposedly, some of these comments are as a result of the attempt against I guess Mayor Mandani in New York who was raised Muslim?
Speaker 6: Was he not?
Speaker 2: So there you go. And meanwhile, CNN primetime host Abby Phillip did the exact same thing and in fact had to wind up taking to social media to apologize and say that the wording of her comments were inaccurate. You can say that again. Joining me now to discuss this and more is the New York Posts Enter at Large, Kelly Jane Taurus. Kelly, thanks so much for coming on here this whole inversion of this alleged incident where they made it look like it was actually anti Islamic extremism protesters committing an Islamophobic attack. Well, no, wonder people don't trust the media.
Speaker 16: It's crazy, isn't it, James. And as you know, those are not the only examples. It wasn't just CNN. Every major media outlet, you know, minus their post of course, was doing this. You know, The New York Times others. They had in their headlines, very misleading headlines that made it sound again like it was the you know, supposed right wingers who had actually thrown the explosives, when in fact, it was these two guys who were inspired by ISIS apparently and you know, had gone training in the Middle East just to do this sort of attack. So it's quite crazy that the media would try to paint it the opposite of what it does. But let's face it, a lot of journalists do live in bizarro world. It's just incredible that they are allowed to get away with it.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean, look, you think some journalists through bizarro world. I live in the inner west of city. That's Sydney. That's pretty bizarrow itself. But you know this is pretty wild because I want you to listen to how Zion mab Dani himself described these two alleged terrorists.
Speaker 8: Two men Amir Balat and Ibrahim Kayumi, traveled from Pennsylvania and a tempted to bring violence to New York City. They are suspected of coming here to commit an act of terrorism.
Speaker 2: Okay, but listen to how he described the anti extremism protest that they were targeting.
Speaker 8: This was a vile protest rooted in white supremacy, entitled stop the Islamic Takeover of New York City.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seems like he was more cross about the protest than people who are throwing an alleged improvised explosive device that was full of nails. That doesn't seem like, I don't know, white supremacy to me being the problem.
Speaker 16: No, it's not James. And notice he used the word vile to describe that protest. He didn't use the word vile or anything like it to describe these two guys that came here. And really, we're just lucky that there weren't victims of this, were lucky that the explosives did not go off. And of course, you know, thanks to NYPD officers of whom I'm Donnie is constantly called racist in the past, they were able to apprehend these guys. And you know, one of the devices was dropped right by some of those police officers. So again, this could have really harmed and who knows, even been fatal to some of our great police officers here in New York City. But again, Zahn Mamdani cannot say a word of negativity or or of course the motivation behind those guys who were attacking that day.
Speaker 2: And you know, the thing about this whole story too, is that this is really, of course centering the question of Islam and America, Islam and New York and Zoron Mamdani himself being the first Muslim mayor, and you know, look, frankly, I think it's great to see people celebrating their faith whatever it is. But Zoron mam Donni being the first mayor of the Big Apple, many of his top appointees are Muslim as well. And there has now been these photos that have emerged of mom Donni breaking the Ramadan fast at city Hall, and we've seen the prayer take place, supplications, carpets being put all over the floors to give it sort of a Middle Eastern kind of feel. And one of the things that I think is really interesting is that it used to be that the left wood protest about putting a Nativity scene, you know, on the steps of a town hale somewhere, and now there are actually SEMs to be like, oh, hey, how great is this. We're having a Ramadan religious feast inside city hall in the biggest city of the greatest city in America.
Speaker 16: That's a great point, James. I mean, there are actually organizations here in America that were founded to stop, you know, to stop any sort of religious observance in public spaces. And you know, they've made money over the years, and they have people that are employed just to fight the sort of things you mentioned, Nativity scenes, crosses on property. But of course they are not saying a word about this very very very public space, Gracie Mansion, the storied residents of the New York City mayor, and it's all over the place, and of course the media as well, you know if again you know, they've they've certainly not reported fairly on you know, Christian or Jewish, you know, space celebrations in public spaces. But they are quite happy to spread Mamdani's Ramanan feasts, especially when he broke bread one evening with Mahmood Khalil, who was the Columbia protester who was you know, the Trump administration tried to deport for causing so much trouble on the Columbia campus and he had to bread with him one night. You know, That's that's what he wants to send with this he's not even you know, breaking bread with you know, Muslim leaders who are for peace and and for uh, you know, getting along with everybody. He's he's picking really the the you know, the violist. You know, some might say, people to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean it's just interesting though, how you know, again, the Mamdani's Muslim faith is being treated completely differently from any other public figures faith because the budget director of New York City is also of the Islamic faith, and he was supposed to be explaining away a five point four billion dollar budget deficit. But listen to this. It turns out that the budget director, Shearif Solomon, is himself using Ramadan as an excuse to avoid answering questions about the city's dire finances.
Speaker 15: Now, usually the mayor's budget director will kick off testimony at the first council budget hearing, but City Hall says that the director will testify later in the month because he is fasting for Ramadan.
Speaker 2: Hi Kelly, again, it just seems to be weird that the left, in a place like New York, which is always opposed to religion in the public square, is suddenly just kind of giving this all a pass. Because it's Mom Donnie and he's on the left and he's progressive, and I guess Islam isn't you know, nasty like Christianity or Judaism, which you know they get the old the icks about.
Speaker 16: And what's crazy, James. And to think about it, you know, if you are I didn't do our jobs because you know we're feeling hungry, we wouldn't have those jobs anymore. And let's face it, you know they have to you know, Muslims have to quit eating around sunrise, so you know about five point thirty five forty five am. He can't then have you know, a big meal at five and then testify, say at nine am. It's it's absolutely outrageous that he's using this as an excuse. I mean we're talking about you know, twelve to thirteen hour fast. There's certainly you know, he can eat breakfast, he can eat dinner. There's no question he can testify and reports New Yorkers about why the budget deficit is much much bigger than he and Momdani are telling New Yorkers. And this is of course because the controller of the city actually found this out and is telling New Yorkers what's actually going on and we can't find out why because this guy refuses to answer questions.
Speaker 2: It's amazing to me that we are, what you know, barely twelve weeks into this new administration. Everything has can to custard so quickly, Kelly Jane towards thank you so much, as always always loved to chat. Now, don't go away, because Only in America is coming at you before you know it. But first, enough politics, Let's talk Turkey, specifically Henry the turkey who had cops stuffing around trying to get him off a road in Cobb County, Georgia this week.
Speaker 1: Have a look with a loose turkey. It tried to attack me.
Speaker 3: Why did he keep coming out for me?
Speaker 1: Get out here, Harry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really had to leg it with that Turkey. Sorry, bad pun, you know, but I guess I just wanted you to be a breast of the situation. All right, that was bad too. I was just winging it. Stick around. Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only in America. Well, you know what, the Washington Post says, Democracy dies in darkness. Of course, they and the rest of the US media have had a lot of trouble also shedding light on the truth about people like the dead Ayatola and other Iranian troll makers. So in honor of that Instagram star that seventies jew she's really funny, by the way, give her a follow. Imagine how The Washington Post might have written the obituaries for other historical bad guys.
Speaker 17: Austrian born public servant and amateur artist passed away quietly in Berlin due to a self inflicted wound. A mustachioed, avuncular team builder known for his commitment to workforce relocation initiatives and surprise performance reviews. A visionary agricultural reformer who popularized the Janangshan suit. A career palace advisor who briefly streamlined Agriba's leadership through hypnotic negotiations. A passionate advocate for organizational efficiency within the Galactic Empire. Unambitious alumnus of Hogwarts who pursued innovative soul fragmentation strategies and led a passionate pure blood advocacy group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, somehow, I don't think they'll be as nice to me when my time comes. If they notice it all, and on that cheery note, that's all the time we have this week. See you next time, and I'll see it right here, bright and early Sunday morning for outsiders, Bye bye,