Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne, Melbourn.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren, start your morning the right way.
Speaker 3: Be great.
Speaker 4: This is Jason Lauren. You're one hundred.
Speaker 3: Welcome morning everybody and hap eparada.
Speaker 5: Good morning Melbourne. Morning boys.
Speaker 3: How are we morning? Morning?
Speaker 4: Clean morning guys.
Speaker 3: I'm fasting today, are you what for?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: My missus is going in for a little day surgery.
Speaker 6: Today, so you're going down in solidarity sympathy fasting.
Speaker 4: You won't last.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm just picking her up from Cabrini Hospital and the cafe there is incredible.
Speaker 5: Actually they do a good roast.
Speaker 4: Do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah they thursdays?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Yeah, I think so. I do it every day.
Speaker 4: Right, you're leaving room. You're not fasting. You're leaving room.
Speaker 3: Fasting time there, No, no, no, honestly, Lozzo, back me up here. One of the nicest restaurants in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I a great Cabrini cafe.
Speaker 6: Shout out trying to get stuff that working there, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Trying to get the tables.
Speaker 6: Ever gone to visit a friend having a new baby and just grubbed a little sausage roll on the way through.
Speaker 4: Oh that sounds good.
Speaker 3: Ever, going to visit a random just to justify why you're there.
Speaker 6: People that have gone to Cabrini Cafe because they've just been.
Speaker 5: Working in the area and they've just gone in for do they take.
Speaker 4: A get well balloon with them just to still look like they blend in.
Speaker 5: Just Trady's walking in the well balloon.
Speaker 3: Remember us feeding Loud the sausage roll as she was giving birth to Arch.
Speaker 6: Well, that's only because you were eating it yourself.
Speaker 5: You pissed off about it? Oh for share?
Speaker 3: Do you want sauce?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: How are we feeling footy tonight?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Footy Bulldogs and Sayers. I'm back to Saint It's a big match for both clubs. Yeah, struggling a little bit.
Speaker 5: I don't know much about either of those.
Speaker 4: Pressure cooker is on beverage in the Doggies. If they don't get a win, he might be right on the under the pump on Monday.
Speaker 6: Isn't it just like so ridiculous when they start firing coaches in like round six?
Speaker 4: Well, the jungle drums have been beating for a while. It is round six, I believe. Yeah, round sick, very good type of things. Yeah, I am Marvel Stadium. How are you tipping. How are your tips going?
Speaker 5: You're in the Herald sign I am.
Speaker 3: Indeed, you can check out the Supercoach tips dot com dot au selections in the Herald Sun every Thursday.
Speaker 4: He's still on the top row.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do do we get papers in here?
Speaker 5: I think we only get on their weekend Friday.
Speaker 4: We've got a digital subscription.
Speaker 3: Can you log into the digital? Can someone flip me that password as well? But can you log in and see how I'm going on the tipping? I think I was doing all right the other week. I was getting my eight year old to help me.
Speaker 4: Who gets the physical paper anymore? I mean, I love the Herald Sun.
Speaker 6: I think my dad, I can Bobby Felis paper kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Yep. Neighbors still get it delivered to do that, yep. I see the guy out there in his little Suzuki Vitara with the very is so much.
Speaker 5: God, it sounds like we're doing a held Sun ad. I'm not.
Speaker 6: There is a lot in that, like if you're in a cafe you're flicking through. There is a lot more in that than online. There's much better stories in that, I think.
Speaker 4: Missing Do you think they cram more into the actual page because.
Speaker 5: There's so much space to fill and there's all those quirky little weeds.
Speaker 4: You can't do your Sodoku online, can you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I think you can, can you?
Speaker 3: Hey? Christian and Petrarca are going to join us a little bit later on in the show. He is going to be talking the Mighty D's just after eight o'clock this morning for us and a pass Hawks player and good friend of yours. Loves he coming up before seven.
Speaker 5: Yes, excited Shane Crawford. I love him.
Speaker 6: He's got a lot on his plate at the moment. He's promoting Mother Say Classic, He's on Dancing with the Stars. His kids are about to turn eighteen, which worries me because Crawf is a man child and how he has a nearly eighteen year old son blows my mind.
Speaker 3: Can him and I would be good on a night out together? How can we get along?
Speaker 5: We'll soon find out what you're a child?
Speaker 4: You'd be mates?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think we'll don't be as immature as each other.
Speaker 6: I do have a habit of working with men who are manchild's, man children.
Speaker 2: Man children, manchilds.
Speaker 4: Yes, Brady, So the results are in from your tips you are currently on thirty two out of what does that mean a lot? But you're only three behind the winner, so you're doing well.
Speaker 5: Wow, dumb luck.
Speaker 3: Look at your faces. We're going to need an order done. Look at the shock on everyone's face.
Speaker 1: Guys, I want to talk celebrity encounters to kick things off this morning. You've both had your fair share, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Well we've had to interview a few.
Speaker 4: Yeah. How do you find yourself in that moment? You do? You sort of panic a little bit with small talk.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I do remember the other day I was locked in the courtroom with David Neats.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, you were too lovely bloke, great.
Speaker 6: But I was coming into but I've known him for years and you were like, oh yeah, well it was so hot and stood in the cool room just for some.
Speaker 5: Context at the pub, Oh yeah, it was a hot day.
Speaker 6: And I think jas thought I was following him into it, and I just let I didn't go in, and Jason was like, oh no, I'm alone with a football player.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I've got a history of being a bit mumbly, fumbly, a bit awkward. I know that you've witnessed this firsthand. But recently I was on.
Speaker 4: A holiday at Wahiki in New Zealand. What a place, Jason Island.
Speaker 6: Oh, I thought you said, why Hiki Island.
Speaker 3: So if you ever go to New Zealand, you got to Auckland. It's a beautiful island. It's about thirty five minutes out from Auckland.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah these days, yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought you just went to Queenstown.
Speaker 3: Now, Auckland's like your big city. But Wahiki Island thirty five minutes out on a ferry, and there's about forty different wineries.
Speaker 1: And speaking of which we were at, I think a place you recommended, mud Brick, great spot.
Speaker 4: So we've got the ferry over. We'd had a few on.
Speaker 3: The fairry okay scene and that's great, isn't it?
Speaker 4: A few on arrival a few he got to the.
Speaker 5: Winery holiday clean.
Speaker 1: I was a little bit I was a little bit o t t if it over the top, sun was shining, it was a beautiful day. As it turns out, this bloke was holiday, not so much holiday. He was working on Wahiki at the same time.
Speaker 4: Nobody. I came because I had no choice, and the people that I loved. That is the heart throb. That is Jason Mamu. That is Aquaman ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: He was He was a waiter at mud Brick.
Speaker 4: He wasn't a way. He was enjoying the day with his mates, but as.
Speaker 5: A top I couldn't miss him either.
Speaker 1: That the hair was out, that you know, the guns were out. He was just he was loving life. But he was also the people knew he was there. There was stairs whenever he went to the toilet, the photos, all that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: So we were like, let's play cool.
Speaker 1: We don't want to we don't want to be those those people, right, So we just sat back, and I think he really appreciated the fact that we sat back, so not that he actually came up to me and to my mates because we were we were getting we're actually getting yourselfie at the time. So he offered to take the photo for us. Right, I'm like, oh, that'd be awesome, can you please?
Speaker 4: And I'm like it's man, he's taking Jesus aware again, I'm just going to preface this. We've had a few, right, so take the photo. Small talk ensues. We're like, so what do you mean?
Speaker 1: What have you been doing here. I'm shooting a movie. I'm like, oh, yeah, of course you are, of course you are. It's a hot day, right, it's hot, and we'd planned to go for a swim at the beach afterwards. I said, I mean you should come for a swim with us, I mean your aquaman.
Speaker 5: Don't Oh no, Oh, you've gone so far.
Speaker 3: Did you say that?
Speaker 4: Said?
Speaker 5: Do you want to come for a swim with us?
Speaker 3: You're equiman, We're going for a swim.
Speaker 4: I mean you should come for a swim with us. I mean you're aquament.
Speaker 5: Oh god, you've gone from pretending you didn't know who.
Speaker 1: Was from being the coolest unaffected people in the place to.
Speaker 6: To be fair, he started it when he came and said, lads want me to take a What did he mate?
Speaker 4: He didn't say anything. He grabbed his glass of red wine, turned around and went back to his mates. Why do I do it?
Speaker 5: Also? Can I say something? Have you seen what he looks like? Togs? I would not be wanting to get I.
Speaker 3: Think you'd want to be because you get jealous the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you think I'll measure up pretty well against.
Speaker 3: Maybe to his left thigh, but that would be about idiot, I am Why do I do it?
Speaker 5: You know why?
Speaker 6: The people you panic when you just say things when you're around people like that, What were you going to say?
Speaker 4: Got no idea?
Speaker 5: The beach is amazing. You should go check it out.
Speaker 4: That would better.
Speaker 5: No, not with us. Just send him on his merry way, like tourist.
Speaker 3: Nine hundred drinks on the ferry had something to do.
Speaker 4: With j So it's just sampling the local product.
Speaker 5: Reach Dutch courage.
Speaker 3: Thursday footy tonight.
Speaker 6: Thursday with footy on a Thursday has a bit of a weekend vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Thursday's become my Thursday's become my Friday.
Speaker 6: Ye See, I wasn't into the Thursday footy thing for a while. I was like, oh fuddy, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Sunday, too much footy.
Speaker 5: And now I'm like, oh Thursday, now it for like that weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it works for me.
Speaker 4: I love the footy on a Thursday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got caned into it too.
Speaker 3: My little man, Felix starts his school football this Friday. That's his team called well, it's the like it's the school. Yeah, And they were swapping around jumpers yesterday and he kept swapping till he got forty six Mason Cox number.
Speaker 5: That's what do they get to pick their own number?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, they're trading around yesterday.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so cute that he wanted Mason.
Speaker 3: So runs out on Friday, asked me for some coaching advice.
Speaker 5: So did they?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Does he want to be terrible?
Speaker 4: That's embarrassing, sorry, Nick Multouse.
Speaker 5: Well look at it what Ted Lastow did.
Speaker 1: Okay, he did actually believe touched the sign before they go out.
Speaker 4: You can't coach them.
Speaker 3: We're going to do some mark practice and stuff.
Speaker 6: This happened mark practice Jesus improvement to when he was calling to catch. Okay, boys, it's time for catching practice. Oh my god, Now I'm going to do goal shooting.
Speaker 4: Who's the goalkeeper?
Speaker 5: Come on, my god. That's embarrassing. Yeah, because you weren't sure if you were going to let him play foot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know we're debating, but I'll steam ahead. I've got to go get him my mouth go on.
Speaker 5: Very important.
Speaker 3: You just you just get the cheapest from the chemist. Don't where you put them in hot water and then mold them to.
Speaker 5: Their because I lose them all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was there was the person that would come to school and be like you could actually get them properly molded to get colors. And and then I do it from when I played hockey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, went through a hockey pace.
Speaker 3: Yeah sure, I could see you as a hockey player.
Speaker 5: And they tried to make me the goalie. And I was like this, ain't it for me?
Speaker 4: Out of here? Why were you the goal It's not great with the stick, so let's just patter up.
Speaker 5: I had the same question when I did rolling and they made me the cock.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, And then I just lose my mouth out every week and Mom was like, that's it. We're getting a pharmacy one.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: I've gone the bright green.
Speaker 5: Pharmacy green, lime green.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 3: I'm a sucker for a love story, guys.
Speaker 5: Aren't we all? I love love.
Speaker 4: What's caught your eye?
Speaker 3: This one's a bit of a rock. What's caught your right? Clinton? Every time I look over, your eyes are down. What are you doing over there? Sorry?
Speaker 4: This the soccer is on Champions League?
Speaker 5: Are you watching it on your mobile telephone device?
Speaker 4: A very very intense match.
Speaker 3: What's the score?
Speaker 4: It's one all Champions League? About six minutes?
Speaker 3: Can you give your phone to Loe. You'll get it back at the end of the day. It's the rules and turn it off.
Speaker 5: I haven't cared about soccer since the Matilda's lost.
Speaker 3: You That won't you? Yeah, this loves story is a bit of a roller coaster. One hundred and three year old has passed away.
Speaker 5: Oh that love story.
Speaker 3: Widowing her forty seven year old partner. No, no, sorry, she was one hundred and three, he was forty seven.
Speaker 5: I'll give you, guys, five seconds to do the mats.
Speaker 4: On that fifty five wouldn't No, I'll say yes to something.
Speaker 3: They were together for eleven years. Wow, so this wasn't like an overnight insurance job.
Speaker 6: Well, to be fair, she's one hundred and three, right, so if she signed up at ninety two, I probably did think it wasn't going to go.
Speaker 5: For He probably didn't think she had eleven yearsgo.
Speaker 4: Was like, I don't think I'm going to have to play the long time in America.
Speaker 3: No, this is in Sydney and he's the best. Guys, I haven't even got to the best bit yet. She was previously married to his grandfather.
Speaker 4: No, hang on, no, I need to draw a diagram. Sorry, what again?
Speaker 3: One hundred and three year old was married to a forty seven year old.
Speaker 5: So it was her second husband.
Speaker 3: And her first husband was that guy's grandfather.
Speaker 6: Sorry, that means that she would be his grandmother technically, but not blood so like a step grandfather.
Speaker 5: Yea, So it was a second this is her third marriage.
Speaker 3: No second, that was because if she was, if she.
Speaker 5: Was married to Grandpa, that means that's Nan.
Speaker 4: That's Nan.
Speaker 5: He can't be married to his name, can't. She's one hundred and three. She wasn't stopping.
Speaker 4: You don't know. You don't know.
Speaker 5: I know your shop is shut at one hundred and three. When you're in triple digis you're not throwing a leg over?
Speaker 4: No, well maybe she didn't need to throw the legover.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a hot tip, mate.
Speaker 5: Do you're retire from throwing a leg over at a certain age?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Nursing homes, ah, they love it. Not fleep, Lauren. When the lights go down, baby, the lights go down? Sorry?
Speaker 6: How often are you hanging out at nursing homes watching after lights?
Speaker 4: Now the dark?
Speaker 3: No? God, No, I didn't want to be stooped.
Speaker 4: Stooped, Yeah, nursing homesane.
Speaker 3: Apparently, when the lights go down mate, they move from room to room?
Speaker 6: Wow, how old are people still throw on a leg over? You really think a hundred year olds are still doing it? No, you'd break a hip at that age.
Speaker 3: Only one way to find out, hang on thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 5: When was the last time you did the.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten. Let's find the longest person still throwing the leg over?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the oldest, maybe longest.
Speaker 4: That's a long leg I'd like to enter this conversation. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I reckon people are hanging up there, But thirteen twenty four ten old.
Speaker 3: Surely people would have loved ones in nursing homes and they've heard the stories as.
Speaker 4: Well, those corridors after dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Anyway, this guy was stup in his It can't be right. You've got your facts wrong in that.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you now, it's happening in nursing homes. I've heard stories about like people that have had to go and get their uncle out of other rooms and stuff like change.
Speaker 5: That's maybe because they've got a bit confused and.
Speaker 3: Got lost and just happened to take their clothes off etent.
Speaker 4: Even if you work in a Nursing Home thirty twenty four to ten. I want to hear about it.
Speaker 3: Throwdowns, and the way you said that was like you really wanted all.
Speaker 5: The wo I would say that those like the.
Speaker 3: Gold Nolman thirty twenty four ten. All right, let's hurry through this break and come back and hit the phones. We're talking. How old are you and you're still throw on the leg over? Let me set the scene. Thank you for what a ripping show. You'd be the blanche on this team?
Speaker 4: Were they all in?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Even older, even older?
Speaker 5: I think they were younger thout young older people.
Speaker 8: Really girls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I loved the gold Girl Saturday.
Speaker 3: We're pretty much the Golden Girl.
Speaker 4: So how old is too old?
Speaker 6: There's no such thing as too old? But I think people are retiring from throwing a leg over.
Speaker 5: They're like early.
Speaker 3: Seventeen thirteen twenty fourteen, Clinton and I are trying to give Lauren an eye opener here we think it needs right in nursing homes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ninety plus they're still going for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just wouldn't want to be. Let's go to the phone. Thirteen twenty on the bottom four ten Casey in Mornington, good morning, Good morning, do.
Speaker 5: You have some info? Yeah, what the oldiest are doing?
Speaker 9: Break it to Lauren. But I worked in age care and they definitely enjoy jumping rooms of a.
Speaker 5: Nighte How old are we talking, casey? Oh, look like eighty.
Speaker 9: The younger ones, like seventy years were the most active. We did have people in their eighties.
Speaker 3: Good on them. Yeah, yeah, I mean the only problem is at that age you spend in the night you're too blood exhausted to go back to your room.
Speaker 6: Did you never did like some mornings would you go to just live at breakfast in your back?
Speaker 4: Got to put my teeth back in.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you couldn't be doing that with no tea.
Speaker 9: We had night round. It wasn't really a problem.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten. If you think that's shocking, wait till you hear our next caller.
Speaker 6: We are discussing, and I don't know why we are discussing this, but we are discussing do people retire from doing the deed at a certain age? Jason Clint think no. And sexual activity is rife in nursing home.
Speaker 3: What else are you doing? Tipping points only on half.
Speaker 5: An hour a day and sleeping and you're exhausted.
Speaker 4: Don't think you know what's going in going on? Not in and around Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Did you think you're jealous?
Speaker 5: I reckon in your seventies? He sort of hanging up the.
Speaker 3: Boots Emma and Taylor's lake. Sah, what inf have you got on this subject?
Speaker 10: Okay? Pop ninety six? Him and his partner she fell off the bed. No, and that's how they got caught. And it was a nightly ritual. Apparently not.
Speaker 5: It keeps him up ninety six.
Speaker 10: Yep, So okay, yeah, she was fine, she was fine.
Speaker 5: How old was she?
Speaker 10: She was in her late seventies.
Speaker 6: Pops still got it. So were they living together or they're in a nursing No.
Speaker 10: No, they were in a nursing home and she she was his partner and kept popping in Emma.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it's sweet. I think you should be loved.
Speaker 1: When you guys found out about this, were you encouraging of it or did you try and put a stop to it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: No, no, just let him go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's ninety six. You can't be you can't be putting.
Speaker 3: A stop to stop to it.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking the question. I'm encouraging it.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Nikki, who is a pathologist. How do you know?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 10: So I used to be a pathology collector and we would go to retire at homes to take blood and you know, for the residents there, and it was not uncommon for one of those tests to be testing for syphilis. I remember the first time I saw that on the referral and I was like, ladies worker, why, Like I don't get it, Like that can't be right. I mean people at that age are not having She's like, honestly, it's like an orgy around here.
Speaker 4: Oh oh about a seven years. It's a ninety six year witch.
Speaker 3: I'm going to need my pills early today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what what pills do you reckon?
Speaker 4: They?
Speaker 5: I'm in the in the dispensary, little blue pills.
Speaker 3: You'd hear them rattling. Let's go to Debbie Morning, Debbie morning. All right, dear, what proof have you got that they're still throwing the leg over past eighty?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 9: I used to work a.
Speaker 11: Few years ago as an escort. Yes, and so I used to have a lovely gentleman that his son used to pick him up from the retirement village. Make him the bookling, give him the little envelope of money.
Speaker 9: And drop him off and wait from out the front.
Speaker 5: How was he was well.
Speaker 11: And truly into his seventies.
Speaker 3: Yet Yeah, what a sun?
Speaker 4: So the sun was piping.
Speaker 11: Amazed, it was, it was amazing. He was the most beautiful old man and he was just he'd been widowed, so he still had that urge. And his son realized that, Yes, oh my, what a.
Speaker 3: Good father son relationship.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's great. How much energy did the seven.
Speaker 3: Year old have?
Speaker 5: Surprisingly, it's not a great deal, so he couldn't do it for young bucks.
Speaker 3: He probably had more energy and clean after a belly full of beers. It's on a Saturday night, to be honest.
Speaker 11: His enthusiasm was definitely there, his appreciation was definitely there. And yeah, look he enjoyed it for long enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's all kinds of things going on out in the wild wild west.
Speaker 3: Of the I think you live a very sheltered life, old Philip.
Speaker 4: He enjoyed it for long enough.
Speaker 5: The old the old bulls still got it.
Speaker 3: A sun be bloody extra ten minutes, A sweet good God. I hit a drive through on the way home.
Speaker 4: It was wild.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 3: God, I love the people. I love the people that listen to this show. We've got them all.
Speaker 5: The oldies is still doing it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they're doing it more than us pologists.
Speaker 5: Yes, CD it is. That's mind blowing.
Speaker 3: You just go on six Brass Rember.
Speaker 6: By the way, shout out to the oldies out there who might just be walking back to their little rooms this morning.
Speaker 5: That on you.
Speaker 3: Laurence said, good on you. Did I hear you say driverless trucks?
Speaker 4: Driver less trucks?
Speaker 7: Jason's right, that is it happening now ten o'clock tonight to five am tomorrow. I don't like that they do have a driver in them, just in case something goes amiss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that rattle. So went on the Monash and like main frequent major thoroughpis. Yeah, don't you think we should try cars rather than giant trucks first?
Speaker 5: It's a bit scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I won't be on the roads tonight.
Speaker 1: Nora.
Speaker 5: That's a Nora from me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: Remember that test, didn't they do?
Speaker 6: It's like a Tesla or one of their e cars with it no drivers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so one of them bloody ran over someone in the States in I reckon.
Speaker 6: Remember when I was in San Francisco, last year, which is like the tech capital of the world called the big tech companies are setting up shop and they had the driverless Ubers and they have cameras like everywhere all over them. And there was two competing companies I believe over there that was doing the driver lists, well not they're not Uber branded driverless you know, car share or whatever it's called. And one of them because the cameras weren't underneath a woman I think she bent down to tie her shoelace in front of it, and it didn't recognize that there was someone on the ground and it like drive her halfway down the straight.
Speaker 5: That company got shut down. There's many issues with them.
Speaker 3: It's long journey, but we got there.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the videos on socials when someone leaves a passenger in the tesla and then they go inside and then they reversed the tesla out of them.
Speaker 4: It's very funny and they panic.
Speaker 5: Wait what happens?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, to be there, there's a passenger and they go, I just got to go inside and grab something. And then as a bit of a prank is a lot, they reverse the tesla out the driveway and the passengers going.
Speaker 6: What's do they actually self drive because I've got a Tesla, so I believe.
Speaker 3: They do well. You can buy the self drive pack, but I don't think it's legal here in Australia in the suburbs, to be honest.
Speaker 6: You know on Scapman in our team also has a Tesla. Does your do they self drive?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, you've got to pay extra for the full self driving package.
Speaker 3: But are you legally allowed to use that.
Speaker 4: Not on the road. No.
Speaker 7: You can auto park at your house, so you leave it outside of your garage and press the button and it'll park itself in there for you.
Speaker 3: You know, Lawrence, the one person I think auto drive would be good for.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, not bad. You should do a comparison, just track them. But who's the better driver?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they don't. There's no room for error in it.
Speaker 3: If you're on the freeways tonight you see a truck and there's no one behind the wheel. Apparently it's all above board. Hey, it's just gone to seven.
Speaker 2: Freaky, Lawrence, say ten k.
Speaker 3: Forget registering on websites, forget ringing up and trying to get through and be called a suburn. All you have to do is come up see us say hey and you could win ten k.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited. We've got thirty thousand dollars to give away. So here's how it works. We are going to be out and about across Melbourne over the next couple of weeks. We want you to come and say hey, and you could be winning ten k. But if you are the one hundredth or the two hundredths or the three hundredth person to say hello, every hundred wins one hundred. If you are the one thousandth person or the two thousand, every thousand wins a thousand, and their ten thousandth person we meet will win ten thousand.
Speaker 5: Buccaronis.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: That is easy.
Speaker 3: Just got to walk out, say hey, shake your hand and you are counted. Someone will be there with one of those little nightclub clickers.
Speaker 4: I know them.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: We want to meet ten thousand of you Melbourne and we want to give away a heay the cash along the way.
Speaker 3: How long this is going to take, but I can reveal it will be a different location every single day we will be We'll be out for about an hour.
Speaker 5: Or so, sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the utmost if.
Speaker 3: You can't get to us we'll give you an opportunity to ring in on the morning and say hey.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do weekends as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we will hit out in the week.
Speaker 5: Wee weekends. People are busy during the week.
Speaker 3: Are we ready for location number one? Yes, this is the first place you will be able to find us and come up and say hey, hey, hey, hey hey.
Speaker 5: On Monday morning, we will be meeting you all at eight am at Flinders Street Station on the corner there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, smack bang.
Speaker 5: It might be on the way to work, you might be on the way to school.
Speaker 3: So how this is going to work? Because this one will be during the show after seven point thirty We're going to take the show mobile and head down to Flinders Street Station. So if you do travel through there on your way to work Monday morning, eight o'clock, we'll be doing the show live from Flinders Street Station and at the same time shaking hands and saying hey, say hey, hey, oh hey love this, say hey for ten ka Like Lawrence said, one hundredth person, every hundredth person wins one hundred bucks, every thousandth person wins a grand and then the ten thousandth person we shake hands with and say hey, we'll win ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Pretty simple, blood the easiest money I've ever given away.
Speaker 3: Don't wait, and we will. We're going to get right across Melbourne, all different parts you name it, Geelong, Frankston, the city areas out and the burbs will be everywhere.
Speaker 5: Hit us up on socials if there's somewhere you really want.
Speaker 3: Us, and watch our socials as well, because we'll reveal the next day's location every single day.
Speaker 5: But Friday to ten thousand people, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Huge, a bit of fun. Say hey for ten k kicks off Monday morning, eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 6: You know when you want to get onto someone, how many times is it reasonable to call? Like if you call someone, do you do you ever call them back again to see for the answer if they don't answer, ring and ring and ring, irritating?
Speaker 5: But is there a level?
Speaker 6: Like one calls like a one is a casual catch up, right, like I just want to say hi or I just want to see what's going on. Two is a bit like I probably need to talk to you. I would say that if someone calls you three times, it's an emergency.
Speaker 4: It's an absolute emergency.
Speaker 3: Well, even if you put your phone on like the old do not disturb thing. If it's someone in your favorites, and they constantly ring, it goes through.
Speaker 5: I was wondering that, but I think they know that it hasn't gone through because you do not disturb.
Speaker 6: Anyway, We're away last week and I was on a call that I had been It was a really important call, and I've been playing phone tag.
Speaker 5: Is there anything worlse I'm playing phone tag?
Speaker 6: I think when you see you've missed it again, You're like, how how have I missed that call again? So I've been playing phone tag and I finally got on this call having a very curious I want to say business chat, which makes me sound far more important than I am. Anyway, having really like conversation that I've been trying to have for two days. We've been playing phone tag, and Paul called me on the other line and I was like, oh, it'sine, call him back. And then he called again and I was like, oh, nah, surely after the second time if I don't answer, he'll send me a text.
Speaker 5: And then he called again and yeah, I was like, hey, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, hey, I'm so sorry. I have to take a call. There must be some kind of family emergency. Paul's just called me three times in a row.
Speaker 5: Can I call you back?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, okay, I hope everything's okay. And I was like three times this is mid business chat? Yes, so yeah, But I hung up the call and I'd missed the third cover of that stage. I was like, well, call him straight back.
Speaker 5: I called him back. I was like hey. He goes hey, and I was like everything okay, and he goes, yeah, Well, I was just going to see if we had any bread, or should I stop at the bakery on the way home?
Speaker 3: That's not on Oh no, I I disagree.
Speaker 5: Should I stop at the bakery?
Speaker 3: Wellad, he's about to pass the bakery. He doesn't want to turn back.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's unacceptable.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry because he can't win because if he got home and you wore to hang up that business car and been like it's going to make a slunch but we got no.
Speaker 5: Bread, well just then get bread. You don't three times.
Speaker 4: Clean, that's s OS territory. I'm sorry, Jason Lauren.
Speaker 3: He can't win three causes going past the bakery. Now's the top.
Speaker 5: I'll just pull in and get another loaf of bread.
Speaker 3: I get your place, just bread growing on trees where it comes from. Cool everyone the purpose in the house.
Speaker 1: J Lawrence, tell me what you know.
Speaker 3: Each week women getting someone in from the force, different departments. We had a negotiator in the other week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we love this segment.
Speaker 3: I was using his skills to try and get one of the kids out of their room. The other day. I did the whole joke thing because you know how he said, you're not funny, but it works. He opened the door and said, Dad, you're not funny, and our sympathy my kid left the room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember that police negotiator said to get someone off a roof.
Speaker 5: I said, if you make me laugh, I'll get down, no matter how bad.
Speaker 3: This week's a bit of a different one.
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 3: As If who is a custody officer supervisor working for the police. This guy has a photographic memory which would one hundred percent come in handy for your job. Good morning, mate, how are you.
Speaker 2: Good morning guys, Thanks for having me yo show. It's really good to have to be here.
Speaker 3: So run us through how your photographic memory skill comes in comes in play when it comes to policing.
Speaker 13: Oh well, if I meet someone, I just don't forget him like you need when I see him. Oh if beheas like he need, the end doesn't matter. Like a neother one, I dalt with them. Let suppose like neety two years ago, I still remember his face under name as well.
Speaker 6: So it says here that there was a case where more than one hundred thousand dollars in sunglasses has had been stolen and as a photo circulated, and you remembered this person from dealing with him back in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Eight, yep, that's exactly right. You know I dealt with him in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 13: I could remember the time as well, and I could remember when this what discussion I had with him.
Speaker 5: That is amazing.
Speaker 4: And what is it?
Speaker 6: Is it people's faces that you recognize or is it tattoos or is it the way they walk?
Speaker 13: I just simply like you know, the how they're like needy, behave like standing posture right when they speak, when their hand movements, all.
Speaker 5: Their mannerisms and everything.
Speaker 6: Because I often watch those crime stopper ads and I think I know that person.
Speaker 5: I've seen that person before, don't you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes with the crime stopper. It's the recreation so you might have seen him on I don't know All Saints.
Speaker 1: As if I needed you at university? Where were you when I was trying to remember quotes from books and all.
Speaker 3: Of a Redden funny enough? So obviously you've got a photographic memory when it comes to policing. What about at home? Like like, I'm pretty good where I watched my wife put her keys on mobile phone down. You're never losing them, and I'll remember that and lou will message me during the shower like, hey, Pape, do you know where my keys are? And I know I can go, Yeah, blue couch, left hand side.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's the same thing with my wife as well. Like you know that she said, I just rely on your someways, Please don't leave me.
Speaker 3: Have you ever lost your carrot chat?
Speaker 5: He'd never lose anything.
Speaker 6: Do you remember people's names and their stories as well or just you're like I know that person.
Speaker 13: No, I just most of the people who I dealt with them that I just remember their names as well, so it's easy to give their names.
Speaker 5: Like you know, and when did you realize you had this amazing skill?
Speaker 13: Well, it's when I joined the Big Pole, you know, the twenty sixteen the first one. The person I identified because of one of my sergeants going through the footages and I said, oh, yeah, I know this guy and she just looking at me.
Speaker 2: Whosey I said, that's his name?
Speaker 6: And she goes soon go into the police force. Because you knew how this incredible skill. You realized it once you joined.
Speaker 13: No, i'ven once I joined it like the and I started picking people like you from the steelers of this guy, this guy him.
Speaker 1: And so these are all people of interest basically po I. And then you will they'll throw you some c c TV. You'll go through CCTV and you'll be like, I've seen him before. Yes, that's a South Melbourne market. So you're like on Law and Order.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When they put the photo into the system and the systems going to the photo, the system, you're the system.
Speaker 2: It's a building fashion recognition. You can say like, you know what I mean?
Speaker 13: And they having said that, then people start saying you're super recognized. I never knew, so I just google it and I found in the UK, in Scotland they have the whole squad people like you. Yeah, they're just like their job is to like they only look at the god through the footage and do they have a medium?
Speaker 4: On laur Order as well? She did some great work. It was the medium, like, yeah they a medium.
Speaker 5: Lauren Order? Is not actually a true representation of what happens.
Speaker 6: Spoiler come, I see, But do you like see people and think, oh I remember him, I remember what he said to me in high school and how mean that was. And now you said them in the straight and you're a police officer and just want to give him a piece of your mind, Like you.
Speaker 13: Know, I'm stopping on the lights. The people I dealt with them, you know, sometimes they just walk across the road. And I said, oh, yeah, that's that seem you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, so you know it's your wife would get away with nothing. I wouldn't want to be married to you.
Speaker 3: Where's the garbage guy around again this week?
Speaker 5: I didn't leave that there. I didn't do that. You did? I remember?
Speaker 3: I've got a question. Okay, it's not the it's not the most serious policing question, but is it true members of the force get discounted drive throughs or in your uniform? Have you ever rocked up at macas in your uniform and they've gone ten percent off. No, I never done that, so I can't give the answer, like you know, let's go my next question.
Speaker 5: You know, police.
Speaker 6: Officers don't just sit around and eat donuts like in the Simpsons either.
Speaker 1: Again spoiler AlSi are you good at that memory game? You know where you've got the cards? And like Tomato, you know you're.
Speaker 4: Good at that game.
Speaker 3: I give a shot, like you know, but I never play that.
Speaker 4: He'd also be good accounting cards at the casino.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he's a police officer. Sign him up to deal or no, you'd remember where.
Speaker 6: The briefcases were. In all seriousness, though, when has this skill come in handy? Like, what are some of the cases that you've managed to blow wide open because of this extraordinary skill you have?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 13: Well, there is a lot, but I can give you the one example. The other day, you know, there was a POI. They were looking for it. They identified too, but they couldn't identify the one and they're still sensitive. Footage was like a pretty bad But I know straight away this guy when I dealt with him.
Speaker 2: I chat with him in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: And he kicked it straight away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I knew what time you came into my station and what was what.
Speaker 4: Was he charged for?
Speaker 5: Like, you know, you remember the time in the day as well?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, and you know I'm in the ice rat was remember the member who dealt with him and he was involved in the kidnapping. And I within a not even a five minutes, I send an email to the detective and he applied me back.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Thanks going on like you, Oh that is that is amazing.
Speaker 3: I wish we didn't meet you now because every week, if we ever come up with a person of interest, you're going to be like April eighteen, wearing that silly hat on his head, little rang and pushing in the buttons.
Speaker 5: But I know it's like a photographic memory. But do you haven't Like I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Do you remember like life events and things as well, or it's just you got to see an image.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do remember the life events as well. And I heard that thing as well.
Speaker 13: People come up to me and they said, oh, we can't even remember what we had last night the dinner, but.
Speaker 2: You remember these things. And I's like, you know, well, it's just stuck in my head.
Speaker 4: You know, to the.
Speaker 3: To the cops. Ever get on the beers on a Friday like a teammate and go hey, as if we're going to show you a photo and you tell them what crime they did, could and just and test out your memory for a bit of fun. Well, it's not like that.
Speaker 13: But when I went when I joined the whig Pool, and I went through some of the previous files and I start sending emails and some of the members said, oh, after two years, how come you know this guy?
Speaker 2: And I said, well, I dealt with him in the past, so I thought, I just he.
Speaker 3: Just never forgets.
Speaker 5: They'd want to bring out that red laser from the matrix and sucumentary. Please don't remember this, you think a meta black Did it help you at school?
Speaker 2: Because I remember the movie you mentioned about the UNI.
Speaker 13: I was in the tape and well, I've done a couple of time exams and the professor or like the teacher come up to me, what was the question?
Speaker 2: And I said, okay, this is one of the questions. And that was the page number, that was the paragraph number.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, And then you just start writing and then some of the students get upset. Why are you telling all these things to the teacher because you might got to have the students to get the good grades.
Speaker 4: You know, do you know what I should borrow him when I go out on the town at night so I can remember what I've done.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be hanging out in a police offer.
Speaker 3: Also, if you remembered what you did, I don't think you'd ever go out again. Thank you so much for coming in this morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: The whole side of policing you didn't even know existed.
Speaker 5: Interesting. I love self checkout. I love it. I always wanted to be a checkout.
Speaker 6: Check when he likes getting your I get in the group, like the hint swing, I'm like in the back, and.
Speaker 3: Then what happens is the scales don't register something and that silly little message comes up. You have to wait, going, oh yes, can I give you a tip.
Speaker 4: And explained item in the bagging area?
Speaker 3: Shocking, Debbie's giving me a tip. If you put something in the bag and it doesn't register, just press down on the scales and let go again. What resets sort of resets.
Speaker 1: As a former checkout chick safe Way Ash would shout out, I don't go through the self checkouts.
Speaker 4: Anymore I go to a human So do I love.
Speaker 5: A self checkout?
Speaker 4: You want it?
Speaker 5: I feel so grown up using it.
Speaker 1: The deli I didn't do. I pulled one shift in the deli because it was frantic. It's very very tricky, very tricky.
Speaker 5: Deli gives me anxiety when when you have to say how much weight do you want?
Speaker 4: And then I go, it's a real guest to three hundred.
Speaker 6: Grams of the champagne handbangs and then I see them pull it out and what I was meaning, but that's perfect.
Speaker 3: And then how embarrassing when you've got to be like, oh, can you take a bit out?
Speaker 5: No, you never take it.
Speaker 3: I know I've got no drums. Of course you would when you go three grams over take a bit out?
Speaker 6: You go enough for four sandwiches. But my husband, he's a big boy, so make it maybe like a big serve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, that's that's not what I had a.
Speaker 4: Roague customer one day when I was on the checkout. She was rude to me, rude, rude, rude. This is a true story. She had her little seedless grapes and I pressed my hand on that scale just to make it way a little bit, and those six dollar grapes cost her sixteen dollars And I watched her walk out a safely ashwood and I said see you later on, And then.
Speaker 5: Did you pocket the tent? No, you're not, you're an honesty man. Well there's a problem in Brisbane, of course, it's in Brisbane.
Speaker 6: Where Jase comes from, because the honesty policy of the old self checkout isn't working and some ida's over there are actually removing them because they have worked out it's cheaper to staff the checkout than deal with the amount of loss they're dealing with, which sucks.
Speaker 3: A bit because like the ideas are small businesses. These aren't the massive supermarkets, you know what I mean. So people are taking the piss and obviously pinched and stuff.
Speaker 5: Well, research has suggested that one in eight Australians have stolen something in the past year. There's eight people in our team. Who do you recommend?
Speaker 4: Yes, Actually, let's have a look around.
Speaker 5: Let's have a look around. There's the thumb.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do it, the knak wouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: She's a clean skin.
Speaker 3: Well we've got that young millennial. She's not even millennial. What is she?
Speaker 5: Ali wouldn't do it. She's sweet.
Speaker 4: I reckon, it's honestly, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: I can't. He'd be putting the avocados through his washed potatoes. Washed potatoes, for sure. Have you ever done it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: They've got cameras now, but you know what it's.
Speaker 6: It's sort of taken the fun out of looking up the deli items because that camera looks down, it goes, you've got avocados.
Speaker 5: You knows what you mean? It can tell. So you know how you used to just put something on the scales and you'd have to search.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you going to go through the.
Speaker 6: Babycident and it's like, oh, that's green, that's probably avocados.
Speaker 4: How do you know that? It's a hash?
Speaker 5: Then now you you like the pov ones.
Speaker 4: I love the Shepherd AVOs. They're one ninety five each at the moment. I'll see. I bought four the other day.
Speaker 3: Has that was a checkout man? Still got it?
Speaker 5: Shepperdavos? No good in them.
Speaker 1: They hang on just before you do. Once someone came through with what are they? What are these silly white carrots? I call them white carrots?
Speaker 3: What are they?
Speaker 4: Pass? I was flicking through that silly little director.
Speaker 5: It was, oh, you're actually looking.
Speaker 4: For past them for hours?
Speaker 11: What are they?
Speaker 1: Carot?
Speaker 5: That's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Can I hear your price? Check boys?
Speaker 4: Service ten on register three? Please service ten registered three?
Speaker 3: Normally it's like really close?
Speaker 4: Did I understand christ check on white carrots? White carrots is a three.
Speaker 3: Three? It was this time yesterday that it went.
Speaker 5: Off in scrabble? How many points is the letter Z worth?
Speaker 7: There? It's worth ten?
Speaker 2: You have just.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, that is so awesome.
Speaker 3: Bye, okay, congratulations, do some Let's try it again today.
Speaker 5: Ah good, it's that easy. One question.
Speaker 6: You could have five k in the bank. Let's go to Alyssa in Mortia. Lic morning a Lissa, Good morning, all right, Alissa.
Speaker 3: I love Morty, do you. Yeah? We're looking for a place to buy at the moment. I love around Mortiak.
Speaker 5: There it's lovely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at High Street.
Speaker 3: Sporting blow Pub. Otherwise there's a great little restaurant called Bang Bang oh shop Yeah. Good fish fish chip show, Tommy Tommy Roffs fish.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks for joining postcards this morning, Alissa real estate. Bye now, hey, Alisa, I've got three questions for you. One is worth five thousand dollars, and it's what we call hard. There's a medium question for five hundred dollars, and there is a simple question for fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: What would you like to be asked this morning?
Speaker 10: I'll go for the five hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Five hundred dollars done, Nice and medium.
Speaker 5: Nice and medium, just like a good steak, Nice and.
Speaker 3: Medium, medium. Here we go. I will remind you you get three seconds to answer the question. All right, So even if like you can't think of it, I would strongly suggest taking a guess.
Speaker 5: Run out an answer.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right?
Speaker 6: Alyssa from Morti alic for five hundred dollars? How many fortnights are there in one year?
Speaker 5: Three? Two one?
Speaker 3: She's a two for two five hundred dollars?
Speaker 5: Alissa, she was so much. Oh you need the five hundred bucks. Yeah, I need the five hundred What are you going to do with it? Probably go towards my car? Oh that's good on you, well done.
Speaker 3: Do you think you're putting on a spoiler?
Speaker 4: Or is a wii?
Speaker 5: You go, Melbourne? How many fortnights are in one year? The correct answer was twenty six simple maths question with.
Speaker 4: Gas Now, just before what did you say what you say? What do you say?
Speaker 5: How many? How many fortnights in days?
Speaker 3: Twenty one?
Speaker 4: Twenty one? When you pull that one from.
Speaker 5: He's rolling on a forty two week years year.
Speaker 4: We'll give them a little holidays you get.
Speaker 5: It doesn't affect the fortunes.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: It's Christopher Traca joining.
Speaker 4: Us on the air.
Speaker 5: Morning morning, guys.
Speaker 8: How are we Your headphone's not working? I know they're not, but I can still hear you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm right in front of you.
Speaker 5: Track.
Speaker 4: How are you? I don't know how to fix it.
Speaker 8: It's fine, I can hear you. Guys all good?
Speaker 3: How are we feeling?
Speaker 8: Feeling good? There? I literally just had to turn the volume on.
Speaker 3: That'll get you.
Speaker 5: It's lucky you can kick a footy.
Speaker 8: Thank god?
Speaker 3: Going well, going really well?
Speaker 5: Have you guys got a weekend off?
Speaker 8: I had to buy or the week days off?
Speaker 3: Right? Not the weekend?
Speaker 8: It was up to noo, sir, which is good enough. Few days.
Speaker 5: You actually got a little holiday.
Speaker 3: Three days.
Speaker 8: Technically it was great. Get some sun now back in cold Melbourne.
Speaker 3: But why are you back if you got the buy?
Speaker 5: Because you train leading into the next game.
Speaker 14: Yes, and also we play earlier next week because of Anzac Eve, which would be an exciting game against the Tigers.
Speaker 6: Sound Zach Eve is my favorite game of the year. It's such a special game, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It's really it feels.
Speaker 8: Special, It's remarkable. It's incredible to be a part of it.
Speaker 14: I feel really grateful and privileged to be a part of something so historic.
Speaker 8: It is truly incredible. The way they do it before the game as.
Speaker 14: Well, the horses, the lights turned off, the lights with the ring and then obviously the national anthem and the last post is it is really really special?
Speaker 5: Goosebump inducing, isn't it? It is?
Speaker 8: And this is my I think it's my seventh or eighth one now and it never gets never gets old.
Speaker 6: Do you get a different feeling in your like adrenaline on those games? There feels like there's something special in the air on those big nights.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely those games.
Speaker 14: Obviously Anzac Dave Game, King's Birthday game, gets collingand for for modin neuron disease with Neil Danahert. Those types of games they're like finals. You know, you know that Collingwood and Richmond's supporters are going to come out. It will be eighty five plus. I think it's their game, so you know, the be eighty five thousand easily in the game and it is awesome.
Speaker 8: But even even the week building up.
Speaker 14: To it, like tomorrow will go to oh God, we'll go to the shrine trying to remembrance. We'll have a guest speaker, someone probably in the army and talk about their experience. Last year we had a pilot come and he's had family and generations from who were also pilots too, and.
Speaker 3: I like the club gives them the respect it deserves. It has to.
Speaker 14: You need to, you need to, and I think for younger guys coming up as well in understanding importance of it. And also Melbourn Footy Club. We've been around for so long that we've had players. Bluie Trust got our best and fairest trophy named after him. Was the was in the war at the age of twenty two. Twenty three guys getting drafted now that's them now.
Speaker 3: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 8: It's just it's absurd.
Speaker 5: Well, we found someone that might be good to get down into the rooms and pump you up, because I've just been obsessed and fascinated by this little boy called Eddie who He has been taking the internet by storm by taking over your training sessions.
Speaker 3: Run, run as you can to the other end. What are your come on?
Speaker 7: What have you?
Speaker 5: He's mad day, He's a mad day. But he went down to training. Yeah, and he's a mad Christian Petrarca fan.
Speaker 3: This was the moment he got to make track.
Speaker 5: Hi Jaking.
Speaker 12: Illo Patruck, my phone, Scala, Tom Sparrow, Tom scar He is so very cute.
Speaker 5: He's sort of taken over the Melbourne Footy Club instagram of late.
Speaker 14: Tell us about Eddio, Well, we the media, the media team found him at training. They were just recording because we had a family day on Sunday to a week and a half ago a now, and so that was recording us walking onto the ground and the fans around us and had like a little guard of honor and this kid was just yelling at us. It was hilarious and couldn't even pronounce any of our last names.
Speaker 8: And he's four years old.
Speaker 4: They loved him.
Speaker 8: He knew all of us and it was really cool.
Speaker 14: So then they said obviously he said of my favorite player and Max Gorn And then I did three sixty on Fox Footy the other night and he was.
Speaker 8: There and he was on Fox Footy.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 8: His dad was there. Then they brought to training and he was very cute. I mean for a four year old.
Speaker 14: Early it was quite overwhelming because it's forty four guys and he's been thrown into the deep end. But then when we got out into the field and he bossed us around in the warm up, it was really cute.
Speaker 8: As the doorable.
Speaker 6: Is it moments like that though, where you meet little kids and you think, God, this thing we get to do is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Over him, now he's followed you the three sixty, he's going to train.
Speaker 14: I think it was nice timing because we got we got smacked by Brisbane, so it was kind of it was like it was a training session two days after, so it was nice to have a little bit of breath of fresh air.
Speaker 8: Him coming in just got to give gives you a bit of perspective.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: How just on that now that you've made that point, how taxing was it? Because we heard a lot after the Brisbane lost about you playing what three games.
Speaker 4: In sixteen days?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 4: Do you really feel it?
Speaker 1: Because I mean I was there, I'm I'm not gonna say anything about the performance, but you could see that you were the boys were laboring a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was tough. I think we played.
Speaker 14: So we played two games in Adelaide, stayed in Adelaide for seven eight days, and then the Thursday later we'll playing again. And I don't think we've had a schedule like that since COVID probably where we played. But that was sixteen minute quarters. See these are twenty minutes and time on. So yeah, three games of fifteen days is quite tough.
Speaker 8: I think it was fifteen. Hopefully make that we can make it less. We'll say it gives us a better excuse, but no, but it also it was an excuse though. I mean Brisbane Brisbane.
Speaker 4: Played base they they were awesome.
Speaker 14: Their aggression and they're tackling and their pressure was probably forced us to play terrible too.
Speaker 4: So but it's good.
Speaker 14: I think it's like for me, like when you lose in those situations, it gives your time to learn, an opportunity to grow.
Speaker 8: So for us, it's good that we had that loss. So and now obviously leading to Richmond game, whould be good.
Speaker 4: Just one more from me.
Speaker 1: I bumped into your good mate, Angus Brayshaw yesterday and he's wine bar. He's opening a wine bar on Lennox the street called Lenny, which has been really good.
Speaker 4: He of course had to retire early.
Speaker 5: Many incidents that Clint bumped into someone and.
Speaker 1: In the morning it's next door to my OSTEO. So and why do you need THEO. Everything's like the point I was making. Gussy's looking really well, which is which is lovely to see. But Nathan Murphy from Collingwood he had to prematurely retire as well. This must be really sad seeing these players having to make these big decisions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 8: It's it's sad obviously.
Speaker 14: I mean when you're so young, I thinkthan Mathews twenty three or twenty four and you know, been in the league for six years and has to make a decision, a life decision at that age, it is quite tough.
Speaker 8: And yeah, it is sad.
Speaker 14: But I think for me, the more I've started to see Gussie and more I've started to become close with him away from footy more, I'm kind of like that Harve's me to say, it's quite selfish, but.
Speaker 8: I'm happy for his decision.
Speaker 14: Like I think, I don't know, like for me, even Nathan Murphy, you could kind of see the kind of sense of relief, like does he seem happy and can tell us, oh, no, he's he's is miserable. I as you would, because you know footy, you play it for the whole life. But I think for me like it's another knock or it's another injury away from from that potentially you know.
Speaker 8: Making it worse.
Speaker 14: But I think the fact that you know Nathan Murphy and Gus can retire knowing that the symptom free and knowing.
Speaker 5: That when you've got that hanging over your head.
Speaker 14: I probably didn't explain myself, Well, it's more just saying it's nice to see. I don't want him being in an environment where he's stressed and anxious the whole time, where it's dangerous. Yeah, as much as he's.
Speaker 1: Feeling terrible not being able to and Nathan have won premierships as well, and I know Gus said after he won in twenty one that he feels fulfilled as a footballer, which was beautiful here and Nathan said the same thing a couple of days ago when when he announced his retirement.
Speaker 14: So if you can walk away with the premiership metal well, that's the thing about that's the thing about footag clubs. It's not like we're going to see we're going to see them all the time away from the club. You know, friendships and that they will last forever. But it's the camaraderie that's probably the thing you missed the Morris and premierships.
Speaker 8: Like your dad was there in the hub in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: So he's still talking about on that premiership kimbership.
Speaker 8: It's you too, Jasus put the music up, telling us to cut out the winder.
Speaker 5: How very daggy because we're not.
Speaker 3: Talking about we're paying by the minute. It's costing me a fortune. Christoph Pertraca joining us on the here this morning. Mate, enjoy the weekend off and enjoy and eve next week.
Speaker 8: I appreciate a special day on you do you just.
Speaker 3: Sorr.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go now.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get selfish on a bye weekend. Do you ever go to the foot of yourself and watch your game?
Speaker 4: No watching basketball?
Speaker 14: Watch NBA play place Miami the Atlanta, Well that's a biggie Philly Mimi the Philly Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Thanks track.
Speaker 3: Laurence just found something online which is really Radile, what's happening?
Speaker 6: I got sent an article, which I don't love reading things about myself. But for some reason, there's an article on a website that says Lauren Phillips reveals what she won't do in the bedroom with her fiance Paul, and I was like, Clint, I don't want to read it.
Speaker 5: I don't want to read it. Someone's in it to me, so click because I'll read it anyway.
Speaker 6: Goes on to talk about how the other day on the show, Will You asked me where I sit on throupples and I said.
Speaker 3: So, people are bringing another person into the relationship, but it's not just for one night.
Speaker 7: You know that.
Speaker 4: Lauren said she's all in.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 5: I said, it's absolutely not for me.
Speaker 6: And the thing is that Jace loves probing me on these things because he knows I'll get my I'll get tongue twisted, and I'll say something that I'll end up being embarrassed about anyway. So it goes on to say Lauren said, no, she doesn't judge other people though, But then there's a sentence in this article. Jase went on to admit that he was once in a thropple with his wife and a male friend.
Speaker 5: Tell us more about your throat, tell.
Speaker 3: Us about listen. I've been taken out of context, and I would like a retraction.
Speaker 6: I love it when you were taken out of context because it's normally me and now Lou, your wife, she's.
Speaker 5: Going to be thrilled.
Speaker 4: The people at the age don't get it wrong to.
Speaker 5: Chase went on to say how he was in a proper We don't have time. We're going to take calls.
Speaker 3: The phones are still down. We were talking. When we were talking about throuples, I mentioned that when.
Speaker 5: You were once in a wife and a male friend, how did you.
Speaker 4: Make it work?
Speaker 3: I didn't say that, don't.
Speaker 5: Did they eventually kick you out because you were boring them?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean how did you split your time? Was it sort of thirty three percent?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I said to you, guys, what worked for me when.
Speaker 5: With your wife and a man work for you?
Speaker 3: When Lou and I started dating.
Speaker 4: You were in a No, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry, sorry, there's a quote from you here, Lauren.
Speaker 4: There's a quote Lauren.
Speaker 5: I would go to I would go to bed, and he took over boyfriend Judy Rolls.
Speaker 4: Did he I mean you did say that. I mean, if it works for you, Jase, you go through it.
Speaker 5: I did say that, but hang on, and then Lauren went on to say, yuck. The only thing worse than being in a throuple would be being in a trouble with ja. I stand by my commas.
Speaker 3: And they printed that, yeah a stitch No, I said, we had a flatmate, join us and between joiners hang on between between him and I, we divide and conquer. Did say that as in as agreeing lo as in I would go.
Speaker 1: Making a bigger hole for yourself, loves loves trupples and.
Speaker 3: Will turn your micro I was going to bed at night, and then he would take over and watch and then and watch like sects in the city and stuff like that weather, so he do that part in the relationship during Honestly, anyway it is.
Speaker 5: We'll talk more about your throuple tomorrow.
Speaker 6: And the only reason we're talking about this is because our phones were down, so we thought we'd poke the bear.
Speaker 5: Jase, do you believe in karma?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like to think. I believe in karma.
Speaker 5: You do something good, something good might come back to you. You do something bad, it's going to come back to buy you.
Speaker 3: I reckon he opened a few people cop a bit of karma.
Speaker 5: This year, I've copped a bit of karma. Do you remember when I did Yesterday with your kids, which reminds me we are you? No, we are not. So for those who don't know what.
Speaker 6: Yesterday is, it's where kids get to ask their parents for all kinds of what. It's not meant to be about gifts and things, but things they want their parents to do, and the parents have to have a yes can do attitude.
Speaker 5: Yep, all right, you want to go rock climbing, We're going to go ro The whole.
Speaker 3: Thing's based on, like you know, all kids here, yeah, all kids here from their parents is no, no, no, no, we're not doing that. No we're not doing that that we're not going there, which is.
Speaker 6: Untrue, but yeah, yeah, and even parents I think agree that. They're often just like, no, don't have time, No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Ghana movie, I'd blame her for it.
Speaker 5: It's a day called yesterday. Anyway.
Speaker 6: I took Jase's kids on Yesterday and I took them shopping, and I said, what instruments would you like?
Speaker 4: Kid?
Speaker 3: That's right, two recorders, a karaoke machine, and a six hundred dollar bill for me.
Speaker 5: Oh, I made him pay for him because I'm not an idiot, so I said yes, and he had to pay.
Speaker 4: Are they musically inclined? Jason?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of them plays a piano and the other one likes noise, so great, perfect fit.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: I laughed about that for a long time, and I was like, Oh, your neighbors are gonna hate you. You're gonna hate kids.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: You've got karma.
Speaker 5: I've got karma. My next door over has bought a drum kit.
Speaker 6: Fully fledged thinks he's in the Red Hot Billie Peppers thinks he's g flip drum.
Speaker 3: Not a digital one where they can plug in the headphone.
Speaker 5: Not a digital one, Okay, a drum kit.
Speaker 4: So what time of the day were talking?
Speaker 6: So I'm out in the mornings, right, So I'm home during the day. But during the day is often when I'm like, Oh, I've got to do something tonight, I've got to work later.
Speaker 5: I'm going to have a nap.
Speaker 3: You're old, you need a nap.
Speaker 5: I need a nana nap.
Speaker 6: And guess who decides they're going to practice the drum kit because I guess he's being respectful and he's not doesn't want to play at night to keep other people awake and early in the morning's unacceptable.
Speaker 4: Little drummer boy next door during the day.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's not a little drummer boy. This is a fully fledged adult. The way he is banging on those snares is on the god on the snare drum? Is that coming?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah. So when I'm sitting on a couch trying to have a bit of ourner and watching a bit of Virgin River, Clint, I love story Vege River, my favorite show. This is all I hear all day. And I actually on the first day it happened, because I think it was a day. Okay, turn it stop.
Speaker 3: They're not like in Timelin, like that'd be fun.
Speaker 4: Sound Is he playing to music?
Speaker 5: Why I can't hear. He might have the music in his headphones and I just see the drums. And the first day it happened, it was a day I think we've been in here, and I was like, I'm so exhausted, I need to go home and have an app And it started and you know what, I flat out thought it was you two at the front of my house, just trying to get to me, and I was like, not happy, Jack, that'd be good for I went to scream out the window and I was like, oh no, the names.
Speaker 3: I don't think you should be allowed to just practice an instrument like that and anytime of the day, day or night in the suburbs.
Speaker 6: Do you think at any time at all or do you think it should be a window. That should be a window with a snipper window. You can be four seven or after six, but that means you can do it in the day. I don't like it when the neighbors use the leof blow during the day. Let alone the drum kid.
Speaker 1: My lovely sister Casey and my brother in law Phil. They live next to a bloke who practices the bagpipes.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't mind that bag.
Speaker 4: It's an afternoon session usually around three four.
Speaker 5: The baby to nap.
Speaker 3: Three to four is an okay window. Kids are normally up by the end they've had their midday nap.
Speaker 5: I agree. Actually, pipes, I reckon between three and five. Knock yourselves out with the instruments.
Speaker 3: Bet at five o'clock, get instruments down.
Speaker 6: Also at midday, like have some respect for those of us who need to see yes, Yes, where's the respect to watch?
Speaker 4: What's it called Valley Girl or something?
Speaker 3: Virgin River.
Speaker 5: I've finished it and need something else to watch. Jason, Jason Lauren Wake Up Feeling Good on number one hundred.
Speaker 10: Lauren on Socials