Speaker 1: My situationship ended up with me before a pilate star. Oh yeah, I was like so fucking sad. Hello, welcome back to Just for a Girl.
Speaker 2: It feels so good where back in my Women. We're actually recording in the Nova studios today, and every angle I look at, I'm seeing.
Speaker 1: Face like, yeah, I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: I don't love it. It's kind of wigging me out.
Speaker 1: I like the photo of myself, that's maybe my if I hated the photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't love the photo of myself. Actually, fun fact Easy he's like Easy, he's pickier than me at photos, and Easy didn't like any of any other photo but that one, so I just had to bite my tongue.
Speaker 1: I don't like, I've got a funny, funny thing about the angles of my face, Like I look completely different from both sides of my face, so we need mine. That was like bang on the center from the right side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't love my set face in that one, but like you can't really see it.
Speaker 1: Make up looks, didn't make up ellie, yeah looks.
Speaker 2: But we're back in Melbourne and I cannot tell you, guys, how good it feels to be home, not in like a oh my god, you fucking prove it a little piece of shit, but like it's just like we'd been traveling so much and it was like good to finally come home. A lot unraveled when we're in Bali and I was like, I just need me home, I need my car, I need my friends, and I feel.
Speaker 1: Like the weather, like the vibes are so yeah in Melbourn when the weather gets warm with with that like first sort of couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we came back like just for the long weekend, like just in time for the long we can The weather was good Friday Saturday, like everyone was out, Melbourne was bustling, like we had the best time on Saturday's cuts.
Speaker 1: I mean, your family. I'm just I'm really grateful that I get the opportunity to be away, but I'm so fucking happy to be home.
Speaker 2: It makes you appreciate homes and like that in my own.
Speaker 1: Space, love you guys. We didn't have one single argument that whole trip.
Speaker 2: We're like absolutely right now. Our relationship is.
Speaker 1: All Like all my friends were our grand final day and I was like they're like, oh my god, did I go with that. I'm like, we didn't fight once, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then they always makes it sound like we're not actually real friends.
Speaker 1: I was just so they just want to make sure we like, you know, you'll fight with any friend really if you go on a holiday together occasionally you'll have like a big girl too. So they just wanted to know, like, how did you guys go? And I'm like, oh, like we went amazing, Like we did not argue ones and the whole bloody table was like yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Because also like we're kind of teamed up because like we needed to get out of a few things. And I was like, easy, you're fucking helping me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was her.
Speaker 2: I was the what's it called the excuse?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but there's a word. I'm always looking for words that I never actually they are. But yeah, Sam used me as her out for a lot of things in that last.
Speaker 2: Oh guys, I just it's too fresh that it's like it's way too fresh that it's kind of like I want to respect people's faces, but like things happen way too quickly, and then I like had time to see it reflected. I was like, what the fuck am I doing? Kind of thing I need to get home. I need to be around my people. So like all that Bali stuff of me going back to bat it's just not happening. Let's just like put it, yeah, put it right.
Speaker 1: That fun chapter has come to an end. Kind of like one of those I'm trying to pick my words, very yeah reality kind of hit. I was living in La La Land, she was, and I was well aware that she was living in La La Land.
Speaker 2: And then once all my friends and everything came over, I was like, fuck, La La Land's not maintainable.
Speaker 1: It's my land. That's a good way to put the situation.
Speaker 2: So I back home, back around my back on, back home. But on Saturday, we had a really good day together.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I had so much fun. It was a long day easy. I started drinking at ten thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: We have mimosas to start guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we warmed up. Yeah, but we warmed up, and then like by six I was like, fuck, oh my god, it's still only six o'clock. And then it was still a long night from there.
Speaker 1: It was a long night from them, but it was a fun night all the same. I actually had it like there's yeah, I was tired and exhausted because you're being out and drinking that long. Obviously, it was grand fine all day. Yeah it's the day we're referring to. Yeah, but I had fun. Like I was demating the next morning because I was like, I had a really good day though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had had a really good day. It was so much fun. We're around such good vibes, great people. And then because you start so early, you kind of wrap up a bit earlier when you're doing drink when you're day drinking. So I was home by like twelve thirty, and like, I still managed to have a really good Sunday. Productive Sunday went to the gym, even though I watched the gym guys and I literally could taste it to KILLI in the back of my throat. It was actually foul.
Speaker 1: Like I was like when people say you're sweating out alcohol, you actually like when you have actually are sweating out the alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like really pushing myself through, but I needed to go just like you would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was coming out and I stayed up a little bit later than that. My favorite Sunday is a day anyway, So I just made some pass to hung out with my cat watch. I started watching Sopranos. You know that is It's obviously it's incredibly well known, very highly rated. It's about like the mafia and the mob in America and stuff. But it's like a six seasons not real, but it's on binge. I don't it's not real, but it's like based loosely based off like some of the actual sort of mob heads in America. And it's just like it's one of those ones that has like rotten tomatoes ninety five. Soer like it's going to be a good it's gonna be good. Yeah, So loving it so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But like I didn't really have any demons yesterday. I had a good day. It was nice to regnite with my housemates, chilling, living, living. But I wish I could tell you guys so much about I can't.
Speaker 1: On another note, I was talking to same about this in the bathroom just earlier. But there Hurricane Helene.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about that play? I saw Hannah's TikTok because she's in Florida at the Hannah Oval. She's there, really, she's at there at the moment with her boyfriend. I don't know if I'm airing out a laun.
Speaker 1: I think he plays an NFL. NFL she herself an NFL player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's over there with him at the moment. And there was like a video of them picking up crumble cookies. It was literally like they were going to die in the car.
Speaker 1: No, it's like this huge, huge hurricane, probably worse than what they've had in quite a while. But the problem is more like the storm surge that comes like following the hurricane, like as in all the water from the ocean and stuff due to pressures and winds get pushed onto land. So people have got like six feet of water outside their windows and stuff. And everyone was obviously being told to evacuate because six feet of water. Like people are there are actually like the stuff. It's really really bad. But a lot of people are in the evacuation zone. They're like, nah, let's see how we go. It's like, why why risk it? Do you know what I mean? So I spent maybe three hours he talks about it yesterday. So sending love and prayers to everyone in Florida. Ah, it's absolutely terrifying because it's like a tsunami mixed with a bloody tornado, like it's just like, honestly.
Speaker 2: Shit, that's what I don't know. I don't think I would. I hate to be hurricane. I would freak the funk out. I don't like storms really actually, that's like kind of one of my biggest bars.
Speaker 1: Well, what I also didn't realize is the hurricane water up because obviously a lot of water gets into the house. It usually that covers a lot of the bottom layers of levels of the houses. But if anything touches that water, you have to chuck it out because the water is filled with disease bacteria. Who it goes over the graveyards like you've got so all of that water coming into your house is like so highly just infected with shit. So it's like you can't disinfect things. That's gonna stick. So if you just have to chuck out everything that touches and try not to walk like barefoot or shower like immediately, like it's crazy. So yeah, fuck global warming, brother, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, anyway from that, it's time for question of the week. All right, is he if I went on a first day and you had to give the guy a warning about me, what would you warn them about I?
Speaker 1: No matter how much you think you're right, you won't be anymore. Like you're so stubborn. I think that's the one thing. And it's like, I'm just gonna have to tell this guy except defeat, you know, save yourself. Just accept defeat, you know, don't about the little things like it's not worth it. Yeah, and you want the date to go well, so you just accept defeat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if she goes, oh, it tastes like this, and he's like, no, it tastes like this.
Speaker 2: No, but what she thinks, what she thinks, like mine would be for you is prepared to be interrupted.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I love you might have been one of like your worst traits is that you interrupt people. I do like if you guys have noticed on any of like some of our ads and stuff and work that we do together is he is a big talk of because.
Speaker 1: Hey, you lost your voice in that feel video.
Speaker 2: No, the other Setable video. You literally talked the whole time.
Speaker 1: My brain runs in overdrive and it is a very bad trade of mine that I need to work on. I'm aware I do it sometimes, but sometimes it just gets really bad and I will work on it.
Speaker 2: Hey, self awareness. So like I'm stubborn. I'm probably right, and even if I will not, That's the thing. A lot of the time, I am not with me. When have you ever been wrong? When have I ever been wrong?
Speaker 1: With you? Always right? And so am I.
Speaker 2: You're literally just doing exactly what you say that I do.
Speaker 1: So stubbornness, And yeah, I need to learn to.
Speaker 2: Listen. Listening and that Another thing I would be aware of is that you always I'm like prepared to just have a teeth running.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I do this mm hmm when I've when I'm when I'm finished eating, like, yeah, I'll like reset a draw because I've got to really like, I hold a lot of tension in my door, and I hold it clinched a lot. So I've got some funny thing that go on with God. But I think the one thing that Sam notices that a lot of other people like probably don't pick up on unless they know about it, is that I together and she.
Speaker 2: Runs her teeth on a fine thing. Sorry, all right, go in.
Speaker 1: Let's go all right. So this week, guys, we're going to be doing some dilemmas. My favorite thing ever is that even when we don't ask for the dilemmas, we still seem to get inundated with them, which means we get to do these episodes whenever we want to. I love that you guys just keep sanding them, just always keep sending them. We will always get around to it, and we're gonna do a little dilemma episode this week. Help you out with some of life's bigger problems, you know.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get straight into two days episode. Hey, girls, love the podcast, Thank you so much. This dating dilemma is actually a good one for my guy mates. He's struggling to find genuine people on dating apps. No one ever seems to be interested once he gets to the point of asking them out. Me and my partner always try to get people to push him out there and keep being confident, but he finds a lot of girls at the moment aren't looking for the same thing or anything serious, and he's dead at the end of it. Do we have any advice for the guys and the dating apps, because I feel like we are really easy to complain that there's no good men out there, and there's like no men, no men, no men. But also sometimes girls can be the problem.
Speaker 1: And like, look, there is a lot of good guys out there. I would say dating apps like Hinge are good because they now do have that opportunity where you can say what type of relationship you're looking for, And I do think that is helpful for someone me who is saying for a long term relationship. By seeing on someone's profile it says they're looking for short term, I'll usually skip straight over it. Yeah, So be conscious of things like that.
Speaker 2: I think another thing you should be conscious about is also not talking to them for too long, Like you can really grow, like, drag out a conversation and if you're interested in the girl, find out if she wants to grab a drink that week, and that's when you know that if she's interested in or not. Don't drag out conversations for so long. If you want to see her and you want to meet up with her, hit it in like the first few couple messages, absolutely, because then they're like, that's how you know if they're going to be genuine or not, instead of like stringing it out for two weeks and then having the courage to ask them out for a drink, which.
Speaker 1: Is too long. If it is not asked me out for drinks, I'd say within the first like day or two of us, say, matching on a dating app, It's like I want to learn things about you in person, you know, and I'm sure they feel the exact same. So it's like, hey, matched, Okay, cool, both mutually interested? What are you doing this weekend? Let's grab a drink here? Done? Figure it out in person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, moving it on.
Speaker 1: It gets that weird space of do they want to go out with me? Then maybe why haven't they asked? Like then they just get it.
Speaker 2: Replies become less and then you've just like wasted your time.
Speaker 1: You've matched for a reason, they've responded for a reason. Organize a date straight out the gate.
Speaker 2: Like my housemate, for example, he she matched with a guy on Hindred. Two days later I dropped her off at a date. Yeah, Like that's ideal, That's how it should be. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Position, And then it's like you're not learning all those little things like where do you work? What's you found? Like la la, It's like it gives you more conversation I find to talk about on that first date, therefore making you a little bit less nervous. You've just got a lot more topics to cover. And I think it's way better that way, So I'd say that's the biggest, biggest piece of advice we can give you. Dilemma number two. I'm twenty years old and I've never had any romantic interaction that slashed attention from boys. I'm not even kidding. I've never had a boy message me, never been asked out, never been complimented by a guy. Stop, this is kind of move.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: We'll help you.
Speaker 2: We'll fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never have my first kiss, never been on a date, nothing picture eight year old experience. Mine is probably less anyway. Although high school, I just thought this was normal and I didn't notice all the girls around me getting attention because it wasn't happening for me. I never was phased by this and genuinely just thought it'll happen when it happens. I'm still young, but it didn't let it get to me. And now I'm twenty years old. Almost everyone has had some experience, and I don't know how to find someone. I've tried putting myself out there, but it's like I'm invisible and no one seems to notice me.
Speaker 2: What do I do? Okay, so easy said this before, and like I've also noticed this on the weekend with easy and Easy always says like, oh no, like, guys don't really aren't attracted to me, and guys is like, you may not recognize the type of people that are attracted to you because you don't necessarily know what to look for. So I'm not saying that there's no one in this whole wide world, which I definitely think that you're kind of thinking at the moment. No guys ever thought I'm pretty, No guys ever complimented me, no guys ever wanted me, Like there's this guy on the fucking weekend that was literally obsessed with easy and easy did not pick up on it once, And I was like, this fucking bitch, this literally fucking idiot. I'll tell you later. But like you, like, girls don't really look for it, and I just think you need to like relinquish control and like just be open to it. I think now you're kind of in the mindset and then the headspaceally like I'm twenty, this hasn't happened, and you're like build up a wall and like you've probably become a bit more resistant to it, and now you don't recognize it because you've never had it. I think you just need to really quish control and allow people to come into your life. Maybe downloaded dating app, get some cute pro photos and just like seek a little bit of validation from men and just like warm up into it. But there's no textbook guide into when you should have things done by a certain age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my like, sorry to my brother, but he's twenty one and he's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: You should set them up.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should set you, you know, And I think it stresses me out more than it stresses him out, because I want him to be happy, but happiness doesn't come from that. Firstly. Secondly, I think if you're not on dating apps, honestly, that's gonna be your first place to start. You know. It gives you even confidence I find helps me with seeing all the people match me, seeing that people think I'm good looking, Like even just that little bit of confidence I think helps, and you can find someone like mine did. Like, I'm sure there's so many people out there that experience the exact same thing as you right now. It just may not be the people that are directly around you right now. But dating apps is a good way to start, good way to get yourself out on dates. I say those singles. Me and my friend were saying we should go to one of those single events, you know that they sometimes set up where a bunch of single people get together. It's like, what's actually the harm in doing something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe that actually want to be about you like minded people in the same room that are all probably feeling nervous, feeling scared. It's like you just have to put yourself out there. It's not that easy, but I do think first step, get with your friends, take a couple of cute photos, get a dating profile, because even if dates don't.
Speaker 2: Flow in little maybe just do something in necessarily used to doing, like maybe join a different sporting club, or like join a different gym, join a different gym, join it, Like if you're at UNI, joined like a UNI group that's not part of your friends in the environment that you're uncomfortable with, because then you're forced to interact with people that you don't know. And I think it's all about getting out of your comfort zone. You're fucking twenty, like twentys and so you're so young. Who cares? I know so many people at your age.
Speaker 1: I haven't had a lot, I haven't had any experience at all, Like it's there's people in our direct lives that haven't had any experience at your age. So I just want you to understand it is completely normal and you're there is nothing to do with you. It's just, you know, sometimes situations and the way your life runs like you just don't get put in those positions a lot. So I think, yeah, just put yourself out there on the dating apps and see how you go and try. And yes, it's scary to be the one to maybe message first or match first, but sometimes that will happen and everyone has their right person out there for them and I sometimes don't feel that way, but there will be someone out there for me, and there will be someone out there for you. It works, it always does.
Speaker 2: Dilemma number three. Hi, girls, my best friend is quite extroverted, and I'm more introverted. Lately, I've made an effort to act more confident as a result, as I'm getting more attention from boys. I feel like whenever a guy gives me the slightest bit of attention, she always tries to make it about her. I went to a party and spent the whole time talking to this guy. My friend sees us talking and spending time together, and then goes and takes a selfie with this guy, tells him to hold her hands, and uploads it to a Snapchat story. Okay, they're like fifteen.
Speaker 1: Surely that's not a friendship. Yeah, that's a girl that doesn't need it in your life, with.
Speaker 2: The caption new boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: Oh. Another time, I was talking about this guy and how I've been talking to him, and she tells me the same thing has happened to her and that I shouldn't think anything of it because this guy and his best friend are talking to her, which I know for a fact is not true because they have no classes together and I've never seen them in a conversation. Am I being delusional? Or do these guys not really mean anything? Should I say something thank you? No, you shouldn't say anything.
Speaker 1: First of all, no, you don't say anything to happen. But it's not going to change a girl like There's girls like that in it, there's girls like that everywhere.
Speaker 2: You will always come across girls like that throughout your whole entire life.
Speaker 1: You do, luckily seem quite young. So I'm gonna say that this friendship won't matter, isn't going to matter very soon. You know, that's just one of those girls that is clearly only out there for herself. She probably gets attention from guys and that's the way she know fuels everything and feels her confidence. So you know, realize who you are, She's not gonna be worth it. Fuck these guys, guys will always realize who's acting like that, who's going to be the better?
Speaker 2: Guys are a lot more smarter reading girls than you think. Like, I know Izzy, and I know this girl that's had quite a few issues with her high school best friend and her and like a lot of jealousy when it comes on too guys and stuff like that, and then she's ended up taking out on the girl and she's like then felt really shit about herself. Like, guys know that, Like don't think that guys aren't aware of maybe what she's doing and it kind of ends up making her look like a bit of a idiot. But if you lush out and bite back, then she has a reason to have a go at you. So you just got to like buy your fucking tongue.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Let me always just say that the guy that's right for you will not be interested in your best friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know point Blake periods like, So it's.
Speaker 1: Like that's something you know, I tell myself a lot, Like when you do have like beautiful best friends, it's like a lot of times guys will just try their luck and see which one land. Yeah, it's like the guy that's gonna be my guy is gonna want me and only me, and they're not gonna entertain anyone else. So you know, let it ride out. Don't get petty with it. Like if she's gonna act that way, it makes her look like an idiot. So you know, you'll come out on top of the long run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just won't say anything. It's not worth it.
Speaker 1: No, I might like, I just I realize its rude. Though. It pisses me off that people just go unchecked that are fucking around with guys their friend likes, Like it annoys me. Let's say you do want to say something, just say it from a place of I feel upset. I feel hurt, like those I statements upset at her, Like be like hey girl, like I'm just feeling a bit hurt recently. You know, I liked Jack and then you took a photo with Jack, and that really hurt me.
Speaker 2: I would just respect if you let me just talk to Jack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say things from an eye, statements always you know I'm feeling her.
Speaker 2: My mum's a teacher and she always says that.
Speaker 1: Mum always said it too. Yeah, because they can't.
Speaker 2: Argue how you feel. You feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you do want to say something, approach it that way. But to be honest, you're not gonna lie to you. This girl won't be your friend for no so you can always just let it go, okay. Dilemma number four. Recently, I visited my friends up in Melbourne for a twenty first birthday. These are the same friends I'd planned to go to b TV with this year. We had booked all the same tickets and everything. Unfortunately, at the twenty first I had too much to drink and potentially we spiked because at the end of the night I was uncontrollably crying and I couldn't feel my legs.
Speaker 2: Fuck, that's so good, that's really scary.
Speaker 1: Luckily, my best friend of two years helped me uber home, get dressed and call someone to pick me up and take me home. Just a good friend. I was so grateful and everything it seemed fine after until yesterday I received a text thirty minutes before my shift. Oh no, same heart would fucking drop.
Speaker 2: I've had that before, and this is the worst fucking feeling.
Speaker 1: Like I got kind of like my situationship like ended up with me before a pilates class. Oh yeah, I was like so fucking sad. Yeah, thirty minutes before my shift saying that I was uninvited from BTV with the friend group.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, way to jump a fucking gun. You haven't even had a conversation with me. Maybe catch up for a coffee with me and talk me through this ability.
Speaker 1: Apologize or apologize. Yeah, okay, And if I wanted to go to BTV, I'd need to find other people to go with it because they don't want to babysit me, bitch. Oh my god. Okay.
Speaker 2: Understanding if it has been multiple occurrence, I don't know if it has for you. You've only kind of said that it's been for the twenty first I understand it. If it is an ongoing occurring incident that you behave like this, which doesn't sound like it has. I get where they do that, and I get that they do that. I think I completely get it. If you're it's an ongoing occurrence.
Speaker 1: I do understand that, but it's also like if they are your friends, maybe I'm having issues with you drinking. Don't say by the way, baby, yes we're your friendship group, but you can't come anymore to something you brought to.
Speaker 2: Think it's for if it was an ongoing occurrence, we don't know from the past. I'm just paying devil's advocate here. If they had one being like you are doing this far too often, you don't like it, they then have the right to go. Actually, no, you're not allowed to come because every single time, for the past six times, you've behaved like that and I don't want to look after you, and.
Speaker 1: I understand that, but I think conversations should be hard with the person first. So hopefully, hopefully it has in saying that it seems like it isn't a long ongoing thing, which in that case is completely unfair. I was shocked because the whole night was so out of the ordinary, and I have been feeling shit about it since it happens.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Text message was super blunt and harsh. I haven't answered it, even though it's coming from the girl I tell everything to and even confided in that night, saying I was already embarrassed. Okay, that's mean. Yeah, do you think it's best to let this friendship go and find some other people to go to b TV with? I can't get over the fact we won't be spending news together.
Speaker 2: Yes, completely, you're twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, friends seem like everything, Yes, But if they're willing to drop you like that you want to have a good night, clearly they're on edge about something. And I just feel like, even if you apologized and they went, oh, okay, sure you can come, like it's their fucking like, they get it right to say whether you can come or not. But I think you're gonna feel unwanted out of place, which is not fair. But I'm saying for your new year's plans, I think it's actually gonna be worth finding something different around a group of people that haven't made you feel that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't even have to go to BTV with people that are that close to you. It's such a fun environment. You end up getting so close to people that you didn't necessarily initially think you were that close with. Like the first year I didn't go with girls that I was overly closest and we had the best time. Like find a little girl. Group less is more, especially in BTV, because three girls, Yeah, that's the best. That's the most ideal. Three four girls, girls that you don't even think you're that close with, Like you have fun no matter what.
Speaker 1: Most of the time at festivals, I've ended up being like buddy, like I'll like pick a girl to hang out with, and you kind of do everything together with like a girl I'm like not that close with all. Yeah, you'll have so much fun. I'd say in regards to the response, just be like, hey, sorry to hear you feeling that way. That really upsets me. But no worries, Like, don't give them ammunition to say anything mean back to you, because it's a fragile situation. I'd say, if that is your friend, maybe even give her a call, be like, where did this come from?
Speaker 2: I'm defending me, like the girl that drove you home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and see how it plays out. But if it does work out in the sense that you aren't going to be going to be TV with them, I promise you it won't be for It'll be for the best and you'll have more fun than being around girls that have made you feel not wanted, because I feel like those always end up being the most challenging times where you're just trying to have fun but you just don't feel wanted. That's really really hard, and then.
Speaker 2: You end up having a shit time. It's not worth you, and it's also not worth you groveling at shit. Try to pull it straight, to try to convince them as to why they want to go with you, Like, fuck off.
Speaker 1: I'll bring my value to someone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I say, I'm going to bring my vibrator.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she can do that too.
Speaker 2: You can fucking have yourself a little.
Speaker 1: Don't use your vibrator at BTVM kind of dirty and the tents don't like It's just I just don't.
Speaker 2: I just hey, you're in.
Speaker 1: A small girl group. You can go find a fun group of guys and you can hang out with them. You never know, you might not need a vibrator in your tent.
Speaker 2: Maybe I hope you don't have sex BTV.
Speaker 1: That's kind of you're going to have sex at festival. You'll have sex in the first night, oh yeah, any night after that. And your feet was just far too dirty. It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't get out of my head.
Speaker 1: I've just heard the horror stories about like friends and their boyfriends like sleeping together and apparently the tent just like oh yeah, and there's no airflow, no, and it just makes me ill. So I've always just thought first night, first night, or nothing, you know, or just way two year. It's not that deep. It's really not that deep. Have a new US, kids and put yourself to bed with your friends. How about that? Stay safe?
Speaker 2: Hi girls love the pod and I mean desperate need for help, Well go the right place. I'm currently finishing year twelve with all the high school stresses, including my decision not to have a relationship during this year. I have never had a serious relationship, so this idea has always been dawting but exciting for me. There's this guy, let's call him Paul, who I've always had a thing for. Good looking full yeah interesting, such an unusual name joke. Yeah, good looking. And we've been on and off talking for around a year now.
Speaker 1: Right, so she's been seeing people, she just hasn't done the watah and she's just been talking to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, We've never really talked or given a serious go until around three months ago. We've hooked up a few times and since we've gotten really closest friends. Friends don't hook up. But yeah, personally I don't hook up.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I think kiss we're taking. I was taking hook up a sex. Okay, we'll go with sex, but I think it actually might be kissed.
Speaker 2: I think it's kiss. From here, it's kiss. His friends also don't hold.
Speaker 1: I was thinking some people consider hook up like hangout, like we hooked up like we hung out.
Speaker 2: No, No one said that, No, No, okay, burgin Mary.
Speaker 1: My hookups in high school were hanging out. Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, so if you think is he's experienced, take that, take that back.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: We've hooked up a few times and since we've gone really close as friends. He needed a place to stay one night and I was house sitting. I said, yes, as fine, you can come over. As someone who avoids seeing people, this was a huge deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had only thought of it as friends, as we hadn't been more than friends in ages. After talking that night, I had changed my perspective on him. We had gotten so much closer and had been talking and seeing each other for a while. Now he wants a relationship, but I don't know what to do. I'm going to school as soon and I wanted to wait until after then, but obviously this sounds like I would want to get with other people, which to him is a make or break. He's one of those guys that's taken majority of my firsts Oh so they have.
Speaker 1: Hooked up, Well yeah, unless it's everything, but.
Speaker 2: The majority of my first meeting my parents, driving around, dates, et cetera. So I'm feeling stuck on what to do now. I don't want to lead him one because I truly like him a lot more than I thought I would. But I also don't want a boyfriend on schoolies in Bali, as I want it to be a girls trip, not have the stress about what he's doing or being with the whole time. I would love some advice and where to go and know your point of view on this stitch.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say, don't enter into a relationship unless you want to. Don't say yes to being boyfriend and girlfriend unless you want to. Just yeah, no, I just more so for the sake of I'm not saying he's asking you out before school is because he wants you know, life is easier of you just know that the person you're seeing is your boyfriend and they're not going to do anything, and it's all good and fine. But I think what's the harmon just waiting that week saying to him, Look, I.
Speaker 2: Have a completely different perspective of you and this.
Speaker 1: I just think, don't say yes to being in a relationship unless you are ready and you really really want it.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he's He hasn't asked her, do you want to be my girlfriend? I thought, no, he hasn't said that. He was like, I don't know because I don't want to lead him on. But she's saying it could get to the stage or that he's going to ask him to be the boyfriend, but.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be great, wait till he gets to that stage.
Speaker 2: I just think you need to like not think so much into it and like having a boyfriend. Like if someone said, oh, I don't want to have a boyfriend on school is it kind of hints that you just like want to hook up with him, That is, you don't like them enough to want to be in a relationship. School is you can be in a relationship and have it as you said you wanted it to be a girl's trip. It can still be a girl's trip even if you have a boyfriend. You could still have fun, You can still go out, you can still have all your friends. You've just got a boyfriend at home that you just don't want to hook up with other people, Like a boyfriend shouldn't interfere with your life the way that you're making it out that it is going to, and it shouldn't inherent in your life.
Speaker 1: You don't want to hook up with anyone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it benefited you know what I mean. He seems to be doing everything nice for you. He seems to be doing all the right things like I have. There's no reason as to why you shouldn't. And you do say you like him, like, I just don't understand why you would.
Speaker 1: I do stand by, Like it's if you say I want to be single for schools, it's for a reason, and it shows that it's because you want something else. Whether it does or doesn't, that's what he's going to get from it. And I get why he would, Yeah, completely, But I also think don't say yes to a relationship unless you feel ready. And you like this guy, we obviously can't feel how much you like this guy, but like if you feel like and also you don't have to marry the guy, you know, you can be your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: For a little Yeah, boyfriends aren't that big of a deal. Relationships should be easy, and relationship should be like a compliment, and like compliment your life. He seems like he's a really nice guy in your life, so like why wouldn't you do?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. We're saying there's no downfall to having him be your boyfriend, no, completely, and if it's not working out, you end it.
Speaker 2: And if it's a healthy relationship, he can go off at schools and do his thing. You can go off it at schools and do your thing, and then you come back together after a week. It's a week of fucking schoolies and you're gonna be a fiends with a fucking jug in your hand, is going to be drinking the girls. Like it's not that big.
Speaker 1: It's it's like, even if he isn't your boyfriend and you did something or he did something, you're just gonna be all the same. You saw like this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it would just make it more It would actually make it more difficult him not being your boyfriend, because it's kind of like, oh, I don't know what he's doing, and if you like him enough, you're still going to be thinking that even if you're not boyfriend and girlfriend at school, he's going to make you. It's going to make you more stressed.
Speaker 1: But you can down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lock him down. I would be locking him down because at the end of the day, if he then fucks up, you go, well, you fucking cheated on me because you're my boyfriend. But then he could do that, Oh but we weren't dating and stuff like that, and that would make you I.
Speaker 1: Just start the relationship off on the wrong foot. He clearly seems to like you, and by the looks of it, doesn't seem like he wants to be doing anything else on school is. So I think if it feels right and you like the guy, there is absolutely no harm in having a boyfriend, especially on school is. It makes no difference period period, per Alright, ew, I'm twenty four.
Speaker 2: I never remind myself, Oh my god, so is he and I like pieced ourselves the other night because I like shard show this TikTok to her. It was like, some people my age are getting married, some people are having babies and I'm volunteering at a duck center in Vietnam to feed the ducks, and I'm like, easy, this is you, And I like an Alas Dullan's his easy age just got engaged when we went.
Speaker 1: To school together, and she's engaged now and I'm like, I'm fucking around in Bali. But you know what, that's fine. It does Actually that weighs on me a little bit. I do think it's like that, yeah, but I also think I'm twenty four, like so fucking young, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like so young?
Speaker 1: Congratulations to people that are taking those milestone steps at this age, but that's not the right way to do things, as either is mine. You know, there's whatever you want to do. So I kind of need I was doing better either, like you're so successful at twenty four. I just need to relinquish the fact that I'm not doing things a certain way, like I don't need to be. I can do it however I want. All right, guys, Well that is it for today's episode. Please, as we said at the beginning, keep sending through those dilemmas that makes life so easy.
Speaker 2: Faust.
Speaker 1: We love hearing about your lives and we will chary to you on say, by the puff off