Speaker 1: Isaiah Yo. The very first Panthers have reached two hundred and fifty games for the club, more than Steve Carter, then Craig Gower, more than the legendary Royce Simmons, very own Brandy Greg Alexander.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't got the ball.
Speaker 3: Everything's clear.
Speaker 4: I've comed all the way through from outside in it came and just everything's over that line.
Speaker 3: He's pushed the port sharp.
Speaker 4: They came to see where that gets us.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's going to be perfector robbers, how were wrapping?
Speaker 2: Those were moments this.
Speaker 3: Week, Isaiah Yo. The captains Warrior Schers.
Speaker 1: Open with Nathan Cleary. He's co captain all four Grand Final wins. Stoppaball played fourteen times for the Blues and that's right. Captain the Kangaroo's last Year's Specific Championships try and he's still only thirty.
Speaker 4: I really got there, akind of trouberver resilience to go now.
Speaker 1: Seventy second, having deboted twenty fourteen as a one hundred and ninety five centimeter seven three.
Speaker 6: Quarter, leaves the Panthers to the.
Speaker 1: Frontier tonight from the Rugby League production line that he's Dubbo and new South Wales, Central West. This old man Justin was a centimeter taller, one ninety six and a dead ringer who played for Norse and the Tigers. They say he never let anyone down.
Speaker 7: Like father, like son.
Speaker 4: Welcome to an hour old three sixty rugby league. From every end you're dreaming me the great Gordon Tallis, that's Bender, Jeronato, Australian, James Hooper and Dave Ricchio. And Isaiao becomes first Panthers player ever to play two hundred and fifty games for the Panthers. And it's quite the surprise. But what a magnificent achievement by Isaiah.
Speaker 5: Great happening there by Maddy Nabel and all those great players at Penrith that he surpasses. I never would have thought a senat And just the way his game is growing. No matter what level he goes to, he's one of the best players on the field.
Speaker 3: What a player.
Speaker 5: He's only thirty, so where he gets to he's pretty durable as well.
Speaker 3: But congratulating and.
Speaker 5: It's not the two fifty right when people talk about numbers, Arthur Beats have played one for Queensland and that sticks with us all the time. It's how many good games he's played for Panda. It's not just running out for two fifty. He's played a lot of quality games from.
Speaker 7: It's fitting Gord.
Speaker 8: He given all the blood, sweat and tears that he's put into that jumper. He's a great role model off the field, and then the way he's evolved, Like he began his career in the centers. He played one game on the wing, then he was in the second row for a number of seasons and he actually didn't move to Locke until the twenty twenty season, which is when Penrith have gone on this run of five straight ground four.
Speaker 3: He plays lock a backup half back, doesn't he really?
Speaker 9: When things go pear shaped with Nathan or Nathan has to come off the field, incomes Isaiah and plays this brilliant ball playing style. The greatest respect you can give Isaiaho comes from the legends that are so many from Penroth, Royce Simmons, Greg Alexander, Brad Fhittler, so many of them speak as Isaiaho will go down as the greatest Panther of all time.
Speaker 4: That's what surprises me. There's so many legends of the club that have played there for a long period of time for him to be the first to hit two fifty. You know, it caught me off guard a little bit, And you're right, Gordy. The quality in which he's played nearly every one of those games, the transformation, the evolution. You know, when you first watched him play in the centers for the pend of Panthers, there is not one person that could possibly have predicted where this guy was trending and where he was heading in his career. And the player that he's become. I mean, it's not only his performances on field, it's his leadership. His leadership is just you know, even the way he carries himself on the field. He's quite a humble guy too. It's an incredible achievement, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Who's real, ol, Look, it's a fantastic achievement. I remember going to Panthers training would have been about twenty fifteen, and he did notice him because he was a tall unit and he stood out and we're asking questions because we weren't sure too much about his background. They said, look, he's come from Dubbo. He's tough. His old man was a good footballer and played for Valmain and they weren't sure what his best position was going to be. But to your point, he evolved his game and he's clearly worked extremely closely with Ivan and Nathan Cleary to get it where it is today.
Speaker 7: But you talked to.
Speaker 8: Plenty of forwards and he's certainly not underrated by anybody in the game.
Speaker 4: Let's think with the Panthers and Ivan Cleary has had a lot to do with Isaoh and his performance and where he is at the moment. You've spoken to Ivan, what's happening out there at Penis.
Speaker 9: Yeah, guys, look absolutely spoke to him the other week, sorry, earlier this week, and very candid, quite honest, was Ivan about the current predicament of the Panthers where they are thirteenth on the NRL. Ad of guys, I just unheard of where we think of the penwith Panthers defensively leaking twenty eight and a half points a game completely on Penrith and throughout this four week period we've seen in after injuries started eat away the Panthers. Ivan has described it as one of his great challenges since being appointed head coach of PENRITHT at this point in time, and I've got the sense what he was talking about there is it's much harder to stay on top than it is to climb from the bottom. And that's where Ivan sees the challenge that everyone's coming for them. They've got some chinks now, you can't deny it. They've been leaking player after player, and he knows that this will be one of his greatest tests to try and resurrect what has been a sluggish start to the season.
Speaker 3: You since does he think?
Speaker 5: He knows that he's got all the pieces of the puzzle and he's just got to put it back together.
Speaker 9: I think for the first time, Gordy Ivan's understanding of how long these guys have been up for Isaiao is a great example. Through a five year Grand Final campaign, He's played in Origins World Club Challenges, test matches, so end of season's test matches, your preseason start later, and you can only gem so much in the elite players of Nathan and Dylan Edwards and Isaiah and that I just wonder it now, are we starting to see a little bit of fraying the of those elite players because they've been off for so long.
Speaker 4: I don't know the depth they've had, you know, over the past four or five years with players leaving because of the salary cap and because of the success that they've had. They've also had injuries in key positions, which you can't have in that when you've got that situation. Clear he goes down missus the Melbourne game early missus last week. Edward's out. He's been their most consistent performer, you know, for a number of years now, so you just can't afford that as a top grade team or an elite team to have those interruptions now because they don't have the depth that they used to have. And we were all a little bit concerned, you know, first show really about whether they sort of fall off the cliff this year. And I wouldn't say they've fallen off the cliff, but they're certainly not looking like they have past seasons.
Speaker 8: I still think they're going to be okay, breath based on that. As long as Nathan Dylan, Edwards, Mitch Kenny, those key position players Moses lead are all on the field and they're there come September, then I still think they're absolutely playing finals football.
Speaker 7: But it probably is the biggest.
Speaker 8: Challenge for Ivan Clear since he signed with Penrith because it was a big deal. The West Tigers had to pay a transfer for you for him to join the club. There were off field challenges when he arrived at the time, they didn't make the finals in his first season, and then he's since gone on to create this dynasty. But I would say at this point in time, right now, this is his biggest challenge.
Speaker 4: To add all of this and something that I think has been underestimated is to switch to Kombink. Now, Penwith Park was a fortress for them. They've hardly lost games there season after season. They've gone to colmback Kombank. Albeit they've only played a couple of games there, but that's going to continue. But a different atmosphere, not as many crowd, I believe, if you've got.
Speaker 3: To I think it's an absolute factor.
Speaker 9: Look, he might be only scratching on the surface to this point because they've only played that one home game so far against the Roosters, but only twelve thousand fans turned up.
Speaker 3: Right, again, twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: It's twenty minutes and they're not going to watch a dud footy side.
Speaker 8: There's something for the po surrounding areas. It is an awesome experience going to Penrith Park, like the way that the club has set it up there on with you Gordon. It is only twenty minutes down the road, so it's not that much of a challenge, but it is a unique experience going to venue at the foot of the mon So.
Speaker 9: Twelve thousand turn up to combat against the Sydney Roosters. Guys, it's a Sydney team Friday nights.
Speaker 7: The Roosters fans don't always they're not.
Speaker 9: Travelers Friday nights six o'clock, all right, it is Friday night, six o'clock against the Cowboys. Now, I'm fascinated to see if Penwith fans have got any reason whatsoever to get out there.
Speaker 3: It's for Isaiaho.
Speaker 9: But I think this is a factor that we may see play out that they're not running out the Hell's bells packed at Penwouth Park with the Panther.
Speaker 7: Scout than the c and out.
Speaker 8: They still play Hell's bells of combat.
Speaker 3: The atmosphere.
Speaker 7: Game.
Speaker 3: The atmosphere is not the same.
Speaker 5: The atmosphere is not the same. People are still too competition. The stadium doesn't make it. The people in the stadium make it. We saw so we saw COVID and we saw suncur It wasn't a great atmosphere, was it. So the people that walk in the venue, And if you're a Panmouth fan, you should get there twenty minutes away to watch this great team play.
Speaker 4: All right now, Ivan loves the theme each year. Is he running out of ideas? Does he have a theme for this year?
Speaker 9: Well, look he spoke about that, and you know they have had the undisputed tag top Gun. We saw what was it they tapped into that top Gun movie.
Speaker 3: That's right, all that.
Speaker 9: Last way that they come on by the way he did last week last week last season it was Mana the Pacific Nation's tribal theme. And look, he says it's too early to start coming up with themes. They usually come up with something later in their run of the finals.
Speaker 3: Struggling with the thing.
Speaker 5: Is God, don't push me because I'm close to the edge.
Speaker 3: You to speak to that you might be able to speak to this year. One of there it is is one of.
Speaker 9: The factors is is they don't have that retiring player this year, guys, And it's been a factor.
Speaker 5: And getting come up with one living on a prayer and I've only ever had one in my fourteen years, and I didn't really like a theme. The themers work hard and go there and try it.
Speaker 9: You aren't going to play that little bit harder for your best mate who's finishing up at the club to try and win a premiership with him.
Speaker 5: Absolutely you do. But then that's the theme. It's not a song, it's not the.
Speaker 4: Theme has worked there, Gordy, but they've also had a cha' as well.
Speaker 3: Did you say that, top Gun?
Speaker 9: I'll say this brace The losing Grand final team also have a theme, I'm pretty sure, and we don't hear about it because they've lost.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, paying Hass has confirmed he's likely to switch allegiance to Samol but the superstar prop won't make it cool until Origin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not really going to talk about it, but I will be transparent and so I have been considering it, but I'm not going to make a decision until after Origin. So that's me being honest and transparent to everyone. So we can just put that depend on now. So I don't take the grand and goal jump on fly you know it means well, I grew up here in Australia and has given my family lots of opportunities as well. My origin means well, and you want to be in the biggest arena. But like I said, I'm just here to play good footing for the boys and be present here. So it's about representing my grandparents. My grandfather's getting pretty old, to be honest, and obviously I grew up around my son want so, so I'll be silly not to consider it to be honest, and I want to represent them. Yeah, obviously I'll make that decision after Origin, but yeah, I'm not one hundred percent yet, but it still what happens.
Speaker 4: So paynehas saying there that he's not going to make a decision until after State of Origin this year. The feeling is though that he could be gone. Do you guys get that impression.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll reading between the lines.
Speaker 8: It sounds as he's out the door, and from reports that have also emerged this afternoon for saw my Art, he could also be following suit as well. So it's a big moment in the game break in that it's awesome for the international game and it clearly only strengthens that. But I do feel like it is a bit of a slap in the face for State of Origin and also for the Pathway through to wearing the Green and Gold, which for all players who are born in Australia has always been the pinnacle of the game. So I can understand why it is going to upset a few people. It's going to polarize opinion.
Speaker 4: It's always going to upset people, isn't It is always going to polarized opinion. I'm torn on this. I mean, I think every player should have the right to play for whoever they want, whatever country they want, you know, I really do. But I know there are some implications around that, and there's rules and regulations as well, and rules for some and not for others. Again, we brought up that Kalin situation with the tier one, Tier two and all that sort of thing. But you know, I think if he's if he really wants to play for Samorroa and represent his family and his heritage, then he should be able to do that. I don't have an issue with that.
Speaker 9: You can't open you can't open a can of worms, though, right I firmly look, I'm with you and guys.
Speaker 3: I've tossed and turned on.
Speaker 9: This as well, but I still believe State of Origin is the greatest product that the game has and you have to keep it sacrosanct for what.
Speaker 3: It is, and that is that you can't turn it in. We have the NRAL All Stars like we have.
Speaker 9: We have those feature events that cater for all of our different backgrounds, right, but origin is New South Wales versus Coinsland, flip flopping from England to Samoa to New Zealand and back trying to play again for Origin.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's the right of it all. But I think that's you have to be.
Speaker 5: I think our games is bigger than that now and the best part of our game in the pinnacle has to be playing for your country because that's what we all strive for. So when you talk about World Cup SoC so if we keep on saying, you know, these two states playing against each other is the pinnacle, you know, I think that you know we haven't said our sides high enough, and then those guys playing for their country, and that you know, Samorrow and Tong are selling out England, and if we and if we open it up to Samorrow and Tonga, why don't we open it up to New Zealand and England.
Speaker 8: You make a great point, Gordy, in that we can't I think, yeah, no, but you do make a great point. I think this is where in the fair income department the IRL needs to step in.
Speaker 7: Samara and Tonga are no longer.
Speaker 8: Tier two, not in twenty twenty five. Right, Tonga made the final of the Pacific Championships last year and samhow made the World Cup final in the most recent World Cup.
Speaker 7: If you go through all of.
Speaker 5: Their squads, it also comes down much every single and what you're.
Speaker 3: Doing for the game. Would say, it's not all.
Speaker 8: Dave, that's not only that's fine at a lower level, right, But in the fair income department, if you look at the squads from that Pacific Championship final last year and the World Cup final for Samoa, right, virtually every single player has featured in the n L. They're all elite superstar, some of them the highest paid players in the game. So if that's the case, then surely they need to be considered as Tier one nation.
Speaker 4: It's either going to be a free for all or not. Yeah for all?
Speaker 3: Does Victor rad play origin Herbie Farmer? Well, why not?
Speaker 4: Have ridiculous I'm just saying, well, I think it's going to be one of the other I.
Speaker 5: Can't say if you play form and tongue that you can and then say no to the other countries.
Speaker 3: It's not fair on Victor. On the other the problem is protect the origin.
Speaker 4: I'll say this, I agree the originally be fine. No matter what I do know, I'm not going to serve one bit about origin. I'm really not that the players wearing the jersey in origin, no matter who they are, make origin. And it's so such a passionate game. Gordy, you can speak to this more than anyone. It really is. But just back on, we had Abdoh on Heavy Hitters on Monday night.
Speaker 3: The amount of times you use.
Speaker 4: The word global global globalization was about three or four times. So the game is really looking to grow internationally and go abroad, right, So with these players deflecting, it actually grows the international game. So I think that they will not have an issue with it. I think the end all will be fine with Yeah, I think they'll be fine with it.
Speaker 8: So so New South was and Coinsland will just be the best seven. How do you decide who's I don't know what they're going.
Speaker 4: To do, but what I'm saying is is from talking to Andrew, I think they want the game to grow. They want we're going to you know, we go on to Vegas. You know, he wants Samara and Tonga and Fiji everyone to be as strong as they possibly can because they want our game to be on all on the world stage. So if you've got the Samoan team with the likes of Moses, Leoda and Leui and Crichton and has, you know, it does make that they're almost favorites. You know when when you look at the side that Samoa can come up with, So there's so many different angles you can look at this the end of I have really got to just come out with some sort of rules and regulations that everyone needs to abide by because at the moment there's just so much doing and throw.
Speaker 9: So would you would you suggest that the paynhas ops to play for Samoa, that he sits out that then is he available to play Origin again one question? Secondly, or is there a two year three year gap that he has to serve before he can then come back and play.
Speaker 3: And because you're going to just have plays foot rules, you can't be run for.
Speaker 8: The simplest solution, Dave is that if you make Tonga and Tomorrow or Tier one nations right then it is very clear. The rules are very clear clear and players it's then up to the players which way they want to go because in many instances players are born in Australia.
Speaker 7: But I understand they want to represent the.
Speaker 3: Expect on the back of that.
Speaker 4: If that is the case and they make everyone a Tier one team and don't have the tears, it's a three it's a three year. Now you got city out room from what origin to then represent your country? Would they reduce that three years? Possibly for the World Cup? You probably would? Do you know what I mean? Because this is the thing.
Speaker 8: There's so many there's a lot of different layers to it, and our landscapes changed.
Speaker 5: The synic in me is if every jersey was worth the same amount of money, who would you choose? And that's who you play for? And that's the elephant in the room. Good point, all right, let's you mention.
Speaker 4: Take Senna stage on Friday night against his former club and this is going to be huge.
Speaker 10: There is a superstar Latrovitchel.
Speaker 4: Mixel beg Latro.
Speaker 3: Mixellche.
Speaker 4: It is a true Michel. What a game.
Speaker 3: He's happy.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna stop.
Speaker 1: I got to stop it.
Speaker 9: Up from the bonelet is he praying from.
Speaker 4: The bone in the Napo Betro Mitchel? He is back front and center. Dos Latro Mitchell give the Bunnies the edge over the Roosters? Did they already have the edge?
Speaker 8: I think they are he had the edge given the form that they've burned in breakthrough from forward to begin the season. Latrell's off the booze. He's also been training harder than probably the hardest. I heard some of his teammates say this week he looks in as good a condition as they've ever seen him. So I feel as it's going to be a big season for Latrell. He's done a lot of hard work. He's got a point and prove and that spells big trouble for the Roosters.
Speaker 9: I think I think everything Hoops has just said I agree with as farn fit.
Speaker 3: How fit does he look?
Speaker 4: He looks viably different, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: Season?
Speaker 4: Kind of like it's like GEI. You know there was a period there was always a machine, right. I don't compare them as players, but they're similar. Bills and g I just turned up one year.
Speaker 8: And just stop the chest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he was unstoppable that you and you get the same sort of feel, don't you, Gordon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, look Latrell at his best, and you know, maybe the injuries and you know it's like that he's lost the baby fat and the penny drops every now and then, and maybe the trouble he went through last year and all the trouble at South Sydney and the hears say hopefully he's growing up because House Sidney eating. But in this game, I'm not too sure. I think you throw the full out.
Speaker 4: Oh really, yeah, you throw do But I'm worried about this week mate, So from what perspectives ago.
Speaker 5: Of course, three weeks ago Teddy said it was the greatest victory in the club's history other than but.
Speaker 4: I was worried about the weekend. We'll probably get into that made you come up against the Titans.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Details today have Reggie the Rabbit. He's back again, brandish, brandishing a raw chicken. Will he bring this chicken to Friday Night's game? Here, Reggie the Rabbit. I think it was Peter mem Mizola who was quoted when he was fifteen years of age. Charlie. Here he is, Reggie the Rabbit brought a raw chicken in He's.
Speaker 8: Coming with the frozen staggles and just started pulling the legs.
Speaker 3: Of destroyed it too. He's very passionate.
Speaker 4: Reggie got a good right by the way.
Speaker 7: He believes Red and Green. This reminds me of a story.
Speaker 8: So Ronnie Cook many years ago defected from South to the Roosters, and this family of mad Red and Green did in the wool Bunnies Fans used to have a pet rabbit called ron When he switched to the Roosters, they cooked the rabbit and made it. That's how much it means this rivalry be Probably he might have been at the last supper.
Speaker 5: Didn't the great Tommy Vertonic has have a heart.
Speaker 7: Day.
Speaker 6: He did because he's that's a big booked Dylan, who is preparing to make his club debut for the Eels as paramounta struggle to find a win under rookie coach Jason.
Speaker 10: Rynolds Dylan, welcome to Paramatta. It's yeah, it was pretty it was pretty busy. It happened real quick. I flew over one weekend meet with Zi. You know, they're very accommodating, they were nice. I got a sense of feeling that it just felt in the right move and it's your conversation.
Speaker 7: You help with Jason. Where does he see your value?
Speaker 10: Yeah, just the similar role what I've been doing it just through that middle third, controlling the middle, helping the hearts out. You know, there's there's quality plays here and that's what I saw. It just needs a bit of confidence. Nothing's ever going to be perfect. Been in this situation before. Mainly we lost four in a row and there's a lot of potential here and I saw that and I saw the real growth. So quality football side here, a good bunch of blokes. You know, you put those two together, work hard, you know, you can go off and running, and that's what I'm banking on and just can't wait to go out there this week and and show what I can do.
Speaker 4: Dial and Walker there. You know, I don't think he's under too much pressure. He's coming over from the Warriors. They're already struggling at the moment. But hopefully for Paramatter he makes an impact. But it feels like Paramata beginning a four year rebuild. How did they get in this position.
Speaker 9: I think it's a by product of a new coach. Quite simply that Jason Rowles wants to put his stamp on his way. Look, there's a suggestion throughout the game, and that you know Brian Smith, God he might be able to speak to this. Brian Smith had a bit of a mentality of when getting to a new club, clean house, get rid of the leaders, take control.
Speaker 3: Have a young group at your disposal.
Speaker 9: That way you can dictate the path of that group much easier when you've got your more senior experienced players still hanging around from the former coach.
Speaker 8: But I've also Wayne Bennett say when you get to a new club, you don't want to change too much. You might, you might bring one or two players in, but you've got to figure out what you got under the bonnet, and you've got to try and figure a way to make it work so that then you know exactly how you to get.
Speaker 5: Anywhere.
Speaker 9: Well, I think there's no greater examples that Jason Rowse is doing his way, thinks his way with Bryce can't right, Ryan Madison calm too long. He's sitting in New South Wales Cup and kids are being deboot on the bench.
Speaker 3: You know in scenarios you come.
Speaker 7: At a cross though, Dave.
Speaker 8: Look if you look at the numbers to start the year, it's been a brutal beginning. You go back to Paramatta and the opening month of their season last year. I think they won two out of appening four games. They certainly were a lot tighter defensively. The decisions to move on Clint Gartherson and Reagan Campbell gill Out have clearly bit them.
Speaker 7: On the ass.
Speaker 8: And I just feel I don't know how we went from paramaking a Grand Final.
Speaker 3: In twenty two went today.
Speaker 8: Yes, so they let me back in somehow break Yeah, well this tells the Taylor the tape. So to begin the season in twenty twenty four, Paramatter won two games this year, zero wins, points scored. You can see they're going okay last year. This year they are sitting last. They've only scored eleven points. Points conceded last year they eighth this year, their last thirty.
Speaker 7: Two point five points per game. That's all of a lot.
Speaker 8: Misstackles aren't great either, and then you've got your run meters conceited to round it out, So those numbers don't lie. And yes, the Eels had some challenges early doors last year, after the opening month of the season, but I think it just shows it. I don't know how power went from being in a premiership window and making.
Speaker 4: It exactly because they had the team to win a premiership and they thought he couldn't get them there.
Speaker 8: Yes, and they said at that time that they still thought that they had a roster capable of competing for a premiership.
Speaker 7: Well now it's at an act station.
Speaker 9: It feels like you're giving Jason Rowls no time to put his impro on the class transition.
Speaker 3: Which way he wants to take it.
Speaker 8: Now, I'll give him all the time in the world, Dave, because he's four games into a four year deal. But the numbers don't lie and some of the decisions so far, I think if you asked Rollsy now with the benefit of hindsight, would he make the same cause he might have a different Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Because Moses, that's a big loss, right that he packs the numbers there to a degree, not like I'm not going to try, you know, can you you know your lab buttho you know, you know the energy he brings to a team, Like he's just irreplaceable, even in his losses, and even he's always competing so reliable.
Speaker 8: Super Saturday last week we're started into Melbourne Stem. If he doesn't play that game, I don't think St. Georgia law are a win. It's not just what he does with the ball or the little tip ons in attack. It's his organization defensively and the amount of tries that he stops his years break. You're right, he is a leader, He's an energizer bunny. So look, I just get the film and that that hasn't worked out. There's a great decision.
Speaker 9: Can we not ignore that Dylan Brown's in like career low form, yes, like again an attacking spark for that side, he's not.
Speaker 4: Can I just say that has there been a long period of time in his career or a length of time where he has been grateful?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think he started the year that they the Grand Final strongly, maybe half a dozen and eight games. He was very consistent with running the football and then as they went on the run into the finals, he was strong. But now aside from that break, there hasn't been a strong, consistent massive by I think.
Speaker 4: Because of the whole fanfare and deal that he's got at Newcastle. Yeah, it's put pressure on him, but you know he hasn't reached great heights at.
Speaker 3: All yet, not at all.
Speaker 8: We have squirrels in your head when you've when it's on the back page and the front page of so many papers, everybody's got an opinion on it. It's the richest deal in the history of the game. But he comes with But that's not the point. That it comes with enormous pressure and enormous scrup.
Speaker 3: And what is the concern is his response to it.
Speaker 4: You know, the way he's playing now that the elite of our game, the best of our game, you know, respond, the champions respond. That's That's what I was getting to. And this is it's hard to knock him because I actually think he's got so much potential.
Speaker 3: And I think he'll be I actually think he'll be. I've asked him to do a job that he can't do.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The sad part is, that's really.
Speaker 5: The sad part is when I watch him, and I'm not a coach and I'm not a talent scapper, when I watch him, I think he's a bore runner. I think he's more suited to the centers than moving closer to the rug. And I think he's a mile away from running a footy side. And we've caught him a couple of times and hopefully you know, Dylan Walker can like open him up a little bit so I.
Speaker 7: Can get his drunk.
Speaker 5: He's quite squeeze and he can open him up a little bit. But there's but it's chalk and cheese, and sometimes he's lost. He doesn't look like a big talker like when you watch him. He's not pointing, like he's not even getting involved. So I don't know how he digs.
Speaker 4: He just needs to step it up somehow in some way. Now it's taking us a while, but let's get to d C Hoop's war in camps are threatening to release emails.
Speaker 3: This is huge.
Speaker 7: It's getting very murky the D style.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 8: I think they've basically declared an uneasy truce the moment. Off the back of what Daily had to say after the game on Sunday, I think everybody at merely realizes they've got to try and bunker down and do their best to win games and give themselves a shot at the top four. Tommy Turbo is injured. That adds another degree of difficulty. The emails Do they exist? Don't they exist? No one seems to be alleged to well that that Daily's camp, Daily's management. We're seeking a contract worth between one point two and one point two million dollars. That's what they valued his worth on the open market at and Maarier adamant they exist in.
Speaker 4: Saying that Daily's camp said they've never received anything. Ever, that's the conflict, and they've got emails.
Speaker 3: So is it because that who's.
Speaker 8: Got Well, yeah, so there's a lot of claims about emails. We might have to call in the cyber police and get Inspector Gadget to solve it for us.
Speaker 4: So do camp thought they'd make the announcement and just move on day if you got something? Oh?
Speaker 9: I just I just again, I don't want to backtrack on chapter number thirty seven in Saga, However, the naivety of standing up at a press, sitting down on national television and announcing to the world that you will no longer be at Manly and thinking that by making that call on Tuesday morning, you wake up the sun shining and everyone's just moved on and everything. So a okay, I just I just think I can't believe that that would be the context of making that call last Monday.
Speaker 7: N that wasn't going to be the case. He knows, big bombshell development.
Speaker 3: How long doesn't it you should play Origin this year?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I wrote that column in relation to what DCE could do for Manly to give them every chance to do exactly what he claims he wants to do now, and that is to lead them all the way to the premiership. And what a legacy that would be after all this To do that would be extraord for me. The greatest opportunity for him to do that would be to miss the Origin series and give it all to Manly. Don't miss those games that he would sit out for Manly and also too at thirty seven years of age. Right here is a captain exactly so captain according to thirty seven.
Speaker 7: I think he's going to give that up.
Speaker 3: Well, I think there's one hundred thousand we could talk about. We can talk about DC. Oh yeah we will.
Speaker 4: Let's just move on the broadband key you play out match up journees.
Speaker 3: What do you got for us?
Speaker 8: Latrell's backs onging Latrell playing left center for the Bunnies up against Robert Toyer for the City Roosters.
Speaker 7: The young Gun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, matchup tomorrow night goes big Ding Dong battle Adam for Norman Blake for the Sharks up against Raiders Joey Tarpani love it, d Dong, thank you.
Speaker 4: Very much, Day, thank you. Who's this Sunday? The most anticipated come back in Australian boxing, Tim Zoo puts his career on the line against American young gun Joey Spencer and it's live and exclusive on main Events
Speaker 10: No.