Speaker 1: Well, Hazy, Our next guest is one of the sweetest, kindest men in entertainment, I have to say, Australian entertainer, comedian, TV personality host, author dad to three boys. Welcome so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me, guys.
Speaker 1: Tell us what you've been up to do?
Speaker 2: You know, just woke up at quarter past five this morning to a racket going on. It's my fault for buying like six hundred Lexus for our house. In each room they just play music all the time. What else has been going on? Oh, you've got a comedy show coming's going on?
Speaker 3: Take us through, Jimmy, So not that kind of viral tour.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it. It's just me bringing the videos that you see online to the stage. Now. Look in my videos, I talk to myself in multiple different forms, so bringing that to the stage not that easy.
Speaker 3: Just on that as well. You do such an unbelievable job. You'd almost call them split personalities. How was that whole idea and concept born?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just born out of different situations. You know. I always always been interested in media and a video and like, I've just spent ten years on a kid TV show and it's always what I've wanted to do so. When the pandemic hit in twenty twenty and I had zero work, I had to start doing something. So I picked up my phone, picked up a camera and started recording myself. And then, yeah, a couple of those sort of videos we see me talking to myself is just how was I supposed to get this point across of Instead of just doing it one person, you know, and just reading it out or whatever that I thought, you create some two characters talking to yourself and try and fool people into thinking it was two people by putting on a pair of glasses, right, and it's like Superman.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so clever. Jimmy. I have to ask you. You're the dad to three boys, right, I'm the mom to four girls. How do you make boys?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you do it upside down or something? I don't know. My one boy says for me, it's my fault because I'm one of three boys and my older brother has three boys also. So what you need to do is you need to partner up with the race, right you go?
Speaker 3: Okay, Jimmy, I love your Instagram and look it's I mean, it's its own company. Itself for almost five hundred thousand followers at Jimmy Reese underscore what we do love as well and what we've all connected with in South Australia. Is you taking the absolute piss out of Adelaide and South Australia in general. We'll play a little bit here.
Speaker 2: Hey mate, looking getting to Adelaide? Are you okay answer these questions?
Speaker 1: You'll be there in no time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thanks? What's the most common blood type in Adelaide? Schurez? Correct? What is the only sentence, I repeat, the only sentence an Adelaidian can say to sound sophisticated lance? Chance of a dance? Per chance? Correct? What is the ratio of churches to serial killers one to one?
Speaker 1: Correctly?
Speaker 2: You can't be an Adelaidian without picking up a showback, So I've got you one here. There's a footy in there. There's some ice. Oh sorry, by that nice coffee. There's one ticket to the food and wine and dance and art and food and wine and more food and more wine and art and dance and definitely more wine festival. There's a Heatswood T shirt and some unsolicited wine advice. Oh thanks, mate, heard the coffee is good here I might go straight to the city and get one.
Speaker 3: No one as nailed summed up Adelaide in South Australia better than you have in that video.
Speaker 2: It's always good fun. Oh man, just trying to think of those stupid questions. I sit here laughing at myself and said, it's quite sad. Really. I did get sent though. What are they called fruit shocks streach out there? Yes, yeah, the guys from Men's with a then sent me like a whole box of them, and I was like, oh, this is cool. I tried them, didn't like them.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: What I also did? This might be a Reeze Jane thing as well. The kids thought it was amazing. There was like four hundred little chocolate balls that they were going to get their hands out. They didn't make them.
Speaker 3: Very controversial. See, I completely know what Jimmy's talking about. I'm from New South Wales originally, I've been here for about seventeen years now.
Speaker 2: But don't do it.
Speaker 3: I suppose the question for the outside as is the obsession with what effectively is just a little piece of fruits and chocolate around the outside.
Speaker 1: It's fruit with chocolate on it.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you too?
Speaker 3: What's what's so right with it?
Speaker 2: You know, you're just a bunch of weirdos, That's all we can say.
Speaker 1: Also, what's hook like behind closed doors? Like massive diva?
Speaker 2: How? Oh yeah, complete diva? Yeah, just like I don't even know because he doesn't let me into his dressing room. It's it's not a green room, it's a blue room. Oh that's that's that gets that gets a bit weird, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Hurt?
Speaker 2: About that?
Speaker 3: Jimmy, We've heard it, Jimmy. Thank you so much for your time. The national not that kind of viral too. We can't wait, mate, We're going to get some tickets and all that. Thank you for your time mate, all the best and hopefully we'll chat again really soon.
Speaker 2: Absolutely see you