Speaker 1: On scone Lits Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panehy Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panehy Show. I'm Danikiti Giorgio coming up. Donald Trump receives a rock star reception as he arrives at the Republican Convention with a bandaged ear. Caroline Derusso was there. We will speak to her.
Speaker 4: About that momentous moment.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden gaslights America again over his inflammatory anti Trump rhetoric.
Speaker 4: Josh Hammer will join us.
Speaker 3: Rumors of a major rift between tennis star Venus Williams and Prince Harry and Meghan d. D. Dunlevy has the latest up to twenty CFMU delegates in Victoria. We're reportedly members of Outlaw Motorcycle Games or have links to.
Speaker 4: Vikis and of course.
Speaker 3: Left He's losing it and the Donald Trump meltdowns get even weirder.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that I will ever try to assassinate a presidential candidate. All I'm saying is that if I went to all the trouble, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Miss Joining me now is Sky News contributor Gary Hardgrave. Gary, lovely to see you, Thanks for joining us. Let's start with former Home Affairs Secretary Mike Pizzulo, who is calling for a major security boost for MPs now. Speaking after the attempted assassination of Donald Trump and the recent vandalism of electorate officers by pro Palestine protesters, mister Pizzolo said there had not been a comprehensive review of security in Australia since after the Hilton bombing in nineteen seventy eight. Gary, do you think security needs to be bolstered for MPs.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's right.
Speaker 6: I think there's been a constant renewal of information about MP's security and circumstances on a daily basis. I mean, my understanding and nobody ever really talks about security arrangements, is that all members of Parliament are protected by a variety of means, and I don't think we go into the details. That's really the point in Danika, I mean to me, In fact, he's actually said there's not been any upgrade. I think is a bit frightening in itself, and I think it's a bit irresponsible. If he's going to have these conversations, then shut the heck up and actually talk to somebody quietly about it and do it because you know, at different stages of my time in the Australian Parliament, particularly as the Minister, I had close personal protection. Admittedly it was during very heightened tensions after nine to eleven and after what happened with the Barley bombings, and they were during travel in other countries. Now I didn't go into the detail of that, nor do I need to, but I know of other members of Parliament who at different times were also subjected to close personal protection during these times of uncertainty.
Speaker 1: It's reasonable that they were.
Speaker 6: I know of one of my former minister or colleagues and a couple of them had this over the time who said they couldn't have a family event without the police officers being nearby, that is the Federal Police to protection people. In fact, their street was probably the safest street in the suburb because people were being checked on the way and the way out.
Speaker 1: But you know, we don't talk.
Speaker 6: About these things, nor should we talk about these things. The mere fact is that members of Parliament are protected. They are protected. But of course we are a free and open society and so obviously some people take risks they shouldn't taken, and sometimes things could happen, but I think Brazila has a bit of responsible raising this myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I completely agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think as well, people are just so on edge because of what happened in America that you know, now.
Speaker 4: Suddenly everyone's talking about it. But look, Gary, I want.
Speaker 3: To talk to you about the CFMU because it's placed it's troubled Victorian branch into administration and it's set up an inquiry to investigate allegations of a criminal links severe bullying and intimidation. But it's now been revealed up to twenty delegates in Victoria well either members of outlaw motorcycle games or have links to bikis.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 3: Firstly, why has this union not been deregistered yet?
Speaker 6: I don't know, but of course I think because they've been a milscow, a major fundraiser for the Labor Party. Tens of millions of dollars have gone into Labor Party coffers all over the country from this union and of course Donega. It's a complete Ponzi scheme. They have links into outlaw motorcycle gangs who run drugs, who then affect people on work sites, who then create dangerous situations on work sites, which the CFME you say, they are the only ones that can arbitrate on whether a work site is safe or not, so pay us more. Then they hold governments and businesses and private citizens to ransom over the cost of all of these extra precautions that need to go in there under the guise of safety. I mean, everywhere you turn, this union is driving up the cost of living. You can't build a backyard barbecue in suburban Brisbane right now without paying the price for the bricks and indeed the mortar and also the concrete and the steel.
Speaker 1: That's governed by the cost of a tax funded.
Speaker 6: Building site controlled by the CFMEU in the middle of the town. So every one of us are paying more for everything we try and build. Delays effected in unions of running closed shops. They've shut down the Cross River rail project, a project that's tripled or quadrupled in price in Brisbane, for instance. So it's not just Victoria, it's not just Queensland. In the Act, they're now saying they one us great at say on what happens in the government there. All around the country, Tens of millions of dollars have gone to the labor Party as donations. You know, that's why they haven't acted on it, and that is the reality that Australians are suffering from, and that's.
Speaker 4: The frightening part about it, Gary spot On.
Speaker 3: Now, Green's leader Adam Bant says the party has replaced Labor as the quote authentic party of the center left. In a pre election challenged Anthony Albanezi, Adam Band says the minor party would adopt stronger policies to fight and equality, strengthen the social safety net and sharpen Australia is.
Speaker 4: Foreign policy independence.
Speaker 3: God help us Gary in the event of a minority government under the Labor Greens Party, and.
Speaker 6: Good on Denega for calling it out because it really is a case of we will need God's intervention here. This is a mob who believe in no nations. They actually believe in internationalism. They believe in subscribing to what it is the woke left are doing to the world right now, and be at climate change, be at the COVID crisis that they confected. They do not want nations to have currencies of their own. They want internationalized currencies through things like cryptocurrency. They want control of every part of our daily life. And if you again want to talk about cost of living factors, this green tape that's been introduced into every building project, the way in which homes can't be built now unless they conform to international requirements. Add to that the Blue Tape from the United Nations, and you can factor in, for that matter, the Black tape associated with Indigenous rights. Driven by this extreme green agenda and the red tape of government. We are drowning. We are drowning on all of this tape. And when you see somebody a great Australian, one of the greatest living Australians, Jena Reinhardt, Jenna Reinhardt had forty nine hundred and fifty different pieces of paper forms she had to fill in for that massive roy Hill mining project. You know, the biggest iron ore state of Australia, Western Australia, and the biggest iron ore mine in that state had forty nine hundred and fifty pieces of approval. The Green's dream for Australia is for us to drown in that sort of bureaucracy and for our lives to be controlled.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, they'll have a happy time, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck to us with the de facto Prime Minister Adam Bant.
Speaker 4: That's going to be a disaster. Gary, Now I have.
Speaker 3: A look at this polling because support for the Federal Coalition has increased as the majority of Ossie's believed the country is heading in the wrong direction.
Speaker 4: Who would have thought that's according to the latest Resolved Strategic poll.
Speaker 3: In nine news papers, it found the Coalition has increased its primary vote from thirty six to thirty eight percent compared to Labours twenty eight percent, the lowest level it's been since the Prime Minister took office. Gary, how should we read this boost for the Coalition?
Speaker 6: Well, I hope it encourages Peter Dutton to continue to do what he's been doing, and that is to think not just about the next election, but the next generation. To think in a way that says, how do we build a stronger and greater Australia. To borrow a paraphrase from another great person in the Northern Hemisphere, I mean Peter Dutton has to imagine what Australia needs to be in twenty years from now. It's not just about twenty weeks from now when an election might be called.
Speaker 1: This has to be about nation building.
Speaker 6: It has to be about purpose, about delivering on the Australian promise that so many people have migrated to this country wanted. They came here for better opportunities, They came here because they wanted their kids to be able to achieve better than they themselves have achieved.
Speaker 1: So Peter Dutton has to continue to.
Speaker 6: Outline that, you know, nuclear power is one element of it, because what he's saying is let's end the moratorium, let's stop turning our back on this as a form of electricity generation. So I think that kind of momentum will continue providing Peter Dutton is allowed to be unfettered by those from the left within the Liberal Party, and there are those who are trying to drag him away from this kind of forward thinking agenda, and I think he'll get rewards. But look, Tanika, thirty eight doesn't win you an election. It's got to have a four in front of it. Twenty eight certainly shouldn't win you an election, but Anthony Albanezi Snack came on thirty two point six percent last time plus Green preferences, so the possibility of those crazy Greens running Australia is real. And Dutton has to be given the support he needs to do the job that Australia has to have done for it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you're right.
Speaker 3: It's now imperative on Peter Dutton to keep going with this narrative because.
Speaker 4: Another few more year he is of elbow.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Gary Hargrave, good to have you on. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump is America's survivor, making the entrance of all entrances at the Republican Convention in his first appearance since.
Speaker 4: Surviving an assassination attempt.
Speaker 7: Please he is welcome the next President of the United States, Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump, you have.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow to live work from my life.
Speaker 9: Who died?
Speaker 3: It looks just like a scene out of Rocky, doesn't it, complete with the bandaged ear had Lisa to the crowd. Raw Trump is now America's survivor.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: Someone who was in the crowd at the time was Skyny, his host to Caroline Derusso, who had a front row seat at the Republican Convention. Caroline, thank you so much for joining us. What was it like being there?
Speaker 4: Describe the atmosphere to us.
Speaker 11: Well, it's actually been really interesting. I've been there all day and even from very early on in the day when things were just warming up. You could really see that there was only one show in town. It was just so completely disciplined.
Speaker 4: All day.
Speaker 9: It was all about Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: It was all about obviously him surviving the assassination attempt on the weekend. The delegates gave their votes earlier in the day for the nomination. Then obviously we had the announcement of A.
Speaker 9: JD.
Speaker 11: Vance as the vice president candidate. But what was just so interesting was it was all about Trump. Everyone has been energized all day. There has just been so much enthusiasm, and Americans are enthusiastic anyway, but the man arrives and the crowd just almost.
Speaker 9: Didn't know what to do with themselves.
Speaker 12: All day.
Speaker 11: They have been Donald Trump and God bless America absolutely.
Speaker 3: And have a look at this vision here of when Trump came in at the crowds.
Speaker 4: This is what happened. Incredible is it a Caroline? They love him.
Speaker 3: They're chanting fight, fight, Fight. How momentous was that moment. I mean, he survives an assassination attempt just days ago, and here he is now standing proud at the convention.
Speaker 11: And he has always said that he was all about fighting for the everyday American and it's like it doesn't matter what gets thrown at him, he keeps going. And they do want things to be different. They do want people to fight for them. And you know what's been really interesting, Danika, Much like a lot of the conversation we've been having at home in Australia.
Speaker 9: It's all about cost of living.
Speaker 11: It's all about housing, it's all about inflation, it's all about the cost of petrol.
Speaker 9: So people just want opportunity.
Speaker 11: People want someone to fight for them so that the America that they know and love they can have back.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, I think your spot on there now.
Speaker 3: There was also an iconic YMCA trup dancing montage that I played to the crowd.
Speaker 1: This was it.
Speaker 4: We've got a bit of it for.
Speaker 13: Us, Caroline, did you dance and clap along too?
Speaker 4: To the YMCA.
Speaker 9: This was actually my highlight of the whole day.
Speaker 11: It was so well done, it was so sassy and the crowds you quite right, everyone was dancing along. Everyone was absolutely in the best spirits. But obviously we see little bits of those clips.
Speaker 9: It was great that they put them all together.
Speaker 11: They put it to my NCAA which for us in Australia is probably a little cheesy.
Speaker 9: Because it's not something that we would.
Speaker 11: Do necessarily, but the Republican audience in America absolutely loved it. That there was my highlight of the day, to be honest, that's also it's certainly look why everyone was having so much fun in that moment.
Speaker 3: Now, Caroline, there was a real hilarious moment at the convention when Donald Trump Junior told an MSNBC reporter to get lost after he started lying about his father.
Speaker 4: Have a look at this clip.
Speaker 14: What is that change going to look like?
Speaker 15: Don what practically your father as president? I think you would even say it was a divisive figure. What's it going to look like in the second term.
Speaker 10: I don't think he was a divisive figure at all. I think the media created divisiveness around him. They lied about Russia, Russia collusion, They said he was a trader. They went after him in every which way is possible if the media actually starts being an honest broker talking about the things that he did, the prosperity he brought, the peace deals that he signed around the world, rather than the disaster that we're living right now. I think you do everyone in the country big favor.
Speaker 15: I know if aggration's important, Jim, I covered the family separation crisis closely. When we continue to see policies like separating five thousand children deliberately from their parents.
Speaker 10: You mean the Obama administration, and which you know they didn't do that, sir, Sure will there be a second family separation policy? It's MSDNC. So I expect nothing less from you clowns, even today, even forty eight hours later. You couldn't wait. You couldn't wait with your lives and with your nonsense. So just get out of.
Speaker 4: Here, Caroline.
Speaker 3: How's the nerve of the left wing media? And got on him for telling them where to go?
Speaker 9: And it knows no bounds.
Speaker 11: This is the exact same media that has been running a protection racket for the president for the last two years, as you and I and many others have seen him absolutely slip over that period of time, and then all of a sudden after that debate, they are all immediately shocked that the president is looking a little old, in a little frowl and might not quite be up to it. That is exactly the same media that John Trump Junior was talking to there. So look, there is a massive ass covering exercise going on in the mainstream media at the US. It feels like at the moment and that there what he got, he absolutely deserved.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, he totally deserved that. Good on Donald Trump Jr.
Speaker 3: Now, speaking of Eric Trump, he has described the attempted assassination of his father as scary as hell. In an exclusive interview with Sky New's Washington correspondent and Alisa Wilson.
Speaker 4: At that convention, just spokely, how's you a doing.
Speaker 2: He's doing well, He's doing well.
Speaker 4: Scary as hell.
Speaker 10: That should not happen. You know, we will size life Larry flash before our eyes and who was far or too close?
Speaker 2: It should never have happened.
Speaker 10: But these remarkable waters got tremendous spirit and now we're going to win this.
Speaker 3: MCNAMA seeing yeah, Caroline, that gives us a bit of a glimpse of just how terrifying it really was for the whole family.
Speaker 4: It did look as though security was beefed.
Speaker 3: Up at the convention, especially when Donald Trump walked in. Did you notice extra security there?
Speaker 9: Well, all day?
Speaker 11: And obviously I've not been to a convention before, so I don't have a previous example to compare it to.
Speaker 9: But from the very moment that we all arrived today.
Speaker 11: There was a lot of security, and there was security absolutely everywhere. Obviously all of our bags got checked on the way and we all got scanned.
Speaker 9: They had ones and everything.
Speaker 11: You know, fences up all around, police and police not just secret but you know, police from all around the country here at the convention. So there's a huge amount of security at the event, which no doubt there would have been to an extent anyway, but given the events of the weekend, it's totally understandable.
Speaker 9: And for Eric Trump, you know, we can talk about this person, the president all we like.
Speaker 11: He is still someone's father, right, he still has family, and I'm sure for that family, it was an absolutely terrifying moment to think that someone was aiming a gun at your parent.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's unfathomable, to say the least.
Speaker 3: Caroline Derus, so great to have you on. Good to hear about your experiences at the convention.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 9: Pleasure still to come.
Speaker 3: Left He's a losing it Trump derangement syndrome Addition Volume two and Josh Hamer on Trump's VP pick.
Speaker 4: Is it a smart choice? Now?
Speaker 3: It's time for lefties losing it. It's what you've been waiting for. Here is another edition of Trump derangement syndrome, talk about warped and weird. Starting with our friends over at the View for their odd.
Speaker 4: Take on the assassination attempt.
Speaker 16: It was, you know, a twenty year old lone wolf, white whack job with easy access toy gun. And we have to have a conversation about that because it wasn't a drag queen, it wasn't an immigrant, it wasn't a pissed off liberal woman.
Speaker 17: The shooter, Yes, it was a twenty year old kitchen worker from nearby Bethel Park in Pennsylvania. According to a CNN reporter, Senior law enforcement officials said that he bought fifty rounds of ammunition from a local gun store hours before the rally. Shouldn't that have been reported? Somebody buys a twenty year old white guy. I mean we've seen that many times now, young white men with guns.
Speaker 3: He's a view seriously trying to blame this all on white men.
Speaker 4: Of course they are. What else would we expect from those loons?
Speaker 3: Now Here is a fascinating account of what happened in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Take it away, jenck Huga.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, Trump's beans shot.
Speaker 15: When he got up, he was bleeding from the ear, but he seemed perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: He's not dead, He's fine. Like my best guess, and this is just a guess, because he was just shot, is that he.
Speaker 4: Was.
Speaker 2: It looked like a BB gun or something.
Speaker 3: Yes, ober to you, FBI, it was a BB gun. Now has someone checked in on this next guy because he seems to have given attempted murders a heck of a lot of thought.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that I will ever try to assassinate a presidential candidate. All I'm saying is that if I went through all of that trouble, I wouldn't miss I wouldn't raise that, he wouldn't be able to raise a fist.
Speaker 2: I would finish the shun.
Speaker 4: What can we say? The left truly unhinged lunatics.
Speaker 18: A few people who think it was staged HI, And to be fair, I've seen employees at Clayer's with the ram. I guess when you have bone spurs that bad, that's the closest you're actually going to get to any action. But as they say, in any other p PW related incident, I thought some prayers, I guess no thought.
Speaker 3: Some prayers for you, my dear, and check out Tenacious D at their concert right here in Australia.
Speaker 9: Do this trump next time?
Speaker 4: And that was Todacious D taking D for deranged a little too seriously. Deport them, get rid of them. What do I want you here now? Wouldn't be left.
Speaker 3: He's losing it without the gender benders. Here is a brand spaking. You use a manual to know if you're gender fluid.
Speaker 2: You have tried to be trans.
Speaker 19: There are some days that you just aren't, and you know you're not sis Number two, if you've ever tracked your gender fluctuations to try to get sense of this whole thing. Tracking your gender like clears everything up. Number three, you taught yourself to tuck or pack or tried on some fake boobs and it felt so right that you cried so much that you didn't want to take them off, But then the next day they didn't feel like anything at all. Number four, you have come out at least three times as three different things. I'm bisexual, No, I'm pansexual, No, I'm trans, No, I'm gender fluid. No, I'm a gender fluid trans woman.
Speaker 4: Look, I know the.
Speaker 3: Feeling I too, have come out at least three times as three different things, tired, hungry, and grumpy, happy all the time. Maybe I need that user friendly manual. Now we all know about National Pride.
Speaker 4: We'll move over. There's a new kid in town. Did you know?
Speaker 7: Pan Pride is a day meant to recognize pen sexual and pan romantics people's efforts to be accepted and understood within.
Speaker 12: The community, whereas Pan Visibility Day, which is on me twenty fourth, is aimed to celebrate and recognize those who identify with pan sexuality or are pan romantic.
Speaker 3: Now, look, admittedly I thought she was talking there about frying pans, but thank goodness she clarified that one.
Speaker 7: Today, when it comes to romantic and sexual attraction, many pan sexual people refer to themselves as genderblind. This is usually defined as not being limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity.
Speaker 4: So not talking about kitchen utensils. Whoops.
Speaker 3: Now this college student who identifies as non binary is lending a helping hand, offering some words of wisdom on how kids can notify their teachers before the school year begins that they too are non binary.
Speaker 20: So let's talk about an easy way to go about that and maybe avoid that first day like embarrassing moments.
Speaker 4: So what I did for most.
Speaker 20: Of high school where I was out as non binary, I emailed all of my teachers beforehand. It's good to get that over with ahead of time.
Speaker 9: And it saves you having to do it face to face.
Speaker 20: It saves them from dead naming you, misgendering you in front of a group, and then you having to correct them, which is a whole hassle. So it's really easy to do this, or you can even handwrite a note if you can't email them, and give it to them right.
Speaker 9: As you walk in the door.
Speaker 20: And I hope that saves a little bit of embarrassment and stress and discomfort and just dysphoria for anyone who's starting off the school year and is a little nervous. As a future teacher, I know that a lot of teachers want to help the.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently that's the future of the education department right there, Ladies and gentlemen. Not even schools a safe from the lefties, And take a look at this ingenious proposal for kids.
Speaker 21: Can't trust a child to themselves and their body.
Speaker 11: Therefore, I propose that at all children be put on puberty blockers before they hit puberty.
Speaker 21: If they're not trans, cool, they can get off puberty blockers and continue puberty as they were. And if they are trends, then you just save them a lot of emotional pain from the secondary sex characteristics they have.
Speaker 4: If you say that.
Speaker 21: Kids are too young to know whether or not they are trans, then that means that kids are too young to know whether or not they are sis.
Speaker 4: You know, she's exactly how I pictured her to look.
Speaker 3: They all look the same, don't they when they make their deranged commentary?
Speaker 4: Of course? I mean it makes total sense destroy a.
Speaker 3: Generation with puberty blockers in case they may or may not want to give the trans world a crack. Now, do everyone's favorite transactivist Jeffrey Mush been waiting for him to pop up?
Speaker 4: Well, cue that juke box, jeff ew leg hair always got me in the mood.
Speaker 3: And guess what JKI Rowling still leaves rent free in his head?
Speaker 8: Is JK Rowling part of a global hate group?
Speaker 2: The United Nations said Yes.
Speaker 8: UN Women released a statement, this is the Council at the United Nations that looks at women's rights globally. They announced the statement saying the gender critical movement, which is what they call themselves aka the Turfs, are part of a global movement to undermine women's rights. Turfs hold a hierarchy in their mind of which women are better than other women and like my eyes were like BOI at this part of the statement, Turfs are involved in these interesting hobbies in addition to undermining feminism around the world.
Speaker 4: Here's your definitive answer.
Speaker 8: Every time somebody is like JK. Rowling is not she's not really transphobic as she send them over to the United Nations. Thanks for fighting, and thank you for being part of our movement of peace and love and kindness.
Speaker 3: Bye, oh, Jeffrey, the United Nations. What a credible organization. And we have to end on CN and commentator Van Jones losing his mind over Trump's u VP jd Vance.
Speaker 22: Jd Vance is an ideological nationalist. That's a much more dangerous virus because he can make this You can polish this stuff and make it seem palatable to people. He can sell this stuff to Silicon Valley, you can sell this stuff other places.
Speaker 1: And when it does, is it locks.
Speaker 22: The Republican Party on a pathway that I think is dangerous for the world again. The Ukrainians are now in deep trouble. NATO is now in deep trouble. Trump, is you get gone with Nikki Haley and single to the world. Hey listen, I got a gift stuff to my base, but I'm not going to abandon the world.
Speaker 1: This pick is a horror on the world stage.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the news we have been waiting for.
Speaker 3: Ohio Senator jd Vance has been selected by Donald Trump as his vice president.
Speaker 23: This is an announcement on truth social by former President Trump. He has selected Ohio Senator jd Vance as his vice presidential pick.
Speaker 4: And this is what he writes.
Speaker 23: After lengthy deliberation and thought, and considering the tremendous talents of many others, I have decided that the person best suited to assume the position of Vice President of the United States is jed Vance of the great state of Ohio.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Newsweek Senior Editor at Large and Article three Projects Senior Counsel, Josh Hammer.
Speaker 4: Josh, great to see you.
Speaker 3: Look, it was only a few months ago you actually made the case for jd Vance. Tell us a bit about him and why you think he is. Indeed, the best pick to be Trump's running night.
Speaker 24: Yeah, look, I am thrilled. I am absolutely overjoyed. I am over the moon for someone who I've considered to be a friend for a few years.
Speaker 14: Now, which is JD.
Speaker 1: Evans.
Speaker 14: And it's not just that he's a personal friend.
Speaker 24: He actually also happens to be the very best pick that Donald Trump could have made at this precise moment.
Speaker 14: So let me explain why that is the case.
Speaker 24: If you go from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty, and you compare Trump's exit polling from one election to the next, he actually made inroads in basically every demographic imaginable, whether it's Blacks, Latinos, young voters, immigrants, essentially every demographic other than the demographics that actually delivered him the twenty sixteen election, White working class and middle class voters, especially in the Heartland in the Midwest, in the rust belt areas, places like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, the voters who came out and droves to deliver those three key Midwestern states to Donald Trump in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 14: JD.
Speaker 24: Evans is the guy who literally wrote the best selling book Hill Billy Elgy. He is the guy who can bring those voters back to home on the campaign trail. He's also someone who's only thirty nine years old. I'm thirty five. We're both millennials. JD speaks, I think to our generation's frustrations with how our prior generations, how the Boomers frankly have really sold out younger Americans when it comes to the neoliberal agenda, when it comes to free trade as a value unto itself. But you know, it happens to be that that trade comes up the expense of manufacturing of resilient supply chains and good, well paying jobs. Here on the home front, it happens to be that those neoliberal elites of the boomer generation have engaged in all sorts of effeckless boondoggles overseas. On a foreign policy state here, JD. Van is a very eloquent spokesman for those particular causes there. He's also just in line with where the party is right now. He is the man for the moment. His views on the future of the right, on the future of American conservatism, on the future of all the major issues immigration, trade, foreign policy, political economy.
Speaker 14: He is in touch.
Speaker 24: He has his finger on the pulse and he's very, very, very well spoken on the campaign trail as well. He's the right peck And again, I'm just so personally thrilled at this.
Speaker 3: Oh look, I mean, I think you're right as well about that youth factor because he brings something different to the table.
Speaker 4: I've got to say. Josh's interesting because.
Speaker 3: It hasn't always been smooth sailing for JD. Vance and Trump. He once called him America's hitler. But here is JD. Van's admitting that he was wrong about the former president.
Speaker 25: I didn't think he was going to be good President Brett. He was a great president, and it's one of the reasons why I'm working so hard to make sure he gets a second term. I think you should when you're wrong about something, you should change your mind and be honest with people about that fact.
Speaker 4: Josh's JD.
Speaker 3: Van's a bit of a secret weapon almost because he's about to convert more people like he had to himself.
Speaker 24: Yeah, you know, I find that very relatable because it's very similar to my own trajectory. So back in twenty sixteen in the Republican presidential primary, I was just graduating law school at the time. I was a very outspoken supporter the time of Senator Ted Cruz's presidential campaign, and I actually got a shout out and as I will call because his victory speech. I was very active in the Ted Cruz campaign. And I also had a very harsh language for Donald Trump at that time. I don't think I literally called him America's hitler, but there were many of us who were caught of who were caught up in the moment. It was a very important presidential primary, is a very important election in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 14: And like JD.
Speaker 24: Vans, and like so many others, I have been one over. Donald Trump had a very successful four years as president. Did he make mistakes. Sure, I would not have handled COVID nineteen lockdowns and vaccines, for instance, the exact same way that he did. But by and large he was an extraordinarily successful president. The world was very stable, it was peaceful, There were no major wars at that time. The economy was thriving. The black unemployment rate here in America reached reach's absolute lowest number and the entire history of that statistic. The economy was roaring, the stock market was soaring. I could go on and on here. So at this point I mean, who cares, really seriously, who cares what you said eight years ago? It matters whether or not you are a passionate supporter of the president's agenda right now, and jend Vans clearly is that.
Speaker 4: I absolutely completely agree.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's what matters now that counts for sure.
Speaker 4: Now, look, let's talk about the ridiculous.
Speaker 3: And inflammatory rhetoric we've seen from Joe Biden and the Democrats that led to the attempt on Trump's life.
Speaker 26: Donald Trump is a genuine threat to this nation.
Speaker 4: There's a threat to our freedom. There's a threat to our democracy.
Speaker 26: He's literally a threat for everything America stands for. They fan the flames of political violence that are a threat to our personal rights.
Speaker 2: Most importantly, I mean this from.
Speaker 4: The bottom of art. Trump is a threat to this nation.
Speaker 3: And as we know, Biden also told donors, we're done talking about the debate. It's time to put Trump in a bull's eye. But here is Joe Biden overnight having very public hallucinations denying he engaged in such insightful rhetoric.
Speaker 2: Have you taken a step back and done a little soul searching on things that you may have said that could incite people who are not balanced. Well, I don't think.
Speaker 26: Look, how do you talk about the threat to democracy, which is real when a president says things like he says, do you just not say anim he's a man insite somebody. Look, I have not engaged in that rhetoric. Now my opponents engaged in that rhetoric. He talks about to be a blood bat that he loses, talking about how you're going to forgive all the actually I guess to spend the sentences of all those who were arrested and sentenced to go to jail because of what happened in the capitol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Josh, the Biden gas lighting continues.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 24: And look, one thing that I think it's worth focusing on there. You know, they've used this this bloodbath talking point now over and over again. They're saying that Donald Trump is threatening a bloodbath. They're trying to portray this this offhand comments as possibly foreshadowing a second January sixth, you know, a nefarious insurrection of Republicans retakeover. That's that comment was made in a very specific context where he was talking about the fact that the auto industry in Detroit, Michigan might face a bloodbath to the Biden administration's feckless policies when it comes to EV's electric vehicles in China and Mexico are not reversed when he is president. So you know, they've taken this very very minor comment and they have disingenuously gas left the American people into the into the next coming of Hitler and Mussolini. It's disgusting stuff, absolutely disgusting. But Joe Biden has absolutely positively been just as guilty as MSNBC, as Rachel Maddow, as joy Read, as any of the far left commentators here. He has been personally just as guilty as any of them when it comes to taking this rhetoric and taking a ten thousand degrees hotter and more fiery than.
Speaker 14: It should be.
Speaker 24: But unfortunately, this is not an isolated phenomenon. The left has a very long and sordid history in America of taking talking points and then citing violence. Runner Unfortunately, this is just the latest and starkest example. But these people Joe Biden in his Oval Office address Sunday evening here in America, if they are calling for unity and for us to take down the temperature, do us all a favor and look in the freaking mirror, because if you are not willing to at least do that modest of a step, then just shut up and go home.
Speaker 3: Oh well, you spot on, because I've been hearing the comments from the White House today. Are they going to stop the inflammatory remarks? The view is that Trump and the MAGA Republican agenda is a threat to democracy?
Speaker 9: So how do you get.
Speaker 11: That message across while bringing the temperature down?
Speaker 9: How is that phrasing going to be your placed? Is it going to your place?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 27: Look, what I can say is this, we have our different and it's okay to have our differences, and it is okay to speak to someone's record, to speak to someone's character.
Speaker 4: Josha Caarrange, Jean Pierre.
Speaker 3: They're basically confirming that all the Democrats have is the heightful rhetoric up their slaves.
Speaker 24: Well, you know what's funny is that Democrats are actually starting to concede out in the open that they do not think that Donald Trump is a threat to democracy. And the reason that I know that is because you have more and more Democrats, both in the commentator class and the chattering class, as well as the elected official class who are now just saying that they're fully expecting a Trump when they know it's happening at this point. To be clear, I mean, the Democrats have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. I don't like this talk that it's all over. We'll see, but he is looking good. Donald Trump's obviously looking good. And you've now seen some op eds like Jared Golden, a centrist Democrat from Maine, who published an op ed a couple weeks ago saying Donald Trump's going to win the election and that is okay. And you've actually had an increasingly known, an increasingly large number of Democrats actually now say this because they have to run away from Joe Biden on the campaign trail because he's so catastrophically unpopular.
Speaker 14: But you can't have it both ways.
Speaker 24: If you are okay with Donald Trump winning an election, then by definition he is not an existential threat to democracy. You literally just cannot possibly have this both ways. So look, there actually is one movement in America right now that is something of an existential threat to democracy. It is the street thugs and hooligans of the far left. It is the idiots who are out there the day after the inauguration in twenty seventeen, under the guise of the so called Women's March, that were vandalizing property and we're smashing windows and looting back in Washington, DC in twenty seventeen. These are the Black Lives Matter and TIFA radicals that cost billions and billions of dollars of property damage and untold other number of heinous offenses during the Saint George Floyd's Summer of Love.
Speaker 14: In twenty twenty.
Speaker 24: And then these are the same pro Hamas people since October seventh that are burning down America's university campuses. So there actually is one movement in America that is a massive, massive existential threat. Dare I say to democracy it is not Donald Trump, it is not MAGA, it is not America first. It is actually the street thugs of the far left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I completely agree with you.
Speaker 3: Now, look, Donald Trump has had a huge when the judge has dismissed his indictment over mishandling classified documents.
Speaker 28: This is massive news. We did not see this coming at all. This is a case that she tentatively postponed to a later date. The original trial was set for the end of May. She moved it back a couple of months, though not setting a date. She has just dismissed it in a ninety three page court document saying that Jack Smith, the Special Counsel's appointment violates the appropriation's clause and the appointment's clause of the United States Constitution.
Speaker 4: Josh explained this decision to us.
Speaker 24: So this is a brilliant decision by Judge Canem. It is vindication for those of us who have been seeing exactly this for a while now. Justice Clarence Thomas on the US Supreme Court recently gave this exact argument a lot of purchase in his concurring opinion in the Trump versus United States, the presidential communique case that came out a couple weeks ago. So look the way it works here. You know, you saw the Fox News commentator. We have what's called the appointments clause in Article two of our Constitution. Article two is what establishes the executive branch, and the appointment's clause basically says that there are two types of executive branch appointments. One, there are principal officers, meaning cabinet officials basically cabinet heads. And for those officers. It's old school advice and consent. So the President nominates and the Senate confirms by a majority vote. Then you have inferior officers, which a cabinet head can appoint on his own initiative, but you still have to be able to do so, quote unquote by law. That's the constitutional language. Now, the obvious legal question is, does the Attorney General of the United States, Merrick Garland, does he have the law to actually, on his own initiative to unilaterally authorize the creation of a brand new special council to investigate the foreign president of the United States. It turns out that no, he actually does not. If you go and actually look at these statutes that Jack Smith purports to cite to give him the authority to do so, there are four or five random sub sections of other statutes that actually really have nothing whatsoever to do with a special counsel. So the actual authorization is not there. Congress did not authorize him to take this action. So it's really just a straightforward act of separation of powers. And you know, it's funny because the judge here, Aileen Cannon here in Florida where I live, she has been excoriated by the media for the better part of a year now. They've been calling her a maga judge, a Trump sick, a fan, because she's being very slow and steadfast and fastidious and meticulous in all of her various pre trial motions and hearings. But you know what, she has been exactly right, because we are an unchartered waters of uncharted waters here, we're dealing with the first ever prosecution of a former president of the United States. For God's sake, she's done the correct and courageous thing here. The relevant question that I have right now is whether or not the other District court, in the other Special Council probe that'll be Tanya Chuck and in the Washington d C probe the January sixth case, will she go ahead and now do the exact same thing that remins to be seen.
Speaker 4: Well, we will find out soon.
Speaker 3: But you're right, good honor for being so meticulous and coming out with the right outcome. Josh Hamma, good to speak with you, Thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Still to come.
Speaker 3: Awoke feminist anthem from Katie Perry is canned by critics and King Charles and Queen Camilla caught up in a security scare.
Speaker 28: D D.
Speaker 4: Dunlevy unpacks this with me.
Speaker 3: Next joining me now is broadcaster and commentator D D.
Speaker 4: Dun Levy. Thank you for joining us this evening.
Speaker 3: Let's start with rumors of a major rift which have e merged between tennis star Venus Williams and Prince Harry and Meghan.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Eagle eyed Royal fans have alleged that Williams nubbed Harry as he accepted the Pat Tillman Award for Service, and you can see in this photo the five time Wimbledon champion refused to stand up and applaud the Duke when he received the honor from the Sports Network last week.
Speaker 4: DD.
Speaker 3: We know that Venus's sister Serena is actually good friends with the pair, but it looks like Venus wasn't happy at all there.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 29: Well, maybe Venus has finally woken up to what a lot of other people already realized, and that is that this pair are popularity poison. She was good friends with this couple. I think she was invited to their wedding, She hosted the baby shower for their first child. So there definitely does seem to be a cooling of relations. And you know what, I looked at these pictures very carefully to see whether it was just a moment that was somehow captured and has been made to look worse than it actually was, which she really does appear to be very cold towards Megan, at least in the audience. Could be just that, like a lot of people, she wasn't happy about Harry being given that award, but there definitely seemed to be something very frosty from Venus's perspective.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: I think people are, well the closest circle, are finally realizing what these two are really like.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Royal's, King Charles and Queen Camilla were whisked away by security during a visit to the Channel Island of Jersey after concerns.
Speaker 4: Were raised about a security threat DD.
Speaker 3: It turned out to be a false alarm, and the pair then were able to resume events after a brief pause.
Speaker 4: But clearly everyone is really on edge at the moment.
Speaker 3: They're taking security very seriously in light of what happened in the US.
Speaker 4: And that is a good thing, I think.
Speaker 29: I mean, they jumped so quickly in this particular instance, apparently Camilla was only halfway through eating an ice cream when they dragged her away, and it does appear that this was a false alarm, even though Buckingham Pallace haven't clarified still what exactly the perceived threat was, and it was a false alarm, You would much rather see one hundred false alarms like this and over reactions if you want to call them that, like this, then see a failure like we saw from the Secret Service in the case of Donald Trump, where they warned and they didn't act. You'd much rather have someone go over the top with security than to fail with security, which could have potentially had fatal consequences for the former president and as we know, sadly for a man who was in the audience at that rally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you spot on, I completely agree. Now. Singer Katie Perry's.
Speaker 3: Long awaited new single Woman's World has dropped a needless to say, it's been a disaster. The reviews are about as horrific as the clip.
Speaker 4: Is a winner.
Speaker 3: I mean what, The Guardian gave it a one star rating, saying what regressive warmed over Hell is this?
Speaker 4: DD? It's dreadful. I don't like it. What's your re You?
Speaker 29: I'm not crazy about the song. I think she looks hot, she looks amazing. But I think the vitreol that's been directed towards Katy Perry and towards this song is the reason that feminism has a bad name at the moment.
Speaker 4: This woman is one of.
Speaker 29: The most successful people on the planet, not just musician but people, because she has many other interests in business and television and film and things like that.
Speaker 4: And yet she.
Speaker 29: Hasn't done feminism right in this song, and so she's being absolutely attacked over it.
Speaker 4: I think it's.
Speaker 29: Outrageous actually, And let's be honest, it's not a thesis.
Speaker 4: It's a pop song. Let's not take it too seriously. Leave the woman alone. She's a working.
Speaker 29: Mother, and I think there's been too much hatred directed towards her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the song's a bit lame, but that's okay. You know, she'll put another one out.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, hopefully what happened to the old, good old days where she did firework and all those original classics. Now they just go a bit silly after a while. Dd Well that's just my opinion anyway.
Speaker 4: DDE. Don Levy good to speak with you. Thanks so much for joining us. That's it from me. Up next is Newsnight, good night,