Speaker 1: Hello, raging on the podcast Roll Call Today. Interesting group of characters, scam In present Janos the narc Present, Whitney the Contractor.
Speaker 2: Hi, it's me.
Speaker 1: We need to come up with a nickname for wit Oh.
Speaker 2: I think Whitney the Contractor rolls up.
Speaker 1: So Brody, who we affectionately called the thumb because.
Speaker 3: I can see.
Speaker 1: Great name. No, no, especially when you're sitting here and you go. So he's away at a wedding for a week, week long celebrations. So Dragon Ladies just ended.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, we're just high.
Speaker 3: Enough?
Speaker 2: No, you did really well?
Speaker 1: Or morning. Lauren loves the podcast, gets a little love out there on the potty.
Speaker 4: Yes, she thinks this should go for longer.
Speaker 3: At eleven o'clock, we start the podcast what have you done?
Speaker 4: Oh? You broke the mic?
Speaker 3: And Jays really loves a podcast, so I let him have it to himself sometimes.
Speaker 4: Do you know what, I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier. Handle that thing?
Speaker 3: Why do you swing the microphone around like that when we're doing breaks? Do you know you do it? You're like anyway, as I was saying, you throw it around.
Speaker 5: I think spec dramatic effect.
Speaker 1: You can't hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can sometimes. I listened to the show back the other day and I was like, oh, that's him throwing the.
Speaker 2: You listened to the show back, what were your thoughts?
Speaker 3: I thought it was excellent. I loved it.
Speaker 1: It was very funny.
Speaker 3: I thought the girl made some very valid points.
Speaker 5: It's just nice to hear a girl that's just not laughing all the time, like they actually have some thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I thought about it, although I laugh too much often at my.
Speaker 1: Own Whitney, the contractor and I we're just discussing the muffin that we got downstairs.
Speaker 3: It was pretty good around.
Speaker 1: I fucking hate waste the meal?
Speaker 2: Is it gone already?
Speaker 1: That was? What do you mean? No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean like like last night I ordered tie.
Speaker 3: For example, what did you get chicken pad TI?
Speaker 1: I got prawn pad tie?
Speaker 4: What oh you mean no?
Speaker 3: One chicken or bust?
Speaker 2: Yeah, chicken or bust.
Speaker 1: Find the chicken can be quite dry.
Speaker 2: Like even just a vegetable with some tofu.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love I love.
Speaker 2: Get inside me.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 4: What's with Jason? All of this so far?
Speaker 1: On prawn pad and then I got some ginger prawn dumplings do you like.
Speaker 2: Prawns or something?
Speaker 3: A prawn moment?
Speaker 2: But they're the little tiny shrimps. They're not prawns.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no no, these were prawns, not not weedy little shrimp like prawns. Been into the dumpling first, and it was sort of like.
Speaker 2: A wait, wait, wait, dumplings aren't tie. Where is it an Asian fusion?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Its Asian fusion for Amese, Agay, Vietnamese either and pads.
Speaker 1: It was. It was Asian fusion, Okay, so.
Speaker 3: All the Asian cuisines mixed together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I've been into Asian megam, I've been into the dumpling and I had that you sometimes where it's like a fishy.
Speaker 3: Smell because you've got prawn dumplings.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, something's not right here.
Speaker 3: It feels sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so did I stopped eating the dumplings. Was ropable because there goes the entree, and just moved on.
Speaker 3: To is this what you're saying about wasting the meal?
Speaker 1: We got around, We got there, wasted the meal.
Speaker 3: So people listening to this home, can you hear him throwing the microphone around again?
Speaker 4: It's quite loud.
Speaker 1: No one's listening to it in a production studio.
Speaker 3: I had it in the car and I was like, oh, you can tell him to stop throwing that micron.
Speaker 1: Throw a meal.
Speaker 3: Oh ah, that spicy tune of crispy rice from Nobo, black cod from No from But we talked about this the other day, something different other than Noboo because we're turning into no.
Speaker 4: Can I say something different from no.
Speaker 3: Not No Boo's shut but you cannot Nobel.
Speaker 4: Picking duck pancakes, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Overrated with shang high pork dumplings, du pancakes.
Speaker 6: I remember going to Botswana Butchery in New Zealand the slow cook lamb and the duck fat potatoes and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, that was it. That's your death throw meal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I make a pretty good.
Speaker 1: Plate Spanish music.
Speaker 5: Fat potatoes, I said, I make a pretty good potato.
Speaker 2: Do you want to tell you the.
Speaker 3: Potato thinks he makes the best potatoes?
Speaker 5: You guys have a potato, we should so the cooking of the potatoes, like if you have duckt fat, yes, fine, heat that up in the oven first, or he in the oven first, cooked potatoes on the side, pop them in like but the key question.
Speaker 1: Sorry question, I'm popping the potatoes into the hot oil, yes, yes, and smash them and then I put them on the tray that has.
Speaker 5: He's one of those little brushes, and then you want to give it a bit of a shape hot oil.
Speaker 1: Brush.
Speaker 2: So you cook them for however long until they're just like cremated. But the key is the salt.
Speaker 5: So the you get like a flake, yes, so flaky sea salt, fresh rosemary and some lemon zest. Pop that in your little blender thing so it comes into like a fine green salt. You blend it down and then like take the potatoes out of the oven and like toss them through the salt.
Speaker 2: It will change your life.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do that.
Speaker 6: Another hack, though, is halfway through the cooking process, take them out and get like a potato masher and squash them so they've got like a flat surface, and then put them back in so that the surface is flat and so they've got a really crispy bottom, a smashed potato.
Speaker 3: Smashed potato.
Speaker 1: Should you each make your potato tonight and we do a taste test, but.
Speaker 2: They won't be the same the same.
Speaker 6: You need an oven.
Speaker 2: I made potatoes last night. I can't have them again to it's not here, isn't an.
Speaker 1: Outside broadcast for the podcast the kitchen there there is an oven.
Speaker 3: Well, that's good to know.
Speaker 2: You've got two ovens? Do you have like two of the well ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but one is also doubles as a microphone smart whoa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got an oven here, but no one knows how to use it because it doesn't have knobs on it's buttons and.
Speaker 1: The symbols on ovens just right fucking fan force, grill. Don't did a little fucking top hat.
Speaker 3: That's your top language.
Speaker 1: No oven the top hat.
Speaker 2: Oh you have to do.
Speaker 5: It's like Google like brand like smeg oven symbols and it's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Symbols are the death of me.
Speaker 4: I had to put it to put a ticket in for this one so text could work out how to muse it because nobody knew how to turn it off.
Speaker 3: Were you planning on cooking for breakfast in the oven?
Speaker 4: It was for a bit.
Speaker 5: You talk about this place like you've worked here as long as Joe.
Speaker 4: I've been here over a year, mind.
Speaker 3: You, I worked in this building for really they are part of the Nova family. Get wait a couple of months, you're an ambassador.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very different to the days when it was.
Speaker 6: The studios pretty much similar, except for like you know, all the Nova that.
Speaker 1: The frames stayed the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the office itself that they've done a good.
Speaker 2: Renno, yeah was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, we didn't get the world famous rooftop though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't intake that the world famous rooftop looks a little room these days.
Speaker 1: It's a little a bit more of a world famous balcony.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I was looking at the space of the world famous rooftop. We've got the same space.
Speaker 6: On the balcony, having drinks up there and having lunch up there and stuff.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: I'd rather just go home and eat, to be honest.
Speaker 4: Justin Bieber up there on the roof.
Speaker 3: When he was like twelve, Lauren, you were going to say something. I was just going to say, the music at Nova is very differ to what I'm used to and some of the bangs that have been playing today. Look at what song's been played right now, Jenny from the Block.
Speaker 4: A year it's not is it? Nine?
Speaker 2: Was today? It's ten thirty five?
Speaker 1: We played what is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You guys played Blink one eight to today.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is sick the music really?
Speaker 4: Is it nine anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 4: Is it nine? Straight after ash for like half an hour?
Speaker 1: The catchphrase across the day bangers and old school kids.
Speaker 4: Nope, that's that's across the road.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the OX fresh hits and throw b random or like I don't know, actually detatable radio station taglines. No offense to anyone who's come up with one.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: I like nova random.
Speaker 4: I like it no, but you.
Speaker 2: Never know what you're going to get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I kind of like that.
Speaker 5: I feel like the BBC is like that, Like BBC Radio one, when you're like driving around, you'd be like, where the FU did this song come from?
Speaker 2: I've never heard this song in my life.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, I've never driven around streaming the bb.
Speaker 5: No overseas, I wasn't here, but I know what you mean.
Speaker 6: It's like today, when we were producing, I'm like, are we playing Blink one?
Speaker 2: H This was cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's cool, isn't it? Yeah it should be. You never know what you're going to get, But then it's always Taylor Swift after it, so it's like.
Speaker 1: Like like we used to play three time of swift sos in one shirt.
Speaker 2: Not enough.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's a good variety.
Speaker 3: M Mum's tired. Also a sonic. I don't know if I slept funny or if it was because I was wearing like.
Speaker 1: Hell heels for magic trick to cheat you up.
Speaker 3: No thanks seeing it once, don't need to see again.
Speaker 4: I know the magic trick.
Speaker 5: Did you go and have your special massage on Friday?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I went through lymphatic. It was amazing, but it makes you really tired. And I had something on that night. She can you skip it? And I was like, not really, And I really feel like I ballsed it up because and I basically had a bender at the Grand Prix all weekend after having an emphatic. She just meant to like dehydrate you, she said, only every three or four weeks, because it's meant to dehydrate you. No. Sorry, you meant to drink lots of water because it flushes your kidneys and your limps and get water. I drunk lots of champagne. My body was aching the next day. I'm going to see Jen at Love tomorrow. Though Love Haven, Jane and I have been going there for years.
Speaker 1: What's a really nice one? Got a voucher to go.
Speaker 3: Labs more like Chinese medicine.
Speaker 1: Hands with the sign open fixed.
Speaker 3: What's that baby cats? She's what?
Speaker 5: She got a voucher for crown spar No, No, not like a rest like sense of self?
Speaker 2: About your comma?
Speaker 5: That was the best, except I told them touch my feet and the guy was like, they'll.
Speaker 3: Get a message today.
Speaker 1: What's it called? Comma?
Speaker 2: That's a sweetish, really beautiful in Cremon?
Speaker 3: Did you buy it for lou or someone else?
Speaker 1: Someone else did? But no, not this joint. But it was dark, but there was like hang on not sense.
Speaker 2: Of self in Collingwood.
Speaker 1: Sense of self?
Speaker 2: Apparently it's amazing. It looks really good.
Speaker 3: Since is this place EVERYNT goes to in Sydney and I really want to go there? They do four hands massage. But then I watched one of my friends go sense of posting and at the end they make you line like a giant birds nest like a show, and they put crystals on your your line and nest.
Speaker 2: What's it called?
Speaker 3: I can't remember?
Speaker 1: Communal?
Speaker 2: I know I love a sauna. My gym has a sauna.
Speaker 3: I like a steam room infra red saunas.
Speaker 2: In for it. It's grind.
Speaker 1: Never had one. But do I get hot?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Just let's stop an infrared sauna? Will I get hot?
Speaker 2: It hits you from the inside out and not the outside inn.
Speaker 6: So it's different kind of sweat, a different kind of Should we get a sauna in here place?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I really want I love a steamer.
Speaker 4: Lauren bought a sauna.
Speaker 1: That's right. Lauren and I played a game one day on the air, Lauren Clinton I, and it was We're all going to online shop. In the song, whoever buys the most expensive item wins. But you got to sort of in fuck each other because you maybe I'm going to spend a lot, Maybe I'm not. I bought a three hundred dollars deep fryer, what do it? Clint by a gold chain or something, and Lauren bought a for it?
Speaker 2: So do you have one at home?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: No, then I didn't arrive. It was it meant to be like a weak shipping or something, and then it hadn't arrived in the way and I called them, They're like, oh, we're on back order. I was like, Canta counsel all the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: There's room in here in the corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we want to put one in the.
Speaker 4: Sauna corner.
Speaker 1: Into the Cox. Johny is just putting sh back on after being in the sawner corner. Cox.
Speaker 3: Want to win corner quite like the sauna corner, Like put them in the hot seat.
Speaker 1: I've noticed with the for red saunas, how many have you been in? Quite slimsy? Yeah, what do you mean, Like the doors are it's not like, oh, you have to have the big doors like on a sawn normal door. Yeah, and they have some weird friends of us had one in their garage.
Speaker 3: And mind if I say you saw us want to test the hinges.
Speaker 5: Do you know that there's an old getting a sauna in her at her house infrared?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I don't know if it's infrared or traditional. Apparently it's very good for like skin and like there's a lot of benefits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she's very good into the like fight infections and if you're going it every day, less likely to get a cold.
Speaker 1: I would like a steam shower shower where the shower becomes a steam room.
Speaker 3: You have a shower chair and you're sitting there.
Speaker 2: I stay of the house that had that shower.
Speaker 4: Where do you get them from the shop?
Speaker 3: Well, I would get them built. You get a builty in mind if you had a shower, a shower, steam.
Speaker 1: Shower, but yeah, just shower chair sitting there, sweat out there? Did to your body on the weekend?
Speaker 2: I need an in the weekend.
Speaker 1: Friday going there and lick that floor?
Speaker 3: What did you just say?
Speaker 2: Then Fronday go in there and licked the floor.
Speaker 3: It's very salt burner.
Speaker 1: What's what's a steam shower costure? Oh?
Speaker 3: I know they're a lot because that's a whole plumbing thing. It's like an infrends on that you can buy and then install and just have it somewhere. Steam because you need their no the same show. You need the pipes to come under because it blows the steam out of the bottom behind the tiles.
Speaker 2: Rip out.
Speaker 1: Always freak out and I'm going to get third degree burns in a steam room. You're gonna watch where the valves. I want your steam room today.
Speaker 3: You all the money in the world, you don't do a steam room today.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm going to steam. I'm going to go down the fitness first on Bay Road.
Speaker 3: What are you lost across the road.
Speaker 2: How often have you want to I mean that's true.
Speaker 3: How often have you gone to fitness?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 2: What do you remember steam? You have a.
Speaker 1: Membership, no day passed?
Speaker 3: Do you only once to use the steam room?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And someone was next to me in the steamer room doing their toenails. It was like stadium, you know where they have like the tears seating and we're all sitting there and look over and he's having a that's he had scissors in there. He wasn't around.
Speaker 3: When he left.
Speaker 1: Have a privately, I think so most of them.
Speaker 5: We should probably do this as a phone at some point. But people cut their tone. People like do their fingernails and toenails in weird.
Speaker 3: Place they should be done.
Speaker 2: I've seen people doing them in the nails only. I was walking.
Speaker 3: On the coffee in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: No, outside of the bathroom coffee table.
Speaker 3: That's repulsive.
Speaker 2: I'm not to do them in the house.
Speaker 1: It's a nail.
Speaker 5: Sorry, seriously does the people walking The other day and he was standing behind me, I was walking the dog and I hear this click and.
Speaker 2: I turned around. He's got the fucking nail scissors talking the dog. He's like, well, they won't go on the floor in the house. Then okay, fair, but you know I'll put it.
Speaker 1: I'll put a hood up on the coffee tables.
Speaker 2: That's actually revolting. Get your feet off the cofee table.
Speaker 4: Do you a little pile on the coffee table?
Speaker 3: Feel nauseous?
Speaker 4: That's actually disgusting about that.
Speaker 2: Talk about little hairs freaked me out.
Speaker 1: Hair freaks me out more than nails.
Speaker 2: No, I can't do little hairsb hairs. Shave leave it all over the I was the worst. You know, a shower.
Speaker 1: I bought a shower mirror.
Speaker 4: You've got one of those? Does an extent the things.
Speaker 3: That so gross.
Speaker 1: But you can't turn the shower on because it fogs up, so you have to stand there shaving and then you turn it on.
Speaker 3: That's so confusing without a mirror.
Speaker 1: Just in the cut my throat.
Speaker 4: I do it in the shower, dog, No mirror, yeah raw dog?
Speaker 1: What does shower?
Speaker 4: Brush my teeth in the shower to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, brushing my.
Speaker 2: Teeth in the shower.
Speaker 1: I never rushed my really, No, you're in there, let's go. The condition conditioner needs like some time to work.
Speaker 2: In your hair treatment.
Speaker 3: Brushing his teeth and shaving.
Speaker 1: A dice and hair dryer, and I've got a beautiful exfoliating phone that I used at the moment for my face.
Speaker 4: A scrubbers for your face, the little soft plastic ones that have the little fingers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I get facial tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Actually, I love the hair treatment.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite something?
Speaker 1: Every day?
Speaker 2: I've got a recommendation you treat yourself to.
Speaker 3: This one, isn't he.
Speaker 1: I've even wrapped my hair and glad wrap before. I just let the treatment really sit in there.
Speaker 2: For You've got to get this one called money mask, and it sounds like you do.
Speaker 3: You love it.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 5: It's like in this giant blue tub. You leave it in for five minutes, but it is transformative. You'll love it money masks.
Speaker 1: I need the link today.
Speaker 2: After the sawner, the brand is like hollo wow or something.
Speaker 1: See is going to draw my hair out. She'll be fuzzy after that.
Speaker 4: You won't go to you know, all the rage. I used to have a sauna and an ice bar.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I was doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like just straight into the I did like fifteen minutes in the sauna. I think I did three minutes in the ice bath and then say like repeat, but I actually thought I was going to die.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Das and I did it together, and he actually went a bit weird after it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean loopy?
Speaker 2: Bit loopy? He couldn't talk properly.
Speaker 1: Can't be good for you.
Speaker 3: My heart race is going to have a cold shower.
Speaker 1: I love picture. I love yeah, because you're gasping for your lass before Jesus, what were you going to say? Still doing? He said something in the car? No, not me something you started talking.
Speaker 2: No, I was going to say, how do you How does your hair go when you travel?
Speaker 1: Oh, don't even talk to me about water pressure overseas.
Speaker 6: And I had to like treatment my hair.
Speaker 1: Up because bali where the shower go spits out at you. My hair would just be like dry and terrible from the chlorin.
Speaker 4: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: I did a treatment nights.
Speaker 4: Could just spend twelve hours in the swim up bar every day.
Speaker 2: I love the chlorine so bad for your hair.
Speaker 1: I just like it soft.
Speaker 2: Does your hair go green in the chlorine little bit?
Speaker 1: But it just goes so dry and there's not much of it. So I want to prepare, like I want to take care of it.
Speaker 2: What do you use in your hairscutterer?
Speaker 4: This is an inducing question. I just used like the Woolies shampoo and conditioner.
Speaker 2: Does it take a lot?
Speaker 5: Does your hair get wet or is it like my dog has a double coat and don't get wet underneath?
Speaker 1: Straight?
Speaker 4: I did it once. It looked like lord fark, wh.
Speaker 1: How long?
Speaker 3: So long? So long?
Speaker 6: It was on air.
Speaker 4: We did it on air and and my co surprised me with it, so I didn't shampooed or condition it beforehand.
Speaker 1: It was a bit dirty.
Speaker 4: So your smoke coming off of.
Speaker 1: It, discuss, So that's yours? Just like that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I come out after that after I got it straight, and I went and wed it in the shower and you could almost hear it go back up into curls and then a shower like this again, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Do you have a special dedicated hairdresser, like do you need.
Speaker 1: Play? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Here's the thing I I when I moved to Melbourne, I didn't get a haircuff. Like six months I was. I was scared of changing barbers because I went to one back home and he knew me, and so I went to this new one and they really butcher it.
Speaker 1: Well, I went.
Speaker 4: I went to this new one the first time in Melbourne, and I found someone with a fro. I'm like, he'll know what to do. I went there.
Speaker 1: He shagged it all off.
Speaker 2: I still don't think it's real.
Speaker 4: Is it actually imagine?
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, he screwed it up. So I went home to the auntie and uncle that I was staying with. Remember the Mormon with the Mormons at the time, and like, why did you go to the guy.
Speaker 1: With the fro?
Speaker 4: You should have gone to his barther.
Speaker 1: Yes. Remember I canceled a haircuts because I put it outside the barber and he was bored.
Speaker 4: And I just the moments like I was stinning at that stage, and.
Speaker 1: I was paranoid and I was like, he's not going to care, So I freaked out, kept driving.
Speaker 5: I love it so much I've ever heard, but I never look at headresses and think I want your hair like.
Speaker 2: Your head dressed.
Speaker 3: If I go there and they haven't put any effort in on this is your job.
Speaker 1: If your hair looks like ships, you've obviously been happy with it.
Speaker 2: They spend time on mind on their own.
Speaker 4: It's the demo. It's the demo real. It's like this is what I can do.
Speaker 1: All right, We better go. Mom. You need to go to bed. It's so tired.
Speaker 2: Please let met you out.
Speaker 1: Let's take her out with a banger. Do you want to finish? Jenny, have my headphones in, Jenny in the block. You'll love it. You'll love it.
Speaker 2: I'm still