Speaker 1: We got get you remoding every day day, Adelaides. I don't know, Jodes. Let's talk about social media.
Speaker 2: Social media can be a really really beautiful thing, a great rate to promote, to discover information and really spread a lot of love. Yeah, but also unfortunately there's a lot of situations where a lot of hate is spread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it feels a little bit like the wild West, which is why in Florida, the governor over there assigned a restrictive bill preventing children under fourteen years of age from having social media accounts. So the bill will ban children under fourteen from having any social media accounts, and then fourteen fifteen year olds will require parental permission. Don't hate it.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love it now. I think it is fantastic one because before the age.
Speaker 1: I may I don't even know what the age should be.
Speaker 2: I'd say thirty thirty plus before you stop genuinely procrastinating. But fourteen and under, it's just I don't even think what sort of positive you could do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: It's saying that their brain haven't developed enough to have the ability to know that they're being sucked into all these addictive technologies and what's harmful and what's not. I think two things that concern me is predators on the internet for a start, but also secondly the impact that it's having on our young girls and boys in terms of body image, where they're just bombarded with all these filtered images now and you just walk away, I know I do. I'll walk away half the time just feeling crappy about yourself.
Speaker 1: Which is shocking.
Speaker 2: So I have three kids, the oldest are five and three, and to imagine that they'd been in a situation where they are genuinely depressed and sad because of things that has been directed to them on social media genuinely gives me this weird feeling in my stomach.
Speaker 1: That's not a good feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So social media as a teenager, how to go for you?
Speaker 4: Well, I was right, I think in the thick of it. So I was just saying that for my eleventh birthday, mum, let me get Facebook. So I was eleven on Facebook, which honestly wasn't that bad back then. It was like You're posting your little photo booth selfies with your friends and like it was just silly and fun. But the worst was I don't know if people would remember there was a platform called form spring, and then it turned in to ask FM, and it was a platform where you could ask and answer anonymously with people you know, and lots of the really popular kids would set it up.
Speaker 5: People would ask who do you like? You know, what are you doing this weekend? All that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: But then for kids like me, on less popular kids, we'd cop the ugly side of that, So you get the anonymous messages about what you look like or about your other friends and things like that. So I copped that a fair bit from the age of about twelve to fourteen. But that platform died out pretty quickly because of that.
Speaker 2: Did your mum know that was going on? What we know about your mom? If she knew that would break her home?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, she never knew. But this is my concern with the making the bands right. Kids will find a way to do it, and potentially it's worse because then they're hiding it and not talking about it. But no, mum never knew that I was on that Facebook. At least she could monitor me and see what I.
Speaker 3: Was doing was about you abs.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't have kids, but I've got nieces and nephews and they have social media, and it terrifies me because there is such there and it's been proven the link between poor mental health highest screen time. But I look at them as well, and they're not in the cast. I can say this, but their attention spans. Getting them to do stuff can be so hard. You ask them to do something and because they're so used to seeing ten second clips and things. And I even find it myself now, I can't focus, like studying for UNI, I've got to break it up into all right, I'm going to do twenty minutes and then I'm going to go and go outside and get some sun and come back. Little things like that. Because your attention span, you just can't. You can't hold your attention span anymore.
Speaker 3: So I could never hold it well before.
Speaker 6: But there's all this research about how bad it is for our mental health, and you know, our health system is under so much pressure. Our mental health is as bad as it's ever been. But yet we're all on social media. So it's to me, it's petrifying.
Speaker 3: They're going to be the first generation coming through now. I guess maybe ours or maybe a bit younger, but coming through now, we've never seen this impact before. So well into our adulthood. What damage is social media doing to all of us? We're about to find out, And.
Speaker 7: It's all keeping up with the joneses.
Speaker 6: I need to have a new dress for this every time we talked about it a few weeks ago, trying to find something to wear and feeling really crappy about yourself because I've got a Reber address. So I wore that a few weeks ago. Did I post it on Instagram? You know, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's a good conversation.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to come through if even if it was fifteen or sixteen though social media, I'd be very comfortable that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I'm with you on.
Speaker 2: That messages and that don't be a jerk on social media, and no, going after cane corns is not an exception.
Speaker 1: I still going after me a little mate's quite What the fork?
Speaker 3: Okay, what the hawk? This was born out of the fact that Abby from the newsroom would steal all the forks in the kitchen here and over and take the home with her and not return them. And a few of us were scratching our heads going on before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we went to Abby's house and turns out it's a fork palace. Yeah, it's just a palace made out of fork.
Speaker 6: Fun fact, there's two at the moment that don't match Mum's coloring, and she's like, where have these gone from?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can most definitely.
Speaker 1: Tell you the sticky fingers smith they do.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we expand this out to all facets of life, and you've stumbled across something magnificent and pet related.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is pet related and a local story.
Speaker 6: So essentially a tea tree Gully pensioner sent her English setter I think they're called setter.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dog Miracle up to Cans.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: She is about she's sixty nine years old, so she doesn't want to go and do the.
Speaker 3: Shows because it's a lot.
Speaker 6: So the dog was meant to go into a heap of different dog shows up near Cans.
Speaker 7: Okay, So the dog's gone up there.
Speaker 6: Then all of a sudden, the person, the pet sitter, who has taken the dog has gone, Ah, we've got a bit of a situation.
Speaker 7: Miracle has run away.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well that's classic miracle too, by the way.
Speaker 7: Classic miracle.
Speaker 3: We've always said that on this show into state and just goes enough. So poor Margaret, who's from Adelaide. She has gone.
Speaker 6: She sent thermal drones up to Cans to see if they can find this dog. She's also hired a pet detective.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 6: So this pet detective and they thought they may have seen the dog one hundred and fifty kilometers from where Miracle was.
Speaker 3: But they are still trying to search for this dog.
Speaker 6: So it leads the question how far have you gone for your dog?
Speaker 3: Links that you've gone, We've got too ridiculously spoilt sausage. I do.
Speaker 6: And about a year ago with it's nearly a year since Tank got iv d D, which is a disk issue in his back.
Speaker 7: He's basically stopped walking overnight.
Speaker 6: And I now every well we've we've gone out to now eight every eight weeks I have to take him to an animal chiropractor to get adjusted.
Speaker 1: You're still taking him to the animal psych as well needs one.
Speaker 6: But yeah, shout out to doctor Chris who literally has saved his life Cloverly part chiropractic. I'm going to give them a plug. Literally saved his life. We went to the vet. The vet said, look, you need to do ten to fifteen grand for surgery, and there's no guarantee that he'll walk again, or you need to put him down. He is eight years old, maybe it's time. And I was like, and Mom's like where there's got to be another way. And we found doctor Chris, who never ever ever not go to that's not Yeah, that's a nice ending anyway. So I go to the animal chiropractor for my dogs.
Speaker 7: That's bad.
Speaker 3: All they get you put.
Speaker 2: Your you'd go to a chiropractic with your dogs before you go for yourself when you're.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent. I've stopped going to the chiropractor. Yeah, those two dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah do you do you buy your dogs like special.
Speaker 7: Food or no?
Speaker 6: Get they get like proper dog mins and they'll get treats every now and then. But no, I'm not a person who I used to get clothes for them, but Tank hates them. You put clothes on them and he just looks at you like you're an idiot, which I am. So see this look, same look and sat.
Speaker 1: On his back as well. Mummy's little little boy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I'm not like that. I'm not like a normal dashound owner.
Speaker 3: I don't do that.
Speaker 5: Let's do.
Speaker 3: What lengths have you gone to for your pet? Oh? Wow? Is this bit triggering for you? She lost her little Indiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we lost it, but we lost a due to old age.
Speaker 2: But we would have spent and I'd have to confirm my wife tens and tens of thousands of dollars, like back issues, she had a knee replacement, teeth surgery, so many different sort.
Speaker 3: Of bow in continents.
Speaker 2: It's severe in constance. We almost had to put a peg on it at one stage. But the amount of times where it's like, nah, she's right off, or you have radical surgery, and radical surgery got chosen every single time and it worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well not in the end, did it well?
Speaker 1: Age got it in the end. I'll stop going after Indiana. Bless her. She's watching from up above. She loves the show.
Speaker 3: She's winging on the carpet as she watches.
Speaker 2: She's winging in heaven as we speak. You appreciation for us, I'll give u score thirteen twenty fourteen. The links that you've gone to for your pets.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Shelley. Even morning, Shelley, Good morning, guys. How are we tell us about your dog?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 9: They even after he passed away, I spent money, so he had quite bad arthritis in his back legs and a disease called pushing disease, so lost the strength of his back legs. So we had he was on cartrophen, he was on golden paste, which is like a form of Timmerck. He was on ROAs hit powder. We were doing hydrotherapy once a week. We were doing dry and needly. He had a wheelchair in the air for his back legs, and I used to push him to the park, make him walk one side of the park to the other. Gradually got smaller distance in a like a kid's bite trailer.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then after he passed, I had he was the last link to my mum because he was my mom's dog originally, and I had him cremated. I had an urn that matched my mom's and a little plank. I had his ashes blown into a glass tapeway and I've got a tattoo of him.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, what a dog's name.
Speaker 9: His name was actually Kelly, but his.
Speaker 3: Nickname was Schmooba Smoker, Smoker, schmollbar Schmoller.
Speaker 2: Beautiful Kelly, you clearly have a giant heart and we love that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Shelly, Thank you so much for your call Monica. Good morning, good morning, how are you okay? Tell us about We're good, thank you. Tell us about your dog, my jog.
Speaker 8: Simball was twelve years old, just about three years ago, and he did the disc in his back that joined his back legs yep, so he had.
Speaker 11: No movement in his back legs.
Speaker 9: So I spent six.
Speaker 8: Weeks sleeping on the floor with him in my arms like a baby. I kept him in a crater around the corner in the corner while I was working from home. I've got a headdressing fell on. I work in the back at home, and I would take him to Evanston Park to have boeen therapy twice a week, accupunture once a week as well, so he would stay sleep. I sleep on the single mattress on the floor with him in my arm so he wouldn't get up and moved. I had to pick him up and carry him, take him out to the toilet, hold his black his back legs so he can go to the toilet. So he was nursed him back to health and he is writers right now.
Speaker 2: Strong, good, strong, happy ending.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for it as well. I thought, geez, I hope the big.
Speaker 3: Fellow that ca now and now I'm super curious what that alarm was to in her car?
Speaker 1: Was probably the dog?
Speaker 3: Get on, Emily, the lengths you've gone to for your pet.
Speaker 11: So I had a lot of fish and U and the rest of the fish died that I had just one lonely lonely left over, and I felt real bad for him. So I found like a classified ad where a woman was thank people fish. So I took him for a new home. He had to come to the UNI with me in a bag in a cooler. And then I met up with this random woman in a car park at night and gave her my fish.
Speaker 1: And there you go.
Speaker 2: And Emily, how emotional was the departure? And what were your last words? What were the last words exchanged?
Speaker 3: Poor guys, fish isn't going to remember anyway. Trip around that the fish bowl and it forgets everything you like?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? It changed your life?
Speaker 2: A lot of really lovely pet owners out there going above and beyond dedicated And what do you get from return love and affection for your dog?
Speaker 5: He's what you're waking up to, Adelaide.
Speaker 3: What's said Abby in the news?
Speaker 1: First up?
Speaker 3: Just a family absolutely torn apart in the last few days apps.
Speaker 6: Especially with Easter coming up on the long weekend. It is just so tragic. We've had a family, a father and a brother killed, a university professor, Danny Eckert and his thirteen year old son. They were the two who were winched to safety yesterday. So if you're not up with it, basically a boat went out on the Sunday, the family went out on a fishing trip.
Speaker 7: A freak wave has capsized the boat.
Speaker 6: As I said, Danny Eckert and his son were found clinging to a reefness Bilsby Island yesterday morning. So they were rescued taking a hospital. But Danny's father and brother and the boat operator were killed. So it's just so just horrible, so tragic, especially coming into Easter. Just such a freak accident. So our thoughts are with their family. The boat now will be subject to a forensic investigation. There was one who was found to seize who did have a life jacket near him, so you hope that you know that sort of saved the Danny and his son. But yeah, where we get to hear more details around it, loot tragedy.
Speaker 7: Absolutely horrible.
Speaker 6: Also in other news elective surgery is being canned across our public hospitals because the health system is trying to cope with demand.
Speaker 7: So the band took effect from midnight.
Speaker 6: It's all non urgent surgery, which is categories two and three in the metro area. They'll be postponed until tomorrow night. IVF procedures will still go ahead.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 6: I've got a few friends who are going through that battle at the moment, and they were quite worried. Yeah, but IVF will still go ahead.
Speaker 3: So I was.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately in Flinder's last week, I had a two and a half hour wait, which I didn't think was too bad, but you know, you can definitely tell that they're under pressure and there's a lot of stress in hospitals at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So overnight, just unbelievable scenes out of Baltimore. So a cargo ship is basically lost power and rammed into a major bridge, destroying the entire span in the matter of moments.
Speaker 2: What about the vision as well, Yeah, it just looks like obviously it's sped up, but it looks like it sort of flicks this bridge. The bridge just goes bang straight into the water like it it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So it happened around one thirty in the morning, thank goodness, because that bridge is chockers during the day in peak our commute. Apparently twelve million people crossed it last year alone, So six people are missing and the water around the bridge is only about eight degrees celsius.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So and I think apparently some sonar has detected cars in the water as well. So that is very much an unfolding story and we will keep you up to date throughout the morning. They are they're luckily, yeah, they luckily could do a bit of a may day call before it happened, so they stopped cars from entering, but one point thirty in the morning there were still people on there. So yeah, well I think they were workers, construction workers. Yeah, they're the ones that are that are missing.
Speaker 1: Perhabs. You mentioned this in the news.
Speaker 2: This is the outrageous situation at the Melbourne Football Club. And as if their last couple of years hasn't been tumultuous enough, so former Melbourne football cop doctor has admitted to conducting off the books illicit drug tests, allegedly authorized by the AFL to help players evade detection on matchdays.
Speaker 1: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So this particular doctor says players who confess to having taken drugs in the days before afl games were given secret tests to ensure their systems were clear, or advised to fake an injury so they would not risk being tested and suspended for breaches for the World Anti Doping Agency code.
Speaker 1: Oh my very goodness, Erry Murky, I just don't know how Simon Goodwin's going to talk his way out of that.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, that's messy, isn't it. That's got shades of the Essenon supplement scandal.
Speaker 1: It is a big time scandal.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: It is interesting though you sort of read it and you go okay. But then obviously we had two AFLW players who were caught with what is said to be cocaine in December. So obviously drugs are around and people are doing them.
Speaker 2: Yes, But the broader point is when you're doing things to try and skip what Ward is trying to do, you're in big, big trouble. And also if you take a list in substances and it's out of season or it's out of match day officially, it's what a fine or a strike versus I know, the AFLW don't have an anti drugs program right now, but versus on game day, for example, two to four year bam. Yeah, so there's a big, big difference.
Speaker 3: Have you ever read Ben cousins book.
Speaker 1: It's outrageous, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 6: I haven't read his book, but I watched the doco that he did, and I remember the pit that stood out for me was him coming home to his wife and going.
Speaker 7: It's Christmas and I've got this bick and blah blah.
Speaker 6: Blah, and he was whatever, and she turned She's like, it's not she said, it's not Christmas, or she said something, and the realization of him just being so off it and off his head that he just had no idea what was going on in the world.
Speaker 3: The absolute lengths that that man went to to avoid detection. His whole career was based around when he could take.
Speaker 1: Drugs in the pool.
Speaker 2: The exciting thought me, Yeah, yeah, so drug test was waiting for him, and so he said, a drug tester turns up, Apparently you've got to say, look, I'll do things on my terms and when I'm ready to urinate, you wait for me. He'd go to the pool, Lap six or a real bottle of water. He did something ten or twenty laps until he wing out water, and then he passed the test.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's not funny.
Speaker 3: By no, it's it's actually quite sad, the lengths that he would go to.
Speaker 2: Then I tell you it's not sad, though, Joe's let's seguey in a different direction, shall we? Okay, it's fifteen vending machine quiz who is somewhat of a recovering addict as well.
Speaker 1: But it's not a pretty good right now?
Speaker 3: Has anyone drug tested that thing lately?
Speaker 2: Because the test would blow up? First question, Jode's going to drop it neck. Now, let's talk about the dirty birds. The top five dirty bird professions people that are more likely to cheat.
Speaker 3: I'm so curious about this.
Speaker 1: What about a divorce lawyer? Has sparked fierce debate after revealing the five occupations that she believes feature the highest percentage of Cheatas a divorce lawyer, that would be an interesting.
Speaker 3: Occupation, well, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: I just assume it's like the Wilson and Vince Vaughn in wedding crash. It's just you know, talking people around, really talking nonsense and trying to get your away.
Speaker 9: Doesn't that be nice to have some Latin day sweating all over you, talking to you in languages you don't understand, needing you, wanting you, taking you.
Speaker 1: But I'm all we're trying to say is put your swords away for a second. Love is love? Yeah, all right, you want, I'll start at number five.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're ready, Ye, get your special comments on those and whether you think this is applicable okay or not?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Number five Pilots and flight attendants makes sense.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it makes perfect sense because you're away on location, you're in a hotel.
Speaker 1: A bit of power about a pilot, too, isn't it. Yeah, they love it. They strut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't the pilot strut through the airport with their little short sleeve uniforms.
Speaker 3: There's something not so sexy about a short sleeve shirt on a man.
Speaker 2: You know, unless you're a pilot. No, it's only if you're a pilot. Yeah, my son already wants to be a pilot. To see future dirty bird.
Speaker 3: Alert, stay away from trolley dollies.
Speaker 1: Number four men in military. Oh yeah, that's surprising though.
Speaker 3: Well, it is surprising because you see all these movies about how in love they are with their families and they just want to get home to the minnot.
Speaker 2: But also you see all these movies about how isolated they are when they're away from their families. Yeah, so it's like, who are you mating with?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Each other? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay? Number three bartenders? That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yes, it makes perfect sense, very very social occupia. You were just as a bartender. Just watch people get progressively more and more drunk and amiable. Shall we say?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know that word means, but I assume it means a chance to shack up with someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up for it?
Speaker 1: Right? Number two? This is surprising, cops.
Speaker 3: I hear a lot about that, cops cooking up? Yeah, you think about it. You spend all day in a car with someone who's not your significant other?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is in you develop a relationship with your partner? Yes, your work partner. That's interesting. We ain't cops?
Speaker 11: Are we?
Speaker 2: At number one? And I found this a little bit surprising. Firefighters men put out flames?
Speaker 1: Can you see this?
Speaker 2: All the fire is I know are absolutely upstanding, beautiful gentlemen.
Speaker 3: But also, again it makes sense at home because they all shack up together, and those big bunk things at the fire station, they're all in a room together.
Speaker 2: Are you saying the firefighters are meeting with each other?
Speaker 1: Is that what you say?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I assume, because they're all shacked up in like little bunk beds together in the MFS headquarters.
Speaker 1: Look, I've heard that it's very much a fraternity. Yeah, I'm not sure it's that tight knit.
Speaker 9: Is it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not saying they're all having interactions with one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, if you got an opinion on this, we'd love to hear from me. I four double nine nine nine nine Text one he gives care thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: You're dirty bird.
Speaker 2: Fiery, speaking of genuine dirty birds. Yeah, what about the general? Oh yes, from the saga day Avolatte stay from a cafe, probably the dirtiest of the dirty birds.
Speaker 3: So well, not now that he's loved up and settled down with our abbey in the newsroom.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't know what's happening behind the saints gentleman in battle?
Speaker 3: Yes, so musical warriors just going ahead?
Speaker 11: Be heads?
Speaker 3: What are we six ' four at the moment?
Speaker 1: Bunting heads? Like a cup of Merino rams.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, you're a couple points up on me.
Speaker 1: It would seem that my horns are just a little bit harder than yours at the minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we used to ride one of those rams to scold.
Speaker 1: Him every single morning. Fifteen mar.
Speaker 3: What was the population in your town?
Speaker 2: In my town of sixty five? Yeah, I think it's even diminished since then. There's sixteen kids in my school. And fun fact, which i've rolled off before, I was the only one of my class known in the class above two years school.
Speaker 1: Captain, baby were you were.
Speaker 3: You outrun by sheep? So there were probably more sheep in your town than actual people.
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, there's probably more Jesus, probably more everything in ourtown.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: More pigs, more rabbits or geese, more everything. Oh, anyway, the theme for this week's Battle of the Dangers Joe's. Yes, given it's a long weekend, that's the theme. So when you think long weekend a bit of a holiday, yeah, you think party, that sort of anthem, those real vibey somethings.
Speaker 3: Real holiday vibes, that's what we're looking for.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's a key word holiday vibes. Yep, take us through your selection this week and exactly what it means to you and why your song is linked to holiday vibes.
Speaker 1: What have you got?
Speaker 3: Well, this song is called horny.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that again game. Take us through why this is linked to a holiday and a long weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, anyone who's been married for quite a long time will knows that holidays are a special occasion. Sometimes husbands get treated on holidays. Sorry, hence my song.
Speaker 2: If anyone's wondering what Jody Oddie is up to this weekend, you just found out.
Speaker 1: Who's singing the lyrics here?
Speaker 10: Is it you or Greek to each other?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Okay, credit to me for speaking it through a mouthful of vomit.
Speaker 3: That's it's reconnecting.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: Moose tea Verse, hot and juicy. Horny D's selections this week, and it's a brave choice. I've gone a very very different direction. I still feel like it's upbeatee though, come on and a wrong. Why is the whole room just nodding along in collaboration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those film clips with the rappers in the car just.
Speaker 1: Going I can't do that to this, can you im Horny.
Speaker 2: Car This is an unbelievable back of this week later Hypnotize versus Horny.
Speaker 3: Who even sings your song? I couldn't even tell you.
Speaker 2: You're very Cuddy who sings hypnotized? Minus three points minus five votes, biggie right, Okay, okay, if I asked you that question, that's very fair. I mean there's not a lot of people who could rattle off their top five songs from Moose tea Verse, Hot and Juicy Hazy.
Speaker 7: I don't think that song's landed in Tasmania, and.
Speaker 3: Really we're going to play it?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 3: I think that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Last week with Peaceful anyway, vote for our songs this week at Jodi and Hazy Battle the Bangers and winning song will be announced tomorrow at eight o'clock. We play a quick little round of misheard song lyrics. Yes please, because you are on fire. Yesterday, quite randomly, you played a bit of Marvin Gay sexual healing.
Speaker 1: This particular bit sorry, what are those words there? Specifically jokes?
Speaker 3: Did you say my heart is like an oven?
Speaker 2: No, very very incorrect. Listen, listen closely, and that's all singing together.
Speaker 5: I'm half just slacking oment.
Speaker 2: My heart is like an oven, and if you sit there and you really think about it, and Marvin actually did pen those lyrics, what the hell does that mean? Like you could put one of your delicious fratatas in his heart and cook it up and then offer it to the team and no one wants to partake?
Speaker 1: Is that what you were thinking?
Speaker 3: It all comes back to the fratata, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: Everything somehow circles back to Yeah, exactly right. I feel like you'd be the queen of misheard someone, do you really? Yeah, in a really wholesome way.
Speaker 3: There's one that I always get wrong, and I know I'm singing it wrong, but I just can't help it. So Bernard Fanning wish you well. There's a bit in it where I swear to God He's singing, why do you give up on me? So soup?
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes complete sense.
Speaker 3: I just wish.
Speaker 1: Why do you give up on me so soup? Indeed so delicious?
Speaker 3: Never give up on it, give soup.
Speaker 1: It's always got your back.
Speaker 4: Producers are yeah, yes, every single time we play a Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift. Yeah, I think that she says, he looks so pretty like a devil.
Speaker 1: It's not that. Okay, well, let's have a listen.
Speaker 5: Should I hear found out? He looks up grinning like a devil.
Speaker 1: What's the Let's really analyze this.
Speaker 4: And I'm still seeing he looks so pretty like a temple every single time, and through my little wormhole. Then of Taylor Swift Mishard lyrics, a really popular one that I didn't realize was blank space. I didn't think it was this, but it was very, very common. I've got a long list of ex lovers. Yeah, people think she's saying there's a lot of Starbucks lovers.
Speaker 2: Yes, because oh that makes sense. Oh you made people of Starbucks. It's a miracle, all those tops.
Speaker 5: And they're telling her she's insane. You know, Starbucks lovers can't undo that.
Speaker 3: Now that you've heard it, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the big one for me, and just went viol the other day. I saw a river post Blink one eight two, What's My Age Again? A particularly part of the song, which I think an entire generations thought, was I took her out.
Speaker 1: It was a Friday night.
Speaker 2: I walked alone to get the feelings, because you walk alone with your significant other to get the feeling right, listen to it.
Speaker 3: I took her out. It was a Friday night.
Speaker 1: I walk along to get to feel the right. It's walk cologne.
Speaker 3: Walk alone.
Speaker 1: Walk alone is in the smelly stuff to smell your.
Speaker 5: Mar to it to go out. It was a Friday night, I walk alone. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I'm very easy mistake to make that.
Speaker 5: I'm still going to say walk alone.
Speaker 3: Don't you don't worry. I'm still sinking about me. So soon.
Speaker 2: If you've got one and gives a call, also please text it through four nine nine nine one nine.
Speaker 1: We're gone back in time. Daisies, On this Daisy.
Speaker 2: In again the Wednesday version of on This Daisy, But this feels like a Friday, or more so like a Thursday, because we've got the day off on Friday.
Speaker 10: Does that make sense Because I'm the one who said it, and it doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Then anyway, let's inject our beautiful brain with just a little bit of knowledge.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, the twenty seventh, at March. On this day in.
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy, Mariah Carey was born in Huntington, New York. Today is her fifty fourth birthday, and what we've learned about the Maria carries.
Speaker 8: Oh, she's a lot of work.
Speaker 5: A little bit shit divus and don't ask eminem about her. Oh he's a lot to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said they spent some time together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, explicitly, even had receipts, showed text messages and all.
Speaker 1: There's like a voicemail or something.
Speaker 5: From her in the song. It's the most scandalous thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: But didn't you have a connection with Christina Aguilera as well? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh he's been everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh Marshall mad nineteen eighty eight. Jesse j aka Jessica Cornish. There you go. You did not know that, expect I was.
Speaker 2: Born in Essex, England. Today is her thirty sixth, the birthday. One of those onnes you're like, are you kidding me? She's only thirty six. It feels like she's been around for about three decades, and which was six.
Speaker 4: I genuinely remember listening to her classic in primary school. Oh we get it a little, but I was in primary school when what was that big song of hers that something about money? It ain't about the money, money, money, We don't need your money, money money.
Speaker 2: She was a gun, which was she was on the voice, She was on the voice. Yeah, and everyone after watching another verse, she.
Speaker 1: Like she's actually really cool.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well right, sorry about the sisterhood doesn't mark.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty two The slack Will Smith just smacked this Academy.
Speaker 2: Today marks two years since Will Smith slacked Chris Rock at the ninety fourth Academy Awards.
Speaker 10: We all sat there, watched it in real time, went, hang on, this can't be real.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it was real.
Speaker 5: I'm not convinced it wasn't a stunt.
Speaker 1: Who does that?
Speaker 10: No, because there was. It was genuine connection. Will Smith does it, and then he
Speaker 5: Went on to win the Oscar, and then he won, and then he got banned from the Oscar