Speaker 1: From the Skyinging Center. This is Paul Murray Live. Forgive me if you heard mobile phones ringing on the said while Denika was putting together the last part of a show. I apologize. I came through a different door in a panic everyone because I thought I wasn't here. But I'm here. We're ready to go, and I apologize for the interruption. We've got a lot to get to tonight. Right now, it is midday in the UK. Their election ten hours from now is set an Am Cidney, Melbourne, Bruceban Canberra. Is when the results will start to come in. We'll have a chat with Laura Jays in a moment from a beautiful old London. Of course, the UK, all of it will be voting expectation, Labour wins. What do we care about if Nigel Ferrag ends up getting not just a good size of the vote but a couple of seats as well. Now let's get straight to it. I hate the Midwinter Ball. I've always hated it. I've never been invited to it is that way. I hate it. No, the Midwinter Ball is put on by the Press Gallery and it's supposedly an opportunity to raise money for charity, But what it really ends up being is sort of a school formal, an annual school former for the people who are in our political system. What frustrates me about this event is that we're supposed to believe that politics is adversarial, that the battle of ideas, and we all know that all of these people get us to believe that there's great fights between red and blue and green and yellow and orange and all the rest of it. But the reality of this night is that it's kind of all of the people who consider themselves the cool kids who aren't really just hanging out in one giant mix with the media. And again I find it all kind of uncomfortable. I think the idea that if I was a politician and I'd want to support the charity, I'd wear what I wore during the day. I wouldn't glam up, and I wouldn't pretend that I was going off to an award show. And I know I cop it for this, but I don't care. They're supposed to be a relationship that is again adversarial at times, between the people in power and the people who ask questions on our behalf of the people in power, the people who are supposed to keep them in check, but they all intermingle, they all carry on, they all whisper in each other's ears, and they all go home way too late. And I find that just uncomfortable. If they want to raise money, great, do it in the middle of the day. Everyone wears their work clothes. But because this is their moment, including the media, for their look at me moment, we all have to play along, will have to watch. And yeah, I find it kind of ugly that these people who live inside the bubble, including the media, people inside the bubble, including all the people who want to suck up to the people in the bubble and the bubble inside the bubble, they all kind of look the other way while they reapply the lippy and put on the new shirt. Australia is living in a cost of life living crisis, but I just think it's a particularly kind of gross thing to rub everyone's nose in it and show no those signs of trying to pair back the glam. Now, if there was a political event, there have a been, of course criticisms in the past about politicians or politicians wives and what they wear on things like budget night. Now, I've never got into that. In fact, as you remember, I had strongly pushed back against it. But if the theory is that, oh, that's because those people are out of touch, well then what was the whole room last night? Now again people will say he's just pissed off because he's not part of the party. No, I'm annoyed because these are the stories that are in the paper every day today, Corey. Male people don't have breakfast on weekdays. Why because they're trying to save money overall cost of living again and again and again number one issue. We talk about it so many times. All the politics that they all sort of pat each other on the bat or they back or they all pretend to fight about, has real consequences for normal people. And I'm sorry, I'm just a bit old school. I think there should be a bit of a mote between the politicians and the media. Now, there have been times in my career, as I've talked about, where sometimes you just get too familiar, too close to people, and it means you lose a bit of perspective. I've earned that a couple of times. But the reality of just how close this all is, plus the touch football, and it's just a giant game as Barnaby Joyce often talks about that it's a giant boarding school and you've got the cool kids and they're not cool kids, and the nerdy kids and the conservative kids. So next time the Prime Minister says this, we have been focused on making a difference and that has been our focus, lifting up living standard. Think about this because it was a celebration of people in terms of the politicians who have all and I mean all, got not one, not two, but three pay rises since the last election. Will you haven't now? I'm done with the protesting. I have been for a long time and I don't think that it changes anyone's opinion. I think that all the people who support the cause are yeah, good on your man, and then everyone else goes. Please perfect example that idiot last night.
Speaker 2: Hi there, everybody, my name is Sky. I'm twenty two. Are you shar they pronounce? And I am currently.
Speaker 1: On a tree set.
Speaker 2: I'm here on one of real country. I am here for climate justice. So sow it sucks. I mean the continent itself, whatever you want to call that continent, is a very beautiful place, but it's built on extraction, It's built on stolen land. The nation state is built on stolen land. We export nothing but coal, weapons and misery.
Speaker 1: Then, of course, each and every year we have the discussion about what the day of January the twenty sixth means. And because our country isn't old enough, like say the United States, the UK or every other place that has some sort of national day, we have to go through the same garbage. Now, this of course is not insensitive to the idea of what was here prior and what happened then and all the rest of it. But please, and then take your pick. How many times is there some giant march that will take place up and down the streets, union people, all the rest of it, And it doesn't really do anything, It doesn't move anything. It's often about trying to get media attention and then in the hope that media attention equals getting a result that they want. But so often it doesn't remember this stuff during COVID. Don't remember Daniel Andrews opening up the streets to everyone. Oh, that's right, apart from the union workers who already were allowed to leave the house because they work for unions during COVID lockdowns. So you know where I'm going with this. You saw the crap at Parliament House today and regardless of whether you agree or you disagree, most people watching, of course he will disagree. People hate this stuff, They truly hate this stuff. And too frequently the building that is supposedly one of the most special and sacred in the country has been abused by people trying to make points like this, like remember the idiots who were all about the climate. Those were the people who were setting prams on fire and graffiti all over the place. Or idiots who decide to glue themselves to things, and oh it's also serious. Oh goodness, imagine living in Imagine what are these people do for fun? Like do they ever watch movies that they listen to? Me? What do they do for fun? Imagine being that's sanctumonious about something. Well, the problem with the Parliament House protests is that they expose the lack of security around the building. Now I know that it would not at all be fun to be the security guard or the member of the Protective Services the Australian Federal Police who has to stand outside of Parliament House for twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, hot in summer, cold in winter. But the reality is we don't guard that building properly. We really don't. Evidence is that people were able to climb up onto the structure and to be able to stay there now amazingly. Of course, the media turns around and they show you live pictures, which means these people get exactly what they want as opposed to somebody getting a ladder and cutting down the signs. Where was any of that today? There's no cherry pickers underneath Parliament House. Please Now, I don't want anything terrible to ever happen in one of our public institutions. But the reality is is that Okay, it's paint one day, it signs another, God forbid if it's something else at some other time, And again we could end up spending an awful lot of money saying, well, why do we spend so much money on security for the building when nothing happens. Well, of course, the security in and of itself becomes the deterrent. I don't want to see Australia end up in a position where a fence is put up around its national buildings, like say the United States is with the White House, or of course around the Capitol Building or the Supreme Court. When the protests get too big. But in the meantime, we have all the technology, all the manpower, and all the money in the world to guarantee that anyone who wants to do anything even kinder like this stuff gets arrested quickly and live on television. While their banners are unfurling, somebody is tearing them down. Believe what you want. I think we should have in every major city a place for protest and a place where even the local government pays for the microphone. I'm fine for that, that's free speech. But the idea of exposing the security flaws of a building that means an awful lot to us, well, for obvious reasons, that's not cool. And by the way, the Australian public doesn't like her. We know because of this polling. Remember the polling that came out not that long ago in the Resolve Policity Morning Herald Age Brisbane Times. Only fifty three percent of people say that it's a legitimate protest if you're having it in a park, forty one percent if you're marching in the street, fourteen percent if you're camping out or occupying a university, ten percent if you're blocking an MP's elect office nine percent, if you're protesting at the home or business of a business or political figure. Seven percent, if you're the hay there on top of the trains with the coal in it, four percent, if you're damaging property. People don't like this stuff. They don't like it because it doesn't change anyone's mind. Now, I'm not going to spend too much time at the start of the show. Inevitably will get anything in the conversation about the former Labor senator from Western Australia who is pretending that the single issue of what is happening in Palestine is the reason for her to leave the Labor Party. Now, I had said last night that her movement was going to not mean too much when it comes to the numbers. Now that is true in terms of the government, because let me go back yet again and say thirty nine votes are needed in the Senate for anything to happen. Labour has twenty five, the Greens have eleven. That gets them, of course, to thirty six. The Liberal and National Parties have thirty one. The cross Bench has eight people on it. Now I mentioned Nation has two. I forgot to mention United Australia Party. Sorry, Ralph. The Lamby network has one Pocock, Thorpe, Tyrrell formerly of the Lamby Network, and now Payment are the rest of that cross bench. So here's how the numbers work. Labor Party twenty five plus eleven needs just three cross benches. Three of those cross benches, they will easily get Pocock because he always votes for them, Thought because she always votes for them, Tyrrell or Lamby because they always vote for them, and Payment while she used to be of them, and you can't imagine her voting with one Nation or the Liberal Party. So nothing's happening yet. How much coverage and how much conversation and oh what about this? And what about that? And the Muslim vote and all the rest of it. Don't you love that when somebody left the Lamby network and broke out as her own independent and they are readily could end up voting against the government. There was virtually no coverage, no press conferences. I think she banged out a YouTube video and there were no more questions. And the crazy cat lady in Jackie Lamby is on Tell Division every week and never gets asked about it. Nothing's changing in the Senate. And I explained in great detail last night. Why the myth of the Labor Party losing all of its seats because of a particular vote that's going to change. Remember, the reason the Teals are able to pull off what the Teals do is because it's the Liberal Party versus everyone else on the ballot, and all of them preference each other. The major Party of Labor runs dead, so that the Teals end up finishing second. The preferences get them over the line they become MP's in the Western Sydney seats. The Liberal Party will not play dead. The Liberal Party will not preference them, which means Labor will probably hold onto the seats. If you're a fair, legitimate, community based focused person like a Dye Leee, well then you're a chance of getting into the Parliament. But if this is the reason why things are being set up, please this just seems to be yet another trojan horse excuse from the far left to talk about the subjects they want to talk about as opposed to the ones Australia is absolutely obsessed with. And that of course is cost of living. Oh but then again we'd have to call it how bad the government is right now, Our old mate Joe Biden it's happened in the past twenty four hours where put simply, he's digging in. Now, this is great. If you're a Trump fan, please more of it. Let's hope it is Biden all the way to November, because at this stage, no chance that Biden's going to win, no indication I should say that Biden is going to win now after that debate performance, which of course was about a week ago, and they say a week's a long time in politics, We'll imagine going from the president they were all behind to now a week later, the calls and a lot of effort to push him out of the race. But Biden, who controls the entire process of whether he remains the nominee or not. Remember, he will decide when the zoom call takes happen. He's got the delegates and he can lock himself into the job. Which is now why you're getting this rubbish from the White House spokesperson fighting considering stepping down at absolutely not. But then straight after these things happen, the people who are the ones that have told us Joe Biden's completely okay. In the basement, Joe Biden's completely okay when he's staring off into the distance. Joe Biden's an amazing success, until, of course, their lie was exposed by his performance in the debate, where he was so feeble he can't even continue as president lit alone candidate, let alone plus four years.
Speaker 3: Well, they're saying this, Look, I'm just going to be honest. I mean, everybody comes on the air and says all this great stuff, but behind the scenes, it's a full scale panic. People are passing around legal memos pds or flying back and forth on WhatsApp trying to figure out what are the options. How can you replace Biden? How do you get him to do it in a way where he feels respected as he should be respected. Who should Kamala Harris's vice president be? The conversation on air and the conversation off air are completely different.
Speaker 1: Now, remember this is not because they don't think he can do the job. It's because they don't think he can win an election. What does that tell you about their love of democracy and all the rest of it? Democracy is that you and I get to decide if this person gets another in this case four years in the United States. I don't know quick switch him out because it's all been exposed the guy we kept in the basement, the guy who's done no press conferences, the guy who doesn't turn around and do interviews. Oh, he's all completely fine. He's as sharp as attack. They were literally saying that today, that he's as smart as he's ever been. This, of course, was the same person who was telling you that when you see videos of this bloke staring off into space, that somehow he was this was all a fake, all a deep fake. Remember, well, all of those people are now trying to pretend to say you didn't see what you saw last week and everything this week where people have been noticing the problems that you saw last week, all of it doesn't exist again, fine by me. I don't want them to win that Joe Biden's administration has been a failure. I think that his attitudes on everything from Title nine through to letting millions of people across the border is the wrong way to go. So I'm fine with them living in the fantasy land and him bricking himself inside. But the idea that he's able to break himself inside because he's the best one for the gig complete rubbish, complete rubbish. So the opinion polls come out today that confirm what we've always known. The debate was terrible, and his numbers are tanking, which is why at least Van Jones, that was the guy you saw before on CNN, and he's saying, yeah, stop saying all this polite stuff on Telly, we're saying really nasty stuff behind the scenes. How a look at that forty nine to forty three among likely voters, That, of course is an absolute thumper. There'd be an election result called on the night. There'd be no red mist all the rest of it. Oh yeah, and by the way, that's just the fight between Trump and Biden. Once you're throwing Kennedy. It's Trump forty two, Biden twenty seven, thirty seven, and Kennedy at eight. That's why James Carvill, a man who's famous in political circles, the man who literally was the guy who perfected the it's the economy stupid works for Bill Clinton, been around it for a long period of time. He's out and about saying they've got a blast Biden out. It'll be amazing once eventually, if Biden's able to brick himself in confirm his own nomination, will he still be saying, well, buggarat we've still got to get behind him anyway, he says, cut off the money. Carvill advisors donors who want Biden out of the race, to cut off money to politicians who won't take their side. So put simply anyone unless they come out and say get rid of Biden. What I would say is this, If we don't do something about this, I'm going to put it to you. Call block on my cell phone. So that's the message, move them with the money. Oh yeah, And apparently there was a controversy with Trump today. The Daily Beasts decided to show a leaked video when a bunch of people clearly saw Donald Trump with his son Baron on the golf course I believe today. So they decided to ask him a couple of questions and chicily film it. And apparently this is the new version of the excess Hollywood type. Could anyone tell me what's wrong with what he says?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Roll the type? How did I do with the dived the other night? All broken down? Pilot crabs? Yeah, it's a bad guy. He just quit, you know, he's quitting. The rest is that right? Yep? I got him out of it, and that means we have Kamala. I think she's going to be better. She's so bad, she's so pathetic, it's amazing, it's I just can't imagine. But can you imagine that? Go with dealing with Putin and the president of China, who's a fierce person.
Speaker 2: He's a fierce man, a very tough guy.
Speaker 1: And they see him. They probably he can't but they just announced he's he's probably quitting. Just keep knocking. What a scandal he tipped somebody. And then he said what we all know to be true, which increasingly in terms of the White House of the pro Biden people, is not allowed at all speaking a bad language on the Internet or anywhere else. Remember when this was the reason that Lefty said that the voice referenda went from sixty forty yes to sixty forty no misinformation misinformation.
Speaker 4: The misinformation map outrays trying to start a culture war.
Speaker 1: It is important Trump style politics misinformation misinformation. Well, of course, the E Safety Commissioner otherwise known as the E Karen or the E Safety Karen or the Internet Karen at the time was ad and about saying there has been a major increase in the amount of not just misinformation but potentially violent threats that were being complained about by Indigenous people at the height of the debate around the Voice. Why am I mentioning this tonight because thank goodness for the Institute of Public Affairs the IPA, because they were able to prove that was garbage. The woman in charge of policing misinformation on Australia's social media platforms has been accused of pushing misleading narrative about online abuse linked to the Voice referendum. Why because she said this.
Speaker 5: It's pretty shocking that.
Speaker 6: Indigenous youth experienced online heat and online racism at a rape three times greater than other youth.
Speaker 1: How many complaints do you think that there were from Indigenous Australians about cyber abuse relating to the referendum. I'll tell you two, like literally two complaints. Yet the lady who would like to have the power of greater power to sensor the internet to tell you what you can and can't see, she's out there selling a narrative at It's only not because this was publicly released by the government. This is information that, by the way, was served up by the Institute of Public Affairs because they were able to peek behind the curtain and guess what it showed. The Safety Commissioner E Karen wasn't telling the truth. She works for a government and this part of a system that would like to further sense of the Internet, so much so that if it's declared misinformation by the Australian Communications and Broadcasting Authority, you know, a bunch of radio National listeners who would hate everything that we do and certainly anything that the great Kyle Sandelins would do, then it must be removed from social media platforms. If the social media platforms don't remove it, then hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of fines and then eventually the social media platforms turn around and say, oh, look, let's just not post the links from the thing that everyone complains about. Now. The government, of course would love to shut down people like myself, channels like this, Times of Broadcast like ours, but of course they couldn't possibly do it, so just like their third pay rise in a row since the election. Oh, it's a completely independent process in part administered by people who tell well falsehoods like that or is that misinformation too, Karen? Now a couple of other bits of information before we get to the wonderful Laura Jays standing by looking splendid. The reason we're in HD. We'll get to here in a moment or two's time. Looking great in London, with plenty to say about the election, But the nds we know are the explosion of it and its costs. Well, we know there's a lot of people that are routing, a lot of people that are taking the proverbial. But also let's be serious about how many people in this country have a disability. According to the Bureau Statistics, twenty seven million people in the country. Five point five million of them have a disability. More disability the older that you get, but that is an incredible number. Meantime, can we ignore the nonsense about increasing taxes on soft drinks? Yes, this is a self interested rant, but there's only so much tax one can pay on tobacco, or gambling or petrol cars. It almost feels slightly if you are a pa perote person, you feel personally attacked by those policies. But the idea is that to pay for, among other things, the rising costs to our health system because of fatties like myself, well, we have to introduce attax on the things that helps make US fatties for their point, this is the reason why apparently the tax should be in place.
Speaker 4: So we've had heaps of evidence that's been put into this over the years. So we've got the National Obesity Strategy that we follow, and certainly it indicates that we're needing to have a sugar tax. If we can encourage people to spend their dollars more on healthy food rather than junk food or Sweden beverages, then we can actually tip the scales back in the right direction. We also need to have restrictions on advertising, particularly to young children, because we're setting them up for failure at the moment, and at the moment the biggest failure is happening by our politicians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the reason people like sugar because of the ads. Okay, pow, let's go the UK right now. My wonderful friend, my work wife, my buddy. I don't think you're allowed to say workwife anymore anyway else you're on HR are in a couple of weeks time. Laura Jays love you to see you. She's in London right now because the election is on. It is what about midday your time? Poles close at ten o'clock exit polls come out thirty seconds later and Labor wins.
Speaker 7: Right, yep, absolutely, and you're allowed to say whatever you want, Paul.
Speaker 5: This is election day. We're about halfway through. The sun has finally come out.
Speaker 7: Everyone's been a little bit cranky over the last couple of weeks, not only because they were in the middle of an election campaign bombarded by all these messaging, but the weather has been quite rubbish, even by London standards. But what I think we're about to see today, Paul, is the obliteration of the Conservative government.
Speaker 5: When you look at the numbers, and I know you love numbers.
Speaker 7: We had a ugup poll out yesterday about forty thousand in terms of the sample size, so pretty decent. They're talking about the biggest loss for any party since well the thirty two, so you have to go back almost two centuries to see this kind of majority for Labor.
Speaker 5: So it is absolutely yeah. It said it's going to be one for the history books.
Speaker 7: And when you look at just what has changed in the last five years, and he's just stunning. Remember twenty nineteen, you and I were talking about the Red Wall being torn down by Boris Johnson everyone then we're was talking about him being in power for another decade, and here we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm just thinking about that, right, three prime ministers in one term, Right, three prime ministers in one term that there's no way any any country is going to cop that we didn't do it when it was two in one term. We would end up having our issues with it in between. Look again, Liz Trusts, who I know reinvents herself as sort of the ultimate truth teller and destroyed by the state. But she was there for two months, all right. You know, Rishi was never wanted by the members. And the nature of politics this deep into a government, there's always people that will be willing to complain. And then of course there's a Boris Johnson of it all. As you say, five years ago, the bloke knocked the Labor Party so far on its backside that it was Is there a future for the Labor Party five years later? Of course there will be a future for the Tories. It'll have Niger farage and reform in and around it. But is it true what you're seeing here is the rejection of a government, not the not the adoption of an opposition.
Speaker 5: One hundred.
Speaker 7: I mean you have to look at where the Tories are at. Rishie Sunak really didn't have much of a chance. And when you look at the numbers, they have not moved for eighteen months. So this campaign has absolutely not moved the dial. There is apathy, voter apathy, and they're not even they've gone kind of beyond angry. They'ren't have baseball, but so they just like, oh, yeah, these guys are done. We need to give someone else a turn here. But again back to the numbers. So on thisatest poll, Labor would win forty two percent of the popular vote. That is the same percentage that Jeremy Corbyn got at the last election, but that was an historic defeat.
Speaker 5: So that's how much the electoral.
Speaker 7: System has changed in terms of Reform, the Liberal Democrats and just the whole makeup.
Speaker 5: So you're looking at Labor winning forty two percent.
Speaker 7: Of the popular vote and seventy percent of the seats, and you're looking at the Tories winning about twenty percent of the popular vote and thirteen percent of the seats, and Nigel Farage Reform UK.
Speaker 5: He could win fifteen percent.
Speaker 7: One in six people could vote Reform UK and they could pick up zero seats although the current prediction is around three seats, so it's just a utter rejection of the major parties.
Speaker 5: I think Labor really needs to.
Speaker 7: Be careful here, and they've run such a small target campaign. Kirs Darma didn't have to do anything. He was utterly boring and that's kind of what people want. It's the fear, it's what he does on day one, it's what he does on Monday of next week. Because a lot of people in the UK will remember previous Labor gouverments. I think it was nineteen ninety eight where there's no talk about the independence of the Bank of England.
Speaker 5: They've thought a Brown did it literally the day after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct, Look, the reason the choppers are around is because they want to get a nice pat photo of you wearing the teal. Now the teal, of course is a message in Australia, but teal over there is reform UK. So you're coming out for Nigel today.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought you'd like this. It's a little bit of velvest.
Speaker 7: You know, Nigel is quite dapper, he's sartorially splendid always, So yeah, sure, Paul, I'll go with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, that's the special meeting at least it wasn't Suffragette white, which obviously they were wearing even on the c and end debate. Look, so let's explain our coverage tomorrow seven am matches up to ten pm UK time. You're obviously there. Give us an idea about timing result, what people need to see when they set their alarm and when they turn their telly on tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: Well, it'll be a work bender for me. So it's midday today.
Speaker 7: Nine pm tonight will be on air here in London, that is six am your time there.
Speaker 5: The polls close at ten pm.
Speaker 7: Then we have an exit pole, and the exit pole it doesn't always get it right, but it's.
Speaker 5: Increasingly more accurate.
Speaker 7: I think there's two elections that they were way off, but last election, when I was here in the depth of winter, it was pretty much a bang on when Boris Johnson got that landslide victory. So ten pm we'll get that exit pole. We'll talk about that probably for a couple of hours to be honest, and then we'll get the first seat, a couple of seats in about an hour.
Speaker 5: Now. These will be.
Speaker 7: The first actual indication of where it's happened, where it's all happening and where the numbers will go. And usually if it was a close election, you wouldn't really take notice of these early seats. But because a landslide victory is predicted, we'll probably be able to reduce a fair bit from those first couple of seats, and then they don't trickle in like an Australian election, they just get kind of.
Speaker 5: Dumped in blocks.
Speaker 7: So we'll have a pretty good idea by about three in the morning, five in the morning afternoon your time, Paulding.
Speaker 1: So it's mega, which is why it's even better that you're getting up that little bit earlier Australian time. You're hanging out with us. Now, enjoy some apparole spirits between now and then, mate, and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: That would be dangerous, but perhaps I'll think about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think you just might. All right, there's enough time to recover, you know, one or two now seven hours later to see what opened to see it on Laurie Jay's there of course in London. Full coverage tomorrow morning from when you wake up all the way through the best coverage here on Sky News. Make sure you keep an eye on it quick breakback with more loss to talk about Meghan Kelly speaking of stunners. She joins us from the United States in moments from now to talk about Biden bricking himself into the White House. Thank you very much for watching joining us right now, lady. I had the chance to be able to hang out with in Brisbane for our Town show on Sunday. They wonderful. Lisa got it from a dony media. Lovely to see you and I haven't seen him face to face for a while, but I'm glad to see him on the Telly the man who just wants to basically talk Biden for the next two hours, but I'm going to get him to talk about other stuff. Michael Krager, how are you, my dear friend.
Speaker 8: Paul, I couldn't be better.
Speaker 9: How are you, mate?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Very good. And if he wants to barricade himself in the White House then fine by me. All right, Yeah, let's talk here about the protest right. I'm not going to get lost in all the Muslim vote stuff and all the rest of it. Why Because, as I explained earlier, preferences work in certain ways. If major parties they basically have to run dead for those candidates to end up getting up and over. The margins are quite significant, so let's not waste time on that. Fatima in and of herself, she's either you know, of immense courage or there's a whole lot of people that have pushed her in the direction. Pay attention to the staff that she hires. Okay, pay attention. There'll be some people who you will have never heard of. But if there's somebody you may have heard of them, maybe that was the plan all the way along. Let's all find out together anyway. But protest in general, Lisa, I don't think they change people's minds, all right. I don't think people change their minds when they see kids holding placards. I don't think they see when people glue themselves to things. The media loves it because it's something other than you know, the order to general reading from a report. But no one changes their mind after this stuff, no one, no.
Speaker 6: And I think all it has done today is raise questions about safety and security at Parliament House. It was nothing more than an invasion and so there are serious questions now being asked about what is being done and actually how safe, and not just the politicians and the staff in Parliament House, but all of the members of the public and the school kids who go there because they're able to get up there ninety minutes with those messages hanging off the front of what is, you know, the People's House. It's just absolutely wrong. And my question about this is the absolute timing of it. Is it completely coincidental that it happened on the very same day that you know, the press conference has held that you know, I'm I'm leaving the Labor Party and she was so disciplined on her message. I know you don't want to get into it, but the one thing that stuck with me was when she was asked about whether she would go and be part of or set up another party of Muslim party, and she ended it with stay tuned. So from a pr media messaging perspective, she completely let herself down on being so disciplined across everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, and look, the reason I'm just pumping the brakes is just only We've all heard a lot about it in the past few days. All right, and again Michael wants to spend two hours on Biden still. But Michael, there is one thing that I wanted to on all of this, right, and again it's the role of the media right now when if somebody wants to leave the Lamby Party or One Nation or United Australia Party. I'm thinking about previous times this has all happened. They don't get the pre booked Sunday morning interview treatment followed up by the press conferences and the six pm news all right, they just don't get it, even though it doesn't change the actual numbers. She was absolutely, absolutely centered by the media to be the story of the week. I'm happy with that because it means the two little too late tax cut stuff that Prime Minister wasn't able to tell lies about that all week that actually got connected. But don't you love when the media lift up these senators nobody's ever heard of, versus completely ignore people like a Ralph Babbott who's elected to the Senate, passes motions in the Senate, but they won't interview.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but the difference there is a great difference. I mean, she's done something which has not ever really been done in Labor history. I mean mel Colston resigned and then we have, of course Billy Hughes one hundred years ago. She's defied the Labor Party rules across the floor, then said she's abstaining and then resigned. So is that newsworthy?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 9: What she's done is newsworthy. What isn't newsworthy? Mate to be quite frank, and I don't accept what Lisa said. I think demonstrations are designed to intimidate people. He's left to his hard left. You know, fascist demonstrations are designed to intimidate people, and they do intimidate people. They certainly do intimidate people. But there's two things. First of all, is it newsworthy any longer? I mean, is it really of great import that for clowns? You know, Jewish hating clowns are on top of the Parliament House.
Speaker 1: We don't news And I'm just going to say, remember we don't show streakers anymore because we don't want to encourage streak outs. Why would you? This is basically principle now, which means fine, if I've got to put up with the extinction rebellion people, I also get to see naked people at the footing, all right, So just pick a hand one or let it all hang out. That's my view on this.
Speaker 9: All the other thing are extinct are extinction rebellion demonstrations newsworthy anymore. And secondly, you know, I wonder particular with these Jewish hating Palestinian demonstrations, many of which are you know, have HMAS supporters there? Have they? These people lost their social license to demonstrate. I mean, in Australia, a peaceful demonstration where you don't interfere with other people is considered legitimate. But these demonstrations full of vicious hatred, law breaking, nasty, provocative, full of hate speech. Is this legitimate in Australia in terms of you know, we know the law can't stop them, doesn't stop them, and you can say anything you want in Australia, do anything you want to not be arrested, as we know from the demonstrations in Sydney. But boy, you know, is a social license trampled on by these people? I would have thought, say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good, very good point. But of course the little state's all under the guys of you know, a nation state as opposed to all of that stuff. Let's get to Biden. Let's get to Biden. So it is fascinating, Lisa. It's obvious where the media wants to go. But what's incredible is the media want him out, not because he's not fit for offers. It's just because he won't win, all right, Because of course if he's not fit for offers, he should be out now, let alone, you know, propped up between now in November. But he is doing he's making the most of the awkwardness of somebody coming out against him and using all of the advantages of the incumbency to barricade himself in and self selecting the people who come and meet him and then go out and say how amazing all is. It's not going to work, but it'll put it off the inevitable for a little while, and that's good for Trump, right. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The person I feel sorry for here is the White House spokesperson because how many excuses does she have to keep coming up with we had, the cold we had, is having a bad day, and now she's there denying that these conversations are happening behind closed doors. But what's telling is that people are now staying to leak about what is happening in those conversations. And as you say, once the donor's closed the purses, well then what happens from there. So the great piece I loved about today was they just put block on your phone and block them. The message will get through thick and fast, and Michael will know this. As soon as the money drives up, well, you know, support for Biden's going to quickly dry up as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean again, it's fascinating, Michael. Look again, I think he can use all of his advantages to barricade himself in great He's going to lose.
Speaker 9: Not only is he going to lose, mate, he's not going to run. He's finished. He's not the Democratic candidate. He will be standing down as a Democratic candidate. The Democratic Convention starts on the ninetieth of August next month, right, so what's that three six weeks away, seven weeks away. He will stand down either before then or at that convention. They cannot go through the charade of him winning the convention and everyone's standing giving him, you know, standing ovations and applause and saying how incredibly he is and wonderful he is, and he's on the top of his game and his mind sharp, and then having him resign a couple of months later, and having to put Harris in and then go to the other and they can't do that if he's going he's got to go by August nineteen, and he is going by August nineteen. You cannot possibly have this bloke as the candidate. And it looks it looks increasingly likely as every day passes that Harris will be the candidate for a multitude of reasons. But I'll tell you, having just come back from Europe, mate, the most interesting thing is this. Until last Friday, in that debate, watch viewers of Sky News and Paul Murray Show in particular, we're two years ahead of European and American opinion. Because it's only a last Friday that people said, hang on this, I've set in this debate, this brokes. He's a brick short of a load.
Speaker 1: He's got dementia.
Speaker 9: There's something wrong with him. Because the American left, hard left press, that's not the mainstream press anymore, just the hard left press seen in New York Times, the British press. They had all been listening to the White House spokeswoman who's saying no's he's absolutely on top of his game. He's as sharp as attack. And now on the last Friday that people learned what you'd been telling people for two years that Joe Biden, Joe Biden unfortunately is incapable of carrying on. And it's come as a huge shock to everyone in Europe and America that this bloke isn't up to the job. I mean, it is just totally bizarre and shame on. Shame on those left wing media organization in America who've been protecting Biden. I'm not the first to make this part, obviously, but shame on them, because mate, as anywhey's watched you for two years is known, he has had a very sad and rapid decline over that period and it's terrible, and you know, it's frightening to watch. He's the leader of the free world.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, Lisa, you're winner or loser of the week? Who is it?
Speaker 6: I'm going to go who's a winner of the week, which I don't think exists any anyone out there who was reporting on the parliamentary ball and didn't and didn't comment on the men and what men were wearing? Who are you wearing?
Speaker 5: What are you wearing?
Speaker 4: Or we heard about what the.
Speaker 6: Women were wearing? And I think we should be past that now.
Speaker 1: Oh look at you. I like it, but weren't the blokes are wearing the same boring black suit. There's not there's nothing in it. There's not, there's no But then then again, now we're going to have people that have got the message in the lining and all of that stuff, which AOC did years ago, and it was garbage then as well. But no, fair point. I can't interrupt Michael winner or a loser.
Speaker 6: Well, then we get to ignore the dresses.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I understand what you were saying.
Speaker 9: Winner of the week clearly the man who said you sure did beat many care you bet it to death. He's the winner of the week and the loser of the week, the loser of the week, two of them, Macron, the president of France and Sunak, the Prime Minister of Britain. As a warning to politicians they're going to lose anyway, don't call unnecessary early elections. The public don't like it.
Speaker 1: Here here through Malcolm Timberland for the triumper and if you'd like, all right, thank you, so you later enjoy your weekend. Megan Kelly joins us from the US next. I wonder what we're talking about. I want to see. Well, as you know, it feels like all hell is breaking loose in the United States, but amazingly despite all the noise, all the news, Biden, it looks like he's trying to barricade himself into the job, into the White House. The times are tough, the news is big. But Meghan Kelly always looks a million bucks. How can you look so good during a time like this?
Speaker 10: Honestly, I'm just I'm a glow from the fire hose of news that we've been drinking from today.
Speaker 8: It's wonderful to have news to cover. This is kind of.
Speaker 10: Dark stuff, But you know, I can't say I'm sorry to see it happening because they've been lying to us. They've been defrauding the American people about our president's mental state. We've known it was a fraud. You at Sky News have been doing more honest coverage of our president's cognitive abilities than the American news media has. So I don't really shed any tears over what they're going through right now because they created this mess.
Speaker 1: Look, I can't believe it, but he looks like he's doubling down and now one's going to be able to force him out.
Speaker 10: You know, the five stages of grief are said to start with denial, Right, it's not happening, No, it's not the case. And then I think eventually we're going to get to bargaining and anger and finally acceptance. But the odds of a democratic president being able to withstand the kind of media assault that he is under right now are slim and nun I've never seen it done before. I mean, he'd have to pull a Trump, and he's no Trump. The leftists in our country care what the New York Times says. They care what's in Politico and on CNN and MSNBC and mourning Joe, and they're hearing almost universally the same message, which is he's infirm, he is in cognitive decline.
Speaker 8: They're lying to us about.
Speaker 10: His ability to do it, and oh, by the way, he can't win.
Speaker 8: He can't win.
Speaker 10: And the most devastating thing that's happened to Joe Biden after the Thursday night debate. I remember this time last week we talked and I said, oh, I can't wait to talk.
Speaker 8: To you after the debate.
Speaker 10: My god, if only we had seen exactly how catastrophic it would be. The only thing that really mattered after that debate was this release by Puck News of the internal Democrat polls, and those are the best reason I've seen so far to predict it's over for Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: And I think what annoys me is that the people who are trying to move him on and not doing it because he's an embarrassment to the country. They're not doing it because he can't govern the country. They're simply doing it because they think he can't win.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so two points on that one. The polls are so bad, I don't know how to describe to you how bad they are. Yes, the New York Times is putting it at six point spread among likely voters. It's I think nine with registered which is just absolutely devastating. But we don't have a national election here. We have, you know, an electoral college, and what that means is these critical six to eight depending on how generous you are, swing states are going to decide this presidential race. And he's hemorrhaging in the swing states.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: He's lost at least two points according to these internal Democrat polls in every single swing state. CBS News has a poll out putting it.
Speaker 8: At more like four points of loss.
Speaker 10: Sorry, it's more like between two and three on the internal bowl, more like four with CBS and it's not just the swing states. Now that debate has made non swinging states, states that are reliably blue states suddenly swing states or leaning red. New Hampshire Donald Trump is now up by two. Joe Biden won New Hampshire by seven. Just six months ago, he was winning it by ten. It's been a twelve point swing New Hampshire to Donald Trump's territory. New Mexico. Joe Biden now up just by one in the five way. He's up by two in the two way. Just before the debate, Biden was up by seven New Mexico. We should not be talking about this state. It is reliably blue. Same story in Virginia, which once upon a time was red, but for the past several election cycles has been solidly blue. All those Democrats from Washington d C.
Speaker 8: Moved there.
Speaker 10: It's right next door in northern Virginia and turned it blue. No longer. It's looking redder and redder by the second. Forget the swing states. He's taking the reliably blue states and making them swing states or red states. That is going to lead them to kick him out. Now, yes, it's ultimately his decision, but he's not going to be able to withstand party leadership coming out and pushing him, and mark my words, if these party leaders believe he's going to cost them the Senate and the House, right that they're because the Democrats are hoping to reclaim control of the House. So if he's going to cost them the Senate and the House and the White House, they will push him out. They will make it so that he cannot hold on. So that's point number one, point number two on the news media. The only reason that they're doing this is because the jig is up. Saw with our own eyes the state that he is in is no longer possible for them to deny the state that he's in. We've now seen and heard it for ninety minutes straight. And on top of that, they've realized that their lawfare campaign failed. It failed miserably, and so they have no choice but to break glass in case of emergency and do the unthinkable, get rid of him and try their luck with anyone, anyone other than Biden.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Kamala. Is there any proof that she would do any better? Every Paul I've ever saying says she's less popular than Biden.
Speaker 8: There's no evidence about whatsoever.
Speaker 10: And I think there's a fair amount of evidence to the contrary. She right now, according to the latest poll, is doing a little better in a hypothetical matchup against Joe Biden than Biden, in a matchup against Donald Trump than Biden is. However, her numbers will fall precipitously. They will fall like that. As soon as they say she's the new nominee. The Republicans will unleash a.
Speaker 8: Flurry of ads.
Speaker 10: And unlike what the Democrats said were chief fakes, they don't have to cheap fake anything.
Speaker 8: By the way, they weren't cheap fakes. They were real.
Speaker 10: All of Biden's infirm moments. They just have to keep showing Kamala Harris.
Speaker 8: Just show her.
Speaker 10: She doesn't have to be stumbling, she doesn't have to be falling down like Joe Biden. Just show her show we're laughing, Show her attempts at humor, Show her attempts to instruct us about space, about Ukraine, about being unburdened by what has been, by what can be, which is about said about forty times a day every time she's trying to inspire us. She is not an inspirational leader. She knows about as much as this pen on most of our history, and no one wants to spend any more time with her, so her numbers will fall, and they will fall fast.
Speaker 8: And the Democrats know this.
Speaker 10: They have to pretend that they're considering her because the biggest voting block of the Democrat Party is black women. They can't tell those people they're turfing the black woman who they put into the office because she's black and a woman. How's that going to go?
Speaker 1: Your Ruckstot, thank you so much, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Great to see you.