Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Hey, and this is High Scroll as the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral?
Speaker 2: Usually it would be us, but this week we forgot to talk about hardly anything on the internet. We just talk a lot about food.
Speaker 1: But you know what, welcome to the food Special. You're not a little bit hungry. You're going to be ordering food office.
Speaker 2: Listen to the We actually had to order food halfway through this episode, which.
Speaker 1: Is currently We've never done that before.
Speaker 2: It's currently on its way yep, so enjoy us reminiscing. You've got to stick around for Britney's toe ring story. Deal me and dol Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning math you.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and good morning Scrollers. Coming to you live live. Oh sorry, no.
Speaker 1: This is live, is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you mean we're live in their ears right now?
Speaker 2: I was going to say coming to you live from America, but we're not. We're coming to you from Sydney. Yeah. But you know what's really exciting is right now we're in fucking America? Are we?
Speaker 1: When this episode comes out?
Speaker 2: I think, so, what date is this episode coming out?
Speaker 1: Hannah, Fore, you're in America? Fifteenth? You're in America, map.
Speaker 2: Well you must be flying out today.
Speaker 1: Then I think I fly out? Yeah, on like the sixteenth or seventeenth.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in America and you're about to be And then that means this close Friends on Friday is.
Speaker 1: Going to be before Coach Ever, Yeah, how exciting?
Speaker 2: I don't know. First of all, I'm just gonna say, Scrollers, you need to be across all the social media. I feel like we're gonna have so much.
Speaker 1: Fuck, it's going to be so fun.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to be trying the nineteen dollars strawberries at Air one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to. I want the Hailey Beavers movie. Honestly, I've been seeing that you for years. I don't care if it's forty Australian dollars give me.
Speaker 2: Two exactly, I'm going to have.
Speaker 1: It's really good, like people say, like it's actually really good.
Speaker 2: You pay for it, but I'm so ready to have one. Yeah, So that's really exciting.
Speaker 1: So at this moment in time, as we're recording this, there's still actually a few things I need to book. Really, have you done your visa?
Speaker 2: Yes, the est Yes, you do it on your app now on your phone, which is what an Estra app. You just download the Estra app. And I didn't have to put in like hardly any details. I did have to pay for it, yeah, forty forty dollars Australian.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I need to do that. And I think there's the flight that we get from Vegas back to la I need to book that one.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've done that.
Speaker 1: I need to book that one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I get scared booking a domestic flight in another country, Like you just go onto the actual like website. You don't do it through like webjets.
Speaker 2: Nah, I did it. I went to the Delta website. Did you know you have to pay for your bags at the airport in America? So I can't I can't say like I've got a bag with me that needs to be checked in. You've got to do that at the airport.
Speaker 1: And you know they can just take dogs on the domestic planes over there, Slay, they can just take if the dog has to be a certain size and be able to fit in a certain carrier. But like last time I was there, I don't know, fucking seven years ago, you walk through like the fly and people got their dogs on the floor in a little carrier. You can just take your dogs and same with like when you go to the shopping like their version of whatever coals fucking I don't know what their supermarkets are called Ralph's whatever, you can just take your dog in there.
Speaker 2: Could you not take a dog in Australia? No?
Speaker 1: Oh really, but it's like over there walking in the coals and woolies and you can just walk around with your dog on a lead. In America you can, so yeah, to actually do a few last what happens?
Speaker 2: What? Oh my god? Ow sorry, I just went to rearrange myself and the microphone just stabbed me in the chest.
Speaker 1: Don't say that I feel scared.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we are going to America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one thing that's like.
Speaker 2: No, could you imagine if I then got shot.
Speaker 1: No, mad don't manifest. This shit don't manifest. But I will say, like when it comes to like Australia and America, one thing that I noticed is when like an like an American travels to Australia and they're doing tiktoks about being in Australia, all the comments are like I'm so scared of the spiders, Like that's the only thing that would start me from traveling to Australia. Yeah, like they're petrified of the spiders, Like I see it all the time in the comments or in my comments, like what about the spiders? I'm like, are you kidding? I'm scared that in America you can just be walking around coals and people have a gun in their handbag. That is far more scarier than spiders, if you ask me. So don't talk about that, Matt, because I don't.
Speaker 2: Want you to jinx yourself. I'm fine, touchwood, touch wood.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I'm so excited for our upcoming trip. I'll tell you one other thing too, which is very much a me problem. I'm still I'm still not used to going on holidays and not feeling guilty that my staff would think like why is she not working. How the fuck do I get over that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, And hopefully we can just do it in America, like I'm just going to slap you and be like, get a grip, bitch.
Speaker 1: That'll be fine, of course. But I still think, like everything that I'm posting, like they might see and be like, oh, look at her doing that over there, Like that is a genuine guilt of mine.
Speaker 2: But I have never felt that about any boss in my life. I've never in my life really gone Actually there was one time, but he was kind of a winker about the whole thing. Christmas Day, I'm working, we're all working, we're all sweating. It was Macis Macas. We were all sweating out our bug and rings and we are.
Speaker 1: By the way speaking to maccas. Just remind me. I want to there's something else I want to talk about, but let's continue on this.
Speaker 2: But oh, we're all sweat and it's Christmas Day. We're away from our families and our like big like the owner of the restaurant sent every scent like the group chat sort of thing. I don't know, I forget what happened, but he sent a selfie of like him and his entire family on a super yacht, popping champagne and going Merry Christmas, everyone, thanks for working today, and we all just went, come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair. I would never do that, but I guess I feel the same if I'm posting that I'm at Coachella while everyone's at work, and I just have this extreme guilt and I want to get over it because realistically, if I wanted to, I could holiday for the whole year every year and like no one could say anything because like, I own a business, so you can do whatever the fuck you want. Not that I would ever do that, but I don't know, Like I feel an extreme guilt, like when I put it in the calendar that I'm going to be away for the week in a bit, and I'm just so like I don't know why because it's like not very me, but I'm always like contact us anytime that we're away, Like I just I don't know, I just feel this like strong guilt.
Speaker 2: But isn't this way You've hired other people to be able to like why like contact us anytime? Well, maybe the one person whose job it is to report back to you, right, but like not everyone in the fucking way no, but it's just.
Speaker 1: Like a guilt that I deal with, like I'm trying to get better at it, and like we went away to the Gold Coast in February. That's the first time we've ever gone away in February ever, m hm, And like even then, I was like, this feels wrong, like I shouldn't be. I think it's because they're all there working when I know I could be there working with them, and I need to get over it.
Speaker 2: Honey, They're getting paid a good wage.
Speaker 1: True, I know, but I still just I don't know. It's just like a meeting.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't relate. And honestly, I feel like if I owned a business, I'd go, nah, I'm paying you to work, so I'm going on.
Speaker 1: I just remind myself that.
Speaker 2: I think I'll just I would just have the opposite opinion.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, well, but you know also how you see like and do their holidays, you know how you see like some wanky business owners on Instagram and like they just all flashy. Like I just worry that I would ever be perceived that way. Not that I think I would by my own staff, but you know what I mean, Like, you know when I don't mean to throw them under the bus, but like when the I think it was last year or the year before when the White Fox Black Friday controversy happened, and remember they got like billions of orders and it was all over the news, remember, and they couldn't pack quick enough blah blah blah. And then the owners I think they did show on the news that they were there helping, but then they're like flaunting their like mansion and everything. Like I don't know, I just never want to come across that way. That's my key.
Speaker 2: You do though, Okay, I think you've been up enough of a reputation that even if you went and spent a month in the fucking Bora Bora or the male dives, I think people would be like good honor.
Speaker 1: I hope so, but I don't know. I still feel a certain funny type of way.
Speaker 2: But well, I can't so I'll be the one posting and gloating on your behalf because I'm going to go bitch. So I'm at coach Lab.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so excited, and I'm excited that we're like staying not together together, but we're staying like at the same kind of like hotel thing, huh. Like, I think I'm even more excited to just be there with both of you and AJ and like getting ready together and having drinks before we go to the festival.
Speaker 2: I actually think like Coachella is even like the least exciting thing on the trip for me, Like I feel like there's so many more exciting, Like genuinely I'm more excited. Wait, this sounds crazy, but I'm more excited for the food. Like I'm like, Coachella is gonna be amazing. It's gonna be so much fun good food. When I think of America, I go, fuck, I'm so excited for raising canes. You know, we have to do it.
Speaker 1: Here's everything we ate a coach, yes, like anything. What when we go on holidays anywhere, like anyone anywhere, the whole thing is revolved around.
Speaker 2: Food, and the most disgusting food ever in it tastes amazing, but it's all deep fried. It's all shiit. Not that there's good shit and good food and bad food, you know what I'm saying. But we like everything's deep fried chips, burgers, fish and chips, oily, deep fried oily. We may as well get an ice cream, get a cold rock blah blah blah. You even go and do the groceries and you're like, well, we may as well just do charcuterie board. We won't bother doing. You know, we'll get some chips and some chocolates and blah blah, Like on holidays.
Speaker 1: You really just okay, wait, speaking of food, and I still need to go back to the macao, which is also food, so let's just keep it going. When we did our Fate model search ages ago. Now, one question that we asked like a lot of people, because we had like fifty questions and we just picked it random, like get to know them questions, and one.
Speaker 2: Question what I've just had an idea and I want to pause. Should you keep the questions that you asked? And in close friends this week you ask me, okay, yeah, the question that from the Fate Model surgeon. I'm going to answer them as if I'm a model.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Okay to that.
Speaker 1: Well, back to mac macke the other day, a memory triggered in my mind. I don't know if you were working at Macca's when this came out. I know I wasn't like because I worked there when I was fourteen. But it just I just had a memory spark from macas and I thought, what a flop that was? Maccas Tasteful Creations.
Speaker 2: Is that what it was called? Oh no, darling, No, I would be able to tell you all about this because I was the store.
Speaker 1: Did they tested it? No?
Speaker 2: I was like at my store, I was the person who knew everything top to bottom about the McDonald's create your Taste menu.
Speaker 1: Create was that the dining create your.
Speaker 2: Taste And so you'd select all your fancy burgers and then you'd go and you'd get it made and I would come out and say take a seat or bring it out to you. Soon you got I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: But what were they thinking.
Speaker 2: We even launched it was to compete with.
Speaker 1: The rise of burger shops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also Carl's Junior had just launched in Australia.
Speaker 1: But what was Mack's thinking, Like a sit down, Remember they were trying to play it off like fine dining. Yeah, basically what's a finer creation?
Speaker 2: That was? It was create your taste.
Speaker 1: And like they had the chips in a little bus basket and like the bo you had.
Speaker 2: To come out on a trail like a wooden Woodard and.
Speaker 1: We brought it out like table true shoes from the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was like only twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that long ago, hunnah. But and it was dine in that's when I lived in London, London, and it absolutely flopped. Well what was it like there? When that was a thing?
Speaker 2: Harrowing? Hated it. We had to first of all, have someone stand out the I thought it was going to be amazing, so I put my hand up to be like, oh, I'll be the person who I'll be able to be the person who goes to the training session and then comes back and trains everyone else in the store. But it was just a nightmare. It was like stand out the front, like stand out in the dining room, so that someone comes in and the first thing you'd have to say to them is, hello, would you like to create your taste today? And through and like for the first few weeks, you had to explain to them what to do and all the ingredients that you could add to the burger and how to do it because they're all different buns, they were all different meats, they were all different ingredients. And then take a seat and we'll bring that over to you, and I'd give them a little number on the table and then we'd go and make it, and then I'd bring it out. And I think even the drinks were put in glasses, I think as well.
Speaker 1: And the workers like, aren't they busy enough with the nuggets and the fucking big max and the double quarter pounders. Mean, while they're trying to make these fancy burgers, it'd have to be presented beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well, they had their own station, so there were actually two more people, so would actually create their jobs because there'd be one person who was out in the dining room taking everybody through it. There would be one person behind the counter getting everything ready to take out to the people. And I even had a pager. I'd have a page on my hip and it would buzz when an order was ready, and I'd go back over to the service area and to take pick it up. And there was an extra person out the back just specifically doing that. You know, way back in the day, there was an extra person just for wraps. Like wraps were so popular that you'd be on the wrap station and then they ended up just putting it all on one line.
Speaker 1: I remember when I started working there because you first got put on dining room and for two weeks I did dining room, which is cleaning. And when I started working there, that was when Maccas like closed at night and there was no such thing as twenty four hours Macas, so we would close the whole place and like lock the door and leave. And then you got promoted from dining room to fries. And I really liked fries.
Speaker 2: Fun fact, never did dining. They saw my potential and went straight to fries seriously.
Speaker 1: And then fucking wiping those tables.
Speaker 2: I never did.
Speaker 1: It was so embarrassing because I remember being fourteen and like, obviously all your little friends would go to Macas and then you'd be working in the dining room and I was so embarrassed. Yeah, that they would see me. And when you have to clean the toilets, Yeah, I got promoted to fries, then counter, then drive through.
Speaker 2: The toilets were a manager's job.
Speaker 1: Though, Oh I feel like I cleaned them back in the day.
Speaker 2: No, I never cleaned the toilets. I mopped the floors, but I never would like scrubbed a toilet. But yeah, I got promoted. I was on fries straight away. And then I was only on fries for three shifts and they went and you can go up to first booth and actually take orders because you know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: And I went, yish, I worked out the back. I reckon they'd be fun like nah, nah, too too much to learn, you reckon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like fucking what's on this burger? What's on that burger? I can't remember, Like a burger would come through and then there's changes on the burger like that it's actually back area out the back making the actual burgers is like I mean, I want to say, it's difficult because like I could never ever get the hang of it, and just the fact of like I feel like I would. I would it was not good for the business, but I would put what I would enjoy on a burger on it, as in like if a big mac came through, I'd go, yeah, that much lettuce and then like someone would probably be like, that's way too much letters, and'd be like, but it's good amount of letters.
Speaker 1: See well. I felt overwhelmed in that way when I worked at Subway. So Subway was my second job after Macers, and I got overwhelmed remembering what all of the things are like BMT, BLT whatever. And then the thing that confused me the most, or I hated the most, was obviously like prepping all the vegetables and then you'd have to put them out at the back with the date that you chopped them and prep them, and then what date they would expire and all that, like all your salads that you would prep every day. Hated that part of it. Work there for not very long, then went on to Baskin Robins.
Speaker 2: See this is the thing about subway. Yeah, the piss me off. It pisses me off. I get the subway is called.
Speaker 1: Can we say our subway orders by the way, and everyone needs to go and try them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if people will find mind that exciting. I'm very plain. I hate vegetables, so I'm plain too.
Speaker 1: Mine's playing, but I've never steered away from it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's get to that in a second, because let me tell you about my subway experience. Okay, hello, can I please get a foot long chicken bacon ranch melt? Then what bread would you like me? Fair enough? I didn't tell you Italian herbs and cheese? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Always?
Speaker 2: Do you go gorgeous? Bad chicken goes on, bacon goes on, cheese goes on. Do you want that toasted? Yes? Please, it's a chicken bacon ranch melt, so I will have it toasted. Themgetables if I decided to do vegetables that day, they put the vegetables on salt and pepper. Yes, please. What sauce. It's a chicken bacon ranch melt.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what It's called?
Speaker 2: Chicken bacon ranch melt? Oh? Okay, yep, So why are you asking me if it's toasted? Because it's a melt. Second of all ranch, So the sauce that I would like is ranch? Well order it? They go, They ask me all the questions and I'm like, it's a chicken bacon ranch melt.
Speaker 1: Well, I reckon. They have told you being toasted because I.
Speaker 2: Reckon, because people who don't, there'd be people.
Speaker 1: People go, I don't want it toasted. It's like you ordered a melt idiot. Yeah, so I get that question. But the ranch, Yeah, they shouldn't ask what sauce. They should just be like, so ranch sauce without one any other sauce?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I wonder if there's any others on the menu. That like any other things on the menu that would expel it out for them, And.
Speaker 1: Then they still ask, I still ask, Okay, my go to if anyone wants to get it. It's really really plain. By the way, isn't it so fun? I feel like we've maybe said this like years ago on the pod, how we just go to Subway once in high school and then that's our order for the rest of our life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did talk about this, and I said, I've switched mine up a couple of times.
Speaker 1: My order if anyone wants it, it never fucking lets me down. Foot long Italian herbs and cheese. Chicken fill It, which is now called Chicken Classic, I'm pretty sure, but it's like not the white chicken. It's got like orange on the outside, kind of like a sisal. Yeah that is that's the best chicken. So Chicken Classic or chicken fill It. I just say chicken fill it normal, cheddar cheese, lettuce, carrot, capsicum, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, fresh not toasted.
Speaker 2: See that is so boring to me.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so yum.
Speaker 2: Yeah you lost me at capsicum. Especially hate that. See.
Speaker 1: I only have used to get lettuce and carrot but then I add a bit of capsicum because it's just like yum.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I do love red onion. It shreds my stomach.
Speaker 1: I can't do onion on anything because I hate onion breads.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, then for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the day, like onion on his and I'm like going in the room.
Speaker 2: One time I decided to deviate from whatever I was currently fixated on a subway and I decided I would get a fucking tuna melt or like the tuna one I went. You know, I'm just like craving like a good like tuna salad, sandwich, or like roll or foot long.
Speaker 1: I feel like subway?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Can I order it here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We could just go somewhere after this. Surely I don't know how close the nearest subway is, but let's figure it out.
Speaker 1: I don't know, there's not one.
Speaker 2: If he uber eats it now, and it'll probably be here by the time we're done. Yeah, true, Well I used to do. I used to do subway every single day. How cooked is that? Used to? What? Do subway every single day? Like every single day for lunch?
Speaker 1: I would when you work at macas no at home.
Speaker 2: Two fucking years ago, literally, and I would get the foot long chicken bake ranch melt with all the things, and then I would get a rap and I would get oh no, I actually switched sorry about that. I switched it up and I got a chicken bacon ranch melt rap and then they had like a good special with the classic chicken and it was like notch it was like a nacho vibe. And or I would get the chicken snit saal. So I'm not either to get a chicken snitzal. That's quite good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like the chicken fill it is just chicken snitzel a bit better. And I will say as well, part of me when I worked at Subway, remember when they try to be boost juice and come out with all the fucking smoothies and juices. When I worked there, they did that, and I'm like why, Like it was just adding a whole other part of the workplace. Yea, no, leave it to boost.
Speaker 2: Juice was I don't mind a meatball sub too.
Speaker 1: See I've never tried it.
Speaker 2: I will say it's probably the least favorite, Like out of everything I get, meatball maybe.
Speaker 1: Actually really popular. I don't know about now, but when I work there, that was so popular.
Speaker 2: Well, because where else can you get something like that? You know what I mean? So true? So good it must be. They're like, I reckon that'd be the most popular. It's like this.
Speaker 1: Speaking of food, I saw a video last night on TikTok that I thought I should have sent it to you. At Costco. You know how you like the hot dog? Someone bought the hot dog and then the slice of like cheese pizza or whatever pizza it is. Then they took off the cheese and wrapped the hot dog like the hot dog thing with the cheese, and then put it back in the bun. So it was like the pizza topping around the hot dog back in the bun, but you kind of left up with like a piece of pizza with nothing on it. But apparently the toppings is really good on the hot dog, and it's like a hack that people do.
Speaker 2: I'm doing that and I gotta go to Costco soon, so I'm gonna have to venture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I come?
Speaker 2: Because I don't like the I will come up, okay, because I don't like the Sydney one. Yeah, where is it? I don't know. I just everything feels off. You know. You you know how like Kmart, every Kmart is the same. How every Camart layout is the same.
Speaker 1: No, they're all different.
Speaker 2: No, every Camart layout is the same. But then you'll go into one of them and you'll go, what the fuck's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they a few years ago when they put them registers in the middle. Which why did they do that? Did we ever figure that out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because thieves. It was to stop thieves how because like you've got to I don't know. It was something to do with thieves, okay, like people stealing at the checkout, like you know, not scanning stuff apparently, like it makes people like more scared that they've got so far to go from the register out the store, pass the security again, right, that's why they did it, because when the registers are like right there at the front door, like it's a quick dash. You know.
Speaker 2: Does layby still exist?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It does, it does.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's random. I just remember like Kmart was big on labor. Yeah, like Mam would be like, I'm like fin your birthday present. Yeah, anyway, I can't remember where I was going with this. Now Costco what was before hot dogs? Oh yeah, I'll come up to Costco because I do like the one at Newcastle. Where is it again? What suburb?
Speaker 1: It's not Newcastle. It's like Toronto, not Toronto. Boolooroo booloaroo like Macquarie.
Speaker 2: T which was a fabulous name. Boolooroo. I just love that booloo.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, Matt, yeah, I just realized we haven't even done our fucking royal.
Speaker 2: I know this is for like a close Friends episode, hasn't it? But too bad?
Speaker 1: Anyway? What's your royal flush this week?
Speaker 2: Please be upstanding for the royal flush? My royal flush is actually something that is like a personal thing, like it's not something I've seen on the internet. Sorry, Hannah, we're going off screwt. We're not doing anything from the internet this week. Bug. It's actually a feeling and I want to know if you feel the same way that I do. Because first and all, my first question to both of you, Hannah you can get involved in this is when you go to sleep at night, does every single piece of jewelry on your body come off?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good question.
Speaker 2: I love this, Hannah.
Speaker 1: How do you answer first? While Matt orders your subway?
Speaker 3: So no, I have first's earrings out? Yeah, seconds earrings.
Speaker 1: Show me your seconds. Oh they're quite big.
Speaker 3: They stay in.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, go off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to wear I usually wear like a pearl necklace. I used to wear it to bed every day. That then my mum was getting really angry at me. She's like, you're gonna choke or die or be like strangled or something. So now I take my necklace off, and I take my rings off because I sleep on my hands and I watch obviously off.
Speaker 1: There you go. So I just have my seconds. I'm similar to you. My first earrings come out my seconds. I have seconds and thirds, but I usually only have one, so my second stay in. But they're like a little stud. A necklace if I have it on, will come off. All my rings and watch comes off. And then I have one bangle that stays on. So I sleep with a bangle and my seconds, and that's it. What about you, Matt?
Speaker 2: So I just leave. I only have the two piercings.
Speaker 1: Spoken about this recently, I swear have we I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I only wrote it in my notes last night, so I don't know. Maybe we have one.
Speaker 1: Earring in and then you wake up and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So no, it's similar to that though. So the top earring, I don't even know what they're called, but I've got my lobe piers. And then what's that up the top? Is that a helix?
Speaker 1: Who do just the outside?
Speaker 2: I leave them in every single night, every single night, I leave them in. Let me tell you, when I take them out, it is the best sleep of my fucking life. You're having dja vu.
Speaker 1: I'm not having deja vu. This has happened.
Speaker 2: This has happened already.
Speaker 1: I don't remember you saying this.
Speaker 2: You don't remember me saying this when I take my earrings out.
Speaker 1: Or completely Okay, I'm trying that tonight.
Speaker 2: Of my life and so now.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. Sorry, I don't remember Matt saying this to me at all.
Speaker 3: It was an episode that you guys were talking about staying in the hotel together, and you were like, at the best sleep of my life? And was because I took out all my earrings?
Speaker 1: But was it just pasting comment and you've remembered that, No, it was in the episode.
Speaker 2: Was it in the episode or was it just I just mentioned it?
Speaker 1: Did he just say that nothing else?
Speaker 3: Or was scrollers get in that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Let us know, because I don't remember this at all, But I'm not listening half the time.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's so true. Maybe maybe I am repeating myself, but you know what, I'll repeat myself.
Speaker 1: Taking your jewelry out, all your jewelry off.
Speaker 2: Do you still have that fucking toe ring on that you haven't taken off since? No?
Speaker 1: But that's a fun fact that. Actually I don't think we have spoken about the pod before. Okay, when I was I love my random fucking stories. What was the story or I don't remember. There was a story last week and it was the most random thing.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: When I was eighteen, my mum took my sister and I to Thailand for our first overseas holiday and so yeah, I'm just eighteen. We were on the beach at like Petong Beach, and you know how you're like sitting on the beach chairs kind of thing, and people coming up to you and trying to sell you all sorts of things. This is back when I wore silver jewelry because I'm a gold girly. Now do you only wear gold? Hunner? I wear all gold, But then I have a fucking yeah. You know how people do those color analysis things and like you find out if you're gold or silver. I'm petrified to do that because I'm worried that they're going to tell me I'm silver when I have everything gold I read.
Speaker 2: Okay, Also, sorry.
Speaker 1: Is this all good to go? Matt?
Speaker 2: It's good to go, but I just went rogue.
Speaker 1: So wait, Matt has ordered Chicken Classic. Yeah, Italian Herban cheese, Old English cheese, lettuce, mayonnaise, spoky barbecue, sauce, pepper and salt. I feel like that's good.
Speaker 2: But I've never had that in my life, you know how you were saying that, you know, you stop by order, never chain. I've literally never have had that in my life. But I thought I'll get the Chicken Classic because you rave on about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's pretty similar to mine, Like really just a few differences.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, Hannah, when you order something here, like, do you just go out on the street and fucking meet them? Yeah, it's way too confusing for them. Yeah, okay, I'm ordering it now.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's stunning.
Speaker 1: Well we better keep going. Yeah, so back to my story. Back to my story. A lady came up to me and had like a tray of jewelry and she's like, do you want to buy anything. I was like, actually, I want a toe ring, so like toe rings are cute, like simple, like just a little band. So anyway, I ended up buying two and she put them on, like my second toe on each of my feet. I sat there and she put them on. Paid whatever. I then had those toe rings on. So I was eighteen when I got them. This was when I was just starting out, like kind of my YouTube days. I had those toe rings on. I shit you not, I reckon. I still had the mom when I met AJ So I had them on for like, I don't know, eight years and they never came off. They never came off, and they never rusted, they never went black. Like they were good, good quality, and I would have paid what five dollars for them, But then one day I just took it off and went by. I think it was when I started wearing gold jewelry and because it was like a known thing in like my YouTube days and stuff, that I had these toe rings that I had on forever. But then there were some creepy fucking men that were like, I love your toe rings, and I'm like, fuck off.
Speaker 2: How fucking random toe rings?
Speaker 1: They kind of nice?
Speaker 2: Why we haven't toe rings.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel the same.
Speaker 2: We got Also, I always think about this toe rings ear rings, but we can't call them fingers rings? Why not.
Speaker 1: Like fingering? Yeah, so what your royal flash is the feeling that you get eyebrow ring when you fingering when you take all your jewelry off.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but now I feel like maybe that's we need different royal flush.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone, We're all taking our jewelry off tonight. I'm going to do the same tonight.
Speaker 2: Everyone take all your jewelry off and just see if you have an amazing sleep, because again, I did it last night and I had one of the best sleeps in my life, So I highly recommend. Or no, I don't worry. I was going to say something, but I forgot that this episode was pre recorded, so it's not even gonna make sense. Your Royal Flush please, Okay.
Speaker 1: My Royal Flush is a new movie that's coming out that I've seen the trailer of. Actually I saw the trailer like weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Why that you're pretending that what? No? I love that you're yeah saying I saw the channel of weeks ago, when really you saw it this week? But we're pre recording this episode character. Yeah, you're in character. I'm just okay.
Speaker 1: We're leaving this in here because we're pre recording these weeks before it comes out because we're going to America, so weeks ago. I saw this big aka yesterday at the time of recording. There is a is it sequel when the movie comes out with the second one? Yeah, yeah, there's a sequel coming out so so late to Freaky Friday. M hmm, and it's called Freakyer Friday.
Speaker 2: I think this is your real flush. So you're saying it's you're excited about this. Yeah, see, I was disappointed by the trailer.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't really watched Little Bits and Bobs. I feel like it's been so long since the first one came out. By the way, the first one is such an iconic movie, Like I haven't watched it for a really long time. I want to go back and watch it. I'm just I think it's just because I'm loving that Lindsay Lohan is back, Like she's so nostalgic to me, like mean Girls, Freaky Friday, what's the one when she was little and she played the two twins, Parent Trap, Parent Trap? I think I just love that Lindsay Lohan is like in her fucking sleigh comeback yet.
Speaker 2: Shame And you know what, she was never that bad. What did she ever do? What did she ever do to get everyone to like hate her? Right? Nothing? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just remember seeing her like living in Dubai and she was like a DJA or something. At one point I.
Speaker 2: Think she owned a club. I thought it was in Greece though, Yeah, but who cares.
Speaker 1: You know, she went through a party phase.
Speaker 2: I know when I think the media tore her. Yeah, people never heard anyone. You know, did she hurt people? Maybe she did. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Video she was talking a different language saying she was going to steal someone's.
Speaker 2: Oh oh wow, Oh well she it. This is a learning experience. She's done something. But I just was like, what has she even done? That's bad? But now there's a whole least apparently she's tried to steal a baby and traffic it or something. I don't know. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I just like a nostalgic film from my childhood, whether it's Mean Girls or anything along those lines. And the fact that they are coming out with a second sequel sequel.
Speaker 2: Then what's prequel pre before.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm excited. I like having a movie to look forward to, Like, I just feel like there's not many. Like I swear when we were kids, there was a new movie at every weekend. Obviously, streaming services have changed that majorly, but I remember when we were kids and we'd be going to the movies once a month because there was an exciting new movie coming out. Now it's not that exciting. Also, I don't know if it's even coming out at the movies or if we'll just be like straight on Netflix or whatever. But I'm just excited and hopefully it's good. I miss old movies, so I'm hoping that it's just going to be like nostalgic in a way. It could be an absolute flop. I feel like a lot is at stake when you're waiting that long in between movies, but come on, give us something good if you.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen the trailer yet. Basically, what I can gather from it is she's had a child or two or two. Yeah. I thought it might have been a friend having a sleepover or something. Yeah, but the four of them switch bodies. Yeah, yeah, I don't know what happens there, but anyway, I was just like you.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I was just like, slay, I'm going to be watching that nice and if I wanted to throw something else in there as well, it's just like a double royal flush. The last season of Handmaid's Tale is coming out this year as well.
Speaker 2: I've never watched any of hands made. You need to match.
Speaker 1: You need to if you love books, like you shouldn't even read the books because apparently they're like even more amazing than the show. Okay, but the show is like up there in my top three shows.
Speaker 2: Really, why have I never heard you speak about it?
Speaker 1: Because we started hush scrollers after I watched it. Okay, it was more like lockdown times that I watched Handmaid's Tail.
Speaker 2: Okay, really, what is that like goopy gaggy like what like likes like is my job going to drop? And be like, oh my god, yes, it's so it's like twisty.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and it's like it could happen like today really, like it's about if the world kind of goes backwards in ways.
Speaker 2: Oh good, well that's literally happening at the moment.
Speaker 1: So so you need to watch it, like fucking watch have you seen hare May's tail.
Speaker 3: I've read the Book of sch.
Speaker 1: Oh you need to watch it, Matt. Anyway, the last final season's finally coming out this year, so that that's something I'm really excited about.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm also really excited about our subway order that we've placed.
Speaker 2: How long has it got to be here because we've got to do Close Friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do that, saying it'll be here by two o'clock.
Speaker 2: All right, we better wrap it up. Okay, let's wrap this up.
Speaker 1: Well, that's another episode done and Dustin Matt and all we've done is talk about food and order. Sway, this didn't feel like a main episode Close Friends.
Speaker 2: This was a bit of a flop, but you know what.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a flop.
Speaker 2: Well, it might have been a flop. It's never well we can have differing opinions, you know, that's what makes us beautiful. Anyway, thanks for listening, Scrollers. We'll catch you on Friday for Close Friends.
Speaker 1: It will actually be a Close Friends episode, even though this one felt like.
Speaker 2: You're gonna quiz me on.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm going to see whether I could be Fate's next top model. Love y'all have a good week. See you next time. What's my deal me in? Joel? No, I mean better, let you got Sorry? Sorry, sorry, sy fucking weirdvising here to act com all cooked. I don't know what's going on anyway, Dell better let your go, Gotta let you deal me INJWL. Let's get I can't do that. You do that? Okay, we can do that.