Speaker 1: Hey guys, just a little bit of a heads up for this episode, we talk and discuss things like self harm, mental health, and eating disorders. If you are at all triggered by this conversation, just head to our show notes for any resources that you may need, or take a breather from this episode and skip to the next one.
Speaker 2: You can reach out to Lifeline Australia on thirteen eleven fourteen if you'd like to talk to someone, and for mob to mob conversations head to one to three yarn.
Speaker 1: All right, your mob, you can welcome to First things first, I'm Brook Blot and my pronouns as she and huh.
Speaker 2: I'm Maddie Mills. My pronouns are he and him. And before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record. And for me, that's the gadigle people of the urination.
Speaker 1: For me, it's the undery people of the cooler nation.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it. I thought that you were about to say, for me, it's the gay people.
Speaker 1: It is pride man Paks. Yeah, it's me. It's the gay community, of the gay community, being gay, gay gay gay, Hay.
Speaker 2: I have downloaded an app that you were using. Want to tell you that I'm I don't let downloaded the sober app.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am sober, which I wish it was like rather than sober, being like I am accountable rather than something like, you know, because it's not always sober from something, you know, like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It feels like such a I don't know, it feels like it's a hard harsh term to use for the like yeah, I don't know, for the.
Speaker 1: Because instead of sober for something, wouldn't you want to feel like you're just more, you know, practicing accountability rather than soberism. Soberism actually a word.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so, but I made it up now it is. But the reason I bring it up is because do you remember when we were at the start of the year and we were talking about some things that we wanted to maybe be a little bit more accountable for. Yeah, and well, so I think we wanted to have, you know, some breaks from certain aspects of our life, and I think yours was you wanted to go celibate.
Speaker 1: You know. Over the years that we've done the podcast, I think one of the trends that I was noticing is you know my relationship aspect not being able to develop deeper connections or more sustainable relationships. You know, it would be like, oh, I'm dating this guy and it goes good like four six weeks and you know, we have like two episodes in there, and then it's like the next month is oh, nah, that's done, like see all move on. And that was a reoccurring pattern. And you know, if you are an avid listener and you have known my journey, you would know and you would notice this pattern with me. And you know, people always say, oh, like I have a time, But it's a pattern. And if you're not aware of it and you're not being self aware, you just keep repeating it. And I just kept repeating this relationship pattern of developing these quick fast connections and then it disintegrating or it being and not what I want because I'm not vetting enough, I'm not developing or like unpacking enough in that first part of the relationship. I'm sort of just rushing into it. And I think, yeah, so I wanted to eliminate some of the factors that do happen in that verse rush and that's you know, a sexual connection. I feel like I value that a lot. In the first instance, that has to be chemistry, has to be intense, and it's like, well, if you remove that, what else is there? And I think that's kind of what I'm unpacking, is removing that aspect, so not rushing in and going for it, maybe just taking it slow. But I have not been dating. I have sort of stopped dating. Uh fuck nos, next month will be different. But I am trying to keep accountable and that's why I download that app of like no dating, you know, meaning like no casual sex or no you know, having sex with someone practicing celibacy, Like I don't like the word celibacy, but it's just the word that you know, we use in the Australian dictionary.
Speaker 2: But yes, okay, do you think that does for your life? Like what improves when you find yourself being accountable to that?
Speaker 1: The thing with me is I'm so accountable to a lot of things, Like I keep myself accountable, like accountable for a certain way I live my life and the way that I work. But when I'm not being accountable to myself in relationships, I neglect my feelings and I neglect some aspects of my life. I kind of get distracted by the rush of like love and intensity and the excitement of you know that. But yeah, I guess I'm not really being accountable to where I'm at in my life, which is just I'm so busy. I don't really think that I can sustain a healthy, functional relationship right now. I don't have the time, and so I have to realize that and I have to break that pattern of thinking that I do. And yeah, I mean there's a lot of other things that I'm keeping accountable for which I probably haven't really shared, which have been also patterns that I've noticed about my life. So the other things that I've given up A coffee, So.
Speaker 2: How do you how does that work? Because I would be I think I'd be a shell of myself if I didn't have a morning coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes i am, but I've replaced it with Marcher, which is a tea which still has caffeine in it, but it's slow releasing and it's not you know. And it's when I look at the coffee aspect, for me, it was an example of success, which is so unusual, like to think, right, It's like every morning I take my dog for a walk and I get that coffee and every day. Every day I get that coffee, I'm like, oh, like I'm living the dream, you know, And I'm reminded, like, oh, I can buy my I can buy a coffee every day, and I have a coffee machine, a perfectly good coffee machine, which I do love the ritual of making a coffee. So I swapped that out and I was like, I will make a march at home. I'll do the ritual which is giving me that same feeling of having that coffee, that success, and then I take my dog for a walk with my marcher and that has been replaced, and that's made me feel much better. It also reduces my anxiety. It reduces how stimulated I am, because we do know that coffee is a stimulant. And at first it was hard, but I've reduced, like you know, I've limited and gradually I'll have a not not now, but I'll go back to having a coffee maybe like once every month or so, because I enjoy it and I want to feel the effect. But yeah, I'm I've also I haven't I want to ask you a question, but I mean I have also stopped drinking, which I'm I'm assuming you know, we'll probably talk to your experience with drinking. But my experience with alcohol hasn't always been a negative thing. Sorry it has been in other people's experiences, but my own, I've just not drank because I just don't really like the taste of alcohol. But as I've gotten older, it's become more of a social thing than really like a thing that I like doing. And I've noticed that I don't like the effect the next day. Yeah, it's all well into you know, fine to be out and having a good time, and I'm all about that creating memories with friends, but it's the next morning that I suffer that I just don't enjoy. So giving that up has yeah, been another I guess breaking in the pattern. The hangovers and I think, like you know.
Speaker 2: Because are the worst, especially as you get older. It's like they just aren't the same anymore. Like I find that as well, like you're borrowing time from tomorrow that you just shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And I think I'm I always just silly. I always just silly things like I'm not into like risk taking or you know, I don't drink so much that I'm risk adverse per se, but I will like I don't know, I will fall over or I will think it's funny to text next, and I think those things are just for me in my eyes the way that I see them. Not anyone would think that, but I just think, oh, I'm better than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I The thing with the accountability app that I'm focusing on is actually alcohol. I think that there's been so many years where alcohol has been a vice for me to forget about things or to numb myself or you know. I started drinking when I was fifteen years old. And yeah, you know, I went to a boarding school where you know, on the weekends you'd go out and you would, you know, go we would go to my friend's house and they would steal their parents' alcohol and we would start drinking. You know, it's around fifteen, sixteen years old, I started drinking. And I feel like I continuously drank from that age until you know, this year, and it as I got older. Unlike you, I actually, you know, the floodgates open for me when I get drunk and when it comes to risk taking behavior, and I feel like it has been an issue for me and it's something that I don't like to sort of hop on about or share that often because I feel there's a shame that comes with it. But I would, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Have to what are you most shame about?
Speaker 2: I think the lack of control? You know, when you talk about when I talk about, you know, what alcohol does for me. I think that it doesn't make you know, it doesn't make me happy. It makes me less aware and.
Speaker 1: And so you feel less in control, which makes you feel.
Speaker 2: I just feel like when I drink, I become a different person. And that person that I become, I'm not it's a happy, go lucky person, but it also is a person who partakes in things that just aren't good for me. And I've continuously done that for years, and it's something that you know, it's quite taboo to talk about because people don't want to talk about, you know, you know, the risk taking behaviors. But for me, I need to be really open and accountable to myself that I would never do some of the things that I do when I'm drunk if I wasn't drinking alcohol. It would be the last thing on my mind, it would, you know, those things that they just don't come into my world unless I'm intoxicated. So I feel like over the years. I've seen that pattern, and I've seen that, you know, I do these things when I'm intoxicated or when I've had a few drinks that are just outside of you know, the world that I want to live in, and so I've stopped drinking. You know, I've had since the start of the year, there's been a bit of a roller coaster ride with sobriety. You know, I have gone, you know, for stints and then I've you know, had my breakout moment where I've gone and had a drink and you know, use the term relapsed but steal. That feels quite harsh for my circumstances. But it's about being honest about it.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and I think you can use any word, but you know, yeah, that's also fun.
Speaker 2: And so the app has helped a lot because and this isn't a sponsored episode of anyone who's like, oh, you know, I am sober. He is not sponsoring us, but they.
Speaker 1: Should keeping us accountable.
Speaker 2: And keeping us accounting.
Speaker 1: I think it's the I don't know, it's just having something like tangible to see and to you and.
Speaker 2: Seeing those days, you know, every day you get on this app and it gives you a notification and you say, yes, I haven't done this today, and it's about, you know, seeing those days pile up. It's actually inspiring and motivating. So for me, I'm loving clicking. You know, I haven't drank today, and I'm not someone who has ever had alcohol at home. So if you think about an alcoholic, you might, you know, see them as someone who has a lot of our cool at home. I've never been anyone who drinks who drink at home, so it's always going out and drinking.
Speaker 1: Well on the opposite that I have so much alcohol at home, like in terms of like cocktail mixes and stuff when my friends ring it over, but I've not touched any of it. Like I only have a drink when I go out and yeah, yeah, like I don't drink. I never have a drink at home.
Speaker 2: So we either I never have a drink of home. Many friends who go home and have a glass of wine or something after work, That's never been my experience. My experience is going getting shit faced with friends in a club and staying out until the sun rises. Like I am an all or nothing type of person, and so if I'm not, you know, if I can't be measured and in control of that part of my life. I'm not going to do it anymore. And it comes down to like what I want to sacrifice for the things I want to achieve, And this, for me, feels like a small sacrifice that is hard work for me. I like going out, I like having fun. I like drinking and feeling, you know, that sense of euphoria on a dance floor and feeling like, you know, tomorrow might not come, so just suck it up tonight, you know, like, yeah, I love that feeling. So it's actually it's a challenge. It's a challenge for me to not partake in that world. But I know that in the long run it's going to be something that is really helpful for what I want to achieve. And it's a small sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. But also it comes down to the cycle. You know, when I go home and I see my nieces and nephews and I think about the life that I had when I was a kid, I want to break the cycle. And if there's one thing that I can do in my life that is going to be like the ultimate trayer, it'll be to you know, to not drink, because that does stop a lot of that vicious cycle that you know, both of us saws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it's very inspiring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I want to bring a kid into the world if I haven't dealt with Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to get like a little bit a personal I feel like this like bit of weight on my chest right now. But I'm just going to you know this this as I guess. So why we started the podcast is to share our experiences, and this episode particularly is I didn't think it'd like really upset me, but and I think having these conversations just really help understand like where I'm at. Yea. So one of the things that I have on my app is you know, alcohol, celidocy, like sex. I'm like not addicted to sex, but like you know, I'm practicing more having more meaningful relationships. So that means like you know, removing that and with the one of the other things that I have a lot of shame around which I'm like dealing with and I'm in therapy for is self harm. And I've been eighteen days from that and I don't like it's not a matter of cutting myself or or you know, I like think a lot of people think self harm is hurting yourself. It is still hurting yourself, but I have a different way of dealing with it. So and I have a lot of shame around it, but I'm just gonna like talk about it because I think this is really important to understand. Is you know, accountability is one thing, but hurting and being vulnerable is another thing too. And so my way of self harm has been for a very long time. And I didn't actually realize it, but was punishing myself and starving myself. And I haven't felt like, you know, I was just accepting that it was a thing that I learned when I was younger. And you know, I talk about food a lot in Big Love and the deprivation of that and not having that. And I didn't realize that I had a real problem until therapy, until unpacking that. And you know, I often if I feel like I haven't deserved this is so upsetting, by the way.
Speaker 2: Take your time, it's fine.
Speaker 1: I just have so much shame around it because I was on the opposite side. When you know, people will girls or everyone talks about eating disorders, I'm like, oh, well, you have a privilege like to have food when you were younger, Like, why would you have an eating disorder? Yeah, where mine has inherently been developed and I didn't know that it was like a Now it's now developed into more of a coping mechanism, but now even more of a punishment. I know that's so complex and I'm still learning time pack it, but yeah, sometimes I will just not eat and sounds that sounds so stupid. But for a long time I could really hide it because I spent a lot of time by myself. I live by myself. I could hide it from friends. And the more sad I get, the more I isolate myself, and the more that I can hide it. And I think in relationships it was really kind of hard. But I would often just blame that I felt sick and say that I felt sick so I wouldn't eat. And so, yeah, I mean I'm in recovery, I guess in terms of you know, like the whole word of like relapsing and recovery. Like that's so scary that tho were those words scare me because I think I'm an addict of some sort, but I'm not. I'm actually just in pain and I'm just hurting and I'm suffering this in silence, and I just want people to know that it's not easy and it's something that I didn't think that I had and having to come to terms with that, feeling like there's something wrong with me. It's it's not Oh, I'm not I'm not okay right now, I'm feeling a lot of shame around it. Yeah, but I know that I'm going to get better for it, and I'm keeping myself accountable in a way that is going to help me and become better and to stop punishing myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, being able to share this and be so open.
Speaker 1: Like shaking right now, Like I'm just I've never really even said that out loud, because.
Speaker 2: I feel really proud of you for sharing this, Like I know that it's really something that's really deep for your you and your life, you know. Yeah, I want you to know that you know you are loved and that this, you know, obviously is something that you have been going through alone. But being able to share this obviously is you know, going to help so many people.
Speaker 1: I just felt like so stupid because like I'm like I look healthy and like I look like I'm well, and I'm you know, I preached like taking care of yourself and like self love and all these things, and I didn't actually realize that I was actually like punishing myself, Like I just thought it was just something I inherited when I was younger, like, oh, that.
Speaker 2: Was just because of your life when you were young, you.
Speaker 1: St do it. And then I just realized that it's a self it's a it's a it's self harm, like I'm doing it to hurt myself, to make my I don't feel better for it, and I feel worse if anything, like who doesn't want to not eat? Like But because I looked all well on the outside, I was like, oh, well, like no one's gonna notice, like who cares.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: I just realized, yeah, it's not yeah, And I guess that's also why I downloaded this app, was to, I guess, keep myself accountable. And the days that you know, that app goes up and the numbers go up, it means that I've eaten for every single day, for eighteen days, every single day, I've had a meal or I've had food or I've had something, and I'm not hiding it from myself or from anyone like people see me eat, I'm not you know, I'm not ashamed to show people that I'm eating, and I'm like, yeah, I eat, But it's the days when I'm by myself that I'm like, oh, well I ate so much yesterday, Like I won't eat today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you feel like, you know, you speak, you write so much about your childhood and feeling that sense of hunger when you're a kid, that that trauma is what's driving this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's something. There's so there's such a complex part of my journey with this, and it comes in different sort of ways. Is that one there was no food in the fridge or cupboard that we could eat, and it was a bit of a survival mentality of you know, and sometimes I wouldn't eat so that my siblings could eat, so that you know, was inherited kind of thing over the years. And then when I got to living with my dad and my stepmom, and you know, I was very nourished, and you know, I had a lot of health problems, and I was also iron deficient, so I have to eat meat and I don't really enjoy red meat, but I eat it just to get iron in. It just always felt like such a slog and I in a way. And then my parents, my stepmom and my dad, you know, they were also very sort of lowsos economic and my stepmom would also make me feel bad for her having to buy red meat in order for me to eat. And so I was like, well, then I don't worry about like I'm fine, like I'll just eat whatever everyone else is eating. And I was meant to mate. I was made to feel bad for that, and then I would. I also felt a lot of shame around my lunches. My lunches were always like, you know, a very stale vegimite sandwich, and all my friends were having these like really gourmet like ham and cheese and like ntella, and I felt kind of shameful around my lunches. So then I would go hide in school with teachers and not eat during the whole day, and then go to follow the dream and then eat there. So as you can imagine this cycle of like with food and you know, having all these other things that I'm dealing with as well, Like I didn't realize it was like such a problem until I actually like isolated that particular issue and looked at it from like a bird's eye view and was like, oh, like this is probably why, and it just made so much sense to why. I kind of con punish myself for it all the time because I felt a lot of shame around it, and then you know, I felt like I did never never wanted to play into this like I have an eating disorder or I'm in recovery for an eating disorder disorder or anything like, but I definitely have like inherently like disordered eating, which is an eating disorder, like and so coming to terms with that and then being like, well, no, like I have money, I can buy food, so therefore I have a privilege so I can eat, you know, like yeah, I mean I'm not a binge eater per se. Like there is BED which is binge eating disorder. I my disordered eating is more of a control thing. And obviously the binge eating is a type of control. And when you talk about control, and I guess you talk about your sobriety, and it's to sort of remain that control you're remaining I guess you're keeping that control because you know the effects of like you know, if you do relapse, per se. I don't like that. But like in quotation relapse. Mine is just like the control is to it does come from a matter of things. It's my weight, it's to punish myself. It's too it's also like inherently like a habit of mine, which is not a very good habit. And then even when I'm even like when I'm more anxious or around, I'm really more sad and stressed, I don't eat. So it's just like having to come to terms with all of those things. And I didn't realize it was like such a problem until I really kind of nutted it out and sat with my you know, in therapy, and I am so grateful for therapy. I'm up to my therapy because you know, I have to do more intensive, more intensive therapy with this, yeah, every week, and we're sort of unpacking that. And then it's about not feeling that shame, but not feeling like to continue not trying to control and to punish myself. If that mixed sense, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this like eighteen days for you? Is that you know the longest time you've sort of been having this happ and seeing that eighteen days, is that the longest time you've sort of been able to I suppose go without punishing yourself in a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, yeah, sometimes I would even blame that if I didn't eat, I'm like, oh, it's a fast But when I look at the how I think about it, being able to hide it and to mask it, and.
Speaker 2: I think, justify it to yourself, I suppose.
Speaker 1: Exactly, And that's kind of what an addiction is as well, and in some way is kind of validating it and being like, oh, like this is what I just do, you know, and masking that and yeah, there were so many different ways that I've masked this to prove that it's okay, and it's actually like no. And then I sort of realized when it's more harmful to me is when yeah, like I just look like nearly faint, like my bloodship my like blood pressure drops and I'm nearly literally passing out and I'm just having to still function and do a day's work living off you know. When That's why I sort of gave up caffeine. I was living off caffeine in the morning. That was my first drink in the morning, which is so bad for your But this is the thing that's so bad for a digestive system to have that so like straight away, and I know that that's bad, but I don't see like not eating bad and I think that's the problem. Well, it's not a problem. It's just something that I'm working through.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, like I mean, it's just like to be like, no, please don't apologize. I mean, it's beautiful to see like that. You you know, you've come to the realization and you're doing the work. And it's obviously like a long term thing, right, it's a long term commitment for you because it's so ingrained in who you are. But it's beautiful to see that you're doing the work. And I feel like for you to be able to identify the issue, like that's a massive thing, like people probably don't get there for a very long time.
Speaker 1: You know. I just haven't openly talked about it because of that shame and you know, stupidly, like I hide it so well.
Speaker 2: Because I'll hide, you know, the things that we don't want the world.
Speaker 1: To see exactly. And I think I just I'm ready to sort of shed that shame and not have to live with it because you know, as we're talking about control, I was thinking about the things that I control, and I control a lot of things to hide them, and I'm just trying to not feel so ashamed about it because you carry that weight and you, honestly it weighs you down. And you come in here and you talk about being proud for Pride Month and then you're like, oh, well, actually, no, I'm not proud of this, and you realize how many things do weigh you down. And I'm just going to be like fucking raw and like honest with it because.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that you are. You know, because I've noticed that lately about myself. The more authentic I can be, the more open, the more vulnerable, and show people, you know, the good, the bad, the ugly, the struggles that wins, the challenges, all of the facets of what makes life so interesting. Being able to actually show all of it and not pick and choose just to show the shiny parts has been so freeing to me. So I hope that, like you feel after today, being able to share this like that there's a sense of relief for you because you deserve that relief. This isn't something that you should have to go through by yourself.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I have been isolating myself with this particular issue because I didn't want it to feel like I was some This is my own like projection of myself, which is really negative. But I'm working on that as well as to have more positive self talk. And I think, you know, I'm realizing that I never felt like I was enough in a lot of ways, and so I'm just constantly telling myself, like, I am enough, and you know, I am emotional, and you just own that and you just take that and you just accept that about yourself because I think, you know, for a long time, I was always there for other people and I was always showing up for other people. But right now, in this moment and the last you know, a few years, I haven't really shown up for myself. And I think that's what therapy has taught me, is that in order again to love other people and to be there for other people, we have to be there for yourself. And I always preach that, but I never really felt that. And so unpacking all of these, you know, things that I never thought I had a problem with is hard. It is raw, and it's fucking you're in the trenches and you're in the mud pit of it all. But I know that it's going to clear out and I'm gonna, you know, feel much better for it. And I think everyone just kind of pictures that I would have this very fucking glamorous life and I'm like, well, no, I still have my fucking struggles too, you know, Like yeah, just because I fucking wrote a book about it, and I'm like, oh, I'm so cathartic, it doesn't mean that I have to not deal with any of that stuff still to this day. Like, you know, we we hold a lot of shame in our communities, and I'm fucking sick of it. Like I'm sick of us having to like carry out this this carry this weight of all of this stuff. Like when do you shed that? Like when you know and you you can't just wake up one day and it all be gone. You've got to put in the work. You've got to keep it, you know, keep yourself accountable, and you've got to be raw and honor that as well, like take the time to do it, but honor that time and honor that journey of doing it, because it's fucking messy. Yeah, but you can't just hope that it's going to change overnight, like it's really not. And that's what I'm learning is that I'm usually one to be like, Okay, I'm fixed now, but I'm like, I'm like, no, this is so much harder when I tell you it's so fucking expensive too. Like the fact that you know, mental health is like one of our huges living the things that we live with, and we're in such a crisis with that. It's just like goes to show like how much more people need help with this sort of things, and that it's so complex to the individual and we're all on a fucking journey, but we're not like seeing or feeling heard or having resources to even feel that as well, Like, yeah, we lack that in Australia, like well in any country to be fair, what the fuck is going on with the world? Yeah, And you know you don't want to be like, oh, really sad because I'm not eating and then just people fucking ying dying in Gaza and you're like, oh, like but no, like that's what you can't do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't think like that your your problems or your problems and perspective, yes, is something, but when it comes to your own day to day life and how you feel and how you live and the challenges of us you don't need to say that they're not a challenge because they don't trump someone else's challenge, you know. Yeah, I think that we all face our own hurdles and challenges and they're unique to us and they're important to us. So but yeah, thank you so much for sharing. Like I feel people who are listening to this hearing that that's going to really help people feel less.
Speaker 1: Alone, I hope. So, I mean, whatever your situation is, and whatever your scenario is, like you know, whether it's beating you know, or having you know, challenging sobriety and or overcoming that or or addiction or just you know, being vulnerable with your feelings. Like, I just think it's such we don't we don't have that much time on this earth as it is. Why why yeah, why spend it time carrying this weight or this load every day when yeah, I mean I'm still in the trenches right now. I'm going to acknowledge like that that's where I am. You know. Obviously I can come into work and I can put my mask on and do whatever I need to do and you know, be happy brook and you know, go to school and you know, perform and be active and but that's this is the thing that I'm carrying shame around at the moment, and you know, I'm working through it, but I know that I will get through it. And I think that's the thing is that you have to be really quite hopeful and just appreciate the journey that you're on and be patient with yourself. I might relapse, but I know that I can you know, start again and I can beat this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the thing is we are both up against things that are really a part of our lineage personal to us. Yeah, I have been you know handed down to us. There traumas that you know we face because of our you know, really tough childhood, you know, alcoholism in my family, both sides. And know that it's a really big obstacle for me, and I need to get through it and work towards it, you know, one brick at a time, but hopefully build that wall up where I don't need that anymore and don't look for it. But with you, you know, this is obviously an experience that you had as a kid that has stuck with you and it's it's you know, it's intergenerational. So it's like we're working on breaking that cycle. So our kids don't have to deal with it exactly. Yeah, and I love that. That's takes a champion. So that's how I say, Yes, you're a champion and you're going to get through this.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I think the best thing that I've I'm trying to like practice is just telling myself that you are enough, and I think that about you, like, you know, we want to work towards to clear all this shit, to inherit, you know, make out hopefully our children are brought up in a much healthier, healed way, but also to acknowledge that you know, you are enough as you are, and you know, if you do have children, like, they're going to love your regardless and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and life is good because of the good and the bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. It really is sh it to appreciate the good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, contrast is everything. And if we didn't have the challenges, we wouldn't be resilient and strong people. So, you know what, we are strong enough to get through the challenges. That's why we've been given them. Exactly. We'll keep on keep on tracking along and keep on being accountable to ourselves and check.
Speaker 1: Life is goodner, life is sometimes you know what, but just like you just flushing in the next yeahs strong, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: So much, No, thank you, thank you for being so vulnerable.
Speaker 1: I guess just thank you so much for listening and being on this journey with our podcast or even just us and our journeys together. I think, you know, I think the best thing that we show and represent is also just a very stable friendship that we can rely on one another and hold that space. And I think if you are a listener and you do feel that and or you haven't got someone that you feel like you can go to, just know that you can reach out to us as well. And you know there's so much you know, there's so many resources and help out there as well. So if I've said anything that has like triggered or you know, made you feel like a certain way, yeah, we can put some resources in the show notes for you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and if you you know, are facing difficulties or want to speak to someone, you can reach out to Lifeline at thirteen eleven fourteen, or you can chat to mob specific you know, workers at one three yarn. Yeah, that's a really good hotline that you can call if your mob and you'll be chatting to someone who's from the community, who you.
Speaker 1: Know, and there's no shame in that. I mean I have called them at times in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you know that one three Yarn is actually a part of Lifeline?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 2: Actually I didn't know that, but I was speaking to the CEO of Lifeline and they said, yep, there's you know, sixty employees who are mob who sort of run the one three Yarn section of Lifeline or by themselves. It's very self determined the framework. So yeah, super awesome. So yeah, I'll always reached out if you need help. You're never alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, all right, and we'll see you next episode.
Speaker 2: Guys, take care of yourself SMO.