Speaker 1: It is Jason Lauren clint here as well, and so is this man.
Speaker 2: Our next guest has reached the heights of television, receiving a glowing review from the one and only Margaret's Polar Ads.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen a TV host so unhinge since David got into my shrooms and burning Man.
Speaker 1: Please welcome to the show. Post of Deal or.
Speaker 3: No Deal blowing review.
Speaker 2: I thought that go to air, and I was terrified because I knew the ABC was doing a piece on a commercial TV show and it's normally never a good outcome in the decided to do that, I thought, I'm up for a roasting here. I watched it and it was so hilarious and amazing. It was incredible.
Speaker 1: Have they ever roasted you on goggle Box? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been done on goggle Box two.
Speaker 4: Can you remember what they said? I was making word? How many sessions of trauma have you have you tried to heal?
Speaker 3: Done on Google?
Speaker 5: The voice though she's a friend of the show, you're allowed to do the voice Anastasia, she said.
Speaker 3: Ah, she went from a wag to a TV host here.
Speaker 4: And a Stagia pops up to several of our recordings. Quite regal.
Speaker 3: She came in here once too, invited herself in.
Speaker 1: She came in and said, I'm starting work at seven. Well, what do you mean you're starting work? We said, just come on in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we love and we do hate. Now, Grand Danielle, we'll get to deal or no deal in a minute. But Clinton and I were just having an argument off hosts the Weekend Today Show, and I was formerly the weather girl on the Weekend Today Show. Now Dan Nancety, does you're me sister, and you're a weather guy. And I said to him, it's way harder being the weather person because when you host it, you've got an autoque, You've got people doing your hair and makeup. You've got people bringing your coffee and toast. When you're doing the weather, you're out in the alum solo, dressing ourselves, brushing our own head.
Speaker 4: One person operation cakes, drinking lat cables.
Speaker 1: I don't know the satellite dishes.
Speaker 3: On the car. Job was way harder.
Speaker 1: You are kidding yourself.
Speaker 2: How many fools did you ride or crocodiles did you wrestle in the studio.
Speaker 1: I never seen you in a cheerleader outfit. Clinton, You've seen some of the stuff I've had to share recently.
Speaker 5: I can't get the image of you as a football cheerleader out of my mind.
Speaker 4: That was like two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Of that's right, look at the damage you've done it.
Speaker 4: You know about my career in twenty five years?
Speaker 3: Is that the prownest moment?
Speaker 1: That's all I remember? Really.
Speaker 4: I remember one of the.
Speaker 2: Cheerleaders they were also professional let's say, dancers, and they gave me this tip because they had it was a female's outfit I had to put on. And they said, word of warning, I'm going to give you a slice of bread. And I said, what for the what's that?
Speaker 1: And you?
Speaker 3: How do you know? You don't answer that question?
Speaker 1: She goes.
Speaker 4: I said, what do I do with this?
Speaker 2: She goes, Just you put it down the front and it smooths out all the edge. So you end up looking like you've sort of got a slight Kendle situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, down down the.
Speaker 3: Front for women too, just men.
Speaker 2: That's a really good questionading Yeah, not on breakfast television?
Speaker 4: Remember having having me nuture?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 4: So did it work?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Still?
Speaker 3: And did you help people comment?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can't look at like a Roger David catalog now with all the blokes going, yeah, he's he's packing the wonder wonder bread.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon? That's what Chervo did when he ran at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: No, he chucked the bag down there.
Speaker 4: That was a cran skin.
Speaker 1: Make deal or no deal? Seven o'clock. Can you be a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Nauto the dizzy heights of primetime baby, No, we've already shot them anyway, But it is it's nice to move into a block where there is a lot more families who are sort of settling down.
Speaker 1: For the evening.
Speaker 4: So it's a good chance for you to fly.
Speaker 2: But that comes with also pressure you are, I've got to deliver in this market as well for the network.
Speaker 1: But it's good.
Speaker 2: It's to be honest, like you know how you would know this with your listeners.
Speaker 4: You talk about this stuff every day. But such a high cost.
Speaker 2: Of living at the moment where everyone struggling the table and keep a roof over their head being the bloke that's kind of a human at m spewing out cash to really Australians.
Speaker 5: But we get that feeling as well, like you give way a thousand dollars and you hear somewhere means to them, and it's just this a cool job to do.
Speaker 4: This The game show, I mean it never went anywhere, but I feel it's back. It's cycles, but yes, because it's a fun watch to have fun.
Speaker 5: My kids play Deal or No Deal, the board game at home. Yeah, Deck weavyr Phone, they've got.
Speaker 1: The app.
Speaker 3: Board game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think your face is on it body. It's the guy from the leading.
Speaker 3: Bang of Game show hosts and all friends.
Speaker 4: It's a really good question.
Speaker 3: Hard for Todd Woodbridge from the Tipping Point to see because he's a tennis I love the Tipping Point as well. But is it a club? Is it a game?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 2: The only reason I go to the logis at the end of the day is to just punched Home Gleason in the face. Let's be honest, because it's war and people it's so funny because well, let's be honest, I'd have to put Larry on my shoulders to punch him in the face. But it's everyone thinks that we all hate one another, like we meet up at some sort of back alley and just sort of have it out with one another at some point. But I gotta be honest when I break my back in a Monster Truck crash and Larry Mda sat on my bedside for for weeks and just kind of just you guys, great mates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're playing the deal and didn't know your game board games?
Speaker 5: Can we ask com you would sing to me? Can I ask a serious question? I'm just on that when you break your back and I know you went through a real ship time in life, and I think it was a podcast or an artic who I was reading and I was still in the guys the other day. Is it true you were filming a show at the time when you decided it's all just too much, I need to go overseas for help. And you went to the airport, just chuck your phone in the bin and got on a plane. And at that exact moment, there's a studio audience in a studio waiting for you to rock up and film like they were all ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bit hazy, to be honest, that memory, that chucking the phone in the in the bin at the airport definitely did happen.
Speaker 3: What show were you supposed to be filming?
Speaker 4: I think it might have been. I thought it was it was called it was a quiz show.
Speaker 1: When I read that. I was like, you know this entame industry.
Speaker 5: You know how much work goes into productions and stuff like that, and you don't take that lightly and you're very proud of the work you do.
Speaker 1: But it stood out to me how.
Speaker 5: Much of a bad spot or place you must have been for you to go I've got to stop right now.
Speaker 1: You know what it was.
Speaker 2: And if you if you google a picture of me, you know, in my last days of Sunrise, it's it's it's not a pretty looking picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the one thing that it kind of broke my heart for a long time, but I'm okay with it now, is that no one, not one single person, ever said are you okay?
Speaker 3: Really one? Did everyone know how much you're struggling?
Speaker 4: Or were you not good?
Speaker 3: Because I've had friends in similar situations and they're pretty good at hiding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look I looked on well, I was. I was just I was absolutely proper burnt out. But I think no one wanted to ask the question because the machine was still going and if they asked the uncomfortable question, then that means they have to respond to an uncomfortable answer. So no one asked, and it was extremely lonely because I was struggling and I was was a workaholic and my life would was was television.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's changed since then? Like I would proudly say, with this team, which we know awareness when.
Speaker 5: One of us is off the other tour was like go take the time, never feel bad or like you know, we're you guys pretty good at flagging it with me and calling me if I seem off or you yeah, advice.
Speaker 4: That's that's a great environment. Is it like that from a management level?
Speaker 2: I don't know that's great that you're spotting each other like that, But I think and this is the yeah, we really do.
Speaker 4: And I felt like whilst the money was coming in for.
Speaker 2: The network, no one wanted it to stop, and it was only me that was like if I don't do something, I'm going to die. And I just and I broke every rule in my own personal rule book of I blew up the relationship. I just I just burned the bridge and just for my own safety, my own health and also the future that I had to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the moment where you went that I actually need to put myself first because a lot of people don't.
Speaker 4: Do that yeah, it was so.
Speaker 2: I was struggling in the recovery of the broken back, and I had an addiction to the pain medication, and it's it's something that no one warns you about, Like you go to hospital, you'll get an injury, they'll treat it, they'll send you out with a bunch of prescriptions, and no one will sit you down and go, hey, this could be the road to hell. These things may happen. And I'm still so ashamed and embarrassed about the things that I said and did to my wife in that period of pain addiction. It was just it was humiliating and destructive. And I remember, there's this, There's one picture I always try and remember because you know, you've got to monitor your own behavior, right, and we all know, am I drinking a little bit too too much?
Speaker 4: A little bit too often? Is my behavior slipping a little bit?
Speaker 2: And there's one thing that I always try and learn and remember to catch myself, and it's an image of in the addiction.
Speaker 4: For some reason, that night, I wanted I wanted Scotch. I was living in an apartment in the CBD.
Speaker 2: I left it in the middle of the night, just in my undies walk around no clothes on, just dundies for Scotch, in a delirium. And then I got lost. And then my wife's looking looking for me for three hours, like just where the hell is he gone? And I could barely walk right, like freshly broken back, and I'd got lost in the building. And she found me three hours later in the fire escape, asleep on the ground, just curled up in the corner, just stuck and lost next to someone else's pooh, like it was just someone had taken a dump in the fire escape. And here I am asleep on the on the ground in my undies, lost and I just try and remember, I try and remember that.
Speaker 5: Slipping or There's not many people that would have turned things around that you have.
Speaker 1: So I hope you take a moment be proud of yourself with how fa you've.
Speaker 3: Come to putting yourself first, Like that moment of going I'm not doing this anymore must have been so hard but so powerful for your family as well, to go he's recognized it and he's going to deal with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lost script on reality and.
Speaker 3: You yourself when you're in that state. I've had friends in very similar situations, and I've looked at them and gone, that is not the friend I know and love. And I really sincerely hope they're able to turn a corner and you can offer someone so much help, but quite often you do really have to look within. And I'm the only one that can fix this right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: No one else is going to help me. If it was meant to be, it was up to me, and I was.
Speaker 2: You know, I wouldn't be here. I absolutely would not be here if I didn't do something about that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think conversations like this massively help for people who are in a similar situation.
Speaker 3: Your life now is great, you're living on it. I mean you're living on a farm. You've bought a fump, You've rolled in here into turtleneck and the leather jacket.
Speaker 1: You don't see.
Speaker 5: Clemping on a turtle neck. The other day and I was waiting for the details of the new iPhone, I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: You still look like a guy and you're now a farmer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we had some cows and beautiful Scottis Highland cows and then we re raised them there and.
Speaker 3: We love you on the telly mate, just quickly I've got I know Jason's looking at the clock. I don't care. This is a big question. Chus he's still going to witch school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she went to.
Speaker 1: Minutes. I'll give you, don't we'll give you. I'm not blow on this show out to talk. Which school she's got a broom?
Speaker 3: She's filig she went to a college in the UK to become a witch.
Speaker 1: So they do it? Which school?
Speaker 4: Medium ship? They teach you how to talk to the dead?
Speaker 3: I love this stuff?
Speaker 1: Can we get that's a special podcast?
Speaker 3: Can we get cheesy?
Speaker 1: That's not a live thing.
Speaker 3: Many questions about the farm, but being the fun we.
Speaker 1: Must stop granted had to hit the Telly seven am weeknights deal or idea. We love you mate many times there.
Speaker 3: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials.