Speaker 1: We got get you oday morning, every day, every lazy gentleman adelaides. Oh, yes, the absolute best time of the week. We've said that since day dish. Now Joe's before we speak to the beautiful traders. Ryan Fitzgerald. I'm just a little bit of housekeeping. So yesterday we're doing a promo that was going to run throughout the day, just talking about what we're going to do today.
Speaker 2: So for those who don't know a promo, are the things that run throughout the day they obviously pre recorded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, didn't quite go to plan when we were trying to sprook our mate, Fitzi our other favorite South was he fissy And as we know, I mean situations like that, we're beautiful. Nicknames are born. So ladies and gentlemen, please say good morning to Ryan Fisty Fitzgerald. Good morning.
Speaker 3: My heart skipped a beat, yes, and I thought, oh, the story's finally out. And when I got deleased, I was doing a tough finances became a mortgage.
Speaker 4: Dave was a lovely guy. Next thing you know, next thing.
Speaker 3: You know, next thing you know, Jody and Hazy, you're talking about it everywhere. You can call me fisty. I've been called worse. Yeah, you know it was after the five k kilometer time trial. I was shitsy there for a while.
Speaker 5: So I.
Speaker 3: Definitely wasn't a fighter back in the day, so it couldn't have been because I was quipped with my hands.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wasn't really that.
Speaker 2: We posted it if you want to check it out, it's on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page. But the funny part is Fitzy Hazy said it, and then I got the giggles and couldn't red group and I was, you know, berated by my producer. However, at the time, you thought you called him fizzy.
Speaker 1: Didn't you thought I said fizzy. And then when I when when we replayed it and I heard it for the first time, Izy, I had to I had to lie down and I need a water.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: And then there was this moment where Hazy was just over you, laughing at let's get out of here.
Speaker 1: Come on. Yeah, Fuzzy, was that funny? Fisty?
Speaker 6: That is funny because I got the uncontrollable giggles.
Speaker 2: You're getting mad at me because I couldn't spit out my words without really realizing what you said, some apologize is the point.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm more than happy to have fifty fridays we can do. And can somebody please drop that? What was the King of Port along the South.
Speaker 1: Drop?
Speaker 3: Please drop that? All right, I'm not coming back next week. You can call me fisty all you want.
Speaker 8: That is news.
Speaker 6: Areada clame her for that one?
Speaker 4: Take it out.
Speaker 6: We'll We were talking a.
Speaker 2: Little earlier in the show actually about the things that you used to get back in the day, real cheap, like your school lunch orders and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Like you know, is this is this the prices of Adelaide over the chips six eighty.
Speaker 1: Or something version towards seven bucks? It's outrageous.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, good episode.
Speaker 3: Do you remember at primary school when you ordered fifty cents with the chalk buds? You got fifty chalk buds, yes, fifty yeah, one cent each.
Speaker 4: And then like I remember, lunch orders were so good when.
Speaker 3: You could smell it coming down the whole way, and we used to get the crumb sausage sausages, which also when you became a teenager, if you went down the beach, you'd get one of those as well.
Speaker 1: But that's so true. That it is.
Speaker 4: It's really hard. It definitely kills the mood. That's sure became fifty for.
Speaker 1: It's all coming out. I can't wait for this memoir.
Speaker 3: I used to yeah, no, I used to get a chocolate milk, a crumb sausage and fifty choks like that is that was just you could get that for a round about three dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember walking home from Ogilby High School, which was an all girls school in downtown Hobart Fitsy, and I'd stop at the corner store and get fifty cents worth of chips.
Speaker 6: And you've never seen so many chips in your life.
Speaker 3: Crazy, It's just it's ridiculous. Now you don't enjoy the footy as much when you have to pay six't eighty for a bucket of chips.
Speaker 6: I mean, I love that you're pretending like you're not in a box every time.
Speaker 1: There's people desperately trying to buy you beers as well.
Speaker 4: Feel so far, I feel so sorry for all the peasants. No, I have been a peasant my whole life.
Speaker 2: Deary, thank you so much for joining us, and I'm sorry about what happened during the week with your nickname I apologize on behalf of Hazy myself.
Speaker 3: I was a bit disappointed that you didn't change the opener on it. You guys are usually onto that.
Speaker 1: Only something for next week, So just a quick decision, fifty or shits? Just call me Ryan. Thanks, Ryan, gotcha next wee I'm Joe's. Can we just for a second talk about lave?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Oh, give you some space.
Speaker 6: We love love.
Speaker 1: Oh and your partner in particular, Greg is sea top shelf, isn't it How long you guys been together for now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: We are married in twenty and eleven.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh that's right in Bali. And he was wearing thongs.
Speaker 6: Wow? I thought you loved gloves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love love.
Speaker 6: Why why are you shouting on love and our wedding?
Speaker 5: Can you really wear thongs?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: He did wear thongs.
Speaker 1: No, I'm all for love. I just shouting on the wedding.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm sorry. Next time he'll wear some sort of I don't.
Speaker 1: Know boot, yes, beautiful sort of brown leather windsor smith.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If let's be precise. How did you guys meet?
Speaker 2: We met at work, So he worked in sales upstairs at my old joint and I worked downstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see that makes sense. I met to my beautiful wife car at a pub. Of course, you did the Prince Albert Hotel on a Friday night.
Speaker 6: Were you playing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely bashing out? Probably a beautiful cover of Wonder Wall got her over the line. So study has just been released and the traditional places that people would meet their significant others used to be work through, family, university, and pubs in no particular order. So that's us and let's not age us. But now the kids coming through, everything's just a little bit different. Welcome to producers are here. Come on, if you're looking for mister right, where's the first place that you would go?
Speaker 4: Hinge?
Speaker 9: Probably hinge.
Speaker 1: See that's what the new study suggests. Now everybody is straight away.
Speaker 6: But wait, is that the swipe right one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, but Hinge is more relationship, you know. That's why i'd go Hinge when I'm looking for mister right.
Speaker 6: Okay, And what's the other one? What's that more about?
Speaker 4: Hind that's mister right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah right?
Speaker 1: What about grinder? So you're the younger generation where the older generation? As I feel like you're somewhere in the middle. So where did you used to go to meet boys versus now. Has it changed over the journey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hundred percent.
Speaker 10: I used to work in hospitality and it was so easy to meet boys because you give if we just that's what I used to do. Hopefully my old bosses aren't listening. You give them free drinks. So yeah, pubs definitely. Now it's apps, But I get don't get frustrated, but it's annoying you to do. You go to the shops or you go to the pub or whatever, and men are literally sitting on their phone on dating apps, and you just think.
Speaker 6: Like, look around around, look around.
Speaker 2: There's Abby in the middle of coals with her trolley with her bananas in the front.
Speaker 1: Isn't that this aura around it because you just got blowing?
Speaker 6: I don't even know, but anyway, isn't that a sign that you single?
Speaker 5: I thought that was a theme start eating bananas?
Speaker 1: Then that's why Abby is carrying pineapple upside down as we speak. Is it like for younger people these days? Do you think there's a bit of a social anxiety in terms of meeting people face to face versus what they used to be. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: My ex and I met on hinge matched on hinge, but we never neither of us ever made the first move. So it took running into each other in Adelaide and going, oh, you're like for us to actually get talking. They're so you matched on hinge And then what happened? We chatted and no one made like, let's hang out. So then we just happened to run into each other and got lucky.
Speaker 2: Both need to gross and let's just go back on the tapes. Then then we hung out and both got lucky.
Speaker 6: Is that what you just said? No, yeah, no, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: This time for Jodie's diary, it is give us a theme.
Speaker 8: What do we got?
Speaker 2: You like the theme this week because we're going back to your roots and that is your country roots.
Speaker 6: So you obviously grew up in somewhere that no one's ever heard of.
Speaker 1: Ever, what you're saying automatically and I say I grew up in a town called Beckham with a population of sixty five, it doesn't automatically resonate with you.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, can you not say the population because I've actually pointed it out in the opening part of the diary and it's vastly different to what you just said.
Speaker 6: Vastly different, much much less.
Speaker 1: All right, well, here's Jody's diary for this week. Enjoy, especially to you country folk out there. You are.
Speaker 6: Dear diary. As we all know, Hazy grew up in a rural community.
Speaker 2: Of sixteen people north of Plogga Wogga and Rohde a marino sheefter school and this week the animals went nuts on his farm. We were introduced to our new Flurio milk supplier at the sagur Day, Have a lat Ain's Day for an a cafe.
Speaker 6: Meet Jody the cow.
Speaker 1: This is true. Good look at that gorgeous cow, Jody. How was your weekend? Joe's really that's outrageous. Thanks all right, Jody is now getting at all fours and she's getting milk joke for jos.
Speaker 6: And apparently they weren't the only teeths.
Speaker 2: I was getting out and I grabbed a dress and I forgot that it's quite viby, and so I put it on and I walked out and I showed my boss and I said, this is a bit like car, isn't it. She went, So then I had to raid Tiff, who's the weather girl. I had to raid her wardrobe. She's a very small human being, like super tiny. So I basically presented the sport on Friday with the whole back zipump. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about the moment as well where Jodie's boobs popped out? Yea live on television and there was a couple of stars covering the Yeah, like Jackson super Bowl ESQ.
Speaker 6: A cool incident. It was crazy and it happened right as I was throwing to a Red's package as well.
Speaker 1: The reds one.
Speaker 6: Now you are our security Peacock.
Speaker 2: The General released his first single and it went straight to the top of the country music charts.
Speaker 1: Working it up.
Speaker 6: Diary.
Speaker 2: Jody the Cow had plenty of mates on the property, including Andrew Horse Hayes and.
Speaker 1: You've seen me fors like, well, I've been standing up before because I can do that. I can absolutely.
Speaker 6: Fitz also dropped in to visit the animals.
Speaker 1: Our other favorites, Fishy.
Speaker 6: Loosened the chin strap.
Speaker 1: There, Horse, you're listening out for a particular party tree and it was that case. And the Sunshine Band, Now that's completely different, Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. The Sunshine Band, like, excuse me very much, we didn't sing that.
Speaker 6: Ever. That's absolutely right, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Now you absolutely need to know this. Tickets are absolutely free, Okay, absolutely completely free.
Speaker 6: Do you want to just jam another absolutely in that one?
Speaker 1: Senter, Absolutely, I do absolutely free.
Speaker 6: Meantime, Jody's still milking Jody.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's coming out. That's quite plentiful, isn't it.
Speaker 6: And we asked the question what domestic chores get you? Well, milking the cow so to.
Speaker 11: Speak, when he cleans the roof, got it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that is something I will never be doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like when he's pulling the leaves out, it's like he's essentially like kissing your neck.
Speaker 1: What a guy? And so what happen gutters of what happens from the action And I don't want to get too detailed personal like are you storing it? Does he know what it does to you? Or you just sort of keep it to yourself.
Speaker 11: I'll just say they're not the only gutters that get.
Speaker 6: Gout sexy. Certainly got horse up?
Speaker 1: And about are you saying that when Greg turns out when he comes out of the shower and he's holding his towel, but he's not holding if you know what I mean? That doesn't impress it? How is that not impressive.
Speaker 5: While he does the helicopter.
Speaker 6: So to Jody the.
Speaker 1: Cow, Jody is now going to get all fours and she's getting milk.
Speaker 2: Joe go for Joe's the general and our matez Fiszy go off this weekend Kings and Queens. Oh my love, Jody, your soul.
Speaker 1: I don't think two people ever hated each other more in one single space, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's fierce, isn't it. It's aggressive, and it's not just constant taunts. It gets a little bit physical every now and then.
Speaker 2: Definitely does not get physical, a little bit of push. You all know who's going to win a physical battle between you and me? Like half your size?
Speaker 1: You Yeah, but you're crazy, Ne're poor?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: You buy it.
Speaker 6: Scratch cool hair pull air stand on toes.
Speaker 1: What do you think I'm balling? Has been pulling my hair out?
Speaker 12: O dear?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: Two songs this week we had our theme and that was well footy pump up songs. I came to the table with food fighters. Very hard to beat in this space.
Speaker 1: Food fighters, good songs, good pretender. I just saw something as well on my social media. It's Dave Roll rocking out to you two with the sphere cool. They're seeing a beautiful day and he's up on the top level just absolutely rocking out. There's something very special about watching a rock start rocking out to someone else's music. Very true, beautiful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and thank you for enhancing the case for food fighters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm so hang on, you've got a beautiful day or the pretender Dave goal was very very cool. That's up against an absolute classic, you know on Lincoln Park and jay Z teamed up.
Speaker 9: Enjoy it.
Speaker 1: That is an absolute tunisaurus sixty.
Speaker 6: To thirty eight. At the moment, we don't know which.
Speaker 1: Way though, which one do you think it's gonna I have no idea either.
Speaker 6: By the way, we hope mine, but who's to say?
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's really heart to predict.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're talking to a woman who went Hero by Mariah Carry last week and got absolutely sums. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But like literally my pants would down round my ankles.
Speaker 9: After that, I know.
Speaker 1: And you had no right to even get close. And if anyone that voted last week for Hero, what's going on you want to talk about?
Speaker 6: Well, maybe maybe they were hurt as a.
Speaker 1: Small child who knows maybe, but also you've chose the pretender by food fighters before. Yeah, and a lost to tom Life is a highway, Tommy Cochran, Life is a whole.
Speaker 2: I should have quit after that. I should have thrown in the banger's towel.
Speaker 1: It's really really hard to read, isn't it. I get voting at Jody and Hazy on Instagram. We're going to reveal the winning song at eight o'clock. It's very tight as well for a piece. Yes, yes, start your Friday right.
Speaker 9: Here's what you're waking up to. Adelaide the news today, breaking news. What's in the news today? Snooziness.
Speaker 1: Well first and four Joe's you're waking up to some pretty delicious weather. Twenty nine degrees.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I perhaps to shower a little bit later on, but ah, that's the best way to kick into a Friday. I'm just hovering around thirty not too hot, not too cold. Sure you want to take your shirt off, go for a run on Torrens. I'm not going to judge. Hell, I'll join.
Speaker 6: You don't have to ask him twice.
Speaker 2: Folks, Hey, Abbi in the news just mentioned then the price rises at Adelaide Oval, So let's give you a little sense of what's happening. So a full strength beer back in twenty twenty one was eight dollars fifty.
Speaker 6: Now it's nine dollars ninety. I'm not a beer drinker, so does that feel steep?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And no, because now at ten bucks for a beer when you go out is very very normal.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, yeah, Look, if you were trying to get yourself into a situation where it had a heap of beers, onder your belt, yep, I wouldn't be going to the football trying to do that. Maybe go somewhere else before we get the football, I don't know. But also, at the same time, do it responsibly, yep. I shouldn't have said any of that.
Speaker 6: None of it. Take it all back. It's fine, it's not life. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: So a pie in twenty twenty one was four dollars fifty, now it's five dollars seventy. And a bottled water was four dollars fifty, now it's five dollars forty. House wine for those who like to partake seven dollars fifty and now it's nine dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, that's a big increase, and I always wonder about just who's really policing how big the serve is. Yes, it feels like they're pretty small serve.
Speaker 2: Would they serve them in those little thimball glasses at least? I guess when you go to a pub, you get like a decent sized wine glass and they've got the line. So there's a pure measurement there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, anyway, we don't do this thing where we really show our age, but dead set. I remember back in my day, yes, playing footy as a youngster. It wasn't even called I was keep back then. But then afterwards you I get a hamburger with a lot note smarter smarter for some reason, and my little Brahams grows back then some chips, chocolate, and also like a big thing of coke. There's no way you're getting changed from ten bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so scared to work in this space in terms of how much I used to pay, maybe for my lunch.
Speaker 6: Order bacon brom you give how many cents. It wasn't twenty.
Speaker 2: Cents, It wasn't twenty but I do remember, I do remember buying twenty cents mixed lollies where you got like this massive bag mixed lollies for twenty cents.
Speaker 1: That was cooled. Yeah, you get cobbras and all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you get honestly, like, remember when you used to write out in a text on a brown paper bag lunch order. You'd probably probably talking a pie and a strawberry milk and a packet of chips for I don't know, like you we go under four bucks, did.
Speaker 5: Your lunch bags have like was it printed on there or did you just handwrite it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: You hand wrote it, Okay, we had a handwritten or sorry, we had printed ones. You just teach what you wanted. You put your notes there, like please add sauce or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, yeah, jeez, we're holding off your absolutely right.
Speaker 8: I'm waiting for it.
Speaker 6: No, no, do you know what, I don't care, go your hardest.
Speaker 3: Go on.
Speaker 1: Then they have glad wrap back.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: I'm just joking. We're just having fun purely because it's Friday. Can we do this though, Joe, it's thirteen twenty four to ten. What did you used to get that was a steal? And now everything's changed? Yeah, so just going out and having a couple of beers. Now even if you go out by yourself just to have a couple of beers to one why. I'm not going to name the place, but I'll say that I went to a sample game. It was on a Friday night, so you can sort of work out which club it was because they play a lot of the games on a Friday night. Yeah, two beers. It was a craft beer, two pints. Yeah, thirty six bucks.
Speaker 6: Wow, And I had to go about ridiculous the.
Speaker 1: First time in my life. Had to go back. And I went back to the bar keep and I said, excuse me, great establishment. By the way, just want to clarify something. Did I space thirty six bucks for two bers, to which she said, yes, it's pretty expensive, isn't it. I said, that's something we can both agree on.
Speaker 6: Can we just go back to ordering lunch at school? So when you're on the farm, how did it work?
Speaker 2: Like if you felt like a steak, sand which or something to you just walk out in them back paddock and go point to a cow, go I have.
Speaker 1: That one, absolutely, and the cow could see it coming to you, just telling its voice, Oh, something's going on here.
Speaker 6: That is horrible. Oh that's horrible.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can mercilessly rip me for my age, and I rip him for growing up at a farm with eight people in the entire.
Speaker 6: Down, and I get in trouble.
Speaker 5: Who I was saying about going in picking the cow.
Speaker 1: As you always say, from paddock to plate, fresh.
Speaker 6: Produces issue That jone's back in your day?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, like your you know, back in your day was like the father works, the mom stayed at home.
Speaker 5: So why wasn't she backing your lunch?
Speaker 6: I excuse me very much. My mother was a nurse and worke tonight shift every single evening. Thank you. Don't you dare bring Colleen into this?
Speaker 1: How very colleens sat by the way, Yes, how very dare you take it back?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 5: What else did you used to get?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Not like ten cents for a sausage drop?
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty fourteen. Can we take a little trip down memory lane place?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: What did you used to get? That was an absolute steal? But now, given the times they are changing, yes, it's just quite quite afford it anymore.
Speaker 9: Not afford it, oh.
Speaker 1: Jae's we're taking a little trip down memory lane because this is off the back of the price hike at Adelaide oval stocks there a bee has gone up almost a dollar, and everything across the board for since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: We just want to go back to the good old days where things were so damn cheap, before the whole cost of living crissis, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: What used to be a steel but now it's just a little bit too steep. Let's go to Danny, go on too, you, Danny Hiram, what do you.
Speaker 6: Use to pay? Danny.
Speaker 11: So we've just been school holidays with my grandmother and it's really going to show my age because we fit our pockets with one cent and two cent coin. Yes, and we go to the local deli and every single lollie was one cent.
Speaker 6: That's amazing, brilliant.
Speaker 11: The other day I went to the supermarket. I bought a packet of snakes, eight snakes in that packet. It cost me six dollars.
Speaker 6: It's ridiculous, outrageous, that oteous crazy. And we were just saying here, like even lollies when they're on special, there's still five dollars.
Speaker 11: Now, yeah, and they say it's half price.
Speaker 1: It never is, it never is.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Danny, Thank you so much. Liz from Strath album. What did you used to pay back in the day that you can't afford?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 11: Well, I had ten cents left over from my bus school but fair so you just scaped the old brown two scent coin in the playground. Could buy an apple to turnover?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, cool way to get through the ten cent apple turnover?
Speaker 1: How good ten cent network? What do you reckon? You go on for an apple turnover?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Your stocks there in a bakery that's up with a five or six bus?
Speaker 6: Oh easily easily six?
Speaker 1: Do you know how much it is now?
Speaker 3: Is you know?
Speaker 6: At least? And I bet you that tasted like the best thing in the whole entire world.
Speaker 11: It was a fresh cream.
Speaker 6: Fresh cream.
Speaker 2: Now it just comes out of a can, doesn't it in that situation? Well done, Thank you, Kylie from Andrews Farm. What did you used to pay back in the day?
Speaker 8: Thirty cents from McDonald's ice cream cone.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to think how long ago was that, Kylie?
Speaker 12: I don't know, but now I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as half a lot, it's a red a.
Speaker 1: Bout of dollar because that's one of the go to treats for my kids. And then you go through and the drive and you're like, wow, I did the same thing, Kyl. Remember it was thirty cents I.
Speaker 8: Used to get to Yes, you used to be able to get the flake as well for sixty Yes.
Speaker 6: If you brought a flake on its own, it's like three bucks now, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And also do they still do the Sundays like the Caramel Sundays?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yum.
Speaker 1: It sounds like we should all had to match your.
Speaker 6: Sunday party. Thank you.
Speaker 1: It is trouble.
Speaker 6: He's called as Wow.
Speaker 8: Hey, how god?
Speaker 6: Oh more importantly, how are you after the French Festa last night?
Speaker 3: Feeling pretty rough?
Speaker 1: So you she'll be so if you just tuning in for the first time. Addsie is a very very good friend of the show. We speak to you quite readily and we got to meet you in the flesh last night. As and I think it's fair to say that you absolutely turn one on.
Speaker 8: Always do, mate, always do.
Speaker 2: I've walked out on stage for the very first time, and Asie was up the front yelling out the moment walk.
Speaker 1: Did you like Jose's moon walk? There?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she looked like a sneaky cat but it was good.
Speaker 6: The sneaky cat cat used to get back in the day for a bargain.
Speaker 8: It was a bit like the first caller. You's better to go to the deli and get these little ghost drops. There are five cents each and you got all different colors and make your tongue go whatever the lolly ones. Yes, I don't have to remember.
Speaker 1: Him, but yep, traditionally I think it was blue, red and green.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the one that they brought out, black and stuff like that. But yeah, you don't get them anymore like like that lady said the bag of mixed molly these days like two or three bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I want to know, as a kid, is there anything better than changing the color of your tongue?
Speaker 9: No, definitely, not a street.
Speaker 1: Credit you get around the playground when you've got a different colored tongue. Crazy.
Speaker 6: I wonder if Adds his tongue turned into the color of bundy last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was Johnny walking.
Speaker 8: As.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for coming last night. It was an absolute crap.
Speaker 8: Thanks for having us, guys, It's awesome anytime.
Speaker 2: Our next guest is a good old fashioned Golden Grove boy who shot to fame on Australian idol with a big heart, big voice and a big fro. He's dominated the chance with nine top ten albums and by his own admission, many many, many more questionable outfits.
Speaker 6: On the voice.
Speaker 2: He's married to the Few for Jewels who Burst, two magnificent boys, hearts and Energy, and he's just released a stunning new single called Antidote.
Speaker 6: Please welcome to the studio guy see it all.
Speaker 1: Sebastian welcome, Thanks for chatting to us. And we can say this as well, even though you've been away for a long time, A good South Australian boy.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'll always be South Australian.
Speaker 6: Always good Golden Grove boy.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, I spend most of my time now in Hampstead Gardens, where my little brother lives. I always crash at his joint, getting home a little bit to watch the crows this year.
Speaker 9: So yeah, i'll see you guys soon.
Speaker 2: So obviously you agree to do a song together, you and Sam Fisher, and you've got a home studio, so you just like just come around my house, just knock on the door.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, he came over and yeah, I had this idea after my drummer's wedding. My drummer said this thing he said, Oh, you're the antidote to all my problems, and it was such a beautiful thing to say to someone.
Speaker 9: And I was like, antidote, that's such a nice thing.
Speaker 12: And my guitarist and text me the next day's like, hey, you really write something, you know, along the lines of Andy's speech last night. So I wrote this chorus and then Sam came around the next day and I played it for him, and what usually happens, we chatted for hours just about because I was asking him about his song, and I was like, I added your song this City, what was it a year and a half and they only then did it blow up?
Speaker 9: Like only after a year and a half did it blow up. And then he told me the story.
Speaker 12: He almost quit, he was dropped by his label, by his manager, he was broke, and then some TikToker uploaded this City and it blew up and then he's doing like duets with Demie Levado and everyone else. And it's funny how changed so quickly over something like that. That just gives you a sudden platform. And so we wrote this song sort of like a it's like a love song to music, and it's, you know, just saying how music has really turned our lives around and always been there for us, and it's something like whatever's taken away from us, no one can take that away.
Speaker 1: One thing I really love about you is your I don't know if it's pretty stability with your music because when we think about some of your hits and the obviously if I knowse Battle scars and then you put out a song that's really really slow, But then you put out a song like Choir, which is up and about but the subject is really really deep. So if I'm at your gig, I'm like, what's he going to do next? Am I going to be dancing? Or are going to be sitting there? Feels which which direction we're going to go? But it's actually it's a huge strength.
Speaker 12: I've always said, like when I sit down to write a song, I only really have one like sort of northern star or guiding light that I operate with, and that's like, it's a song if it doesn't either move you or make you want to move, and it's I know that covers all bases, but like if it doesn't, if it doesn't actually make me be in an emotional space, or if it doesn't you.
Speaker 9: Know, make me want to just smile and like light up my morning. What's the song really for?
Speaker 12: There are other artists that do land escape songs, know where it's like you put it in the background and it sets a mood.
Speaker 9: I just don't want to be a mood singer.
Speaker 12: I don't want to be a mood artist, you know, like I sort of want people to either pay attention to the lyrics, find their own like singing it, or I just want to have it feel good, you know, like have it put them in a good mood or something.
Speaker 9: I want them to, Yeah, just feel something.
Speaker 2: I definitely know now the next time I have people over for dinner and I want some background music, I won't go, hey, Google play guys.
Speaker 6: I won't do that to you.
Speaker 2: It's funny just Tyler Swift. For a moment I was reading it has a dead day. What she calls a dead day, so exhausted, that hazy. She just lies in bed all day and does nothing, doesn't get dressed, just eats food.
Speaker 1: Gets the cheese, put some on that gets on the count.
Speaker 2: Just face it for you though, as the father of two boys, they wouldn't let you have a dead day, would they, Unless you're playing.
Speaker 12: Bard It's funny because it's just different, like throughout through my life of touring. You know, when they were babies, they would come along, and now they're at school and they're you know, my twelve year old, he's got his own life, Like he had his AFL trials last night and he's you know, they've got their own things. So when I go away now, like when I tour, I can't even bring them along. They've got like and when I'm home, I'm pretty much just an uber driver, like I'm just going to every sports game and but but yeah, it's it's just so different. But I do relate to that dead day thing, like when I'm on tour, like I'll do a regional tour for example, and I might do Thos and I might do eight in a row or something, and it's just literally you're sitting there and it's not always for energy physically, it's just so that your voice heels like your voice is a muscle. I've smashed it for over two hours and all my songs are very high and hard to sing, so I'm literally tearing apart chords. They need that physical time to actually heal, so I will lay in bed pretty much as long as I can.
Speaker 9: When I'm on a regional too, I'll play golf. That's that's the best thing for me.
Speaker 2: You have to play on tour because in my house, I don't let my home these jewels. Like, mate, you're home, you're not.
Speaker 9: Play exactly that.
Speaker 12: When I'm on tour, I always say like, because jewels will sometimes ring up and she's like, oh, baby, you've had like x amount in a row.
Speaker 1: You must be so tired.
Speaker 9: I'm like, no, no, no, I'm good.
Speaker 12: She's at home doing all of the kids stuff, doing her job, which she works so hard on.
Speaker 9: She's literally juggling everything, and I'm just onto it.
Speaker 12: Like playing golf, I definitely, you know, I did not draw the short straw, and but I feel like now in life, like she's got the tougher job being at home.
Speaker 1: Guy, we love this single. We love that it's such an incredible combination as well, Guy Sebastian with Sam Fisher. You'll say he's got a better voice than you, but that's ridiculous. You guys are genuine and crazy. Stuff. Yeah, it's called antidote and we're smashing it here at Ova, so we should so thank you so much for the chat this morning. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: We're going back into on this daisy.
Speaker 9: Not much going on today, just another day night.
Speaker 1: It's like a second check check check the calendar's ladies, jip, is that Friday old it is? Go on, get out of your coffin your corpses. Let's take a little trip down memory lane.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 1: Thanks on this daisy Friday. It's the fifteenth of March. Let's go aback to nineteen seventy five. Will I Am? William James Adams Junior was born in La California. Todays he's forty ninth.
Speaker 6: Birthday, see only forty nine.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's older?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know. He's just achieved a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They all start young, though, all the musicians stuff. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: I love his affirmative name though, will I am not? Will I am? Or will I'm not? Or will I can't you know?
Speaker 1: Or will I now? Competing that nineteen seventy two, The Godfather movie premiered in New York. I don't know if I'm I'm definitely on the outside of this one. I've never seen the Godfather.
Speaker 6: I've never seen the Godfather. Look at it all I know is something about a horse and a head on someone's pillow. I don't know. Bla ba bah Oh.
Speaker 1: Does a horse have a sleepover?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, isn't it cute?
Speaker 1: I've let a horse sleep in my beth if we had their own.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you two could really get to know each other because you're both horses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly what this movie sounds nice. I might see it with the kids. Two thousand and one, Test cricket's longest winning streak came to an end when Australia it was defeated by India austraight head chiever record run of sixteen consecutive wins. And then from there there'll always be the debate when was the greatest eraror for the Australian cricket team, Oh.
Speaker 6: The greatest era? Well the underarm Bomi lover, I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about best team like you're talking about the Invincibles SAT team.
Speaker 2: Led by I'm sorry I chose this moment to bring up the darkest points in Australian cricket history.
Speaker 1: We've only just got over that, I know.
Speaker 6: I don't think we have. I think the keyways have still always got it in the back of their mind.
Speaker 1: Oh go, And so they should have worked discussing moments. Numb one song on March fifteenth and two thousand and fifteen, One last time by Ariana Grunde. Small but mighty she is