Speaker 1: Jason, Happy first nover birthday to the tears.
Speaker 2: This city is cooked sometimes really.
Speaker 3: Has something for everyone. I kept my knickers on the large.
Speaker 1: Portion of let's say you get to be in Melbourne's number one breakfast show.
Speaker 4: Let's let's go.
Speaker 5: Morning Melne, and thank you for putting up with us for a whole year now and.
Speaker 2: Over extraordinary, extraordinary cheap on.
Speaker 3: Did we just go off there?
Speaker 2: I think we did.
Speaker 6: Just my headphones, No, just my headphones.
Speaker 3: No, well it can't be all our headphones.
Speaker 2: I think I think.
Speaker 5: A way to start our one year celebration show. But taking us off there within three.
Speaker 6: Seconds has the year going.
Speaker 2: Grown up.
Speaker 3: I don't remember life before and nover.
Speaker 6: I don't want to remember in my memory.
Speaker 2: Congratulations guys, thank you, mate you too. Good morning Melbourne. Thank you for the last year listening to us here at Nova.
Speaker 3: Thanks our team.
Speaker 5: They've decorated the studio exactly as you will decorate the first birthday party. We've got party hats. I'm waiting for the cupcakes and the lollibags.
Speaker 2: Oh, we should do one of those photos where we smash the cake. You see one year olds? Do it smash the cake or just you know, they chucked like a giant cream cake in front of the one year old, and they're like stomping through it. Oh yeah, the top hats.
Speaker 3: We always have top hats, like their Taylor Swift dance.
Speaker 2: A bit later, you've also got merch. They're wearing great.
Speaker 5: T shirts with ugly photos of us. Fantastic, delightful.
Speaker 2: You know why I'm in the party top hat because those little cone.
Speaker 3: They're actolutely party hats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just don't really work on me.
Speaker 3: I think that's actually I like T shirts.
Speaker 2: We all have T shirts. Shirts.
Speaker 3: We've got T shirts to you.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, got the ugliest T shirts I've ever seen. Impact If anyone wants mine out, I'll give it away.
Speaker 2: Today is going to be Today is going to be a fun one.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 5: That way better. No, that has better. The other one makes you look like a dodgy magician.
Speaker 2: Look just dodgy.
Speaker 3: It's just a bit simple cute. It's so cute. I like it.
Speaker 5: You've got it on backwards too, so you can see where it's stabled down the front.
Speaker 3: Oh no, any way, it has been a great year here at nov It's been awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much everyone. It works here for making us feel so welcome as well, and.
Speaker 6: Thanks to everyone listening.
Speaker 3: They're all in bed.
Speaker 4: What's a Friday, the friday for the long weekend.
Speaker 5: Everyone's feeling unwell today. Yeah. Yeah, we might thank them around eight fifty five and see if they're up yet. So we just start cold calling some of this stuff and see what they're doing. We thought you'd all be here this morning with us.
Speaker 2: Because it is our first birthday here at Nova. You are getting the presence, not us. We're going to be off floating price.
Speaker 3: We get some present.
Speaker 2: No, we're going to be T shirt.
Speaker 3: It's ugly.
Speaker 2: Put the shutter.
Speaker 3: No, it's ugly. We look ugly.
Speaker 2: And I'm sneezing. I think I'm allergic to the decoract you're allergic to the tinsel. Hey, because it's our birthday, we're going to be offloating the presents throughout the show. But we're also going to be playing the five K question throughout the morning, so to kick things off nice and early, we're doing it now. F K questions, We're doing it right now. If you want a chance to win five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Let's go Melbourne. Get in early, well, grind up, for.
Speaker 2: Grabs, working your Friday. Welcome to our first birthday here at Nova. This is Sabrina Carpenter and Taste Good Modern Melbourne. Welcome to our first birthday here on Nova. And today you guys are getting the presence one questions five thousand dollars. This please is Jeez and Lawrence five thousand dollar question.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 5: We're going to play the five K question right throughout the morning, not just one crack today because we are celebrating one year here at NOV.
Speaker 3: So what you want to give or wait some cash to celebrate? Let's do it. Let's go to Stephan in Botanic Redge.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Stephan, good morning, Happy birthday guys.
Speaker 5: Happy you're on the way to work. If you're coming home from a night out.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just on the way to work?
Speaker 3: What do you do with your day?
Speaker 2: Nearly so he's trying to avoid the question, obviously something don't.
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Are you talking tobacco stores? What are you doing out there? I'm glazier lass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you do windscreens? Bony chut?
Speaker 2: What's happening to chip rock?
Speaker 5: Off the freeway, but it's too big to be fixed. The whole windscreen needs to be replaced.
Speaker 2: How many sent a driving ace Ventura? She hangs out the car windows so she can't.
Speaker 3: See what a parnish? All right, Stephan, let's try when you some cash.
Speaker 5: I believe you want to play for five hundred dollars today. We got a question lined up for you. You hear three two one and the question wait too early for this? You hear three two one countdown. You have to answer before the end. You know how it goes, bro, Do you know how it goes too early? They don't do the five K question at six o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Stephan, good luck. Mum was out last night, so I apologize for beans.
Speaker 3: No, I had one Vodksoda.
Speaker 5: What do you know, skinny bitch, that's what they call that. Sorry about the language, that's what they call vodas in the clubs.
Speaker 2: Well we're not in the club.
Speaker 3: We're still coming home from the club.
Speaker 2: Even better for you, skinny bitch. Two point zero?
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 2: Is that what I ordered today at lunch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have a round of skinny bitches.
Speaker 6: Thanks are allowed to say that.
Speaker 3: No, don't kick us off today.
Speaker 5: It's birthday, all right, Stephane, let's try and win you some cash.
Speaker 2: All right, five one hundred. Here is your question. Remember you got to answer before the three seconds runs out for five hundred bucks.
Speaker 8: Which artist has won the most Grammy Awards in history?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what I would have said too.
Speaker 6: It's me so.
Speaker 3: I thought it was Taylor Smith as well.
Speaker 5: She's won thirty five. She had her most recent win this year at the What You in the Country?
Speaker 3: Album?
Speaker 2: She won, didn't she? Stephan You're not gonna go away aft handed, mate. I'm going to hook you up with a shell Ready Express aboucher two hundred bucks a fuel coming your way. Oh fantastic, thanks, no welcome.
Speaker 5: Everyone who gets on here today gets a shell Already Express fuels out.
Speaker 6: How good I'm hearing you.
Speaker 2: Thanks to shell Ready Express celebrating you every day with great tasting coffee, delicious food to go, tasty snacks and a welcome smile. That glazier and a welcome smile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I love that. I love friendly stuff.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, imagine a glazier today in Queensland would be very busy.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not just Queensland's New South Wales and all the New South Wales in particular. I lived in Barn for a couple of years, as you know, and I spoke to a lot of my friends yesterday. Their power has been out since about four o'clock. There a lot, well, yeah, a lot of people in there in the Hintsland and in the hills who are up a bit higher. It's it's not looking good. And there were those terrible floods there just a few years ago, so I think all of those areas have evacuation.
Speaker 2: Keeps going down the beach to check out the swell.
Speaker 6: Stay inside, guys, play a board game.
Speaker 5: Scrabble out, get the red wine, lights, some candles.
Speaker 2: My sister was filling up the bath yesterday. I'm like why, and she goes, because if the toilet water goes, then we can use bucket watered flush.
Speaker 3: It's fully Yah's smart that I mean.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: So you don't go no, no, you don't wear the bar. Now you pick up a jug fart water and force it to flush.
Speaker 2: That becomes a toilet No, no, no, you're using the water. Yes, how does just well just keep feeling it. If you fill the bowl, it'll get rid of that, but you might not get a new water coming into the system. Tell you that's that's a sign of someone rich, you know. When the cistern is in.
Speaker 5: The wallmatic for these situations.
Speaker 2: The cistern situation, well, for.
Speaker 3: Like, if you can't you've got to get in it to fill it up.
Speaker 2: Where do you put the duck? Where do you put that?
Speaker 3: Because the ducking the cistern.
Speaker 2: I think some cisterns have the I've.
Speaker 6: Got one in the wall.
Speaker 3: There's no ducks in my wall.
Speaker 2: But the cistern is in the wall.
Speaker 3: That what it's called the cistern system is actually called a cistern. Just the way you're saying.
Speaker 2: Music's going to be rogued today, isn't it Because it's our first birthday or year. We are clocking up here at over one hundred. Thanks to the support Melbourne, we're allowed to be rogue. Oh we are rugged today. We're always rogue. You guys, get the presence there we're going to you're floating free stuff right throughout the morning.
Speaker 5: The Bridgewater collection from fair Haven Homes, it's not built for a single moment, It's built for all of them.
Speaker 3: Visit fair Haven Homes still come today.
Speaker 5: You supting all Jason Lawrence most memorable home.
Speaker 2: All right, how this works is you will hear a story about one of us, something had happened to us in one of our homes. You just need to pick who the story belongs to. Clint, Lauren all myself. You do that, you score one thousand dollars. Let's go to morning Alec This.
Speaker 3: Morning, Maddie, Good morning, morning.
Speaker 2: Ago.
Speaker 3: You're on the way to work or on the way home from a nightclub the clob oh I wish.
Speaker 9: I was on the way home from a nightclub, but I'm going to work.
Speaker 5: Going to work. Thursday nights used to be my poison. This would be my time coming home on a Friday morning. In my twenties, six am.
Speaker 2: There was nothing worse for six am.
Speaker 3: No, you two, maybe like a four point thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nothing worse than getting out of the cab and hearing the birds.
Speaker 5: But always Thursday night. I was not Friday night girl. I was a Thursday night or.
Speaker 2: That daylight out of the club.
Speaker 3: It was much easier in your twenties than it is now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Now we just go back inside and so let's sleep towards dark. Ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want anyone to see me looking like this. All right, let's try and win you some cash. Maddie, listen to this story and tell us who told it.
Speaker 8: My friends organized to judge from the block to judge my house when I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: She judged that my house was lonely, very very lonely.
Speaker 5: Someone leaving the club now, Maddie, which one of us has a lonely looking house?
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: Is that Clint?
Speaker 5: He's a lonely boy, very lonely.
Speaker 3: Well done, Maddie.
Speaker 2: Thousand bucks coming, Maddie, I object to that. It's looking very very friendly at the moment. I've sprist it up a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's done a Shane of Blaze renovation.
Speaker 4: You know what did you have done? Some weeding in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Maddie enjoyed the money. Okay, thank you guys.
Speaker 10: Happy Friday, Happy for Frida.
Speaker 3: We're giving away cash all morning.
Speaker 5: So it's our first birthday today, one year at nov and they haven't.
Speaker 3: Got rid of us. Left exactly right, and we ain't leaving.
Speaker 2: We ain't leaving. Every just gone twenty five past six, coming up, very interesting, expert if you love the MCG you're into your footy, you are going to love this guy we're about to introduce you to and we need to talk dramas at Avalon Airport Crazy Scenes yesterday. We're going to dive into it on the other side of there, Sir at Nova, Welcome to our birthday.
Speaker 6: Show, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Good morning, first birthday here at Nova.
Speaker 5: First birthday to us. Thanks to the peeps at Nova for keeping us around for a second. I guess we're getting a second season starting on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the long weekend to celebrate.
Speaker 2: The one renewed.
Speaker 5: Actually, it's funny to say that because the bosses breaks.
Speaker 2: Let's get through today today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they did say they need to talk to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get through today.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm ready for a sleeping anyway, it's been a great.
Speaker 2: Year Crazy Scenes to have a long air story.
Speaker 3: I watched that video eighty times just quickly.
Speaker 4: But overnight, a seventeen year old has been charged after allegedly taking a shotgun onto a flight bound for Sydney, a Jetstar flight at Avalon Airport.
Speaker 2: He's gone through a hole in the fence.
Speaker 5: So he didn't go through security. He did, they say he cut a hole in the.
Speaker 4: Fence and dressed or mimicking some form of worker, construction worker.
Speaker 5: He was just in high viz. He wasn't in airport uniform. And people are like, oh, he's part of the maintenance.
Speaker 2: Great. So then he's walked onto the plane obviously without a ticket, yep.
Speaker 5: And they at the bottom of the stairs when he didn't have a ticket, they were like no, no, no, And he walked up the stairs, so they were already onto it that he wasn't supposed to be on the plane.
Speaker 2: Were checking tickets to the bottom of the stairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well when you walk on.
Speaker 2: No, normally they do it at the top.
Speaker 5: We're on the stairs, right, And then when he walked through the door, he revealed his gun and the guy behind him with a ticket in his top pocket, got him around the neck and tackled.
Speaker 2: Him just straight away.
Speaker 5: Currently he's a sheep shearer. He was holding him down like he was a sheep about to be.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, by the neck, yes, oh hero.
Speaker 5: And then the pilot grabbed the gun. Was it a real gun or was one of those three d terrifying for all of those people.
Speaker 4: And then the shearer, yeah, held him down or the shearer and the pilot held him down until the police eventually arrived.
Speaker 3: And got all the tools out of his belt.
Speaker 2: That takes him. That is crazy.
Speaker 3: Barry Clark is the passenger who helped.
Speaker 2: I'd love to buy Bass a drink.
Speaker 3: And he reacted swiftly. But how did he walk across the tarmac? It's just surely you're like, nah, that's not the right uniform.
Speaker 2: Would you say you?
Speaker 4: Avalon is a bit more relaxed, so much that it's relaxed. It's just a regional airport. It's just out in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 3: So he cut a hole in the fence and just walked through it.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm sure there will be more and more information coming.
Speaker 2: Who took the video.
Speaker 3: He was sitting in the front row.
Speaker 2: Cool under pressure as well. He got the shot of the year, didn't didn't he? Would you make on something like that?
Speaker 5: I love all the stations putting their watermark across it. I'm like, but you've all got it.
Speaker 2: It ain't exclusive.
Speaker 4: Well, in that situation, you'd shop it just to one network, right, give them the exclusive and actually normally and then that's when you get your big money offered.
Speaker 2: That that would be ten k really. Oh yeah, surely, wouldn't it. That's good vision. Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: I don't know every network posted their watermark like their cameraman happened to be there.
Speaker 2: Mistake he made was he gave it to everyone. You get a copy, You get a copy clean.
Speaker 3: Some people aren't money hungry.
Speaker 6: They're here for the community.
Speaker 2: He was interested in opportunity.
Speaker 3: People of Melbourne, the news.
Speaker 5: Unlike you, dodgy man trying to make money off news.
Speaker 3: Breaking news.
Speaker 2: You ignore her. You are the used car salesman of the journalists. Fantastic.
Speaker 5: No, you can't be getting not in the news anymore, gets in trouble, you'll lose your job.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's editorial.
Speaker 3: They can't replace. We've got too many jobs.
Speaker 2: You're on the air with Chase and Lauren Clint here as well. Guys, let's talk lawn the experts with Jason Lauren, your vessel specialists who specialize in very special things.
Speaker 7: Hi, I'm Matt.
Speaker 11: I'm the executive manager at turf here at the MCJ.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from the expert, Matt, the ultimate lawn guy of Melbourne. Thanks having us at the.
Speaker 7: G Hello Matt, thanks for coming in to see us.
Speaker 5: Now do you realize how sexy lawn is these days. There's Instagram pages dedicated to lawn pawn and you are.
Speaker 3: The king of it.
Speaker 7: I've heard it's massive.
Speaker 11: I'm not actually on social media, so I don't know all the ins and outs, but the boys tell me that it is growing massive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Everyone wants a hot long guy in the house.
Speaker 2: It looks beautiful. Well, first things first, how are we looking for the start of the season.
Speaker 11: We're a great nick so we're not exactly where we want to be. Yeah, yeah, now we're talking about a long You look pretty good as yeah. No, Look the turf in good condition for this time, mind you. We've got no excuses. We haven't had anything year since end of January, so we've had potentially by start a round one, we've had six weeks of not a lot.
Speaker 5: Now it looks we're down on the MCG at the moment, but it does look different from a distance when he's standing in the stands.
Speaker 3: How did you get those perfect little checks in it?
Speaker 11: It's just it's just the way the mowers go, so there's no scientific basis with it. It's just the mole going one way and then it comes back the other way, and it's just the way the grass lays, and then your mow it different directions and it gives you that checker pattern. So change your mowing direction. You can change your patterns up.
Speaker 5: How often does the mower have to come out on the MCG to keep this? Is there a specific length that is the perfect grass length?
Speaker 2: Surely be right on.
Speaker 11: So we are running at the moment twenty five mil and that stock standing for US footy season, right, we might take it up a little bit Dune July August when it's really cold and it's a bit like us doesn't like getting out of bed in the morning, so we might go to twenty eight to thirty and then summertime we come down to ten.
Speaker 7: So it's nice and fast for cricket.
Speaker 2: You do let it grow a little longer in winter. What about cricket season?
Speaker 11: Is the same length its cricket We go down to ten, so it's like we really savage it and cut it down, But that's only because we want it to be nice and fast and batter to get.
Speaker 7: Value for shots.
Speaker 2: Would you drag out the mower at the G So.
Speaker 11: This time of year we're cutting three times a week maybe four times a week. Once we start to get into the depths of winter, we may be cutting just on game day when it really starts to slow down.
Speaker 2: It might be a stupid question, but what do we do with the clippings.
Speaker 11: Clippings get recycled, so you'll go to organic waste and get recycled and reuse.
Speaker 5: Is that the purple bin or the green If.
Speaker 4: We're in the city of Yarrows, that's a green drab. You know how you say there's a week between a good and a bad haircut. If you go a little bit who short, you know? Could we tell yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Have you ever decided we wanted to savage this? Now?
Speaker 11: It would go like your lawn at home if you get a bit aggressive with the lawnmar and go a little bit yellow, a little bit white. So it's high maintenance, but when you get it right, it does look amazing.
Speaker 2: What about a phade job haircut wise, fades are all in at the moment, if we fade it from the edge into the middle.
Speaker 3: No, No, that doesn't match any sports.
Speaker 5: Now you see the the hydroponics coming out on something. They're called the lights on some field, especially the ones that are indoor do you use those here too?
Speaker 7: We do use the grow lights, Yes, they do.
Speaker 11: So they're basically like a solarium artificial sunlight. So for us on the northern side of the ground, the shade is starting to creep across as the sun starts to disappear, evens it are, So what it does is it basically allows the plant to be able to do all its processes that it likes to do.
Speaker 7: So it's artificial.
Speaker 11: Sunlight for them, and we'll pull them out after round one.
Speaker 2: If you're just turning in, we're chatting with a groundskeeper of the mc G just hydropronic.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, does that mean once it gets more sun so, does it need more watering or is it stupid?
Speaker 11: So no, it's a very interesting question. So actually we have four different micro climates out of here once the shade starts coming across, So we've got the northern side of the ground which doesn't see any sunlight, which.
Speaker 3: Is what the m c C side.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that's the most high maintenance side of the g.
Speaker 7: Do you use ozma coat, No, we don't use it, the ozma coat.
Speaker 2: No, that's a little the little fertilized people. Do you use it.
Speaker 11: If you're coming yesterday, you probably would have smelled a bit of organic stuff that we put out. So we've got we've got some granular fertilizers which is similar to osma coat, and we've got some biostimulants.
Speaker 7: It's based a lot Fitterman's for grass.
Speaker 2: Right on the team.
Speaker 7: So there are seven of us in here, right.
Speaker 5: So do you have a patrick? What do you work as a team.
Speaker 7: We work as a team. We are very very team reliant.
Speaker 2: We will do the painting, the painting of the lines.
Speaker 11: That you do the lines, so we do all the lines and then contractor comes in and does all the logos.
Speaker 7: So straightness, the boys.
Speaker 2: Are very good. It's done by eye.
Speaker 11: It's all done by it, Yeah, marked out, measured out to the millimeter and then string lines and you wouldn't want to you want to come in on a Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 2: Inside the lines. If you went outside the line would be just a little bit of green paint over that bit and.
Speaker 7: Then we take the team are very good.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's not a lot of I'll probably put the mocro on them now because everyone will be tuning in around one game.
Speaker 7: Is that straight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're they're very very good at what they do.
Speaker 5: Hey, Matt, now I noticed the MCG is in spectacular condition. But around the edge here, you know, you see the legends going around in their cars. People of the security come, is this fake grass or is this real?
Speaker 7: That's fake?
Speaker 6: I knew it that is fake.
Speaker 3: Is that sacrilege for a morn porn.
Speaker 5: Guy to use fake grass?
Speaker 11: It makes maintenance for us a lot easier because there are high traffic areas. They allow us to be able to do the motorcades and all those sort of little bits and pieces that happen over the twelve months. Is that, like, we don't have to worry about wear out, and that's been there for twenty odd years.
Speaker 3: Right, that doesn't go beyond your like, so we have.
Speaker 7: You still got it's part of the ground, so you still.
Speaker 11: Need it to look good. It does until part of the presentation on match day.
Speaker 2: To be honest with me, when no one's around, you guys are working on the grass. You ever just grab a footy and go for a shot. No, we don't.
Speaker 7: We are very very I don't even let my son come out of here and.
Speaker 11: Kick the footy. He thinks this is his backyard.
Speaker 2: Let's talk concerts, because I imagine they would screw up the program, probably the biggest one being Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: What condition was the grass in? After that?
Speaker 7: Half of the ground not great, the other half was all right, but stage in was that cooked? Stage in was completely cooked?
Speaker 2: So and what's that from just the weight of the stage people.
Speaker 11: You've got trucks coming in, got trucks coming in. So it depends on what concert is. And obviously Taylor Swift was massive, not huge huge, and we had what do we have? We had ninety odd semi trailers bring come onto the ground to bump in the stage. Watching it's actually quite relaxing because you give them the ground and you go there, you go, concert happens, they bump out. A lot of the grass was cooked in the areas where the where the semi trailers were driving in. Just replace it. And I guess the beauty now with the technologies is you can put it down pretty much planet the next day.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 11: I think we had two weeks leading the time job or it just comes inside synthetic fibers, it comes in.
Speaker 3: Rolls of turf.
Speaker 2: We're doing behind.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they're a wider, so they are a met of why they could be twenty on meters long fifty meters stick. So basically you put it in locks in like a jigsaw puzzle. Doesn't matter where do you grow it? So it's grown out, Alexandra, Oh farm out there?
Speaker 2: Is it good?
Speaker 5: Fore turfor Can anyone purchase from there?
Speaker 3: Because my front nature strips not?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That's a good they do, I think they do.
Speaker 11: There's plenty of turf farms around where you can get great looking.
Speaker 5: To How do I make my front nature strip look like this? Because mine looks like every dog in the neighborhood is using it as its personal bathroom and it's all like just dirt.
Speaker 7: I got to keep it, got to keep keep the keep the dogs off it.
Speaker 2: I've got photos of.
Speaker 3: My don't worry about me, very similar to.
Speaker 2: You evidence, it's very similar. To give us a little strip.
Speaker 7: And that's pretty good. It's better than mine.
Speaker 2: It's a bit patchy, a bit like the mygrass.
Speaker 11: It's elc I heard that you've just got to give lots of love.
Speaker 7: You've got a few.
Speaker 2: Weeds in there.
Speaker 5: The only buzzword I know when it comes to forget someone, it air rate dig whole like put some air.
Speaker 7: Rating can help.
Speaker 11: Yep, absolutely, we do that out here on a weekly basis, especially during footy season.
Speaker 4: So what are your top tips for somebody who wants to grow the perfect patch of grass in the backyard.
Speaker 11: Fertilizer's key, because actually that's like your steak and your eggs.
Speaker 7: That's your your food source, your waters. You treat it like you treat yourself.
Speaker 11: If you treat yourself, if you treat yourself, well, so feed it, water it, mow it, maintain the weeds.
Speaker 7: And if you do that, you.
Speaker 2: Keep the birds off. With some string bags.
Speaker 5: People who put this string out to keep the birds away, I don't know if it works.
Speaker 3: Is if you on my string?
Speaker 2: What's your ultimate mcg memory?
Speaker 4: What's your what's your favorite moment presiding as the king of the as the king of the team.
Speaker 7: Really good question, that's a really good question.
Speaker 2: I mean, you are a Frio supporter.
Speaker 11: And far between. There's not one that really sticks out because there are so many. The Taylor Swift concert was was huge. We know what we are lucky because we get some of the biggest sport events going around.
Speaker 7: So it's hard to go. You know this one or this one.
Speaker 11: Because you get four or five maybe six a year and if free win a couple of games that you might a.
Speaker 5: Couple couples from, is there more pressure on you to get the ground in perfect condition for the Boxing Day Test or the AFL Grand Final?
Speaker 11: Say it doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter whether it's Boxing Day Test, AFL Grand Final, Round one, MCG.
Speaker 7: It's sporting capital, isn't it. We're in Melbourne.
Speaker 11: It's everyone's eyes are on it. There is the pressure is on every game we have here that it has to be perfect. So I wouldn't say it differs from Boxing day to to AFL Grand Final.
Speaker 3: That's a man who's prouder.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: Scrutiny is definitely more boxing they because the pitch gets analyzed more than.
Speaker 2: Any person who owns a mower will be looking up to this man. When Buddy kicked his thousand at the SCG and everyone stormed the oval, that'll be anxiety. Did you just start crying at home watching the telly thinking of the grounds keepers.
Speaker 7: I think it's great.
Speaker 2: There are people scrinkling ashes, yes or really yeah.
Speaker 11: Picnics not great for the grass, but that can you it's I think like moments like that in sport, they're few and far between. So yeah, that's part of it. And you're always trying. If you've got a healthy grass and help, you know it's doing what it's supposed to be doing. It'll fight back, it'll fight, it'll always bounce back.
Speaker 2: It's brush Granddad off it, give it a bit of water, and we're good to go for the next game.
Speaker 5: Absolutely well, Matt, it looks absolutely sensation.
Speaker 3: You're well done. You can keep your job for another year.
Speaker 2: Forget about the six others. This is your work.
Speaker 7: Without the team, this is nothing. Then say that suggested to rely on one person.
Speaker 2: Just before we go cheek a little suggestions to cut down the workload. Have you ever thought I rented the house once with those sprinklers that come out of the ground.
Speaker 3: Do you water how do you water it?
Speaker 7: We do have that, No way.
Speaker 2: Don't the players trip on the sprinklers.
Speaker 7: They sit in the ground, just pop ups, do they?
Speaker 11: It's very like nineteen sixties, nineteen seventies. Yeah, all sports grounds.
Speaker 7: On a time as the whole h irrigation just said it.
Speaker 2: Now, who seems the time? Because you don't want that going off me again? That's the worst.
Speaker 5: Also, we had them in our backyard and the gardener went over them with the lawn and then they just became water features in the grass.
Speaker 6: You don't want that either, so.
Speaker 7: They're buried in the ground. They pop up.
Speaker 2: Wow, just finally. I know there's been rumors in the past about chucking a roof on the g.
Speaker 3: You've made that.
Speaker 2: Eddie McGuire wants to put a roof on this platform. Yeah, roof, get out.
Speaker 5: Of it, go and sit it.
Speaker 2: Because well, like the stadium in Vegas, they've got a roof on it, but their whole feet they wheel it in and out. Yeah, it actually goes in and out.
Speaker 3: But you could also fit about three of those in the MCG.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 11: Some of the technologies that are out there these days are unbelievable.
Speaker 2: We're going to need a lot of grow lights, grow lights, or.
Speaker 11: Just put the whole ground on a rail system and then just roll it out to Yarra Park when they're not playing on it.
Speaker 5: I think Edie maguire's got rocks in his head over that one.
Speaker 3: That's a ridiculous. A hard no from me.
Speaker 2: Well, mate, thank you for the work you do. I think everyone in Melbourne will be incredibly proud of the world.
Speaker 3: Plush Matt, look at that.
Speaker 2: How long goo did you replace the lawn here?
Speaker 11: So this half was done last year after Taylor Swift and we've just done the other side this year just to even it up.
Speaker 2: To what do you do with the grass on the other side when you're get rid of it?
Speaker 11: So get smult stuff and it goes out to motocross tracks built for jumps.
Speaker 7: It's all so everything's recycled, so they strip it out.
Speaker 11: Doesn't go to the landfill, it goes out to gets used for someone else.
Speaker 2: Smart there you little crusty demon's little ramp at work in your place.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Thanks Matt, thanks for coming out much.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, birthday to ask one year today, first birthday here.
Speaker 3: At LoVa, and we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Speaker 2: We've had an absolutely ripping year here at over one hundred. Thank you so much for the support we've had over this time.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you for listening to us. Waffle on every morning.
Speaker 2: Just you you waffle waffle.
Speaker 4: It's good waffle waffles.
Speaker 3: Than anything we want for our first birthday.
Speaker 6: Can we get waffles waffles place?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Budget what's wrong.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they've ordered us all a sloopy machine for our birthday.
Speaker 6: That's what it is, the Ninja slushy machine.
Speaker 2: The Ninja slushy machine.
Speaker 3: Have they arrived for us for our birthday present?
Speaker 2: The thumb? Are we getting ninja?
Speaker 3: Don't ruin?
Speaker 2: I did say it was coming after seven? So are we getting slashing machine? That's what it is.
Speaker 5: They're the best in the business. They would have got us what we wanted was the Ninja slashy machines. And I'd also like a waffle maker.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna want to hear our reaction when those Ninja coming to the studio.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you guys are the best because it is.
Speaker 2: The surprise, I thought, because it is our first birthday. You guys are getting the presents. We're off leading free stuff throughout the morning, and we're giving more people the chance to win five thousand dollars with the five K question. Good morning, brookho Hello, Brook, you've made it through.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, you're on CIS.
Speaker 2: You're the chosen one.
Speaker 13: That's great.
Speaker 9: I could barely.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Brooke, will talk up? Okay, Brook, can you hear me?
Speaker 9: I can here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Brook?
Speaker 2: You want to play for five thousand. Agree, all right, this is going to go very well. Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Brook You're going to hear the question.
Speaker 2: You'll get it.
Speaker 3: You'll get three two, one countdown, Brookie.
Speaker 2: Can you hear Lauren?
Speaker 5: Brook?
Speaker 9: I can?
Speaker 5: All right, you have to answer before the buzz af you don't know guess good lucks?
Speaker 2: Is there, Brooke?
Speaker 13: I can have you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it is it a Nus thing or a brook thing.
Speaker 2: I'm putting a back on hold. Producer is gonna have a chat with her. Okay, so we talk amongst ourselves.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that slushy.
Speaker 2: You've got to practice a reaction. There's nothing worse than knowing what you're getting. And then okay, hang on, you're ready. You're opening your store.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I didn't see this coming at all. What a surprise. It's what you wanted.
Speaker 2: I'll open mind. I wonder if I got one.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they see that they got a slushy maker. The faces out there, they are like, just.
Speaker 6: Yet check him with Brooki.
Speaker 3: There morning brook.
Speaker 2: Hey, can you hear us?
Speaker 3: Brook? Yes?
Speaker 9: I can?
Speaker 3: Can you barely hear us?
Speaker 2: Or you can hear us?
Speaker 3: And he'd loud and clear good.
Speaker 2: Don't know about the clea bit. All right, Brook, here comes your question for five thousand dollars. Remember you need to answer within three seconds.
Speaker 8: What was the first Netflix original series three two one?
Speaker 3: Did you have a guest?
Speaker 2: Brook? Does this ring a bell?
Speaker 5: Out of cards?
Speaker 3: Have you seen it?
Speaker 5: Brook?
Speaker 2: It was great to all the Kevin Spacey stuff happened?
Speaker 9: Ye, can.
Speaker 3: Of cards was? I want to go back and watch it all?
Speaker 2: Do you come for now? Guy?
Speaker 4: Peers Kevin Spacey? What do you mean, Yeah, throwing shade, having a big spat. Yeah, yes, what seems Kevin did for a time there as well.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's not funny.
Speaker 3: That's not funny.
Speaker 2: We are going to hook you up with a two hundred dollars shell without your ak. Is that no worry? Thanks to shell Ready Express celebrating you every day with great tasting coffee, delicious food to go, tasty snacks, and a welcome smart Brook.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's.
Speaker 2: What it was. No, I was going to say, guy pulling him out? Yes, in fact, the wrong horse there, Clint, you are on the air with Jason and Lauren Clint here as well. We're doing it thanks to our mates at shell Ready Express and in the lead up to opening round, and we're doing this again next week. Actually, each day we're catching up with one of your favorite Victorian footy teams.
Speaker 3: Yes, yesterday we had.
Speaker 2: Carlton, Yeah the Blues.
Speaker 3: Michael Voss came in the coach of.
Speaker 2: Parts of Flutter.
Speaker 6: What have you been saying about Bossy off the I really liked him.
Speaker 3: I thought he was so nice.
Speaker 2: What's some of the terms? Thank you?
Speaker 4: I can't say it. Put it this way. She's got a thing for redheads.
Speaker 2: What gave you that impression when she said I had the horn for Bossy? Did you dream about him?
Speaker 3: He was just so lovely?
Speaker 6: He was not what I expected to dream about Bossy.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: But I day dreamed about him?
Speaker 2: So daughty day dreaming, wasn't.
Speaker 5: I was just like I was thinking about him yesterday, thinking he was so delightful and nice.
Speaker 2: You should have seen it this morning she has, she goes Chase. I just imagined him and I in the kitchen cooking dinner together, talking about our day. You do have the horn for Bossy?
Speaker 3: I didn't tell that.
Speaker 10: I just thought he was so Lawrence go the horn for boss I need that on the.
Speaker 2: T shirt.
Speaker 3: Anyway. I might change teams to the Blues.
Speaker 2: A right, he looked far cold water.
Speaker 10: So look, we're gonna coming back to that kicked in. We've got a new team coming up after seven thirty this morning, plus your chance still in club memberships.
Speaker 2: But before we get to that, it is our first birthday.
Speaker 3: We've got a group photo and I cut you two out.
Speaker 4: You you did have a naughty troll.
Speaker 6: Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 3: I definitely didn't.
Speaker 5: There's just something about him that I thought was really sweet and endearing, charming, kind of hot.
Speaker 2: You do like brownlow middalists moving. It's true.
Speaker 3: I've got a flavor. They just don't like me back.
Speaker 2: We're seeing a trend. We're seeing a trend. Okay, So look, it is our first birthday here at Nova. We've been on the air here for a year and there's something we got to do last year which was very very Last year, we played Melbourne's biggest game of hide and Seek, where we were hidden somewhere in Melbourne. All you had to do is listen to the clues. It'll be the first person to find us. Knock on the door and say come back, mat reve you are and you would win the money.
Speaker 3: It was so much fun until after about four days I went a bit loopy.
Speaker 2: You did, Yeah, you did, just on the last day you turned It was because I.
Speaker 5: Was locked in there with five floakes. I had no feminine energy except for Clint. Was that movie in an inflatable?
Speaker 3: Because with our face masks without led face masks, We're watching.
Speaker 2: A movie about the FEDS, and I kept missing you.
Speaker 5: Watched one minute and went for a walk, started walking around the office space we're in, and then he came back forty minutes later and said what did I miss?
Speaker 3: And I said, I will never watch a movie with you again.
Speaker 2: You were irritating.
Speaker 5: However, there was an incredible moment when we were found and I got to leave the space and get away from you two, and we met.
Speaker 2: A man by the name of Liam.
Speaker 9: Yes, Lauren Kamath Commith, where you are.
Speaker 3: You just won? Eighty four.
Speaker 2: Oh is going to be so happy eighty four thousand dollars he won. He was the man to find us in Hide and Seek.
Speaker 3: The days trying to find.
Speaker 2: Us, and we couldn't have our first birthday show without getting him on the air.
Speaker 6: Lam Good morning morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Gaze, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 5: Happy Birthday, hy Liam, Hey, what did you It was our favorite moment on the show, giving you that money in the last year, eighty four thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: What did you do with it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: Well, the first thing we did was a better credit carried death, so I paid that off then and then my daughter hadn't been back there, and then ten years, so we debated to go back there and then for Christmas in years.
Speaker 2: You need cash lift.
Speaker 9: We do have a back left for the jail. We didn't care at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you going to do with the leftover all?
Speaker 9: The rest of them going to have to be sensible. That's gonna have to go into the fund for to posit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool though, being able to take you do it back home like that would have been an incredible moment.
Speaker 9: That was amazing because the last time she was there she was only three years old. Now that she's thirteen, those an amazing experience for her.
Speaker 2: Lame, did she lock it or was it a waste of money? At the trip? She loved her.
Speaker 9: I think she loved the other parts that have more than.
Speaker 2: So lame.
Speaker 5: Before we go back into hiding, will you be out pounding the pavement looking for us again?
Speaker 9: Can't wait.
Speaker 3: Do you think we should do it again?
Speaker 9: One hundred percent. It was such a bud blast. It was lovely just to get to know that beautiful city with all of them.
Speaker 3: You're an ambassador for Melbourne Land ambassador. I think I deserve the eighty four thousand dollars being stup with YouTube?
Speaker 2: Hey Liam?
Speaker 5: Up?
Speaker 3: Dare you talk to me like that? Click? We're supposed to be best friend.
Speaker 2: We're still alive. There's no way we're making the second birthday. Liam. Thanks for jumping on this morning, mate, and congrats again, honestly you were. You were such a nice winner and thanks.
Speaker 9: You so much for having me. And congratulations gays. What a way to finish up the year number one in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Jason Cleanse you too if you want to say hi, Liam, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I love Liam is obviously Liam's favorite. Don't worry, Clip, We've always got each other. Busy frizzy me.
Speaker 2: If you just turned again, we're back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we's a real rollercoaster.
Speaker 2: Loss lips thanks to our mate he Spentley Dental Group. Everything Dental under one roof? Is it e b d G dot com? Are you there? The best in the business. He's no BOSSI he's not red. She likes them red.
Speaker 3: No, no, not no. I don't mind your right hand.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't mind a bit of ginger.
Speaker 6: Okay, Prince Harry.
Speaker 2: Do you want to check your headphones on? Lauren's got one amazing skill and it's only getting better and better. She can lip read.
Speaker 3: So we'll be when you're talking about me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be at work and she can look through the glass doors see Brendan and our big big boss and a meetium and be like, yeah, he's talking about us. She's pretty always or a medium boss.
Speaker 3: He's a medium big boss, medium big boss.
Speaker 2: For dinner with him, I did.
Speaker 5: That was lovely time with our medium big boss, Brendan and our big big boss.
Speaker 2: We picked up the tap the medium big big boss.
Speaker 3: Or the big the medium big boss.
Speaker 2: Pickuree. Would I didn't get invited?
Speaker 3: I have known. I would have ordered off the top shelf headphones on?
Speaker 2: Right, All right, okay, all right, she's she got headphones on. We're playing really loud music and rear so she won't be able to hear what we're going to say. Hey, did you get No, I didn't get an invite? I wish I did have to go up with mum and dad last night. How was that Tony and John? Fantastic? Pick up the tap? Yes, good boy, good boy? What was your mum like? After a few almost made her walk home?
Speaker 3: Are we ready?
Speaker 2: All right? I got right? Here we go, Here we go? All right? Loss has the horn for Michael Voss.
Speaker 3: Lauren has the horn for Michael Voss.
Speaker 12: There we go.
Speaker 3: I knew it was going to be about Michael Voss. You look a bit like a TM Michael Voss.
Speaker 2: I'll take that. No, that's no, it doesn't. No, he doesn't. Sorry, Here we go.
Speaker 3: The ninja slushies, the ninja slushes of variot? Have they actually?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, all right, how are you saying all of a sudden? Well, all right, here we go. Here we go, happy long Yes, God, she's good.
Speaker 3: I've been counting down to the long weekend since the last long weekend.
Speaker 2: I got one. Somebody had a cross sand for breakfast.
Speaker 3: No I didn't.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 5: Don't tell my Diocesian, Sorry, I said, don't tell Donna Aston the diets.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Gracie Abrams there and he's just gone thirteen the way. This is no over one hundred. You're on the air with Jace and Lauren and look to well in the lead up to the footy starting. We're going to do this again next week. We're getting in your favorite Victorian clubs and some of your favorite players. It's a bit of a membership drive as well. Los yums down on this. We we had to record this one yesterday after the show. You had to run off to an event.
Speaker 3: I did an international women's.
Speaker 2: I reckon you would have loved this guy. However, I think you're going to be shocked by something he reveals at the end of the chat.
Speaker 8: Our next guest is a forward for North Melbourne, affectionately known as Chom.
Speaker 1: He doesn't just perform on the field, he also hosts his own podcast two hundred plus. Conment cleans up into the show.
Speaker 2: Charlie comment and he joins us Now, Charlie, welcome to the show. Thanks that me.
Speaker 12: Daves a big fellow, isn't he mate? That's all I'm six six a half so it's a lot of man.
Speaker 2: If you would have to come by world when you were two, you would have been high enough for all the rights. Yeah, I got passed, got past it. Three.
Speaker 12: He's like the Pennies. That was a big Pennies guy. So the Mighty Kangaroos, they're on the way up all we like to think. So anyway, how's the preseason been. It's looked really really good for us. We've we've seen a lot of improvement internally. We just played our first two practice matches in the last two weeks and we did lose both of those games. But it's not alarmed belts for us. We've got some really encouraging signs out of those games. On the weekend, we just didn't finish our work against West Coast Eagles. They capitalized and they kicked goals or as we kicked a lot of points, but I feel we really dominated that game. So really good signs coming into the season. It's going to be really exciting what we can do against Western Bulldogs in a round one.
Speaker 2: We spoke to a young fella who's the number two draftee. You know Sulivan last year on the show.
Speaker 12: Yeah, great lad, Yeah Goodvala Yeah, big mumbler, mumbler.
Speaker 2: He said he did. He was a bit mumbler.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was a little bit, but then again that's us put him up on it speak how's how's he fitting in? He's going really really well. He's probably the one that's caught my the most this preseason. He looks like he'll play round one. He's been playing a lot of time on the wing and he come down back and shot us up in defense on the weekend against the West Coast.
Speaker 2: And he's a star.
Speaker 12: I can mark, he's evasive, you can kick really well, and he's a good lad too.
Speaker 2: Loves a bit of a gag And what a moment for him playing one. Do you remember your like? Yeah, mine was different.
Speaker 12: I played my first game was twenty twenty one and we've just gone back into one of those little COVID lockdowns.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the cardboard cutout to this guy.
Speaker 12: No crowd, there was just a big, big carps over all the seats and have my family there, so we did a little zoom call before the game of my family. But yeah, really surreal but a weird, weird debut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely. Are you scared of Clark, Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 4: He's just Alistair Clarkson Jason right, just a fantastic footballer, an amazing premiership winning coach. But Jeezu just puts the fear of God into me as a journal he went away in the players.
Speaker 2: What's he like?
Speaker 12: He's brilliant. I say that in Jazz Star. He's always up for a gag. He's always up for a joke, and he's a really really caring guy strategically, just just brilliant. He's got some really weird characteristics that come out during the meetings and whatnot. He's got little nicknames for all of us. My nickname is chomp, so I get chom as a charm as a joint of my first and last name. But he calls me Chompers, and I think for three yeah, I think three years has been getting it wrong. But he's got some weird other ones. He called Tom Power Milky Camp's house spider, and they're all He's the only person that calls these people bake from him.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 12: Yeah, one point. It was West Coast last year and I didn't defend very well and got a pretty good spray up the game. I think I was first came off the Range School coaches.
Speaker 2: Now, Charlie, you also do a podcast in your spare time. Yeah, yeah, good fun. Give it a plug. Yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 12: Two hundred plus So it's a clubby sports podcast to do it with Nick Butler and Sam Draper. It's it's footy Angled, but it's more conversationalists. We talk a lot of a lot of crack or less.
Speaker 2: I believe Clin got to run.
Speaker 12: Clint did get on there at one point. Only good things. Only good things, Clint, because you made the cheap seats as well. You just keep popping up a bit of stick that Clint's a better journalists than him. So I don't think Nick's broke a story in the last two years.
Speaker 2: We sent me some questions. Charlie, here we go. All right, you got a new girlfriend?
Speaker 12: I do it at the moment, Yeah, yeah, at the moment, terrific. No, we've been we've been together for eight weeks.
Speaker 2: Well she's afreshy.
Speaker 12: Well know she's an old flame. Oh reheating old Yeah, mate, loves love.
Speaker 2: You can't stay today. How long did you break up? What's so?
Speaker 12: We spent about two years apart, But yeah I was eighteen as well, So we're now it's twenty three.
Speaker 2: But I went through my quarter life cross twenty three. I broke up with a year and then we got back together and now we're married with three kids.
Speaker 12: Two years earlier than twenty five, So is it time to debut her on the gridge. I've been coping some sticks to this as well. I haven't posted a photo of her yet. I just don't have a good photo to post yet. We need to probably her us together all right. And the other question, hey, hang on.
Speaker 2: Hang on hanging before we move on Clinton, why don't we give you the airtime to do a special shout out to? Oh, I love to that'd be lovely. Actually, it's what she wants and what she here we go. This is to Live.
Speaker 12: I'm going to get around to that Instagram photo live and yeah, it would beautiful? Would beautiful work for us? We'll get likes, we'll get comments, and I just can't wait to post it. So shout out to Live if you're listening. What do you love about it? To love her hair, eyes, beautiful personality.
Speaker 2: What's her hair like?
Speaker 12: It's brineut, nice brown, long, straight.
Speaker 2: You are a keeper? Okay? And true or false? Are you the youngest player in Kangaroo's history? You have a car? Deal? That's true.
Speaker 12: I've got one with made give them a plug to sale, MAZD. So shout out to Jason Anthony shouting out to Jason at masde Jason, honestly, may I nearly love him more than.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Very good people down there, they do good deals.
Speaker 4: And what's your message to those Kangaroo supporters and supporters that aren't get members get on board.
Speaker 2: We'd love to get some more members on board.
Speaker 12: Well, it's for the last few years it's been stick with us, but now I think it's get excited for what's to come, young core and that young cause is going to keep growing and growing toge. So really get excited, jump on board and hopefully you see everyone down at round two for our first home game against Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you don't, Alistair Clarkson will give you a rocket taken on the d Sunday March twenty three, and you can grab your memberships are on sale now membership dot NMFC, dot com dot au. We've got a couple to give away plus merch packs this morning, so thirteen twenty four to ten to score them a Charlie, Good luck for the year, head mates or some thanks. Jase, Happy first birthday everyone, My.
Speaker 3: First birthday to all of our loyal listeners.
Speaker 2: Hey, we were just talking footy, Yes.
Speaker 5: North Melbourne every day, we're celebrating a different times. Today it was all about the Kangars.
Speaker 4: We just got a lot of calls and a lot of North Melbourne supporters feeling very upbeat about the season.
Speaker 2: Clear the phone lines, our membership's all gone, but thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Are they gone?
Speaker 2: They're gone gone. Charlie was saying what he loves about his girlfriend, what do.
Speaker 12: You love about love her hair, eyes, beautiful personality.
Speaker 2: What's her hair like?
Speaker 12: It's nice brown, long, straight.
Speaker 2: So we recorded that chat yesterday right and after the show you'd gone. I don't think you were privy to this, Clinton, but I was talking to the producing team about it, like it's a bit weird, like he loves her hair.
Speaker 3: No, it's not weird. Then it's lovely, just because you wouldn't notice if your wife had a hair cut.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but just like loving unusual things about your partner, like our executive producer Brady the Thumb, Oh no, Anaka's his wife. Beautiful girl, beautiful girl. What do you love about her? Brady? I love Anaker's kneecaps.
Speaker 5: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: It looks like a smiley face and they're like just so round and happy.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure any woman in the world caps cat be described as round.
Speaker 3: We don't want any part of us to be described as round.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Now they go and go on.
Speaker 3: Do you touch the knee?
Speaker 2: Touch?
Speaker 3: You go to bed and touch knee?
Speaker 6: Caps?
Speaker 9: You like to hold it to?
Speaker 2: You created the knee?
Speaker 6: Ca one left or Right's you favorite producer?
Speaker 2: Jez? Oh my goodness, what's wrong?
Speaker 7: This series is not like this?
Speaker 2: This blew up in the Do you like about usual?
Speaker 8: So my partner Claudia has a very slight, tiny, little kind of dent in her forehead, small little imprint.
Speaker 2: And I love it so much. I just put my finger in it and leave it.
Speaker 6: There like a dimple in her for you though dimple, s our little dimple.
Speaker 2: I call it the dent.
Speaker 9: I call it the Harvey Dent.
Speaker 2: What on earth?
Speaker 3: What's the Harvey Dent?
Speaker 2: Fucking batman, it's a character. I'm flabbergasted. But do you know what?
Speaker 3: What do you love about?
Speaker 2: Yes? What's unusual? Yes, I'll come back and tell you on the other side of this. In fact, what is it? Do you think about it?
Speaker 3: Do you put your finger in her Harvey dent?
Speaker 2: Let's open? What do you love about thirteen fourteen is our number. What unusual thing do you like about your partner? Give a skull?
Speaker 5: This is we are asking you what unusual thing do you love about your partner. There's a player in here from North Melbourne who was explaining how he loved his girlfriend of eight weeks. Is hair beautiful, long brown hair. Yes, you know what I love about my Paul? This part of his arm. It's like the inner what do you call this bicep?
Speaker 3: In this part? The skin's so soft, right?
Speaker 6: And do you play with it when I go to sleep?
Speaker 3: I like nuzzle in the yeah, on the inside of the bicep.
Speaker 2: But it's like we still haven't heard from Jason's to what he loves?
Speaker 3: What do you love about?
Speaker 2: What unusual characteristic do you love? She makes a noise when she sleeps, like snores.
Speaker 3: That's not like a cute noise.
Speaker 2: It's like a cute little cat purring. Do it?
Speaker 6: And you like, okay, I can't do the try again?
Speaker 3: Is this what made you for all? I love with not her long straight hair?
Speaker 2: But no, that sounds like no, it's none of that. It's like a It's like a I can't do it, but.
Speaker 3: You must record it. Or springing up?
Speaker 2: Okay, thirteen twenty four is our number, she pays like, we want to know what unusual things do you like about your partner?
Speaker 3: You love cats too, Audrey, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, don't ruin my thing?
Speaker 6: Hello or cats?
Speaker 3: I don't know why you love her because I like the I like a like a human per cat.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Audrey, Hello, Audrey.
Speaker 13: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Do you like cats?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Audrey? What do you love about your wife?
Speaker 13: I love her long fingers. My wife is quite short. I'm told that she's short and she has unusual long fingers, and I love them, and I love the shake of her nails. And I'll laugh and say that to her watching something on Telly, and I'll say to her and she'll look at me dead pan and she'll say me, yes, I know you said that's been many times.
Speaker 3: Does she have good hands for playing the piano? Y piano fingers?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I wonder if Lou loves Jason's little short b fingers. Do you think that's what she loves about you?
Speaker 2: Stumps?
Speaker 3: We just realized last night.
Speaker 2: Not stump. I'm not saying you're stumpy. I'm saying you got stuff.
Speaker 5: I mean you're a little stumpy but that things in particular short and stumpy.
Speaker 3: It's taking us three years to recognize.
Speaker 2: Do you have small flaneries, your weird little fingers. Gloves?
Speaker 3: We should do gloves so we don't have to look at them.
Speaker 2: Emily and Backers, Marsh we think you like about your partner.
Speaker 9: It's really odd. It's really change when you look at him. He's got like a really.
Speaker 5: Small waist, legs, but he's it's just.
Speaker 11: The way that his upper body shoulders, the way that it's rounded.
Speaker 5: Way like he's got big shoulders and a small waist and small legs, like a long body and shortly body.
Speaker 2: Yes, but not so.
Speaker 3: He's got like a V shaped body.
Speaker 2: Legs girls like the V.
Speaker 3: Like really little legs though like.
Speaker 2: Tall man like, what do you love about your partner? That's a bit unusual.
Speaker 9: So I love when he changes his but it looks like a frog.
Speaker 3: But hang on, wait when he when he does what to his butt?
Speaker 9: Where he like changes it?
Speaker 2: Has he got dimples in his bum?
Speaker 12: He's got you in the bathroom right now.
Speaker 3: He sounds quite nicko. Are you standing in the bathroom looking at his butt?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Where are the dimple car She's at work.
Speaker 3: Talking about her husband's. But it isn't better and the work done.
Speaker 2: Where the dimples? Are they above the butt or are they on the butt?
Speaker 3: Why are you so interested in picturing his bum?
Speaker 2: Follow up question? You're a frog guy, you got what?
Speaker 3: Now he's a cat guy?
Speaker 2: A dimple on the butt.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know about your butt.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's just gone nine past eight. It is our first birthday and Melbourne, you are get in the presence all those guys have just joined us on the air. There turned it all a fuel vouchers thanks to Mate Shell Ready Express and coming up there, so we're going have money to go. Well, good modern Melbourne. Welcome to our first birthday and thanks to il Janna Victoria, meet your new charcoal obsession il Jhanna. Now at thirteen stores we wereld Jana Chicken in the office.
Speaker 6: Yes, I left.
Speaker 2: Very much.
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: What do you love about it?
Speaker 2: The charcoal chicken? The chip?
Speaker 3: Is it charcoal chicken?
Speaker 2: Well, there's charcoal and then there's like case crash your mouth out, like crumb chicken.
Speaker 3: We're docking your paper, el Janna Chicken.
Speaker 2: There's like charcoal chicken. Enough rumbed chicken. I loved it. The gravy. The gravy was spectacular. If I was ever going to be buried in something, I found.
Speaker 6: It gravy, gravy.
Speaker 5: Imagine him swimming in a pool of gravy. That's the site to behold, Isn't it all right?
Speaker 2: Let's just to cover him. Let's go to it's enough out of you. Let's go to Jess.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Hello, good morning guys, happy birs.
Speaker 3: Yes, thanks for listening to our nonsense.
Speaker 2: And Jess, thanks for the work you do as well. You're a healthcare worker, you're a Bombers fan, yes, yes, indeed and hopefully about to walk out of here with money. Do you want to go an easy question for fifty bucks, medium for five hundred, or roll the dice and go for five k. What are we feeling Let's roll the dice? Yeah, five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Feeling good. You got to be in it to win it.
Speaker 5: Jess, you're going to hear our five thousand dollar questions. This is you will hear a three to one countdown. You have to answer before that countdown ends. If you don't know, Jess, have a guess.
Speaker 2: Good luck for five thousand dollars, Yess.
Speaker 8: Who preceded John Howard as Prime Minister of Australia.
Speaker 3: Three two Who did you say?
Speaker 2: Who did you say?
Speaker 13: I totally cares.
Speaker 3: I'm like, who did you said? John Keating?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: It was poor Keating. You mixed together the two prime ministers. You're so close.
Speaker 3: She outed just said Kating. Would we have accepted it?
Speaker 2: I'd have to. Yeah, Katie Paul Katy one the unwinnable election. Yes, he did it.
Speaker 3: I'm sad.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. You're not going to go empty handed. I'll check your two hundred dollar shell where the express voucher so free?
Speaker 3: Feel on us can give us something else? Well, give us something else. I don't know something.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know it's very good.
Speaker 3: You're so close.
Speaker 2: Tell you what. I'm going to give you another. I'm going to give you a five hundred dollars out your piel. John and Chicken j what about that last you love it?
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, thank you guy.
Speaker 2: No worries. Victoria Crumb Chicken is excellent. Shut up, meet your new charcoal obsession. Il Johanna now at thirteen stores.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, let's give her a crack at the five hundred dollars question, but now she got she got.
Speaker 3: The five hundred chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chicken. Enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Chickens char chickens all round. So they called charcolar chark grilled.
Speaker 2: I think both of you just stopped talking.
Speaker 3: The grilled charles.
Speaker 6: Stop what you just called it?
Speaker 2: Very tasty?
Speaker 3: I love I love a barbecue chicken.
Speaker 2: What do you call it?
Speaker 3: Charcoal chicken? Yum?
Speaker 6: Stop from John?
Speaker 2: Just stop?
Speaker 3: Why didn't get any yesterday? It's my pardion, not cry.
Speaker 2: Oh don't worry, I'm crying on the inside. Hey, Lauren shir I love this song.
Speaker 3: We're doing whatever we want today Melbourne.
Speaker 5: And after this, I'm going to play a Disney banger and then I'm going to play Pink Pony.
Speaker 3: It's my day, our day, My day.
Speaker 6: Our day, my day.
Speaker 2: It's our first birthday here on Ova. We give you a share today, guys, we have officially clocked one year on Nova one.
Speaker 3: We have one year at Nova.
Speaker 5: Thank you to everyone who has listened to us so far, new listeners, old listeners. Thanks to our team as well. We have an extraordinary team who work behind the scenes here. This show would be nothing without you.
Speaker 3: We love you all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do some said we wouldn't make specially. It's just been a fun year, like to be able to go to work, like you and I always say when we see each other in the car park, we're like, we'd actually be devastated to lose this job in the past, coming on, but yeah, no, we love it here.
Speaker 4: It's fine for a reason. It's own by because we've had just immense fun and hand on hard. It has been I mean, the most fun of my professional life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the same, not even my professional life, just the most professional that's what.
Speaker 2: And just thank you to look management and everyone at works here at the station as well, because everyone just welcomed us with open arms, and it feels like we've been here for a lot longer.
Speaker 3: But I don't remember life before and over.
Speaker 2: I don't want to remember life before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've blocked that out, did a lot of therapy to get rid of that.
Speaker 4: Actually, well, I mean we all have a present, especially on our first birthday. So the first of the presents has arrived.
Speaker 2: That thought, do you reckon they got us the ninja slashing machines?
Speaker 3: No, we've begged for them.
Speaker 2: Well, oh my god, I know what they're doing. They're removing the tint. Are were removing the tint from the studios.
Speaker 3: They we winge about how dark it. Whose idea was the gift?
Speaker 6: So this is sort of this is my I didn't get a present.
Speaker 2: Were you across the gift? Yeah, you're you're across the gift? You know what? You bring it in? You bring it in? What's it's no, it's not no, no, no no. He's printed the Ninja slushy. He's printed the Ninja Slushy logo and he's put it around.
Speaker 4: Now I've already I've already teased you once with the Ninja Is it a Ninja slush Lauren.
Speaker 2: They've just printed the logo and put around that. Oh that was a real roller coaster. You're gonna open it and find out, don't you do? We have scissors here, will just do it with a pen like it's got the Ninja Slushy machine on the side of the box. I was like, what is it.
Speaker 3: I'm leaving and I'm not coming.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: I'm leaving and I'm not It's not a slushing machine. I don't know what it is. I refuse to open it any further because it's not slush What.
Speaker 2: About great friends of Carmen's. It's a lifetime supply of cereal birthday too, ye, happy birth Did you guys actually not get us a press welcome and you just wrapped up whatever free stuff was in? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Do you remember on my birthday one year at a previous radio station when someone told me we're going to interview Elton John. Oh yeah, And it was a guy in an Elton John tribute band who didn't even pretend to talk in an Elton John accent, and I it ruined my birthday.
Speaker 6: His name was Felton John.
Speaker 3: This is even worse than that.
Speaker 4: Do you know what it's gonna It's good for us, so enjoy guys. There is another present coming, I believe, but it's and it's a real present.
Speaker 3: The sad bit was, but how am I going to have a slushie for our birthday?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: How am I going to have frozen margaritas for breakfast?
Speaker 2: We tried to get Felton John, but he was booked.
Speaker 5: He's booked and busy from when he played at my birthday years ago.
Speaker 2: No slushy machine. That was a real roller coaster. Well you know what game? I didn't want to rely on the team getting your present. So I got us a present.
Speaker 5: Dare right. This is like the Boy who Cried Wolf, and stop talking about these false presents that we're not getting.
Speaker 2: No, I have a gift. This one is for Melbourne as well and it is coming up next. Absolutely ripping time here at Ober one hundred. For the last twelve months we have Thank you so much to everyone who supported this show. It's been it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like we're leaving the way we're carrying on.
Speaker 2: You never know in this industry.
Speaker 6: I feel like we've done this step, we have done this day.
Speaker 3: We are really grateful for our listeners, but it doesn't sound a bit.
Speaker 2: We're good at it. We don't need Q card.
Speaker 3: We're very happy to be run pack your backs who knows where.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 2: We're running out of options. Haven't got that Christian one to go yet.
Speaker 3: You're nearly old enough to be you know, were too young for that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't be silly. So look, we are loving our time here at Nova. We've had an amazing twelve months and all jokes aside, Yes, thank you so much for listening to this show. It is an absolute joy.
Speaker 12: To do it.
Speaker 5: It's a privilege to have this job, to get to wake up with you Melbourne, and you too, lunatics.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a privilege to work in this office. I've got to I've got a present for Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Don't you make me sew Melbourne?
Speaker 6: He said it was for us, for Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I'm over the Melbourne. Get enough? What clean teur birthday?
Speaker 2: Come on, fire up? What do you got for us?
Speaker 3: You this staff Vader Star Wars gift.
Speaker 2: I'll make it more relaxing, that's start true.
Speaker 3: Oh I did the fingers wrong? No, no, what have you done?
Speaker 2: I thought? After twelve months?
Speaker 3: Oh no, we're gonna have to choose people's names. We're no, we've done.
Speaker 2: It's time to do a staff line. No, you did this, Lauren, this is no. I'm morale man, guys, I walk. I walked the floor here at nover.
Speaker 5: Man of the people, Man of the people who went to the staff winery day clipped, Yes.
Speaker 2: How did you get there? On a bus with the rest of the store.
Speaker 5: I went on a helicopter because I didn't have time to sit on a bus two hours, so I took.
Speaker 2: But I still went.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sitting on a bus for two out.
Speaker 2: She knows the name of the chopper. All right, let's do this, bringing staff Jesus, good morning.
Speaker 5: Very.
Speaker 2: You swing that name tag around.
Speaker 3: This is over to you. You what department does this beautiful lady?
Speaker 2: She works in the creative one?
Speaker 3: No, not in creates. These beautiful young lady works in.
Speaker 2: Marketing, not marketing, sales, you sell stuff? Correct?
Speaker 3: And her name is Jasmine from Aladdin. It's our first birthday.
Speaker 2: I think it's Lauren Kristen. Good to see you again. You get of it, all right, let's bring in the next stuff member. Oh, this is you are.
Speaker 5: Now? You sit over there on that part of the building which is where not marketing, it's not create it's sales, ish, sales and.
Speaker 6: Integration which one sales?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: And you look sensible?
Speaker 2: And her lovely name is yes, Lauren. What's her name?
Speaker 3: What does it start with?
Speaker 2: Let's do let's do se Okay, I'll say the first letter is A. The can I buy that Rommy?
Speaker 3: Rommy? Rommy?
Speaker 6: And Michelle's highchte Ruby, Good.
Speaker 2: To see.
Speaker 3: I was closed. Did you have fun at the winery day with Clinton? I? When Jason didn't go? You didn't, no wonder, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know you.
Speaker 3: Do you get on the bus star?
Speaker 2: No room for her on the chopper? Hello, smell nice, thank you? Yeah, lovely? And what department?
Speaker 3: Obviously sales in the fragrance department.
Speaker 2: With the chemist, not the fragrance. We don't actually have a fragrance.
Speaker 3: Department of chemistry house client client.
Speaker 2: That's Rachel. Good Rachel.
Speaker 3: What department?
Speaker 2: What department, Rachel?
Speaker 5: And what department is Rachel? Well, do you know, Rachel, did you have fun at the winery day?
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know you are? Was I the only person that made an effort around you to go to the all stuff compulsory winery? Rachel? Shame he didn't make the winery.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's bring in our X right, good morning, good morning. We all know you've had a drink with Lauren. Yeah. Were I know?
Speaker 3: We were at the Achors radio Chelsea, Oh, Chelsea and my friends. Chelsea. Didn't we have fun at the winery day? We had the best time. Yeah, because we made an effort to go to the winery.
Speaker 9: Chelse.
Speaker 2: Did she give you a lift home in the chopper?
Speaker 3: No comment?
Speaker 2: How many more we got out there? We got one more?
Speaker 3: See, we all knows.
Speaker 5: Committee whatever, it's called around you committee Organizing Committee number five.
Speaker 3: It's now we've only been here for a year. How long have you been? I've been here for a year and two months, right, I need to brag. But other than Vicky at the front door, I'm also the first person you.
Speaker 2: Yes, you work in the promotions apartment.
Speaker 3: And now I knew what department this beautiful young lady worked. It's your turn to.
Speaker 5: I'm just looking at our boss out there, who just looked at me and said, I don't know who that is?
Speaker 2: Her name is? What does it start with? It starts with an R? Another one? This is Robin Rachel. Good to see you, chel.
Speaker 3: Did you have fun at the wineries? Too much fun?
Speaker 2: Do you lift on the chop off?
Speaker 5: No? Because she wanted to being past the bottlesh up on the way homelicopter couldn't stop.
Speaker 2: Look, we're late, but we'll take one one more, one more? Here we go? Ah, hell do you know what Jason?
Speaker 6: Every way?
Speaker 2: Come on a year?
Speaker 3: You've been calling her the wrong name?
Speaker 2: Vivi on reception? Whose name is Vivian? Thank you, Bob vi VICKI, I'm sure it's VIVI sure.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've seen me in my past life.
Speaker 2: Called viv if you're not Vivian, because.
Speaker 3: I've got an important question. Did you have a good time at the morning? From what I could see and here she had great? Thing is I wanted to get on that cop star with waving a.
Speaker 2: Welcome A very special Friday. It's our first birthday and over the wheels are off this morning and we are doing Friday freebies as well. If you hit up the old wind page at over fm dot com dot a, you could score free stuff like fire and the Bucks, El Johanna and chicken vouchers, Jana's Victoria Meat, your new charcoal obsession Il Janna now at thirteen stores.
Speaker 3: Olivia's Charcoal Chicken so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Olivia from Wangarada Maternity Ward at the Northeast Health.
Speaker 5: Are.
Speaker 3: We're feeding the maternity wars.
Speaker 2: We're feeding the maternity Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Chicken fingers catching babies.
Speaker 2: Yep, that gravy is so nice. By the way, chicken and crowning today.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't have swif three fingers. I'm trying to catch the baby.
Speaker 2: Hey, use a wet white coming.
Speaker 3: Let's celebrate the baby.
Speaker 5: Celebrate there we go, Ja Chicken trumps.
Speaker 2: I remember when we had Felix like he was maybe a minute old.
Speaker 3: You chowing down Jana.
Speaker 2: My wife was like, okay, right, food bringing the food, bringing the because you know, like, do you not eat while.
Speaker 3: You're pushing out a child? You're a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like the whole are you getting contractions?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But no, you're not pushing for forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: No, surely you can have a little Burger.
Speaker 3: Sausage roll. Was lose choice, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: She wasn't having do you not eat?
Speaker 5: Forty Imagine Jake Lo's trying to push out a baby and Jason's in the corner of the chuck old chicken and chips and his greasy little fingers.
Speaker 2: So what do we got?
Speaker 3: You would have been like that for the third one scene it once seen it to us Third One.
Speaker 2: Come on, let me know what happens.
Speaker 3: I'll celebrate over here with some el jar and chuck old chicken, all right?
Speaker 2: Coming up next laws speaking, No, you need me to do some cue cards.
Speaker 5: No, I know what, I know what we're doing. I just wasn't sure how to seguey from people eating chicken and giving birth to getting toasted sandwiches delivered to the doorstep.
Speaker 3: In some weird thing going on in Melbourne. Has anyone heard about it? Anyone's seen it?
Speaker 2: Yes? And it comes with a catch.
Speaker 3: Well, but the thing is, no one knows what the catch is, the security concerns.
Speaker 2: We're going to dive into it after your latest favorite song. Morning Melbourne. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well. It is our one hundredth show on Nova. We're doing to thanks to our mates to shell Ready Express. The wheels are off this morning.
Speaker 5: But there's something weird going on in Melbourne. Yes, what the hell's going on Melbourne? Have you guys heard about this?
Speaker 6: The gun on the plane, The gun on the plane.
Speaker 5: The gun on the plane was one freaking freaky, weird little situation. Mumber, No, not Mumber, I'm talking about these weird It's not Mumba, it's Momber. These brown paper bags with toasted sandwiches in it and bottles of water being delivered to people's front doors with no warning, no ordering.
Speaker 3: It's a very strange thing going on in Melbourne now.
Speaker 5: The issue is people are finding on their doorstep these brown paper bags and they've got literally a toasted sandwich in it, and it says written on it Spike, the delivery name Spike, and I've sort of heard people talking about it and I was like, nah, no, that's not real.
Speaker 3: It's happened in my street. So on my street WhatsApp last night? Oh, in our area.
Speaker 5: There's a whole bunch of people that are getting these paper bags delivered. Some people are saying it's a thing that people are putting on people's doorsteps to see if it gets taken inside or thrown out, or if it gets left there, it means there's no one home, so you can.
Speaker 3: Rob the house. Ah, that's one room to cover. Well, I don't know. There's some people saying.
Speaker 2: It cost it a nice gesture.
Speaker 3: Call us on thirteen, twenty fourteen, if you've received one of the brown paper bags.
Speaker 2: Or if you work for Spuck.
Speaker 6: Well, some people they said, oh, it's like.
Speaker 3: Some weird marketing campaign. I don't know about it.
Speaker 2: You know, it makes sense that they're dropping them off on people's front doors, and then that they're using that as a way to see if they're.
Speaker 3: Out, But then why would you go to all the effort to actually toast the sandwich?
Speaker 2: And the sandwich is hot toasted, it's edible.
Speaker 3: Well, don't eat it, definitely, but.
Speaker 2: It's a sandwich. It's a free sandwich.
Speaker 3: No, don't eat it, No, no, no, you don't eat random.
Speaker 2: This has come with a warning from police.
Speaker 4: It has its former former detective Charlie Bizina says, it's an airy concern. If there's a suspicious car person in the vicinity, get a photograph and send it to police.
Speaker 2: I remember we got robbed once and.
Speaker 3: Did they still your toasted sandwiches?
Speaker 2: And I thank god they left the sandwich maker.
Speaker 5: You would have eate you'd eat the sandwich if you found it. Absolutely, it's a very bad idea.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we got robbed and we came home and they'd taken everything small that they could carry. But they had stacked the couch and pulled all the white goods, so the fridge and the couch and everything was stacked up at the front door.
Speaker 3: They were going to come.
Speaker 2: They were coming back with the truck. Really, they were coming back to completely clear us out. We're not the couch.
Speaker 3: Did the toasted sandwich stolen? Because that's small, that's the.
Speaker 6: Backpackab would have been first job, first trip.
Speaker 2: Well you can carry that. But yeah, they took PlayStations and camera get all that sort of stuff. But yeah, stacked all the white goods and everything up at the front door.
Speaker 6: That's so weird. And I just and they grafeeded the kids rooms what oh, they fully trashed.
Speaker 2: Like they went through all the drawers and everything.
Speaker 5: And robbed is the most violating. I mean, there's all this crime going on in Melbourne, and I feel so desperately for anyone who's been affected by these incredibly horrific robberies and things going on in Melbourne. But even when you're not home in your house gets robbed and you come home, you just feel you know the problem.
Speaker 2: The cops were saying, kids aren't caring about cameras and stuff these days. Floodlights are more of a deterrent than cameras.
Speaker 5: I got to alarm my house when I go to bed, and I woke up this morning and forgotten set the alarm off, like the whole street up.
Speaker 3: So apologies to anyone.
Speaker 2: So there she is and toast on fay alarm.
Speaker 3: Not alarmed. But let us know if you do get one of those random toasted.
Speaker 2: So what did your friend in the street do with package?
Speaker 5: Well, on the group chat, she said she got one and then one around the corner. Another friend in another street said it happened to me too, and then another friend on the group.
Speaker 3: I feel very left out. I want one well, Don James, and.
Speaker 2: They've got phone mateb to.
Speaker 5: I know it's really strange. People are thinking it's calculated. So if you see them put them inside, you see them out of people's houses. Really weird or is it some weird marketing thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Next week on the show, looking ahead the next week, I know.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried about next week's It's a long weekend. Don't think about that.
Speaker 2: I forgot to.
Speaker 3: Oh I shouldn't. I would have loved nothing more than you to turn up.
Speaker 2: You probably still will six o'clock.
Speaker 5: It is a long weekend and I just quickly want to make a shout out to everyone up in Queensland and the northern rivers of New South Wales. It looks like it's going to be very rough weekend ahead. But our thoughts are very much with our family and friends up there this weekend. Check in on your love ones and I lots of people have lost power already. Clinty, I know you'll be doing Weekend Today show. It's going to be really scary.
Speaker 2: Waking angry, doesn't it to see? Yeah, just talking to my sisters last night, you could hear you know. I didn't want to say you're scared or anything, but you can hear the fear in their voice.
Speaker 3: And I know a lot of people have loved ones up there too, So thinking of you all.
Speaker 5: I hope everyone stays safe and hopefully on Tuesday we come in and it's all past and we're we're out feeling a bit better about the world.
Speaker 2: On a more positive night here in Melbourne, Formula one week it's a proach campaign.
Speaker 3: I'm not going because you haven't got invited by anyone yet.
Speaker 2: Have you really robing? No, I'm not on the list. We're going. Look, we're going.
Speaker 3: Are you taking Jazz as your plus one?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Probably? Do you want to come Jazz? I'd love to thank you producer Jazz for going to your plus one?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Have you got any plus ones? Lost? Well?
Speaker 3: Actually choose day night.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm hanging out with Orlando Norris if you don't mind, we're doing a little event together and Jazz your com is my past.
Speaker 3: Why don't you.
Speaker 2: Am I on that list?
Speaker 3: You get the invite?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's a new iPhone update, the new iPhone updates. Sometimes people's messages emails.
Speaker 2: The countdown is on. Don't miss the Formula one Louis Vuitta string Grand Prix.
Speaker 3: You got it, you got kids out of the house. We can watch it on the couch Thursday.
Speaker 2: Tickets are still available at grum prix dot com dot.
Speaker 6: When you plus I can.
Speaker 2: Get on the list for Thursday. We're going to come back and wrap things up. She's very mean, isn't she? About a year of it.
Speaker 3: I'm teasing you. You're my best worst enemy.
Speaker 2: I've ever had cell pray. That's the nicest thing you've ever heard about me. We are celebrating one year at Nova and what are song to finish the show?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're allowed to choose it.
Speaker 2: No, this sounds like we're leaving. No, it's just a celebration we've achieved so far.
Speaker 3: I think this is a bit morbid. Can we can we film if we finish? Or are we coming back up? That is it?
Speaker 2: We are wrapping up our first birthday show. Can I do a big shout out to Lombard Party and Events. They decked out the studio.
Speaker 3: It looks great. Well done.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Thank you Lombard.
Speaker 6: It does feel like a Lombard party and events.
Speaker 3: I love that shop. Have you ever been in there?
Speaker 2: It's like something for everybody in there.
Speaker 5: Home of the It's one of those places you go to buy one thing and you leave with twelve.
Speaker 2: Home of the Confetti Cannon.
Speaker 3: Would you say Home of the Confetti cannon?
Speaker 2: They should shoot people with the confetti canons? Is they? That looks so sad? We've just had gen Z.
Speaker 3: We've got a.
Speaker 2: Producer in a cowboy hat with a lone cake.
Speaker 3: Are you singing Happy Birthday?
Speaker 2: It's a that's you.
Speaker 3: It's got our photo on it.
Speaker 2: And look, it's the photo that we got when we were slim.
Speaker 5: Oh that was before we started aging in doggies. When we came back to Breakfast Radio.
Speaker 3: Jo, Yes, thank you for being.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: We go can the candle?
Speaker 2: That is it? That's lovely?
Speaker 3: That's lovely. Thank you for that beautiful song. Gen Z, we really came from that. Je Lauren Cliff delicious. That's what that is.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, we are out of here. We're just just quickly. We said it before. Thank you so much for supporting this show for the last year. Listening to us. We love doing this job and hopefully we get to do it for many more years.
Speaker 3: It's ours, it's our overversary.
Speaker 5: I love being at NOV But you're really making it sound like we're not coming back after.
Speaker 2: The Again, there's the hook for the week.
Speaker 3: We will be back. We aren't leaving.
Speaker 7: We ain't leaving.
Speaker 5: Have a great long weekend, Melbourne. As always on long weekend, please be safe on the roads. I know lots of people go away for long weekends. Please be careful. Please check in with your.
Speaker 3: Loved ones up in Queensland and northern New South Wales as well.
Speaker 2: We'll keep you updated on over throughout the weekend. Regarding the cycle, the Birdman rally at Momber Yeah, I heard it. I remember that you were a late entry.
Speaker 3: Shut up, no, no, no no, We're not winding this up.
Speaker 2: We're going to go. We're going to know fact.
Speaker 6: Don't embarrass you entering the bird.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no no no. Remember remember this is our show, this is my rules. We are not winding this.
Speaker 2: Show as an over boy.
Speaker 3: You don't you do?
Speaker 2: We will see you Tuesday, late entry.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank you. Jason.
Speaker 5: Lauren wake up feeling good on over one hundred.
Speaker 3: I'm social.
Speaker 4: Stop kill that