Speaker 1: Why On Sky News Australia.
Speaker 2: This is Denika to Georgio.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Coming up tonight, the coalition reunites as Susan Lee remains defiant on her leadership, fresh off from her offer to form a coalition. One Nation leader Pauline Hansen will join me shortly. Jim Chalmers all at sea as he struggles to explain why he's spending so much of your money?
Speaker 3: How much longer can he seriously keep up the facade?
Speaker 4: And a man accused of domestic violence against his partner is moved to a female prison in Perth because he've changed his sex on his birth.
Speaker 3: Certificate and it's legal to do so.
Speaker 4: Sal Grover, who was at the center of Australia's What is a Woman case, is fired up and coming up soon, but first tonight.
Speaker 3: The coalition is back together. About time.
Speaker 4: The two leaders say they have resolved their differences. But have they Because watching the joint press conference between Susan Lee and David the Proud, they didn't seem to be.
Speaker 3: Much love lost.
Speaker 4: Have a look at the body language, didn't look like there were a lot of smiles there. They both look like they would rather be anywhere, but standing side by side like a divorced couple who hate each other have signed the paperwork but pretend to like each other for the sake of the kids.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't know. Does this sound convincing to you?
Speaker 5: But the coalition is back together and looking to the future, not the past. We're squarely focused on representing the Australian people. I trust David and I value and respect the National Party as.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be standing here today if I didn't trust Susan Lene, I didn't trust the Liberal Party.
Speaker 4: Does that sound like a rallying call of reunification? Does it give reassurance to Conservative voters? Maybe I'm too harsh, but to me it was a united front, but not a united front. But they assure us now that they are on the same page despite two breakups in twelve months.
Speaker 3: Time will tell.
Speaker 4: Now Susan Lee accepted a counter offer from the National Party that will see all National shadow ministers suspended until March one.
Speaker 3: It would appear the opposition leader.
Speaker 4: Has actually backed down on her original demand that the three Nationals who broke shadow cabinet solidarity over the hate speech laws be suspended until July. Now there's no doubt the coalition is better together.
Speaker 3: They need each other to govern.
Speaker 4: This is good news, but can they get past the reported screaming matches, not taking calls, and even Little Proud reportedly saying he can't be part of the shadow ministry under Susan Lee.
Speaker 5: Lots of people have said lots of things, and some have been attributed to people who are not named, and some have been the point is that we did have differences, David and I in our party rooms. We've resolved those differences did look.
Speaker 6: Dugly, but we've had the courage to come back and say we're going to make sure it never happens again. That's leadership, that's courage.
Speaker 4: And that's good because the coalition was the butt of all jokes by Labor in question time this week, and let's hope now the focus actually gets back to Labor. But it's got me wondering, how convinced are you that, even with reunification, that it's going to make any difference. The polls suggests they are bleeding voters to one nation. Conservative voters have switched off. They're done, and it seems to me the coalition are in there. Will they won't they error? Will they or won't they present something concrete? Will they or won't they present something solid? Will they or won't they survive as a coalition? Will they or won't they come up with policy positions? I mean they've split up twice, first on energy, then of course on the hate speech laws. Conservatism has gone off a cliff and at the same time, in the Liberals, will they or won't they decide on a new leader? See Liberal MP Angus Taylor has reportedly got enough support in the party room to depose Susan Lee. However, his back is remain uncertain about the timing and whether they can secure the procedural support needed to force a spell motion, and Angus Taylor was remaining coy when asked about it on Friday.
Speaker 2: Andrew Hasty's ruled himself out of any potential leadership spill.
Speaker 3: He's come out and made that very clear.
Speaker 2: Why haven't you Well, I'm not going to say to you and your listeners that I don't have and haven't had leadership ambitions. I clearly have had, you know, That's why I ran for the leadership last time around, and meeting in our party room do and I think ambition is a good thing. But most of all, what we all want is a better Liberal Party and a better coalition and we need that fast. And if we don't deliver that, Australians will continue to look elsewhere and that's simply not good enough.
Speaker 4: Susan Lee remains confident she has the support.
Speaker 5: I am very confident of the overwhelming support of my party room. They elected me nine months ago to lead. I said then I was up for the job. I'm up for the job.
Speaker 4: Now how long is this going to drag on?
Speaker 7: For?
Speaker 4: Andrew Clenell was reporting on Sky News this morning that some MPs from the Moderate faction believe Miss Lee should be given more time, potentially even a budget reply speech, to see whether she can stabilize the party.
Speaker 3: And I've got to be honest.
Speaker 4: The will they won't they era is so tiresome and so boring. And I'm about to speak to the woman who is now the most favorable politician in the country, Pauline Hanson, who's capitalized on it, and it's got the Liberals, Nationals and labor worried.
Speaker 5: You know, One Nation is broadly a party of protests, very good at identifying problems. We often hear the conversation from them about the problems, not so good at identifying what the solutions are.
Speaker 6: Well, how serious is Pauline Hanson? She seems to be only coming after National and Liberal Party seats. If the enemy is Anthony Alberanezia, she articulates, She's not really serious is she?
Speaker 3: Is there a single issue party?
Speaker 4: I have no idea how they would vote in relation to important things like taxes, in relation to.
Speaker 8: Absolutely turned my stomach to see that One Nation, which was quite rightly a prior of you know, politics. Paul En Hansson's made a career out of sewing division and distrust and hatred between Australians, openly mocking people's most important spiritual beliefs, and yet here she is being regarded as a mainstream political force.
Speaker 4: Look, that's just a load of nonsense. The formula One Nation has offered up is pretty simple. The party brings conservative and strong policies to the table without fear, like cutting mass migration. Where is the Liberal Party policy? I mean there are some Liberals like Senator Andrew Mlaglaughlin who are even too scared to say it, claiming the phrase mass migration is inflammatory and irresponsible. Then you've got some moderates wanting to align themselves with the Teals to make a new center right movement drag the party more to the left terrific, I mean at every opportunity, moderates have warned the party against becoming one nation light as if that's offensive when one nation is more popular than both the Liberals and Nationals.
Speaker 3: And the Liberals are meant to be.
Speaker 4: The party of free speech but backed in Labour's hate speech laws. So what do they stand for and what is in it for Conservative voters?
Speaker 3: Will they or won't they decide on a new leader?
Speaker 4: And will they or won't they be able to work cohesively with the Nationals. But here is the key question. Does that even matter anymore? Or is it too late? There is a blueprint over in the UK and Australia is following it.
Speaker 3: The Tories and Labor wrote off.
Speaker 4: Nigel Farage and Reform UK, and now he no longer leads a protest party, but one which could genuinely form government, and by all accounts he could very well be their next Prime minister. Why because voters know what he stands for, cutting mass migration, stopping the votes, making Britain British again. His policy has not changed since day one, and neither has Pauline Hanson's Australia has changed. The will they won't they? Modern day conservatives just haven't caught up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It seems you can only qualify these days to become a teacher if you have a PhD in activism to go with it.
Speaker 3: The cultural left have well.
Speaker 4: And truly taken over classrooms across the country. We've had teachers pushing a pro Palestine agenda in schools. There's been an unofficial teaching guide explaining how to wear Palestinian stickers and CAFs in class, and even suggestions on how to weave anti Israel rhetoric into subjects. Over in Victoria, children as young as five are being told their body parts may not match their gender. Now, Mom and Dad don't drop little Johnny or little Jane off in the morning, only for their kids to come back waving the Aboriginal LGBTIQ plus and Palestine flags, asking if they were born with the wrong body parts, saying sorry to the stolen generation, marching to the beat of always was, always will be Aboriginal land and from the river to the sea. And then we'll add the climate armagedon onto that as well. Why don't we have I missed anything there? Well, if you ask Chris Breen from teachers and school staff for Palestine, it's all perfectly normal stuff.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's a view I think that comes across that politics should be kept out of the classroom, that teachers are brainwashing students, and I think this is just far.
Speaker 2: From the truth.
Speaker 7: If that was the case, you know, we would get students to sit down and not talk over us, and not take each other's pencil cases and everything else.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he's talking about, and clearly neither does he. But if that is a standard, God help our kids. And now The Herald's son has exposed online chat forums where teachers around Australia are debating.
Speaker 3: What is culturally appropriate in the classroom.
Speaker 4: Never mind basic maths, science and English, never mind exchanging ideas on how to improve educational outcomes for kids. They're actually asking one another whether they should bring their politics into school?
Speaker 3: Can you believe it?
Speaker 4: In one exchange, a Queensland teacher asked whether it was political or not to wear a T shirt to class with the message we honor and respect to Aboriginal and torrestrate Islander people as the traditional custodians of country.
Speaker 3: One teacher replied, saying.
Speaker 4: That they wear there, always was, always will be shirt almost weekly. Where on earth is a professionalism, let alone a guideline from schools on a dress code. In Victoria, a teacher issued an online apology in one of the forums to anyone I insulted or who thought I was being racist after their post questioned whether acknowledgment of country had to be held daily. Teachers actually got so enraged at the fact she questioned if it was a daily practice that they called a fellow teacher racist. The apology received supportive comments, including one thanking them for being introspective and directing them to culturally safe environments. Guidance from the Victorian Department of Education. Well, I mean, when you're under a state with a treaty that nobody ever voted for, what do you expect. A teacher from WA asked fellow teachers about whether they had a nice welcome to country sign for their classroom and on whether they think that's indoctrination. Acknowledging and celebrating indigenous Australian culture in schools is not indoctrination. And even posted an image of a Dictionary definition.
Speaker 3: Of just that. Well, I did a little google myself at the very definition.
Speaker 4: According to the Cambridge Dictionary, indoctrination is the process of repeating an idea or belief to someone until they accept it without criticism or question. Imposing your views on children is indoctrination. And what right do these so called educators have to be imposing them in the first place. It's just so easy for these activists, and that's what they are, to impose their views because kids are in pressionable. You tell them one thing, they believe it, they take it. I mean, they're kids, for goodness sake. They're not at an age where they can form their own critical views, and why should they be.
Speaker 3: Let kids be kids and let parents do the parenting.
Speaker 4: Teaching is one of the most important and I would say rewarding professions in the world. You get to equip children and teenagers with critical learning skills, and when it starts at school, these kids will one day carry it into the workforce. And that is all we need. Another generation of new age, woke adults. We've clearly got enough already. Joinning me now is one nation leader. Senator Pauline Hanson, Senator. Good to have you on the show. Thank you so much for your time. Let's start with the coalition. They're back together though, as I said earlier, you could really cut the tension with a knife in that joint press conference today. What's your reaction to that and do you maintain that you'd still want to form a coalition.
Speaker 9: Look, when I spoke about forming a coalition, Janika, it was about if they were short in numbers to form government, I would say, right, I'd give you confidence and I'd give you a supply. I don't want to be part of their cabinet all because what an absolute mess that is. I don't want to be part of that. I don't want to be dragged along to support their policies, which most of the time I think there are shambles, and I don't think they have some sound policies to get the country out of the mess. But I think that working with them, so if they don't require the vote of one nation, we would look at their legislation. Look, den Nekro, I'll work with anyone if I think it's the best interest for the country and for the people. But they need to get their act together. Do I think Susan Lee is going to last the distance? No, I don't have I got faith in Angus Tailor.
Speaker 3: No I don't.
Speaker 9: Andrew Hasey, No I don't. They are lacking a lot because they've been taken over by the moderates. The moderates keep dragging them to the left. That's why One Nation is the only conservative party to actually get them back on track, to get this country back in the hands of the people.
Speaker 4: Well, and as I said earlier, you know this idea that they could align themselves with the teals. They don't like the word mass migration. I mean, you know, no wonder they're in the situation that they are net zero and net zero exactly absolutely and everything making zero am yes, exactly thing yeah, and basic things like what is the difference between a man and a woman?
Speaker 3: You know, just simple, simple policies.
Speaker 4: But your proposition has really got the Libs and Nats on edge. Here's a reminder of some of it today.
Speaker 3: Have a look.
Speaker 5: They often hear the conversation from them about the problems, not so good at identifying what the solutions are.
Speaker 6: Well, how serious is Pauline Hanson? She seems to be only coming after National and Liberal Party seats.
Speaker 4: Maybe to an extent that's true. I mean, there's no doubt you're looking at those seats. But how do you read this, because if the polls are right, you're doing something correct.
Speaker 3: I mentioned reform earlier.
Speaker 4: Faraja's taking it from a protest party to one which could genuinely form government.
Speaker 3: But how do you do that?
Speaker 9: All right, Denika? What I'm saying is I believe we need to get rid of the Labor Greens. They are toxic for this country.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 9: If I have to work with the coalish inside to get the hand with the government out of the hands of Labor Greens and the tills, I will do that. There's no problem about that. I'm not just targeting coalitions and seats. I will be standing candidates across one hundred and fifty seats plus the Senate, and therefore I am attracting those labor voters as well. So I'm pulled up constantly. People say I was staunch labor voter.
Speaker 11: No more.
Speaker 9: I'm fed up with the Labor Party or even the Greens. Some people said I voted Greens. I'm not following the Greens anymore. So people are slightly waking up to what one nation stands for and looking at our policies as far as the policy is and saying that we don't have policies. I'm always complaining, Well, the Coalition picked up my policy about the fuel excise tax. Morrison did it for six months and I forced him to do that. Plus also in the last election they picked up about fuel excise tax. The superannuation scheme using the money for your home loans, that was one nation policy before the Limbs came out with it. So even the foreign investment, ownership of homes in Australia by foreign investments, that's another one nation policy picked up by the Labor and also the Coalition. So they say I haven't got policies when they're constantly picking up my policies and the ideas is ridiculous. And I'll put this point in when I had the shared balance of power under Turnbull and Morrison, the minister in the coalition Liberal said to me, Pauline, we've got good policies, but working with you has improved our policies because you've actually have helped us improve our legislation. Now that came from Minster. So they're not they do want to work with me because I know Dan well. We are beneficial to them because we research, we've got good policies, we're in line with the Australian people.
Speaker 4: Look, it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out, especially given that commentary by them today. Now I've got to say, you return quite emphatically to the Senate this week after that the burker ban you entered, you took about, you gave your fellow colleagues a wave. I think we've got that vision, will bring it up. But there you are entering the Senate there. I mean, I wonder how happy they would have they were to have you back Senator.
Speaker 3: But I mean, whole lot has changed.
Speaker 4: I've got to say since you were suspended, hasn't it. There's been BONDI, the gun laws, the hate speech laws.
Speaker 3: It's a very very different set of circumstances. It has.
Speaker 9: What's happened since I was banned in the late November I think it was twenty fifth and November to what it is today, so much has happened, and I was really upset that I couldn't be on the floor Parliament. I asked Alban Easy to actually take the ban off, so I could be on the floor in Parliament to discuss it. No word whatsoever, that's up to the Senate. Well, he didn't tell Penny Wong. Penny Wong could have actually said okay, we'll lay her back in, but they didn't. Janika, we need that strong voice in the Senate, and they cut down debate on that hate speech laws. Nats followed our lead with it and not supporting the hate speech laws. So we actually brought up a lot of the issues in that legislation. They weren't aware of, either of the Libs. So we actually led the way again with the hate speech laws.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I mean, now, look what's happened with the hate speech laws.
Speaker 3: The coalition split because of.
Speaker 4: It, and you know they are back together today, but it's a very very different face of the Parliament this year. I want to ask you about just into Nampa jimber Price, the Liberal senator. She's ruled out a switch to One Nation, even though she told the Daily Telegraph today that she had been sidelined by the Liberals. Had you been actively pursuing her, Are you disappointed that she wouldn't make the switch.
Speaker 9: No, I haven't spoken to her personally about coming across at all prior to the last election. Before prior to her being a senator, I did ask her if she would stand for One Nation. At the time she didn't respond to me. But then it was very shortly after that that he joined up with the Nats for the Northern Territory. So she's going to find it difficult with the next election because now she switched to the Liberal Party. She's up for reelection the next selection next time. So where are they going to put her. I don't know. No Liberal senator is going to move aside for her to run in their seat, and I'll have to find her a safe Lower House seat if they want to keep her on. She's going to be in dire strait, so I think she will struggle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be interesting to see how that plays out. We're almost out of time, but.
Speaker 3: I've got to ask you about this. Let's talk about Abdul Rivesey.
Speaker 4: He's the former Deputy Secretary of the Department of Immigration. He's launched this attack on you on social media, saying, quote, Pauline left school at fifteen without completing high school. He was responding to comments that you made about skilled and non skilled migrants. When I saw this senator, but I thought, here we go. I mean, this is the man that once headed up our migration program. I'd also make mention that Paul Keating left school at fourteen and became Prime minister.
Speaker 3: What's your response to this.
Speaker 9: Well, when I went to school, fifteen was a normal age to leave, and it was only a few years prior to that year. Let's go at thirteen. Well, I topped my grades and year nine I got number one top of the grade out of fifty four students. I've gone on to lead my own political part ever, I own small businesses most of my life and I've actually, you know, led a team that got people elected to parliament. So he wants to have a go at me. He's having to go at every other person out there around my age. Let's go at that age. And when we grew up sixties and seventies, we had the most productivity in the country. We actually knew what how to write, how to read, how to set string a sentence together, and we could actually do our sons without a calculator. So I think, you know, these days, so I think they're failing their educational system. So anyway, he's having to go everyone around my age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and exactly. I mean, so what if you left school at a certain age? As you said, there are people out there with great success stories.
Speaker 3: It's actually an attack.
Speaker 4: On so many people. Extraordinary. Pauline Hanson. Always great to have you on the show. Thank you so much for joining me. Really appreciate it. Well, let's bring in my panel now for more analysis. Joinning me is former New South Wales Police Minister David Elliott and New South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahala. Kind of both of you. A very busy day, a busy week. Again, here we go again.
Speaker 3: We're going to start with the coalition once again.
Speaker 4: It does get to a little bit repetitive after a while, but they make it all about themselves.
Speaker 3: But they're back together, aren't they.
Speaker 12: Well, it reminds me this week is Valentine's State. Reminded me of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. But I have to hasten to add they ended up getting divorced again and one of them became an alcoholic.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean probably had it done this way. We don't know how it's going to work, listen. I mean they did look awkward.
Speaker 12: Unfortunately, it's just going to feed the vote into one nation, I think, because it'll be it'll spook conservatives. Conservatives are by virtue of their political ideology conservative and they don't like to see change, they don't like to see a necessary change, and they're probably going to look at Pauline Hanson as somebody that's been around for a long time. She's seen as the senior Conservative. So we really, my mom, have to really work. And it's taken a distraction away from the attack on the Labor Party because we've got a prime Minister who thinks that we're silly and will flip on a royal commission. But they've got a defensive minister that wants to sell Victoria Barracks. We've got a we've got a Treasurer who doesn't understand that the inflation is caused by a noted supply of money.
Speaker 10: There's a lot to attack on it.
Speaker 12: This is an issued rich environment, but we're not we're talking about whether or not we're going to be engaged again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. The will they won't they coalition? We don't know?
Speaker 3: And will they won't they Liberal Party? Are they going to look to to topple Susan Lee. We don't know. I mean, you called it two weeks ago, didn't you that it wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Be Andrew Hasty. You were very confident that it was going to be Angus Taylor.
Speaker 3: But he hasn't made a move yet.
Speaker 10: No, and I think look a lot of that. Can I just start by saying, that was a very uncomfortable press conference between Yeah, David little Proud, and it just reminded me of two kids in a naughty corner. They had a fight, you know, in the sand pit in the back, so I think they were forced in that. I think that was terrible. Wherever the pr people are, they should have had them out and about maybe chatting with ordinary hunters out there and smiling and being friendly. This looked very stage and very painful. So to me, they're virtually finished. I think both of them are finished, if you want my view. Yes, two weeks ago I called that Andrew Hasty you wouldn't run. I didn't think that he was quite ready. I'm not ruling him out for the future, but I think Angles Taylor is the answer for the liber Party right now. I think the problem the Liver Party has is and what Angus has is that you actually need people within the caucus to start that process. He can't turn up and say to Susan, you've got to go. You know, I've sent enough leadership spills. So it's David to know that you need people within the shadow cabinet to start resigning from positions, lead people within the caucus demanding change and actually holding press conference and saying that they're not happy. And there's absolute silence right now from the Little Party. Nobody is actually saying, one way or another what they want, and they're ignoring these horrific polls that clearly are starting to resonate that there are people now moving away from the coalition and voting findation that's clear, and you have a disaster unfolding where I think for Angus, he's in a very difficult position where he needs people within the leadership around Susan lay within the shadow cabinet to step up and say that they need change.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And look, the longer this goes on, though, I mean, it's just such a bad look. And as I said, it's like conservatism in this country has gone off a cliff.
Speaker 3: It's a really, really sad site. Let's talk about Jim Chalmers.
Speaker 4: He's repeatedly dodged questions about the contribution of growing government spending to inflation.
Speaker 3: Here he was this morning.
Speaker 13: You said government spending was not a factor in the decision.
Speaker 3: Was it a factor?
Speaker 14: Well, David, our political opponents and their acolytes deliberately, dishonestly trying to conflate two different things.
Speaker 13: Public demand, government spending was still increasing, wasn't it in the second half of last year.
Speaker 14: Public demand growth last year was slowing. It was less than a third of what it was the.
Speaker 13: Year public growth, but public spending. Government spending was growing well.
Speaker 14: In both of our budget updates. David, we actually improved the budget.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure how many more warnings the Treasurer needs, David, It's quite simple.
Speaker 3: Spending inflation. It correlates one with each other.
Speaker 12: Any year nine commerce student knows that spending by an entity like the government is going to force inflation the onto working families. And one minute he's boasting about how much money he's spending in ndis and other parts of the economy, and the next minute he's saying, oh, well, you know, we're a fiscally responsible government and spending isn't causing inflation. Meanwhile, he's reserved bank he's Reserve Bank governor. He's saying, listen, you know your government spending is a little bit up there. Ironically, of course, this is the same Reserve Bank governor who's spending one point two billion dollars in upgrading her office in Martin Place, which is check which was originally which was originally budgeted for two hundred and sixty million, so that she's had a cracker of a blow and anybody who's built her house knows that you can probably double it. But she's quadrublet and some so yeah, it is a miss. But I think Jim Charmers, if he's going to remain maintain the respect of the people of Australia, he's going to start telling the truth. And the reality is government spending is out of control. It's causing inflation. It ain't me causing inflation. No, the grocery build that's coming out of my house, no, a neighbor's house. It is government spending.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Plus all of course, all the energy subsidies have now come to an end, and we knew that it was going to be a band aid solution.
Speaker 4: Tanya that want those end. It's going to have an impact on inflation. I'm not sure how Jim keep treating us all like mugs.
Speaker 10: Seriously, Well, that's actually a good way to put it. Look, I think that it's very clear that Jim Chalmers is finally coming to the realization this week that no one's going to protect his position on this. I think the Governor has been pretty diplomatic until this week, finally kind of making it very clear that public spending is a huge issue. You've got a Treasurer who wants to be liked. That's part of the problem here. He has not rained in those big bureaucracies around Canberra at all. Arba is a good example, but there's plenty of other bureaucracies out there that are spending way too much. The treasurers need to be feared and revered by the larger public service. You are controlling the economic leavers. There's no question of that. Particularly in a small economy like Australia. You cannot state the Treasurer can't say that what they're doing every day within the quantifides of Parliament isn't making a big impact on our economy. It is all economists are saying. We've been saying it here for months on Sky News as well, that public spending is out of control, there's no question of that. And we're going to This is not going to be the first interest rate hike that we're going to see. We're going to see more this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the RBA said they want, but there will be more to come.
Speaker 10: They've got no choice when it comes to managing montre policy in Australia because you've got a treasurer.
Speaker 4: That's just wipe his hands exactly absolutely and keeps, you know, ducking and weaving at the very suggestion.
Speaker 3: Look, it's going to be a big week in New South Wales.
Speaker 4: Are the governments invoked additional major events powers ahead of the Israeli President's visit tomorrow as protesters aim for a huge mobilization chrismins. The Premier has announced that the change would grant police additional powers to disperse crowds around Sydney and David, I mean the protesters at the pro Palestine movement that they're gearing up already, they're ready for this.
Speaker 3: How big of an operation is this going today?
Speaker 12: Well, this will probably be one of the biggest police operations we've seen for a visiting a head of government. And let's face it, Chrismins has done the right thing, as as has the police Commission of male Lanion, because we do know that the pro Palestine mob can get pretty great. Yeah, you don't see a pro Israeli groups going out and behaving the way that we see with the Propriate City. And so the police will be undercover, they'll have obviously, they'll be relying on a lot of intelligence. They will have obviously a high profile operation of deterrence as well as anything else. And I think it's appropriate. I'm delighted the Prime Minister invited the Prime Minister of Israel.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I agree.
Speaker 12: It was the most appropriate thing that he could have done under the circumstances. So now it's up to unfortunately Chrismans and male Lanion have to make sure that he's safe and welcome.
Speaker 4: I completely agree, and I agree with Anthony Abernezy. He did the right thing in inviting him, and I think it's important that he does go down to Bondi, despite the Pro Palestine brigade saying they no is she shouldn't be there. Tanya, I've going to ask you about this classroom indoctrination. I just spoke about it there at the start of the show where teachers are in an online forum deciding whether or not they should bring their politics into the classroom. I can't even believe that that is a topic of discussion, and quite frankly and always was always will T shirt in the classroom to me is absolutely appalling.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be bringing your politics. What do you think.
Speaker 10: I've said this before and I'll say it again to teachers. If they want to get into politics, resign from the department medication and run for office. Stop politicizing the classroom. Stop indoctrinating our kids. I'm a mother of three children. I've seen it firsthand, and I think many other parents and grandparents will agree with me. That is just out of control. There are, always, there are teachers that do subtle things. It might not be a direct conversation, but it might be what they wear, it might be what they even just say in passing in a classroom, but it has a huge impact on those children. Ultimately, I'm tired, like many parents, of the politicizing of our children.
Speaker 3: Ye, classrooms are about learning.
Speaker 10: Back to basics, mass literature, history, real history.
Speaker 3: Real history. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't have a problem with learning about our Aboriginal history.
Speaker 3: Let me make that clear. I didn't have a p That's fine, but let's not make it up. Let's exactly, and let's.
Speaker 4: Not get these teachers into the classrooms wearing these stupid T shirts or.
Speaker 3: Telling a child, you know, you don't feel like a boy today, you can be girl. It makes it makes me sick to be honest.
Speaker 4: Now, has anyone seen the sports Minister Anika Wells, No, because she's still missing in action after those expenses scandal. You know where she went all over the world and took her husband and now she is a no show at the Winter Olympics in Milan, David, She's actually meant to be at.
Speaker 3: These events as part of her role, but she's ducking for cover. Would you blame her?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 12: This is very sad because the sports Minister is supposed to be the number one cheerleader of the nation's number one cheerleader and now because of what she's done in relation to her in relation to her expenses, she can't be the number one cheerleader. No, and I think probably she's going to need to have to consider a position. Maybe. I don't think she should be sad. She's apologized, she's rectified it. But she can clearly not be the number one cheerleader for the Australian Olympic team or anything else. Very very sad.
Speaker 3: It is very sad.
Speaker 4: I mean, look everywhere she goes now, she's got to be watched like a hall.
Speaker 10: That's this painter, that's the problem. In twenty thirty two, we've got our own Olympics in Australia, so you really needed her as a minister being at the Winter Olympics now to make those contacts and networks. So it's very unfortunate.
Speaker 3: I hate to think how.
Speaker 10: Many bureaucrats went instead. Yeah, good boy, Well that actually annoys me more. I think I would rather her there as a minister being there. So and David's right, very unfortunately if you can't have the number one cheerleader, which is the sports minister, being at the representing, you know, looking out for our athletes there at the Olympic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember there was a whole hey of bureaucrats that went to the un in New York, so.
Speaker 10: That might be white broadcast.
Speaker 3: Down the drain. No sympathy here, you behaved, David Elliott. Good to have you both on as always.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much for joining me, stay with us coming up after the break.
Speaker 4: A man accused of domestic violence against his partner is moved to a female prison in Perth because he changed his sex on his.
Speaker 3: Birth certificate and it's legal to do so.
Speaker 4: Sal Grover, who's at the center of Australia's what is a Woman case, is fired up about this.
Speaker 3: She'll join me next. Welcome back well.
Speaker 4: A biological man accused of domestic violence against a female partner has been jailed in a women's prison in Western Australia because they now identify as a woman. The West is reporting that prison boss bosses were blindsided when the inmate, who still has male genitals, produced a birth certificate that stated he was female.
Speaker 3: How self, I d laws.
Speaker 4: They are in place all over the country so you can change your sex at the swipe of a pen without having surgery now. The inmate, who has since been granted bail, was sent to bandy Up Women's prison after their arrest last year, and was segregated from the general population because the prospect of a man with a penis housed in an all female environment was quote considered too disruptive. Joining me now is Giggle founder saur Grover, So good to have you back on the show. Thanks for joining me. That line too disruptive. Well what about the alleged and we have to say, alleged DV perpetrator is in a women's prison in the first place because they can be there because they can just go ahead and change their sex.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is the logical conclusion of gender identity laws, not even just self idea of gender identity laws. Whether you've had surgery or whether you've had hormones anything, no one can change sets. So the whole thing is self identifying as the opposite sets. And I'll tell you something for free. Good men do not go into female spaces. They don't even try.
Speaker 3: So the moment you.
Speaker 11: Are dealing with a man who will change his birth certificate in order to go into a woman's space, you are dealing with someone who is not good.
Speaker 3: This is to say none of them should be allowed to do it.
Speaker 11: No one should be allowed to falsify an identification document and then use it to make other people believe. That line put other people in danger. Where dealing with another story in Australia this week of a convicted murderer claiming to be a woman who has sexually assaulted a female in need and she's been given a secret payout from that. Gender identity laws are not working. They're not working in this country. Women have been seeing for years now this is what will happen, And now it's happening. How many stories do we have to hear every day, every week in this country before the media and the politicians who are complicit in this admit that they felt for the stupidest possible line imaginable and actually do something to fix it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, and it's sentenced to what is a woman Australia doesn't know? Look, let's talk about that Victorian case of this is Clinton Rental. So he was moved to a minimum security female prison after transitioning while serving a twenty year sentence, and as we know from the Herald's Sun, the victim was paid off by the Allen government last year. And what's most scary is that just Cinta Allen is still refusing to put a blanket ban on men in women's prisons.
Speaker 3: Yet have a look at this.
Speaker 4: She's got time to virtue signal today on x she posted you'll probably know Mitch Brand from his time playing forty for the West Coast Eagles. Last year, he made history as the first ever AFL player to come out as bisexual. Role Models like Mitch are exactly who we need for generations to come happy pride.
Speaker 3: So sau Jasinta loves.
Speaker 4: To talk about gender, but not when it comes to a man and a women's prison sexually assaulting an inmate. But she's got time though, to promote pride when really, actually what she could be doing is booting men out of women's spaces.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, first of all, it should just be noted that bisexuality confirms that they all do know that sex is binary. But to move on to the actual issue at hand, if you are a government sitting government that cannot get a male predator out of a female prison, you're other, incompetent or malicious. There's no other option speaking of binary. So, I mean, female prisons have existed for a reason. They've existed for one hundred years. This is not how these policies were replaced. They existed. They've only changed because of these gender identity laws that have been brought in at the state and federal level. They're crumpling all around the world. But for whatever reason, Australia is doubling down on them while the worst case scenarios are happening In Scotland. A few years ago, the first Minister, Nicolas Sturgeon lost her political career over this issue over men claim women in women's prisons. And I'll tell you something, it wasn't even as bad as the government doing a secret payoff to it because a convicted murderer had sexually assaulted a female inmate. The fact that just into Alan or anyone in government things are they're going to be able to just get away with this, that we're going to just forget about it. One of the reasons why it's important beyond safety for inmates, but also for the general population, is that this is a lie that men can be women. And when you've got the government trying to force all of society to believe this lie, you're in a very very dangerous situation. So that's why we need to stop it, so that we can say to the government, no, you cannot force us to believe something that isn't true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And I really do feel like the majority of the population know this. It is a very very small percentage. And the problem is you've got people like Jacinta Allen putting their rights ahead of everybody else's and their rights ahead of public safety, and that is an absolute disgrace, especially from somebody in such a high position in office. Let's talk about our jury and boxer Ammann Khalif in a shot to nobody, he is a man after all. You recall that Khalif won gold at the Paris Olympics. Well, now he's admitted to being born with male chromosomes and using hormonal treatment aimed at reducing testosterone levels.
Speaker 3: Ahead of the games.
Speaker 4: You know, Sala, remember when he threatened to sue anyone who said that he was a man, and remember the lefts melt down over it. Yet the International Olympic Committee said that he was born a woman because again his birth certificate said so what does this say?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, it's always been clear that this person is a man, is male, and no one on our side has been seen that he was trans or anything like that. We've been seeing there's clearly been an issue with a disorder of sex development and a mistake and avert certificate.
Speaker 3: Unless it's been.
Speaker 11: More sinister than that. But that was sort of the most good faith explanation that our side could give. But instead of going, oh, okay, hang on, there might be something here, considering this guy has routinely failed sex testing, they celebrated the fact that he was punching women at the Olympics, thereby at least suggesting that gender ideology gives everybody free past to accept violence against women as some kind of moral position to have if it's something that will upset your political opponents. I mean, this is just, this is madness, and it's really quite sick. And I'm sure that people are going to double down and still pretend that he's some delicate woman who needs protecting. But no, I mean it's always been to anyone with eyes, and he is.
Speaker 4: It's obvious that he is man, absolutely, and I think he should be stripped of the gold medal. I mean, look what happened to that poor Italian boxer who was in tea after the match because she literally said that she couldn't go up against an opponent like that.
Speaker 3: It's just it's very unfair.
Speaker 4: I was shocked to see some signage sow for the new South Wales government, which is funding an International Women's Day event for and by trans women, which includes vocal coaching, support with legal gender affirmation, and other things.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, there's a lot of issues I find with this one.
Speaker 4: It's International Women's Day, but also funded by the taxpayer.
Speaker 3: What is your take on this? Yeah, look my take on it.
Speaker 11: I'm all for any event that's for and by transfomen. How fun boys knock yourselves out, I don't care. What I want is that women can also have events or spaces that are for and by women. I've now been in federal court for almost over four years fighting for the rate for women to have women only spaces, and these guys are just sort of out there rubbing it in our faces that they will do anything that they want. As I said, I'm all for it, but if you're going to have events for and buy and for trans women, you're going to have to accept that the law should also cover events forum by women and events forum by lesbians.
Speaker 3: And for men and for gay men. I think we can all have this.
Speaker 11: We need the law to recognize that it's fine for people to want to spend time with their tribe, and no one should have a problem with that. We live in a colorful world together. But the fact that if any woman right now is to go and do something exclusively for women in this country, she would get a Human Rights Commission complaint and the Sex Discrimination Commission would be on the men's side.
Speaker 4: Oh always, I mean you found that out firsthand in giggle versus tickle, and I look, speaking of that, we're almost out of time. I just want to ask you yesterday mark six months since that appeal to establish what is a woman? Because apparently we don't know. You must be patiently waiting now for a decision.
Speaker 11: Oh patient patiently is doing a lot heavy listening in there. I've kind of run out of patients. But yeah, I mean we are getting anticipating that there will be a decision very very soon. And look, it is really important because while to a lot of people it might just be the funny named case about an app it's always been about more than that. It is about the laws that are allowing men in these women's prisons, that stopping lesbians from having lesbian only spaces, being that schoolgirls don't have their own bathrooms at school. Is to make sure that the law, the Sex Discrimination Act, is interpreted correctly and at the moment, the Sex Discrimination Commissioner, doctor Anna Perdie interprets the law that insists that any man who claims to be women can be in a female only space. So she's on the side of that murderer, she is on the side of that domestic abuser who's in a woman's prison. She's not on the side of us. And we need a law that reflects reality, and we need a sex discrimination Commissioner who's going to interpret that law correctly. So hopefully any day now will get me a step closer to that happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I should say it's an alleged domestic violence perpetrator.
Speaker 3: And you're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: And look we're all waiting for you, and you know we've all got our fingers crossed and we look forward to the updates and hopefully soon for your sake. Sal Grover, it's always great to have a chat with you. Thanks very much for joining me, appreciate it. Coming up after the break, is Labour's defense sell off a good deal or not?
Speaker 3: I'll ask Michael Schuebridge that's next Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Well. Labor has identified sixty seven defense sites for potential sale to make two billion dollars in savings as the Australian Defense Force moves to address critical capability gaps. Here was a Defense Minister Richard Miles this morning.
Speaker 16: We need a defense estate which is really focused on the future needs of the Defense force, recognizing that the Defense Forces is its primary job is defending Australia. It's not a heritage organization, it's a defense organization and so this is as much about the focus of our personnel. So to give you exam you know, we're spending four million dollars or we have over the last four years securing Spectacle Island in Sydney Harbor, a site where there hasn't been a member of the Defense Forces twenty twenty three. Now there is the four million that is being spent there and that is just a complete waste of money.
Speaker 4: Clearly we're joining me now, is Strategic Analysis Australia Director Michael Schubridge. Michael, good to have you back on the show. Is the Defense Minister right?
Speaker 15: No, Richard Miles may not even have read the review that he released, saying it was urgent, a historic once in a generation. None of the money from these property sales is going to fund a single item of defense capability or equipment. The reviews authors, which are Finance X finance people say that any property sale money has to be put back into selling more defense properties. So this is just about shrinking the a state, and it's about selling off some of the properties like Victoria Barracks and Point Cook that are so important to our services. Point Cook is the birthplace of the Royal Australian Air Force.
Speaker 4: And the other thing that I'm a little bit baffled by two billion dollars. That's a total amount for all the savings for selling off these sites. There's sixty seven in total. Is that really good bang for your buck?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 15: So a lot of these are not very valuable sites, things like cadet training sites in Country Australia. So the review says, well, these aren't used often. And that's not surprising, is it, Because cadets go to school most of the time, so they're not going to be using their cadet training facility much. But those cadet facilities connect defense to the community. That's increasingly important. But the actual dollar savings, they say you'll get three billion dollars, mainly because they're going to sell off these iconic sites like Victoria Barracks built in the eighteen hundreds in the middle of Sydney, But that three billion is going to be eaten up by remediation and decontamination and heritage costs, so you get much less. So really the whole thing is built on sand.
Speaker 4: Now it doesn't give you much hope. Really, it sounds like we're going to be left more open before I let you go. The US at Iran have restarted nuclear diplomacy.
Speaker 3: I found it interesting.
Speaker 4: Michael both said that they've described the talks as good, but I mean, are they ever really that good when it comes to Iran?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 15: I suppose the good news is they're having talks, and they're going to have more talks. But Iran is a million miles away from the American position. The Iranians are saying, let's only talk about our nuclear program, and we will not give up enrichment of uranium, and we won't hand over the uranium we've already enriched. The Americans are saying, let's talk about you stopping your nuclear program, and let's talk about you ending your missile programs and ending support to Hsbola and AMAS. So they're so far apart, but at least there isn't conflict happening right now. So maybe the talks will get somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I mean we're always hopeful that the talks will get somewhere.
Speaker 3: It is a pecurious situation.
Speaker 4: I knowe the US is also out preparing just in case that there isn't an escalation. As you can imagine, we've got to leave it there unfortunately. Michael Shubridge, nice to see you. Thank you so much for joining me. Coming up after the break, I'll give you my dud of the week.
Speaker 3: Who will it be? Find out next? Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 4: Well, now it is time for Denika's dud of the week, which goes to New York City Mayor Zoran Ma'am Dami, who has made a pitch for why he thinks that the US should support mass migration policies. So you can imagine this is already going absolutely swimmingly already. Now he claims that America should follow the example of Islam and the prophet Muhammed.
Speaker 1: Have a look, and I consider my own fief. Islam a religion built upon a narrative of migration. The story of the Hedra reminds us the prophet Muhammad sod al Ali, who was seldom was a stranger too, who fled Meccan was welcomed in Medina.
Speaker 3: Earth to Zoran mam Dami.
Speaker 4: Now, in my view, that is not exactly a convincing argument when there is a big problem with mass migration, especially when it comes to the issue of radical Islam. Now, this is the same radical Islam that is incompatible with the West, and it's certainly incompatible with its values. We're having this exact debate right now in Australia. But let's not forget that America was founded on Judaeo Christian values, despite the lef's insistence desperately trying to destroy it. And I believe that this is nothing more than ideology dressed up as policy. I mean, what happened to Zoram nam Darmi wanting to clean up the streets, help the homeless, actually restore New York to its former glory. Instead, No, this is the New York mayor what an absolute shame. That's it from me Tonight. Coming up next is the McPherson angle.
Speaker 3: Good Night,