Speaker 1: Ad A Lady ad A Lady ad A Lady ad Lady Unfiltered.
Speaker 2: I think this.
Speaker 3: Might be my favorite podcast we've ever recorded ever. Welcome to the show. I'm Hailey and I am Lauren, mother of two.
Speaker 4: I've got kids, not ever? Oh my god, and you were mom? What mother? I'm a mother of two. You don't understand my struggles.
Speaker 2: We are at Lady Unfiltered.
Speaker 3: We are besties, we're business partners, and we're the creators of adel Lady. Hello, I say hey, Lossy Media, and we do everything together except bang.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: This podcast is our first podcast that we have recorded since you have given birth, postpartum, post postpart.
Speaker 4: That what does it even mean?
Speaker 2: Six months postpartum?
Speaker 4: Six months? My god, I'd forget I had a chart at six months.
Speaker 2: What is postpartum? It just means after birth?
Speaker 4: The fourth trimester? Yeah, oh okay, I was thinking about that last night. No one talks about the fourth trimester.
Speaker 2: What's the fourth trimester?
Speaker 4: The actual having the baby part?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what we're doing right now. Oh okay. Title of the episode fourth trimester?
Speaker 4: Oh good one. Okay, See what's the shopping list today?
Speaker 2: The shopping list is bear bet a bear bet a bear bet, and I need, I need. I've come into your house today like a whirlwind.
Speaker 3: I have just had a wild morning of hating everything, and I just wanted to run away from my house and go on a solo holiday.
Speaker 4: You were actually you were tearing up over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're okay, just leaving my house having two boys of fighting and no one listens and they're ungrateful and all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: I just had one of those mornings, and I know that tomorrow will be a different day.
Speaker 3: But I need to like fall in love with having a baby again, because at this moment, you have a little one week old sitting in our room right here on Burgo's lap, that you can never imagine ever.
Speaker 2: Getting angry at. But one day you're gonna want to throw out the window.
Speaker 4: I still remember having Sofia and I had a one week old little baby, and you're like, one day you're going to look at that baby and think it's a fuck it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, that is disgusting. How can you say that, you little vermin? Took a few years, but I got there. I reckon.
Speaker 3: I took three months to call Ostina Wenker, let's go. I am one for details. I want every single detail. Do not skip details. If this is your thing. We're about to talk about the birth from beginning to end, and I want to start with the morning you woke up.
Speaker 4: Your alarm goes off. Okay, can I just say as well, I've had a bit of a chest infection, so I'm currently I've got an antiicle in my mouth. It's a really great time to be having a really big cough when you've got internal stitches. Oh have you popped on yet? I've actually thought I had. It's been that bad a cough.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you're holding your tongey and your gunt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm holding the gunt, trying to cough, trying to hold the baby. At the same time. You kind of look like and I tried not to like bleed everywhere. Yeah, so it's fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, alarm goes off.
Speaker 4: Well, Burjo's alarm went off because I never said alarms. You know me, I don't like to be so weird. You wake up with the sun. I was like, what are we waking up for? He's like, we need to go to the hospital in fifteen minutes. I was like, all right. So we had a shower and it was very different to the last time. Like last time when we had Sophia, Burgo didn't sleep the night, he was really stressed. I slept like a baby. It was actually fairly similar. I slept like a baby. This time. He kind of slept too. And we woke up feeling really excited and really happy. And the night before we'd went out for dinner with our parents and Sofia went off with Nana no Nor and it was really exciting and we went had a little date night and had to buy chocolate crepe.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Florence's head just he's like flopping everywhere right now.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get really.
Speaker 3: Distracted in this podcast because Burgo is sitting next to Lauren with a little baby, his.
Speaker 4: Hand behind my head. So the alarm went off. Showered. I was just so excited, you know, for probably like the last three months, I've been ready to have the baby. It's been really it's very weird seeing them and going that was in me.
Speaker 2: It's so weird stuff, no wonder.
Speaker 4: I was heavy, and we hopped in the car and we drove to Ashford and it was just the most unbelievable experience. You get into the hotel, hotel hotel.
Speaker 2: It is a hotel.
Speaker 4: It is a hotel. You get to have a sleep, you get your muals delivered to you, to club. Wait, everything's all inclusive, and they go, what are you here for today? I'm like, I'm here to have a baby, And just saying those words it makes it all real. And you go up to the maternity ward and you put on your gown and you put on your little compression tights and they go, someone will be here to take you down soon. And then you're just left in a while waiting and you're like, do I need to do a nervous poo?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Do I do it later? Like how does this work?
Speaker 3: They want you to pooh before as well, don't you. I think there's probably more if you're pushing.
Speaker 4: If you're pushing. Yeah, I wasn't pushing. I had to have a C section because I had one with Sofia, and I was so okay with that because I like to know what's happening for my brain.
Speaker 3: And also it was a safe thing for you as well. So at what point did the horse tranquilizer go in the back?
Speaker 4: So we went down and the anethetist, he was slightly late. He had to ride his bike in and his hands were cold, and yeah he runs on Italian time and he got there and we're like, oh, Doc, how did.
Speaker 2: He really ride his bike?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's fit. All doctors are fit.
Speaker 2: They ride their bike first thing in the morning.
Speaker 4: I was like, am I not paying you enough? Don't you have a car?
Speaker 2: They earned a lot of money too.
Speaker 4: Well, he's probably got a very nice bike, like a Lamborghinian bikes. He goes down on Blair Road, so he sped down in his little bike and his Lycra. He took his licra off before I saw him, so that was good and I was like happy, crying, happy tears. So you waste enough time. The energy is all going as you're like sitting in like a holding bay. It's quite funny. Do you remember the holding bay downstairs? You're waiting to go into the surgery.
Speaker 2: But we're like and you're being wheeled in, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Yep? Wheeled in on the bed and you get in and they're like, do you want to put your playlist on with music? And I was like, virgin and I've made a playlist. It's party. It's good, A bit of sleandy on, bit of see you a bit of.
Speaker 2: Everything leaned on Oh my god, my Heart will go on?
Speaker 4: Which one bit more of a banger?
Speaker 2: Is like Selena doesn't have many bangers. What was the song?
Speaker 6: It's coming back to Me?
Speaker 4: Oh my coming back? So that I love that?
Speaker 2: Hang what else is on the playlist?
Speaker 4: Literally, celendy on and see we've got I thought I showed you. I've got a video of me so drugged up singing that song on the bed.
Speaker 2: No, I need to see that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, burgo singing too. Some lovely lady took my phone and took the most amazing photos and videos. They did it with Sophia too, do you remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so cool. You don't want to miss that moment.
Speaker 4: And it was funny because she was like asking me all these questions before. I'm like, no pressure, but like, my business is social media, so don't stuff is up.
Speaker 2: She would have died.
Speaker 3: She was like, you know anything, you feel me and then you stop, but you realize you just pressed play.
Speaker 4: Had one job, Like if she missed the birth, that's like, yeah, should be fired.
Speaker 2: All right, Have you got your playlist? I want to know what's on your players?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't have the playlist on my phone. It was on Burgo's phone.
Speaker 2: Bo, what's on the playlist?
Speaker 4: He's just doing baby things, funk sake, you wouldn't understand. Have you ever even been a mother?
Speaker 3: I hate it when people do that, They tell you how to hold a baby. I've had two kids, mate, I know what I'm doing like us. Yeah, have you ever had a baby before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Seleene Dianna. It's all coming back to me now, guys action. Maybe these are selected by Lauren by See Your Unstoppable Madonna like a prayer? Come on, No, I didn't let it just say fell Yeah, terrible song, Dragostia, didn't the Door, Teddy Swims, Evanescence bring Me to Life? I mean, how fitting really? GZ and Hals him and I. Yeah, that's that's more because like our kids are going to leave us, like we do all this hard work for them, than they're going to leave us. It will just be Laura and I all the above Maino. I don't know who that is. Michael Jackson. Will you be there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Thank god?
Speaker 2: Did you think of me.
Speaker 5: When that was on fall Out Boy?
Speaker 6: The same scene. Yes, that's why we put it in because we wanted you to be there. With us, Welcome to the Black Parade, My Chemical Romance, Selene Dion, Adrove all Night and Dire straight talk of life.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I love There is no rhyme or reason to any of those songs. By the way, they are completely chaotic. They literally go from Selene Dion to like when I Was an Emo and then back anyway, So that was our playlist.
Speaker 3: Did Burjo broadcast live from there as well? Yeah he didn't know b was he like introing and out throwing the songs?
Speaker 4: He was handing out free coffee vouches for Ashfred Did Jamaica play sponsored by Jamaica Blue?
Speaker 6: I was giving away free Ashford's days, every betraying, every song.
Speaker 3: You tend to send off his second night as well as and he got two bits people that are in media. All right, so there's a playlist. I want to talk about the horse training cliser because I know last time.
Speaker 2: For you that was really bad.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, it's not really a tranquilizer, but the epidural So everything this time just ran ran like clockwhere my veins worked. They weren't collapsing on drugs anymore. Or yeah, I'm a full druggy, so now my veins have taken. It was the first time. With the first chime, they're like, we've never done this before. Second time they were like, I loaded me up so good.
Speaker 3: So when you have an epidural, it kind of hits you in weird ways where you're, oh, he's just she's just being handed Florence, Florence in the machine noodle darling.
Speaker 4: My sweetheart, unfielded hip.
Speaker 2: My god, she's on the outside of you now. She was always in the middle.
Speaker 4: Do you know she's been in every podcast, every podcast. Oh, it's so cool when boring her.
Speaker 2: Look at her, So, hello, does she judge you like your other job?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she's judging us. I don't know where they get their judgment from.
Speaker 2: I don't know where. That's so weird anyway, So you've had the epidural and it makes you.
Speaker 4: Go, yeah, all warm. I was really scared about not feeling my legs. I think I told you I was having nightmares, even though when they do their job right, you don't feel your legs, like you're in there to not feel your.
Speaker 2: Legs, I know.
Speaker 3: But then you hear some weird stories of sometimes the yeah, very very very rare, but sometimes the legs don't.
Speaker 2: But work for a while.
Speaker 4: Okay, well I didn't know that part.
Speaker 2: You didn't google that before.
Speaker 4: No, I can't google anything because i'm because then i'd know I was.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So everything worked so well, and it was really quick, and the moment that she came out, like everyone was like, badgoe, badgoe, stand up, stand up, it's happening. But it was like, I swear it was twenty minutes, twenty minutes from the epidural coming out.
Speaker 3: In those twenty minutes, what is happening? What are your doctors talking about? Because I remember distinctly what minm were talking about. Do you race horses? While they were cutting me open?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So in that twenty minutes they are literally going through seven layers of skin, but just talking about everyday stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, I might hand the mic to Burger because at this point all I remember is my obstcution popping ahead over going. Guys, I'm just going through the muscle. You may feel something here, and I didn't really feel anything, But that's actually all I remember from this twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: The doctor was leaning over the you know, the privacy curtain, as if she was like cooking pancakes. She was so chill and so casual, and I'm like, you are slicing a human open and another one out of another human. And so in that twenty minutes, I was trying to be a support to Lauren and kind of distract her from everything going on around here, while also trying to listen because I'm on like high alert thinking. You know, when they're quick, things starts beeping and then it's a full emergency.
Speaker 4: I was just like.
Speaker 6: Waiting, nervous for something like that to happen. So that's all a like total blur for me. But we just had the playlist, we had songs on, we were singing along. We had two fantastic midwives in there who were talking to us about things and asking about Sophia and singing the song.
Speaker 3: You know, they are so good, are they? Midwives are the best. Are distracting you. They tap your head, they make sure you're okay. They just talked to you about stuff, and you think they're just having a conversation with you, but they're really doing an amazing thing by distracting you about what's actually happening.
Speaker 6: Everyone in that whole entire room was incredible and made a really peaceful experience. Lauren's crying. I'll hand the mic back over.
Speaker 2: Ones are the best.
Speaker 4: Oh no, do you know what it was? Because when you have a baby you get to fall in love with your partner all over again as well. And you were so good. You just you were laughing and stroking my hair and distracting me and you were just the best support.
Speaker 2: That's so nice.
Speaker 4: Oh sh I still I think this is a video. I think I found it. Listen to this. What have some lean deal unless to sleep on?
Speaker 2: Logooing?
Speaker 4: Bath knocking?
Speaker 1: Enough?
Speaker 3: You're just lying there, I'm literally lying there. Make us wear the bloody shower cat?
Speaker 4: At what point do they think one of my hairs is going to jump the kid like? I know I'm Italian and Greek, but how is my hair going to jump down my scar?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Why am I in a hairnet?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: And also you want to look nice when you're giving birth? No one looks good in a hairnet.
Speaker 4: That's maybe my complaint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's why I need to things up.
Speaker 4: I didn't need to be in a hand net.
Speaker 3: Okay, So little Bubba comes out over the sun roof and is handed to you.
Speaker 4: It's see your unstoppable. Guys, that's the song that one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm coming out, Oh my god, waiting for that first cry about you, my lady.
Speaker 4: He lives up.
Speaker 5: The cry.
Speaker 7: It's so am I hearing hearing them crying for the first time, so weird.
Speaker 4: Can you hear my QUARKI voice? It sounds like I've just butted my cigarette to like give birth.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so weird. Oh my god, that's life starting. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she comes out and then they put her on you straight away. Yeah, everything was fine. Burgo cut the cord.
Speaker 4: Burjo cut the cord. Do you also want to just talk about that how it all worked, because at this point I was also not just being stitched up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sure some of this is very basic because a lot of people listening have had kids. But they take the baby over to like a warming station, the pediatrician checks her out, and then they invite you over to cut the cord. And I went over and it's calamari and her cord was thick and juicy.
Speaker 4: The figurest umbilical cord I think I've ever seen ever, Like googling umbilical cords, it was.
Speaker 2: Like overcook kalamari.
Speaker 4: But it was too much. It would over an inch thick. They went, oh that's a big.
Speaker 6: Really everyone was like, that's a juicy cord.
Speaker 2: Or she was fed well, she was looked after, she was in the good paddock.
Speaker 6: And then they wrap her up like they swaddle her like a little burrito, little baby Jesus, and then hand her over and then we did the skin on skin and went back to recovery and chucked her straight on the boob. I think at that point Lauren started feeding and she was a good latcher from straight up, which was good for Lauren.
Speaker 3: And so isn't it so amazing when babies come out they've been out for like what a couple of minutes, and they search for the boob and they know, like how do they notice?
Speaker 6: So weird? But also what I want to point out is the baby was searching for the boob. But Lauren full diva, can someone get me a cox heer?
Speaker 2: Did she?
Speaker 6: And one of them midwhile like a Juni midwife, is like, oh, yes, I'll go, and comes back with a cokes heer and she just grabs it and such it down.
Speaker 4: Do you want to say that you actually did say that. You're like, do you want to say thank you?
Speaker 2: To her?
Speaker 4: I was like, thank you. I just felt like, bubbles, you do.
Speaker 2: So munny.
Speaker 4: But also, you just had a baby.
Speaker 3: You can You've just cut open, you've grown a baby for nine months, you can.
Speaker 2: Be a bit of it.
Speaker 4: I just wanted something nice and cold, and she went, I'll go searching in the fridges. I was like, thanks, dolfaze, was it cold enough?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: It was the best drink I think I've ever had in my entire life. So then she was this poor midwife is holding this can with a straw as I sip.
Speaker 2: You can't drink out of a can with a straw either.
Speaker 5: She was Mariah Carey.
Speaker 6: The poor woman was handing it and like bending the straw into her mouth. She laid there getting you the blue when she was Stephen Hawking.
Speaker 3: Stephen Hawking, Oh my god, you do have this weird thing about you though.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you are a little bit direct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Diva, Like so you'll go into a nail bar and sometimes I get him embarrassed because I'm like, can you just be nice because you're quite demanding.
Speaker 4: Sometimes doesn't she's quite like, you do a demanding. You are.
Speaker 2: You don't realize you're doing it. But it's like this weird like rudeness.
Speaker 3: Like if someone nips you when you're getting a nails done, you'll like yelp and get angry at them.
Speaker 2: Well, don't knit me.
Speaker 4: Just be bettering your job.
Speaker 2: You were made to be talent, You're almost earth to be talent.
Speaker 4: Excuse me. I did the hard yards as a producer. I was a nobody.
Speaker 2: It's so oh yuck, are you saying with someone now?
Speaker 4: No, I'm still a nobody, says you. With your Kiela Deville jagged on. How many time for your jacket?
Speaker 2: So sweaty right now?
Speaker 4: With shipping Burgo said before, it is this fair on the outside. There's nothing in your denim jacket to keep you warm except my big honkers. All right, okay, so let's talk about the name. When she first came out, I got a message from Ferjo and I was filming in the river Land and I had to walk in.
Speaker 3: I was so freaking excited, and you said, don't tell anyone, And I told everybody in the winery at Mali Estate.
Speaker 4: Because either love Malius, we ate Greek food, wine Rendmark and the first.
Speaker 2: Thing I asked, is what's her name?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They haven't got a name yet.
Speaker 4: We actually didn't have a name, do you know? Everyone was asking our parents everyone. Our parents quite liked Mum and Annie liked Frankie, so they thought it was going to be Frankie. Yeah, because I was like, oh, yeah, I like Frankie. They're like, there it is because we would We literally gave no stiff sniff of a name to any of our family anyone. And it's only because we just didn't have it. We just thought we had about four or five names?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: Between the last two? Gigi and Florence? They were the top two? Would you say?
Speaker 4: I always liked Gigi, but I wouldn't say it was top two. I don't know, well the other one.
Speaker 3: I thought that Florence was it, But then, you know, when you find your name, but then you've got to just make sure that there's nothing else.
Speaker 2: That you like more.
Speaker 4: I think we kind of were always on Florence, won't we Yeah, But it wasn't until about one thirty. We had the conversation, like we had the baby at nine one thirty, we were like, I reckon, it's Florence. Yeah, so it took a while to come to the conclus We just wanted to hold her and feed her and look at her and be in our little bubble.
Speaker 3: I was on the phone to Burgo and this is before you'd come up with a name, and he accidentally just said it was talking about Florence and said Florence. And he goes, oh my god, maybe that's the name, because it just rolled off his tongue like it wasn't You hadn't named her yet.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was a sign.
Speaker 4: That was probably a sign. And then her middle names are Annie Jewels, so Annie after Burgo's mum and Jewels after my mum. So they're gonna always be watching over her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: Now you wheeled up to your room.
Speaker 3: And now are you feeling a cacause last time it was full on with all the drugs.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was really like the legs start coming back. You know, they do the ice tree. Do you remember the ice treck? No, they put ice on your body to start working out where you can feel and where you can't feel. They're just so clever. I just think doctors and nurses and midwives are the most amazing people in this.
Speaker 2: I know, they're incredible.
Speaker 4: How do they know everything? And they do it calm?
Speaker 2: They study for men.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's how they go. Oh I thought it just came to them. No, no, yeah no, But they also do it so calm and kindly.
Speaker 2: That is also a skill you can't climb to teach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just you can learn all the book stuff.
Speaker 2: So how long to take your legs to feel like to fill your legs again?
Speaker 4: Probably about what six hours? Five hours, A couple hours, I don't know. But it was just also I think because I was expecting it, everything was way less stressful than last time, and I felt a lot more together. I wasn't on the hardcore drugs. I made sure I wasn't. Drugs just don't agree with me. No hardcore pankillers. They knocked me out. And last time I can't remember our parents coming in, yeah, talking like anything.
Speaker 3: And you do get cut open because you do have to be on so many drugs.
Speaker 6: I said the night before, I said, bab can you please this time just try and hold it together, and she goes, how rude, how offensive, I'm having a baby, I'm going to cut open, blah blah, bah blah, blah, And then I think when everyone came into the hospital, yourself included, Oh, you've got your shit so much more together this time. I think she realized I wasn't fucking messed last time.
Speaker 4: But you can't say that to hold yourself just we're laying in bed the night before he goes. Can you just try and hold yourself together a bit more? Like you're lucky we were with the kitchen like around sharp objects. I was, and I remember having my shower like twitching, going. He's got no fucking idea what we we do?
Speaker 2: You know what? You never like the night before you have.
Speaker 3: The baby, like surprising the more breakups don't happen at that point because you're just so irritated by everybody because nobody understands.
Speaker 4: But I was also very irritated the whole pregnant. Like at one point you said, I don't think you should be client facing.
Speaker 2: I did. We had to stop you seeing clients.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I was just telling everyone I thought of them. Yeah, but that's actually kind of freeing. Then don't be annoying, Yeah, just be lovely and stuff. You're like, I don't think you should be doing this stuff or clients or anyone.
Speaker 2: Do you send anyone in email or get on text messages?
Speaker 4: Can you just work from home? But actually don't work?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I will say that, like when I saw you, you look like a you hadn't even given birth, like you did. You look bright and clear and everything, And I think it's because you were so happy. And second babies do that to you because nothing is new, everything you've done before, and you kind of go, what the fuck was I complaining about with my first one?
Speaker 2: Like a newborn is so easy compared to having a.
Speaker 4: Toddler, compared to having a toddler. And then I guess where you're at now you start doing the driving and the drinking and the like every age comes there he's fourteen, No, but no, you start going through all the chats. It's a lot. Every every age comes with a stress. But I'm sorry. Newborns are like but they're pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Well, can I just say you haven't easy newborn?
Speaker 3: Things might change at some point, but right now, she's actually the dream I haven't.
Speaker 2: I've only seen her open her eyes twice, she sleeps, she eats.
Speaker 4: She's happy, she's so happy, she's so happy. But I have to say I think feeding. For me, breastfeeding is probably the hardest part of the whole entire thing. Okay, I find it so hard.
Speaker 2: Well this time, I thought you were finding it easier.
Speaker 4: Well, she latched so well. In the hospital, everyone's like, oh, you can hear her sucking and rund a mole, that's what my midwife said. She was sucking and swallowing and it was perfect. But then like my nipples were bruised and shredded, so there was like blood, there's bloody. Yeah, at one point there was some skin of mine on her mouth, so I had to pick off. And that that pain, you know when the milk comes out for the first time, and a lot of people say it's like your toes actually curl up when they latch. Yeah, the pain is that excruciating. But you got to push through her and everyone goes just pushed through it. You just gotta do it.
Speaker 3: What's this silver thing? This silver thing wasn't around when I had was breastfeeding. Everyone's talking about putting silver in nipples.
Speaker 4: Ah. Yes, they're called silvererettes. They're actually next to my bedside table. I can show you.
Speaker 2: I'm picturing like a thimble.
Speaker 4: It's like a thimble, but a bit wider, like a little dish, and you put them on your nipple, and silver has a healing it, so you don't put anything on them. So like sometimes I'd put lanilin on my nipples and then i'd leave the silver off, and then i'd feed and then i'd put the silver erettes on just with a bit of the colostrum, and it's supposed to just help them just repair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this time.
Speaker 4: You're creating already. Oh do you want royalties? You're not getting any, so I don't know what to give you this time.
Speaker 2: You're making more milk, do you think than the first time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm definitely making more milk, but it's just the taste is hard. And also like if anyone can help me with this right now, going from the bottle to the boob. Yeah, she's so smart. She can get sixty meals of pumped breast milk in about a minute, or she can like hang off my boob for thirty minutes to get the same sixty meal. So there was a couple of days in there where she was like, I'm not latching. Why would I I'm not going to do it because he's just going to put it into a bottle and I'm going to get it quicker.
Speaker 3: They're so smart, but also good that she drinks a bottle because some babies won't take a bottle.
Speaker 2: And then your stuff, So it's you can't win. It's so hard, but it can't win.
Speaker 3: So it's you do know what, You're just going to make sure she's fed and that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: However it happens, it happens.
Speaker 4: So we're doing half half breast, half perfume.
Speaker 2: And Burjo can help too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been the best help changing the nappies and doing the night feeds with me because it can be quite lonely by your safety is three am. And then but then it changes when he goes back to work. I know, it's so good that guys don't go back. Guys now can have like he's got four weeks off.
Speaker 2: I know, that's like unbelieving.
Speaker 4: You know, when our parents had babies, there was nothing. There was no help, There was no maternity leave from the government, there was no time off for the partners. But also our like our dads, they were working, they didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also kids grew up fast. She saw this on Instagram on the weekend. Kids at eighteen, Now I'll have the mentality of a fifteen year old from the nineties.
Speaker 2: So because we do everything for our kids, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like when we grew up, it was you grew up faster and even like our parents generation grew up faster, whereas now we just molly coddle.
Speaker 4: We are molly Coddler's do you know? Even when like so, we sent texts to everyone and family members. Make sure you make a big deal of Sofia before you make a big deal of her baby, Do you reckon our parents? Did that? Maybe? Betting you fuck? Do you reckon my mama's going making sure you barler at a president maker deal of her. They just pushed me aside and Alex.
Speaker 2: Came out, we're all about the mental health. But mental health has never been worse. Interesting, Why is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So Sofia has she been?
Speaker 4: She has been the best big sister, do you know? I will say, and I think Bergio you'll back this up as well.
Speaker 2: He's looking like stunned, Why are you stunned? Excuse me?
Speaker 4: The minute Sofia met Florence.
Speaker 6: The minute Sofia met Florence was beautiful. She has had moments of being the best big sister, and other moments like this morning where you were snoring your face off and I was getting it ready for school, where she was I had to like physically barricade her from coming in and waking you both up. So moments of being beautiful. The hardest thing about number two is Number one being around.
Speaker 2: No, it's true, it's nothing against them. It's hard.
Speaker 3: It's like, can I just read something out that Burgo said to me? This is a message I got on Tuesday, a couple of weeks ago, right after we stop.
Speaker 6: Texting you if you keep using it against me.
Speaker 3: I literally saw evil thoughts running through Sofia's mind when she was leaning into the bassinet before she stopped herself.
Speaker 6: She Sofia is beautiful. She's a true Gemini. She's beautiful. She has these heart melting moments and then has moments. And you've looked after her for twenty four hours at a time, and you've seen that she has moments where there is a potential possession hearing.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but she's smart enough to she'll never tip over the edge. I don't think like she had a stick and was saying I'm gonna stab out in the head.
Speaker 2: But she didn't do it.
Speaker 6: She has the thought, and I've had thoughts before where I'm like, i feel like she would murder us when she grows up.
Speaker 5: Legit.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it is?
Speaker 6: They're the Menendez sisters, Sophia and Florence Menendez.
Speaker 4: Just remember our kids can find this online one day.
Speaker 2: But you know, you want to be real like it.
Speaker 3: All it is is Sofia's going to go through the biggest change of her life in that she started school this week. She's got a new sister. You've come home and you're feeding a little baby. She probably wants you heaps because you're giving Florence heaps. So she's going through all the things that she's doing. Is so normal, But Sofia's so smart. You're just going through things probably earlier than other people would.
Speaker 4: And also, I yes, is probably when you have a baby and you've got a two year old, they actually can't comprehend as much as a five year old. So having a bigger gap at five, she knows what's up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she can help.
Speaker 4: Is she helping getting the wipes, getting the naps? She's like doing up the inside out. Yes, do you mind getting my drink bottle from the bedroom, of course, Mum.
Speaker 2: That is the best. She's lacing it with arsenic or something, probably.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't wake up for three hours after I drank from an.
Speaker 2: You were like that though with your brother, right, didn't you like send him out onto a main road?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I almost killed him, But you know we're fine now. It's a great guy, great guy, a plus electrical. No, but it's something about I was number one for four years and then this little thing came along and he was so much cuto and he's got blue eyes, and I was like, who gives a fuck?
Speaker 3: But now you started bleaching your hair in your five I don't want to look Italian.
Speaker 4: He had blonder tips for rosted tips. Now, we couldn't be closer that little that gap is perfect. But when you're twelve and your brother's eight and you've got a sleepover of girls and he's trying to be cool, you're so embarrassed. Yeah, we've got all that to go through. Sophia might be embarrassed if you one day.
Speaker 3: We are just so happy that she's here, and it was all great, and this is a whole different experience for you and Burjo.
Speaker 2: It's just so nice.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like your.
Speaker 2: Faunily is complete? Either family is complete.
Speaker 4: There's another video in there where I'm laying on the table getting stitched up, crying, going badgo our families complaint.
Speaker 2: It's a funny feeling. You got the feeling though.
Speaker 4: You've always told me about this feeling, and some of my friends haven't had the feeling. Therefore they haven't opened it to number three. They haven't done anything, and they've got like the two and three year olds now and they're like, do we have another one?
Speaker 6: Do we not?
Speaker 4: I'm done, you know, I know she's completed our little fair. It's the It's just like it's just the best two girls. I'm happy. You're awesome. I woke up this morning, like I said, falling in love with your partner all over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I slept in this morning and woke up burd just making sofia like little ham and cheese pizzas for the lunch box and putting them in the air Fright. I was like, I was going to do that and he's just doing it, like just those little things that when you're not always.
Speaker 2: Said this, if you have a helpful partner. It saves you.
Speaker 3: I think if you're more likely to really suffer with postnatal stuff if you don't have a partner that his hands on and helps, and it means you can't be a martyr either.
Speaker 2: You have to you have to accept help when there's offered.
Speaker 4: I'm still a martyr.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's in the gene.
Speaker 5: You are, but you aren't.
Speaker 4: It's the Italian in me.
Speaker 2: Fine, I'll do it. I'll get up and do it. Yeah, it's the guilt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like the guilt. I'll still be a guilty martyr. But thank you.
Speaker 6: I love that she's thanking me and saying I was going to do it. You had no intention of doing it. You were laying there snoring. You said what time is it? I said seventy fifty seventy. You said Jesus Christ and then fell back asleep.
Speaker 2: This is what I love about Lauren and Burgos.
Speaker 3: I've told you she's a con artist and she doesn't really want to and that's what makes her the best sales person.
Speaker 4: You are never invited back on this podcast ever again.
Speaker 3: That is so you want to say.
Speaker 4: Anything else before we go?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do want to say something else. Every time I listen to this podcast, I always listen to it going, that's bullshit.
Speaker 5: The Mayo.
Speaker 6: There'd be no Mayo left in the country with the amount that you put on.
Speaker 4: So good, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 2: On that note, Thank you so much for joining us. It is so nice to be on this couch with a little bubba, and I miss you so much at work.
Speaker 4: Are you okay to go through something?
Speaker 2: Eyes twitching?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay at the moment. That's once if you need help. You know what's nice Betty's not sitting her nose in my fanny this time around.
Speaker 2: Because she could smell her coming out. Yes, because last time.
Speaker 4: We did this podcast, it was like a hand hanging outside.
Speaker 3: She's got her entire nozzle inside you. It was giving you a stretch to sweet with her nose.
Speaker 4: Whereas now she's by my feet going, oh, I'm sorry, Betty. I've got Betty, I've got Florence, and thank you for holding the fort. I'm never coming back, fucking see.
Speaker 2: That's another why checked out.
Speaker 4: All right, love you guys, Million Moggie over to you.
Speaker 2: Bye, see you next week.