Speaker 1: Quick get in the morning every day. Adelaide, Well, you wouldn't believe it's Kelly. Terrence Park absolutely cleaned up taitan in five.
Speaker 2: K Kelly from Rrence Park. Guess what does what? You won Tata in five k?
Speaker 1: God, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's so excited. I was hoping that I would win and I was just my fingers crossed and I can't believe I was. I'm taking Mom. She's a huge tailor Swish as well, and she tried so hard to get tickets for us both and she deserves it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she does.
Speaker 2: Anyone who takes the Mum anywhere. I am all about I love that for Kelly, and she shouted so loud that her Apple watch said he you've exceeded nine decipals. If you keep doing that, you're going to go deaf.
Speaker 1: She almost left her tonsils in the phone. Outrageous stuff. We kicked it up a gear though. Joe's Tata a day.
Speaker 2: So next week, if you're not across the news, we are giving away Taylor Swift tickets, flights, accommodation, aerostour in Melbourne every single day, eight thirty every single day, every single day, every single day. Okay, listening is every single day. Jody and Hazy, Sat and five K. This is Taylor Swift on Nobood no one name.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just took myself up to a little heart machine before. I'm running at two hundred and thirty beats per minute. I haven't been this nervous and it hasn't beat it that hard since I asked my wife to nament.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yes God, and then she said no, and your heart rate dropped significantly. Brack Yeah, like that moment in the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: You know, a particular moment where Ralph Wigian gets his heart absolutely destroyed. Tate and five K, we have come to a thrilling conclusion. Flights Accommodation. You your best friend in Melbourne seeing the one, the only Taylor Swift yeap with a casual five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: We have been building up to this all morning and this, my little friend, is the moment.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So should we take a call. Let's go to Kelly from Terrence Park. Hey, Kelly, how are you doing? Hi? I'm good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: Happy Friday?
Speaker 4: Care?
Speaker 5: Happy Friday?
Speaker 2: How'd you get on air? Was it with us or it was with you?
Speaker 5: During the afternoons.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, so it wasn't with us.
Speaker 1: That's very interesting.
Speaker 2: That's sad.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Kelly somewhat of a Taylor Swift fan. What are we talking here?
Speaker 5: I'm a huge Tailors fan, a massive Tailors was fan. I've loved her since the dout. I've tried my hardest to get tickets and I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: Okay, got those friendship bracelets? Things going on or what? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I started making them justin and the anticipation, just in case I get to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, one more question for you? What number is Travis Kelcey Kansas City check? Whoa? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, okay, Well Kelly from Terrence Park, guess what else? What? You've won five K? What's happening? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Oh Kelly, are you there?
Speaker 3: I'm there, sorry, Kelly.
Speaker 6: You okay, thank you, You're so welcome.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Aw the phone is genuinely cutting out because if I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 5: My god?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: That's so excited, Kelly.
Speaker 2: Did you did you think you were going to win?
Speaker 3: I was hoping that I would win, and I was just my fingers crossed and I can't believe I was. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: You absolutely deserve this. Now, Kelly, have you worked out exactly who's going to go with you?
Speaker 5: I'm taking Mom?
Speaker 1: Oh cute, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm taking Mom.
Speaker 5: She's with a huge pastor fan as well, and she tried so hard to get tickets for us both and she deserves it.
Speaker 1: Oh beautiful.
Speaker 2: So how many hours do you did you spend on the computer? Do you reckon? Oh?
Speaker 5: I have spent hours going on to marketplace and then probably like six hours seven hours in a queue both times to get the tickets. So this is a dream.
Speaker 1: Oh this is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, you scream so loudly that the phone cut out? What did your Apple watch just say to you?
Speaker 5: My Apple? What told me it was about ninety The wall knew this way for thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 5: I probably scared my neighbors as well.
Speaker 2: Oh so we were like, what's happened to the phone. It's just gone silent? But you dreamed so loud it cut out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got to save my voice fend Taylor.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, have you told your mom?
Speaker 5: I haven't told her yet. I'm waiting and I'm going to be so excited to tell her.
Speaker 2: Where is she? Now? You going to call her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's at work. I'm going to call her.
Speaker 1: This is beautiful.
Speaker 5: She's waiting for the call.
Speaker 2: So excited.
Speaker 1: Wore flask accommodation with your mom in Melbourne and also five thousand dollars killing You might spin that on.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm definitely taking mom's fancy in a possible and some Taylor Swift nerds for the both of us, and maybe a little bit more Tailor siftmerts and maybe a little shopping free in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: How nice?
Speaker 2: Can I highly recommend chingin in Melbourne make a booking life very difficult to get in.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it will be this weekend as well.
Speaker 2: Babes. Well done, congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Taylor Swep.
Speaker 2: Oh so good. Can you please please please send us some pics?
Speaker 5: Yes, for sure, I'll have you in all my Instagram posts. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: I'll give you. I'll give you Hazy's mobile numbers.
Speaker 1: Have your photo at the Tailor Swift concert every four to five seconds.
Speaker 5: What done.
Speaker 2: We are so happy for you. Well done. Your perseverance, perseverance has paid off. Congratulations, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank You've made me the happiest girl. Alive.
Speaker 2: That's has never heard that before.
Speaker 1: So foreign to me. It's what he feels like to make someone happy. Okay, that was really nice. So are you saying to me Joe's that we could potentially up that next week with Tyler Swift.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: Of course, this is outrageous.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: So take me through this because what we just did with Kelly was absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was outrageous. This is even outrageousness, so outrageous her. Yeah. So if you thought Titan in five k was massive, next week we're going to be giving away tickets to see Taylor Swift live in Melbourne. Turn that down. Every single day.
Speaker 1: You're hitting them every single day.
Speaker 2: Every single day. We're talking tickets, flights, accommodation for you and your bestie, all sorted. Your chance when you wait to tayte every single day right here, Jody and Hazy, No over nine one nine.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is really really good. It's to yourself on the stand by list. Yes, do you know what should we do this today? Like just after nine o'clock, should you keep it to lock to over nine one to get yourself on the stand by this first opportunities No, it's just.
Speaker 2: Every month, like next week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at eight thirty, we will be announcing a winner every day.
Speaker 1: A very s you are, so just let me see about this because I'm not sure if it's actually real. A Taylor Swift winner every single day. That's what I We're not building up to one winner everyday.
Speaker 2: There's what you're waking up to.
Speaker 1: Adelaide news today, breaking news, what's the news today? Snooze news.
Speaker 2: It has to be said, it's been a bit of a horror twenty four hours in Adelaide, South Australia. I don't really want to touch on that stuff because it is Friday and it is incredibly sad. So we're just going to go to Abbey in the newsroom. Who's going to talk grocery prices.
Speaker 7: We are going to talk grocery prices this morning. As we know, there's been a few inquiries and there's also one being led by the A Triple C into price gouging across supermarkets, energy companies, things like that. South Australia are actually going to have a new parliamentary inquiry now because our food prices have actually increased sixteen percent in the past three years, and that's higher than any other capital city. Also, a few weeks ago, farmers were basically saying supermarkets need to They were paying them under a dollar a kilo for their produce, so they were basically saying, if you don't up this and you're making record profits, we're going to have to walk away from our businesses, which is really really concerning.
Speaker 2: Can I just highly encourage everyone, And I know it's a pain because it's easier at the supermarket to grab at the big supermarkets to grab your fruit and veg. Please please please go to your local fruit and veg, your local one who grow it here. It is so much better. You pay about the same price and you are supporting local farmers half the time. Sometimes I find it cheaper. But it also just lasts longer.
Speaker 7: You're not you're not on the second or third day throwing things out because it's gone gross in the fridge. So yeah, I hopefully will start see if food prices come down. Obviously with cost of living, it's a mess at the moment.
Speaker 2: So with butchers too, Sorry I'm on my high holes now. Don't go past your local butcher to get your meat from the supermarket.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's the high horse. Beautiful big fellow, isn't he look at that sorough bread?
Speaker 2: But yes, for the use of the horse sound effect usually means something vastly different.
Speaker 1: Definitely woke me up.
Speaker 2: That's just.
Speaker 1: Having a good time.
Speaker 7: But yes, butcher's the meat quality as well goes to Brighton, I think, and just amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also the nicest people on the planet, but I don't know that they're different.
Speaker 1: Breed, very positive, are so happy, you know, because of the iron, great iron. That's what you're getting meat. That's it. What if you're lower iron, you feel absolutely awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, it doesn't anyway, this does okay, a lot of.
Speaker 1: Iron meat, all right, Okay, Susie. A bit of port Adelaide news today. We will find out who is going to be elected onto the board between two port Adelaide legends, and that is Warren tread Ray v my very good friend Bruce Abnethy. Y. So we'll probably find out mid after and I don't think David Kosh is going to hold a press conference around about three o'clock. But this is a bit of an unusual situation because rarely do you see two absolute legends of one football club battling for one spot. It's a really strange sort of spot that these folks find themselves in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a different scenario, isn't it. Yeah, So who votes members?
Speaker 1: The members? Yes, yes, so you're voting away. No, I'm not a member, so I can't really vote.
Speaker 2: We can't really be a member anyway, because you're a member of the media and you're supposed to be impartial, particularly.
Speaker 1: When you're reporting on You just wouldn't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, isn't that a glimpse into your moral compass.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that you can. There's no hard and fast rule that you can't be a member of football club, but you just wouldn't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: You keep it quiet.
Speaker 1: Who are you a member of Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: Sons, the Adelaide Thunderbirds, Thank you all the thunders that's right, I'm a proud, paid up member.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fierce together. It's what we've always said, Fierce together.
Speaker 2: You've always said that.
Speaker 1: You've always said that.
Speaker 2: Susie, change the pace and talk Blink one eight too. They are Yes, I.
Speaker 1: Will turn the lighter Jerry me good stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh this takes me back to being an eightsty thirteen year old. Yeah, rocking out your.
Speaker 1: Bedroom, the weight of the world on your shoulder.
Speaker 2: I can't find that hard to believe that Abby had attitude when she was fine, never sunshine. Full kudos to your parents because raising you as a teenager wouldn't have been easy.
Speaker 7: It wasn't good.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good. I'm surprised I wasn't booted out, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I just hope think one too. I've still got it and by reports are absolutely killing it still. Yeah right, they got so many good songs. Yeah, one of the great bands of our generation.
Speaker 2: It is sold out on Sunday. So if you were looking to go bad luck too late. And Travis Barker says on Twitter or x whatever it's called. Now feels like I'm going back in time. I haven't been to Australia in nineteen years because of my fear of flying after my accident. I'm back.
Speaker 1: He's back, so cool. Trav and his wife will be in town as well.
Speaker 2: Kim Kardashian, No, it's not, Kim. Don't roll your eyes at me, Courtney Kardashian. Barker not will be.
Speaker 7: She's in Sydney. She's been spotted walking around licking on ice cream.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean she'll come to Adelaide, I know, but I'm just saying she might. She might.
Speaker 1: She might be just sort of cruising around the entertainment center as well. We just look pop past the eighty Daily. There she's at your front bar. She's completely lost on port Row. She's just having a beverage that the landa promised. And you're like, how, no, don't go there, Courtney.
Speaker 2: You might see one of your sister's topless.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: I was surfing the web yesterday Jod's, and I got sidetracked by something which could be considered work. Could you believe it? Crazy?
Speaker 2: Am I? Right?
Speaker 1: So what about this, Sam? When you what's what's the shortest amount of time that you've ever checked in at a hotel for WHOA?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is it less like less than a night?
Speaker 2: No? No, never a daytime visit?
Speaker 1: Just never for like a few hours?
Speaker 2: No? Right?
Speaker 1: That seems unbelievably odd, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: But the only time it's ever happened is like if you're in Bali or something and you've got a late flight and they let you sort of check in for a day so you can take the family. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, so you can wait there, yeah, instead of waiting at the airport.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, nothing sinister though.
Speaker 1: Knock back a couple of bin tanks where you nurse that ridiculously sunburnt chest of yours. Oh my gosh, why do I think I could take on the Barley sun?
Speaker 2: And why did you think you could take on my chest?
Speaker 1: Who told you it was a good idea to wear a Reddi bull single.
Speaker 2: It I've come back with an outline of a bull.
Speaker 1: So Barley. The Park Royal in Melbourne Airport is bringing back hourly days for travelers looking to have a nap before a long layover or a delayed flight. You can buy an hour's worth of accommodation.
Speaker 2: Okay, so do his nap in inverted commas here.
Speaker 1: I I know that's exactly what I was thinking. We're not the dirty birds, they're the dirty birds. Yes, So I just wonder, I just wonder if there's any funny business going.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's good. You think that's I think it's a good assumption to make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because sometimes what are you going to achieve in an hour? And what do you need to do business wise? In terms of your employment? What can you achieve in one hour?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, it's a good point.
Speaker 1: Who needs a one hour nap? That's not enough? Makes you think that as well? Like some other little examples where you go, is there something a little bit more sinister at play? Like, for example, private browsing on Internet? I mean, I dare say, is it anyone who's using it for things other than maybe doing your online banking? Also that little tied massage pile that's just near your house that for some reason is open at three am? I mean, who's getting a deep massage on their hamstrings at three am? Could there be something else at play?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, this is very cynical of you, though, well, just very cynical, class half empty to consider that there might be other things going on in that massage pile.
Speaker 1: Who knows who? I don't know what goes on because I've never been into these massage piles. I just wonder if there is a little bit more to the story. Okay, do you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wonder if you were to check into the park role at the Melbourne Airport, what are you doing with the other fifty eight minutes and thirty four seconds.
Speaker 1: Embarrassing walk he can I be refunded for fifty eight minutes please? I'm refreshed.
Speaker 2: The Diary, for the uninitiated, is an opportunity for me to sit down and pen everything that's happened this week and my thoughts and feelings and emotions surrounding it.
Speaker 1: That's such a that's such an incorrect way to describe the diary. It is a genuine opportunity for you to take the absolute pi double five it everyone around you and just really vent.
Speaker 2: Use me very much. Unless you've got the journal and the pen. You have no right to judge the diary. You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not good at writing stuff, Okay, I'm not good at expressing my feelings. Okay, okay, how dore you try and tap into that space?
Speaker 2: So don't have a go at me when I try and do it?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, my eyes leaking, all right.
Speaker 2: The theme of this week's diary is bad Boys. Dear Diary. Well, everyone was on each this week, so I thought a tribute to all the bad guys out there slighing was in order. Take it away, young man from Australian idol, do yourself, girl, like your lough gage just can get love gageous.
Speaker 1: Always a love guy on the bad side.
Speaker 2: Make your mom sad sack, make you mad sack the dad site. I'm a bed god dude. Even Mummy Marsha was mad any good person. I just allow me just one opportunity. We were just hanging over Hush. I submitted my audition. I can feel the Russia, and Mummy Marsha had some solid feedback Hush. And you know who else was Mummy Marsha mad Tanya who called in to give us a few musings about products that simply do not work. Good morning, Tenure, what's you what?
Speaker 1: The fork minds a small item.
Speaker 5: A lot of people have felt dis taste showers pray that are supposed to remove the gum.
Speaker 1: I always end up on my knees scrubbing. I pay the money so I don't have to do. Yes, spot On doesn't work.
Speaker 4: I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'm done, killed me.
Speaker 5: Why do they sell it all?
Speaker 4: Startlant work?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: False advertising? Goodness me? And you know who else is? Mummy Marsha mad horses everywhere for consistently being compared to hazy like it's a common mistake that people make putting their bathing suit on backwards. It's just really awkward when you do it. It's all the time, the love of God, hazy switch it.
Speaker 6: Around and I hope on the other way, and I finally fits at the front seriously tow up going on.
Speaker 2: Well asked the question what age do you have to stop checking your kid's phone? And Horse had some advice for all the young stallions out there.
Speaker 1: There's definitely a key message and all this, I think, and two very very key words, private browsing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Dania.
Speaker 1: I actually continued praying the whole problem in the shower at some stage, praying that.
Speaker 6: Maybe the time it's going to work, Yeah, which is clearly the definition of in Sandy doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
Speaker 1: But you're like, I'm just gonna pull through this.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, can you wrap it up again?
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're doing for me.
Speaker 5: I've been fifteen one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm with you. I just have to interrupt you there. I feel you're paying. I've been trying to get rid of the scum around here for a long.
Speaker 1: What you've been spraying me with?
Speaker 2: That is it? Well, that's it for the week. Looking forward to Monday giving us a good old fashioned spanking.
Speaker 1: Really got to be firm with Monday, don't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: Don't give it an inch otherwise it'll come up behind you and slap you on the buttocks and you don't want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you go, hey, Monday, do it again.
Speaker 1: You're whoa And then you really throw it on its head. It's like, Okay, I'm going to go the other way.
Speaker 2: Nice move there, jokes, and just let us know if there's anything we can do for you this weekend. Didn't We have a similar thing with Peter Mellenowski when he was leaving.
Speaker 1: He said something on the lines of if there's anything you guys can do for me, let me know, and then he goes, wait, wait, wait, wait, no, no, just reverse.
Speaker 2: Anything we can do for you talking about you know that sounds pretty good. So to all the nasty dudes, Mummy, mad Marshes, thick kisses to you.
Speaker 1: All, Genevieve and I'm just gonna lean over there and here you go off.
Speaker 2: This weekend Kings and queens, oh my love, Jody, Jesus Christ, every product and I'm so outraged. So gen Z are making fun of millennials who still use wallets. I've got a How very dare they?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But how do they carry their stuff?
Speaker 5: A right?
Speaker 1: If they're not using water?
Speaker 2: It's all on their phone now it's all electronic. And can I tell you as a woman who lost their physical debit card. It got swallowed up by an ATM in Bangkok and then b changed their phone over so my apple CA couldn't walk work anymore. Guess what I've got? No cash?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No cash here?
Speaker 2: If you put all your money on your phone? What happens when you don't have your phone? You are cooked? So jokes on their, mandra Hayes.
Speaker 1: Jokes on them. Their absolute life is perfectly trapped inside a small phone. I know, so what a wallet sales? Potentially going down there? I remember having the billibong strapped?
Speaker 2: Was that billibong? Or rip curl? If you've got one of those for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Whall? I'll take it up? And not I had a mambo? Did you strapped together? Wallett? And I was the king?
Speaker 2: You were the king?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Come on, let's just have a little trip down memory lane and talk about the things that gen Z will never understand. And this stuff is going to blow their little minds. I've done a top five. Do you want to hear it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, please?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Number five. Back in the day, if you wanted to order a pizza, guess what, guys, you had to look it up in the phone book, like scroll through hundreds and hundreds of numbers that are physically written down to find your nearest pizza hut.
Speaker 1: White pages that would be absolutely foreign to some of the You know.
Speaker 2: If you wanted a business, it was the yellow pages. The white pages were your friend's numbers. The yellow Pages was a separate, whole, separate compartment.
Speaker 1: That's why we could never order pizza. We could never find the number.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so sad. No one's delivering to your rural town of Where was it anyway?
Speaker 1: Beckham? So one hundred k is north of Walger So traveling an hour's north? Yeah, not really worth it, is it?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine calling up the pizza going, can you do you deliver to Beckham? Wouldn't have thought, mate.
Speaker 1: Where do you live on a property? Property? One hundred k's north? Or where you are?
Speaker 2: I'm sure number four if you wanted to talk to your boyfriend. So in my case it was Daniel Lane in year nine, you'd have to unwind an extension cord into your room dial up on a phone, and then you'd still have your brother Aaron pick up the other phone and your mum's we make kissing noises, being like yeah, get off.
Speaker 1: The phone, get up. You never knew if somebody else.
Speaker 2: Was listening, yeah, or get off. I need to use the internet, because you couldn't do the two things simultaneously.
Speaker 1: Yes, on the internet as well. The youngsters will never understand just how exciting it was to illegally download things via Napster and then lime wise.
Speaker 2: Okay, mate, I didn't we didn't need to go in that direction.
Speaker 1: And sometimes this is the true story, actually, I think I've told it before, where Mum actually stumbled up on something. It was a video that popped up for a second and I managed to gaslight mum thinking that she'd imagine that. My mom, you're crazy, Like, what are you thinking about that you would think about something like that. Not me, I'm just your wholesome son.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The third thing is if you're in a car and you're in the back seat and your parents are driving, if you wanted to wind the window down, you didn't have the luxury of pushing a button and having it go. You had to physically wind that sucker down with a winder. There's probably some still cars that do it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, they're very very that's a genuine thing.
Speaker 2: But we're mainly doing it manually. So you could suck in some fresh air because your parents are in the front of the car.
Speaker 1: Just gone smoking back on a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in the backseat like.
Speaker 1: You just had twenty ers as well, but it's okay, we're taking the backstreets home. It was a different time, Jose. It was a different time.
Speaker 2: Number two videos and cartoons. If you wanted to watch one of your favorite movies, you'd have to go to a Blockbuster on a Friday night with your parents and choose it out and physically get a VHS and take it home and watch it.
Speaker 1: That's quite the event, though, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Also cartoons, there was no streaming, so if you, for example, wanted to watch your favorite show, which back in the back in the day was Beverly Hills nine one two one I once a.
Speaker 1: Week it was on Luke Perry, What a Heart's rob in My Eyes? Where I think for most people and the other characters didn't exist. It's just Luke Perry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was Brenda Brandon. I'm trying to think of the other one who was the blondie. I can't remember any I had a good Perry all your favorite cartoons that were only on a Saturday morning, weren't they?
Speaker 1: A Garfield Ladies and Settlement, Goldfield and Friends?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What a little trip?
Speaker 2: Was that your favorite?
Speaker 1: That was my favorite? I love Garfield?
Speaker 2: Yeah, otis.
Speaker 1: Remember God's name was Odie. His name is John. But also as well, the greatest show that was ever put together?
Speaker 2: Yes, and this is the number one. There was no Spotify, so if you wanted to hear your number one song for the week, you had to hot wait until a Saturday morning for this.
Speaker 1: Hello child, your your, your, yourself and yourself and your rage. It's pretty It was quite risky, wasn't it was?
Speaker 2: But did you have guessing games with his siblings about who'd be number one?
Speaker 4: That way?
Speaker 1: I remember when DJ Jazzy, Jeff and Will Smith went to number one for Boom Shake the Room, and it was a genuine celebration. It's ridiculous, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And Hayes House was so excited until they realized we're not getting a pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also a rage came on about four or five in the morning. If you got up at sort of twelve o'clock in the morning and you've done the little bit of a post midnight SBS session, you sitting there and you're like, I've seen some stuff. Oh boy, I should have seen that. What have I actually always said from day dot? What have I always said?
Speaker 2: Ah, you're crazy girl.
Speaker 1: I have said that, you're crazy girl. I've said this. Joe's in Belgium. They're on the right track when it comes to hairdressing. So true, absolutely on the right, that's right right this the Federation of Belgian Hairdressers FEBLE hair Chris's party in Februare is calling on its members to charge customers per minute, regardless of their gender. This is something which it apps absolutely blows my mind. So look at my haircut and looks first of all, admire my haircut and then tell me how much reckon I pay for it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I admire about it. Your hairdresser is very adept at cutting around the large forehead.
Speaker 1: I thought you say something, Oh, I don't let it. He shouldn't be charging you more than thirty bucks. Otherwise he's charging you more than pert rand all that kind of stuff. I don't need that.
Speaker 7: You walked in there and when I used to be on sen and they went, all right, we won't charge you a little contry deal.
Speaker 1: That doesn't work anywhere. It does not work anywhere, not even for cane, not even for game. Thirty five bucks, right, thirty five bucks, And that's the most that I'll pay for a gorgeous haircut like this.
Speaker 2: So honestly, that makes me want to cry for any woman who's ever been to any hairdresser ever, let alone something that involved dye and coloring your hair. Thirty five dollars is a tree.
Speaker 1: Go on, let's go around the room. How much I don't want to give us a ballpark?
Speaker 2: Then it's plus three hundred?
Speaker 1: What kidding very much? Plus three hundred? Were talking pastos or repair?
Speaker 2: No, but I think it's a blonde f you're a bond Yeah, am I right?
Speaker 1: It's a blonde thing that you'd be dumb enough to pay for goodness sake, give me for my hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's every time I pay for it, I feel sick to the stomach because it is so exorbitantly priced. Wow, you get a free hand mass sides.
Speaker 1: Though, fantastic, that's good news. Your beautiful hair cut.
Speaker 2: It's not beautiful, suit, it's gross. I don't want to say, but hopefully mom and dad aren't listening. Okay, So the last place I love a woman in a mid there. Don't hear how much I paid for my haircut? Okay, so one of them.
Speaker 7: So when I left Brisbane a full head of foils cut. And when I used to have hair extensions, like proper tape hair extensions back in the day, because that's what you did when you're in your twenties, and I was earning way too much money, over a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, it's so bad. I would be living in three houses now if I hadn't.
Speaker 4: Have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you get produced a glowy over here who has the thickest hair of all time and complains about it all the time. And yet here we are getting hair extensions to make our hair. My hair is obnoxiously thick. But I had my first hair on a long, long time a couple of weeks ago, and it's for just a cut and blow dry one hundred and thirty dollars. Wow, that sounds completely reasonable.
Speaker 1: I was happy with that. I walked away going, oh win, let's squash the gender gap. Let's pay per minutes.
Speaker 2: See my issue is I'm there for like three hours. So if it's a.
Speaker 1: Dooint, that's good, that's good. You still save about six hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: I don't pay that anymore. But yeah, let's work that out. If we're there for like three hours and he's there for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: It's even te prefer you again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Can I just say something? Can I just say something? And I'll say this respectfully with all due respect. Yeah, guys, aren't that good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have got.
Speaker 6: Fridays?
Speaker 1: It's the beautiful, always blowing Ryan Fitzgerald, good morning to you. If it's how good? Has it been given away? Tylor Swift? Tickets like it?
Speaker 4: Just to hear the emotion in people's voices, and there's we've had crying people crying, just melting on the phone, jades.
Speaker 1: It's been out of control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so nice, like you're literally making these people's lifetimes. It's unbelievable. And speaking of which did you speak to Pink this week? Yeah?
Speaker 4: How's this from? Got a text message last night from because she doesn't really need to promote the tour anymore, Jude. So she's on she's up doing sound check last night and she's she said to the record company, actually, I'm really excited about the tour kicking off in Australia tomorrow and I I wouldn't mind talking to a couple of radio stations. So Nova gets the call and they're like, FITZI, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 4: And I said, oh, I'm just about Lenny's gun for a serf Hugh. He's about to go down to footage trainer now at the Cockle Divers And they said, can you jump into the studio quickly and have a chat to Pink? I said, yea, sweet, no worries, had a quick shower, jumped to the studio and had.
Speaker 1: A chat to Pink for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: That he's outrageous.
Speaker 1: Who's on the phone. It's Alisha a Lisha who oh yeah, I know you you're famous.
Speaker 4: No, but see the last time we were faced to think was ten years ago, right, And she's we've worked it out in two thousand and nine, the Fun House Tour, she did fifty four shows in Australia. Twenty thirteen she did forty two shows, and this tour she's doing twenty. She's done over one hundred shows in Australia alone.
Speaker 2: I said to her, have you've bought an investment? Probably like you have you got a house in Australia.
Speaker 4: And she goes, you know what, carry And I haven't bought one yet, But we talk about all the time when the kids leave home and we're older, that will come back to Australia and spend a few years here. They love it that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you about say fifty, she's gone from fifty to forty, what to twenty? She's just getting a tad lazy.
Speaker 4: Well you know what it's like, Well, it's like your footy career. See, the body just doesn't pull up anymore.
Speaker 5: It does it.
Speaker 2: I saw some of the chat fifty and she was basically just talking about a kid, saying the eldest one wants to be a trauma surgeon and the youngest is just like, we'll probably end up going to.
Speaker 4: She said, he will be a DJ in Las Vegas, US. I said, that's exactly the same as my second child as well. Lenny's the same. He'll be He'll be pouring beers down at the Colonades tab it and just kicking crew out. I think that'll be his job, but no, it is. It's up on our podcast right now, get a little plug in.
Speaker 1: Thanks for that, guys, that's nice if it's before we let you go. We spoke earlier this morning about there's a genuine huge gender pay gap when it comes to men and women in haircuts, and we thought who better to speak to about haircuts than the great Rye Fitzgeral. What we wanted to know was that particular moment where we went, ah, yeah, it's time to start shaving the head. And before then, how much were you paying for a job?
Speaker 4: It's well, I was only yeah, you're right. Well I held on for a very long time, hazy. And my advice to you, if you're starting to lose it, don't do it because combovers Jade's was that was that was.
Speaker 1: Some of the worst years of my life.
Speaker 4: Because you know, when you walk past the car, they you see your reflection in the mirror or in the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'd just be there. I would be there for five.
Speaker 4: Minutes trying to get it perfectly, just coming to one side the worst days of my life. But once you shave it, it is the best. And it costs around about Hazy, it's still twenty bucks to get your head shaved at the hairdressers. It's still still quite expensive.
Speaker 2: But yeah, twenty dollars? Are you joking? Well? Do you know how much your wife spins.
Speaker 1: On her hair where you get your head shaved out?
Speaker 2: Do you know how much bj spins on her haircuts and colors and all that sort of stuff or does she hide that from me?
Speaker 1: I don't dare to ask, Jody, I don't dare to ask.
Speaker 4: What do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Well, we did a quick poll around the room. We swing from anywhere between one hundred and six hundred dollars to get your hair done.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, isn't it?
Speaker 2: One hundred bucks? And then Hazy pointed out that none of us have very nice hair anyway, so why are we spending so much money?
Speaker 1: But I said before, I said that with all due respect, so it was fine.
Speaker 4: Well, bon Jovi wrote a great song about it. You gotta hold on with what you got, doesn't make a difference. If your laser or not. Yeah, and that's the lot. Let's give it a shot.
Speaker 2: We're living with that hair.
Speaker 1: That's a great song. Oh we love you, Vincy. You will catch up with you next week. Love you too, Guys, speak to you.
Speaker 4: Then we're going back in ties on this daisy in time.
Speaker 1: About the day and other door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perk up, okay, bringing the vibe. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, let's get excited. Let's have a little trips, shall we down remember lane For the ninth of February nineteen ninety one, the Simpsons made its debut, and I.
Speaker 2: Was he telling them, wasn't your universe complete when that happened?
Speaker 1: And what about as well? When you go back to nineteen ninety one and you see what the Simpsons was like, Yeah, versus the later years, and it was really boring in the beginnings. It different voices and just not funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, I never thought you'd sledge the Simpsons. I never thought i'd see the day. Yeah, we'll do yourself a favor and just do that and you spare time. I definitely won't do that YouTube the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: No, thank you, that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm only.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight to do that. Two thousand and five Google Maps, so web mapping service developed by Google was launched. I can't imagine not being able to use Google Maps and stuff on your phone. Remember the old sidways and the other ways, the street directories and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gregory's Gregory's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: I married. I married a couple of them.
Speaker 1: You married a street map. Twenty fourteen. Australia is at Chappelle Corby. We love referring to Chappelle like that. Australia is Chappelle Gorby, like we're so proud on the world stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was released on parole after serving nine years in prison, and we all learned a valuable lesson, didn't we What was that? And for goodness sake, when you're carrying your boogie board bag into BALLEI you check the weight. Is it unusually heavy? Yeaheah.
Speaker 2: When she chucked it in the self checking h they wouldn't have had that back then. But when she put it through it was She's like, why is my bag like ten ke loads?
Speaker 1: Yeah strange. I must have got really weak on the flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I must be tired, not but through anyway
Speaker 1: And I want song on February the ninth to nineteen ninety eight was together again by Janet Jackson, Jeane