Speaker 1: Oh no, what one of my little things on my bracelet came off.
Speaker 2: It's a shame into the world. Hi, everyone, smell I want. As soon as the mics went on, Mel said that I like, great, we'll just keep that in. Something on a bracelet broke. Everyone. That's not lucky, but it is Lucky Dip time. It is Melon Monte. Thanks for listening in Hope you well, we're whatever you're doing, whatever you're up to. Here's your little bite sized morsel of a podcast for you. Okay, So Mel, I'm going to do today's like you Dip, and I'm going to ask you some questions. Okay, okay, and you just give me the answers to them. We did this a little while ago. They're just random questions that you ask your friends to get to know them a bit better.
Speaker 1: I loved questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Here's the very first one. Some are silly, some are not. If you had to eat a crayon, what color would you choose?
Speaker 1: I reckon a good gauge for this would be what color snake would you choose to eat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I automatically go lolly, even though a crayon won't taste the same but what would you What color would you choose of a crayon?
Speaker 1: Probably yellow? You go red, I'd go red, hands down. I like I would go yellow. Really, I feel like there would maybe be a lemon flavor to it. Red.
Speaker 2: I don't know what flavor are. Probably it's a erry of some form. The best kind of flavor that there is? A yellow? Would you go in a bag of mixed lollies? Would you go yellows? In greens?
Speaker 1: Look green? Green's hit and miss? Yeahau sometimes green has too much of a flavor to it. Yeah, yellow is like neutral almost. I would always grab a yellow first. Snake's always grab a red first. Or I'd go the red and the purple. No, no, of a purple. You know what I beat? You like black currant icy poles as well?
Speaker 2: I haven't had a black currant icy pole.
Speaker 1: Yes you have. I would have one a purple funny face from primary school, But you want to definitely no, never that I have like a black currant flavoring. I put in my drink because I am so sick of plain water that I have like a black currant. It's like a healthy riebina. Fucked that rye beina. I'd rather drink anything. I'd rather drink my own peace than drink rabina.
Speaker 2: Are you serious again?
Speaker 1: Yellow?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'd like, this is why you have these conversations, because this is something new about you. Why are you so anti black currant?
Speaker 1: Because I just hate the flavor?
Speaker 2: Really yuck, yuck? Oh yum, my stepsister when we were younger, because remember you used to think when you were younger, Ribina was healthy. She used to have a ribean or in her bottle. And now we're like, oh my god, can you believe you had riebin or in your bottom?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I remember laying on couch sipping on my beaner because it was like a healthy, juicy kind of It's like.
Speaker 1: Juice and it was like ninety five percent concentrating.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so sugary. All right, what's something you never want to spend money on again?
Speaker 1: Brazilian wax? Oh, yes, you know what. I'm just raiser now. I'm not going through that pain anymore.
Speaker 2: I've decided quite a while ago. Two, I'm like, I'm done with that. Why the fuck am I doing that? So I beard tremor mine? Yeah, I mean there's enough pain in this life. There is there and you.
Speaker 1: Never get used to it.
Speaker 2: I'm so shocked though, that you we've spoken about this before, because you're like, no, it's the angle that the hair grows back on is what makes it itchy and stuff and razoring does that? Like I've raised my once and it was so fucking itchy.
Speaker 1: See, I don't get itchy. What I said was it doesn't grow back thicker. It's just a great where I read it grows back thicker. Yeah, well, like I'm right, But you know what's funny. You never get used to that pain of the pool of you.
Speaker 2: It's so hideous.
Speaker 1: Am I surprised this is to your mind? I was surprised that asks never hurt me much. Yeah, and I never fee because it's like a really taught area.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, it never hurt my lap got my position to get into to get your asked, and remember you'd have to face the side.
Speaker 1: And just open your It's the worst job. It's the worst job. Imagine the stories if you are an ex Brazilian WAXA hit us up with your worst Imagine some of the ship they you know. I had a friend that used to do it, and she was saying to meet people would come in when they had their period.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's discussed.
Speaker 1: It's health hazard. But even if you've got a tampon in no, no way, yuck and it hurt more too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely does, not that I've had it, but you know when it's a certain times the month more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other day went and had skin needling done and I sent your phone on anyway, They're like, don't numb it. This is a medical grade needle that they're putting in my face. I've had three natural births. Yes, And I went and the excruciating pain I was in, I had tears streaming down my face. I had to get her to keep stopping. And then I'm like, is it the time of my cycle that's making this hurt more? She's like, yeah, that can make a difference. And then I'm thinking, these fucking monkeys. I have no idea that they know what they're doing. Because then I said to her, as it hurt you, and she said, I haven't had this one done yet. It's a new machine. I have never been in more pain in my whole life.
Speaker 1: Why would they advise you against using numbing cream?
Speaker 2: The company says not to use numbing cream and She's like, it's more for me, so I can see what how your skins responding? Like, fuck mate, it hurts so bad. And I've had a lot of needling done before.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's really deep like the needle megade.
Speaker 2: Must have been megadeep. Oh god, even thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Just your skin looks fantastic. Though.
Speaker 2: It takes like three months to get any results, and you've got to do three lots of them. I said, I can't do that again. You now I have to do a different treatment. I just can't go through that. Okay, what's the last super weird thing you searched on your phone?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You'd have skin?
Speaker 1: Me? Yes?
Speaker 2: How many times treking?
Speaker 1: You google a day? Anything that I don't know the answer to. I google any conversation. It's like now, and you know what fucking kills me. If we're sitting at the table and having dinner and someone asks something because I've tried not to bring my phone to the table, but my daughter's phone's always there, it irritates me. Hey, Siri, I'm like, pick up your phone and type it in. Are we at that point of laziness?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate Siri. Look, I couldn't even tell you that if someone looks through my Google search history, give.
Speaker 2: Us a couple of them.
Speaker 1: I could be in prison because I will google anything anything.
Speaker 2: Can you get on your phone your Google history or no.
Speaker 1: I don't know, how do you do that on my laptop? Right now? Hang on, let's have a look history. Oh my god, Oh there is things on here. I would not.
Speaker 2: Say, tell me, tell me, no, tell me what you've got?
Speaker 1: No, yes, you've got to yeah. No, oh, okay, I'll tell you some things. What position should your tongue be in at rest for TMJ?
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, you got TMJ? Yeah? What is it?
Speaker 1: By the way, they said that it should be like when you say the word mine, when you get to the nah bit, how your tongue just touches the top should be like that with your mouth slightly open. Come on, you assifting God, there's lots of Instagram.
Speaker 2: Give me your top one that you were denying to give me?
Speaker 1: No, look, I would have to say.
Speaker 2: Some things better left unsaid, some things, some things have to stay private. Wow. I would love to know it so far on for you to not share? Wow? Okay, if you got to choose your name, what would it be? And why I know it would have been Jade as a kid.
Speaker 1: No Ah, Karen was my favorite name as a kid, as a little kid. I think because I had a neighbor whose name was Karen. She was so cool. You know, in the eighties there were those mums who had spiral perms. She was a bit of a hippie. She was just so cool. Obviously not that now. If I had to go back, like a name, I would have liked yes to be called or what about now? Look, I love the name Stevie.
Speaker 2: Yes, Stevie's cool.
Speaker 1: I like. Yeah, names that sound that could be male or female?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you look like? You could get away with Stevie for sure.
Speaker 1: Fucking hate Melissa.
Speaker 2: I don't know whatever. It's hard now, isn't it Because when you're a kid you just used to think of what you want to be called all the time. But you don't think of it as an adult.
Speaker 1: No, you don't.
Speaker 2: You just mal You know.
Speaker 1: What though, even with mals, if I meet someone like Mail your producer on the three PM pickup, yeah, I'm always fascinated. Which variety of mal are you?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Melanie? Melody? Yeah, Melinda? Which mal are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What mal are you? Yeah, well you're Melissa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you would have gone Karen if you could have chosen as.
Speaker 1: A really little kid as an adult, something like Stevie, Alex Max.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could be a Maxine and Max for short.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, and last question, have you ever seen a ghost?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen one, but I feel like I've felt things before. Yeah, okay, like I've felt I think I told you this last year, when Mark and the kids were overseas, I would wake up in the night and I would feel like someone was sitting on the edge of my bed and there was a sense to me. And it could have just been me trying to make myself feel better, but there was a sense to me it was my dad, that's right, yeah, because maybe I was scared. There was a level of comfort there. And I've seen some weird stuff, but I haven't actually seen a form of anything.
Speaker 2: I don't even know you. I haven't seen a form. No. When I was in America, so Stacey lived in dorm rooms in college and they're just like a bit renowned for being a bit haunted. But I saw a shadow on a wall and a door slam and there was no one in there. It freaked me the fuck out. I ran out and ran up to a different room. But I remember being in her room and going, what's that just seeing like a yeah, a.
Speaker 1: Shadow, Yeah that's fun.
Speaker 2: It was terrifying. It was terrifying. And I remember going, there's literally no one here, like it was just you know, when you just know there was no one there, but there was something there for sure. But also we used to do seances as kids all the time, and that shit was fucking full on. Like stuff used to happen and things used to be read out that It's like this is so strange, and then yeah, weird things would happen with that, and you just can't fuck with that stuff. I used to be like, I'll never do this in my house.
Speaker 1: I absolutely believe in all that stuff, but I do. I listened to an episode you know that podcast How Stuff Works, Yes, And they did an episode on Wigi boards. Is that hey you say it wigigah? Yeah, And they were talking about how they've done studies on how you don't even realize you're doing it. It's called it's some sort of effect, you know, when you're pregnant, and they do that old thing that they put the ring on the necklace and hold it over your tummy. Yes, there is part of your brain. You're not even consciously doing it, but what you're hoping for is making it either turn or rock back and forth. And it's like five girls. But it's that same principle. You're not even aware you're doing it, but on some level you're subconsciously moving it a little bit in some way. I don't know. I do believe there is some messed up shit going on there, Like, how's that whole? I wish we'd go back to the old days when things were wholesome, where we just do seance and summons spirits. I'm being sarcastic. Let my kids be on their phone. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to love that stuff. Was so fascinated by the.
Speaker 1: Two fingers lifting up personally.
Speaker 2: All that never worked. The levitating for me never.
Speaker 1: Did for us. I didn't even understand it. Weird.
Speaker 2: Hi, we're out of here, everyone, Thank you for listening. Please get in touch with us. Show and Tell Online on Instagram is the best place to get us, and if you can give us a rating or give a comment. Wherever you listen to your podcasts and out to our patrons. Thank you Over on patreon dot com Forward Slash, Show and Tell Online is our patreon. You get an extra one every couple of weeks over there for about five bucks a months. What's with the running of the podcast?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: All right? Chat soon mate, Love you