Speaker 1: Oh, good morning everybody. Welcome to the You Project.
Speaker 2: Patrick Jones, Bonillo, Tiffany and Cook, and the Wonder Dog Fritz has joined us. He probably won't be contributing a lot towards the show, but just know that he is here and he does.
Speaker 1: Love you all. Good morning, Patrick, Good morning, Craigo.
Speaker 2: How is?
Speaker 1: How is the Wonder Dog in question?
Speaker 3: I think I sent TIPI fight. I don't know if I sent it to you, but I've put him into Christmas garb the other day, which included a kind of this fuzzy thing that goes around his necks with bells on it, and a little Santa outfit and he most miserable looking dog you've ever seen?
Speaker 1: Did I send it to you? Tiff?
Speaker 4: Yes, she did.
Speaker 3: How grumpy did he? That's grumpy Santa cute? He looks cute and grumpy.
Speaker 1: It was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I really don't think you're taking into account his feelings or emotions. I think you're imposing, you know, your values on him.
Speaker 1: I don't have any values.
Speaker 3: Maybe I need to have a long, long talk to the RSPCA to see about the effica of you dressing your dog up in Christmas outfits at least I don't put reindeer is well.
Speaker 1: I tried to put reindeer ears on him, but they kept falling off.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. It's so funny. Who sent me a message the other day, Tommy, Tommy Jacket's wife, Amy Hucker, the lovely Amy.
Speaker 1: She sent me.
Speaker 2: She sent me a you've probably seen him. You know those videos of soldiers coming home from somewhere and their dogs see them. Yeah, and it's always the same where the dog doesn't kind of recognize them straight up. I don't know if that's a vision thing. But then they smell them and they go nuts. And then she said to me, send this to Gillespo, because you know how Gillespo says that dogs don't feel anything and dogs don't have emotion and don't yeah, yeah, yeah, He's like, dogs don't love you, Dogs can't love dogs don't have emotions. And he's been very popular Gillespo until he said that. And then about about two hundred people, one hundred and ninety five of them women came out of the woodwork, going, fuck you, you don't know anything. Dogs have feelings. Dogs love us. I love them, they love us. So anyway, yeah, Amy shout out to Amy and Tommy.
Speaker 3: There's a bit of anthropomorphizing I think we like to do with our pets.
Speaker 1: But you know, Fritz had a choice.
Speaker 3: He could have gone outside, he could have gone into the big area of the studio, but he wanted to sit here on my lap.
Speaker 1: What does that say, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe, well, no, I don't know. Yeah, it's funny because we look through our human lens and we think through obviously a human kind of understanding, and maybe their version of love or is not our version of love. But it's just like do dogs think like people have been debating whether or not dogs, But they definitely understand things, They definitely process information, they definitely recognize risk, they definitely recognize rewards. So they don't think probably like a human, but you know, they don't do anything like a human really. You know, it's the canine version of the human experience. And I think you're right Patrick, we try and anthropomorphized animals in general and give them human attributes rather than just go no, they have their own kind of intelligence, which is brilliant and fucking amazing. It's just not our kind. And that's you know, put you and me in the ocean and see who's the smart one next to a fucking orca.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: We'll put you and me in the Amazon with a bunch of gorillas and see who outlasts who.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's not you and me, that's for sure. And those gorillas are vegan too, Craig, they are, and they eat no I do.
Speaker 2: I know they are, and they eat something like seventy or eighty pounds of fruits and you know, leafy shit per day. Imagine they could just have three cheeseburgers and be done with it. But they've got to eat all that shit. They've got to eat all that fucking That's that's the downside. You got to eight eighty pounds of that shit to get enough nutrition to survive.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. It's just grazing. It's none of those big meals. Just graze all day, just grays. That's what I do. Well.
Speaker 2: They are all jacked and strong as fuck, so something must be working. I don't know where they get their protein from.
Speaker 1: Tiff, how are you? Good morning, TIF.
Speaker 4: Good morning, I'm fabulous. Thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: Does we will not bring this up again?
Speaker 2: But does Patrick know you're in love.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've had to inform Patrick that our our wedding might have to go on the back burner, which is quite distressing for both of us.
Speaker 1: Is the workman? I mean anything? See, it's it's weird what menaja to No, what's that cray game? Means?
Speaker 2: Well, that's when you and Patrick and Scott all get in bed together and just have a little cuddle and little bit little group spoon. You could be them. You could be the filling and Patrick could be one bit of bread and Scotty could be the other bit.
Speaker 1: So it's a little tiff sanger.
Speaker 2: I'm not really yeah, although if it was up to Patrick, Scotty might be in the middle.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: All right, So oh, I see, how do we get here so fast?
Speaker 1: Well? Patrick, did? Do you know?
Speaker 2: I said to myself. I was just downstairs in the kitchen. I was making a cup of tea, and I said to myself, one, don't argue with Patrick today. Don't be a cunt, right, I said to myself, don't argue with him, because sometimes I do and sometimes I'm a cunt. And then I said, also, let's not try not to tell dick joke or any innuendo or anything in the first just save it. Either don't do it, but don't do it straight. And Patrick just throws in menajatoire six minutes like a fucker, and here we are back at the baseline.
Speaker 3: I think some of the things that happen when you talk, and I talk instinctual. You don't think about it.
Speaker 1: It's out of your mouth before you've had a chance to process.
Speaker 2: That's most of my life. I would say, that's all in my life. I don't fucking plan anything. In fact, a lot of people wish I would plan. You should see the look on organizers' faces when I turn up to a conference and I'm speaking for three hours and they say, can we have your you know, your presentation on the old USB And I say I don't have one, and they go, but you're speaking until lunchtime. I'm like correct, They go, okay, do you have notes? Do you have a workbook or notes that you want us to give the audience? And I go no, and they go, oh, they could have been more nervous. Sometimes it works, Patrick, but not always. But I think that's imagine if we had to try and figure out three hundred and sixty five times a year on this show, not us three, but just as a concept to you project where you were trying to plan every conversation and script. It's somewhat one. It'd be fucking terrible too, I'd never get anything else done.
Speaker 5: I think it's the creative freedom and the inappropriate at times organicness of it that makes it moderately interesting to the five people that stick around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so tif, everything's good though on the western front, we're happy.
Speaker 4: We're happy, We're happy.
Speaker 2: Yes. How does Lunar and bear Field being integrated into a you know, somewhat integrated into another what do we say family kind of you know, like, is there any kind.
Speaker 4: Of bear goes into hiding?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Bear does go into hiding when when strange humans enter the house and Scott is still to her, well, no, she's starting to come out and say hello.
Speaker 1: And what's Scott's dog's name?
Speaker 2: Chevy Chevy and so does Chevy come and Chevy wow, Chevy to the levee? Does Chevy come over?
Speaker 1: And does not come over?
Speaker 4: Because the cat and Chevy, I mean untested territory there well.
Speaker 2: And Chevy is a staffy, right, yes, so they're a little bit like fucking rambunctious. They don't really understand how strong and reckless they can be.
Speaker 4: They are quite overwhelming for Luna. He does like to jump and rub his paws around her neck and just keep annoying until she snaps at him.
Speaker 2: Oh really Yeah, Hey, let's talk about technology and all things all things tech, Patrick mcquarie. Dictionary have announced AI slop as it's word of the year, beating out ozen pick face.
Speaker 1: Enlighten us with I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know the answer to this question, so I'm genuinely curious. What is AI slop?
Speaker 3: Look, it's being used by Donald Trump. It's been tauted a lot, effectively, it's anything that has AI generated. Lots of video stuff appearing on social media that's been generated by AI, and it usually it looks pretty crap. You know, you look at it and you think this isn't quite real. I think in the Netherlands recently McDonald's just in an AI TV ad and copped so much crap. Coca Cola copped a lot of crap. So there's a real movement against AI, and particularly where creative people are being muscled out. So AI slop and the stuff that's proliferating on the Internet, because I think more than fifty percent of content now on the internet's thought to have been AI generated, which is worrying. But the other thing that I thought was interesting when I was looking through the mcquarie dictionary of lists of other terms, there are a few there that I didn't actually know.
Speaker 1: So blind box. Have you ever heard of that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Blind box? Basically, it's physically a.
Speaker 3: Thing, So it's a sealed kind of an opaque packaging and you don't know what's inside, and it's the excitement of the unboxing. So you get a blind box and people post online so they get this.
Speaker 1: It's a bit like the.
Speaker 3: Footy remember the footy cards When you were a kid who were going to get inside?
Speaker 1: That was pretty exciting.
Speaker 3: So now on a much different scale, it's a plain opaque power packaging and you know, you open it up and there's a surprise collectible inside. The eggs what were the eggs? I'm just trying to think they were good too. Went through a phase of those you know the eggshere you open them up and a little toy inside you put.
Speaker 1: Together you know, oh yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 2: There's a whole show built around this, which is I don't know the name of the show. It's American, of course. But what people do is they buy the rights to open a storage facility, room or whatever that's been abandoned, so it's and they don't know what's in there. So I don't know what they pay. But let's say they pay a grand and there could be a fortune in treasure and shit in there or priceless things, or it could be just a room.
Speaker 1: Full of junk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they pay I don't know what the figure is, but they pay to have the rights of the contents, not knowing what the contents are going to be.
Speaker 3: So kind of similar, right, it happens here in Australia. My ex postman, that was his side hustle. They go to auctions. What happens is people are banned and these storage containers and then they open the storage container, take a few photos and then you get a bit of a glimpse of what might be in there, and then you bid on them. You bid on access, and then you have to take everything though, so you know matter what're so, Yeah, people people have side hustles and that's all that they do.
Speaker 1: Get collectibles and all types of stuff.
Speaker 2: What about zen pic face? Is that a particular that is that? Does that just mean people look gaunt and drawl?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, exactly, it's that kind of almost not skeletal, but yeah, that real drawn face. That's now become an official phrase. The other one, have you heard the term eight?
Speaker 2: So if you did, obviously not in the context that you're talking about it.
Speaker 3: If you nail it, now this is a term now that's on TikTok. It's like, man, you ate it, you know eight? Oh yeah, so you nailed and it's dominated. That was another word. And the other one I wasn't aware of was Roman Empire. So yeah, so someone the term Roman Empire. My Roman Empire is that new historical drama and I've been watching, so it's actually used as a term to say it's people who are kind of a little obsessed about historical dramas and things like that, and they use the term Roman Empire as an all embodying term. So it's kind of an interesting one. But in this instance, the big one was ai slop. That's the official word, you.
Speaker 2: Know, speaking of just wheeling back a moment to izembic face. One of the funniest things I ever heard. Was a few years ago in England they had built this new it was either a I think it was it was either a ship or a ferry. But they ran this competition the London Council that the public could name the boat, right, they could name it and whatever the most popular, whatever got the most votes, that was going to be the name of the boat.
Speaker 1: Guess what the name was. Was it body mcboat or something? Was body mcboat face.
Speaker 2: So the name that the public chose was body mcboat face. And then they had to wheel it back. They're like, we can't name this multi multi million dollar vessel body boat face. But I'm like, that's the dangers of declaring that. Hey, we'll let you name it. Whatever it gets the most votes, that's going to be the name.
Speaker 1: I thought it was.
Speaker 3: An Australian reference in there somewhere as well. I think the similar thing happened in Australia, but I can't remember. But yeah, it does sound Australian, doesn't it. It's very much sounds like something we.
Speaker 2: Do experts worn of chat GPT psychosis. This doesn't I don't even know exactly I can imagine what that means. But yeah, people the whole people being drawn into these relationships and conversations and losing perspective of what is real.
Speaker 1: And what is not real. This doesn't surprise me, what is it?
Speaker 3: There are no definitive studies important to kind of you get a sense of that. But it's when a chat bot validates and reinforces whatever you're saying. So you know, here, go down the rabbit hole. Man didn't land on the moon and chat GPT says, yeah, you're right, it didn't land. No one landed on the.
Speaker 1: Moon and the earth is that and it's that whole thing.
Speaker 3: But the problem is that this then they term this a psychosis or chat GPT psychosis, AI psychosis, But in essence, it's when you really just get caught into that conversation where you know, realism and reality seems to be absent from the conversation because the problem is AI chatbots tend to just.
Speaker 1: Want you to be there and keep talking.
Speaker 3: And that's the problem because they will, I guess, entertain those notions. And if you happen to be going down you know, mental health issues and you're talking about suicide and this is this is documented where people have had extended common do you remember a guy broke into Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 1: Did he have a a? What? He was carrying a.
Speaker 3: Weapon of sorts, but I think it might have been a bow and arrow. I don't know that it was a gun, but he was there because and pre going to Buckingham Palace, he'd had this whole, full on conversation with an AI chatbot that was encouraging him because they'd gone back through and seen all that, and you know, obviously said that in discussion, so he'd gone down that AI rabbit hole. So you could effectively say that he had an AI psychosis because it was just living up to all those fantasies that he had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty clear that it doesn't want you to stop using it when you're using it, because it's always I don't know about yours, but mine's always telling me how fucking brilliant I am and funny I am, and every question I'm like, well, what great question, Kraigue ahh yeah, buddy, no one ever thought of that question.
Speaker 1: You're a gene.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, I I am chat thank you, You're welcome. Let's hang out. Fuck yeah, let's get a virtual beer together. I mean, it's just so complementary. If you've got low self esteem, that shit would be like emotional cocaine. Absolutely absolutely, So it's definitely a thing, and I can see where it would be good as well. And I've just signed up for I've got smart speakers all over my home, so I use Google to turn lights on, to find what the weather's going to be, check my calendar. But now Google is switching its home assistant across to Google Gemini. It's AI assistant, And so I've signed up for an early adopter program because it means extended conversations. I can walk around my house and have ongoing conversations without the need for my phone. And it sounds a bit creepy, And yes, the hell nine thousand.
Speaker 1: Does come to mind.
Speaker 3: I wish I could change the voice to sound like Hell nine thousand. That was the computer that went crazy in two thousand and one, Space before your time, Tiff. Anyway, but that very very sexy voice, the hell did you reckon? It was a pretty sexy voice, Hell nine thousand, don't you reckon?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't know what hell ninth? Is that a gamer thing? Is that a game?
Speaker 1: I think most famous computer that went crazy. Arthur C. Clark wrote the story two thousand and one of Space Odyssey, and then it was made film in the sixties.
Speaker 3: It was the whole genre of sci fi is serious sci fi. It kind of was the precursor to Star Wars and everything else. It was the definitive sci fi film.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, chat GPT said to me it was something I can't remember the is that phrasing?
Speaker 1: But it came up. I jumped in to use it.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask it something, but before we started, it gave me these options of how I would like it to communicate with me. It said, hey, just you know, do you want it to be more friendly and informal? Do you want it to be more professional? Do you want to be to be more academic? And this, And there was like five or six options of the style of communication and language that I would prefer moving forward in essentially our relationship. I'm like, oh my god, this shit is it's just going to another level. Anyway, I just continued as it was, which is where it tells me I'm brilliant all the time, So you know, I'll.
Speaker 1: Just stick with that.
Speaker 3: A lot of the large language models actually have separate models for different activities. So if it happens to be for drawing pictures or videos, then that will be slightly different. So that's where you jump into something like chet GPT and choose different versions depending on what.
Speaker 2: Life after chatbots meet the AI vegans. Of course, this the AI vegans refusing to accept virtual reality. Well, maybe they mean refusing to use because it doesn't matter if you accept it or not. It's here, so okay, So they're not going to use it or interact with it.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're going swearing off it.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of reasons, and some of the statements people are making is that AI is morally.
Speaker 1: Wrong because it uses it's.
Speaker 3: Trained on the creative works of other people and really doesn't give any credit in such terms.
Speaker 1: So that's one of the reasons.
Speaker 3: Then there's the concern of the data centers and how much resources are going into using all the different AIS, and that they're actually draining the planet of water and a whole lot of resources because there's so memory intensive and process are intensive that it's you know, we're talking database and when we talked last episode about them putting data centers in space to try to cope with the cooling of these amounts of processes. So there's people who are calling themselves the term loosely is being AI vegans, so that they want to abstain from all generative AICs systems and so that those basically, you know, it's a bit like vegan swearing off you know, food, food, ethical environmental reasons.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you know.
Speaker 2: Do you know who Jensen Hwang is. I didn't know until the other day. I kind of knew, but I didn't know that was his name. He's the boss of Nvidia. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So dude, that dude is smart. I kind of knew who he was, but I didn't I'd never heard him speak anyway. He was on Rogan the other day and he was talking about five years ago some dude made a prediction, some high up dude in AI and said that in five years so I guess this was twenty twenty or twenty nineteen, that radiologists wouldn't exist because AI will be able to read all the scans and tell you exactly what's going on, and look at the X rays or whatever, look at the results of all of these tests and blah blah blah, which it can do with a very high level of accuracy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is.
Speaker 2: True, but he said there were thirty million radiologists in the world right at that time, and it predicted that like in five years so about now, that there would be next to zero because they would be redundant. Well, the reality is there's now more than there were five years five years ago. Yeah, and so they are virtually every radiologist is using AI. But it's just making them way more efficient and meaning they can do a lot more work. So it ain't all bad. I think it's the application. I think it's the way that it's used, you know. I don't think categorically we can say it is a good thing or categorically say it's a bad thing. But I think that's true for like most technologies, you know.
Speaker 3: You know what I took from that. I just wondered, if you've got all of those radiologists and you put them all into a big football center, a big stadium, and then turned them out, would they glow?
Speaker 1: They could? They could.
Speaker 2: I don't know that they are in I don't know that they're there when all the X rays are being done.
Speaker 1: I think they're just reading the outcome.
Speaker 3: Patrick Actually the original radiographers I think they called them. I remember I went to Melbourne University. They have a physiology department because I, before I got into radio and all that sort of stuff, I was interested in biology. So I had to look at their physiology department and they showed a radiographer's hand from years of putting people through X rays and it just basically so showed the skin had almost peeled off, so it's just the hand. Obviously the bloker died. They didn't like making you stand here for a while, but yeah, it was. It was fascinating, so you know, when you know, the whole idea of using of radiography came about. It was revolutionary, but they didn't really understand what was happening in terms of radiation being produced, and a lot of radiographers had a very early end because of their exposure.
Speaker 1: What is coming up for Christmas?
Speaker 2: Are there any is there any tech gadgets that I need to go and look at for my I was going to say nieces and nephews. I don't have nieces and nephews. Let's be honest, because I don't have fucking siblings. I don't know that Ron or Mary are going to want anything tech. I mean, Ron might want some new teeth, I don't know, I'm not sure, but toothbrush, yeah, we could get him. There's what's on the Christmas horizon with tech mate.
Speaker 3: I want to make up a bit of a list, you know, give him that we're heading towards the season and look and in case you felt like you wanted to join that Joy's giving, I made up a list of all the things that I would like that you might put on your list together. The biggest thing on my list at the moment, and I really would love to get one, is the A one Anti gravity three sixty drone. Now that's a bit of a mouthful. So INSTA three sixty makes three sixty cameras. So their cameras where you've got a lens on both sides of a small camera and it sees a full three six sixty spherical image. Now they've put this technology into a drone. Not only have they put it on the drones. So it means when you're flying the drone, it sees everything around it from every angle, but you fly it wearing goggles. You see from the drone's perspective. So imagine the drones hovering above your house. You put the goggles on and you look up and down, left and right. You're seeing everything from the drones perspective. And the additional thing for me, I've been flying remote control aircraft for years. They don't have little joysticks, you know, the little thumbsticks. It's a simple joystick that you're using and it's very intuitive. You push it forward. And so they've combined a whole lot of new tech with this drone. So that's what's got me pretty excited. It takes eight K video, which is really high quality video as well. But you are looking at a starting price of around about twenty one twenty two hundred dollars up to nearly three thousand dollars craigo.
Speaker 1: But it is on the top of my list. I just thought i'd mentioned that.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me just jot that down in case I win Tatsloto in the intervening week. I couldn't use that in Hampton, though, right could.
Speaker 3: You just can't fly it over people like who were so you couldn't go over a sporting field where there are people present. There are lots of rules and regulations around the flying of drones that are dictated by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
Speaker 2: So could I fly it down Hampton the Street and hover out the front of my cafe and see if my table's free?
Speaker 3: Probably not No, because there are cars and people and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: No, there are regulations around hey.
Speaker 3: In fact, when you buy a drone in Australia, you get an official document that comes from the CASSA, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, with what you can and can't do.
Speaker 1: They take it pretty seriously.
Speaker 2: So where should I never install a home security camera? Patrick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought this.
Speaker 3: Is an interesting one to talk about because they're so affordable now and easy to install a smart security camera. But I think sometimes people don't realize. You know, they put cameras up on their house, but it can see into their neighbor's house. So you know, don't put them on your property where you can look into the neighbor's property. You're probably going to end up with a bit of consternation from the neighbor.
Speaker 1: Bathrooms and toilets.
Speaker 3: You know, if you've got an airbnb, probably not a good idea to put them in.
Speaker 1: There any kind of shared space.
Speaker 3: This is probably more obviously for people who live in high density areas where they might have an apartment or so. But even little things. If you're going to put a security camera up, don't put it within reach. You know, if someone walks up to the front door or comes up behind it and they smash it off. So have it higher than where they could potentially reach it. And even when you're putting a camera up, be careful there's nothing in front of it because it might obscure the sensor that triggers it as well.
Speaker 1: So just little things like that.
Speaker 2: Can I say that if somebody is putting a camera in a toilet or a bathroom, they're a sick Who the fuck is doing that? Oh let's just watch dad fucking back one out. I mean, that's that's just what Charnie Jones snap one off and shoot one off to Warby. Let's put a camera in the crapper, shall we? Fucking who's doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No that If.
Speaker 2: Somebody's putting cameras in there, they're no good.
Speaker 3: Actually, I just I just got my delivery of my new security camera yesterday, a new bathroom camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: No, it's going to go for the it's from the studio looking down the driveway, so I can tell them people rock up. I thought that would be kind of handy, and it's an outdoor camera as well.
Speaker 2: Lithium ion battery suspected to have spark caroline springs, house fire.
Speaker 1: These are ones that are blowing up all the time.
Speaker 3: Now not blowing up all the time, but yes, there is a propletity that can happen. I think, Look, it's easy to get caught up in that. You know electric cars are dangerous because they burst into flames. Well, I think the thing is, yes, there was a house fire, and in fact, I know someone personally whose parents had an electric scooter that caught fire.
Speaker 1: Their whole house burned out.
Speaker 3: So it happened, and this is people who live in the next suburb and one of my colleagues.
Speaker 1: But the reality of it is it's got.
Speaker 3: To a point where it's becoming worrying because the instances of lithium ion batteries have increased, the fires related to that, and also not just that. What's happening is a lot of tips are catching fire because people are throwing them in waste when they don't them, and they're swelling and they're being jostled around. I mean that you've got to be really careful if you drop a lithium ion battery because it starts to blister.
Speaker 1: Then it can cause those issues as well.
Speaker 3: So the reality of it is this house fire and you know we're seeing it happen more often. So fire authorities here in Victoria have basically come out and said, look, you've got to make sure that you buy lithium ion batteries from reputable manufacturers, so make sure that it has all the codes on the back of it so when you look at the back of the product has been checked, does it conform to Australian standards, all those sorts of things. So it is a big issue and you're going to see very shortly, within the matter of maybe six to twelve months, you will not be able to bring a power bank or you'll be very limited with those power banks when you're traveling or get onto an aircraft. It's become a really serious issue with power banks potentially catching fire on an aircraft. As you can imagine, you know, you can't really put them out. It's very difficult to put them out, and.
Speaker 1: I think I think someone's already done that.
Speaker 2: I think I think one airline because that's been on the news a bit lately with like fires in cabins.
Speaker 1: But also, I mean, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I agree, I think it's really good advice, but I also think the practical reality is, you know, when you say you've got to check that the battery is from a reputable this and that it complies with this, fuck, the average person ain't going to do that. They're just going to go and buy it. And you know so, but I am interested, Sorry, I am interested in the AI andable teddy Bear. It's been suspended after giving advice on BDSM sex, where to find knives? Kind of fucking teddy bear?
Speaker 4: Is that? Bro?
Speaker 3: This is this is really disturbing because there are tooks coming out this Christmas that have AI integrated into them, and the idea is that children form a relationship with the toy.
Speaker 1: They talked to the toy, the toy talks.
Speaker 3: Back to them, and so it got a little bit out of hand when this particular toy they found that they didn't have the protections in place. So it's a teddy bear that they kind of did some research on and they realized you could start having pretty in depth conversations. So it would tell you where to find a sharp knife. You know and talk about Yeah exactly. I mean it was called the follow toy, and according to CNN, the company had to withdraw all of them, so it was called the Kuma Bear. And they found that because the thing is, people are developing these toy, these toys, but they're then using AI integration, but they're not developing the AI themselves, so they're using say chat GPT, they're buying a license to integrate it into the bear, and that toy then uses that large language model that's been developed by a third party. So it seems like the safeguards aren't always in place. They want to get this put out and they want to rush it out there and get it out. But the problem is that it kind of again it leads you down that AI psychosis rabbit hole where you start a conversation and it goes into a direction you certainly don't want to be going with a child.
Speaker 2: Now, this next one excites me and terrifies me and also makes me a bit suspicious. New tech called mind captioning turns thoughts and mental images into simple text. So my understanding of that is I can think something and my computer.
Speaker 1: Or my phone writes it. Is that is true.
Speaker 3: Ultimately that's where they want to get. So six volunteers were scanned and what they did was they put them into an MRI or an fMRI and they and again they're using AI to observe what happens in their brain when they watch a number of video clips. So they watch the clips being played out, the scanner records their whole brain activity frame by frame, So this is something a human can't do. That's where the AI integration comes in. And then every time a clip comes up and the caption related to that clip, they see what the brain was doing at the time, and so effectively every person. So when they put these six people through, they so for example, it might be something like a man playing a guitar on stage or a child padding a dog in a yard, and the brain will look a bit different when they're observing. And so this is not just as simple as getting a concept like one word, we're talking.
Speaker 1: Raisers is where they're getting.
Speaker 3: You know, they're hoping to be with is so it has it's fascinating to think that what you are thinking about could be effectively predicted or be predictable, and that's that's what really is exciting about this so I see where you're coming from, because scanners and you know, someone walks through.
Speaker 1: You know wherever. It's like you know what, you know, what was the truth detectors or light detectors?
Speaker 3: You know you can imagine that steroids, isn't it is?
Speaker 1: So in order for that?
Speaker 2: Does that mean the person needs to wear some kind of headset or there's a there's an implant or I know this is in development, this is not here, but what's the current thing that they're using?
Speaker 1: Is it just like a bunch of electrodes?
Speaker 3: Now this is a massive the magnetum so right right right machine? Yeah, absolutely, sorry, it wasn't paying attention. Tell me what smartphone pinky is. Look, I was reading an article by a woman who was ta about the fact that and if you think about it, when you grab a phone, you just pick up your phone on your hand. What do you do You support the bottom of the phone with your little finger, so the your little finger is taking the weight of the phone. And we had an instance, you know, years ago where phones kind of got slimmer and lighter, but now they're going the opposite way. In fact, when I purchased my recent phone, the Pixel nine, I had there was some really great sales on and I could go for the next larger model for five hundred dollars less.
Speaker 1: So it was five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Off and it was only going to cost me fifty bucks to go to the larger screen size. And I looked at I thought, that's way too heavy and way too big. I don't want a phone that big. So instead of you know, going the bonus for five hundred dollars bonus for just fifty bucks, I didn't because it's got too big. But the thing is that now we're supporting our phone so much, people are starting to experience joint pain in the first knuckle of their little finger. So it's an observation, but it's something that are we the most.
Speaker 2: Have we the most physically weak, fucking version of humanity? How fucking lame are we? Oh my god, my first joint and my pinky finger from supporting my mobile device. Oh quick, call the fucking physio. Quick, get me some Voltaire and sandwiches. Fuck, because what is going on?
Speaker 3: Don't worry if you won't even have a phone, you'll just wear smart glasses and you'll just talk to them and everything will be displayed in front of you.
Speaker 1: You know, you'll have a smart glasses.
Speaker 2: We won't even we won't even have bodies, will be just brains in jars being fucking carried around a house by a robot.
Speaker 1: We'll just be We'll just.
Speaker 2: Be interacting without talking, just fucking telepathic kind of relationships.
Speaker 1: Right, the three of us inside our heads.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's like I'm enough of a nightmare, just me in my head. I definitely don't want either of you, two fucking idiots in my head, and you definitely don't want me. Five hundred years later, scientists proved that Leonardo da Vinci's bridge design works. I don't know about his bridge design, but doing lightness Patrick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, obviously I can't explain it exactly, but it's so Leonardo da Vinci came up with a unique bridge design.
Speaker 1: And the way I visualize.
Speaker 3: It is if you imagine just a bridge over a river, but it spans out and it gets wider on each end.
Speaker 1: And what it seems is that this I think I know, can I interrupt? Ye for sure?
Speaker 2: Is this the one that's got like no actual struts or upright supports? Wide?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets wide at the ends and then it curves in and then you've got the bridge support over the center right right right.
Speaker 1: So the thing is Leonardo da Vinci.
Speaker 3: He designed this hypothetical bridge for the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, who said some idea. So first mistake he thought it was no good. But then literally five hundred years later or whatever, a team at MIT have recreated the design with modeling and showed not only would it work, but it'll actually be superior to a lot of other bridges because you don't have that movement when in the wind, because the wider a span of a bridge, they actually physically are designed to move. But yeah, so like Leonardo da Vinci blows my mind. There was a great exhibition of his works, including some of his original codecs, in Melbourne last year that I went to, and it just literally blew my mind to see the amazing things that he was able to conceive of. You know, submarine's aircraft phenomenal, wasn't it so ahead of his time.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was about ten or twelve seeing a picture of a very rudimentary helicopter drawn by Leonardo da Vinci, and I'm like, when was this drawn? And I think I asked my teacher, and I don't know. It was like fifteen something, you know, five hundred years ago, like five centuries ago, when you know airplanes were still four centuries away. This guy was designing helicopters and even conceiving that.
Speaker 1: That would be a thing. And then it's bloody amazing, all right.
Speaker 2: Australia Post warns that foreign giants are set to dominate Australian online retail Do we need to panic?
Speaker 1: Well, not so much.
Speaker 3: I think this is an interesting one because we know the cost of living has gone up and so people are filling the pinch and it makes a lot of sense that you're shopping around for the cheapest option. But the problem is cheap can be exactly that. You know, a friend of mine once said, the rich man buys it once, the poor man buys it twice, and that, unfortunately is the case with a lot of stuff that you're buying off. Say some of the Chinese retailers like TMU, you know where you jump on and you buy cheap whatever it happens to be. So Amazon and Teamu, all these online retailers, and now about I think it's about twenty percent of online twenty to twenty five percent of online purchasing. But the CEO of Australia Post, Paul Graham, he's come out and said that these guys in the next few years will have fifty percent of all purchasing in Australia, which is going to mean all purchases including retail outlets and online. And he's saying that effectively people, this is a drug of the cheapest product, is what he is saying, and that we're sh be promoting Australian and people should be buying things locally and thinking in those terms. You know, if you walk down say Hampton Street or somewhere that's a shopping strip and you see shops are closing, there's a reason for that because there's no demand because people are buying it online.
Speaker 1: It's a tough one. It's a really difficult one.
Speaker 3: I guess when our CEO comes out and says you should do this, most people one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent, especially when that's CEO, is that CEO is probably on a million dollars a year telling people who earn fuck or with five kids how they should.
Speaker 1: Spend their money.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, bro, get off your moral high horse and just fucking run the company and let us figure out what we'll do with our own money.
Speaker 1: And how we'll spend it.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's your job is to tell people in suburbia how they should spend their money.
Speaker 3: So because Australia Post gets the postage of all the stuff that people are buying online, So yeah, that's the issue anyway. But by twenty thirty is what they're predicting that Amazon and those other online platforms will control fifty percent of the online market in Australia.
Speaker 2: And now social media companies are using data and AI to figure out our age without us telling them and without us even knowing that they're figuring that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this has been really big because of the band that came into effect this week for under sixteen's, and we know that it's going to be a teething process because there's been lots everyone's running the stories of all the under sixteens who are able to fool the new protections and some kids have been able to stay on all those social medias when the band is now in place, the reality of it is always.
Speaker 1: Going to be smart kids. You know, there were fourteen year olds that were scrunching.
Speaker 3: Up their face to make them look older, like fourteen year old boys, is you know, scrunching up their face and they got through they're like, oh yeah, you're thirty and young girls putting fake eyelashes on and putting a bit of makeup on it. It's like, yeah, of course you are twenty five. So it's going to take time. But interestingly, there's a lot of other things that we do online that leave what they call a behavioral fingerprints, and that's how a lot of the AI models are kind of saying, well, okay, this is Craig.
Speaker 1: Your interaction patterns.
Speaker 3: Like the posts that you like and follow the topics and the genres that you prefer. You know, yes, you watch two thousand and one a Space Odyssey, You're probably not someone under the age of sixteen. How you scroll what you slow down and speed up at so the interest factor there, So it might be reminiscing about the eighties and you pause on it because it shows a DeLorean or something. You know, these are the things that younger people will scroll past, but older people won't scroll as quickly. They may even pause, So just that pausing for a second, even if you don't read it, This is frightening. How you know, these massive companies are able to use these scary algorithms to type set.
Speaker 1: You to know more about you.
Speaker 3: You behavior is what you like, say you dislikes, and it could be something simple as you know, woman in bikini with brown hair, woman in bikini with blonde hair. You pause over one and not over the other. Okay, so Craig likes Brunette's. You know, literally, this is the algorithm, and this is the technology that's being used to categorize people who are using social media.
Speaker 2: Wowser, wowsers, It's kind of yeah, it's an avalanche at the moment. Now for Ron and Mary, my beautiful parents who both can't hear, Patrick, we're scrolling down to the health section just so you can keep up with me. For Ron and Mary, who have got real trouble hearing, it seems that you've got some medical advice for them what they should use.
Speaker 1: And this is going to have a whole lot of health benefits right across. Hey, Tip, why do you hear this?
Speaker 3: So evidently VIAGRAA reverses damage behind deafness.
Speaker 2: Hey Ron, Hey Ron, I'll be up on the weekend. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: That helps blocked ears.
Speaker 2: Now I've got I've got I've got periodic deafness. Yeah, how he is? Now? Oh shit ouse, but my cock's as hard as a rock. I still can't hear though, OK, now that'd be my luck.
Speaker 3: Well, we're talking about a serious form of deafness here, craigo right.
Speaker 2: Born with hearing loss. I'm sorry, sorry for not being serious. Patrick Patrick's like, hey, pay attention. You wrote, you've.
Speaker 1: Put it on the list.
Speaker 2: It literally says biagra of reversus damage behind deafness, And then what do you want me not to make fun of that?
Speaker 1: This is a win win all round. Good.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is scientifically valid and also fucking hilarious and also opened the door for a cock joke.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. It's like the trifecta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well so this that's basically it. Yeah, that's great that the viagra is having this multi purpose usage.
Speaker 1: I think it's fantastic. I'm sorry for all the fluffers who lost their job causation or correlation.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's a good Patrick Patrick just said, Tiff, I'm sorry for all the fluffers who lost their job.
Speaker 1: Do you know do you know what a fluffer is?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes? Someone that yes?
Speaker 2: Tell our tell our younger listeners what a fluffer is. Just in light now younger listeners who are going, I don't know what a fluffer is.
Speaker 4: Someone whose job it is to make sure a person is aptly prepared to perform.
Speaker 1: What person in what context? For what job?
Speaker 4: A bloke who needs to.
Speaker 1: But what job? What job?
Speaker 2: We're not talking about Brian and reservoir. Yes, it's in porn. So there used to be there, used to be these people and their job was just to get old mate ready to go. But that person got replaced by a pill. Talk about technology, imagine saying a pill took my.
Speaker 1: Job, especially if you've had your own news skill.
Speaker 3: Hey, what happens if that fluffer as he got older, then goes death. It's like we can give you viagra. No way, he stole my job. I'm not taking that. Sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't think fluffers were boys, Patrick in the most part, I guess, so I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Maybe on your pawn that's.
Speaker 2: Over here, over here, point.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. The US plans to order foreign tourists, including Ozzies, to disclose social media histories.
Speaker 3: What yes, forty countries around the world that are on what they call visa exempt, so the visa exempt countries, so Australians and New Zealands are included in that. Effectively, you would have to when applying for a entry into the US, you would have to disclose all of your social media data since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is a Trump initiative. Yep, how how do we even Yeah, why do they need that? What can they even like? There must be so many people coming in. How on earth do they disseminate that this.
Speaker 1: Is before you enter the country.
Speaker 3: You've got to give them access to your social media for five years before you can enter the country.
Speaker 1: It only just came out.
Speaker 3: Recently, and look, I don't even know how that would work in terms of how you do it. But when you make the tourist visa application, you know we are visa exempt in Australia, but maying to get into the country, you've got to basically say, because they're saying they want to filter out people who may have had bad opinions about the US, if you've said something bad about Donald Trump, you couldn't effectively be kicked out or not allowed into the country.
Speaker 2: So much of a free speech now apparently if I'm going to have an account with a password, I shouldn't use admin ad M. I N I shouldn't use that as my password. Who would have thought, Patrick?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Or if you happen to have a very famous art gallery and you have security cameras, maybe not use the word louve as.
Speaker 1: Your password via security system. Is that true? Is that what happened? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, because they just got robbed.
Speaker 1: You're being funny. That's true, Look it up? Is it actually true? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Evidently an earlier password was louve with capital although.
Speaker 2: It couldn't crook spell louve. That might have been if they weren't friends, ye had probably not. Wow, I love this one. A Sydney car theft was basically thwarted by crooks who couldn't drive.
Speaker 1: A manual I know, isn't that great?
Speaker 3: So they tried to steal a car and then they had to abandon it because they.
Speaker 1: Didn't know drive a manual car.
Speaker 2: That's the sign of the times, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's pretty hard to get a manual car these days. It's not many on the market.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine, who's an older woman in her seventies, bought a bright fire engine red WRX because she wanted to have a manual car and it was one of the few on the market.
Speaker 1: So now she's just this hoon.
Speaker 3: Driving around the land a red w Hi Judy, if you're listening, Hi Judy, Lady.
Speaker 1: Bogan, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Duty. I've got a six speed manual. Best thing ever, it's kind of driving automatic. I've got yeah, I've got an automatic as well, but it's like it's kind of I think, you know. I was listening to this guy that you may or may not know called Stephen Bartlett Patrick.
Speaker 1: Do you know him?
Speaker 2: He has a very big podcast, one of the top ten in the world called CEO of a Diary.
Speaker 1: Sorry Diary of a CEO.
Speaker 2: Sorry fuck, Come on, harps, how's your dyslexia? And he was just talking about how he has two autonomous vehicles and he's in LA. He doesn't drive anymore, so he just goes and gets in his car, tells it or whatever you do, program it, tell it where to take you. Sits in the passenger seat or I don't know, maybe the driver's seat, and it just takes him wherever he wants to go. You'd be pretty comfortable with that. Wouldn't you like I think you would like that?
Speaker 1: Or am I wrong? Definitely?
Speaker 3: If I was driving in Melbourne, I would I get white knuckle. I've been living in the country for nearly seventeen years. I get white knuckle driving in Melbourne. It's awful traffic, people cutting you off, no one uses indicators.
Speaker 1: Damn. I'd be going for an autonomous car much safer.
Speaker 2: TIF if you had to choose for the next two years, you can have an autonomous car and it'll drive you everywhere. You've just got to get in it, or you've got to drive yourself anywhere and needed to be one or the other.
Speaker 1: What would you choose?
Speaker 4: I think once I tried it, like the idea of it freaks me out, but then the idea of trusting it. If I trusted it, yeah, hell yeah, but I would I would go weired it out by the idea of it.
Speaker 1: At first, for me, it.
Speaker 2: Just freeze up time, especially going to see ron A Marror every time.
Speaker 1: It's four hours.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, I could sit in the back and do podcasts or have meetings or have a snoozy mac snoozeter or you know, I could do I could do what to make a casserole.
Speaker 1: I could do it on Well, I do that on the time.
Speaker 3: I'm going into Melbourne on Sunday morning, and I thought, I'm going to go in the city.
Speaker 1: Why would I drive? And then you got to worry about parking. Just jump on the train. So effectively the same thing.
Speaker 2: As well, well it effectively the same. I don't know that a train is the same as an autonomous car, but anyway, I'm not driving it.
Speaker 1: Someone else is driving it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah you can, Patrick. Where can people find you, Patrick? And where can they get their website built and their social media pump and their brand accelerated? Where can they do all of that?
Speaker 3: You really think, on the strength of today's conversation, anybody's going to contact me. But anyway, it's it's websites now, dot com dot Au, websites now to com today you or ty shit at home dot com today you. I'm about to put some new training exercises on my channel that I haven't updated since COVID because my students have all said, we had our last class night last night, and so I've got to put some new X sizes and tight chi workouts for people over the holidays.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Patrick. Thank you, Tiffany and Cook. Have a good weekend, both of you. Quickly, tiff what are you doing on the weekend?
Speaker 4: Quickly, I'm about to head up to Gisbon today and be in the country for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh nice? What's in Gisbone?
Speaker 1: Is there something?
Speaker 2: Patrick?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I have two choir performances with our local community choir. I've got a chee break up. I'm going to a vegan market in Melbourne. I'm going to dinner tonight with friends at the local pub. Man, I've got so much on this weekend I don't even know to stop.
Speaker 2: You just described my worst weekend ever. Thanks team, See you next time.