Speaker 1: General Man. Welcome the Late Bay.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson, with Joe Hildebrand and Liz Storer coming up tonight. The Trump Dance has become even more popular than the Macarena. We might even be able to get Joe Hildebrand to do it a bit later. Plus, when we look at the papers, Sydney residents told not to wash their clothes or their dishes in order to conserve power. I thought this was a first world country. And the front page of the Canberra Times tomorrow details which government department has increasing levels of harassment and bullying. We'll share that with you a bit later when we get to tomorrow's news.
Speaker 2: But first some good news.
Speaker 3: Should we dream for a moment that the woke mind virus might just be on its deathbed. According to Pew Research, fifty two percent of American workers have been trained in diversity, equity and inclusion at a cost can you believe it of eight billion dollars a year to industry. But DEI policies popularized in twenty twenty after the death of George Floyd, Well, they're starting to be wound back as people get sick to death of being pitted against each other. Walmart is the latest corporation to announce they are completely abandoning DEI policies, and this is not a tweak. This is an absolute overhaul of all of their policies.
Speaker 2: Here's what they've announced.
Speaker 3: They've announced that they will close down their Equity Racial Center, which they established in twenty twenty at a cost of one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: That's gone.
Speaker 3: They've said they're no longer going to take into account the racial and gender mix of suppliers when ordering contracts. They've said they're no longer going to monitor LGBTQ plus inclusion in their workplace.
Speaker 2: But more than that, they're going to.
Speaker 3: Review the sponsorship of all Pride events, so they're not financially supporting anything that sexualizes children, which basically means they won't be supporting any Pride events. And on top of that, they're reviewing all of their products and getting rid of anything that sexualizes or promotes trans and non binary products to children. Now bear in mind walpart Walmart employee one point six one point eight million Americans, So this is a big deal. But they're not the first company to do this. The Ford Motor Company Low's, Boeing, Harley Davidson have all announced prior to Walmart's announcement that they too are abandoning DEI principles.
Speaker 2: So, Joe and Liz, here's my question. Is this because of Trump?
Speaker 3: Or was this already happening and Trump kind of tapped into a groundswell that existed already and is growing stronger, not just in America but maybe here in Australia as well.
Speaker 2: Dare we dream?
Speaker 4: I think this was definitely already happening, as these companies just came to bear with what they were actually doing and going what are we getting out of this? It's certainly not floating with our base. On top of the companies that you've already listed, there's John Deere, tractor supply, Molsen cause Jack Daniels, I think they've just realized we're spending all these money on this DEI initiatives. It's simply not floating with our customer base and perhaps just the general question of what are we doing this anyway? Like John Deere is a tractor company, what interest do you have in DEI in preaching to people, whether it be your employees or your clients, your customers about this kind of thing. Also, what helps really get this on the nose is a new study by a place called Network Contagion Research Institute NCRII in America. They've done some study on these DEI practices, which are very prolific, not just in workplaces but in.
Speaker 5: Schools, in universities, very.
Speaker 4: Much in America and as we know here in Australia as well.
Speaker 5: So here's the guy who headed up this study. His name is.
Speaker 6: How do you know it?
Speaker 5: To him, Liz Finkelstein, he said.
Speaker 4: What we did in this study was we took a lot of these ideas that were found to still be very prominent in a lot of these DEI lectures and interventions and training, and we said, well, how.
Speaker 5: Is this going to affect people.
Speaker 4: What we found is that when people are exposed to this ideology, what happens is they become hostile, without any indication that anything racist actually happened. These findings from this research were so shocking and forceful that the author'smedia automatically they'd use three hundred and twenty four participants in the original piece of work in which they gave some people just to completely race neutral piece of text on corn of all topics to read, and then they gave other participants these really race baty articles by well known Kendy and DiAngelo, who you are really big on all things racism. So they got all these participants together and then they gave them a completely race neutral scenario in which a student is rejected from college, and they ask for.
Speaker 5: These people's responses.
Speaker 4: Well, the research was absolutely comprehensive. The implications of these findings can simply not be downplayed.
Speaker 5: The research clearly showed that instead of.
Speaker 4: Achieving equality dismantling systemic oppression, which is what all these dei tichboxes are supposed to be doing, they may well, in fact be deepening divisions and this cultural resentment between races. So well done to all the corporations spending eight billion dollars a year on this rubbish, you may well be undermining the very cause that you claim to be promoting. Now, this research was, like I say, so comprehensive, so decisive. The researchers couldn't believe it, and they said, okay, let's go again.
Speaker 5: Let's go again. We'll do the exact.
Speaker 4: Same thing, but with almost three times the amount of participants. So this time they got together just under a thousand people, much much bigger set of participants there, and they found exactly the same thing. They got exactly the same research data back.
Speaker 5: I think it's.
Speaker 4: Absolutely incredible as well that this research has been suppressed.
Speaker 5: The New York Times refused to.
Speaker 4: Touch it, despite the fact that they had over twenty times previously publicized the ncri's findings on other research that they'd done, and Bloomberg just turned around and said, not on your life.
Speaker 5: The editor was like, I'm not touching this.
Speaker 4: We're all about DEI, So god forbid we let people know that in fact, research shows this stuff ain't even working. Not only is it not working, it's undermining the very causes we think.
Speaker 5: That we're achieving. It's just incredible, Joe.
Speaker 4: Nobody wants to admit familiar it is incredible.
Speaker 6: I mean, I suppose what the report's right to get out is that if you are if you are told that racism is absolutely everywhere and that you've got to be hypervigilant and look for it everywhere because it is everywhere and you just haven't been seeing it before, then obviously you're going to see it everywhere. And the problem with seeing it everywhere is then you miss it when it actually matters, and when it's so. This is the whole problem with anything to do with identity politics or race based politics. It doesn't address the disadvantage that someone may or may not be suffering because of their race. It just means that you see racism everywhere, and you are more likely to see all this racism and in it experience all this racism if you are alive to awake to or if you will woke to the racism, which means that it is usually the most overprivileged, tertiary educated, affluent, well educated people and I use that in air quotes, who feel the most racially oppressed even though they are in fact the most privileged of their race.
Speaker 1: Typically so.
Speaker 6: So that is why it is completely perverse and backward, and it's why I think we should always see things in terms of disadvantage instead of seeing things in terms I've raised them and saying, all right, who is worse off? Who is really sorry? Now, there's no question that, for example, there are Indigenous communities in Australia that are terribly disadvantaged and have horrible outcomes in terms of violence, substances, health, educational outcomes, job opportunities, all that sort of stuff. But you focus on those disadvantages and you fix them rather than saying, okay, well, because this terrible disadvantage is happening in will Kenya, we better make sure that we're not racist to you know, you know, affluent indigenous people who just happen to be indigenous but living in you know, say in a city Willara or Glebe or Newtown or North Kirk. And so the whole problem with seeing things through the lens of race, through the lens of color, is it actually ignores disadvantage. And that is why it is so attractive to the new Left, if you like, so the West East and West Coast elites, because they can claim disadvantage, they can claim oppression that say, I've been you know, hi, I'm from MSNB, say and I'm discriminated against because despite the fact i own three hundred thousand dollars a year, I'm black. Where instead of ignoring the fact that there are heads of disadvantaged people who are not getting a look in because rich, privileged elites are soaking up all the oppression for themselves because they're the ones who are alive.
Speaker 1: To it and can see it everywhere. It's a sickness.
Speaker 3: The other problem with DEI is it teaches people about race to the point of obsession. So then you get people who are obsessed with race. Well, what do you call someone who's obsessed with race?
Speaker 2: A racer? And so I wrote a column for the Australian.
Speaker 3: Newspaper because, as you guys know, I've got twin boys who were born in Ethiopius. They're black, and I wrote a column for The Australian saying that the biggest thing I'm trying to protect my kids from is not from racism, it's from imagining racism is everywhere. So the whole diversity, equity and inclusion stuff is terrible for my kids because what it does is it would teach my black children to be hyper sensitive about race, and then it would teach everyone around them to be walking on eggshells because you know, don't look at them sideways, because they'll interpret that as you're looking at them sideways because they're African, and it actually brings a division. So my kids are hyper aware. In this scenario of a fence, you don't want to offend them, so you keep your distance. They interpret that as well, you're keeping your distance. Obviously, because I'm black. So the whole thing snowballs, and it just creates more and more division when the intention was supposed to be to bring people together. So the best way to end racism is just to stop talking about race.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Martin Luther King said it judge a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin. It is pretty effing simple. And all the great crimes that have been commit when people didn't do that, when they said, because you are this race, because you are a different color, that is what makes you different, and we have to treat you different.
Speaker 1: I've got to turn you flying the same principle.
Speaker 3: Lot of times in our apartment building, my boys will comment on the fact that the older people when they get in the elevator with them, they look at them a little bit like, and I said, well, you're six foot two and you're black, and you're athletic, and there are older people, so they might I said, what happens then, and they said, well, we smile and say hello, and I said we'll end. And they said, well, the older people instantly melt and they love us. And I said, exactly, because they're getting to know you.
Speaker 2: And that's the point.
Speaker 3: You don't get to know someone based on their melanin or their sexuality or whatever.
Speaker 2: You get to know them as a human being.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've got a few people based on their sexuality.
Speaker 5: God Joe every time. Every time, it.
Speaker 4: Was Morgan Freeman who said, if you want to end racism, just stop talking about it, stop talking about race. I think you hit the nail on the head to the UK now where MP's in the House of Commons are about to decide regarding a bill on Friday which will decide the future of assisted suicide.
Speaker 5: In the UK. It's the first of its kind.
Speaker 4: These guys have racked their brains for weeks now as to where they stand on.
Speaker 5: This morally fraught issue.
Speaker 4: But imagine you're just tubing around London, as pretty much everyone does, especially you come across what has now been dubbed as the Westminster death Tunnel. These have been hung throughout the walls of the Westminster Tube station. My dyinglish is my family won't see me suffer and I won't have to. These ads were put up by dying in Sorry, dignity in.
Speaker 5: Dying, because of course, unless.
Speaker 4: You're offering yourself, where's the dignity if you're just leaving it up to mother nature. I mean, seriously, I do not understand the brains behind such marketing ploys.
Speaker 5: The big question is who funds these people.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find that out, and I'd love to know if anybody else can, because this would have cost an absolute motza.
Speaker 5: It's a really.
Speaker 4: Strange marketing ploy right because right now this is before the House of Commons, So the only real people that you should be targeting if your pro assisted suicide are the people.
Speaker 5: In the chamber. Why would you be advertising.
Speaker 4: This, this pro death culture in a society which already has a serious suicide issue. This is true sadly across the West.
Speaker 5: Why on earth would you be promoting this?
Speaker 4: And I was very heartened to see today that people from the Samaritans have come along and slapped their little signs on top of these huge billboards. The Samaritans are a charity which supports people suffering emotion or distress, struggling to cope, or are at risk of suicide. So they wanted to make their presence known and be like, hold up, while you're encouraging people to off themselves, we want to encourage people to stay alive. As long as possible, and if they are struggling, give us a call.
Speaker 5: We are there for them. Now.
Speaker 4: I can understand people who are very pro this issue, wanting to write submissions or contacting their local MP.
Speaker 5: But this isn't that.
Speaker 4: It's literally promoting amongst society, this pro death culture, and.
Speaker 3: Of all the places to promote it in the Tube, which is a well known place where people go to end their lives. There's been sixty eight suicides and or suicide attempts in the London Tube in the past twelve months. So can you imagine having a sign there promoting volunteer suicide or assistant suicide where they call it these diet days, where you've got people actually contemplating ending their lives.
Speaker 2: On top of that, the Transport.
Speaker 3: For London organization which approves ads in the Tube, say they will not approve ads or images or messages which relate to matters of public controversy or sensitivity.
Speaker 2: And yet they've approved this.
Speaker 3: But it gets even more outrageous because you're not allowed to advertise fast food in the Tube because it's unhealthy. There was a comedian ed Gamble I share how ridiculous this is. A comedian ed gamble. Just a little more than a year ago, he was advertising a stand up comedy show he was doing and in the advertisement for his stand up comedy show, he's holding a hot dog. Well, that advertisement was not approved because you can't advertise hot dogs in the tube. It's not healthy. There was an ad for a weight loss and it asked women, are you beach body ready? And Sadik Khan, the Mayor of London, said nobody should feel pressurized while they travel on the tube into unrealistic expectations surrounding their bodies. So you can advertise assisted suicide in the tube, but you can't advertise with Big.
Speaker 2: Mac and coke.
Speaker 6: There's a big difference there, James, and you know it. I mean, you can advertise euthanasia and that's a legitimate politically. You can advertise euth in asia in the tube, but your advertised fast food. I mean, let's be serious, fast food could kill you.
Speaker 3: That's exactly the irony, Joe, you pointed it out.
Speaker 1: Although I have to say, but why are they turning.
Speaker 2: A blind eye to this?
Speaker 3: Why does Saidik Kahan get all up at you about fast food?
Speaker 2: We all know, but it's just will tell me why.
Speaker 6: We all know what, because because people don't find things controversial if they agree with them. And so if you've got an electorate, a constituency like London, which tends to be apart from.
Speaker 1: The glorious years of Boris.
Speaker 6: Johnson, that tends to be like in a city, in urban constituencies right around the world in the West anyway, they're very progressive and they you know, can't like I'm sure you know, if he was living in Australia, all his friends would have voted for the Voice, if he was living in the US, or none of his friends would have voted for Donald Trump, and so he'd be thinking, oh, well, this is nothing controversy about this. This is what ninety percent of people think. But that is why again, that is why they put these things out there instead of targeting MPs directly, because if you have just people bombarding MPs inboxes with stuff that spam, but if you are getting people like us to talk about it, but more importantly getting people in London to talk about it, and they are then talking to their MPs. So when their MPs go and talk to their constituents this sort of thing is brought up, they think, oh, this isn't just a letter writing campaign. This is a real issue in the community. In the community, and so they take it more seriously. But I have to say the first thing I thought when I saw this and I said my dying wishes this was someone just sent me a message on Instagram. Paul said, I have two dying wishes. One is I want my remains to be spread around Disneyland, and two is I don't want to be cremated.
Speaker 3: I just this may well backfire on proponents of euthanasia because advertising it publicly like this before, as you said, it seemed, and to do it in the tube where people do tend to go to take their lives is just unbelievable. Let's stay overseas, but go to France for a moment you might remember. Back in twenty twenty, a thirteen year old Muslim girl accused her classroom teacher of Islamophobia. She said that during class he held up pictures of a Charlie Hebdo magazine that showed images of Mohammed, but prior to doing that, he sent all of the Muslim children out of the class. Now she complained to her father and mother about Islamophobia. They went online and started the campaign against the teacher, which resulted in the Muslim community getting very upset. Eventually, an eighteen year old Chechen migrant got a knife, tracked down the teacher with help from some of the students, and publicly beheaded him.
Speaker 2: Now this was a few years ago.
Speaker 3: Eight people have been charged with being accessories to this murder, and they're now on trial.
Speaker 2: But here's what happened just this week.
Speaker 3: The thirteen year old girl who made the accusation, she's now seventeen. She's admitted in court she made the whole thing up. She lied about it because she had been suspended from school for two days and was scared her parents would be upset with her, so rather than tell them she'd been suspended, she told them the teacher was Islamophobic and had kicked all the Muslim kids out of the classroom. She made a public apology in the courtroom this week, saying, I would like to apologize to the family of slain teacher Samuel Patti, who, as I said, was publicly decapitated.
Speaker 2: She said, I'd destroyed your lives. I am sorry.
Speaker 3: She's been given eight months of probation for slander, but this is just an unbelievably sad story, but beyond sad, it highlights the danger we now have in Western countries where you've got unchecked immigration, where you've got these different cultures living in ghettos, where you've got the accusation of Islamophobia that can result in some people starting to become violent. And this is not an isolated incident. Think about Batley Grammar in the UK, where a teacher was accused of showing Charlie Hebdo magazine images of Mohammed. He was doing it for a six ethics class, and immediately there were demonstrations for days outside the school. The school publicly apologized, the apology was read by police. Can you believe it to demonstrate us to try and shew them away? There were death threats against the teacher. He's been in hiding with his wife and four children for the past three years and is still in hiding to this day. And I found about another three, just really quickly, another three examples, so we don't have time to go into but you've got school teachers who are petrified now of talking about Islam, of talking about basic ethics as to whether or not you can show an image because of what happened to this teacher in France and to adssault to the wound.
Speaker 2: The whole thing wasn't even true.
Speaker 3: She wasn't even in that classroom of the teacher she accused of being Islamophobia.
Speaker 4: Here we have these Western countries that have allowed radicals. Obviously we're not talking about the vast majority of Muslims, we're talking about radical Islamists into their countries because on an application form you can't tell the difference between a garden variety someone who follows the Muslim faith, and someone who is capable of literally taking someone's head off their body simply over an accusation of Islamophobia.
Speaker 5: I remember years and years ago a.
Speaker 4: Priest in France was in the middle of mass and these two blokes ran in Islamists and beheaded him in front of the entire Catholic Mass that he was conducting at the time. And look, there is no punishment severe enough. But this means that these Western countries, especially the UK and France, have seen far more of this than God God willing, we will ever see in Australia. But these instances of utter brutality. Charlie hebdo itself is another perfect example, these journals gave their lives simply for mocking the prophet Muhammad, and people now feel.
Speaker 5: Like they're held hostage in their own country.
Speaker 3: Should point out it's not just in Western countries where you've got unchecked immigration, and as you said, it's not all Muslims. There's a small group of radicals, but even in countries like Pakistan where you can make accusations of blasphemy against people you don't like or against people of another faith. And that's why Western nations need to be very careful with de facto blasphemy laws and need to make it very clear we don't tolerate this in the West, because if you start to have de facto blasphemy laws, you are providing.
Speaker 2: Encouragement to some people to think.
Speaker 6: Of that is exactly right. And that's what I was going to say. I don't I don't think this is an immigration problem so much as a cultural problem. And we see ice is killed I killed far more people in Syria than it did in France. The Isis ideology is slaughtering far more people in the Arab world than it is in the Western world, and has and that was when a lot of these things took place, saying with al Qaeda, same with other extremists, they killed more in Nigeria than they are here. So it's not the problem is that these people exist at all, not necessarily where they exist, they shouldn't exist. They shouldn't think the things that they think, and that is a product of a diseased mind.
Speaker 1: Where the West.
Speaker 6: Again fails, or where supposed sort of smart people who are meant to be in charge fail, is when they give these acts a fig leaf of legitimacy. So again we're just talking about it before. If you are conditioned to think that Islamophobia is everywhere, or encourage people to see Islamophobia everywhere, then that is exactly what they are to do, and that then makes what you do next as a result of that more legitimate than it otherwise would be. And it's exactly the same as we've seen with the outrage and debate and protest over Israel and Palestine. People say, oh no, we're not anti jew we're just anti Zionist. Oh no, we don't hate Jewish people, we just hate the State of Israel or Israeli project. Then wouldn't you know it, You've got people torching cars or drawing swastikas on synagogues or doing whatever you've got potential hate crimes against Jewish properties. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before Jews are physically well. In fact, some Jewish people have been physically assaulted already. So again, and then all these people are doing these things. But it's okay because I was told by the left, by the cultural elites, that I was perfectly justified in my outrage and my fury because genocide, because apartheid. Because so again, if you fuel the if you legitimize this extremism and create a sort of political ideological, sort of infrastructure around it that makes it look normal, except makes it look sympathetic and okay, then that is exactly what these people are going to do. Islamophobia this person.
Speaker 3: A lot of people would say, this all goes back to Selman Rushian. Was it the eighties when he had a fart white issued against him. Instead of standing up midnight right at a free speech and instead of saying this is not on in the UK, politicians cowed to Islamists. Selman Rushbi went into hiding, and the lesson was learned. You can make these accusations work. Facto blasphemy laws and it works, and then you've got people who are willing to enforce them.
Speaker 2: So it's a major problem.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent Vigilante justice feels like, well, you guys approve of this right wrong. Back to Australia now we're speaking of a clash of the cultures. Senator Payment has taken Senator Pauline Hansen to task.
Speaker 5: This morning.
Speaker 4: Senator Pauline Hanson simply got up in the chamber and said, hey, look, no one is allowed to serve in this place as a senator or MP in Federal Parliament if they have duel citizenship. This is very clear in Section forty four. You simply can't do it. But she said, Senator Payman, we seem to have made some sort of acquiescence here because while Senator Payment has claimed to try to do a due diligence to relinquish her Afghani citizenship, she's not been successful. So we do indeed have a dual citizen in our Senate.
Speaker 5: Is this okay? Shouldn't we have an inquiry into this? Now? The inquiry didn't.
Speaker 4: Get up, but Payman was absolutely inceensed at this perfectly logical question by Senator Pauline Hansen. You would not believe Payman's reaction.
Speaker 5: Here's some of it.
Speaker 7: All that Senator Hansen does in this place is spread hatred, spread division, because that's what that's what you're made to do here. And it's outrageous, it is it. It's beyond comprehension.
Speaker 4: She then goes on to quote old quotes from Senator Pauline Hanson, saying how can you not consider these racism? And gosh, doesn't she work herself into a ladder?
Speaker 5: If that is not racist?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's not racist?
Speaker 7: Or somebody bring the dictionary because Senator Hanson does not know the definition of racism.
Speaker 4: The fact that you would say.
Speaker 7: Just weeks ago to Senator for rookie piss off back to Pakistan, You're not just vindictive, mean nasty, you bring disgrace to the human race, no dignity whatsoever as a.
Speaker 4: Senator, picking off, no dignity as a senator. The irony seems to be completely lost on payment there.
Speaker 5: What do you call this shrill tantrum?
Speaker 6: It's not lost on Ralph Babbitt, though, the said of the sitting behind her, He's expression, I just talk about just chewing up the scenery. This guy steals the show. It is amazing and he does it all without saying a word.
Speaker 4: You would, if you haven't been paying attention to send it to Ralph Babett sitting in the background.
Speaker 5: Here, here's one last clip. Pay attention to his facial expressions.
Speaker 7: But you know what, Santa Hanson, how do you live with yourself, Santa Hanson, with so much violent hatred? How do you live through your days spreading hatred?
Speaker 5: How do you go to sleep?
Speaker 7: How do you look your neighbors in the eye, knowing that you come to this place and spreading the vile hatred, the vile she's holding up yup business of the day because she is obsessed with me.
Speaker 5: Wow, well done.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, that wasn't embarrassing for you at all, Senator Payman. I mean, these kinds of outcries are just so embarrassing to watch. This rade went on for over five minutes, and then she finishes it by accusing Senator Pauline Hanson of being obsessed with her. You don't think you're a bit obsessed, Senator payment It's a perfectly logical inquiry that Hanson put up. I mean, we'd all love to know what you are doing in our Senate with a dual citizenship.
Speaker 5: Nobody else gets that privilege.
Speaker 4: In fact, between twenty seventeen and twenty and eighteen, fifteen members of Parliament were stood down, some by their own admission and.
Speaker 5: Others by the High Court because they.
Speaker 4: Were found to have duel citizenship. You don't get to do it. And Hanson, even after this to rage, believe it or not, she's not back down, says I'm still going to be looking into this because it's not lawful, which is perfectly fair.
Speaker 5: And then of.
Speaker 4: Course we had Senator Thorpe throwing Payper.
Speaker 6: Well, this is why I'm disappointed with Fatima Payment. I mean, she's just not taking it to the next level. She's already got a senatorial colleague who's pretty much in her exact same position, got elected with one party and then decided, I f you. I'm just going to sit by myself because you know reasons. And Senator Thorpe's going around, she's you know, she's barnstorming the King, she's tearing up Pauline Hanson's notes, she's flipping the bird, and Fatima Payment thinks she can just get up and say a few crosswords, and that's going to make the six o'clock news.
Speaker 1: Try harder, Senator, try harder. That's all.
Speaker 6: But yeah, there is so with the secrety forty four stuff. There is if you have taken The reason why everyone else got caught out is because they hadn't taken and reasonable steps to get rid of the articitisztenship. So she does have a defense where she can say, look, the Taliban's in charge of Afghanistan. I can't Actually, I've tried to get rid of it. I've sent them a.
Speaker 5: Letter, has taken those and he's asking for.
Speaker 3: Chris Bowen was sitting with the Teleiban just last week at the that was.
Speaker 6: To tackle climate change perfectly.
Speaker 3: He could have asked, it's not like the Taliban contactable. They're going to un events these days.
Speaker 6: After a hard day depriving women of the right to vote and girls of an education. This is I'd like to sit back and relax with the air conditioner onlike anyone else.
Speaker 1: That's why we need net zero.
Speaker 3: This issue with payment and her response is everything we've been talking about tonight, where pulling hands and raises a simple constitutional issue. How can you have dual citizenship? And still be sitting here. Should we not be asking questions and payment screens racism? And that's the problems and the earlier top xamp and goes on really too much DEI in our federal Senate.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Props to Senator Ralph Babett who made that very enjoyable.
Speaker 6: Best supporting actor Best Supporting Actor in emotion fature by one thousand.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But not all the politicians in this country are bad. And Joe, I know you've got your favorite, so tell us about one point.
Speaker 6: Thank you, I think, Thank god, right this, Thank you very much, James. This is a little segment I'm going to call spin one oh one.
Speaker 1: Right. This is how when you dealt with a crisis.
Speaker 6: When you've got you know, the local news corp tabloid up your wazoo, you know, searching for the rent. It's got a screaming headline saying.
Speaker 1: How dare you?
Speaker 6: How could you? This is how you handle it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: This is the Adelaide Advertiser this week and it had a great yarn, fantastic yarn where the Melanowskis government in South Australia. Peter Malinowskus, you may know him for being the second most handsome premier on the Australian main line. They had an article that found that he was hiring a spin doctor on a salary of over four hundred thousand dollars. And this is and this is just obviously absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Right and.
Speaker 6: They've screened it on the front page of going jumped up and down about it.
Speaker 1: Great yarn full props.
Speaker 2: Say Bill Shorten's speech, right, didn't think it was ridiculous?
Speaker 6: No, that's right, and I don't think it's ridiculous either. By the way, if anyone, if anyone wants to hire me, I'll do it for three ninety nine.
Speaker 1: So just think of the savings.
Speaker 6: But again, now, when these sort of scandals typically hit politicians or political leaders, what.
Speaker 1: Do you hear?
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, that's not true. What about the opposition they do it too? Oh no, you know that's a lie. Either the media has got it wrong again or no, actually, it's completely within the rules, et.
Speaker 1: Cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 6: What does Penn and Melanawskus do students of politics listen and take note?
Speaker 8: What's donne I think me is the prospect this person could get paid over four hundred grand a year. Turns out there was never the case. There was an advertising band, a band for wages or salary put in the ad online that went from two in a thirty thousand to four hundred and twenty nine. I spoke to the sea of DPC last night that ad is being he's decided to withdraw that ad.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 6: So the opposition actually came out and said, quote unquote, this doesn't pass the pub test, and Melanauskas came back in response and said, this doesn't.
Speaker 1: Pass the pub test. You're absolutely right. We're killing the ad, We're killing the position.
Speaker 6: They're not going to get that much.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. That is how you kill off a scandal. And it is just beautiful to see at least someone in politics who knows how.
Speaker 5: To do it and has any for the rest of labor.
Speaker 6: Him and Chris Mins. Just watch what they do. They are world class best of all.
Speaker 5: They can hold it a shop together.
Speaker 3: Trying best on that though when they say it doesn't pass the pub test, right, why are we spending.
Speaker 2: Two hundred three hundred four hundred k on spin doctors?
Speaker 3: They could just walk down to the local pub, run the policy or whatever.
Speaker 2: That gets sad. Do you drink for those they can have their.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you've bought a schooner in the last couple of months, mate, four hundred grand will probably get you about three rounds, So.
Speaker 1: Things go up.
Speaker 6: By way of contrast, this is how not to handle a crisis when you're faced by a massive controversy is blowing up in your face and it is backfiring terribly, and it's all over the enginet and everyone's just having a go at you. This is what not to do. Jaguar, of course, very famously put out and ad recently in which there were no cars. It was an egg for Jaguars without any jaguars. Instead, there were various people, and this did seem to cover every race, gender, sexuality and everything. Have a look, it's just I mean this to me, screams E Series V twelve. I just don't even know what it was.
Speaker 4: Basically a pile of androgynous looking people you can't quite tell whose male or female, wearing a pile of ridiculous outfits. They sit down, stand up. It starts by them coming out of a lift. Nothing about it makes sense and certainly nothing.
Speaker 5: Hearts back to Jaguar.
Speaker 6: Just like B, trans B, gender fluid, B, non binary, shag whoever you want as often as you want, good on your I'm married. I wish I could too, but that's all over for me. I'm just saying I've got my lovely wife at home and got huge.
Speaker 3: Accordingly, then how did the Jaguar boss handle all the flat.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you asked, mister Bicpherson.
Speaker 1: I thought we should ask ahead of jar.
Speaker 6: I was just you know, I like to talk about problems at home, you know, in separate beds. But we're still very emotionally. We've agreed that, you know, we're not ready to start seeing other people. But anyway, so the head of Jaguar land Rover has actually come out and this is these ads are getting absolutely buried, right you want to you want to talk about the ratio?
Speaker 1: These are numbers.
Speaker 6: They've got quantum physicists, they've got mathematicians from Harvard University, from m I T trying to figure out just how high.
Speaker 1: The ratio is.
Speaker 6: Anyway, so the head of Jaguar land Rover, his name is Rawd and Glover, which is about it needs an extra hyphen has doubled down, and Hey has said, if we play in the same way that everybody else does, we'll just get drowned out. So we shouldn't turn up like an auto brand. We need to re establish our brand and at a completely different price point, so we need to act differently. We wanted to move away from traditional automotive stereotypes. So now it's not just straight white males that are stereotypes, it's straight white automobiles.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean they're moving away from stereotypes. They moved away from automobiles altogether.
Speaker 2: But it was worse than that.
Speaker 3: He accused people of criticizing the ad of quote vile, hatred, and intolerance, a blaze of intolerance to called it. So not only did he offend Jaguar owners, but then Jaguar owners who dared to say, gee, we don't like your ad. That he went further and accused them of being hateful, vile and in toller.
Speaker 6: Accuse your customers, accuse your customers of being biggots.
Speaker 1: Always always come back.
Speaker 5: Isn't that the same?
Speaker 1: No, they should smash stereotypes.
Speaker 6: Why should cars have to have things that we associate with them traditionally, like wheels.
Speaker 3: On that note, we're going to go to a break when we come back. But look at what's making news tomorrow, including Sydney residents told not to wash their clothes, all their dishes because it's.
Speaker 2: Not enough electricity. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's check out tomorrow's papers, Joe, You've got the Australian and apparently we're.
Speaker 2: In the middle of a severe heatwave.
Speaker 6: Yes, Chris Bowen, Yes, well you wouldn't know this, but apparently it was a little bit hot in Sydney today it's a little bit. Yes, in Penrith it is, I believe on fire. It is seriously so hot, especially Western Sydney that copped it in the neck. And this brings us to the question of what we do when it's really hot. Well, the answer, according to Gumman author it is, is not the dishes. The answers. Do not put on the dishruptioner, don't put on your washing machine, don't put on anything energy intensive like you know, air conditioning. Now you're allowed to put on air conditioning, but they say held off doing other appliances. And this, of course has raised a few eyebrows because we are a first world country. Mildly hot major problems is.
Speaker 1: The big pig splash and the OS.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow, climate Change Minister Chris Bowen will declare renewables are the only solution to the nation's energy wos and put the blame for volatility in the electricity grid on coal fired power stations. After New South Wales residents we're told to avoid using dishwashers, washing machines and pull filter pumps quite important on a hot day what I thought to prevent blackouts, so this is not hugely uncommon on super hot days. We had the former climate change Minister for the coalition, Matt Keane, who I know is a favorite of liberals and conservatives across the nation, but he said the same thing and absolutely copped it. And then strangely the Energy Minister, Penny Sharp went said the same thing, and then Chris Mins said the same thing, but in a much more calm and sensible and handsome fashion. But it has raised questions as to why we do not have enough reliable, secure based load power for people to be able to run their appliances on hot days. And Chris Bowen has come out and said, well, actually this is because two I think it's two coal five power stations were offline because of faults or maintenance. So it's all coal's fault for not working. And of course other people are saying no, it's all renewable's fault because the reason the three to eight pm window is the the boat and zone for using those heavy energy appliances is because that is when solar power starts to die down.
Speaker 3: I've got to say, I think the headline in the Australian is absolutely right.
Speaker 2: It was mildly hot. It wasn't a severe weak wave.
Speaker 3: Sure it might have been the nine at Penrith, but at most of Sydney it was around thirty degrees.
Speaker 1: Most of Sydney pretty harm summer.
Speaker 3: And on top of that for Chris Bow and then to blame coal fired power stations for having maintenance when the governments provide absolutely zero incentive. In fact, they've provided disincentive to keep coal fired power stations well maintained. I mean for him to blame a heat wave and the coal, and especially when and Simon Benson points it out brilliantly in a column on the front page as well, that you know, coal is the cause of climate change and if only we had a bit more coal then now electricity would have been fine today you can't have.
Speaker 4: I mean we have already have had the blackouts in the CBD yesterday and certain parts of Western Sydney as well. They didn't have power for hours and hours and they were told, oh, it's a really hot day. And then the Osgrid themselves said, actually, this has nothing to do with the fact that.
Speaker 5: It's a hot day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now the clown show just continues. Right.
Speaker 6: Well, look, you might think that Chris Bowen's claims are ridiculous, us James I would just say hold my beer, because John Sector has some claims his own. In particular, it is a PTSD compo claim. John Secca, the infamous former head of the Victorian Division of the CFMEU and all round great guy, he has launched since he's been ousted, and you just would not believe this. He has launched a claim for post traumatic stress disorder. He's seeking, i think a four hundred thousand dollars compensation claim for the workers' comp claim, alleging he's suffering post traumatic stress disorder from a deterioration in his mental health while running the Militant Construction Union.
Speaker 9: At least we like at least they focused on deterioration of other people's physical health rather the mental health had has said to be a side effect of that.
Speaker 2: For PTSD, I thought, oh, gee, did he have to deal with the union? He was running it, that's right.
Speaker 1: How dare you call me a union thug? Word's hurt you know?
Speaker 5: Feelings to the front bag of the Canberra Times.
Speaker 4: Now, bullying still haunts Home Affairs staff at Home Affairs have again scored the department worst for bullying and harassment, with new data showing the rate of poor behavior has worse set I.
Speaker 1: Thought to.
Speaker 4: Say that, like last year, more than half of the perceived bullying went unreported, so at least Home Affairs can say, well, hang on a minute, we thought we were.
Speaker 1: Half that bad.
Speaker 4: The rest of them just took it on the nose and didn't tell us.
Speaker 5: But have come out in these.
Speaker 4: Surveys and for second place in the bullying and harassment.
Speaker 5: Stakes there's a three way.
Speaker 4: Tie Ladies and Gentlemen by the Department of Agriculture, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Department of Veterans Affairs.
Speaker 5: They have the next highest rate of perceived bullying at twelve percent.
Speaker 3: Of their employees can I just say, unlucky for the Home Affairs Department to be on the front page of the Canberra Times for bullying where Senator Payment she pursued bump them off the front page and taken number one spot.
Speaker 6: Let's go to the town I say, just as a public service James and I feel like Australians now just two words class action John Setka and the Canberra bureaucrats.
Speaker 1: Wow, get together, lawyer up.
Speaker 6: Quite unlikely to take on the Federal Public Service and the CFMU.
Speaker 1: At the same time for their pts.
Speaker 6: For the PTSD, it just makes sense.
Speaker 2: Nothing would surprise.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the front page of the Townsville bulletin Mayor's costs to hamm up ratepayers.
Speaker 2: The headline says take us for a ride.
Speaker 3: Ratepayers will be slogged them extra seventy two thousand dollars as ousted Mayor Troy Thompson, who pretty much features on the front page of the Council.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they're going to put on their front page.
Speaker 1: As a man is a media's best friend, he's putting his.
Speaker 2: Feet up for twelve months.
Speaker 3: It can be revealed now for those who aren't familiar Troy Thompson was elected mayor and then after being elected there were claims that he misled voters about his military business and university qualifications.
Speaker 2: There's currently a Crime and.
Speaker 3: Corruption Commission inquiry into those claims. The state government could have just sacked him. Instead, they've decided to suspend him for twelve months while and investigate. How can investigation take twelve months to work out whether or not he like.
Speaker 5: He lied about a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Well, it's allegations, But meanwhile Townsville ratepayers are paying for him to sit and do nothing while this investment, and they're paying.
Speaker 5: For the investigation.
Speaker 6: Maybe he's lying about how much money he's getting to do nothing. Let's go to the Gold Coast bulletin now and this is again, this is a story that's kept the nation with baited breath. The state messed up in Molly Magpie saga. Queensland's Department of Environment admits it quote made an error unquote after a bombshell court judgment set aside a special license granted to the Gold Coast Cares of Molly. The Magpie is the latest twist in the Saga of Molly, made famous on social media for its relationship with a dog named Peggy. Call me o fact, I don't believe in cross species relationships.
Speaker 2: That saga continues to unfold.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break. When we come back. The Trump dance taking the world by storm. We might even get Liz and Joe to do a little bit of Trump dancing.
Speaker 2: That's in a moment, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, who would have guessed that Donald Trump would be responsible for a dance craze list that's gone all around the world.
Speaker 4: That Donald Trump dance has become an absolute phenomenon, especially now that athletes around the world have taken to performing this after they've done something really cool on.
Speaker 5: The field or on the court. So one day taken to social media.
Speaker 4: To help out those who may not be so good at the moves, to give them a step by step play by play for one one on how to pull this off at home. Sure, I love it, I absolutely love it. That kid's got the moves. What he didn't do, though, is put his head down. Trump always puts his head down. If you want to do the authentic og, it's not staring at the camera doing the thing.
Speaker 5: You've got to put your head down and do it like this.
Speaker 6: Everybody see, okay, I just want to click that up. You've got to put your head down and do it like this.
Speaker 5: This is not an R and B song, all right?
Speaker 1: Sorry, So of the.
Speaker 6: Three times context, context is important, people, Context is important. There's nothing to do, nothing else, just encourageable. No, I'm terribly sorry. I'm going to clean up my act. No more, no more, double on tundras. This next story is about a woman who was surprised by a giant snake, and they thought I'd be the perfect person to introduce it. Yes, an Australian woman got the fight of her life. When you open a garage door an enormous carpet python, just wait for it, wait for it, wait for it.
Speaker 4: I would have thought someone was pranking me. How don't you literally fly out at you like, hey, how's it going?
Speaker 2: It looks like I reckon.
Speaker 3: She knew there was a snake there, but she just didn't expect them to swing out like that. When we lived in towns Well, we got a snake coiled up in our roller door as well, so I kept going up, down, up, down, up down, trying to get it caught in the gears to kill it. But survived and so can.
Speaker 6: We mash up James going up down, up down, up down with this store going you.
Speaker 1: Just that's enough.
Speaker 4: That's a wrap from us, ladies in gentlemen. I hope the kids are in bed. We apologize for Joe Hildebrand and his explicit content.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for your company tonight. That's all we've got time for. We'll be back tomorrow night. But stick around because coming up in just a moment is to read a Penney show.
Speaker 2: Good night