Speaker 1: Hello, working on a podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the pod.
Speaker 3: God, Yeah, just quickly, I know you're flexible on it. Oaks Day, Yes, we're going as a Yes.
Speaker 4: Now, there was an email that went out yesterday that may have caused some trauma to some people thinking they had been uninvited to Oaks Day. Wrong, it is an invitation to some other lunch that the Oak.
Speaker 5: We're still going to the main event.
Speaker 1: We're still going to the Oak. What are you what are you lads wearing?
Speaker 2: So Oaks Day is lady have you been before?
Speaker 5: Not an Oaks Day?
Speaker 2: Oaks Day's lady's day. So the laurel Well, no, it's not.
Speaker 4: Wear a dress, but it's like little black dressed like pastels and florals.
Speaker 2: But you can wear with it.
Speaker 4: You were a bit of color, but I think the flower of the day is a pink rose.
Speaker 6: So could I wear a floral shirt like a floral.
Speaker 7: But you must wear a tie. You have to wear a tie in the bird cage.
Speaker 5: You must wear thy good to know tie you're in the birdcake.
Speaker 4: So it's basically the members. It's a members owned by the members, basically enclosure. So you have to have a the members dress code, which I believe is a tie? What's upon a time men had to wear socks and people who turned up with.
Speaker 7: Short pants with not and you were allowed short.
Speaker 5: No, okay, I'm wearing socks, a tie and a smile.
Speaker 7: Wear a suit no where so but yeah, it's there's not real dress.
Speaker 1: Perry did have a Fernando. Sorry, I am wearing.
Speaker 2: Red or pink.
Speaker 7: If you want to match, I might wear pink. No, not pink, red or blue.
Speaker 5: We're all going?
Speaker 8: You were?
Speaker 7: Isn't the whole team going?
Speaker 6: I didn't know what in the email list, just didn't have you in there. But that's because you have your own saying.
Speaker 1: You were saying fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm happy not to go with someone.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Derby and Cup Now three days is a lot.
Speaker 1: Bucket?
Speaker 5: Then laws go all four days.
Speaker 2: I can't let Alie go with you.
Speaker 9: I'm not going with all the boys.
Speaker 7: Who's going to babysit you all? If I'm not there?
Speaker 1: Hollie? How is it go for when you should do a speech?
Speaker 4: You can leave one of your five first class, but the riches the last races maybe like five for an Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Why do you need to be you got.
Speaker 1: To he thought it might be a ten pm job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well don't you must be there till midnight?
Speaker 3: Right if we're this feels like a me host in the after party, sort of end up.
Speaker 2: In my basement.
Speaker 1: Well, be in the bar, in the bar, the bar. Basement sounds a book us in for.
Speaker 5: The rave room.
Speaker 4: Ye neighbors are, movie said to them yesterday. If we finally freak you out.
Speaker 3: To these there ones directly next door, we love them. And as you get some bloody you know, high end, I'm tight.
Speaker 2: We have to sound proof the base.
Speaker 1: So they can't hear it.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, the races or the basement.
Speaker 6: I have to see what my parental duties are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you have a curfew?
Speaker 5: Bring the baby? Bring do you get?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: Nick is usually pretty.
Speaker 4: How many days a year you loud out without as a new dad.
Speaker 6: I think I've been there. I think I've been.
Speaker 1: Out quite a lot.
Speaker 2: You've pushed it, have you?
Speaker 6: I don't even think no, no, no. The Nick's pretty relaxed. It just depends on what she's got work the next morning and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So it's but you've got work next next morning.
Speaker 1: You sound scared?
Speaker 2: Yeah you.
Speaker 7: Are you scared of Jase or are you scared of your baff well both and your child.
Speaker 6: I'm going over at five and you'll be like, now, just stay for another drink and then it'll.
Speaker 7: Be when you want to leave.
Speaker 4: You do not tell a single person till you on the way home.
Speaker 6: And then you guys did that on the acres at the after parting, and that was my favorite thing that I did.
Speaker 9: I wanted you do.
Speaker 6: Already. I think you guys were at the bar, but at the Acress, I was just like, it wasn't feeling anymore and I just left. And then I was like, I have gone, and I made the right decision.
Speaker 7: Always never tell, especially after a day of drinking.
Speaker 10: People like called the smoke bomb or an Irish goodbye or calls it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you don't say goodbye, otherwise you'll be stuck there forever.
Speaker 6: No, it was beautiful. I was very happy with that decision.
Speaker 3: If people think you're onto them, right, they're like, hey, watch fucking Nando's.
Speaker 1: He's about to leave. He's about to leave. And you say, hang, chop office, just get a drink order. Then you go to the bar.
Speaker 2: Then James, what are you wearing?
Speaker 9: Cis I don't know, Sissy, I need help.
Speaker 8: It's going to be.
Speaker 9: It's your day, it's my day.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, Birka. Isn't it best Nick? By Thursday?
Speaker 6: What are we leaving to go?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, Cissy.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna need your.
Speaker 1: From there.
Speaker 7: Should we go matching?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mini Stars and us.
Speaker 5: We'll go to Spotlight?
Speaker 2: Shout up?
Speaker 5: Didn't?
Speaker 9: He definitely didn't.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go tomorrow.
Speaker 9: You could have got your eye.
Speaker 5: Pass from they're coming in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have to go today.
Speaker 9: You have to go today. It's a meet and great tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going today.
Speaker 10: You can't believe you were like so close to going yesterday because we went and got coffee after the show.
Speaker 5: I was like, it's just there.
Speaker 9: I'm going to drive.
Speaker 5: The manager called me, She's like, hey, is he coming? I was like yeah, And then she texted me to be like is he coming? We're going to different No, I'm not getting wrapped up in your lives.
Speaker 1: You're coming.
Speaker 5: No, I'm nice, you are.
Speaker 4: I'm sure?
Speaker 2: Are you going?
Speaker 5: We're the lovely people at Spotlight.
Speaker 1: Lovely People would like to.
Speaker 10: Give some gifts and some vouchers because Jace mentioned the other day that he was looking for some outfits for the kids, and they're like, yeah, tell him to drop by. And every day he said, yeah, I'm going. Yeah, I'm but today's the day. Today's you said that yesterday, today is outfit day. Well you should have communicated.
Speaker 1: That if you come with me, I'll buy you schnitz.
Speaker 5: I'm back in my bullshit though.
Speaker 10: I've got my lunch and I've got my lunch aide and my breakfast made.
Speaker 7: What is that He's back on his shred I'm back on shredding. He's shredding for oats day.
Speaker 5: Shredding for the races.
Speaker 7: He's shredding for it.
Speaker 1: Can't spell shred without schnitz.
Speaker 7: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 9: I've never had schnip.
Speaker 1: What will you come with me?
Speaker 4: No, you're going today and I've got to do postcards today.
Speaker 1: It's just from the CBD. Where are you doing postcards?
Speaker 2: Williamstown, the woods?
Speaker 1: You know what spream Williamstown.
Speaker 6: If I could afford to Willamstown and we just drove through it the other day, I was like, I would love it, spinning.
Speaker 9: It's away, really, it's not that far away.
Speaker 5: It's just over the West Girt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anything over the westcats, far.
Speaker 7: Away beach side Italians read food.
Speaker 1: It's a cool. It's like you're living in a different town.
Speaker 6: I mean I feel like I can It's it hasn't changed in twenty years, which is the big problem with Willamstown. And maybe cards to do it good.
Speaker 2: Because I'm doing the chaosk by.
Speaker 7: The Sporto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I'm doing morning Star Hotel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they just renovated that. We almost went on Sunday, but it looked packed when we go past. We went to a different pub.
Speaker 7: And then oh, I actually need to get moving to be there earlier than that.
Speaker 1: What tell me? Are you on?
Speaker 6: Tell me if the Morning Stars good?
Speaker 7: I will eleven thirty eleven thirty, I got to go do fr move Hamm and.
Speaker 2: Make up, jen Z. I'm concerned about what you're gonna wear the race.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 9: Can we do a date on the weekend? Oh, you're busy, you go to.
Speaker 4: I just wish I was smaller and you could win. I was gonna say, oh, you were bigger, but no, I wish I was smaller and you could shame a wildrobe. I'm trying to think what I've got that might work from the old way like the same.
Speaker 6: Can I wear your.
Speaker 9: Swimming can you help me with my hand?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've got a suit. I just might change up the shirt blue or green green?
Speaker 6: Times is the vibe?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 6: Tan hans and jacket Yeah? Yeah, like pans and a blue jackets and shirt and might do a navy jack.
Speaker 7: Now let's also keep in mind we have I've got the forecast.
Speaker 2: It could be thirty grees.
Speaker 7: Yeah, alter slight.
Speaker 5: It was like thirty one degrees.
Speaker 9: Now, I'm oh, I'm stressed.
Speaker 1: Now I am looking forward to slick black and white on Saturday. I like it.
Speaker 4: I love black and white black. I like my dress arrived last night and I put it on.
Speaker 1: To do it, to do it like a paraded for Paul.
Speaker 2: And he said, dding.
Speaker 9: No one's saying anything.
Speaker 4: Case you want to use this audio. I put on my Derby day dress. I got him to zip it up.
Speaker 5: Don't turn around.
Speaker 2: And is that your Halloween?
Speaker 9: He said, what is that your Halloween? Costumes? Plain black?
Speaker 7: Well, it's fashion and.
Speaker 2: You thought I would look like a witch.
Speaker 4: He wasn't joking, he was He laughed so much and I said, no, this.
Speaker 1: Is are you going more tishir.
Speaker 11: It's quite like, it's beautifully like drape and beautiful tailoring. But the sleep the sleeves are a bit like so they've got to be tailored somehow between now and Saturday.
Speaker 2: But it's also got it's very fashion.
Speaker 9: It's slicks and.
Speaker 2: Elbows and slips.
Speaker 1: Here you'lashed, guys.
Speaker 2: It's a Vivian West.
Speaker 5: For ventilation to get in through your arms.
Speaker 4: And I sent it to my girlfriend and she said it looks like it's made of toilet paper.
Speaker 7: And I was like, just wait until.
Speaker 1: It ariy, I want to walk in with you.
Speaker 4: No, And then my friend Elliott, the stylists like, you must wear this. It's amazing, he said, but it is a look. He said, you are throwing a luke. Said, you are throwing a luke.
Speaker 2: So it's quite.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Elliott to help me with the shirt and tie.
Speaker 9: Maybe Elliott can help gen Z as well.
Speaker 2: Should we call let's call him people.
Speaker 9: I did meet him on the wing on private.
Speaker 2: Please be hang, I'm calling you on private.
Speaker 1: Give me the number.
Speaker 2: Give me the number, please answer. It's funny.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's his number. Yes, So, Paul, can you believe he said that to me? We should play this. It's not here and he will die over that.
Speaker 5: He's got some good liners recently, Paul hasn't he.
Speaker 4: Paulie, Oh god, he's so funny, but he's so offensive and he doesn't.
Speaker 1: We should we should play it to click. I'm ringing.
Speaker 8: Elli speaking.
Speaker 7: It's Jason, Lauren and the whole production team on our podcast Best Time Caller.
Speaker 8: Wow. Wait, how's the professionals with.
Speaker 7: Text saying I'm calling on private?
Speaker 1: We were talking regarding that talking Lawrence Halloween outfit.
Speaker 4: You know, I put it on yesterday to show Paul and he said, is that your Welloween?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Okay, yeah, yeah. So the biggest question is where she park it?
Speaker 1: Does it look like a little witch meets more tishire from the Adams family.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 8: Look, now, I love my straight male friends. This is no attack on them, but let me give you the hot ship. Straight guys do not understand a good outfit. So yes, so you don't style you on multiple occasions. So leave the styling to the gays, leave the taste to the gays, and leave the punting to the strait.
Speaker 9: That makes sense.
Speaker 7: Now, Jase wants to know if you should wear a wooden bow tie.
Speaker 1: No, don't, don't do that.
Speaker 8: Elliott a wooden bow tie. Well well, well, well a wouldn't bow tie if he wears on those or naughty hats that has a little fan on top.
Speaker 7: Of Oaks Day, you're going with the whole team, Elsie on it.
Speaker 1: We've got Derby Day and then Oaks Day. Navy suit or green suit navy?
Speaker 8: Actually, how green is the green?
Speaker 1: Green?
Speaker 9: Like a car like green limes?
Speaker 8: I actually, I actually really really liked deeper green.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I've seen caliber.
Speaker 8: It's like if it's like a deeper green, and yeah, I'm kind of fun about that. What tie should you wear with green into a monarch making to a white shirt with the matching green tie, which would be really really.
Speaker 1: Nice so wouldn't look like a joker you'll die?
Speaker 8: You could do you CONDI green and navy to be honest, like, you could actually do a navy tie with green so or you could reverse it to the nighby with green type baby green got nice together.
Speaker 1: Always a white shirt, yes.
Speaker 8: Always a white shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't go colored shirt, hey were unless.
Speaker 8: You wanted to go like full monochromatic. But no, I don't know, I don't reckon. That's that's kind of advanced. Silent level.
Speaker 4: Okay, Elsie, We've got gen Z here, who's our seven year old producer. She's the baby and the team going to the races for the first time. What what Luke should any questions?
Speaker 9: I just need help anything, Benji.
Speaker 8: I'm going to give you a word of advice that at his first time race, so I need to get If you take your shoes off, I'll personally come to you. I will drive to Flemington, I will put you in the back of my car and I'll take you home under a veil.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 8: No matter how many twos you had, and no matter how so you freed out the suit stany on, Okay, and then you're gonna have to have fun with it. Like at the end of the day, you've got to go out there and feel like yourself. Don't go out there feeling like something you wouldn't normally wear, because you'll feel uncomfortable and you won't have.
Speaker 1: A great time.
Speaker 9: I need you, like pick my outfit for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll send some picks to.
Speaker 3: Elsie, send me some option, okay, Nanda sa our video guy.
Speaker 1: Once tonight, I win sheet it not acceptable? Correct? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I don't. E'll let you into the ga with.
Speaker 3: He was asking about was it camel pants jacket or does it need to be a suit.
Speaker 8: Ropes, No, you can mix it up. I think you can definitely mix it up. I think with the tan and stuff like that, like stick to kind of more like classic colors, like don't put like cannon pink and cannoniscules start to wash you out a little bit, and the colors like won't hold against each other like cannon navy round looks too nice as well. Put it back with the brown like r and Williams kind of boot and you can kind of tie your jacket into your shoe. Like that's a nice combination.
Speaker 4: There you go, well done as hey, Elsie, do you remember the year that you went to Melbourne Cup and you look like aside from Gangham style in that embroidered.
Speaker 8: Let me just first of all that suit put me on the mat, So that was that was a Jack London bargains be in Chinese Dragons suit. But yes, I did a game and style in the My marquine, a very dear friend of our tapmccrab may or may not have got somewhere in the vicinity of motivoators in front.
Speaker 7: Of her box, Elsie, what year was it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find the photos.
Speaker 8: Of the dragons.
Speaker 7: Suit know I've got them.
Speaker 1: He comes, Elliot, I don't know that photo.
Speaker 8: That would be for two eleven.
Speaker 2: All right, I reckon, I've got it.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna find it.
Speaker 8: Archive, I will be, I will. Are we seriously one hundred archives?
Speaker 1: All right? We will send you options.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Elliott, good luck, guys, back and winner.
Speaker 9: Bye.
Speaker 1: There we goes.
Speaker 4: Wait, guys, are you ready to see the photo? I've definitely got it here.
Speaker 1: She gets, sorry to play.
Speaker 5: You know he's still doing gigs.
Speaker 10: The video from recently when he jump stage and there's legitimately two billion people.
Speaker 1: Goes, okay, go and they blast him out of this.
Speaker 5: And he gets some high Fuck me, man, they go off here they do go three minute concerts. That's only one, and then encore we'll do it again again. So funny reset the stage story.
Speaker 9: Can I wear white on those?
Speaker 4: I mean you could do something pretty in your hair, like a little pink oh or something like, yeah you can.
Speaker 9: It's a cute little peasant gave the.
Speaker 1: Receipt very virgin. You're not going to burn up on entry, aren't you?
Speaker 7: Essentially num won't be the first.
Speaker 2: I can't. I will find it.
Speaker 3: Guys, we must go, We must go tomorrow, will continue fashion, have a great day everybody, Now, who will be the messiest?
Speaker 1: My money's on Brady. I think, what's he wearing? Broes, what are you wearing?
Speaker 5: Are we wearing? A dark blue suit?
Speaker 8: No belt?
Speaker 5: Blue tie?
Speaker 6: And Irm Williams. He's big on the no belt at the moment. No belt, he says, that's the new thing. Thought I was pretty fashion forward, but.
Speaker 1: I just bought a nice belt. I want to wear the belt. Yeah, I'll wear it as a lad.
Speaker 5: My hippers on themselves.
Speaker 8: Still like h