Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 1: Were a boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin.
Speaker 2: He's non recyclable, catching her mut I love being love.
Speaker 3: I love love.
Speaker 1: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we are excited to welcome DJ Tiger Lily to the studio to chat all things music, djaying, pregnancy, and how she met the one.
Speaker 2: We'll ask her all about her favorite DJ gigs, what she thinks is the worst song request, and which celebrities have waowed her and who has disappointed.
Speaker 1: I'm also curious to hear how she plans to balance her music career and being a mum. Stay tuned. Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details.
Speaker 3: At vice, and much more. Well.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the studio, Welcome to it for me, Dara, Nice to see.
Speaker 1: You, guys, Nice to finally meet you. We followed each other on socials for a while, so I feel like I got to know you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really nice to just meet everyone in person, I suppose after following online for so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, established before we think we're at an event together once upon a time.
Speaker 4: Yes, potentially. I mean she has DJ all over the country, so I'm assuming she's been out.
Speaker 1: A lot of.
Speaker 4: More. But like I said, I'm going to say definitely we've met before.
Speaker 3: I don't remember much from that night.
Speaker 1: So also we have to start by thinking, congratulations, thank you you are. How how far along are you?
Speaker 4: I've only got seven weeks to go, so like I'm about to pop. Wow, you look incredible, thanks, incredible feeling SHITZI but you know you just hot at the moment in Sydney, as you know, and like being what I think I've maybe put on like seven or eight kilograms heavier. Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot to lug around when you think about it.
Speaker 4: It is walking up these stairs into this studio. We live in a three story house. I avoid leaving the middle level because like I just can't. I just pack everything into a box and like try and do minimal trips up and down because like it's rough that is around. Yeah, that's what I tell you. They say that, and then you have like your second baby and you've got like a toddler and a bag and a pram and the baby.
Speaker 3: Sorry this is your second, No, this.
Speaker 4: Is my first. The first one. They're like, don't carry anything, you've got a toddlers. Yeah, you're maybe child. Gotta do what you're gotta do. So yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Well let's start from the start, because obviously you are probably the biggest female DJ that we have in Australia.
Speaker 4: I would say, thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you get into this?
Speaker 4: So I've been doing it now for almost thirteen years, which is crazy it shows my age. But I did start right out of high school. I did a competition called Your Shot, and I don't know if you guys have heard of it. It's in like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and now Perth as well. And what they do is they get like one hundred or so young kids who want to learn how to DJ and give them like a six week intensive course. And so I did that when I was yeah, straight out of high school. I thought I wanted to be a DJ while also studying to be a dentist lola, and absolutely loved it and ended up coming second in that competition. So thanks, so got a residency at like a nightclub in Sydney. It used to be called Soho.
Speaker 3: So who what?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Some friends their DJ name is Jemalini. I don't think they really DJ much anymore.
Speaker 1: So you're the real.
Speaker 4: Way, yes, because I love the boys absolutely, But it is funny, like it's not always the winner. It's kind of like the Australian idol effect, right, always the winner to do like the long standing career and there have been lots of other people in my cohort of your shot and then like other years that have maybe not even placed, that have done really well. So yeah, yeah, it's pretty cool. It's a great competition.
Speaker 1: I guess it's like yeah, oh wow. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you guys want to join a career.
Speaker 1: Path changed I J.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm pretty good with.
Speaker 4: Everyone thinks they can DJ. Everyone probably can DJ to DJ well, I think it is. But DJ is pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you find that like a lot of people try to do it and they get like a DJ.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of my mates have and it's.
Speaker 2: Just they have one and they just think they know what they're doing at a party and then the.
Speaker 1: Mixer just goes terribly wrong and you're like we talk.
Speaker 4: About it like in the industry, like the people that think their DJ is their personality trait. So like it's like, you know, I'm a runner, I'm a swimmer, or I'm a DJ, are you or like just at house parties.
Speaker 2: And it was like the person was on the ground and they'd be like, is anybody on a nurse Like I'm a DJ?
Speaker 4: So long?
Speaker 1: When did you realize that this could be like a career path when we be like, you know, let's leave the dentistry in the past and let's do this full time.
Speaker 4: So I did one year of dentistry and then change to media and communications. I did that. Did you love it?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 4: A useful degree, but then also like not super useful for me. I suppose, Yeah, I don't know, you can it wasn't too bad. It was better than dentistry anyway. Who thought like I was going to become a dentist, Like I think I was really dreaming. After I finished my degree, I had like the decision of was I going to go and get a job or was I going to just keep DJing? And I was working so much at that point, like I don't know, like four or five gigs a week, like way more than I do now, wow, And I was just like, stuff that, let's give it a go. So while all my friends went off to you know, apply for jobs at different law firms or hospitals or finance places, I was like, yeah, cool, I'm just going to startup my business.
Speaker 1: So yeah, why not. Good on you for like really like giving it a crack and like having the courage to do that.
Speaker 4: It was looking back, there were lots of crazy things that I did. I was so confident and had so much self belief.
Speaker 3: You need that.
Speaker 4: And I thank my younger self because I think as you get older, you definitely start to second guess yourself a little bit more. So I'm very grateful for my you know.
Speaker 1: See, this is another example the power of manifestation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, what would you find as your biggest hurdle or the biggest challenge being a female because it's.
Speaker 1: A male dominated industry for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it definitely is. I think that's changed as time has gone on. So I think at the beginning it was people not taking you seriously.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of female DJs now, isn't there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, there are quite a few, and it's becoming more and more and more, which is awesome. I think it was people didn't take you seriously, and because there were a few DJs who probably like just we was standing there and not really doing anything like with the decks, that they probably gave us a bad rep for the ones of us that actually like did mix properly. So I think that was being taken seriously was the hardest thing at the start, and then now in the last few years, it's been navigating what it looks like wanting to become a mum and wanting to like settle down but then also have a career because pre COVID I was traveling heaps overseas and you know, it's really difficult to maintain that and then also have like a family life too. So that's been something interesting to knownavigate and I'm still kind of navigating that at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was about to say, how are you navigating that, because I mean, you do have such a huge career as a DJ, what does that kind of look like.
Speaker 4: Well, it's meant that, like I've definitely taken a step back from the international stuff, which I'm not too mad about because it is really hard. I like, pretty lonely and a bit depressing, even though it looks awesome on social media media.
Speaker 3: Behind it if people don't realize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's just meant like, you know, being in Australia a lot more, which is fine. I love touring here. It's like pretty fun and pretty easy. And then I've got my last show next Thursday, and then I'm going to take a bit of a break for let's say six months or so, like from the touring side of things. Yeah, but obviously not paid.
Speaker 1: Because you have your own business.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So yeah, that's kind of what it is hopefully going to look like. But I also don't really know. We're gonna just be playing everything by year.
Speaker 2: So you said you've done international gigs, what would be your favorite or like, biggest international gig I've done Overseas.
Speaker 4: The biggest was a festival in Malaysia which was like thirty thousand people, which was pretty nerve wracking. I remember looking out of the crowd being like, can I swear? Yeah, don't fucking press the wrong button, bitch. You have pressures so much writing on this QQ yes and Q takes it back to the start of the song, So like, don't don't press that was the one button. Anything else I could kind of get away with. But if I press Q, I would have been stuff. Didn't PRESSQ.
Speaker 3: My way around to DJ.
Speaker 1: Oh that don't even pretend. I'm just.
Speaker 4: I knew this is going to happen, Like I could feel it in my bone. You That's what I was actually going to say. Okay, So I went to a boat.
Speaker 1: It was a cruise It was like a cruise boat party kind of thing. It's the ship. Did you play on that?
Speaker 4: I did? Many times.
Speaker 1: I went on it's the ship.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, what that is so random?
Speaker 1: It was so random. Yes, we're fun. It was like Singapore to Thailand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was on that boat.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe three years in a row. Yeah, it was probably on it at a similar time.
Speaker 1: That was like one of the coolest I was me and that did the bridge climb last night and.
Speaker 4: We saw like a cruise ship like leaving.
Speaker 1: The port and I was like a boat like that, but it was a party boat and that was like not I mean, you were kind of getting around it a little bit, But how was that?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 3: How many people are on this boat.
Speaker 4: I know a thousands around.
Speaker 3: The same age A party, yeah and one.
Speaker 4: Did you do the American one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I did the American one as well when I was like twenty four. It was awesome. Now being thirty, oh yeah, I now not really my thing. Actually, we were talking about doing an Asian run at the end of this year and they're like, oh, I do you want to do? It's the ship But I was like, not really with the baby, yeah, but all off, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Would you party heats when you did the DJing then, like would you can stay out or would you go there just for work or would you go like party on afterwards?
Speaker 4: In the first like eighteen to twenty four, of course absolutely. And then I had just one too many things where I really stuffed up or made a fool myself, or drank too much or did something so idiotic, and yeah, I just remember one day being like I've got to cut this away. Actually maybe I was like twenty three when I kind of cut it away. And you know what's the craziest thing. I found that almost instantaneously my career trajectory like went like this after like kind of cutting away the alcoholic Yeah. Yeah. We always say this alcohol is just like so poisonous, such a suppressing, especially.
Speaker 1: In Australian culture like binge. Drinking is just so huge.
Speaker 2: So hard though, like everything you go to it's like drinking. Like I don't think I hang out with my mates and it's not revolving around alcohol.
Speaker 4: It's been really interesting being pregnant, like because you actually, well, I suppose I could drink. I've tried a few SIPs of like wine and champagne and it tastes like nail polish remover to me. Like my taste buds of obviously change, so like I'm just not even trying.
Speaker 1: I don't want to drink male polish remover anymore.
Speaker 4: But like it does really change an event for sure or experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I rely heavily on alcohol, like you know, to break that.
Speaker 4: Honestly I do too. I genuinely do as well. Absolutely, like we've got lots of We've got three weddings in the next seven weeks, which is crazy, and I know, and I'm like free samp like they're my favorite thing. I love to just sit on the champagne all day and get boozy and then be on the dance floor. And it is hard it's for sure, Like I take my hat off to people that are sober by choice full time.
Speaker 1: You must have met so many celebrities doing what you do. Obviously you're DJing before after whatever. Have you ever met a rude celebrity.
Speaker 4: I have met a rude one. I'm not going to say who it is, but I'll give you some hints.
Speaker 1: Okay, she was.
Speaker 4: Very hot and cold, and she has done the super Bowl performance. I was going to go up and have a photo with her because she back then this is maybe it was a long time ago. Maybe I don't know, eight years ago, seven years ago. I was obsessed, like, loved everything about her music career aesthetic, still do, but was just like this was when she was doing like you know, her big touring and stuff as well.
Speaker 1: Great, yeah, well the story we need to reevaluate if we still love it.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming. I was like cool, you know. Anyway, I wanted to get a photo with this celeb and I was really too nervous, which is unlike me because usually I'm pretty forthcoming. I was like, you know what, I'm too nervous. I'm just going to leave it. One of my friends went to get a photo and this celeb said absolutely not and left the party. I was like, after someone coming up to her and speaking to her and asking for a photo. Absolutely security guards around and things like that, and she was like not fuck this and left And I'm so glad it wasn't me because I would have been mortified a very long time to come. So you're off, No, I still love her, probably just having a shit day. Yeah, we all do, you know, you do never know, but yeah, I was really unimpressed because you always just hope that they're going to be really down to earth. Yeah, and that's always case.
Speaker 1: What do they say, you never meet your celebrity crush or something, Yeah, never meet your rid of because you never know how they're going to be.
Speaker 4: But like I reckon. In the DJ world, it's different because like most DJs are super nerdy and so they're just like nerdy guys and girls who kind of hang in their bedroom, you know, writing music and mixing and stuff like that. So they're less about like the fame and the glamour and everything. So everyone's really down to earth.
Speaker 2: Who's the biggest name that you've like played with or like environment, like like physically a little bit about a gig like play a DJ set with.
Speaker 4: Lots of them. Yeah, yeah, lots of them. I used to support Tiesta a lot on like all his victory back in Vegas a lot, which was really fun back in the fun party days. Not so much anymore. And then same with like all the other big guys like you know, David Gerda, Martin Garrick's.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's awesome, and they're all.
Speaker 4: Very nice and down to earth, which is epic, Like they're all really sweet.
Speaker 1: Speaking of like famous, I don't know if you could really classify this one, but you can tell me. Obviously, Paris Hilton has become a DJ. What do you think of that?
Speaker 4: I actually don't know. Was she good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? She was fine? It was that a lot if she was fine? I mean I was pretty pier.
Speaker 2: Buster Rhymes was rapping and he's like, say goodbye to Paris Hilton and say hello to DJ Paris Hilton, And then she came out and started playing. Was that this after show fashion?
Speaker 3: Make him alive? That's pretty cool?
Speaker 4: Cool? I don't know actually, to be honest, like I've never seen a play. People hate on her, and because it's International Women's Day, let's just pretend that she's amazing and she does it all.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, Amen, I don't know, Like I.
Speaker 4: Would hate to say she isn't doing it if she is, because like I used to get that and I'd be so frustrated, Like I swear I'm actually mixing. It's not that difficult. So I kind of think she used to date Afrojack, which I think is how she kind of got into the GG. When you do gigs, obviously you would get a rider, is that right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: What's on your rider at the moment? Nothing, water, coconut water, all.
Speaker 1: The healthy stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Usually it's like a couple bottles of champagne, a couple bottles of vodka, a heap of Seltzers coffee, cowls, chewing gum, else shoeing gum is a good one. Ear plugs for all my guests. So, like when I play, I wear ear plugs because like don't want to go deaf. Yeah, But when friends and like say I work with like photographers and videographers at every gig they rock up, none of them have ear plugs. And it's like my pet hate, like don't fucking fuck your ears. Yeah, seriously, put some ear plugs in, Like some cheapackets of beer plugs and then that's kind of it. Nothing too exciting, but like the essentials.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, my fyance. He was the lead singer in a band when he was younger, and he has a little bit of hearing loss in one of his ears.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that the sious because're obviously right whe the speakers are well like a.
Speaker 4: Lot of DJs now, I would say most professionals wear ear plugs, which is fantastic, but a lot of amateurs don't, and even a lot of professionals will wear them in the club and then take them out to play. And like the booth monitors are right next to you, and they are so big and they are so loud, and it's even something I've been conscious with with a baby, like not that there's any proof around it, but like just turning it down making it less loud, yeah, just because it is so loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so loud. Okay, Well, we are going to talk about you kind of navigating being a mom. We're going to hear all about your pregnancy. Next.
Speaker 3: Do you want to welcome us back? Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcome back everyone from our We had to take some time out of the room.
Speaker 1: That was hard.
Speaker 4: Our asses were slipping off the lounge.
Speaker 2: I was saying that my laptop was slipping off my knee.
Speaker 4: My feet were slipping in my crops and they have holes in them.
Speaker 3: So, like, do you want to describe our crocs to everyone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, both, we've both got really cute limited edition crocs.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: I should have all mine. I almost did, and that was like you told me I didn't.
Speaker 3: I said to wear them you got don't.
Speaker 1: And I would have been matchedly.
Speaker 4: You've got the platform once too, Yeah, exactly, those they're so cute. I've got like some cute little decals. I've got like DJ t L. I've got like a lightning strike and a little disco ball. So the baby's nickname is Minni Disco. Oh, it's so cute, disco ball on it. The disco ball is my personal favorite me.
Speaker 3: Too, sticking out pretty far. Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 4: Beautiful ability, but like I haven't seemed to knock it off yet. It's like the baby bomb. Yeah it is DJ disco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what, I actually assumed that's why it was called that.
Speaker 4: Really it actually wasn't. I should dress up as a disco ball in this last seven weeks because like.
Speaker 1: That would be very definitely.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she's like a good idea.
Speaker 1: My brainding managers like, no, does Mini Disco have a name yet? But you've decided on.
Speaker 4: So we don't know if it's a boy or a girl.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you're having a surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My poor husband, he's so devo.
Speaker 3: He's just like he wants to.
Speaker 4: Know, he wants to know.
Speaker 3: Do you want to do a gender reveal?
Speaker 1: Huge, that's gonna be the birthing suite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you didn't be obstetrician being like it's a whatever.
Speaker 2: You don't want to have one of those parties and at least like pink or blue fireworks.
Speaker 1: Smoke not me, not definitely not me.
Speaker 4: That's fair. Look, my husband works construction, and he always said would be really funny to have like one of their company's trucks like pump out like smoke from them, you know, the trucks have those little.
Speaker 1: Hit a golf all.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like, but like, does anyone really care about the gender? Baby? Amazing? So good? We might do one post baby went once we found out to share with Instagram. I really wanted to do one at a festival, like there was meant to be a festival coming up this weekend actually, but it had ended up not being on and I was maybe gonna do it on stage there with like big cannons.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can you That would have been epic.
Speaker 4: Maybe we do that for the next baby, yeah, I promised my husband that will find out the next baby one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because a festival baby, you're probably not gonna do it straight away.
Speaker 3: Recovery.
Speaker 4: Everyone just here for so we don't know the gender. We have like a heap of boy names and like love all the boy names. We have like zero girl names.
Speaker 3: Really run us through some of the boy.
Speaker 4: Names as.
Speaker 3: Why can't you doant?
Speaker 4: He's like, well, it's a big deal what you name your baby, especially being on Instagram. Do you know what?
Speaker 3: Trust me?
Speaker 1: Do you know What's stranger though? Is I have a huge list of girl names in my notes, but like not that many boy.
Speaker 4: Names where the opposite people do tend to find girl names easier. But it's just really hard. And we've only got like seven weeks or maybe less, like quite likely less we need to name this baby.
Speaker 1: So you're seven months out of the nine months? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Seven? And hang on the pregnancy is ten weeks left, ten months and seven weeks least seven weeks.
Speaker 1: Wait, I've always heard that pregnancies last for nine months. Yeah, have I been misled?
Speaker 4: You have. It's closer to ten months than nine months, and you only figure that out when you feel pregnant, because you're like looking at the dates and counting and you're like, hang on, so.
Speaker 3: Why is that? Why why do people say nine months?
Speaker 4: Then it say it's like forty weeks? Is that right? I think forty weeks.
Speaker 3: They go of weeks, don't Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: I'm week thirty three now, yeah, so wow. I think they say nine months because you only find out when you're pregnant a month in because of the way that your period misses and things like that. Right, So maybe that's why. I don't know, But yeah, it's closer to ten months. And it's been tricked. Yeah, I've been lied to. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well that's just a long time as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, telling me.
Speaker 1: Extra few weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it is pretty crazy and it's a very long time. But surprisingly I still feel good. Like everyone's like, are you okay, I'm like yeah, good.
Speaker 1: Well that was my next question. How has your pregnancy been?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It's I've been very lucky, very lucky. But then also you know, you do make your own bed, and having the right attitude I think helps. Yeah, I was pretty I was a zombie in the first three months. It kind of felt like someone took out the personality chip from my brain. Oh my god, I just was so tired. I can't describe it to you. Like you'd sleep twelve hours and be sad that you were waking up because you just would be so exhausted.
Speaker 2: Your body is working over time to make a human.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you're building all the stuff. That's like the build phase, right the first three months or four months, even when you're like really building all the organs and everything of the baby.
Speaker 3: So far, crazy crazy. I said that before it's a human inside it, I.
Speaker 1: Can't actually can't work. Just like blows my mind.
Speaker 3: Meaning disco moving around.
Speaker 4: You said something, Yeah, constantly, it's an active baby. Like we're quite nervous.
Speaker 1: You have this shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a good good couple friend friend couple who are pregnant.
Speaker 3: Sorry pardon me.
Speaker 4: We have some good friends who are pregnant at the moment and their baby is like yogurt just chills, doesn't move doesn't do much, just is so peaceful and Minnie just go. I'll have to like get up often in the middle of the night because it's like like wake, It's like what's the rave dance? Where like they go like that, is this a juicy wiggle?
Speaker 3: No assume if anyone is going to know it.
Speaker 4: Would be me. You know, it's not in the crowd. I'm on the stage a while that dance. If anyone knows what I'm doing, I don't know what gabbing, gabbery.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 4: Gabbering that's Sydney things. No, it's definitely a millennial a Sydney millennial thing. Deaf con Sidney millennial thing, right, you fully lost us.
Speaker 1: I don't know about it.
Speaker 4: I was I was in the clubs in the days of the Juicy Wiggle and what was that again, like you know, like the will Sparks kind of yeah, yes, yeah, she's got it. I wouldn't expect.
Speaker 3: Anything less, would you, Juicy wiggle.
Speaker 4: I'd give it a go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I give it a go. But I hate to admit that because it was like now I look, I'm like, don't get the egg.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing it now.
Speaker 2: Rude, rude with a lollipop, just doing it incredible?
Speaker 1: Or should we all guess what the baby gender is going to be? Do you have a guess? What do you think the gender is going to be?
Speaker 4: So I initially thought it was a girl, and then these days they do this three D photos and so like the scans. So I've been getting all these photos and it looked one hundred like a boy. That's so cool. See it would just looks like a dude. And then the last photo girl, it's like its face has gone super cute and pretty in the last one. So I don't know. So you're undecided. I'm still honestly, I'm still fifty to fifty. And people are so opinionated and they all have really great arguments to why they think it is what it is. It's like to give you, yeah, yeah, it feels Matt, you go first for the sake of your hair being blue.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a boy.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that to Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: A little but there's pink lights because I'm looking at her. I'm looking at her and I'm trying to, you know, take it get trying to take it in.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I feel like you're not the type of guys in like the guessing pregnancy stage.
Speaker 1: Of your life.
Speaker 3: What makes you say that? Say that just a gut for you, try and say away from it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say a boy just because the like super active, like could be into sports.
Speaker 4: Maybe to be honest from like you know all the old wives tales that they say, yeah, so next time you see a pregnant woman you can make an educated guess.
Speaker 2: Education from ye the what do you call it as the stars and all that sort of stuff, because.
Speaker 4: It's all it is the same. It is the same as horoscopes. I reckon, thank you, but we love it, love it. If you're sick, it's a girl. And if you're not sick, it's a boy. So I've been not sick. If you if your bump is really like low and forward and compact, it's a boy. But if you more like put weight on round everywhere, it's a girl. So I'm boy again. If you like, I think something to do with the types of foods you like, it's a girl. And so maybe I think it's like, if you like kind of carbiish Swedish things, it's a girl. And if it's more fresh it's a boy, so I tick that as well. There are all these things that it's all boy. Boy boy, oh your hair and nails. Your hair and nails are meant to be amazing. Might have been ship house, so boy again, boy, I reckon because of that. It's probably a girl because it's sucked him mom, Oh my god. See that's so exciting. You'll find out in about seven weeks.
Speaker 1: We'll find out seven weeks. Will you be posting the baby on socials a little bit? A little bit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what the answer is to that, Like, we'll navigate it true as we go. I really dislike when an influencer has a baby and then the page just becomes a baby page, because I want to follow you for other stuff, not just baby things. So I think we'll definitely like talk about when the baby arrives, and I will be posting it, but maybe kind of like how we post our dog, Like we post him a bit, but not that much. The focus of my page is still like my music and my DJing, And I love that, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: But then you're taking them on a journey with you, your followers, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think that's why I want to post some stuff, especially when it's like relating to work life and to a life, and the content will definitely shift to being more life.
Speaker 3: As your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but I.
Speaker 4: Just don't want it to be like here's another photo of my baby, Yeah, another one, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, some people don't really want to see keeps the photos of babies as well.
Speaker 1: I don't. I mean I do, but I mean I don't give it to me given.
Speaker 4: I want to consume it all.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, your baby, yeah, like cute to see the baby originally, but then keep flogging a baby. I've unfollowed some people from school. They just keep post some babies like they're doing like the one month, two months.
Speaker 4: I'll be doing that following me. It's a solid about the cards. I am two months old today. I don't care, Like, yeah, we're not going to be doing any of that.
Speaker 2: They change their name to the baby's name mother or something, they fully changed their grip.
Speaker 4: No. I've like been really consciously thinking about how I'm going to like keep my identity as Stara and Tiger Lily as well as being a mom. But like I found like there's so much negativity around becoming a mom, like your life is over. Yeah done. And I'm like, I've seen a lot of that and I think it's so negative.
Speaker 1: It's like shut up, but you can do it all right, Like I think, so you can be a working mom. You can you know, bring in the bread and have the baby and like do what you love, do what you love.
Speaker 4: I think it takes a villa, absolutely, but I think it's possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have a good support system around you? We do, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Both our parents are in Sydney and this is like the first grandkid for both sides. Excited, they're pumped, they're ready to rock and roll. My mom's just retired, so I'm like, mommy need a hobby that's not your hobby.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it is on that.
Speaker 3: What sort of mum do you reckon? You'll be cool mom, A strict mom. Cool.
Speaker 4: I think I'll be cool but strict.
Speaker 2: They can come to you for advice and talk to you, but you're going to but.
Speaker 4: Like no bs as well, Like would you ground them? Absolutely? Like I reckon, I'll be pretty strict. But like if you like work hard, play hard, like have fun and live your life, but don't be an asshole like my parents with me were very relaxed, and because of that, I think I took advantage of the system quite naughty. Yeah, talk a while. So I think I would like to be like strict but fair, but then also fun and show them like, you know, if you're a good person, you can have fun. Don't be an asshole. Like we're talking about it the other night, like what are we going to do when our kid comes home from school like puffing on a vape And I'm like, oh my gosh, that's stressful. I don't know, but like I would be, I'd be gnally about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I crack it at that. Yeah, but that's.
Speaker 4: Going to happen, and probably like when they're five years old these days, realistically.
Speaker 2: Help go with that sort of stuff like that that you've clearly done in your life and then you see them, Well, I think you have.
Speaker 4: To be honest and you have to explain, like, you know, you can try alcohol and drugs and vapes and things like that when you're eighteen or like around that age, I suppose, but like you have to understand that they are bad for you and there are a lot of consequences that come with it. So I think maybe just trying to have adult conversations with them that could be totally wrong because they're kids and their brain. Sorry, guys, what did you mean for lunch? But yeah, like, once again, we don't have really any kids in our lives, so we're like the test dummies for all our friends on how these conversations are going to go. Yeah, so I don't know, so exciting, nerve wracking, but exciting.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, how are you feeling about giving birth?
Speaker 4: I'm pumped?
Speaker 1: Are you stuff it? I see?
Speaker 4: I love this?
Speaker 3: Are you going.
Speaker 1: Like the Caesar? Neppi dural mat an Effi dural.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about that. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not. Yeah, I think it's actually cute that you said Neppi dural.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about this sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: You know what, We did birth Class number two last night, and we learned all about the empie durals, and I was like pretty keen to like, well, I actually still am keen for all pain relief. You know, let's get over the flow, absolutely stick it straight to see what we need. But there are like, once it's in, you can't really move, you're.
Speaker 2: On the bed, but vice versa isn't there a point where it goes and you can't get it put in.
Speaker 3: You go past yeah, yeah, no return return.
Speaker 4: There is a point of no return, which I'd be stoked to hit the point of no return because then it's just up top. You've just got to get in the game and go for the a few more hours. But I've been learning a lot in this birth course and it's definitely freaky, but like it's made me super excited.
Speaker 1: What's something interesting that you've learned?
Speaker 4: Okay, So in the movies, when a woman is you know, about to push the baby out, and you know, the partner's there and everyone's like push and she's like oh, and then like the baby comes out.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 4: So I thought, like the push phase, let's call it was like ten minutes or fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Even I knew that that's we thought that. No, I didn't know it's a lot longer than that. I even knew that.
Speaker 4: It's like like average two hours.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, I've it was like three minutes or something.
Speaker 4: I thought, yeah, maybe fifteen, maybe thirty.
Speaker 3: Ma what was the thing?
Speaker 1: I thought, No more than ten.
Speaker 2: Contractions keep happening. That goes for ages, and that's where you push.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, but the contractions might happen for twenty four hours. I'm talking about right at the end, when you're or when the head stops, when the head's like you can.
Speaker 1: See the head, so you're crown You're crowning for two hours potentially, so they can see when you're ten centimeters dilated, you can see the baby's head.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 4: That's when the push phase happens. I know, the terrify aerrafie. Let's not remind you Scott was there last night in the hospital course like, oh, looking really defeated. But yeah, so when they can they can see the baby's head, and it can be like average two hours to get the babe out. That's why I said.
Speaker 3: Two hours, ten centimeters dialate going like.
Speaker 4: A mill forward, a meal back, millfold of meal back, mill forward, mill back. That is terrifying.
Speaker 3: Ship a lot of respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, women are incredible.
Speaker 4: Women are really we are.
Speaker 3: I don't know how i'd go with you in.
Speaker 4: That, which I haven't been China. I was, yeah, yeah, I would just yeah, it's pretty overwhelming. But I think, like anything in life, like if I went in having a shitty attitude or being really scared, I don't think that would help. So I think just educating myself, getting prepared. I've got an amazing obstetrician who I love and trust. She's awesome, So hoping that we can just you know, give it a go, and like at the end of the day, if I have to have a Caesar or whatever happens, like just kind of the goal is to get me and the baby out healthily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: That's it. To not have like too many hang ups about like the process or the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people that I've in my life around me that they had a plan and completely thrown out the window that's coming. Yeah, this all natural one, and then as they went into labor, they're like, that's not going to happen.
Speaker 4: Well, Like, also, you could get to forty weeks and the baby could be like flipped around and you could have to just have a caesar, or you could go into labor and then the baby could get distressed. And I did learn this last night as well. Let's say you're laboring in like the ward and the baby's heart rate let's say, is going crazy, like not good. They can have that baby out in fifteen minutes, So they take you down to the surgery rooms. Wow, do all the prep and whatever. Cut babies out fifteen minutes. That's crazy, Like that's insane. That isn't like that's massive surgery. And usually they would take an hour or two to prep at least, and they're like, yep, naps.
Speaker 1: See are ready to go, ye out, so yank it out.
Speaker 4: Like that can happen as well, you know. Literally, Yeah, saw some photos and videos of last night of emergency emergency. It wasn't like an emergency, but it was a C section, and like it's pretty hectic surgery. Like I think a lot of people think that it's the chill road because.
Speaker 3: You're awake, aren't. Well, now, people, you're awake when you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah most of the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless there's like a reason why you couldn't be awake, but yeah, you are awake.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the show One Born Every Minute?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: But I've been told that people watch that, and some people said, don't watch that, So I think I'm not gonna watch.
Speaker 1: It's literally about like every episode they have maybe like three or four people giving birth and they all like obviously have their own journey through it, and you see like the couple and like they're embracing, and then some people are doing it single and like you know, they all have these different experiences, and I just find it fascinating. Yeah, probably when I'm about to your birth. Maybe not, maybe not, But I mean also like super educational, I feel because you just I mean, I didn't learn that the baby's crowning for two hours. That's new information.
Speaker 4: But well, I had to ask all of myself in this class.
Speaker 1: Dr Matdover here.
Speaker 3: You're talking about your husband. He looked defeated. How's he going to? I reckon, he'll go in the.
Speaker 4: Room the birthing. Sweet. The reason why he was looking defeated last night is he's really like a gaggy, queasy type of guy. So even last night, just like talking about the epidural and the cesarean and stuff, he was feeling a bit shit. So he's going to be either passed out on the floor or hooked up to the nitrous oxide, just like getting high. But look, it'll be interesting to see how he goes. I don't know. I think he probably doesn't know either. I reckon, I have faith that he'll be really awesome and really supportive when it comes to it. But I do think something that they've like really persisted on saying time and time again in the course is that it's actually really tough for the partners because the woman goes into like primal mode, let's just say, and it's just doing a thing, and the guy or the girl or the partner is just seeing their wife or partner just like in this extreme discomfort slash pain slash. I don't know, she might be like grunting or screaming or totally silent or whatever, and they're like, what do we do? So I think it can be really hard on the partner, And they've really said that a few times, like partners, get yourself ready.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, you need to mentally prepare. How long have you and your husband Scott been together for?
Speaker 4: It'll be seven years this year.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know, how did you meet?
Speaker 4: So we actually met at schoolies or bose seventeen, but I don't remember that much like an our encounter.
Speaker 2: We sat obviously each other on the booth, don't remember. I don't remember much anyway, Remember I did know if it was completely you. So you look familiar there about Scott, less about us.
Speaker 3: This is a romance.
Speaker 4: So we met at schoolies. He was actually staying in the apartment next door to me. My friend was looking up with his friend and I couldn't find her. So I apparently went into their room and I was like, hey, I'm looking for my friend. Where is he? Like where is she? And he was like, oh, get out, no girls allowed or some shit.
Speaker 1: You got to said that to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And my cousin was like his best bestie, so he knew me as like Mitch's cousin, right, so he was like, get out, she's not in here, like, you know, fuck off, Just trying to be a good friend. But okay, I don't remember that. That's Scott's story, right, But then we kind of rekindled and re met a couple of years later. So when I was what I must have been twenty four, and him and my cousin moved into like a sharehouse together in Darling Hurt and obviously I had like the hookups for the clubs and the free drinks and things like that, so they started coming out clubbing heaps with all their guy friends. And I think it was probably really bad timing for Scott because he just like entered the share house like party time and then we met and then it was like his friend.
Speaker 1: But really the fun had just begun.
Speaker 4: It had in a different way. Exactly does Scott travel with you when you DJ or is he very much? Never?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 4: The first year, you know, when you're like in that love bubble. Yeah, he came to like every gig and then it was almost like to the day where he was like, all right, I've got this girl, We're awesome. I'm never coming to.
Speaker 2: A gig that.
Speaker 4: I have to do this. I am done.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's actually not very fun like coming as a plus one because I get on a plane and then I go have some food and then I have a sleep and then I wake up at like, let's say midnight. And I'm fine to wake up at midnight because I've been doing it for years. But like when Scott would wake up, he'd be like shivering and feeling sick. You know, when you're being pulled out of sleep.
Speaker 1: It's awful. I hate that feelings. Yeah, going to Europe House'll never forget it. I was asleep for like an hour and I woke.
Speaker 3: Up and I was like sleep.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So he would like be in that stage and have to go to the club and then drink vodka with like a random promoter who didn't want to talk about him, like wanted to talk about me, and there I'm working, so I'm not talking to him, and like he said this funny story once. This is toward the end of the first year. He was like, some guy congratulated me for having a job today, and I was like, what do you mean? And he goes, okay, So Scott, what do you do? And he's in construction. He sells like aggregate and gravel and things like that, and the guy goes, oh, okay, well, at least you've got a job. Scott runs a very successful business. And he so offended that he didn't want to, like he couldn't say anything else.
Speaker 3: Like what a weird thing to say that is, Like he.
Speaker 4: Obviously thought, like, oh, you know, I'm a promoter in a club and your girlfriend's DJ and you sell gravel. Good. Yeah, like you know we're in a club. This is so cool.
Speaker 3: I reckon that promoter right now. It's probably.
Speaker 4: Probably, yeah working for your husband, yeah, probably, So yeah, he doesn't come anymore, which that I'm fine with that, Like I don't tag along to his work, so that's okay.
Speaker 1: But maybe when Minnie Disco. Yeah, I think so might make a return.
Speaker 4: You'll have to, I think so. Yeah, it could be fun. I'd like to see him with like the baby on like the front pack carriers headphones on the baby, just like I love.
Speaker 1: I went to Kings of Leon a few months back and there was a baby there and they had like the baby headphones, and baby headphones are so cute, like literally the smallest baby must have only been like two months old.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, and like the parents took it to the show.
Speaker 1: The mom was just like and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I love that.
Speaker 4: Love seeing goals. Yeah, goal, Yeah, I need to get my JBL family to like make some good little headphones. Yes, if it's a girl, you'll definitely get them jazzled with like diamonds and things on them ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be so cute, so cute, Like that's an Instagram post right, absolutely viral Instagram post a hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I like, can a boy wear jazzled headphones?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably? You know what, why not he'll look back and be like, Mum, this is just so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Men can wear whatever they want.
Speaker 1: So cool, they can.
Speaker 3: What they want.
Speaker 4: Scott has a different word about that. Probably he'd be like, no, make them black and plain even for a girl needs to be cool.
Speaker 3: But he not like your jibs.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah what.
Speaker 1: Accessory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, he just isn't about them because he thinks I stole the idea from it. That's right, Yeah, that's right, publoke.
Speaker 1: When did you know that Scott was one?
Speaker 4: I think I knew. I really like loved him very quickly. Yeah, like I'm talking maybe like six weeks. It's so cute, like so fast?
Speaker 3: Did you say it at six weeks?
Speaker 4: No? I waited till like four months and said it at four months, and he was going to wait till twelve months to say it.
Speaker 3: That no, and he was a very long time.
Speaker 4: He was cut that I said it first because he wanted to say it first, and I'm like, well, bitch, if you're gonna wait twelve months, then I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: So, I knew pretty quickly, and we went on like maybe three or four dates, and then I went overseas for form once for work. Wow, So he came over twice to visit me, and then like kind of when he left that first time, I was like, oh, yeah, this is really a thing. And I think when you are not physically together in that first period and you're forced to talk and communicate as opposed to like, let's be real, just like have sex and drink and party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, constantly hang out with each other in that honeymoon stage.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly. So like the fact that we couldn't do that and we really had to talk, I think that made a big difference. And then I reckon twelve months in was you know, after you've had like the honeymoon stages kind of fading and you get into your routine. That's when I thought, oh, yeah, like this could definitely be a forever thing.
Speaker 3: How did he propose to you?
Speaker 4: It was very romantic. I saw it on Instagram, so he nailed it. Oh my gosh. I had no idea as well, Like no idea. So we were going on like a camping fall drive trip in wa and yeah, and we pulled up on a beach in like the Pitch Black after like a massive day of travel like flying a Perth and then doing like eight hours drive down to Esperance, and I had no idea. We woke up the next morning, he woke me up at like five am.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, the fuck reason for this?
Speaker 4: And he's like yeah, literally, I was like what. He's like, there's a beautiful sunrise. Let's get a drone shot. I'm like, we're here for two weeks. Yeah, we've got two weeks. And he's like, come on, babe, it's real pretty. I'm like, okay, it was very beautiful, like marshmallow sky. Yeah, and he's down there. It's also freezing because it's like the South of Australia like in March, and he's like, come down, come down, put on a cute outfit. Let's like, you know, run around the beach together. Surely you knew, and he said, put on a cute outfit. Well, no, we do this stuff all the time. But he like takes lots of my Instagram content for me, so and you know what, he's very good at it. So I thought the whole time, I was thinking, at least I'm going to get some good content. Anyway. I put on this like really colorful srong and like kind of like top and he's like, babe, like marshmallow skies and white beaches, like don't you have like a white cozie or something. I was like, oh yeah, but like since when you're a director of what I wear. But I was so pissed at this point because I was freezing, needed to pee, and he was like, come on, we've got to get this shot before like the light gets too bright. Okay, so get on my white bikini and go down to the beach. And I'm standing there and you can see me in like the bits that we haven't shared on Instagram. I'm staring up at this drone, like glaring at It's funny. We should do a blue fuff. Maybe we can do it next here staring up this drone, just thinking, are you fucking serious?
Speaker 3: Is he flying the drone?
Speaker 4: He's flying the drone back at the car because he's gonna put it on I didn't know this. Oh no, actually I did know this. He's going to put it on remote circle mode and then he's going to come and join me in the in the video.
Speaker 3: How is he going to get it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, So he'd kind of been practicing that in the lead up, like just practicing these drone shots or whatever loves the drone. So I'm literally standing there thinking my feet and num. I need to peace so badly. I didn't sleep very well. Welcome to holidays with Scott so fun. And then he goes to me, Tara, turn around and act like you're having a good time, and I'm like, okay, and you see like showfaces on. I'm like, I'm being filmed. I can do this. We're going to get an epic cute shot to post on the first day of our holidays. And so then he's like, all right, walk to all the water, act like you're having fun. I'm like, whow having fun? Thinking my feet and numb sucks. And then he goes he said turn around, and then he's on one knee and he said, will you marry me? And I was just like, I still am shocked thinking about it now, Like it was amazing. And then he opened the box and like had my dream ring in the box, which We'd had some discussions about this before, and I really didn't think he knew what I wanted, and so we've had a few arguments and I'd had a few breakdowns about it absolutely, and yeah, then we just got drunk and drank champagne and swam all day and yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 3: It was very cute.
Speaker 4: I know, he nailed it, and he also got the perfect Instagram post. So so that's like a nailing all round.
Speaker 1: He's just really like, yeap, hit that one on the head, you know what.
Speaker 4: He Yeah, the expectation was high, but he like totally smashed it out of the park because doing it by yourself on holidays while you're four wheel driving in a different state, and then also with the emotional like him being nervous because he was nervous, like it's a lot to think about. Yeah, yeah, so yeah he really he did so well.
Speaker 1: And then you guys got married, how recently twelve months ago, like exactly, wow, happy one year.
Speaker 4: I had a really unromantic anniversary. I was so tired because I worked the night before and then had Harry Styles the night before that. We love Harry Style absolutely absolutely, and so two nights out for a prego ladies like a lot. So it was pretty chill one year anniversary. But the wedding was amazing. It was so good. It looks beautiful. Thank you the rain.
Speaker 2: Rain.
Speaker 4: That's where Bakley were talking about this. It was the wettest week I'm pretty sure on record, like ever in March or even maybe ever in Sydney. I've never seen it that wet before. We were having like between sixty and one hundred meals of rain a day wow in like the two weeks leading up to the wedding. And it was at parents, Scott's parents property. So we're gonna have this beautiful garden wedding, dancing under like a canopy of like a million fairy lights, so beautiful, amazing, get married down by the lake in the sunshine. None of that happened because none of it. No, we had to like we got married on the driveway because the ground you'd stand on it and you'd sink that far because it was so wet. Nah. And it was a black tie wedding as well, so all our guests were like dressing up. So yeah, we got married on the driveway and then had both marquees on the driveway. Lucky they've got a gorgeous driveway.
Speaker 1: It looks beautiful, like no one would even know that that wasn't even a plan. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We had an incredible stylist and she is a hard as boss arss bitch and she just like boss these marquee people around and pissed everyone around to get it looking amazing because she knew for me, like I'm a really visual person and like the aesthetic was always something that was so important to me for it to feel like it flowed and the guest had this beautiful visual experience all the day and was.
Speaker 3: Really good for Instagram as well.
Speaker 4: But you know what, even if I wasn't on Instagram, I reckon I still would have wanted it to be aesthetic. Aesthetic. Absolutely, I've always been that type of like even when I was like a little girl, I'd have my room a certain way and like have different things set up so it was spacious and like color coordinated.
Speaker 2: Alays want the photos look good as well, Like you look back on it.
Speaker 4: We look very chiseled in the photos. Stress creates weight loss. Not for me, organize a wedding in the rain.
Speaker 2: Maybe, who has anyone anyone listening who wants a wedding planned?
Speaker 3: Come talk to me.
Speaker 4: It has to be your wedding because you have to be Yeah. So were you in scott trying then to have a baby. No, so we only started We started trying a couple months after the wedding. Yeah, I had a few overseas trips for work and I didn't want to be pregnant for them, just because I don't know. You never know how you're going to feel, true, So we were very lucky. We actually felt pregnant the first month we started trying, but then eight weeks later we had a miscarriage.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to hear.
Speaker 4: It was pretty shitty, yeah, because it was just so unexpected and I'm relatively young and healthy, and I don't know, I just didn't know anyone that I had a miscarriage. I just hadn't thought about it. So it was a real shock to the system when it happened. So then we thought, well, we'll just try again next month. Everyone said give it a few months, this and that, and we just thought, well, fuck it, we'll just try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so what happened.
Speaker 4: We felt pregnant literally like straight away again, which is very lucky.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing.
Speaker 4: We had like, look, obviously it wasn't completely smooth sailing, but we had pretty great luck with it because I know people try for such a long time. Yeah, And the reason why we kind of decided to start trying relatively soon after the wedding is we saw lots of people struggling to fell pregnant and we thought, well, we've got to start trying at some point, right until you start trying, you don't actually know whether it's going to work. Yeah, So it's pretty it's pretty gnarly, and yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 1: It's pretty amazing that people are starting to be a bit more open about that because I feel like five years ago I just thought like you'd have sex ones and get pregnant if.
Speaker 3: You didn't wear a condom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was lied to. Actually really quite difficult to get pregnant. It's a process. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also the fact that so many people have mischaracters like thank you for being open about that, because it wasn't really spoken about it a taboo.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And you know what, even after our miscarriage, I've been really vocal about it. Not I've been like relatively vocal about it online, but like in my real life, I've been really vocal about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It felt good talking about it, like it felt like it helped me get over it. Yeah, And so many people would be like I had one, I.
Speaker 3: Had two, I had it's a lot more common.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So they say one in four pregnancies, not one in four women, So like one in four times that a woman could or would fall pregnant will end up in a miscarriage, which is like insane.
Speaker 3: That's it's pretty hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, So, like there's no surprise that so many women around me were like me too, me too, me too, And it was nice to and it's still nice to connect with people over that experience because yeah, you don't really you don't think I'm going to be one of the become a statistics Yeah, just wasn't even on my radar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably like knowing that you had a miscarriage in some ways probably made other people feel more comfortable and like more what's the word, like open.
Speaker 4: Just opening, Yeah, like talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like feeling like they're not alone, I guess, And I think that is like.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make sense, but there's shame in it for sure, Like did I do something wrong? Was there something that I could have done differently? And I definitely did feel that, which is insane because there shouldn't be any shame because it's nothing to do with you. Obviously, something wasn't right with the baby and like the baby and my body knew that, which is amazing, but like there is still a lot of shame in like this happened in my body, so it's been good to talk about and like I think I want other women to be able to feel like they can talk about it so it is less to do and they don't feel such a sense of shame. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, if you can talk about it's like helping you recover, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, it'll be interesting to see, like because we did fall pregnant so quickly. Again, I say to Scott, like I wonder, I don't reckon, I've dealt with all the emotions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't know, it'll probably come up at some point I reckon.
Speaker 1: Maybe like post Yeah, yeah, that's part of it.
Speaker 4: Might be a bit.
Speaker 3: We've got to think.
Speaker 2: Now you've got disco disco, that's fine. Yeah, I'm looking at the discoball and your shoes like, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And like you know, I was worried i'd be really anxious this whole pregnancy, but I've been super chilly. I haven't even thought about it, just because like I don't know, just figure, what's the point in forecasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's still a trauma that you have to deal with and like you know, work your way through sometimes, like you know, technique to work through our traumas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, things that happened to us, and there's no like linear healing. I don't exactly that also how we go, but yeah, it's we're very lucky in regards to you know, the whole process of pregnancy and fertility and stuff.
Speaker 1: Derek, thank you so much for coming in. I know that we've kept you in a hot bar. Why, I like, really thank you for being so open. I know you're pregnant, so I'm sorry that was saying, are we gonna like induce labor in here?
Speaker 4: So let's just all.
Speaker 2: Touch, keep the cameras rolling. It does happen, I'll document it play by play. Wait, you're fifteen minutes that you reckon it's going to be.
Speaker 4: No, you've got twenty four hours before fifteen minutes. We'll keep you. I must get the content.
Speaker 3: Thank you for luck.
Speaker 1: We will all be keeping our eyes peeled.
Speaker 4: We cannot wait to see baby mini disco disco ball whatever we're calling it's fine.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to.
Speaker 2: See the influx of baby content on your Instagram.
Speaker 4: I definitely have I'm definitely probably going to be eating my words, which posting hard.
Speaker 2: For it.
Speaker 4: Matt's unfollowing and I was like everything.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be all over that this message is stop.
Speaker 4: Please please stope enough. You promise you wouldn't here. Oh thanks for having me saying arahn o, thank you, thank you,