Speaker 1: Morning, Melbourne, Olivia Dean Man, I need right on seven thirty. This is number one hundred. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well tell you what is a dat of three. There was a headline I heard yesterday afternoon on the news which definitely caught my attention and increased anxiety, and that is that a stabbing has gone down at a school in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: So this is between allegedly between a teacher and a principal.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, Keysborough's Secondary Colleges where it took place yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: But before you dive into it, Jay's just on that you send your kids to school, in your case, to things you think they should be safe.
Speaker 1: You know what, Clint, When I heard this story of this afternoon, AO freaked out and needed to know the school straight away. And secondly, I know this sounds bad, but I wasn't. Just in this current environment here in Victoria, I wasn't super surprised. It was just like, oh, another incident at a school. Okay, which one is it now?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: It sounds like the school handled it very well and very quickly.
Speaker 1: It all took place about three o'clock. I've got the message it went out to parents. This was late year staff and.
Speaker 3: Just before you do, Keyesborough's Secondary College is where it happened. And that school, we understand as you're about to read, responded very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sent a letter out saying, dear families of Keyesboro's Secondary College, we are writing to you regarding the distressing incident which resulted in our principal sustaining injuries at the campus today. He was assist by emergency services and taking a hospital. We've spoken to him. He's recovering well. No students were involved in the incident. The alleged perpetrator is with the police and will not be back on the school grounds in any way. For more and the latest, let's go to Christina Hearn from Channel nin's Today show. Hey Christine, good morning, Good morning guys, which we're chatting under better circumstances, but another incident in another Melbourne school. What can you tell us the latest this morning?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I can tell you that principle, which is Aaron Sikes, he's recovering in hospital. He's got non life threatening injuries. Now the other teacher, who is the alleged attacker, he was also taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries under police guard and I understand he has been released from hospital this morning, but no charges have been laid at this stage. Spoken to Victorian police, they say the investigation is ongoing, so that's not to say that charges might not be laid in the future.
Speaker 2: So Christine, do we know what actually happened?
Speaker 4: I understand that there has been some altercation between the principal and the teacher in and around the science block and as a result of that, the principal has been stabbed allegedly by the teacher.
Speaker 3: Is Chris good Morning, an alleged motive here, not.
Speaker 4: That we can say at this stage. All I can say is there has been some altercation, okay.
Speaker 3: And the response from the school we heard Jayce read that memo kids did how are the kids in this moment where they were taking shelter or do they see anything with schools in lockdown?
Speaker 4: Right? Well, that's right. So the students, some students said they actually had to hide under their desks for twenty minutes. You can imagine how scared they would have been while the school was placed into lockdown. That would have been the longest twenty minutes. And then that they do as you would know, Jose have procedures for schools in lockdown. Unfortunately it actually happens with increasing regularity and they're only allowed to go when the police came to the school and then they could go home.
Speaker 2: So Christine, I've heard this story, but do we know was it a knife that was used? I mean, I think people in Melbourne at the moment hear about a stabbing and straightaway think the worst. But do we know if it was a knife.
Speaker 4: Police aren't saying at this stage whether it was a knife, whether it could have been another weapon. So we're going to have to wait. We're going to have to wait till their investigation is complete.
Speaker 1: Right if it is a knife, it's timely because was it yesterday the amsdy on carrying knives was lifted Insidia?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. I think it was either yesterday or the day before. And also it was last week that there was another stabbing at a school in Berwick where a young kid was stabbed. So you know, this is something that obviously is concerning Victorians at the moment, the amounts of knife crime. And I've spoken to police here quite a bit in the morning with my job, and they say they're attending stabbing daily. So it's a big problem in Melbourne at the moment. But now that it's infiltrating the schools, I mean that's you know, even more concerning for parents.
Speaker 3: Hey, her, is it business as usual for the school this morning? As usual as it can be?
Speaker 4: It is, Clint. I've got a text message from one of the acting principles and she said last night just reaffirming that the school is reopening as normal this morning. I believe that is around eight twenty this morning.
Speaker 1: Which I think, you know what, for the kids is probably a good thing normality. Otherwise they're going to be sitting at home just asking questions and you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought very much with that school community, there will be a lot of people who are really rattled by this.
Speaker 1: Kristin Haran from Channel nine to Today Show, joining us on the Hey, thanks, Chris, are you missing You're missing Clint there at all?
Speaker 3: Or yes?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, dreadfully we all are force.
Speaker 2: You can have him back at any moment.
Speaker 4: It's all yours, Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren wake up feeling good.
Speaker 4: Following them on the socials,