Speaker 1: On scoring needs Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the readA Panekey Show. We have a pack program for you coming up tonight. The Albanezi government green hydrogen dreams turn into a nightmare.
Speaker 4: Adam Crichton will be.
Speaker 3: Here to discuss that. In the day's other top headlines, including the West Australian Premier labeled a full great, reckless.
Speaker 4: Attack against J D. Vans and President Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Army Horowitz will join me to discuss President Trump's address to Congress and President Zelenski's backflip.
Speaker 4: Later in the hour, D D.
Speaker 3: Leeby will tell you what you have to know about the tropical cyclone Alfred and left.
Speaker 4: He's losing. It features more than one angry woman.
Speaker 5: He's not going to be He's not going to, you know, say, oh, you're with a white guy. I'm going to keep you from being deport No.
Speaker 4: You're going to pourt you and put the white guy with someone else. The man is out there now.
Speaker 3: We'll have the latest on President Zelenski's stunning backflip in just a moment, But first, Australia's crime crisis is becoming increasingly dire, including right here in Melbourne, where residents in the bayside suburb of Brighton are banding together to hire private security to patrol streets seven nights a week, costing some three hundred thousand per anom. The private security push comes after another terrifying home invasion, this time a.
Speaker 4: Machete wielding thug.
Speaker 3: Look at the size of that machete. These thugs broke into our family home, stole two luxury cars, a handbag, a wallet, garage, remotes, and even the piggy bank of a nine year old child who was left terrified by the ordeal.
Speaker 4: Joining me now for more on this.
Speaker 3: As senior fellow and chief economists at the Institute of Public Affairs, Adam Cricht and Adam all having to pay for their own security. It should not come to that atom in a first world city, No.
Speaker 1: And certainly in a state and city like Victoria and Melbourne where the tax rates are already so high, so people are paying through the nose for public services, and of course that should include a good police force.
Speaker 2: But carly that is not happening in this case.
Speaker 1: This sto is actually a little bit personal for me too, because I just moved to Brighton and actually some of the locals that I've been talking to there have actually been talking about this crime spree, and at first I didn't believe them, but.
Speaker 2: You know, the facts, the facts are now out there.
Speaker 1: The other thing that I was already surprised about was that, you know, this is a state that had absolutely no shortage of policemen during the COVID crisis, where you know, you couldn't even go outside without a mask on. There were thousands of thousands offices everywhere it looked like.
Speaker 2: So I don't think it's a lack of offices.
Speaker 1: I just think it's a lack of concern perhaps about certain parts of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we had elderly women on park benches being I asked, families at the beach for.
Speaker 4: Not being masked.
Speaker 3: There seem to be no shortage of police officers back then.
Speaker 4: Now, I want to play you some video of Peter Garrett.
Speaker 3: Of course, he disgraced himself with comments about Australia's most successful business person.
Speaker 4: Man or woman, Gena Reinhart.
Speaker 3: Is said to his audience at the Perth Festival, Pretend you're.
Speaker 4: Dancing on Gena ryan Hart's grave.
Speaker 3: But he wasn't done. Yet let's listen to some of the rant here now.
Speaker 6: When I see the CEO, the Texan born CEO of Woodside, start to gaslight the people of Western Australia by suggesting that if you don't support and if politicians don't support a carbon bomb on the Northwest Shelf as the oceans are heating up and ninglu roofs going under a scott Reefers jet jeopardized by saying that, well, in that case, you're going to have more coal. I realized two things. One these people have no shame whatsoever, and secondly they're wrong, and they say the spirit and the full sightedness and the faith in the future that people really have but will have to fight like hell to secure it.
Speaker 3: Adam, imagine paying good money to go to a concert hoping to hear some tracks from the eighties, you know, last time they produced anything worth listening to, and you've got to listen to that die tribe and more.
Speaker 1: Well, look, it's probably subsidized by the West Australian taxpayers too as well, I suspect, and of course it shouldn't be getting a cent of that. But more broader, his comments are just absolutely atrocious. I mean extremely juvenile, extremely unbecoming of a former cabinet minister. I mean what he said about Gina Reinhart is absolutely awful. She's a great Australian. She's given back so much of a time and resources to the community. She certainly does not deserve to be spoken about like that.
Speaker 2: And it's just it's sad. He's obviously seeking relevance.
Speaker 1: And I think he's just you know, he's brought shame to that festival and I think, just as the West Australian Premier said, you know, he's showing he's a sewing rather the seeds of hatred and behaving in a highly disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Way, absolutely hateful.
Speaker 3: And yet we haven't really heard much from the so called sisterhood who see misogyny everywhere. Tony Abbot only needs to look at his watch and they're up in arms about that. There's a misogynistic but these appalling comments about Gena rein Hart, Australia's most successful business person. Garrett didn't say anything like that about Twiggy Forest or all the other mining billionaires who happened to be male. He had that comment about Jena Einhart, and yet we're not seeing these loud and proud feminists coming out and saying that is just so hateful.
Speaker 4: It's appalling.
Speaker 3: Wishing death on someone saying you should dance on their grave is not what we should be hearing from a former minister, federal minister. And he's seventy one too. I mean that age you would hope you'd have some sense. Now, let's hear from WA Premier Roger Cork who made some ill conceived comments about Donald Trump and his vice president jd Vance.
Speaker 4: This is at a pre election Q and A hosted by the West Australian newspaper. Jd Vance is a knob.
Speaker 7: Sorry, you've got to have one unprofessional moment, DJA.
Speaker 8: That was it.
Speaker 9: Does Donald Trump still represent a dark road for the world.
Speaker 1: Well, I certainly think he represents an uncertain one.
Speaker 2: So again, let me just say, at times of.
Speaker 1: Uncertainty, you need a steady head, experience, head at the wheel.
Speaker 3: He's comments on Donald Trump were, I guess a little bit more, a little bit more sensible.
Speaker 4: Still, I would say ill advised. But calling jd Vance a knob.
Speaker 3: You've been really it's so idiotic. He says, it was just a light hearted thing.
Speaker 4: It was a gibe.
Speaker 3: It wasn't trying to be insulting, but if he hopes for his state to do any business with America in the next four years, I would say that is not something a leader should be saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's certainly right.
Speaker 1: I mean, just in general, I don't think state leaders should be talking about foreign leaders or foreign policy in general.
Speaker 2: So that's the first mistake. And then I think the second one is the word nob. I mean, it's so crass, and.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think people could even agree on what it means. So it's just a stupid word. It's embarrassing and I wins as an Australian when I hear those sort of comments about foreign leaders. Also, I think, finally it's really disrespectful of the very large chunk of Australians who quite like Donald Trump and who quite like Jode Events and so basically the Western shown premier is insulting them. So I think that there's this kind of mindset in the political elite in this country that everyone hates Donald Trump and that they can make these sorts of jokes about Trump and Dvans that is totally not true, and I think they will eventually get a rude shop with the ballot.
Speaker 3: Box and the likes of Roger Cook having a go at JD.
Speaker 10: Van's.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you put those two men next to each other, their intellect, their achievements, please you know, it's like having an os kick kid having a go at an AFL star. It's just a little bit, you know, it's a little bit pathetic. But let's move on to Ukrainian President Voldimir Zelenski. He's done a stunning one eighty. Just yesterday we were talking about his comments. He said the end of the Russia Ukraine war was and I quote very very far away, but today he wants to end the war and sign the minerals deal with the US immediately. He also said, our meeting in Washington did not go the way it was supposed to. It is regrettable that it happened this way. It is time to make things right. Adam, that's the understatement of the decade.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I mean I think this goes to show you the power of Donald Trump and the US president in general. I mean, basically, he's had to come back to Washington begging, who's had to apologize and effect and he's going to sign this deal, although it's not clear I think yet whether the US now wants to sign that deal or whether they want to change the deal. Look, look, I think you know the fact that there's a push for peace I think is great.
Speaker 2: That is terrific.
Speaker 1: But I still think there's so much uncertainty on what the Americans want, what the Russians want, and what the Ukrainians want.
Speaker 2: Here it's very hard to say where this is going to land.
Speaker 1: But I do think we all should hope that it does land in a permanent ceasefire.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, absolutely, we all want to see that.
Speaker 3: We want to see Ukraine get an advantageous steal, but we want the killing and this war to stop. Before you go, Adam, Revelations that another one of Chris Bowen's climate dreams has completely crashed and burned. Ninety nine percent of the planned one hundred billion dollar green high hydrogen supply has failed to progress beyond the concept stage.
Speaker 4: This is astonishing and a further blow.
Speaker 3: None of the six projects shortlisted under the Albin Easy government's two billion dollar green hydrogen plan are now considered viable or bankable.
Speaker 4: Financial sponsors have walked away.
Speaker 3: Adam, We've got sixty one individual projects being quietly archived. That's a nice word to say. They've been dumped anyway you look at it. This is a disaster and expensive disaster.
Speaker 2: It certainly is.
Speaker 1: And look, I think sensible scientists and engineers could have said from day one that this was never going to work, and of course many people did say that. And now we've fritted away billions and billions of dollars on these pipe dreams just to fill up column inches in the newspapers so readers can feel good about themselves that they're supporting some sort of renewable form of energy or whatever, a low carbon energy. You know, it's all completely nonsense, and you know, it's just so sad that we've just wasted so much money as a country on these things when we neglect, you know, the proper and the best sources of power that we have from fossil fuels, et cetera and hopefully one day nuclear And so we've damaged ourselves so much in doing this.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: It's all self inflicted damage, very expensive self inflicted damage.
Speaker 4: Adam Crichton, thank you.
Speaker 3: So much for your time tonight, joining me now, is head of advocacy at the Women's Forum Australia.
Speaker 4: Stephanie Bastion.
Speaker 3: Stephanie, this story beggars belief. The Sydney Local Women of the Year twenty twenty five has apparently been awarded to a transgender woman that is essentially, well not just essentially, it is a man who identifies as a woman. Talk about the patriarchy is striking again. The Local Woman of the Year awards as a new South Wales government initiative which allows each local MP to select a woman for their electorate to recognize with an award, and this year Independent MP Alex gram Greenwich announced that Brianna Skinner was his peak, praising Skinner's contribution as a proud transgender woman and a fierce advocate for equality and the community. Stephanie again, like, it's it's almost done to provoke a response, isn't it.
Speaker 9: You'd think so, Rita, And I think everyone now knows that Alex Greenwich is an activist on this issue who will do and take any opportunity to implement his social agenda. I think that it's absolutely ridiculous, of course, and more importantly it undermines the awards, which I think is really disappointing for community.
Speaker 4: For his community these awards.
Speaker 9: Should mean something, and by making a by this decision, he's undermined those awards.
Speaker 3: Now, steph let's turn our attention to the Sydney Mardi Gras and this photo from the event showing a man in a well fairly bold strip of boots. I think they're called they're pretending to spear a man dressed as Jesus in fishnet stockings.
Speaker 4: I mean this has understandably.
Speaker 3: Stirred up some controversy, Stephanie, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Well, a couple of.
Speaker 9: Weeks ago, a man in Wa was fined two thousand dollars and ordered to pay for the five thousand dollars in compensation for building a river a bridge over his private creek on his private property because he disturbed the rainbow, serpent and mythological aboriginal creature. Meanwhile, in New South Wales you can mock Christianity. Here we have an aboriginal man in kinky boots mocking Christ at the taxpayer's expense. I think it shows a great double standard from the so called diversion and inclusive crowd.
Speaker 10: But there are greater issues.
Speaker 9: I think with Marty Gras, there was full nudity on display, there were sexual fetishes on display, and there was a blatant promotion of gender ideology, which is extremely harmful to kids. So I actually question the MPs who turned up cheering and supporting this event, particularly Prime Minister Albanezi and the New Southeld's Premier Christmans, because this is not appropriate for children. Marty Gras is a radical political movement. It is not family friendly at all and quite frankly, it should be defunded.
Speaker 3: Well it is, and I've heard this commentary from members of the gay community saying that he has become so pilarticized, it's become so hard left that it is it's an activist event masquerading as again in lesbian Marty Gras. That seems to almost be an afterthought. It's all about the activism. That's why they don't like to have anybody who's even remotely on the other side of politics, because it's not about celebrating people who identify as gain lesbian. It's about just pushing this hard left agenda and at taxpayers expense. Now, I'm sure you'll remember this, we discussed it on this program. This comment from Federal Health Minister Mark Butler.
Speaker 1: What is slabor's position on trans participation in professions.
Speaker 11: Well, I'll have a go. Katie might want to add to this, but this is not an issue in Australia. We're very clear legal provisions in the Sex Discrimination Act, Section forty two says that sporting codes are able to put in place measures to ensure that particular sporting competitions reserved for in this case, the case you're referring to biological.
Speaker 3: Women, well, it actually is an issue for a number of reasons. And Steph, you posted this ad Victorian Labor produced share.
Speaker 4: Let's have a quick look.
Speaker 3: So on the one hand, they say this isn't an issue, it's not happening, but then they're producing ads saying it's wonderful that it's happening, it should happen more.
Speaker 9: I know that it's absolutely ridiculous. And while you can criticize the liberals for their inaction, Labor is actually responsible for the confusion because prior to the twenty thirteen amendments, where Julia Gillard amended the Sex Discrimination Act to remove the definition of woman and to include gender identity, state labor governments across the country from as early as two thousand and three introduced gender identity as a protected attribute under their sex discrimination Acts.
Speaker 12: Now, a lot of.
Speaker 9: These issues, particularly in community sport at a state level, will go through state courts. There is a clear conflict between state legislation and the Federal Act when it comes to protecting women's sport. Here the Labor government has used AFLW a clear example where stamina and strength would be in contradiction to the so called protections in the Federal Act, where it mentions those as legitimate reasons to discriminate. So we actually need clarification. We need Peter Dutton and Anthony Abernezi to have a policy on this or a commitment to support Claire Chandler's Save Women's Sports bill, because the issue is clearly there.
Speaker 3: It is and Donald Trump has put it firmly on their agenda. But even in the States, the Republican bill to keep men out of women's sport was blocked in the Senate after not having a single Democrat senator voting for it. This is incredible because we've got around eighty percent of Americans being in support of keeping women's sport for biological women, even the majority of Democrats sixty seven percent of day Democrats support that, that's according to the New York Times, and yet the Democrat politicians refused to vote for it.
Speaker 13: Not a single Democrat and a United States Senate voted to keep biological men out of women's sports. Not a single one of these guys. So congratulations all of you. You are with the eighteen percent who support that position. According to the New York.
Speaker 4: Times, incredible.
Speaker 3: The Protection of Women and Girls in Sport Act needed sixty votes to clear the Senate's legislative a filibuster, but it got only fifty one because Steph, as you heard, they're not a single Democrat backed it.
Speaker 9: Look, the Democrats are out of touch with their base, they're out of touch with voters, and they're out of touch with women. It's an absolute shame that they cannot see common sense to protect women in sport.
Speaker 10: I mean, if you have.
Speaker 9: A look at the issues that are coming out of America, the injuries in volleyball and total the total discrimination and swimming. I mean, they are just so ideological on this issue, and I think they should be looking into their party to see why, why will they not show common sense on this issue. The tide has turned Donald Trump and the Republicans won with a clear mandate to change this issue. It just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: It was certainly an election issue, and the polling after the election showed that it was one of the top three issues, and for independent voters is actually was the number one issues.
Speaker 4: These things aren't French.
Speaker 3: People care about this, people care about fairness. And Sephanie Bastian, we always enjoy having you on the program advocating for women and girls.
Speaker 4: Thanks for your time.
Speaker 3: Still to come Lefties Losing It, Plus we dissect the highlights of Trump's congressional address. Mihrowitz joins me. Next, you're watching the Reader Paney Show, and it's time for Lefties Losing It and good news. I have a view extravaganza coming up. But first let's hear from the view's target audience. You know, those angry, ill informed caarents. This one is particularly Matt.
Speaker 14: They brought Sealin Skin to the Oval office and attacked him. And ask people who are celebrating home, you every one of.
Speaker 3: You not actually what happened, but you know facts aren't important to the left, as you'll see in the next few clips.
Speaker 4: Because it's time to check.
Speaker 3: In with the dangerously delusional ladies of the View, and I regret to inform you they are increasing in number.
Speaker 8: You think about journalists, you think about the reason they're in the press briefing, when you think about the reason they're in the pool, it's called the protective pool. They're thirteen members of the pool are trying not to get to wonky here, and their job is to provide unbiased information to the American people because of the American people deserve that.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's former White House Press secretary and professional liar Kareein John Pierre.
Speaker 4: At the View on the View desk.
Speaker 3: I wonder is that a little bit of an audition as for the American people deserving the truth?
Speaker 4: You think we've forgotten this.
Speaker 8: I've spent sometimes countless hours with him, whether it's on the Oval office, whether it's on the road, And I believe for me, you're asking me my personal opinion.
Speaker 4: He is sharpe.
Speaker 10: He is on top of things.
Speaker 4: Sharp and on top of things. Yeah, cool story, bro.
Speaker 3: And she repeated that liar and approximately five thousand times in recent years. But Karein has some ways to go to reach the derangement levels needed for a full time gig on the View.
Speaker 4: As a co host, can she reach that pinnacle?
Speaker 3: The pinnacle set by Say Whoopee also known as Karen Johnson, Yes that's her real name. Here is Karen claiming that Donald Trump is going to break up the marriages of white dudes.
Speaker 4: Who've got foreign wives.
Speaker 3: He's going to deport the wives and find new women for the men.
Speaker 4: He's not going to.
Speaker 5: Be He's not going to, you know, say, oh, you're with a white guy. I'm going to keep you from being deported.
Speaker 4: No, you're going to port you and put the white guy with someone else. The man is out there.
Speaker 3: Oh, Krine, you have a long way to go to match it with these girls.
Speaker 4: No, I think that audition is not going to be enough.
Speaker 3: Now let's check on Joy Baha, who's still in denial about Donald Trump's enormous mandate to the fact that he won and won comfortably. And she is a schooled by another lefty, but a relatively sane lefty in Stephen A.
Speaker 15: Smith, going around with his cronies touting his so called land landside and blowout when but he won the popular vote by one point five percent one of this almost ever, and he won the general election by less than fifty percent.
Speaker 10: So what kind of mandate is this really?
Speaker 16: It is a mandate, and I'm going to explain why, and I don't mind the question, but let me be very clear. I'm no supporter of Trump. I'm a supporter of truth in the facts.
Speaker 2: And here's the facts.
Speaker 16: The man won every swing state. He increased in terms of his vot vote to turn out in his favor. From the standpoint of Blacks, Latinos, and young voters, he increased his numbers in that regard. From twenty twenty, eighty nine percent of the county shifted to the right.
Speaker 10: That's a mandate.
Speaker 3: The man was forced to repeat that data, to repeat the obvious, because these ladies just cannot cope with facts.
Speaker 16: So twenty years after they last won the popular vote, they won the popular vote, they won the electoral college vote. The man won every swing state, and on top of all, eighty nine percent of the counties shift against I don't understand how people can look at that and say there's no mandate.
Speaker 4: Lefty steven I.
Speaker 3: Smith then had to jump in and correct whoopee when she claimed that the Democrats are just for helping ordinary people. And listen here as she confirms that all they do on the View, All they.
Speaker 4: Really do is just push Democrat talking points.
Speaker 5: Let's rewind people what those you can do are making sure that families had what they need, snap making sure stuff is there, making sure that the America that we all grew up in, where you could come and be whoever you are supposed to be or want.
Speaker 2: To be, you still have that right.
Speaker 5: All these things are the things that the Democrats have always said.
Speaker 16: You brought up the message that the Democratic Party was disseminating. I'm challenging you on that. That is not what they were doing. I'm not talking.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 4: We did it. Did we didn't work out to well?
Speaker 2: Did it? Love?
Speaker 3: And In their latest episode, the Ladies of the View encourage the Democrats to launch a naked protest against total Trump's addressed to Congress.
Speaker 5: So dear get butt naked and dance around.
Speaker 4: What should happen?
Speaker 5: Or should they all wait till the end? When a freshman senator Alis slot Nek gives the Democratic response, anybody.
Speaker 15: I think they should walk out on masks.
Speaker 8: Naked.
Speaker 10: I think they should work out.
Speaker 15: I think that a picture is worth a thousand words.
Speaker 3: Naked protests, walkouts there really are overgrown children, aren't they?
Speaker 4: When will the mass tantrum end?
Speaker 3: But you know, if the view ladies were really serious about protesting Trump, that followed this next woman's example and transform themselves into Zelenski. Watch this, Yes, she is morphing into Zelenski in a.
Speaker 4: Show of solidarity. I don't know a shell of lunacy. I can't keep up with the modern left anymore. Let's see if she manages to pull it off. Just let's ask forward to the end. There's only so much a lunacy I can take. Let's play the last ten seconds. I will cry.
Speaker 3: I stunning and brave as always. You know, the Democrats have reached an all time low when the likes of Casey Anthony, Yes Casey Anthony, google her if you're not familiar with her futrid work.
Speaker 4: When she's pushing their talking points.
Speaker 17: As a proponent for the LGBTQ community, for a legal community, women's rates. I feel that it's important that I use this platform that was thrust upon me.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in journalist and filmmaker Army. Heroid's army will be looking at the top moments from Trump's address to Congress today, wasn't a astonishing two hour speech.
Speaker 4: America First, America First, all the way.
Speaker 3: But let's start with the backflip we have seen flom President Zelenski. Before today's address to Congress. President Trump had two enormous wins, huge significant wins. Yesterday we were talking on this program about the Ukrainian president saying that the end of the war was and I quote, very very far away. That got an immediate reaction from the White House. And today Zelenski has had a very different message. He now says he's ready for a piece deal and he wants to sign that minerals deal with the US immediately.
Speaker 4: I mean, the whole thing has been.
Speaker 3: A disastrous miscalculation from his part, and I do wonder whether he's going to secure the deal that was on the table before that Oval Office tantrum.
Speaker 7: Look, I've told you before, I'll say it again. I am out of the business of criticizing Trump when he makes crazy statements, right when he has, when he's putting on the crazy, I now say, wait, let's see what the master plan is.
Speaker 10: Let's see where he's going here.
Speaker 7: Okay, Look, there's this concept in wrestling and pro wrestling called playing the heels. Right, let me tell what that means, so in wrestling, it's all script and you have bad guys versus good guys, right, and the bad guys called the heel.
Speaker 2: Now what is he doing. He understands that he has to play.
Speaker 7: He's leaning into the left wing narrative of him being on the side of Putin. Why because he's not the side of Putin knows that right, you have to understand what's going on. Pun doesn't trust Trump. The reason why isn't trust Trump is because Trump has been one of the most anti Russian presidents in the history of this country. Okay, Trump not only had sanctions on Russia, Trump also funded he When you know, Trump says that he's right that before him, they were giving them blankets, non essential, no weaponry. Trump is the first person to actually give and sell weapons to crank who fight against a Russia.
Speaker 2: And more importantly, by.
Speaker 7: The way, than all of those things that what Trump did was look, Russias depended on one thing, oil natural gas. When Trump started pumping drill baby drill, I was pumping oil and natural gas out of our country. That dropped the prices for those natural resources around the world, killing the Russian economy. He was not not a pro Russian president.
Speaker 3: So as Army, he was, he was in he was in Germany, he was in across Europe in his first term.
Speaker 4: Telling them stop buying Russian.
Speaker 3: Oil, stop it being dependent on Russian energy, and they laughed at him.
Speaker 4: They did not listen.
Speaker 3: But he's got what he wants, it seems now he's got the minerals deal, we're one step closer to a peace steal, and he's also got Europe to spend more on defense. So it's a win on three fronts, and another foreign policy win for the Trump administration is again, you were one of the few political commentators, Army who picked precisely what Trump was doing when he said he'd take over Gaza, move out the population, rebuild it. You understood the strategy, and overnight Arab leaders adopted an Egyptian reconstruction plan for Gaza, and that's going to cost some fifty three billion, and it will avoid Trump's plan of displacing Palestinians from the area. So, as you said, Army, it's all about outcomes.
Speaker 7: Thank you for acknowledging that, reader. Yes, of course, that was the place again for sports analogy. When you play sports, when you run a play that's working. Good coaches run it over and over and over again, and the defense could figure out where to stop it. Okay, Trump's playbook is go crazy, right, just do the crazy, figure out what you're doing, and nobody has right. Otherwise the other way they would stop it.
Speaker 10: But they have it.
Speaker 7: And when he said I'm gonna rebuild, and I'm gonna throw them all out, and I'm gonna build hotels, they believed it. What did he do he like when the europe He got the Europeans to pay more for self defense. When it comes to Ukraine, he now got the regional players who have a vested interest in what's going on to pony up the money enough. Why should America fund this when is the the people living in the area of to deal.
Speaker 2: With this issue.
Speaker 7: And now they're poning up, like you said, tens of billions of dollars. I'll point out one quick thing is that they're gonna They're doing the first phase is twenty billion dollars for two hundred and twenty thousand dollars in housing for the Palestinians, which by the way, is way better than the sixty thousand dollars per tent. San Francisco is gonna pay for the homeless people. For me, even the Arabs are more effective in their spend than California City Council is They're spending on the whole population.
Speaker 4: Everyone's more effective than California.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about now. Trump's address to Congress. This really was something like I've never seen before. I've seen plenty of addresses to Congress, plenty of State of Union addresses, but this was just army two hours of pro America shockun All the spirits were high. I can see we've got our standing ovation for everybody.
Speaker 4: Millennia got a standing ovation.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump walked in in high spirits and he started his speech with.
Speaker 2: This, America is back.
Speaker 18: Six weeks ago, I stood beneath the dome of this capital and proclaimed the dawn of the Golden Age of America. From that moment dawn, there's been nothing but swift and unre lenting action to usher in the greatest and most successful era in the history of our country. We have accomplished more in forty three days and most administrations accomplished in four years or eight years.
Speaker 2: And we are just getting started.
Speaker 3: American spirit, the confidence, the dream, and the Democrats I've got to say, were determined to disgrace themselves.
Speaker 4: Army, I'm interested in your take on this.
Speaker 3: There was a loud booing at the very start that were hissing like alley cats.
Speaker 4: And listen to the interruption here and then.
Speaker 3: The response from the rest of the folks there who started a Uschad.
Speaker 18: We won the popular vote by big numbers and one counties in our country.
Speaker 3: Oh, in the end, me Al Green, as we saw there on the screen, he had to be escorted out. I mean, it really was an unseemly little protest. Obviously a planned little stunt. But how did you think the Democrats went there? Because they wouldn't even clap. They wouldn't even acknowledge all those emotional moments where there's victims of crime there who are being acknowledged, where there's heroes being acknowledged, where there's a little kid who's survived brain cancer and is being made an honorary member of the Secret Service. They couldn't even bring themselves to put a smile on their faces and clap for that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Al Green be tossed out. Let's not stay together, Okay, sorry different Al Green, I will never sing again. I'm sorry, we don't. I'll never do that again. Look there, it was so childlike and wilful behavior by the Democrats. I've never seen anything like it. They brought rocks right like a second rate herot top. I mean, it was so weird and gross. Look, you know, in all the years I've been seeing and by the way, you know, look, he went through all the hits I love, I love telepropter Trump. Right, he went through all his greatest hits the last thirty days. And that's why I guess this is the longest speech in the history of president talking to to join Congress. But no, it was it was grotesque that they could not acknowledge anything, even things they could you would think seemingly they would agree on. Right, he talked about how he's going against the Mexican cartels. Dead silence, You mentioned that thirteen year old kid who has got cancer. Silence. Look, even though I've seen when Biden had I paid attention when Biden spoke at his Stay of the Union, when he was introduced, you saw the Republican stand up, but cloud because he's there present, the Democrats could not do it. It was such a grotesque display, a petulant behavior. And it really spoke poorly of the party. It really did.
Speaker 3: It did, and I think they're going to pay a price for that. I think it was just a miscalculation. Again, You've got to pick your battles.
Speaker 4: And if he's.
Speaker 3: Praising or acknowledging heroes people are universally admired or this universal sympathy for them.
Speaker 4: Why would you set yourself aside from that? It's just anti American.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Trump did boast about his administration's achievements, including on the illegal immigration crisis.
Speaker 18: Illegal border crossings last month were by far the lowest ever recorded ever.
Speaker 3: And he called on the Democrats to be on the pro America team.
Speaker 18: And I look at the Democrats in front of me, and I realize there is absolutely nothing I can say to make them happy, or to make them stand or smile or applaud Nothing I can do. I could find a cure to the most devastating disease, a disease that would wipe out entire nations, or announce the answers to the greatest economy and history, or the stoppage of crime to the lowest levels ever recorded. And these people sitting right here will not clap, will not stand and certainly will not cheer for these astronomical achievements. They won't do it no matter what. Five five times I've been up here, it's very sad.
Speaker 3: At that shot of them sitting there with sour looks on their faces, holding up their little signs musk steals. I mean, really, that's about my seeing coherent saw and I can imagine.
Speaker 4: Amy he succeeded.
Speaker 3: They're in painting the Democrats as being against not just his success, but America's success.
Speaker 7: He brilliantly put them in a box, right, He really put them in a trap, and and and and they they walked right into it, right, And it played out exactly as he wanted to set out. So you know, kudos to him. Look, if I can say one thing positive of the Democrats, right, I guess I'm gonna try it. Look at least Slopkin's response, I thought was one of the better responses I've heard in a very long time.
Speaker 2: But she stood.
Speaker 7: What's funny was that she stood in direct contrast to what we saw in the chamber.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 7: It didn't it didn't comport to the behavior we saw with the Democrats. It almost sounded like she wasn't a Democrat, right, That was that was so interesting about it. That was not the way they were playing it. It was so weird they had her speak. I thought she spoke well.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a lot of standing ovations. I stopped counting them because I lost track.
Speaker 4: There was someone I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Would have kept account. But Elon Musk was acknowledged. He got a big call out. It's always that Trump is happy to elevat him. There's no jealousy there, like the media is pretending that there's some sort of rivalry there, and he hates the attention Elon Musquet.
Speaker 4: He elevates Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: At every given opportunity, and he read out some of the savings that Elon's team has made and some of the programs they've asked.
Speaker 18: Forty five million dollars for diversity, equity and inclusion scholarships in Burma, forty million dollars to improve the social and economic inclusion of sedentary migrants.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows what that is.
Speaker 18: Eight million dollars to promote LGBTQI plus in the African nation of Lesuto, which nobody has ever heard of. Sixty million dollars for indigenous peoples and Afro Colombian Empowerment in Central America, sixty million dollars eight million dollars for making mice transgender.
Speaker 4: And he hit on the big staff.
Speaker 3: He read out the letter from President Zelenski. It was a very polite, respectful letter, I've got to say, very different to his conduct in the Oval office.
Speaker 4: So that was another big win. And we talked about DJ.
Speaker 3: That was really I thought one of the really heartwarming moments that.
Speaker 4: You'll remember from this address to Congress.
Speaker 18: Joining us at the gallery tonight is a young man who truly loves our police.
Speaker 2: His name is DJ.
Speaker 18: Daniel is thirteen years old, and he has always dreamed of becoming a police officer. Twenty eighteen, DJ was diagnosed with brain cancer. The doctor gave him five months at most to live. And tonight, DJ, we're going to do you the biggest honor of them all. I am asking our new Secret Service Director Sean Curran to officially make you an agent of the United States Secret Service.
Speaker 3: Oh it was adorable, and he gave a big hug to ur to the Secret Service chief. I know you can be rather cynical army, but even you must have just got a warm glow watching that.
Speaker 18: Walk.
Speaker 7: Come on, reader, look.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad, I'm not harmless.
Speaker 7: I mean, look the truth.
Speaker 3: You don't like the Democrats who sat there and refused to clap that poor boy who has just done such enormous work battling this awful cancer, and he's defied all the odds, and he was so happy to be there, and that I didn't even just put their hands together for him.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 7: I was kind of jealous. I want to be a secret service agent I love, but he was never more than me.
Speaker 10: So fair we all do, we all do?
Speaker 4: Rv RB Horowitz, thank you so much for your time. Tonight still to come.
Speaker 3: What you need to know about tropical cyclone Alfred.
Speaker 12: D D.
Speaker 4: Done Levy has the details. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is broadcaster and amateur meteorologist D D.
Speaker 4: Done Levy.
Speaker 10: D D.
Speaker 4: You are obsessed by all things weather. I'm giving you this title just for the night.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you're obsessed by the weather, but plenty of people are, and we do have a serious situation happening right now in northern New South Wales and Queensland, with tropical Cyclone Alfred set to hit late tomorrow early Friday, or flights in an hour of bar and Bay have been already canceled. They're running out of toilet paper. It's like COVID all overing and up there, but the rest of the country seems largely oblivious. D tell us how serious is this tropical cyclone?
Speaker 12: Well, the Queen's I'm Premier, David chris Off fully said, it's not unprecedented. It is very rare and look, I am obsessed with the weather. I'm a compulsive radar checker when there is a.
Speaker 10: Rain event coming.
Speaker 12: But I'm also I don't buy into the hysteria around weather. I do note that they have warned people to stay away from the water because my husband's a surfer and the first thing he said was war look at the surf. So I think they need to stop people from going down to the beaches and a surfing and b just having a look at the big waves. I'm pleased to see that the airlines appear to be doing what's reasonable. Anyone that had booked before Monday, when it became widely known that this storm was going to have quite an effect on Queensland there and you'd have to check with your own individual airline, but they're considering allowing people to move.
Speaker 10: Or take a credit voucher.
Speaker 12: Greyhound Australia is looking at canceling some of its services, but it's also being I think quite accommodating to its passengers as well.
Speaker 10: The Batuta advocate Raader I done with the saw.
Speaker 12: They had a headline that the supermarkets have sold out of fake tan and teeth white.
Speaker 3: Now, well, yes that's essential in parts of that Slavin Queensland, I don't know. I mean, you can be critical of those who are going over to the beach and putting themselves at risk, but to be honest, it's probably what I'd be doing if there were massive waves there, I'd be wanting to have a look. Now let's get to the celebrity and royal news. Meghan Markle's new cooking show called With Love Meghan has just premiered on Netflix and she surprised a private seat screening full of her fans. Apparently Meghan Markel fans out there. Let's have a look at that.
Speaker 17: Okay, we have a big sippracest her for was WHNA have been following a dig and everything else for so long?
Speaker 18: They don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm much.
Speaker 3: We knew, Oh dear, Now the series has been called an exercise in narcissism at Megan Markel, should that be Megan.
Speaker 4: Sussex has well?
Speaker 3: She was quick to correct actress Mindy Kaylee over her last name.
Speaker 13: I don't think anyone in the world knows that Megan Michael has eaten Jack in.
Speaker 10: The box and loves funny too. Do you keep saying Megan Markele you know him Sussex? Now you have kids and you go no. I share my name with my children. Yes, and that feels so.
Speaker 17: I didn't know how meaningful it would be to me, but it just means so much to go.
Speaker 10: This is our family name, Didy.
Speaker 3: Is that that harsh called by some It wasn't from me, just called that entire program and exercise in narcissism? Is there a man or the content she's providing?
Speaker 10: It is? I lasted nine minutes.
Speaker 12: I really tried to watch this for you something I could report back to you, and I think the only people watching it at the moment journos who've been given the task of.
Speaker 10: Putting together those reviews.
Speaker 12: There's something so fake, that little thing of her going in to surprise people where she the little shush.
Speaker 10: Who's she shushing me?
Speaker 12: Sitting on my couch at home watching the video, And then there's a very quick edit when.
Speaker 10: She says, what did y'all think?
Speaker 12: And then a quick edit away because I'm sure there's just a stun silence in the room.
Speaker 10: I've tried just a sum up what I think is wrong.
Speaker 12: With it, and I think if you think of Nigella during her show, she would look at the camera that look those big brown eyes, you know, while she'd sneak down in the middle of the night in the pajamas and eat.
Speaker 10: From the fridge.
Speaker 12: Megan doesn't connect with the camera. She talks to her crew, she is allowing the cameras to watch her, but there's no connection. It just all fixed, feels fake. She admits the house is fake. I won't be watching any more than the first nine minutes that I watched. I checked out when she started putting cut up vegetables on a plate and giving them a fancy name, crude deity.
Speaker 3: Ah, well, you know, thank you for taking one for the team. Nine minutes is still nine minutes, so we do thank you for your service now. A source qulose to Ben Affleck has said that that he would love another chance with ex wife Jennifer Gana, not Jennifer Lopez. He just seems to bounce from one Jennifer to the next. Die He's just got divorce from Jennifer Lopez. I don't know should he tries somebody new because it hasn't worked with these two already multiple times.
Speaker 12: I'm going to file this story under the well load of poppycock file.
Speaker 10: I just think it's tabloid nonsense.
Speaker 12: I don't think it's real and we need it's all quoting a sauce and a close friend.
Speaker 10: We know those people don't exist.
Speaker 12: I don't think he's wanting to get back Ben doesn't have.
Speaker 10: Any quote friends. No, I don't think he does. Look, they've got three kids together.
Speaker 12: They have to maintain a relationship, and I think that's all that's going on between these two.
Speaker 3: Well dd, that's what we love you. You separate the scuttle butt from the real stuff with substance. Dedie done, Levy, Thank you so much for your time tonight. Thanks DA, and that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Good Night,