Speaker 1: We got get you the way morning every day, Adelaides.
Speaker 2: Can I very quickly tell you a little anecdote that I heard the other day from a friend. Okay, So, off she went to Japan, which everyone seems to be going to Japan at the moment, seems to be the place to holiday.
Speaker 1: How's that a thing?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've never been to the Japan, to the Japan, to the Japan. That shows you how cultured I am. You must do it, though I'd love to do it.
Speaker 2: Boo, wouldn't it be cool to take the family. There's not your family at the moment. You can barely leave the house.
Speaker 1: Really put down that sort.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Off she went to Japan on holiday, and she took her sister, who was thirteen years old along to dinner. And they went to this place where they serve wagoo beef. Wagoo beef, your fanciest beef on the planet.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: This may shock you, Joe's, but wago beef has never entered my mouth.
Speaker 2: No, I'm so sure I'd like it too, though, yeah, at some point. So anyway, they do this thing where they put the wago beef in like a soup and away you go.
Speaker 3: So she had a look at it.
Speaker 2: She calculated Australian dollars to yen and she was like, okay, that's like fifty bucks a bowl.
Speaker 3: So she's like, I'll have three.
Speaker 1: Bowls, which is expensive in itself by the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well one hundred and fifty dollars for three bowls of wago And so that was that, and then they brought out the bill and she's like, you've put too many zeros on this bill, and they're like, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: One thousand and five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: There's that moment where your your stomach sinkings. I mean, your stomach is full of delicious wago beef, but it's still seems and you're like, what do I do? I run? Am I going to do a running.
Speaker 2: One thousand, five hundred dollars or three plates of wago beef?
Speaker 3: Can you believe that?
Speaker 1: I feel sick?
Speaker 3: Been telling that story?
Speaker 1: That's awful, That is scary. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the moral of the stories make sure you know effectively how to convert from Australian dollars to again.
Speaker 1: Cheese conversion rates can really get you. The big one as well is American dolls. Oh you looking like that's affordable. Yeah, it's not Australian dollars.
Speaker 2: I know, because it always looks cheaper in American dollars and you're like, yeah, that's so fun, and then you usee the US and you.
Speaker 1: Go, oh, come on, I'm going to work.
Speaker 2: We want to know on thirteen twenty fourteen, when did the conversion rate get you? This is a bit of a female online shopping thing, hazy because quite often you'll see things in US dollars and you go, oh my god, they're so cheap. There's always cheaper than Australian dollars, and then you work out, oh no, oh, please get involved in the conversation this morning.
Speaker 3: We want to hear those horror stories.
Speaker 1: Conversion rate, Yes, we'd love to hear from it. Also, you get yourself on air, you're automatically go on the standby list to score this that rageous Temple Day Star Day spa rather package for Mother's Day. This thing is valued at nearly eight hundred bucks strads.
Speaker 3: It's insane. It's an all day pampering package.
Speaker 1: Good. Oh that is ridiculous. We will draw that tomorrow, thirteen twenty four to ten. When did you miscalculate. When did the conversion rate? Absolutely? You know what you.
Speaker 2: Yeah to make it from Mono Para West. What happened to maka.
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: I had a few wines and my little sister came up to me and really wanted a pair of air Forces.
Speaker 6: I don't know what I ordered.
Speaker 5: I don't know where I ordered them from. But when I ordered them, they took like two months to come and they were like over six hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Jeez, So they were genuine though, good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 5: We were contact, We're trying to contact. It was so COVID as well, so we were trying to contact all these different companies because I got so many emails and I don't know what happened and she got me good wow.
Speaker 1: Do you know the other thing as well? A cut of drinks and then jumping online shopping is so even I am a victim to that. Remember that time I turned off. I revealed that I'd spent surrounded by some mad Hueyes T shirts and they came in my wife's like what are you doing in twenty one?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for their call to make it.
Speaker 2: It always starts with I had a couple of wines and jumped on the internet.
Speaker 1: That's when the conversion might will really get you.
Speaker 2: A girlfriend of mine who I SA were last night went to order a pair of shoes for those adda das.
Speaker 3: What are the really cool ones.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what type they are, but they're like addedas sneakers. And she went to order them for her fifteen year old for her birthday and they rocked up. She ordered size four and the sizing thing at it, it was that big.
Speaker 1: It was like a toddler shirt, like a nice little novel t shirt.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Sophia from Parallewi. Oh my gosh, you had yen problems too, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I did. Hey guys, how are you going good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So we'd already done a week in US Korea, so I thought, I've got this down pattern. You know, I don't need my phone to check out the conversion anymore. So we were like, I'll start, We're all starting. So I said, oh, look, there's this place here. There's like nobody there. I said, let's just go there and eat there. And I went and grabbed the menu and everything had a look checked it with the hobby. I said, grab, this looks right right, it's like twenty something dollars a steak, right, we just have to have one inch, that's it, right, And he's like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So we went down, we had our steak. Well, we ordered, so we ordered one each and I ordered the smaller version, which was about twenty bucks, and Hubby had the bigger one eighty gram, which was twenty five dollars or something like that. That's what I thought, ye, And then they brought out a medallion and they started asking us if we wanted to take photos, and they said, oh, this is cool, this is a bit scan this place. So we took photos and everything ate and then I went to pay, and I didn't take notice of how much it was. I just put it on the credit card, went went back to the hotel and took the wrist feed out of my pocket and I had a look and said, eighty nine thousand and five hundreds. I'm thinking, I said that colma looks like it's in the wrong place. I said, like, why did it look like it's in the wrong place? Got out my touch later and then worked it out ended up being like nine hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 1: In Oh my god, and that rageous dinner. That's not a good casual dinner, I know.
Speaker 8: And it was.
Speaker 7: And it was a two and a four year old that was eating Wagoo Bee.
Speaker 1: You could have fed them three dollar chicken nuggets.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I know.
Speaker 7: I bought them one each because that was each person had to buy one steak eat.
Speaker 3: Oh, Sophia, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: At least it's not just one person falling in the wagoo trap.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Sarah from Darlington. When did the conversion rate get you? Sarah?
Speaker 9: Oh, look, we went into a really nice place over in Bali to eat underwater restaurant. Amazing, We're think and yeah, perfect. That's when you know, you know, you pay a little bit more so the experience as well. Little do we know. We didn't really look at the drinks menu because you're so used to bin tangs that they come around with a cart. Hey you want some champagne, you want some gin. We were like, champagne went in Bali, you know, yeah, yeah, no, don't do that, don't do that. It's all important. It was two hundred and fiftyers of glass. We had four of them, without knowing for the wine that it did our meal some box and.
Speaker 1: Four glasses of champagne.
Speaker 3: Did you feel ill?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 9: I kind of started giggling hysterically, which I knew indicated straight away. But something You're not quite right about what was going on. But hey, it is what it is. Don't know a wine in Balley stick to the bin tang wine.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: It's actually cheaper to do, you know, gin and vodka and all the spirits in Bali than it is stiff by wine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's because they don't make it over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just great advice. Stick the bean tangs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hrah. Should we go to Michelle? Yes, we've got time.
Speaker 1: Michelle.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, how are you hi?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 3: When did the conversion might get you?
Speaker 1: Michelle?
Speaker 6: I was doing my online food shopping, yeah, and needed four tries sausages recipe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so for four in yeah, four zero c Yeah, that's four kilos.
Speaker 6: So I had sat to drop up at my door and it was like forty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh that's.
Speaker 2: Like this family loves a bit of Next minute, Michelle was like googling Cheriso recipes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cherisa for the next eight weeks.
Speaker 1: What about when you when you eat theresas where you get those burps? Were like, and they're they're horrible. Four kilo's worth. Oh my very goodness.
Speaker 3: That is making me feel sick watching you do that.
Speaker 1: Stay away from Michelle's family.
Speaker 3: Process meat, get your intestines.
Speaker 1: Can we talk food, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: More specifically Tasting Australia, which is on at the moment.
Speaker 3: It's in Town Square. It's so cool.
Speaker 2: Actually it's not an event, yeah, so through it. It's on until Sunday and it's so much fun. It's free and it's just a nice little festival that you can go along to. And I went to an event last night at sky City and it's called a Culinary Excursion. Okay, you were very jealous about me going to this because basically you go to the four different sort of restaurants in Sky City and they gave you like a little tasting sample in each. The only problem with was we went to Madame Hanoi first and you had your little beautiful fancy starters which I would have made, you know at home, beetle leaf, green mango, tamarind and tom car coconut sort of number.
Speaker 3: I would have done that at home.
Speaker 1: In our house. We're getting sick of that because we ate it so much.
Speaker 2: What about the muse Wagoo Skewa with miso corn mashed pickled chilots and chili rock sugar.
Speaker 1: Me so confused with that many, So we had.
Speaker 2: That and then we went to the kitchen as well and had some more little tasting things. And the third one was itl which is the Italian. So we've already had two different restaurants. And then they come out with these huge pizzas and big bowl of nookie and also ravioli pasta.
Speaker 1: She's filled your boots in you.
Speaker 2: I rolled all the way out of Sky City home like a little piggy down.
Speaker 1: North Joe's carved up. Must be doing a marathon today.
Speaker 3: But it's so fun.
Speaker 2: And then you finish up on Sole rooftop and they bring out whiskey sours and chocolate and everything.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely unbelievable.
Speaker 2: But you can actually do that all year round, so that's not just a tasting Australia thing, so you can go. It was a little known thing that I didn't know about and did it last night.
Speaker 3: Was really cool.
Speaker 1: That's really nice. It's just another event in South Australia. You go, We're really proud of that. Oh, really cool and it is quite fancy.
Speaker 2: That was super super fancy, like that was sort of out of my realm of culinary experiences. But I highly recommend doing it, and I highly recommend getting around tasting Australia this week.
Speaker 1: And if you got nothing to do, do you know the best thing as well is it schmucks my like make and turn up and not feel super awkward because I feel like when you go to a super fancy restaurant and you're like, oh gosh, I just want to parme. You can't get that, can you? If you go tasting Australia, whereas there's so many people sampling foods like that you've never probably eaten before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can absolutely tasting Australia. You can get whatever you want, and you can do like little cooking classes and cocktail classes as well, like work out how to make cocktails by yourself and everything.
Speaker 1: And they forgive you as well when they're like, well, don't don't eat, don't eat that, that's a serviette, yeah damn it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also you walk in with a Guava Voga cruzer and they're like, mate, would you.
Speaker 1: Like a glass with that? Sir? Please vacate the premises corning.
Speaker 6: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain how to content, graphic language, and nudity.
Speaker 3: Nothing you'll see it is easily offended.
Speaker 1: Well, you're about to find out just how easily your father. He's on the money.
Speaker 2: Jody and Hazes, naught is six nothing speaking of big Salamis. Go for it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, appreciate that's a compliment, right, very good. Clearly you know nothing what's going on underneath? Anyway, let's move on ninety six forty. Sometimes an article pops up which can be very very helpful for loving parents, and this is it. If your kid catches you having sex, he's how to handle it, according to the experts to tell. Finally, finally, some wholesome advice coming from Jody and Hazy on over nine one nine. So, being caught having sex by a child is a common parental experience. So try to remain calm and don't pan that it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous if you are naked having sex with your husband and the kids walk in, as if you're not going to panic.
Speaker 1: It's the most frantic situation that you'll ever find yourself in. Avoid reacting with shame, fear, or implying the child did something wrong, as this can create negative associations with sex for them. That's makes sense. Prioritize checking on your child's well being first, to buy yourself some time and regain composure.
Speaker 3: And adjust whatever needs to be adjusted.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, escort your child out calmly, adjusting your approach based on their age, gently guiding toddlers asking older children to wait outside, and for old children use age appropriate and honest language to explain that they walked in on time, between loving adults, emphasizing the need for privacy and knocking.
Speaker 3: It does depend on the age, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Because your five year old, our five year old, you could sort of talk your way out of it.
Speaker 3: But the thirteen year old.
Speaker 1: And also the situation. It's very situation based. So the photo that they've used for this particular article is his stock standard missionary white sheets, Mum and dad underneath there. That's very very wholesome, isn't it. What if the thirteen year old comes in and says, what, why is dad tied up? And why is he wearing a mask that's made out of leather? I don't get it good? Luck. Explain you way out of that one.
Speaker 3: Folks, that's not going to happen in our house.
Speaker 2: But this happened to us once where one of the younger ones walked in and Dad explained it away by saying, oh, daddy's just looking for his sock.
Speaker 1: What about when your kid went to school? So I walked in last night I had to tell something. Mum and dad and they were playing leap frog, and it must have been Daddy's turn. And he's not very good at jumping, so he was trying to jump over Mum, but he couldn't. He couldn't make it. But my dad never gives up, so he kept on trying, and he kept on trying, and he kept on trying. Again, good on your dad, Jose. Let's talk about friendships. A very very interesting statistic has just stumbled across my death. You're ready, Yes, ninety one percent of people are no longer best friends with someone that they once were. Ninety one percent.
Speaker 2: Say that again, real slowly so, ninety one percent of people who were best friends with someone are no longer friends with them.
Speaker 1: The nonger friends they've fallen out for different reasons. Okay, is that surprising? Not really. So they've attributed the study to natural life changes like moving, career changes, personal growth, and they suggest that the loss of these friendships doesn't necessarily reflect negatively, but rather than natural evolution of relationships over time. This reframes the narrative from one of a failure or abandonment to one of natural agression. So human, it's just a vole.
Speaker 3: I call bs on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of friendships bust up because of failure to be good to one another or abandonment.
Speaker 1: Have you been in that situation?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. One of my bridesmaids I no longer speak to. So we had a we had a massive falling out. And you know, it's actually it's almost like a marriage breakup when you bust up with an adult best friend.
Speaker 1: Stressful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awful. It's awful.
Speaker 2: It's one of the most horrible things I've ever been through in my life.
Speaker 1: It's funny with you, you sort of because I'm thirty nine now and you start to look back and then you realize probably for blokes as well. I think bokes just stripped off in different directions. Yeah, but also blokes are good at sort of picking out relationships where you're left off. But now that I think the similar situation with a groomsman as well, But yeah, that's that's it does. Actually it hurts, but then you don't think about it as much wide arm because I've got bigger priorities now and that's my wife and kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I think when your attention turns to your family and that's your absolute one hundred percent in life, your focus and all your attention goes there, then it becomes a lot less painful because I think once you've got your family intact, then really that's all that matters. But yeah, I do like a bust up of a friendship to a marriage breakup.
Speaker 3: It's it's horrendously painful.
Speaker 1: When do you think you had the most friends? When did you think you were you're most socially connected?
Speaker 2: I think maybe in high school, but I did think I had that in adulthood as well, and that all fell apart and it was Yeah, as I said, it was horrific.
Speaker 3: I hated it. It's still like when I think of it, I get.
Speaker 2: That, oh, that all went pair of shaped, but also it goes pear shaped for a reason because I don't think those people are necessarily supposed to be in your life anymore.
Speaker 3: If that's what happens.
Speaker 1: What do I say, if you can, if you've got multiple true friends, like more than one or even one, lucky and I picularly.
Speaker 2: Older age, Yeah, I think that dissipates over time too. Like that, what's you're saying? If you can count your closest friends on one hand, then you're very, very lucky. Whereas and I think you try and instill that in your kids as well. It's not the size of your circle, it's the quality of the circle. So I think that's a real But what's that there's you know, you have friendships for a reason, a season or a lifetime, and some people drift into your life for a reason and they drift out again, and that's okay. But some people, your people, you know, they stay with you forever.
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I realized that when I was twenty five. That's when I felt most connected. But what I actually had was just a bunch of drinking buddies, dead set, dead set. When I stopped going out so much and settle down, they dispid Yeah, please, the speed out of my life? No contact?
Speaker 3: Wow? Does that make you?
Speaker 8: Said?
Speaker 1: Not really? Because I could probably I could probably predict that, but at the time you just felt like you really really had all these close friends but you didn't. And then you realize you're actually around the catching up each and every weekend when you're hitting the town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was your season. That was what we like to call the great Hazy Marble Bar season.
Speaker 1: Yes it was.
Speaker 3: And it's over.
Speaker 1: Splash the line. The doors are shut on that part of my life. Now, there you go. It brings us to this song as well from Edge And which we've spoken about, which is about losing loved ones and losing friends and probably taking a journey back into a time where they were, and also the key message saying it's probably happened for a reason and maybe it's best that those relationships stay in the past. Absolutely fresheits on Novo Don't cry again, don't cry, don't turn the bike bike.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know now, I need to know.
Speaker 8: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know what news today to know this is what you need to know. You know what you need to know?
Speaker 2: With Jody and as Willy play or Won't Ty on the Weekend showed out fifty seven a lot of questions around Willy Rioli at the moment, I'll let you the football reporter who focuses specifically on the port Adelaid Football Club to get everyone up to space.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, in short, there was a threat made to bailey Dale from the Western Bulldogs and that had been squashed. Everything was fine, it was cleared by the AFL. But since then it has emerged there's been a couple more threats, one towards a long Plas I think it was pretty close last year, and then one recently to an Eston play. These are on field threats. Wasn't physical from Willer really, So as it stands right now, we're waiting to see what the AFOL is going to do. They're going to sanction will really or if they're even going to suspend him? Would it be a fine all those sorts of things. So that was yesterday. WILLI reoly trained last night. So it's a genuine wait and see and something will happen today.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you this, all sorts of things would be said on the field, all sorts of threats made, all sorts of names called, etcetera, etcetera. Is it vastly different when that spills over into direct messaging someone after a game.
Speaker 1: It probably does, I mean, because the whole thing is and it still exists. Brad's got from the Essen Football Club said the same thing, like what happens on the field sort of stays on the field and what's said, you know, if it is pretty standard sledging would stay on the field as well. And that's what he said in response to his player that was got a threat from Willie. But it's just a bit of a What I learned last night from Chris Davies and he is that I'm a football form port Adelaide, highly respected around the league, is that there's a lot going on with Willy. There is so much going on with withly really and what we probably now know without knowing the details, is as a heap of stuff probably going on with really really but we don't know about. We're talking race sister probably corupt that he has to deal with.
Speaker 2: As in the racism or is there all sorts of things going on?
Speaker 1: Who knows, but it feels like that's what Chris Davies was saying in no uncertain terms.
Speaker 10: Now our whole host of people across the industry talking about Willy Rioli without having an understanding of the cultural significance to Willy of different things that happened. And I've actually found that quite confronting over the last little bit, seeing a whole heap of people who I don't think have the necessary depth of understanding of what will he goes through regularly.
Speaker 1: That's a bit of a key message. So there's one thing on that I haven't experienced that you haven't experienced it. So I can't sit here and understand what that would be like.
Speaker 2: Absolutely privileged white people who've never been on the receiving end of this stuff in our whole entire life, So I can't even begin to imagine what it feels like for Willy.
Speaker 1: We heard reports at the meeting yesterday between Chris Davis and the AFL and WII REO. It went for hours. Yes, So there's clearly layers and layers and layers that people do not know about. So there has been so much commentary on this subject, but it is ongoing and we're probably not going to know a lot of the things, and let's be honest, a lot of the crap that wither Reoli has dealt with behind the scenes before the AFL makes.
Speaker 3: A Rulin what happens today, the.
Speaker 1: AFL will do something, whether it's a suspension or it'll definitely he'll definitely get a fine. Yeah, it's just an interesting one. Yeah, I think he probably will get a suspension. I reckon because the AFL has copted as well. The AFL's bad form. They're in a hopeless form recently. And I'm saying, like sort of half a year and a half, I just be fearful for Forward Adelaide sport. Is it the AFL makes reaction move that they think is going to please masses, But yeah, something will definitely happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting I.
Speaker 1: Do you like as well from Port Adelaide saying that, look, whatever happens, they're not going to banish really away from the club. It's the best spot for him and to deal with this whole situation is in amongst his teammates and in that club environment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we've got Jack the coaches coming in very very shortly, so well, no doubt, ask him how it's impacting the club. And Alex Neil Bullen from the Adlai Bros. They're going to be in here in the studio together.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, isn't it. You've got a question for the boys as well. Please text it through four double oh nine nine nine my nine. It could be anything too, By the way, absolutely anything doesn't have to be football related. The rules are simple.
Speaker 9: About to hear six songs from the same year.
Speaker 1: They cacelected their song as a place they let it.
Speaker 3: That song is gone. Now let's get into the margo. Is that already to battle?
Speaker 1: Back to you and Hazy, Thank you very much, produce. It's a tight battle seven to five for battle the bank is a chance for you to choose some music.
Speaker 2: It's a tense competition, I think voice style. So we effectively turn.
Speaker 3: Our third chairs.
Speaker 2: Turn our metaphorical chairs around when we hear a song.
Speaker 3: You can be delty. You just have to dance on top of your chair like a crazy woman.
Speaker 1: Good and I turned around and I'm doing a big peace sign. It's all about all right, let's throw it over to the generator. What year are we dealing with this week? Nineteen ninety nine, nineteen ninety nine, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot. Anything in the nineties is my gym.
Speaker 1: Under in particular ninety nine nine, we thought we're all going to die soon. As it ticked over to two thousand, but we didn't. We got through.
Speaker 2: Did you hold down on the farm in a bunker with you with all your perishable goods?
Speaker 3: Just in case.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure if we genuinely had internet back then on the farm, because if we did, I would have been busy.
Speaker 3: All the sheep were knocking on the door, all the cows who were like, let.
Speaker 1: Us in, let us, let us in. We all crashed there together, and Mam read us a book. All right, first one, you're ready to go. Joe's name is your brother? Here we go. It's always it's always tough to go for the first one. So you're out. Not what's not my either? Next one?
Speaker 8: Do that?
Speaker 2: Did I?
Speaker 1: Should I have done that? You like this song? Now? Oh you're jealous, you're so jealous. Sixpence, none of the richer kiss me. I have selected some three jokes. You have four songs left? Four? Yes, okay, this should be very very wisey. He's the next one, and there's a king in front of the daughter. Oh my god, friends, I know it's.
Speaker 4: Number that is.
Speaker 1: Who's that sugar? That's the sugar?
Speaker 3: Del ray, don't say a word.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's very good. Our next song for you. Jud's okay, Christina, not for you?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Song number five? You got two songs left, by the way, Okay, here we go. What's this? What's what's the beautiful.
Speaker 4: That? I don't know?
Speaker 6: Way?
Speaker 1: Good you dogs, irons.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna roll the dice here.
Speaker 1: Actually it's slot. Oh yes, god yeah, okay, you're gonna roll us. Okay, there's one song left, no matter what it is you're in Are you ready? Okay? Here we go, right, Okay, that's a good select, good stuff days. All right, So I have selected sixpence, none of the richer, and it is going up against this one that don't impress me much by Shan.
Speaker 2: It's why that's courageous to the end.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: At Jodi and Hazy on Instagram, please cast your votes. Winning song will be revealed tomorrow. Alex Neil Bullen from The Adelaide Crows asked Captain and Jack Lacache and Port Adelaida in studio right now, Good morning boys, good to have you in here, Good morning team, join us. We're just painting this picture that these guys are hating on each other. But it's like a couple of monde. She's catching up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's literally been Hey, how's the move to Adelaide been?
Speaker 3: Yeah, really good.
Speaker 2: Thanks, that's the sort of vibes. Okay, I heard it, so first showdown? How's your first showdown week? I guess how's the vibe around town?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you can certainly sense it. I don't know how you felt, Luca. There's definitely a vibe around Adelaide and it's amazing. As soon as our games both finished last weekend, how everyone just moved straight on focusing on the weekend coming up.
Speaker 1: But it's a great vibe and very honored to be a part of it. Yeah, and she was as well, you're not going to play, of course, Jack, but interesting times around the football club and we'll get to will the Riola very soon. But you've probably thought about this moment as a kid for a long time as a South Australian as well. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: Probably a big part of coming backs get to play in these games, so unfortunately I have to watch one before I get to be out there. But no, there's been cameras everywhere obviously for lots of reasons. But it's been a big week and I can't like to say the boys to get after it.
Speaker 2: Those reasons have been Willly Rioli, how is he fearing? First and foremost, how's he's just a welfare check? How's he doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going okay.
Speaker 8: Obviously it's been probably a big few weeks for him with everything he's been going through, And yeah, he's going pretty well. He got up and trained last night, which I think was good for him, being able to run around with the other boys and have them behind him. So yeah, he's going through a bit, but I think he's in pretty good spirits.
Speaker 3: Has it been a distraction for the club this week?
Speaker 1: Uh, not really. I think that's one thing. The club's really good.
Speaker 8: We've got some great staff that look after our players and deal with these situations really well. So as a playing group, we've just kind of been getting around Willly and trying to make him feel as comfortable and as normal as possible and hopefully set him up for a good work.
Speaker 1: One more just Chris Davy said that the best spot for Willy right now is the Standing Club. No matter what happens, I'd imagine it would be a good place when you've got guys like you could make Connor Rosi, Zach Butters to really sort of make sure that Willy gets through this process unscathed as much as possible.
Speaker 8: Absolutely. Yeah, we want the club to be a safe place for everyone. We've got, you know, all your best votes there and come work happy. So yeah, hopefully we can keep creating that environment for him to bring the best out of himself.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you guys, as newcomers, how real is the hatred between those clubs?
Speaker 3: Is it a genuine thing?
Speaker 1: I haven't. I haven't experienced it yet.
Speaker 11: We played a pracky game against each other and ye was it Mount Mount Barker, Yeah, Mount Barker, and now it was all civil there. I think for us as players, our responsibilities to go out there and enjoy it, bring an intensity that you do most weeks. And the beauty of it though is for the people outside external to build it up and build the rivalry. But probably something I'm noticing is playing footy in Victoria, you have about five rivals. But this because we're the only two teams here in the state. I haven't seen the intensity of a rivalry. Probably more with the media and the fans like it is here, which is fantastic for sport.
Speaker 3: A lot of emotional energy, isn't it.
Speaker 2: To live in Victoria and every second week you're playing at someone you genuinely hate.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, Alex. Do you do you sort of feel like maybe pored Blade supporters don't they're lacking teeth and stuff. For do you know what this is? This is this time last year? Oh yeah, this time last year the showdown we borught Adelaide hosted where Joshlly went.
Speaker 2: Stood there and it said to our faces the port Adelaide supporter as well, yeah they've got no teeth, and you and.
Speaker 3: I both went, oh gosh, I like I could get some shots fired.
Speaker 1: You are in good form though, you guys, you're coming off of a very nice win and not so for Port Adelaide. Does form matter because when you look at the record, all of a sudden it really evens up in showdowns?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I did hear that the other day twenty eight squared to piece. It's probably something even this year. Within the AFL industry, teams are one week playing their best foot in the second week, maybe not so much so for us, and I'm sure sure Luca, so the exact same. You get to the start line with the mentality that you're playing your best and the opole are going to bring your best and then the game unfolds from there. So that's where our mindsets currently sits.
Speaker 2: Okay, We've got some questions for you that have been sent in by listeners and it's not too late if you want to text us so for double nine or nine nine one nine and submit your question. We've picked three of the best questions from our good listeners.
Speaker 3: Are you up for it? Ready for it?
Speaker 1: Give your heads up? Boys?
Speaker 3: What are you guys? Mates?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Give you the heads up boys. You're not going to get these questions at any press conference, right, A little bit alternative? All right, we stick around as well to play birthday patay with us. Absolutely, let's go. Alex Neil Bullen and Jack lakoshis live and studio.
Speaker 2: Jack Koch is in the studio and alex Neil Bullen from the Adelaide CROs. We've got three questions from listeners for you.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to go?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 3: You're up first. This is Sarah from Ronella.
Speaker 2: She wants to know what's Alex Neil Bullen's best physical feature.
Speaker 1: Oh gee, that's going to take some research.
Speaker 3: Just have a look in his eyes. It's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: His eyes are pretty outstanding. Crystal Blue will go with that. Are you lost? Did you just have a look at did you get lost? Lost? Who's not lost? That's the question.
Speaker 3: Darren from a Para wants to know who's the tight ass at the club.
Speaker 1: Club Rory Atkins? Really okay? The right What about your best mate Connor Rosy's generous?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, he's not tired in his own house. He spending on the the rest of the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm going to throw some names at you. This is from Hazy from West Croydon. I like the stand of this guy, Text Walker, Riley, Philthorpe, Darcy Foggerty, shag one, marry one, kill one.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. That's a good question. You have to answer us. Well, that's a good question. What you can't make your mind because you want shag? Is that we saying.
Speaker 8: I'll go Darcey's eyes for Mary as Miller. Are you going to kill I'll kill Text? Yeah, won't say the last one.
Speaker 3: That means you're gonna have to shag Riley Phil.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, that's it's quite an adventure. Oh god, I thought you were going to kill Riley. Feel thoughtcause you're like, we just don't want Riley steel Thought to play on the weekend. Exactly right, boys bet to look after him.
Speaker 3: Alex your bull and you're up. Question one.
Speaker 2: Monica from Happy Valley wants to know who would you recruit recruit from.
Speaker 11: Port Adelaide, Harmonica. I would recruit probably. I love how Horn Francis goes about his work. Yeah, the emotion intensity he plays with, so he'd be on my list, Okay.
Speaker 2: Tim from Seacliff wants to know what's the one thing you love about the Port Adelaide Football Club?
Speaker 1: The pre game Never Tear Us is amazing?
Speaker 3: Isn't it great?
Speaker 1: And no one does anything like it? It's so be replicated. I actually really look forward to it when.
Speaker 2: You're out in the field and that's happening. Is it just like is it spine tingling stuff or are you just used to it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: At once playing against it, I've thought had that a few times on the Goldie.
Speaker 8: It's pretty intimidating and but it's also cool, like you go into a ground where they're all against you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now I haven't quite experienced it yet, so I'm okay for that.
Speaker 3: Alex.
Speaker 2: You know what's coming now, Hazy also from West Croydon, says Rosie butters horned, Francis shag one, marry one, kill one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one, great question.
Speaker 11: I knock off horn Francis because of what I just said. He's okay marrying Rosie and then the last one's there for anyway we got to go.
Speaker 3: I've never seen two boys want to get over to five.
Speaker 1: Thought you want to get a five of your probe and so those questions. Boys, Thank you so much for your time. Good luck to you Alex because you'll be playing jack and hopefully you're back on the field very very soon. Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: That's good luck on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Cheers, guys. I need to know, I need to know now.
Speaker 4: I need to know. I need to know.
Speaker 9: I need to know what's in.
Speaker 1: The news today. Knows what you need to know, what you need to know with Jody and Asy.
Speaker 2: Most definitely popping up in people's feeds at the moment is the fact that in July this year marks ten years since Phil Walsh passed away. Unbelievable, incredible. You were telling me off air about where you were when you found out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know how there's always some life events where you know exactly what you were doing when you heard Princess died. For me as well, I was so young, but I was in my mum and dad's bedroom and I think I was I think I was genuinely bouncing on the bed with a football.
Speaker 3: Shocking to know what she was a small little boy.
Speaker 1: TV. Yeah. For Phil Walsh, I was in bed and I think Sunrise was on and that said I could hear it, but I wasn't watching. But what they said was it's been confirmed a man by the name of Phil Walsh has been murdered in Adelaide. And I immediately remembered thinking, oh, cheers people, Crows supporters. South Strain is going to hear that, like, oh my very goodness, it's the Crow's coach. That's such a They need to sort of reiterate that it's not. Anyway. Came back and they were like confirmation, the Crow's coach. And it's just one of those things where you start looking around going you're kidding, an't you.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: It was so shocking and unbelievable to everyone that that was actually happening. It was just it was so incredibly tragic, and a few experts have come out now and said he would have coached a premiership because he was such a genius in that space.
Speaker 1: It's probably the most intense moment in Australian sport of all time. Yes, you can't top it. No, I reckon, No, just crazy stuff. Anyway, let's move on and also make sense of this. Joke's what does this mean? Black smoke? No, Pope, dad, joke, you're working on broke? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 2: Black smoke has been billowing from the Sistine chapel. I repeat, black smoke. No, it's not a fire. That is a signal that no new pope has been elected. Everybody, so stand down. So all these cardinals who are voting now.
Speaker 3: Will go home.
Speaker 2: But they're also sworn to secrecy obviously about what's transpired.
Speaker 3: They're not allowed to talk to anyone about it.
Speaker 2: They'll be back at nine o'clock tomorrow when we see some white smoke that means we have a new pope.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, which I know you don't know that. I definitely won't throw it out there anyway. Maybe you could help us on the text line I for double nine nine nine on nine. How do they make the black smoke. Okay, how do they make it black? And how do they make it white? What ingredients do they need to make that sort of smoke?
Speaker 3: That is a very good question.
Speaker 2: But the electors will vote until they select the next leader of the world's one point four a billion I repeat, one point four billion Catholics. Quite an esteemed position, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It is my husband. Can anyone apply to be the pope?
Speaker 1: Well, that's true. I think first and foremost you've got to be a Catholic. Yes, I think that's that's the first thing they check.
Speaker 3: Super good, start