Speaker 1: Apoday production.
Speaker 2: We begin today by acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather today and pay our respects to their elders past and present. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's here today.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Grow and Glow Podcast. I'm Ashy, I'm Kiara. This is a podcast where we learn, laugh, and level up together.
Speaker 3: Let's go deep, let the emotions flow, and find the lessons to grow and Glow. Nothing is off the table with Grow and Glow and we're here to be your expander.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, or good afternoon wherever you are. Welcome back to Well And I've been a very very special guest here.
Speaker 3: One of my bestest friends in the whole wide world, someone who I look up to, who's just been there for me through all the ups and downs. We continue to be there for each other, and was actually very highly requested to be on the potty in our forum. Like once one person asked, it was just like yes, get.
Speaker 1: Her on, get her on. I was like, she's just had a baby. I'm not going to ask her. And then I asked her. She was like yes, I'd love too. So we've got Megsi here, Hello, excited.
Speaker 3: Every Monday episode we do a share of the week, but because you're our guest, you get to share something.
Speaker 4: Well. I think we should go for the shoes.
Speaker 3: As soon as I saw her this morning, I'm like, shoes, they're are so I can show you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these New Balances you always get there.
Speaker 3: I get the five thirties, but these are the nineties, sixties.
Speaker 4: Ninety sixties, and I think I've always looked at those and thought they looked so freaking epic on you.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I feel like I like the chunkier Yeah for me, like.
Speaker 1: So cool, chunky.
Speaker 3: I just bought a pair of green ones or the chunky ones, and I prefer them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the black and white. It's five.
Speaker 3: Why is New Balance such a cool brand now? It used to be like an old dad brand and now it's like the trendiest shoe brand now.
Speaker 4: Kay, the nineties are back, baby.
Speaker 1: The full rebrand. Got to give it to them.
Speaker 3: There was so many topics that I feel like we could talk about because just like here and I like, we talk about anything and everything and we're open books. But there's a particular topic that I feel you're very passionate about and you help so many women through and that's connecting with that inner child. So where did your whole journey start from to connect with your inner child to then be like, wow, this is so powerful.
Speaker 1: I want to help other women with this.
Speaker 4: So my journey in personal development it started years and years and years ago. And I think it was the Secret. Do you guys know that?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I love it. Yeah, the Secret.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And that was kind of like my first little thing of like, Wow, there's more to life, There's more here. I always was really curious, and after having my first daughter, Sonny, then I feel like I really started becoming super conscious to all the decisions I'm making in life and why am I making this decision? What's swaying me that way? And then I just started getting actual mentorship on just personal development and growth and what's going on in my internal world. And I realized that so much of what I think, what I believe, what I perceive, what I think is right wrong, All of these things comes down to all of the experiences I've had in the past throughout my entire life, and a lot of that is shaped, particularly when you're a child, but it can be just you know, one year ago, six months ago. So I like to call it like in a child or past self healing, and it's just having a look at you, what did I experience in all of these different moments through my life, and maybe what experience impacted the way that I think about this particular thing. So that's where it started for me. And once I started really healing some parts of me that I feel was keeping me duck or keeping me replaying patterns and behaviors that were really just not serving me anymore, I was like, Wow, this is where it all comes from, Like in a worthiness, how much we love ourselves and feel confident to go after the things we want in life, and how much we can speak up our boundaries and just make decisions that serve our higher self and our greater potential. And I realized it. It always comes back to this.
Speaker 1: I feel this work.
Speaker 3: It doesn't ever stop, right because more things come up and you're like, oh, let's unpack that. Oh that might have happened because when this happened when I was younger, And it never gets to a point where you're like, oh, I've done that.
Speaker 1: I'm all good now.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I always say that if you're dealing with something from your past, I don't feel that it's ever just wrapped up into a box. You put a bowl in it, put it away in a shelf. You way like it is a part of you, and it gets to be something that you learn how to live with, maybe more ease and grace, or maybe it doesn't affect you as big as it used to. You know, you kind of it can ease off. But we have memories. Our body has memories. It's stored somatically. There are some modalities that do say they can rearrange the way that you remember things, and so therefore how you react to those things now might not affect you. But yeah, I think that some of these things are always going to be there, even if a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I found too for myself personally, all my inner child things that started to pop up happened around the time of having my first child. Is this a regular occurrence that you seem to notice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely. I think that becoming a mummy or becoming a new mother, you know, there's so much of you that is rebirthed and your priorities are just totally rearranged. The perspective the way you see the world. You're just like wow, like there's this little human that I'm now responsible for and also showing them how to live life. How am I showing up in life? You know? So I think there's that aspect. And then also, especially when as women we have daughters, we see so much of ourselves in them and we think about, oh, how did I experience that when I grew up? Tah, did my parents teach me when or treat me when I was navigating this thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or when I went to KINDI like what kind of you know, did I have a mini trauma there where I was bleed or someone storm my lunch or you know, all these things and can really start to yeah, come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So such a good point, isn't it? Something that you said to me, which I've done two in a Child Healings with you now and they were amazing. I've spoken about in the podcast before, but something that you said in one of them really stuck with me because I kind of had separated like my younger self as like my past self, like almost like she's gone, but you were like, she's always a part of you. So now when I try to connect with my inner child. It's like she's right next to me or she's within me, but I visualize her right there and she's never going anywhere. And my job now is to always make sure that I'm there for her and giving her what she needs.
Speaker 1: And that's been.
Speaker 3: Really helpful because it's just in a way, it's just another way to support myself because she's a part of me. She's not separate to me. But I have thought that it's separate because that part of my life's done, but it's never really done. Yeah, And that was a cool realization for me. It has helped me continue to be able to from those healings not disconnect with her. I stayed connect with her because that first one, it was in your lounge room, second was in your bedroom. In the first one, I was telling you, it was like so quickly I could drop in and see her, and I cried so much because I was like, I felt like this real human that I got to cuddle and like actually fully see her pain and see her tears. And it was so easy to connect with her because I'm like, it's this, yeah, like a daughter or like a friend, like you want to be there for them.
Speaker 1: It was just such a.
Speaker 3: Beautiful experience that I wish everyone could tap into that, but I do find it it was harder to do by myself. Like it is nice to have a woman's coach like yourself who can guide you through that.
Speaker 1: So could you talk us through a little bit.
Speaker 3: About your healings and how you learn how to do that and just how powerful that work is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so cool that you had that experience and now can just now shifted things for you moving forward, because you're so right, it's absolutely this little girl she experienced whatever she experienced back then, or even your younger self, whatever age it was, they had this experience, and we grow up and we think, oh, that shouldn't bother me now, Like I was so little there it was all of this time ago. We kind of have these coping mechanisms within ourselves which our body tries to protect us. Right, it's doing its job. But that little gush is you, this body that was her. So those thoughts, those feelings, any traumas, any joys and good memories too, Like they reside in your body, in your mind and your self conscious they're there. So to just discount her and what she experienced is Yeah, a big part of the disconnection that wors her and feel and the healings that I do. I've experienced a few different ones myself and through different workshops and different mentors. It's really intuitive. I think that for me, it's really important that I build a connection with my client. And obviously we're very connected, and I almost drop in and visualize you as whatever age it is that we're talking about, and I just talk you through a way to help you in your mind to connect. Like you said, like that visualization of actually like seeing her in your mind's eye and connecting with her with your heart and feeling her. And yeah, it's just about acknowledging her, seeing her and maybe even tapping back into some memories where you get to go back and love on her in those moments and connecting with her either as the woman that you are now or from your higher self. And it's very intuitive, and like I said, it's not something that I would just do on like a one off basis with somebody that I didn't know or wasn't coach or connected with. There are certain visualizations that I couldn't kind of like speak and do like sales to record a visualization or a meditation that I think people definitely benefit from, but it probably wouldn't have the same effect like what you experienced, and it's probably what you felt trying to do it on your own. Maybe yeah, other guided you know, visualization, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure a part of your coaching too, I know for myself and for breath work too. I think why I can drop in so quickly with you is because I feel safe. And that's the importance of when you are finding a coach, that it is someone that you really connect with, you feel aligned with. You maybe share similar values with how they parent or how they show up in their relationship, look up to them, but you feel safe with them because I have been to other breathworks before, or different workshops where I maybe deep down I didn't feel safe, so I didn't drop in and relax into it. It was with you, it was just instant. So with your coaching, do you find that you wouldn't go into the inner child healings until you've done like a couple of sessions and really got to know their past and where they're at and their beliefs and theeriences.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, and especially if I know there's traumatic events or things that we're going to be dealing with. It's almost like opening Pandora's box sometimes, so you have to be really aware of that and really careful, and you know, have that rapport and that aftercare as well with someone yea. And in saying all of this as well, you know, as a coach, I see my role as helping to empower women to be on their healing journey. So I definitely also through kind of doing this experience with them, show them how they can then go and do that on their own at home, and how they can drop into it and the different things that they can think about. And a big part of that as well is, like you said, helping them to feel safe, So helping them feel safe in their bodies, and sometimes even just doing it once with say a mentor or a coach is enough to help you feel like, oh, this is actually okay, It's not as scary or hard as I thought. A lot of people think with different healing modalities, and let's say, in a child healing, they might think, oh, I'm so scared to go back there and feel that again or unpack it, or like that hurt me so much, Like I don't want to go back there. But when you're healing these parts of you and you're allowing the emotion to move through you, and you're being held in that and you are actually processing what happened afterwards, most people feel really light and they actually feel like wow, like they might have a really good sleep that night, or have lots of downloads or you know, things are shifting. But generally it's not as heavy as people think it might be, and it's not as energetically draining often as people think it might be.
Speaker 1: Because you're clearing it.
Speaker 3: You're clearing stuff that is blocked or you've been carrying the weight of it for thirty odd years, you actually get to move through some of that.
Speaker 4: The pain that people feel of like that's going to be too much or painful or overwhelming is the pain that they're feeling from suppressing and from carrying the way and like trying to stifle the heavy feelings emotions. So they're like, oh, nah, that's painful, I'm going to shut off to that again instead of learning how to let it flow.
Speaker 5: So and maybe like the outcome, So somebody who does this sort of healing and taps into it, I know we've said like that they feel lighter, but like who you know people that struggle with anxiety or maybe struggle with confidence issues, and I've spoken about that, but just kind of like maybe some transformations that you've seen from working with people and how they can come out the other side. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, I personally think a lot of these things that you talk about, like confidence and feelings of anxiousness, a lot of these things started somewhere and they're rooted somewhere, so obviously going back and trying to find and work on the source of where they originated from it is so powerful in your healing journey. Instead of doing these affirmations or reading these books or trying to take steps forward, instead of clearing and shifting the past, it just propels you forward a lot more. Not to say that doing affirmations and these other things are bad or you shouldn't do them, it's just the changing your neural pathways in your brain. It's a lot harder. It's like I always use this analogy that if you were going down a snow field and you went down the same path over and over again on your snowboard, you'd like make this deep ridge, and now what you want to do? You want to go somewhere else. So when you're trying to carve the new path, it's like harder, yes, and your board might get a bit stuck, and so then you go back the old way, the old path. And this is what it's like, trying to create those new neural pathways in your brain and take different action when you're wanting change and you're wanting to do something different. So it can be really hard if you're just like I'm going to try. But if you get out a shovel and you make the new pathway where you want to go and clear the snow, then it's a lot easier for you to make that decision to choose differently, to do differently. To be honest, people that I work with one on one, their entire lives change. Like they are just able to show up so differently as parents in their relationships and going after the dreams and goals that they have. Like people have new relationships and new businesses and new jobs, and just like they really get to flourish and they get to clear self sabotage self doubt. I've had a beautiful client find her purpose and her calling and start a beautiful business helping and healing other people. I've had a beautiful client who was able to let go over a relationship that was no longer serving her and then now she's engaged to a new, incredible partner and just thriving and living more to her values, more aligned to her values. And yeah, just so many stories like that, So.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it helps them thrive, not just survive through each day. I think a lot of people get so caught up and thinking like, this is just my life, this is how it's always been, Like I've always thought like that, or my mom did this, It's just what it is. But it actually doesn't have to be like that. You can change your beliefs, and you can change the way you see things, even though your childhood might have looked a certain way. Do you think the first seven years of our life is the most impressionable and that's where most of our beliefs and experiences come from that shape us to be howd we show up as adults?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what they say. That's the most delicate time in our life, those seven years where we're so connected with our caregivers, so we really learning and watching from them and being little sponges. And if we're not receiving the love and affection and care, and we're not held through our emotions and you know a lot of these common things. You know, all of our parents doing the best they could with what they have. But there is a lot of people out there walking around that experience that. So that's hard wiring your system telling it this is how it is. And it's also putting your body in maybe fight and flight, or it's telling your nervous system then that like this is dangerous, I'm in fear and might develop some tendencies to help us gain a little bit of control. So we might have picked up some habits or some little quirks or things or behaviors and patterns that now we're thinking that doesn't serve me anymore, or could come back from those years. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for anyone listening and they've never done any of this work, but they feel a pull to do it that I don't know who to go to, that I don't know where to start. What advice would you give to someone.
Speaker 4: The first bit of advice I would give is to really dig into finding the courage to going there and finding a way to help yourself feel safe in your body and you know, this work is so nuanced. People can be feeling really really unsafe in their current state in their bodies and think, oh my gosh, to go there, it's too much. So the first part of your work would be to work on your nervous system, to work on just yeah, coming into your body so like breath and slowness, and creating a little beautiful space for yourself to do any of this work, carving out some time, setting up a beautiful little environment. You can also find something that can be like a tether for you to hold onto, you know, like when people go diving and they follow the rope. Something you might have a pet that you want to keep close by in stroke, or a teddy or I don't know, something that a partner or something that you can kind of hold onto for a bit of safety as you dip your toe into this work, and that keeps you grounded and feeling safe. So that's the first thing that I would say. The second bit of advice that I always give, which is easier for parents, but it can be helpful to anyone, is to connect with someone. So if you're a woman, connect with a little girl that you know around the age that you're wanting to kind of drop into and think of her like imagine your doater, imagine your niece, imagine whoever it might be, and say, in a moment that you might be feeling like you're not confident to go and do something or to speak up, to have a boundary to express what you want. Imagine this being your daughter and what you would say to her, and how you would hold her, how you would hold her emotions, how you would look at her, and then you can start to envision that being you.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 4: And I guess if you don't have a coach currently, or you're not ready for that part in your journey, or you don't think it's for you, or you feel it's out of reach, I've just launched my new monthly membership. It's called the Growth Resort, and that's where you're going to be able to stay tapped into all of this kind of work. And my plans for this space are to have little visualizations and meditations and it is also going to be giving you constant inspiration and motivation just so that you can stay kind of I guess, yeah, like I said, tapped into this work and see other people doing it within the community, it starts to kind of get normalized for you. Yes, yeah, yeah, and you think, oh, okay, I see these other people doing it, It's okay, I can do it.
Speaker 3: How important is your environment and who you surround yourself with exactly? It inspires you, it leads you, it normalizes it. And once you start to surround yourself with people doing this work as well, I feel like you can even feel a divide of other people that those relationships weren't serving you or they're not in that same path as you, and you can see how that might be holding you back. And then you surround yourself with people that are doing this work, it just makes you want to lean into it more and it makes you feel safe to do it as well. And then I think when you feel safe, you feel progress, you enjoy it more, and that's really cool as well. Our second session that we did together was so different to the first. When I first started coaching with Megsie, I felt this pool to find a coach that worked with women on their feminine energy and the inner child healings and everything, and I was like, look around on socials and I just couldn't find him on that connected with it.
Speaker 1: I was like, what am I doing?
Speaker 3: I think I hesitated because we're such good friends. I didn't know whether you would want to cross that path. But when you said yes straighta, I was like, yay, and it was beautiful. But the second one we did was so different. So you laid me down in your bed and you've got your salt lamp, beautiful music and sprayed some delicious smelling I don't know, it was lovely blanket over me, and you basically took me through like a guided would you say, meditation or visualization, and we went back throughout my whole life, and I was in a state that I could actually visualize so many different ages, and so many things came up that are like I just had not thought of or remembered in god knows.
Speaker 1: How long, just different stages.
Speaker 3: I think most of them were harder times in my life, from when I was you know, three to five, to seven to nine, ten, thirteen, fifteen, seventeen, I think it was twenty twenty three, like all these a and it was incredible to go back had so many Yeah, there was a couple of pages because Megsy wrote out everything that I was talking about, and in each of those moments, it was just so cool to go back. I could remember where I was, I could remember like how my hair looked, I remember just what I needed in that moment. And there was one particular bedroom I would think I was thirteen.
Speaker 1: I remember the house.
Speaker 3: I had rainbow colored walls, and I just remember this one particular powerful moment because it was at a really hard point in my life with my stepdad, and I remember he had sent me down to my room and I was crying by myself and the way you guided me to for me now I as an adult and my higher self who I am now to walk into the room and meet my little girl and give her what she needed.
Speaker 1: And it was so cool.
Speaker 3: And I remember like sitting I was crunchedhopping a ball as a little girl up near my pillows, and I remember me sitting on the edge of my bed, not going in too quickly because I didn want my little girl to feel scared, and just.
Speaker 1: Making sure she felt safe.
Speaker 3: But like just everything that I would have dreamt of having my parents do as a little girl, and I got to go and give that to myself, and that was so powerful to not only heal me at that age, but then also to realize like, wow, I can actually do that at any moment, at any moment that I need safety, security, reassurance, and I feel like my whole life I have always looked and this is like my anxious attachment too, which we've been learning a lot about. I've always looked for someone else to make me feel safe because I never felt safe for my own body, or in my environment or in my upbringing. So in that moment at age thirteen, doing that for my little girl and just like holding her and I reckon. We probably stayed there for quite a while, just holding her. It was just so powerful. So from then I've been able to and I'm still practicing. I'll still have moments where I'll be like, oh, this is interesting or this is uncomfortable, and I've got to carve the space out to do that. But it's so nice to know and everyone listening that you can be that person for yourself and we don't have to keep looking for outside people or things to fill that void. We've got that than ourselves. But I would never have known or believed that, because I've heard people say that before and I've kind of not rolled my eyes.
Speaker 1: But maybe now I've experienced it, you got to be honest, keep it real.
Speaker 3: But experiencing that, I was like, wow, And that is where I see the power in having a one on one coach. Because I love podcasts, I love reading books, I love going to seminars. They're all powerful and I would always do that stuff, but there is something so powerful but having a one on one coach that can really just meet you where you need to be met and help you see the true potential and light that we all have within our hearts and our bodies. And like, I just, yeah, thank you so much for that because it was so awesome. But it's so cool, even out of two sessions, how much I got out of it. Yeah, Like, it's so cool. And I love that you've launched this membership. I've been waiting for you to do something like this because I feel like so many people, even in our forum, want more access to you and your wisdom and your light and your energy and your knowledge, but it hasn't been as easy to access that. And I'm so lucky I've got you as a best friend that I can call you and drop into your case and say hello, I'm back. But also why I've chose you to be my godmother for my little girl Tala, because I just know how safe and hell she's going to feel with having you and her life just like I do.
Speaker 1: So the work you do.
Speaker 3: Is incredible and magical, and I hope everyone got just a little glimpse and taste of that. But if they're wanting more, reveretly, you have this platform now that they can come and connect with you to get more of it.
Speaker 1: Because we love you, love you so much. I love you, Thank you so much for being here today.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Thank you appreciate it so much. Obviously we could talk for hours and this isn't it. We've got another episode coming, so our next episode with Megsi will be on Feminine Energy, Yes, which is going to be so beautiful.
Speaker 1: But where does everyone find you? On Instagram?
Speaker 4: Can find me on Instagram at megsi Underscore and and my website is megsian dot com.
Speaker 1: You're so get to connect with you amazing. We'll leave all the details in the show notes below. Thank you so much. Guys.
Speaker 3: If you think anyone could benefit from hearing this, please show it down to your friends and if you.
Speaker 1: Haven't clicked follow, please do. Takes you two seconds. It really supports our podcast.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening, see you next Bye.