Speaker 1: This is five double a football. Let's go to the room. Sam Dada is in the Portadelaide rooms.
Speaker 2: Thanks Timmy, joined by Miles Bergman down here in the port rooms.
Speaker 1: Port only.
Speaker 2: We're coming really hard out of the halftime into the third quarter.
Speaker 3: Weren't able to capitalize.
Speaker 1: Where did it all go wrong?
Speaker 2: I think Adelaide were just better on the day. They obviously killed us on turnover, but I thought we brought some good pressure, a lot better than we have been in the past, so that's been a positive. Just couldn't capitalize on moments. I'm going inside fifty especially and.
Speaker 1: Miles tim Giniver here. Firstly, did you enjoy your time in the middle and I loved the job that you did on their skipper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good fun. It's a good change first time, so yeah, I had a bit of fun and tried to do my role as best they could, which I thought I did okay, but obviously not the result we were looking for as a team.
Speaker 1: Well, you're fast forward a week and your take on Geelong. Could we think ahead and think that maybe a pee dangerfield might be one of those people you play on if he goes into the midfield.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, it was a little experiment this week, but we'll have to wait and see what any things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was a fair experiment. It worked really well well. The midfield was absolutely dominant. We talk about clearances and absolute smacking. So what was Ken's message straight after the game, because you did a.
Speaker 2: Lot right, Yeah, exactly like you said. I think it's a good improvement on how we've been going and positive signs, but obviously still a lot of things to work on efficiency going forward and making sure our defense is on with anticipation on their turnover. But some good signs going forward and hopefully we can get a win next week.
Speaker 1: And obviously the focus goes to the next match. But you talk about bottling the preparation that worked really well this week without getting the ultimate result. You go back a week and had a really poor performance. How do you ensure that you see what you see this week as opposed to next week. Does that get discussed as a.
Speaker 2: Group, Yeah, for sure. I think, like you said, just following each week by week and acknowledging what you did well and what you need to work on, and I think come back down to pressure and contest, which we did really well tonight.
Speaker 1: But we just couldn't get all the way.
Speaker 4: Myles, great game. I thought you were sensational through the Jordan Dawson's arguably in the best half a dozen in the competition, and you really negated him along with Drew as well through the middle of the ground. But how important the decision, I guess, And what was the midfield group? How do they feel about Dante coming in? I mean, obviously you've had a fair go with Jordan Sweet we're probably a little nervous up here around what that might look like because Briley O'Brien had a pretty good week last week against Tom de Conning, who's one of the premier rupmen in the competition.
Speaker 1: But it Gizy held his own tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, we just show a lot of trust in all our players that the next man's going to step up. And he's been working really hard in the sandfull and really earned his position tonight, and he showed while we gave him the chance, he battles hard and he doesn't give up, So we love that about him.
Speaker 3: Your skipper set the tone early, not just because he had twenty one touches up to half time. Some of his one percenters he's technically he's chasing. He did a smother down at the riverbank stand in that saved the ball. Okay, he stuff to kick up the next one, but god, what a game he had to lead from the front like that from the half back fleet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been really good for us as a backline and as a team since he's gone back. Just a bit of leadership and voice down there and really help with ball movement going forward. And I think it's built him up the last few weeks in his confidence as well.
Speaker 3: So if Port play you're more in the midfield, you're more likely to sign with them.
Speaker 2: Miles, you like that one. I thought this question would come. I have been waiting patiently to play midfield. We've got such a strong group and a lot of boys that can go through there and it was a really good experience tonight. And yeah, we'll just have to see.
Speaker 3: But that's your future, riddit. I mean, you're a star that I don't want to waste it in the back line, but you're great. I don't want to waste your forward, but you're great. But I think midfield you could be a bona fider in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love to stay in there if I could, but I'm happy to do whatever Ken he needs me to do, and I love the backline as well.
Speaker 3: Six years all right, Just tell us I've got Trendsey.
Speaker 1: Put a clause in their midfield only.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: Negotiate hard mate.
Speaker 3: Well you keep going, mate. You were terrific today, Thanks you times.
Speaker 1: Thanks very much, Mud, and you know that's great news that you're staying at Port Adelaide. So well done, mate, and I's got all the best next week ago so long.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, have one God, you've got to sign in here