Speaker 1: Our next guest. There's one many of our listeners will know and love.
Speaker 2: He used to host Breakfast Here on nov and his talk show Sampang Tonight is back on for season two.
Speaker 3: The news is quite boring, so I made an executive decision that it would be more entertaining to hear the stories in song.
Speaker 4: Please Welcome to the show, Sam, Sam Pang, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 5: Hello, Jace, Hello, Lauren, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: Firstly, congratulates what a storied career it has been Channel nine. Yeah, I'm not You're not dead. You're just saying good night people. A lot of people have been. He's not congratulating me in my time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not counting. But how many shows to go?
Speaker 1: Clint?
Speaker 6: At eighteen, We've got the Advent calendar out. We're having one of cabri Rose for every day it.
Speaker 1: Needs to be to contribute.
Speaker 4: There's a bit of information I've been wanting from Clint over the years that he couldn't tell me while he worked at Channel nine. And I can't wait until you leave.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: I want to find out? Who's already got oh bits written about.
Speaker 1: Glenn Robins, Oh my mates stand up?
Speaker 6: But when when the couple dropped out, Have you got some gear ready to go?
Speaker 3: But I recently was at a fortieth that was a celebrated as a funeral, Lauren, I did see this say that audio fortieth he used to work. No, had his fortieth birthday.
Speaker 5: Was it like death of his thirties or something.
Speaker 3: No, it was more like, you know, we've all been to parties and the and the the speeches are just usually Yeah. So he said, I'm going to have a funeral. So he had a he had a coffin, Jase, and it was upright, and he was in the coffin as as speakers came up, including your Peter Hitchener, which was there, Jonathan Brown was there, Nathan Buckley was there, and I like it.
Speaker 1: Somehow I got a gig.
Speaker 6: And so did he want people to make beautiful heartfelt speeches?
Speaker 5: Because I do often.
Speaker 4: Think I'm not with that lineup.
Speaker 1: I think it was more like you think.
Speaker 3: It was more like you do the speech, but you kind of do it in the part are like, oh, he'll be missed because he was so a.
Speaker 5: Bit of a roast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and sorry, did he lie in the coffin up right?
Speaker 4: Because the whole time I thought that'll be uncomfortable. It'd be a long night. Did he get out at all at any point to drink or.
Speaker 5: The coffin for the whole party.
Speaker 1: Just for the speeches, just for the speeches?
Speaker 5: And then did he just did you close?
Speaker 1: Then then he died at the end we buried. It was really it took a turn. I'm not going to lie a great party.
Speaker 3: Party? Hey that got dark, didn't it for anyway? He'll be missed now party sounds like a who It was good.
Speaker 4: You are back for another season. Champag Tonight Monday eight forty on ten and ten. Play a bit of a cameo in the episode earlier.
Speaker 1: In the week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you've got all the biggest guests in the world, including Viv you from Reception here.
Speaker 1: At this Yeah, that was big.
Speaker 6: So you know, Sam Page just quickly when you when you come on the show, people get very excited because they're like, Pang is going to be in the building because you like royalty around here and every single person than.
Speaker 1: People are good, good performers.
Speaker 6: The way they was going to say, every single person that mentioned you came in, they've said, do you know Viv on Reception was on his show?
Speaker 5: And she's totally stolen your thunder.
Speaker 1: What is she doing on it?
Speaker 4: Well, I was trying to leave yesterday at work, but she made me sit at reception, put the headphones on and watch the watch the clip from the show Vick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, viv viv a Vivian because after you know what you do, spot on for you with your little pet nicknames.
Speaker 1: You've always been good.
Speaker 5: At three year he thought her name was.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's great.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm the only one getting it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey good.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that everyone else is calling a Vicky, but you think that they're all wrong?
Speaker 5: Stars are on yours?
Speaker 4: What this is Vivian from this week's We all.
Speaker 1: Have pesky tasks.
Speaker 3: We're avoiding returning emails, phone calls, seeing your family. We've already received some viewer submissions. And that's where I come in to lend a helping hand.
Speaker 1: What's the problem, Vick.
Speaker 3: Look, my problem is my bathroom cupboard, Sam, and I really need your.
Speaker 1: Help to come and fix them. Here to help. Sorry, I should have said, thank god you're here.
Speaker 3: So there was at the end of the spinner wheel and it just lands on a segment and that's that's the segment we do it's called Pang Tasker where I come out, you know. And so Vicky had a viv whatever hell, Vivian. Vicky had a bad she needed some deck cluttering in a medicine camp, in a bathroom cap So I went through it.
Speaker 6: And you go out to do those jobs. She's a bit woo woo. One would have had all kinds of.
Speaker 1: Things in there. Yeah, there was.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of crystals.
Speaker 1: Look, it's called a merchandise.
Speaker 3: A lot of crystals, A lot of crystals, a lot of stuff from the dark web, I think, but that's scary.
Speaker 1: I fixed it up.
Speaker 6: Someone go through your bathroom cabinet is quite person very broke.
Speaker 3: It was like, just it's just said six. It's just before we go by the way. I don't want you to think that we're leading with it's not. It's late in the show. Well, wherever the wheel lands says, that's where, that's what we do.
Speaker 4: I said to Vicky yesterday, how long was he there? She said like two hours.
Speaker 1: I took him around the house clean, one coboard.
Speaker 4: All these different areas.
Speaker 5: Did she take your hostage?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 5: It was she loves the chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a nice chat. My favorite part though, was before they were setting up the cameras and I won't I want to give away where she lived, but you know, it's a bit further out than I'm used to. I went, it was wonderful to be but I was just standing there and just having a chat with Vicky before the camera started rolling, and said, that's a beautiful you know, Parkland and a little creek going through. They got wow, some dead bodies, you know, roll roll down that creeker.
Speaker 1: And then she just looked at me and said, yeah, one at the start of the year. All right. Then we just really the shoot really quickened up. Buff.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: All kinds of weird, wonderful things go on in the suburbs, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there you go, she said, we have Vicky is not on every week.
Speaker 1: Just let you know.
Speaker 6: We went out to the meet a lady once and we helped her in her house much like you are.
Speaker 5: She had nineteen children.
Speaker 1: Wee children thirteen.
Speaker 6: Maybe you could do some paying tasker out there, I don't know, just something, just anything.
Speaker 1: Mind babysit.
Speaker 2: Those kids's two bedrooms, one bathroom, one bathroom, cabinet.
Speaker 5: Should have seen the tooth brusholder.
Speaker 1: That's just is that is it allowed the children's there was a loving hair, great kids.
Speaker 5: They were so spread out. The old one's quick look after the little one.
Speaker 1: So it was like three dogs, like a nightmare. They went through multiple dogs.
Speaker 5: There were no dogs.
Speaker 1: Dogs.
Speaker 5: Where were the dogs.
Speaker 1: Out of the back? Yeah, with the children all tied up.
Speaker 4: Who's on the show this week?
Speaker 3: We've got Rachel Griffiths. Oh nice, Yeah, that'd be exciting to talk to her. One of the accomplished straight well, I just love it.
Speaker 6: She's one of the wedding is one of the greatest Sue and then also the guest.
Speaker 3: We have a guest announcer who is there for the whole show, and last week it was roy O Leary and this week it's Sam Campbell, who's a very funny string comedian. He's gone over to the UK and he's a regular on Would I Lie To You and all that.
Speaker 1: And he's come back for the show. So that that's exciting.
Speaker 6: How far into season one did you find out you were getting a season two?
Speaker 1: I think they announced it about three or four weeks in.
Speaker 5: Laura, right, we're excited about that.
Speaker 6: Uh, oh, you don doing it all over again?
Speaker 3: No, I'm very I was very excited. What are you laugh about, Jason? I just thought I just immediately went to there's more work. It was like, no, it was season one was like a it was a whirlwind and it was like you didn't know what was going on and this and it was great to get more. Very nice of Channel ten to just think, well, we like this show, we want more about it, and so yeah this this we did eight in season one and this season's back for another eight and great, Yeah, I love I really Monday show.
Speaker 1: I know you all watched it.
Speaker 3: I did, and no you're so you're busy. But it was a really just a fun show like Ray was great.
Speaker 6: Rosie O'donnald was a wonderful seen lots of stupid I saw Rosie.
Speaker 5: She actually was.
Speaker 3: She posted, Yeah, she had a really good times. She stuck around for an hour after the show and we had a few beers. You know, like we all know how sometimes you know you can hear the motivating, but she was. She had a really good time.
Speaker 1: So I liked it.
Speaker 3: You know that the show represented itself well and she felt comfortable around.
Speaker 2: Open petitions on rival networks like who would do it? Who would do it over at nine, do you think because Eddie's always wanted his own night show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think Rosie could hang around.
Speaker 4: She would hear should get a word, you'd hear the engine running.
Speaker 1: Like you said, I think there's a.
Speaker 2: What was the question, Clinn, I was going to say, rival network? Yeah, I mean Tonight shows on? Do you reckon?
Speaker 1: There's a.
Speaker 3: We haven't had one for we haven't had one for a while, so maybe there's a room for everything, the room for everything.
Speaker 1: What are you saying? You're free now mate, I'm done. I'd watch that show. Channel ten can't afford me. That's that's a good point.
Speaker 6: Did you watch or like any of the Tonight shows over in America like your Felons?
Speaker 3: Yes, as everyone? And when was the last time you watched the whole one start to finish? Only because even I never understood the the market over there, how those shows there's so many? But also eleven who would which is that I never understood, even before the social media and the ability to watch them on with snippets and all that. So I like that minds a Tonight shows it's not a late night show because I would imagine the show being on Yett later than it is like eight forty is a good time.
Speaker 5: Eight forty is a great time.
Speaker 1: But it's also like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those shows are well, I think the bits you see are great, but it's also like.
Speaker 4: I used to watch I used to watch Letterman. That was that was during my it's quite great twenties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's quite crazy.
Speaker 3: He's very sam Men used to let them. Used to be on Channel ten, Lauren, and it used to be on at like eleven. It was on here late night. Yeah, yeah, and I'd like, yeah, I used to stay up there like its a bit stage, not that I wasn't. Yeah, you and I would have been like Cheech and Chong Jase would have been fine. We were real crack at it. But yeah, the late night things, I don't and I don't know. It's interesting I was watching.
Speaker 6: It's also interesting because over there a lot of those late night shows they're no longer continuing, like it's it is finishing.
Speaker 1: At the end of the year.
Speaker 4: But yours will Sam.
Speaker 5: No, because it's forty and forty is a great time.
Speaker 4: And they don't want to watch sam Bang. Tonight is every Monday, and we'll continue to do.
Speaker 5: So as I love how we drag.
Speaker 1: A countdown like Clint's, like Clint's farewell, just counting it down.
Speaker 2: I love how we dragged the Channel ten Rep Pier as well, who's just sitting there just shooting herself now what we might not.
Speaker 3: This has been with me for season one and now sat she knows what she's going to get.
Speaker 1: She's good on you. Thank you Sam. Good to see You're always good to see you, guys.
Speaker 5: So nice to see
Speaker 2: Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials.