Speaker 1: Welcome to the mentor. I'm Mark Boris Tracy Sheen. Welcome to the Mentor. Thank you, Mark, author All Things AI Artificial Intelligence says here and I haven't read your book, but I appreciate this book. Here, but that's not your first book. But this is a new book. It is the new book. But you're launching is it launch it?
Speaker 2: No, you've got the advanced copy of Perfect Secret Squirrel Stuff AI and Me or AI and You by Tracy Sheen, reimage, reimagine.
Speaker 1: I should say business, and that's like a huge topic at the moment. I have to say. I am a consistent and relatively speaking new user of at least AI chatbots, so I do use AI in relation to lots of things I use in relation. My whoop has a body in their chap ont in there where you can ask questions, and I think it uses chat ChiPT four, which is like the latest iteration of cheat ChiPT and I use co pilot for other stuff. I tend to use it as my search engine these days, unless I'm on a demonstration where I'll use YouTube. It's sort of a pretty much everyone I talk to. It's like I think I've been cool and I'm one of the few people doing this, but just about every young person at least I talked to use it. Just about when I say young, like anywhere up to fifty, that's what I consider young. And they're all using it. My mates don't or rarely, but as soon as like, it's nearly unavoidable. And I'd like to ask you maybe you can give me a little bit of a history of AI sort of because it's not something that started last week, you know, like when did sort of kick off? Really?
Speaker 2: Okay, So my opinion, we've been doing this since the dawn of time. So if we look to our first nation's people and we think about song lines or we think about weaving, that is binary, that is artificial. So the concept of songlines and storytelling is really our attempt to embed information into other people in an artificial way. Right, So if you think about the actual term artificial intelligence, for me, it's been around for thousands of years. It's just humans trying to outlive themselves. But really, I mean, we can go through and look at you know, Mary Shelley and Frankenstein looking to bring to life some kind of artificial creature. All religions, all nations, have some history of trying to define artificial intelligence, but the term was coined in the fifties. It came out of a conference at Dartmouth in the US in nineteen fifty six, and then it's kind of been going through there. It went through a period of what they call the winter in the eighties where we just didn't have the computing power to catch up with what they thought it could do. And obviously in the last kind of five years it's really exponentially ramped up.
Speaker 1: So are you saying, therefore the exponential growth of it, which is probably a better way of putting it. It's not something new. It's just exponentially grown in the last few years. Is because the concept of artificial intelligence or intelligence that were not born with we don't know through instinct, etc. Or maybe we don't necessarily know through experience, but that concept has now been caught up to by computer computer powers. In other words, computing power needed to catch up to the concept correct. And so it's now the likes of Nvidea and et cetera, who are putting greater computing power into our laptops and mobile phones and all those other stuff does allow this to happen. So technology is finally caught up I said in Nvidia, But that's just one of the examples. But technology has sort of caught up with the concept.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hard way is caught up with the thinking.
Speaker 1: Really, so we're not just we're not telling stories anymore like our first nations people did and still do by verbalizing it and trying to make explanations about how things occurred by just through word of mouth. It's now been done through technology. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Correct, So it's just the next iteration for me of you know, a dance around a fire, a rock painting, a story being handed down. It's just that next iteration that humans are always looking for way to leave their mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting because there's probably lots of things that happen like that through technology. I mean everybody sort of. I think we all tend to think that our technology has invented something new that didn't exist before. And if I can go back and think about all the things times of that I have thought that, and then now if I reflect on it, and I have been reflecting out of the last six two months now, very few things are new. Like you can look at the iPhone, but before this, this is just a way of talking to someone. Now, I'm not using that. I'm just talking to you direct as old school. But I could be talking to using one of these. But that's just technology allowing me to do the same thing I'm doing now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was a Jimmy Hendrix that said three chords in the truth, Like, there's not a whole lot that comes from nothing. It's an iteration of something that's come before. So as you said, you know, I was there on the launch day of the first iPhone in two thousand and eight where we lined up around the block and you know, slept out overnight. But before that, I was selling Nokia phones with Snake building, and before that I was selling the Motorola Transportable. So before that we had rotary dialing. Before that, we had party lines, and before that we had tin cans and a bit of string. You know. It's just it's that next iteration.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A good example of that is what's the name of that video conferencing call. It's just recently closed down. I can't remember it was now. You know they said that funny sound when you used to dial into it. Oh, Skype Skype.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well skyp'es just morphed into teams. So again it's just the next iteration.
Speaker 1: But Skype is officially closed, so there's no Skype. And I remember when it first came out. It was a bit clunky, bit awkward, but he said it was sort of a funny sound to it. The thing I loved about it was when you first connected, you like a little jingle sort of thing. Yeah, and I still.
Speaker 2: Like that, or when it should make it your ring time.
Speaker 1: It's a good sound. You can do that, you probably can. And but now but officially it's it's finished. It doesn't exist anymore because now you know FaceTime face time is getting old, you know WhatsApp like exactly, this just keeps going on or not exactly. So therefore, why is artificial intelligence excuse me soon to be so so scary?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think it's just no.
Speaker 2: I think it's just the unknown. I think there should be healthy skepticism. But technology in and of itself is in innate object. So I don't believe that it's the technology that you should be afraid of. Perhaps some of the tech bros behind the technology should cause some pause, but technology by itself is neither good nor bad. It's how humans manipulate it and choose to use it. That causes grief.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. So it's the I have heard. I'll put another way I have heard. So if I go back into the middle, about early two thousands period, everybody was talking about the so called Internet of things, that is, using sensors to sense things around us on us, et cetera, fitting it into the Internet and then taking it to some administration point and being able to work out what's going on remotely from long, long way away. And everyone kept talking about the Internet things being the greatest thing that's ever going to happen to mankind, in other words, and they kept comparing it to the commercial change, the changes in commerce as a result of the Internet being existing. They say the Internet of Things will outstripped that by a hundred times. Now they're saying artificial intelligence will outstrip both of them in a commercial sense, speed up commerce, and probably there'll be something else in ten years time, more than likely. So I've come back to the same point. Given the speed at which AI the Internet of things, and before that the Internet made commerce change, and given that, people like even Neu La Musk is saying that it could be lead to the destruction of the world. What is it that we need to worry about? Because we hear these comments coming from these really famous people and we've sort of look at history and some of us believe because we don't understand this enough. And no doubt that's part of your book. But what is it that we need to be worried about? I mean, like I mean, apart from people manipulating? Is that what it is? Manful?
Speaker 2: Ultimately, that's what it comes down to. Like to me, you know, the tablet you've got in front of you, the phone you've got in front of you. Innately, they're they're neither good nor bad.
Speaker 1: They just are ye because they're sitting there. It's not a problem.
Speaker 2: It's not a problem. But if you choose to send a message that you know, destroys someone, that's the problem. But that's you, that's the human behind the tech. Uh And I think that's the same of anything. I think some of the tech bros and you mentioned Elon and the likes, you know, they're the future power grabbers. Is data. Data is currency. So that's what the play is for them as they're looking for how much storage capacity and how much data can they be gathering about us, because that's what then manipulates the commerce to build the algorithms or the AI around it to say, Okay, Mark, I know, based on these transactions and where you've been and who you've spoken to and what you've looked at, et cetera, et cetera, that you are likely to be in the market for X, Y and Z. So I'm just going to put it in front of you.
Speaker 1: But what's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Well, nothing, if it's if it makes your life easier, yeah, but if it begins to manipulate the way you think, because it takes you further and further down a rabbit hole, because you're continuing to buy in or look at that particular news article or information set that confirms your existing bias, then the algorithm of the AI is going to continue to feed you more of that, so you go further and further down a rabbit hole. And I think that's part of for me what I'm seeing with almost the division that's occurring, that we can't have a conversation without forming a you know, you said, she said, and I'm a Republican and you're a Democrat or whatever flavor you want to enter into. I think a lot of that is to do with the algorithms and the AI behind it that you start searching for x, y, and zed, so you're fed more of that to keep you on the platforms, because that's how they earn their money by you giving them eyeballs. So they're going to feed you more of that to get you to spend more time, more energy, more everything in that instead of showing you, well, perhaps I'll show you something that is the other side of the coin to that, so you can then make an educated decision on whether you believe that that is true or that is true.
Speaker 1: So are there any ethics around this, like AI ethics and organizations or generally agreed principles about the ethics of how artificial intelligence should work? For example, a good example, you just raised it. So let's say we're going through the political period. We've just gone through one, and for some reason, I keep looking up Labor Party senators and Lower House senators to Lower House members to see what their views are on whatever it is, and therefore and then the algorithm picks it up and starts feeding me more stuff. Are there any ethical groups or agreed groups that these various organizations like Instagram at matter and all that can be part of that sort of say, hang on, we should start to give Mark a balance view and you know where and so you know, the algorithm says, well, Mark's just looked up twenty things on labor. We should probably give him something on the Greens, something on the National something on the liberals, just to give him some balance or is that uncool because wishful thinking? Well yeah, but there's no ethical groups talking about that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: And well, there is ethical groups discussing it a lot, but you know, you mentioned Mata as a good example. They've just withdrawn their rights to well they're what they calling it their ability to balance content. So they've removed that now. So they've just kind of gone its freedom of speech. If you go down that that pathway, I mean you want yeah, pretty much, and if you think about it to whom I don't prove it exactly like that's there. That's their kind of point now, right, like, prove it to whom? Who is that offensive to? Because if you're going down that rabbit hole, clearly it's not offensive to you. And if I'm coming in from you know the other side, looking at that and going that's offensive. Well, I'm going down a completely different rabbit hole. But as far as meta, we just use them as you know, a term. They their whole business structure is to keep eyeballs on their platform. The longer you are spending invested doom scrolling Facebook or Instagram, they're gathering information on you, and that's converting into data to sell you more products, to give them more airtime. So it's not in their interest to show you something that you're likely to go, oh, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't know. I don't any longer believe in that theme, because you're now convinced me that I should believing in something else.
Speaker 2: That's exactly why you keep getting you know, kittens, Here's here's the latest cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well my search, I keep getting dogs because I like looking at dogs, and they keep feeding your stuff. When I go to the search, they keep showing me what I looked at, or they're suggesting stuff to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's more dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's more dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you can exactly.
Speaker 2: That's AI in action.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it's just before we go, and I wanted to ask you a question, is there I don't know how this works, but is there's somebody at Meta who can look through all this sort of stuff and say Tracey is interested in kittens and Mark's interested in cats, they actually get access to the stuff, or they're denied access.
Speaker 2: Good question. I think right now they have retrenched a bunch of stuff They could absolutely if they wanted to. I would suggest that they are probably pulling that information more for advertising purposes than for anything else, So they'd just be running the numbers off the back end X amount of videos per day, you know, x amount watched in those videos. We know the average cutoff time is nine seconds. Therefore we're going to start pushing content that is less than nine seconds. And now off the back of that, we're going to take you to a dog food commercial Aura or his dog group, or his dog walking group, or his buy a hoodie for your dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. But you would expect within an organization would have some sort of governance rules that say a low level person in the joint can't access. It's a bit like if you're working the cops, you can't just go and look at Mark Boris as far when I you feel like it, you have to. There has to be a whole set of protocols around that. Yes, I would hope that in these big organizations have access to various things that I look at, that they would have similar sort of protocols inside the joint that someone can't just walk in and do a number on me until a private investigator and might be looking at something for me.
Speaker 2: I agree, I would hope. So I also think we're at a stage now. I'll give you a good example. We've just sold our house on the weekend. It was one search of the owner's name that allowed us to find their Facebook profile and find out of how many people we were connected with in common, and you know who they worked for, and so it's not that we're not disconnected anymore. You know, the days of like, oh, how do I actually find out about Mark before I go and have a chat to win? Just going to leak dow, jump into chat, GPT or copilot, put your name in, and all of a sudden, you know, I've done exactly I'm able to. But it's also giving you the version that you've already searched for. So if you want a true version of what it thinks about Mark Borros, you'd have to open up a private browser and then put your name in and see what comes up.
Speaker 1: Right as not as Mark boris correct. Yeah, so as you know.
Speaker 2: A private browser, So just open unlog out of or log out of where you are and just open a private browser and put your name in and then see how it differs from when you're searching within your Google account or Microsoft account or whatever, and it's got your history, and it knows what you've looked for, and it knows who you are based on everything that you've written, etc.
Speaker 1: Others. It'd be interesting to get a neutral view of yourself.
Speaker 2: Well as neutral as anything.
Speaker 1: Again, an unbiased view of yourself. That's interesting. I want to go to when I come back, I want to talk about the book, but I also want to talk to you about various platforms that you can use AI as I'm talking about BT you know, co Pilot, Deep c et cetera, blah blah, the whole lot of them. Not all. We'll talk about some of them and how you can use those in business, and how you can use those to advance your business and all your life. I'm crazy about using them, but you know, I do all sorts of things and them, get them, write speeches, get them, check speeches. Get them to do side for things, et cetera. And so if I've been fairly relevant. So if I've been fairly relevant, but we'll go to the break, we'll come straight back. I'm back from the break. I'm here with Tracy Sheen and she's the author of this book. I have here in my hands. AI n you and it's quite well timed. You have had written another book, by the way, what's the other book called?
Speaker 2: So the first book was called The End of Technophobia?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that about?
Speaker 2: Well, that was literally helping business owners that were typically over forty So at the time, sixty three percent of our small business owners in Australia aged over forty five. So we didn't grow up with technology. It happened to us fantastic accountants, fantastic plumbers, but we didn't know the first thing about LinkedIn or zero or whatever. So the book was really just stepping them through basically everything they needed to know from finance software through to social media and everything in between.
Speaker 1: And did you do another book as well after that?
Speaker 2: This is the book and then I've written I co authored a book way back when I had a very very different life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the objective of this book, then, is what the.
Speaker 2: Objective of this book is really the mind shift that's required to take us from how business has always been to what's our uber Morgan? And I love that word. It's uber Morgan. Isn't it a great word? Uber Morgan? So it's a German word that literally means the day after tomorrow. But with my clients I get them to think about, well, what does what does your business look like? After AI? What's next? What's the next thing? And how are you going to future proof? You're interesting?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's pretty cool. So apart from writing a nice note there to me, so it says here just chapter one relationships the heart relationships, it's the heart of your business. And then it finishes off talking about turning ideas into impact. So do you use this? Thirteen chapters? But do you are you?
Speaker 2: It's a framework, so it's built around the word where you imagine? Okay, and it steps people through relationships, so getting an understanding of who your customers are, who your suppliers are, what's going on mart using So everything for me has to come to people. AI won't fix a business if there's problems unless you know what those problems are. So you need to have a good handle on how the business is currently structured before you can even look at AI to solve a problem or to grow, or to scale or to do anything like that. So it always has to loop for me as a customer centric or a human centric thing, So everything's got to come back to the human. AI for me is a collaborator, not a competitor, so I treat it like a team member, not someone that's going to come in and take the jobs or destroy the business or change the business. So once we understand where the humans fit, then we move on to looking at everything we're already using. So that's evaluating what's my current tech stack. I use Microsoft, I've got Gmail, I've got Outlook, I've got Zero, I've got xyz whatever, and then we can go to identify So then what's the problem. What's the low hanging fruit that if I fix that one thing now would make a huge difference. So to give me an hour back at it, give me ten hours back at it, smooth the client journey, whatever that is. Once we know that, we can map out a process and then we activate the process, gather the information and go from there. So it's really kind of structured thinking. It's a mindset shift as opposed to use this tool because as you can imagine, as we've already discussed, this stuff is changing so quickly. If I had written about you know, chat to YOUBT or co pilot or you know, into any other random tool at the moment, it'd be out of date by the time you've got that in your hot little hand.
Speaker 1: Because you've been an hour's version four, version five next month for Yeah, so it's not It's happening pretty quickly. And you're right, I mean, ask me, immortals is pretty hard to keep up with it, to be honest with you, how could But let's say my business, this broadcasting business, is there something we should be doing? I mean a perfect we can use it for editing. I get that, and I think the guys do use of editing now artificial intelligence, you know, to take out all the clunky bids, take all the awkward bits the albums and ours, blah blah blah. But how would it, say, would someone think about using one of the protocols to assist us, for example, to build our audience? Would be Is it the sort of thing you would go into into the protocol and say what is everybody listening to the mentor podcast? What do they want to hear? What's a guess are looking for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could certainly develop a listener persona based on the information that you know, the darty you'd be gathering off your server, but also things like I love that there's a platform called cast magic that I use quite a lot, and Minho two and cast magic. You can upload an audio file and spend the content so well then rep purpose it. I think it says like sixty sixty five different ways or something. So from one audio file, I can create social media posts, blogs, listicles.
Speaker 1: So it's a beneficiency, we.
Speaker 2: Ask questions efficiency, and that's also about building the audience because it's offering your listeners a way to connect with the show or connect with you or the company in a different way other than just the podcast. So here's some other content.
Speaker 1: So when it's think, when it doesn't think, but when it delivers you some other content, is it only going to deliver you the other content based on what you've already done and based on your audience, or does it actually sit back and say, you know what, everything's going in a different direction and you're going down the wrong track and we're going to take it a different way. Or is that an example example of when they say AI can hallucinate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to the first part. The cast magic and those types of tools are purely about creating additional content from what you've already preloaded, so it learns your voice, so then it can translate your voice into the written word or into video shorts that you can then upload on social media channels eccter.
Speaker 1: Know my voice by having a look, or what I've already, how I've already said stuff and whatever.
Speaker 2: And literally by listening, so you would upload the audio file and off it goes. Right. So that's great, But in terms of the hallucinations that comes back to the human in the loop, you always need to be checking your content always, you know. Ultimately, for me, it's like when you fill in your your tax return at the end of the year. The ATO doesn't care if they come back to you and go mark and you go, oh, mate, sorry my accountant did that at I don't care you signed it, sure, return exactly, And for me, AI is the same. You you still need to have your own values and ethics that you stand behind and go, I've given this the once over, We're good to go, because.
Speaker 1: Would you explain, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hallucination is just basically making bs. It just makes stuff up.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't make stuff of fine stuff that's been made up.
Speaker 2: Well no, not necessarily. It can just completely make stuff up. So I have asked in the past and chat GPT about me, and it's created a whole bunch of books that I've never written. But some of them are great titles. So do you think I made a note of them? And when that's a pretty good idea, I'm going to co pass that down.
Speaker 1: The line of comment is that comment is that something happens a lot.
Speaker 2: It is, and it seems to I find and this is just my take on it. I have no data to back this one up, so you know, it's a bit of a lick the finger and stick it in the air thing. But I think it sends to happen as we're about to get a new iteration, so as cheap. As chat GPT, for example, is going from four to five, we're seeing more of it at the moment. I've noticed it slows down and I've noticed that it will it's becoming over complimentary at the moment, and that's one thing yeah, and really kind of like, oh, that's great, Mark, that's really really fantastic. I think that's what I want you to do. And then you could spin it and say, actually, I'm going to go down this path. Oh that's a really good idea. And it wasn't doing that a couple of months ago. So I feel like I feel like this is something that happens with every iteration, and whether, again my gut feel, whether they're diverting computing power to the new model while they're testing it and just kind of phoning it in for the other one for the time being. I don't know. That's my gut instinct. And that's kind of you know, on the on the back channels when we're kind of talking in Boffen language. But when you when it does officially land, then all of a sudden, it's it's back on the money again, and you're like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I've been using I won't mention it, but I've been using one platform, which, by the way, they also end up with one of the open AI protocols. Yeah, there's not a whole lot of new ones, and it's been it's been reminding me of what I might have asked it last week because I'm not closing it out, I'm just keeping it open.
Speaker 2: Do you have a paid account or a free paid account? Yeah? Yeah, so well if you have a paid account, even with a free account, it develops a memory, but with a paid account it's certainly a longer tail memory. Yeah, I mean mine.
Speaker 1: Well, you're closing it out, though, Tracy, should we do close? So start again?
Speaker 2: I don't. I wipe conversations every now and again, so if we're talking about chat GPT, you can go into your settings and delete certain conversations or certain things. So, because I do a lot of training about how to get the most out of these tools, I'm off and in front of them in long Reach this weekend. So you know, i'll be in front of a group of business owners, and you know one might be a coffee shop owner. So I'll be on the system going I'm a coffee shop owner and I want to develop a new X, Y Z or whatever. So if I don't go in and delete that conversation next week, it'll be going, oh, you still think you've only your coffee shop? Yeah, so you know you always.
Speaker 1: Version that's the free as well. So because I just noticed that I've It sort of goes back and says, well, because, for example, because you've been interested in health, I mean i've been. I've sort of been sort of sort of cross examining it in a certain way, a cross examining a certain protocol about something that they measure in a sort of fairly aggressive way, as if it's a person. Yeah, and I can do it because you can't offend it. So it's fun. And I've been trying to understand the mathematics of something, and I'll be sort of challenging the mathematical processes. And it was, and I stopped doing it then, and but then I just asked another question which it sort of was broadly related to my question of a few weeks ago, and it brought it up again, and I felt like I was getting into trouble for something that I had said a couple of weeks ago, and it so brought it back up to me. And I'm with the help like because it didn't like it sounds stupid, but it sounds crazy. I might be going crazy. But it felt like it didn't like me asking the questions a couple of weeks ago. It felt like I was it felt like it thought I was trying to interrogate something that was intellectual of intellectual value or intellectual property that they didn't want to release to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Rights, it is interesting what I do see a lot when you say close it out. Are you continuing the conversation thread or are you starting new chats?
Speaker 1: I'm starting just one same conversation thread. Yeah, but I go on to a new topic.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that would be what's confusing it. So it develops, its memory gets a little develops a little Alzheimer's for one of a better phrase after a certain period of time. And it's tough to distinguish the amount of time because it depends on whether you're asking it to create a bunch of documents that you're going to download, or graphs or videos or anything, or if you're just having a free flowing conversation. What I've found is that I will start different chats for different questions, and that keeps a bit of integrity around that particular sure memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just gets a concentrat on the thing you're asking. A lot of people are saying a lot of it's everywhere, worry about losing their jobs, lawyers, medical, practitioners at the GP level, for example, as opposed to surgeons, et cetera, where you've got to use your hands as accountants. It's everywhere.
Speaker 2: What do you say to that, I say, AI won't take your jobs. But the people who aren't prepared to lean into AI are in trouble, which means what means they're the ones that are going to lose their jobs. They need to they need to upscale, they need to at least get their head around what's going on at the moment. Interesting you talk about healthcare. I was just saying to Sammy before I came in that it launched a couple of years ago, but it went actually live last week in China. There's now an AI hospital can treat ten thousand patients a day. Wow, was developed by one of the universities over there, and it is all AI driven. AI doctors, AI nurses, AI admin ten thousand patients a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny you should say, because there was only thinking a few days ago and actually in this morning about mortgage broking industry, which I mean, I have a big mortage business. Ener I can see it sort of being AI driven at some stage and then AI you know, you might want a mortgage. You might be buying the house you just sold and they need to borrow some money, and you could go into whatever the protocol is and groat AI and that's your morge broker.
Speaker 2: I'm already working with a few brokers to do something similar agents because they've we've identified that different segments within the market may not necessarily want thettural person, yeah exactly, or they want to get to a certain point before they go, okay, well now I want to engage Mark and have a proper conversation. But maybe they're shift workers, maybe they're you know, for whatever reason, they want to do their due diligence unto a point. So we've been developing protocols for these people where yeah, you can just jump on and have it chat, but not just a type chat, like you can have a virtual conversation. So we're developing video AI like video avatars and voice avatars that are multilingual, you know, so it gets over that issue.
Speaker 1: And that's not hard for AI to do that, No, it's really easy.
Speaker 2: Exactly. It just comes down to and this is what I say to people now, like it's only limited by your imagination. So if you are concerned that AI could take your job, do something about it, like start to look into Okay, well, what don't I like about the job that I do now that I could outsource to AI? That's going to allow my skill set that I am really good at to be of more value to the organization or to my clients.
Speaker 1: That's very interesting. What are the things would you, apart from buying a book, would you offer as tips to business owners in relation to where official intelligence belongs in their business, for example, the coffee shop next door.
Speaker 2: You've just got to start having a play. So really, you know, just open AI Chat, GPT, Microsoft co Pilot, whatever your choice is. Just start having a play. And often it's about playing with something in your personal life as opposed to a business. So as an example, a couple of grand babies. So we write them Christmas book every year. So we just kind of put in the stuff that they've done through the year, and we let the system write a Christmas book and we put some photos to it.
Speaker 1: So you instructed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so THEO and Charlie, they're this age, they do this, They like going here, they hang out with mom and dad, you know, all that kind of stuff. It writes a book, we put some pictures to it, and you get a printed create. Yeah, we create a scavenger hunt. You know. We write the Christmas menu. So write Grandma her her a poem for her birthday. So just start having a play with it in a way that is non threatening or feels like it's not going to have an impact if it goes wrong. Right, And often people, particularly if their business owners, go, I can't do this yet, because what if it goes pair shaped? Okay, We'll play with something in your personal life that is non threatening. And then once you go, oh, okay, it's actually pretty good at that, Well, then what could that look like if you started using that in your business.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because I do that. That's sort of where I started to and I started asking questions about I talked about politics at one stage because we just had some election. I started talking about health, and then then I started to open it up a little bit and just gradually doing things to try and try and beat the system sort of thing, if you know what I mean. Just I want to see hell of those people, see how can I sort of get under its skin or can I do I know more about the topic than it knows. It's funny, you know. I asked one question about I said, well, but you just the answer you just gave me. Is there any scholarly articles on this? And I knew two scholarly articles on it, and they only gave me one of them. And I then said, what about Is there a scholar another scholarly article on this, like like more of an abstract, like a PhD s type thing, And I said no, but I knew that there was because I've got it, I've seen it, I've read it. And is that an example of hallucination?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or it may not have picked up that information yet, depending on how how recent that abstract you had. Okay, then it's five years old. Yeah, then it's just trying to pull one over you. It does happen.
Speaker 1: Does it get lazy.
Speaker 2: Again? I think when it's doing the update to the new system, like I've had to. And it's the interesting that we notice this. But if you type in all.
Speaker 1: Caps, if you when you're putting in yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you type in all caps, that's considered yelling, right, not really? Yeah? So if you send it someone a text message in all caps or an email in all caps, that's considered that you're yelling at as aggressive. So if you type in all caps.
Speaker 1: It thinks you're being aggressive.
Speaker 2: And it will give you a better response. Oh really, Now do it over and over again and it will start to get pete off with you and it will go the other way. No, no, no, and they.
Speaker 1: So that's great, learn an emotion.
Speaker 2: But the thing that concerns me is the architects behind these systems don't know why it does that. So it's one thing to kind of go, oh, that's kind of cool, like the other one we know, on average, and this is a rough average, if you so please and thank you when you interact and you're polite, you will get on average about a forty percent better result. No, but they don't know why.
Speaker 1: That's freaking me out right.
Speaker 2: So they're the things that I kind of go, hey, that's really cool. But the thing that freaks me out is but they don't know why. They can't kind of go oh, it's because it is learning emotion or it is doing that. They don't know. That's the bit that I kind of go, so always so please and thank you, mark, because if the terminator does arrive, at least it will look at you and go oh, he was one of the nice ones.
Speaker 1: At least I may not believe or disbelieve, but at least I say a prayer and just in case there really is a guy up there waiting for me when I or a girl waiting for me up for me up there when I do kick the bucket, just like an insurance policy. Exactly, you're saying, insure yourself. We ensure ourselves anyway, that's a normal thing in business and in life. We take out insurances all the time. And that makes sense. And as long as it like there's all sorts of stories.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, exactly so on insurances that and this is another one of this is just my my belief at the moment, I have no again, darted to back this up. I can't see that we will have professional indemnity insurance in the next two years. Why, well, think about it. How it proved to me that that advice you gave me was from market, So why would I ensure you for professional indemnity?
Speaker 1: You insurer, because you're not sure proved to me that.
Speaker 2: That was that was the human and not a chatbot that's gone off and given that piece of advice.
Speaker 1: How popular now? Like because right now, right now how popular, like in terms of popularity in terms of growth is the AI protocols like you know, chatchip, etcetera. How popular have they become?
Speaker 2: Crazy? So when chat GPT released and any person that owns a business would have loved their word of mouth because they were the fastest growing organization. So they hit the million within a couple of days or a couple of hour, twelve hours or something. But now there's like ten twenty million uses an hour an hour. Yeah, so it's crazy, crazy numbers. So the issue that we have currently and you mentioned video earlier, it's it's the compute power again. Right, that's the problem now, is that to make the next leap to AGI or you know this very specific general intelligence where we move towards the singularity and the ray curves wall stuff which probably needs wine or you know, a bigger conversation to move towards that, we need more computing power than we have currently. Right. But again I was saying to Sammy when we came in. I was just talking to the guys that I was with this morning and showing them a video. There's there's a company in Melbourne that are developing silicon based computer So off brain cells and skin cells. They're figuring out now that they can you can grow a laptop and compute wise far less energy to run them, but exponential growth in a very very small space. So that I think is the leap that needs to happen before we can make the next really big tech leaves.
Speaker 1: And the big and probably the most for me anyway, one of the most exciting but at the same time scary developments, will be once quantum computing actually becomes a thing as opposed to supercomputers which we have now, but actual quantum computing, when it's actually up and running, maybe ten years or whatever time it's going to be doing, the outcomes are going to be so ridiculously fast and.
Speaker 2: Will need it. Like if this silicon based computing kicks off, it technically could overtake the concept of quantum computing pretty quickly. So UNI of New South Wales and doing some really interesting stuff with quantum computing. But then you combine it with what's going on in Victoria. I reckon if the two of them sat down and had a drink, like, you know, you want to look at where you're going to invest your cash, I'd be looking at some of those companies, because I think that's really interesting if they actually sat around a table and figured some stuff out.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sometimes I think to myself, given my age, I think to myself, do I really care about all this sort of stuff? And I noticed some you have a bit of a quirky pastime yourself. Is that like a complete reaction to the world you live in terms of business? And maybe you should say, tell us what one of your past song is with your dogs and the caravan I think it is or something.
Speaker 2: So I just mentioned that we've sold our house, so I'm becoming a full time digital nomade, So I am.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, by the way, that's not something you just made up.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. Yeah. Yeah, I average around two hundred days on the road seeing clients and things, and it was becoming more of a hassle for me to get back to a home base. So fortunately my hobby works in our business as well, and we're just like, all right, why if not now when? So we went to a caravan show on our anniversary and bought ourselves a caravan and it arrives about two weeks after We've got to be out of the house. So fortunately, I'll be in cans at a conference and he'll have to deal with being homeless for a couple of a couple of weeks, but that's okay, and then we're just going to hit the road and go wherever the work is taking us.
Speaker 1: So that's sort of amazing. But it's also sort of counterintuitive to what you do because you're living in a caravan with a couple of dogs in your hobby and you just drive around and at old schooled towing a caravan in the back of a car, but you live in this sort of super complicated advance world of artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: I have better Internet in my caravan than I do at home.
Speaker 1: Do you have a Skyling on top? Starlin on top? I should see you.
Speaker 2: And we've we've pimped out the van, so it's it's all IoT. So it's got all you know. We just opened the phone and it'll unlock the doors and switch the lights on and I can check the temperature for the dogs with the air conn and all the rest of it. So no, we're not we're not doing without. And I think it's it's the big thing for me. I don't know if you're well, I'm going to share my age here Slim Dusty back in the day. How he developed his community and his following was him and his wife and the kids, road on the road. And a lot of the places I go to is regional Australia. They don't get good quality education, so who do they know who to trust and where to start. So if I can get out there with a van and spend a week hanging out with the people in long Reach or murm Ba or Hobar or wherever, I don't care, it's a great They're great people.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's sort of like the best of every world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and get to have a chat with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Do you get to see all of this wonderful country at the same time using all the.
Speaker 2: Tech, yeah, and bringing it and showing it in real time. How it's going to make a difference to their business Because you can't look at me across the table if I'm sitting with you in long Reach and say, oh but I can't. Now hang on a minute, mate, I am sitting here with you with my five g wirelers and I am doing everything I need to do with my business, from accounting to marketing to everything.
Speaker 1: So don't give me that this is on real show. Here it is.
Speaker 2: Let's open that laptop up and get over that technophobia and get on with it.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you fill your card with your book here it is right here and Tracy Sheen, it has been a real pleasure, very interesting, and I feel as though you're the sort of person that people should be employing to go and do talks at conventions and conferences and things like that and just filling their minds up with what could happen, what could be in terms of a bet of a life.
Speaker 2: We should take it on the road. Mark, we'll go as a duo.
Speaker 1: I love Sydney, but give me a couple more years and just just pave the way and I'll come and join you.
Speaker 2: We only do the surfing spot, so it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to go Inland. I like Inland. I love Inland. I do love Inland, you know, like some mount eyes and those places that are I believed. I remember many years ago to go to Mantas because we a broking branch there and we don't anymore, but I thought it was amazing, Like man was an amazing place. I remember I stayed in this hotel and I was sleeping upstairs, and about maybe ten o'clock at night, I heard a bit of a noise downstairs and went downstairs. And people are going to get really upset with this, but I saw the best pub rule I've ever seen. Just it was just a broad because the place is a wild place, like and I just stood there in the corner and just watched the guys get thrown out of the joint and like it was, it was mental. It was like a like a real version of UFC with no rules. It was so good. I love those joints. I love That's Australia. Thanks so much, Trace, that was awesome.