Speaker 1: Yell, yell, hello to you, and you've been score listening to our podcast. It's melan monkey yet cheeky donkey. Hi everyone, you look really pretty today.
Speaker 2: Thanks, it's my ring light.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not you alway. You never We've talked about this before. You can never take your compliment. Your hair's grown a lot.
Speaker 2: But you know what you know, one day you wake up and you think, oh, my hair looks long. It's like overnight, it feels like it grew.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for that. I want to grow mine really long.
Speaker 2: It's so dead. God, your hair was so long for so long.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it? And then I got really sick of it. And then I cut it to like below my ears, and I fucking hated it. And now it's just below my shoulders. I don't mind this length, but I'm going to keep growing it.
Speaker 2: I like your hair short, though, too, do you?
Speaker 1: I just do know what to do with My regrowth is so bad that it's soon it's going to be half ahead of black and half ahead of white blonde.
Speaker 2: Would you just go back to brown?
Speaker 1: I think I will, but with some I think I want to belllyarch again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do that bit of lightness on the end.
Speaker 1: And a bit of lightness on the end and around the fringe area.
Speaker 2: Yes, who cares what it looks like at the back? I can't see that. No.
Speaker 1: I do just like the deadness that blonde gives you, because yeah, your volume where brown hair is too healthy for me, and I like a bit of rolley.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: So let's discuss the shortage of the biscuit.
Speaker 2: Oh, people are outraged. And when I say people, I don't mean to be ages, but I feel like it would be a certain demographic here. There's apparently a shortage of Ernot's Niece biscuits.
Speaker 1: Can you just talk me through the visual of the nie because I can't picture it properly.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the niece would be in your family assorted? Which is the Povo value pack? Right, it's got the chocolate ripple and shit like that. I think gets like the rectangle one.
Speaker 1: With sugar on sugar on it? Got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was wondering if it was that one or if it was the oval shaped one.
Speaker 2: No, that's multi No, that's not multimilk, that's.
Speaker 1: Multo Milk's yummy. That's the thin rectangle one.
Speaker 2: I would never eat a multo milk.
Speaker 1: Oh, neither would I. But if it's there, I would dunk it into a cup of tea.
Speaker 2: Oh you're thinking of granita. I think that's what the oval one is. Is that what the oval one is?
Speaker 1: Don't know what that over one is.
Speaker 2: So all those biscuits remind me of like those rusks you'd give your babies when they.
Speaker 1: Were yes, or like a just Apollo office. Yeah, you can't have the creams. The creams are a dollar extra. So we're just getting the family.
Speaker 2: What ingredients are in that biscuit that there's a shortage? Would it just be like whole wheat a fuck ton of sugar? Like?
Speaker 1: Yes, guess what happened the other day when we got grilled? What no chips? No shortage of chips? I'm like, it's fucking potato. Mate out the back and cut it yourself.
Speaker 2: Or make or make some chemically derived potatoes. I don't care what it is.
Speaker 1: Put a fucking sand boys in batter and fry it some thing for a potatoes. I couldn't. My sister came home and said they he had sweet potato chips. I'm suok it.
Speaker 2: Well, this is where I'm going with it. Because I started to think what short food shortage will really get you into a tears, Like that's one of my staple foods, Now I can't get it. So you'd say potato, A hot chip is undeniably my most favorite food. Like, yes, someone said you could never eat a hot chip again, I would be in like odd wear black for a year. I've been fully right.
Speaker 1: I don't think I love anything that much that I would be that devastated. I feel like I could find a replacement for nearly everything. Oh, look like a hot chip is so so divine, There's there's no denying it. I've got a friend who's not in top chips. I've actually got two friends who aren't in chaps, and they're psychopaths.
Speaker 2: You know what else is a psycho move? Like my brother will have say he gets a burger and chips, you'll eat his chips first, then he's burger. That's right, I said to him, that's that's wrong. Don't you need the perfect mouthful of like chip to burger ratio?
Speaker 1: Yes, you go, you do it at the same time, or you do the burger then the chips.
Speaker 2: No, they can't be it. How do you eat them separately? I'm not even into my kids and my husband put chips in their burger. Yeah, no, it's not the same. It has to be just And then you've got to work out the calculation. How many chips do I have left to burger? And I also I always have to finish on chips, So like you've.
Speaker 1: Got to finish on chips, I could do. I would do the burger and have some chips at the same time as the burger. Yes, I would always finish with chips, Always leave some chips, always leave some chips. But I do like putting some chips into the burger. I think that's great. I'm so for a burger right now.
Speaker 2: It's hard to find a good burger.
Speaker 1: Because it's hard to find a burger.
Speaker 2: It is because everyone's got their thing they like. Yeah, it's got to be a real thin paddy for me, Like I think places like to pump up. Look how massive be our meat patty is? I want that shit fucking so thin that I don't even realize I'm eating meat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so like a MACS burger.
Speaker 2: No very no, like are they called smash burgers. I don't know where they've put them on the grill. And they can pull like some cast iron shit. Yeah, it's like I don't want to taste the meat.
Speaker 1: Do you like a bre or?
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't, it's too sweet. Just a bread roll, yeah, or just like an old fashioned you know what my idea is, which you can't get anymore really, but like from your childhood, a fish and chip shop burger yeah okay, yes, the plain role with the sesame seeds on top. Nothing fancy, yeah, fresh lettuce. You know, almost all the food groups are represented there, aren't they They are?
Speaker 1: So what would your one item be though that if there was a shortage, mine would probably be jam?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yours would definitely be jam. You love jam?
Speaker 1: Or I love jam?
Speaker 2: Oh god? You know it made me really look at how bad my diety is. I did have potatoes and hot chips, but then I had chocolate. I ate a fuck ton of chocolate.
Speaker 1: Dark chocolate.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, like I don't have a lot of dark chocolate because no one else eats it, which doesn't really matter because I fucking pound through that shit before anyone even has a chance to eat it.
Speaker 1: You were eating some before. What was that a kit cat?
Speaker 2: That was a kit cat from the fridge a.
Speaker 1: K chunky too, I thought was thicker than kit cat.
Speaker 2: No, it was KitKat milo, which is disappointing, but Mark bought it. I mean, beggars can't be choosers. Kick cats on special savoys and parmesan cheese the two things I eat like. Mark brings home parmesan cheese like he'll grate it, but then he also brings at home like in it, you know, in a block, and it's cut chunks out of that shit. Need it with savoids very sharp.
Speaker 1: The parmesan. I go cheddar over parmesan on the savoyd.
Speaker 2: And Parmesan's really not great for the breath, like it's an eat and then brush your teeth situation because parmesan is pungent. It tastes like you've got dirty socks in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, why do you like it?
Speaker 2: Then if it tastes like I like the taste of it, I don't like the aftertaste. And then you know, you talk to someone and you think, fuck, yeah.
Speaker 1: A savoids good. I don't need a savoyd very often. I really like. My go to snack is one of those mountain raps, those thin mountain wraps with peanut butter jam on it, and then sometimes I'll put some berries in there or some banana in there.
Speaker 2: It's weird that sounds like a health food to.
Speaker 1: Me, does it? I mean a lot of jam, which is just sugar and peanut butter. There's nothing puppy about that, and then just a piece of fucking cardboard I wrap around it. Basically, it's just so easy and it's there, you guys, Thot I used to love so much and I wouldn't be able to live without is olive dips, Sam and I used to go through that many olive dips. But the yumis or olive dip that it's changed. It's changed, They've changed it somehow, and it's nowhere near as good.
Speaker 2: This is a real bugbear of mine. Like any product that starts amazing, then it grows, it gets a following, it gets too big for its breeches, and it changes something to cut costs because people get greedy, and then it's shit.
Speaker 1: It's shit. It's so nowhere near as good. Like there used to be chunks of olives in their green olives. Yes, it's a really really thinly chopped yeah, you know what, it's we notice the difference.
Speaker 2: No, because I haven't got it. I haven't gotten it for ages.
Speaker 1: We'll get it and see if you can tell the difference, because that's been a staple in our house and over time it's changed and I won't even go there anymore.
Speaker 2: I won't know what. No, I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: No thanks. I don't like when they change things or they should stay. This is now going to be really different because we're trying to cut costs and you're not going to like it as much, but still purchase it if you want, Like I want a real disclaimer there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't blame your sister. I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: I am embarrassing for no reason. This happened to me the other week. Had some friends up from Melbourne and I love them, but we don't hang out like this is the first time we've hung out outside of work situation. Ah, you know what I mean. You know, when you take it to the next level and you're like, yes, hey, we should go out for dinner or we should go out for drinks. So we hadn't done this before and they were up on holidays, three of them. They're fucking awesome. But I was like, okay, I'll come and meet you for a coffee. And I was on my way to meet them, and then she wrote back, can you just give us half hour at a pack because they were leaving that day. I was already in Malay. So I get to the destination and I just sit in the car for fifteen And I was embarrassed because you're sitting in the car for no reason when you're really early and you're waiting for others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the feeling of desperation. Maybe it is.
Speaker 1: I've messaged my friend Kes and I'm like, I'm sitting in the car waiting. She's like, I can't deal with that. I don't want to hear anymore. And because then I look at the time and I'm like, it's socially acceptable for me to now get out of the car and go and say, do you find it embarrassing waiting? Just waiting for people in general, like sitting at a table, waiting for somebody empassing.
Speaker 2: Sitting in the car. I don't have an issue with because I'm like, oh, I'll just sit on my phone for a bit.
Speaker 1: The same I did that, But I also was conscious and I'm like, imagine they walked past that would look weird.
Speaker 2: Being the first at like at a restaurant and something is weird, But then it's equally as weird when you walk in and then you see them there, and then like the person that comes up to you like to see if you need a table, you got to do the whole Oh that's okay, I can see my person there or whatever. Like that interaction is embarrassing for that reason to me as well, like it's okay, on your way, I don't need you, I can see my I can see my poking over there.
Speaker 1: You know what else is embarrassing for no reason. The other day, I went and dropped some food off to a friend's house, and it was nighttime. They got quite a long driveway, and I didn't drive all the way down the driveway because then I would have had to reverse back. So I stood at like, I'm not sure, I was in the car waiting, and I had my lights on, and so when she walked out that is it was like a runway, and what do you do? So she just did a little dance in the light, and I'm like, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Walking out to a car that's waiting to pick you up is so embarrassing. At night with the headlights on, because there's the added embarrassment. You know, they can see you perfectly, but you you kind by the light, you can't see them, so it's like all eyes on you. It's so funny being given a gift. Yeah, in general is embarrassing for no reason. Yeah. And also etiquette things. If someone comes to you house and brings a bottle of wine, are you meant to open that bottle or are you meant to open what is if someone knows the answer to that, please get in touch because I want to know that it might if.
Speaker 1: You've got one open. Also, what if it's like it, well, this isn't a boozy night, We've already got a couple of bottles open. We're gonna have some beers, so we're not getting to your wine. They might have chosen wine that they want to drink too, Like you're meant to open it straight away or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, well we don't have people over now, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know if it's not someone close. Giving condolences always feels really uncomfortable to me, like to say I'm sorry for your loses.
Speaker 1: That's universally uncomfortable, like because when somebody dies it's fucking hideous.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, Mark. Mark tells his story when he was a kid and they went to a funeral and his parents had said, now, you know, because the wogs. I don't know if this is a wog thing. I think it is. They do like a condolence line, so the main family members stand in a line.
Speaker 1: Yes, and my god, I went to my friend who's Macedonian her dad's wedding, and you go along and you see, Sorry.
Speaker 2: What did I say for dad's wedding?
Speaker 1: Oh? The funeral and we all wind up like it took like an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's horrible.
Speaker 1: You've got to say something. I remember saying to the brother, I'm really proud of you.
Speaker 2: I mean, were you proud of it?
Speaker 1: I overthought it too much. I was in year twelve. I dodn't know what the fuck to say.
Speaker 2: This is what I mean. It's an uncomfortable thing. When it's someone who's not super close, it's uncomfortable to know what to say.
Speaker 1: And also i'm sorry feels a bit.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry feels like not the right thing to And then what do you respond with, Like if something bad has happened or whatever, and someone says, i'm sorry to hear that. I don't know if you say that's okay, thank you. What's the response to i'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, because then they're consoling I'm sorry to hear that. But then you've got to make them feel okay about it.
Speaker 2: When when Mark was little, they went to a funeral and his parents had said to him, so, you know, you say I'm sorry, don't forget to say I'm sorry. Whatever, he goes, why I didn't kill her.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's true what you say, like you're sorry that you're sorry that they're feeling that way.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for your loss.
Speaker 1: It just feels redundant.
Speaker 2: It feels scripted.
Speaker 1: It's scripted. Yes, it should just.
Speaker 2: Be like a netbook call out, like here if you need here, if you need here, if you need like a good wind, defance just from.
Speaker 1: The pew, not walking down there. Did you have to do that for your dad's funeral?
Speaker 2: We did, but we broke massive tradition, which really fucking pissed a lot of people off. But I'm so grateful my mum protected us. Usually what they do is this thing called a look tool, which is like everyone goes back to the family's house and you've got like a house full full full of people and everyone just sort of sits there. It's like almost like there's lots of quiet morning. Someone will c every now and then it's just it's fucked wow. After my dad's funeral, my mum, which is a very ballsy move. It seems like something small, but it was really breaking tradition. She got the funeral people to say, like basically, we wanted to be left alone, just the five of us, like as in my immediate family and our partners went back to mum's house and we did not open the door.
Speaker 1: We just said, so was there no wake at all?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Nothing?
Speaker 1: But it was really fucking all kind it was.
Speaker 2: But my god, I was so grateful that she did that because I think we needed it. I could. I think some people need to be around people. But I just remember not wanting to hear be strong. You know, things happened for a reason. He's in a better place. I didn't want to hear any of that. I just wanted to be with the people who felt it like I did.
Speaker 1: Because it's so You're so right, because all of that is for really everyone else after my past funeral, like we had it at which they're hideous when you have it at the funeral parlor, and then everyone just was having a cup of tea in the room next door to it. And then everyone was going back to my uncle's and I said to mom, I can't go back, Like I just can't do anymore because it is it's like the family is everyone wants to say something to you, which is lovely, but they're obliged to say something, and it's just it was too much for me. I'm like, I actually can't do it. I do not have the energy for this. Yeah, that's pretty full on.
Speaker 2: Your mum did that though, Yeah, it was full on. But it's also like I think sometimes when it's someone who's really old, it can feel even though you're like devastated, it can feel more like a celebration because they've lived. But I think, like my dad was only fifty four, there was no celebrate like there was. You couldn't look at it through any other prism other than this is a fund.
Speaker 1: This is fucked if you know you're so young, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, moving on, let's.
Speaker 1: Go get off track so much. Rachel listens to our podcast, said, you know what's really embarrassing for no reason walking backwards after bowling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: You go up and bowl and then you're walking back with.
Speaker 2: You again, it's all eyes on you.
Speaker 1: Bowling is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Full stop bowling is embarrassing. And it's also like, if you get a strike.
Speaker 1: Right, how do you perform?
Speaker 2: Are you walking back with confidence like fuck yeah? Or are you sort of like being really reserved, like yeah, you know, you don't want to show off, but you know you're great. I would be the other one.
Speaker 1: It's a bit like the car headlights. It's like, what are you going to do? All eyes are on you, spotlights on you? How you're going to perform? Sam said the other day, this is embarrassing. For no reason. We're throwing, like just decluttering a fair bit of stuff and out the front. He put the stuff and he put a sign saying free. And then the next day after stuff was still there, He's like, that's the embarrassing. I'm like, yeah, it's so embarrassing when this free stuff. You put free stuff out there and no one takes it.
Speaker 2: You know what's more embarrassing doing that? I couldn't do it. I don't even if it was like the best thing, I would be so in my head, imagine someone I knew saw me taking some random shet off someone's lawn.
Speaker 1: Oh I know. I once was driving and saw a kid's basketball hoop, a little plastic basketball hoop. And I was driving and I saw it, and I'm like, that would be really good for the boys when they were little. And I stopped the car and You've never seen this fucking run faster in my whole life. And then I couldn't get the fucking thing in the boot, so I'm trying to ram it in there, and I was swating like a pig.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, awful. The people inside probably just sitting peeking through look at this fucking scab.
Speaker 1: Car.
Speaker 2: Speaking of scabs, I feel like I've told you this story before, but I just said it to my sister the other day and it reminded me. It was like my probably my most embarrassing parenting moment where I felt so ashamed of myself. My daughter and I had been at the supermarket and I, like a good citizen, took my trolley back to the trolley.
Speaker 1: Baby right going to heaven and you.
Speaker 2: Know, sometimes it's like, you know, the trolley doesn't fit in with the other trolleys or whatever, so you can't get your coin back. And I was like, fuck that, I put two bucks in whatever. I walked off. We got into the car and I looked over at the trolley bay and there was this guy, you know, looked a bit disheveled or whatever. And I said to my daughter, look at this fucking scumbag. He's going to take my two bucks. Look down to do something. Heard and knock at my window. It was that man saying to me, here's your two dollar coin. I was like, oh my god, thank you, thank you, And then I rolled up my window. How old am I fucking? I put up the window and I said to my daughter, this is one of those moments where I'm an asshole, and I want you to see and pay attention to what a piece of shit your mother is. I felt, you know, I couldn't get past that. For about two weeks.
Speaker 1: I just kept saying fair. I know, judged him by You can't judge a book by its cover, you can't.
Speaker 2: But he did look he did look like he probably needed that two bucks.
Speaker 1: And then ship to him there.
Speaker 2: But you can't say how offensive if I had.
Speaker 1: To sit down.
Speaker 2: You can keep it if you want, because you look like you can't fucking afford shooes. It's hard because then what do you say?
Speaker 1: I know, you know there was no there was no winners in that situation except for him, who was doing a lovely.
Speaker 2: Thing I know, and hopefully he got good karma for that, and I'm probably still paying for the bad karma on that. That's what I'm like, fucking misery.
Speaker 1: On that note, let's get out here. So good everyone. Thanks for listening like I always so, Please give us a rating wherever you listen to our podcast or share with you buddies. We have a Patreon where do an extra podcast there every couple of weeks and it starts about five bucks a month. Just help us to go to the Running of the Odd and yes, hit us up anytime we love hearing something showing Timeline Chuck Now, Love yous