Speaker 1: Look at it, Tam.
Speaker 2: It's your project. It's it's Robert. It's Robert Capuccio, It's Tiffany and Cook. It's Craig Anthony Harper, it is it is us. It is a What day is it? It's Wednesday or Thursday? It's Thursday, thanks Tiff. It's the fifth of the third. It's a Thursday. Apparently it's twelve forty one. I do know that in the PM, not the AM. That would be weird. I just got back from a walk, did a quick eight thousand steps between appointments and a little feet a burning Hi, Tiff, how.
Speaker 1: Are you very good?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Harps.
Speaker 2: You don't do any regular and not that you need to, because you're very active, but you don't really You're not really a take notice of your steps so much kind of person, are you?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a little bit, A little bit.
Speaker 1: I walked a door too well.
Speaker 2: You'd probably crank out ten or twelve without really thinking about it too much when you watch your kind of do you know?
Speaker 4: I reckon My average now sits around for thirteen or fourteen thousand. I used to focus on it a bit more and it was over fifteen.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a few so what do you and then you figure out your stride length?
Speaker 1: What do you reckon?
Speaker 2: So fifteen k's for fifteen thousand steps would be somewhere around ten or eleven k's for you. I'm thinking, oh, she's looking.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have a look at my gam and see.
Speaker 2: I have a look at your stride length and that'll give you your total distance.
Speaker 1: Bobby, Hi, Bobby, it was going on, come in with a bit more energy.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do it again because you have fucking energy today before the show and they're terrible.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go again. Hey Bobby, Hi, Hey Craig, Oh god fucking hell, can you take it? Can you take something? Can you have a beer or something? Please? We started to get in ten minutes, So next time, But yeah, you do that. How are you? What's going on over there?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just mitigating all these things eighty because it was a it was a lot of big like build up getting onto the show today, a lot of like stop and go. It's like you ever see Jurassic Park where it's like, you know, he's about to get eaten by the tears. The tear Rex is just taunting them, like flipping the car over. It's like that is thank you?
Speaker 1: Right? So yeah, glass of wine? Brilliant.
Speaker 2: So somebody just handed you a glass of wine and a big well not a big arm, but an arm come in front of the camera.
Speaker 5: That is how powerful you all? You said, I got a wine, But that was impressive, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Fucking wow? You really manifested that. Wow. Wow, look at what I like?
Speaker 5: Are you like into like quantum physics and ship well clear and reality?
Speaker 1: Just now to get me that glass of wine. We don't need you drinking, We don't need you. Another all comes in through the screen.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, imagine if that's imagine if that same arm handed Tiff, Now, that would make me fucking David Copperfield or what's that other dude's name?
Speaker 1: What's that serious looking a Potter? No, Harry Potter, You're an idiot.
Speaker 2: And just we did mention it this morning on another show. But what do you think of TIFF's new ranger?
Speaker 1: Look? I love it. I love it. I think it really suits straight up? How long does that take to derangefi? Tiff?
Speaker 3: I don't know, mate, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've had it done before, not this color.
Speaker 3: I didn't even expect this color this time?
Speaker 1: What do you know who?
Speaker 2: You remind me of that little girl that sang at the Olympics that got holed up You know at the two thousand Olympics, that little girl that sang she got holed up on.
Speaker 1: Why what do you.
Speaker 2: Mean you didn't pay You didn't watch the opening ceremony. It was only twenty six years ago. You were sixteen.
Speaker 3: That's all right, I cannot recall.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Right now there's a whole bunch of oldies yelling at the screen the name of that that young well she's a woman, well and truly a woman now, But anyway, you've got the same kind of vibe.
Speaker 1: Have a look, Tiff, Tiff, Bobby, what are you drinking?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: What is that? Red wine or charez?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: I think this might be a petite sah. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 5: The only thing we have is a pin and noir and a petite so ah, this looks This doesn't look late enough for cola to be like a pin, and so I think it's drink.
Speaker 1: That's a very big all right.
Speaker 5: Let's when I'm not drinking, I'm just holding it.
Speaker 3: You find is it Niki Webster.
Speaker 1: Yes, Nicky Webster, Niki Webster. Yeah, she was a sweet she was as sweetie and saying like a.
Speaker 2: So I was going to say something inappropriate, so I'll just say she changed her Yeah.
Speaker 1: Angel, thank you Bobby much better. So I want to talk to you about something today.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to you both about something today, which is it's very relevant for me over the last few months and very relevant well probably my whole life, but specifically because I've been a bit cook lately, but also a lot of people I talk to, and that is energy management.
Speaker 1: That is how you and how our audience.
Speaker 2: And so if you've got any advice or thoughts or ideas or experiences that are relevant, but you know, because I've been I have a thing everyone called pernicious anemia, which means I don't really absorb vitamin B twelve, so I've got to put B twelve injections into my ass on a weekly basis.
Speaker 1: I forget and then six weeks later, I go fucking hell, I feel like shit.
Speaker 2: And then then my subconscious goes, or my prefrontal cortex more accurately, goes, well, why don't you do that.
Speaker 1: Thing you meant to do and then so for me, always trying.
Speaker 2: To manage my physical, mental, emotional kind of energy and lately has been a bit hard, but not only kind of on a big scale, kind of globally in my life, but more specifically through the day. I seem to be better between so it's twelve forty seven between when I wake up and start doing shit, which is six ish to about two or three, I seem to be somewhere near my optimal I think we've asked you this before, TIF, but all around, and say, cognitive tasks, physical tasks, problem solving, which is cognitive emotional energy management, all round, Like when are you the best in the day?
Speaker 3: Early early.
Speaker 4: Or probably morning, maybe even mid to late morning is good for cognitive but you know what, and this, and I don't do this because it's terrible for my sleep. But if I sit down at the computer again after dinner, I can get very focused for a very long time into the evening. But that ruins my sleep, so I don't do it, which is annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a second wind quite often. I'm not talking about flatulence, but later in the day although although I mean same, same, but later in the day, hang on excuse me, but later in the day quite often, when I should be falling into a camera at seven point thirty after food, my brain's like, hey, why don't we do this? And I just start everything sharpens up. It's like I just woke up. It's like my IQ goes up. Periodically, my attention, my energy go and I do not know why, but so I kind of, you know when I've got it. Like last week, at about ten o'clock at night, I record a solo podcast, which I never ever do because I was fucking wired. I was so excited and I felt good and I had an idea. I went, fuck it, I'm just going to record something at you, Bobby. Is it.
Speaker 1: Haphazard or is it kind of more predictable with you your energy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my natural like peak levels of focus are early in the morning, through the morning until like ten or eleven o'clock, and in the evening about with a lull in the afternoon, mostly around like two to five PM. So if I could do something that's just a repetitive task that doesn't require a ton of creativity in those hours, ideally not doing a seminar, although you know sometimes that pops up.
Speaker 1: I'm at my best.
Speaker 2: What's is the top of the list for both of you? Like the variable that makes the biggest difference one way or the other? Is the biggest factor sleep for both of you? Or is it something else?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I too sleeps massive. I had a brilliant night's sleep last night, and I'm just on fire today.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: It's so fucking funny, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I hate Bobby? How many wheeze do you have a night? I mean it's just you, like no one's listing, But how many wheeze do you have a night? And by the way, how big is your prostate? Is it like a basketball, softball, a baseball?
Speaker 5: About eleven eleven to twelve weeks a night and it's about the size of a water melon.
Speaker 1: Now, so people think.
Speaker 5: It's a tumor. It's like, no, it's just a large prostate. Yeah, bad life decisions.
Speaker 2: So do you still run that that hose that you had with those clans from.
Speaker 1: Your cock to that bucket? Or have you upgraded in some way?
Speaker 5: I have always wandered, like, what would life be like if I could just wear like a nappy?
Speaker 1: Ah? Could that improve my sleep patterns?
Speaker 2: I feel like we getting into I feel like we've entered into insensitive territory led by me. I apologize everyone. I would tell you we'll edit that out, but we fucking won't.
Speaker 1: You know we won't.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so just a general I think for everyone's sleep is probably the biggest variable after that. Okay, so I'm going to say a few in terms of energy, and of course it's different for different people. So I'm thinking about I'm thinking about the weather, which people don't talk about when it's real hot. I struggle. I'm way better in cooler environments. Obviously food makes a big difference. Obviously stress or lack thereof, can make a big difference on everything, but ultimately energy management, and then I think, also, you know, just the fundamentals like workload, Like what is number two on the list for both of you.
Speaker 1: And we're going to get towards.
Speaker 2: Talking about some solutions or potential solutions everyone.
Speaker 1: But Bobby, let's go with you. So after sleep, what's the biggest factor?
Speaker 5: Oh, movement, movement is mass It changes my thought patterns, It elevates my energy, increases my creativity, lowers my stress. But it's like what I do join that movement? You know, if I listen to something like instrumental, like a nice inspiring soundtrack, definitely game changer. So if I can restructure my environment to incorporate as much movement as possible, I'm just a different human being, so can.
Speaker 1: Be more specific. So like what like I do?
Speaker 5: Like the person I am now, I'm like a different version of.
Speaker 2: That fucking ltif he's hard work, he's drinking booze, he's being problematic.
Speaker 1: Before the show, he was just bitching, fucking help. Look, if you don't want to do the show anymore, just let us know. You don't have to be subliminal, just go.
Speaker 2: I fucking hate you both. I don't want to do the show, you know you Just let us know we're.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Go fuck all right, Well, I'll try and contribute something logical. When I do strength training for about an hour a day, everyone, it does all the good things for me. If I walk ten thousand steps plus a day, it does all the good things for me. And it also, which is very unexpected for me, when I started just consciously walking, because I was just randomly where I would just walk whatever I walked on the day. Some days it would be a lot. Some days it would be fuck all. More days it would be fuck all. But since I introduced like going out just before this show and doing a quick eight thousand, I actually feel happier, which is a weird correlation for me anyway, but it helps me emotionally, which helps me regulate a lot of other things. TIF can you offer anything more constructive than Bobby did? Because fucking hell?
Speaker 3: Oh, sure as hell can.
Speaker 2: I reckon, We're coming back to you, Bobby, so I'm giving you a se can chance.
Speaker 4: Bobby, I reckon food and movement, food and exercise head to head with me, I'll get angry. So I got to eat, but if I don't move. I was talking about this to someone the other day that it's obvious when you look at your priorities or your values, doesn't matter how important things are in my life, exercise always comes first. Exercise or never takes a back seat. It's very rare that I go, you know what, I actually can't make the gym today. Yes, there has to be a reason why that cannot be fit in.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think Also, actually I'll shut up because I'm getting ahead of myself.
Speaker 1: Bobby, do you.
Speaker 2: Really want to tell us what the movement, what kind of movement, and how that impacts you and what you do.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, it's the time I expanded in the gym. But for me, if I would prefer in a perfect world to hit the gym at five am, ever in warning, because when I'm in the gym and i'm training hard, one you get it out of the way. Two it's like I can listen to a podcast. I can feed my mind with high quality information unless it's like me being interviewed on the podcast.
Speaker 1: You know how that goes. But unless it's the E Project carry on.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I feel so much more ready for the day. And I think it's it's that combination of the exercise and the input. I can't listen to anything too scientific while i'm moving, but something conceptual, you know, by the time, by the time eight o'clock in the morning hits, I have so many ideas in my head. The problem with me physiologically is if I do that by about ten to eleven o'clock in the morning, I am completely knackered. So that is too early in the day for me to get a workout in a hard workout in so I have to do a light workout in the morning, some type of ritual like it just involving like a walk, just just some some light movement, and then later on in the day if I train, that's perfect. Yeah, but it's those are just bookends. It's about intermittent movement. It's about intermittent movement where I'm not switching from one test to another. And I'm talking about cognitive flexibility. I'm not talking about multitasking so much where my brain is constantly on.
Speaker 1: Like I if I can just take a walk up the.
Speaker 5: Street or from one meeting to another, or to the car and just try to not think about anything, not send the next email, not send the next text, That's when I make most of my mistakes when I do that anyway, So I'm really not saving time. I'm pretty much wasting it. I'm in a completely different mental state. So it's bookending movement ritual in the morning, more tents to work out later on the day, and intermittent movement as much as I can possibly fit in so I can get my ten to fifteen thousand steps a month.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you and TIF you might have a thought about this, because maybe you have one foot in this pool as well. But Bobby, you've spoken many times about anxiety and all of those things, and mental health and obsession and the myriad of things that we talk about on this show.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 2: That obviously there's a correlation between stress, anxiety, overthinking, and our subsequent energy that's left for the day. So I'm kind of talking about investing a lot of energy in shit that we really can't change, which is often what anxiety is, or that kind.
Speaker 1: Of stress is. Do you ever think it, think.
Speaker 2: Of it in those terms of like I'm exhausted and I haven't fucking done anything, but I've thought everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like Thursday for me.
Speaker 6: I get it, especially like the like the more lack of predictability in my environment, the more I find myself engaging in things that caused me a lot of worry.
Speaker 5: They put me in a high state of arousal. But there's literally nothing I can do about it, not on a global scale, maybe on like a micro scale, but yeah, that's very hard for me to avoid.
Speaker 1: And that is where like today, you.
Speaker 5: Know, we're we're looking to move again, Like are where we are is not a very it's not an inspiring neighborhood. Let's put it that way and looking for where we're going to move to. It's very important for me to be in a building that has so many amenities, so many nooks, so many says that were just like carved out because I could stay home and I could structure my environment in a way where those triggers are not present. So I was like, oh, I got to discipline myself to not get to get off social media and get focused. I don't have to discipline myself to do shit because the environment leads me to engage in things that are productive and that usually only takes discipline for me for about I don't know if you find this for about ten minutes, Like I got to really discipline myself for the first ten minutes to get engaged in something, but anywhere from seven to fifteen minutes, like the activity pulls me into it that level of engage, it almost takes discipline to pull me away from it.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense? Yes, yes, do you think? And then I'm coming to YouTube.
Speaker 2: Do you think, Bobby, that you know if you spent let's say you're working in an environment with people that you like, it's not overwhelmingly phenomenal, but you certainly don't hate going to work, so you're working with people that you like. The job's pretty good. It's a seven, right, It's not a ten, but it's a seven. A year of that versus a year of you working essentially in isolation from home, what do you think is going to be a better outcome for you.
Speaker 1: For what appeals more to you.
Speaker 5: That's really hard because it depends on the nature of the work that I'm doing and who I'm doing it with. I know, but the thing is, for me, one thing feeds another. If I have the right home environment right, which is what I'm talking about, and I can literally go somewhere that is esthetically inspiring or people are kind of like weite noise, like a really cool coffee shop, and just sit there by myself and focus. Yeah, that energizes me for the days where I get to get out on the road and be around people, or that I am I getting out on the road.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting on planes much anymore. It's all local.
Speaker 5: But if I'm going to a site to give a presentation, I have so much more energy to give, and then I need to retreat back to that isolation and work at home and gather myself so it's almost like a virtuous cycle for me. But if the environment's wrong or the nature of the work is wrong, or the people are wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's quite difficult. I don't think I'm unique in that area.
Speaker 5: Not everybody likes to be on the road, not everybody likes to work out of coffee shops. But I think the nature of what you're doing, how closely it's tied to personal meaning? And who are the people you're working with, and do they enliven you or are they people that kind of like drag you down and deplete you know mentally.
Speaker 2: I think there's a guy's a guy comes to the cafe every morning.
Speaker 1: His time's Alex. Let's give a shout out to Alex. Alex.
Speaker 2: Essentially, I'm not very good at this because I might fuck up the actual wording. But he he plays the stock market or he's like, it's not it's not like casual. This is his job, right, So he's all and he he lives above the cafe, and he's got a well I've never seen it, but they're all very nice. So I imagine a beautiful apartment blah blah blah, and he would spend I mean, I don't know, but every morning when I get there, he's there.
Speaker 1: When I go, he's there. When I walk past, he's there. I reckon.
Speaker 2: He spends at least eight hours a day in that cafe. He's set up and he's got his breakfast and his lunch and his coffees and his mineral waters, and he's got his that's his little office.
Speaker 1: And we've spoken about it often. He's like, I'm way more productive here in.
Speaker 2: The energy, in the movements, in the background voices, in the music, in the there's there's just he goes me sitting in a room upstairs. It fucking drives him like he's doing the same thing thirty thirty meters away with a million distractions, and he's somehow way happier and more content and more product So it's such a personal respond thing. I think, Cookie, what's your what are your thoughts around all this?
Speaker 4: You made me think of when we first went into lockdown, and how surprised I was after a couple of weeks of realizing how exhausted I was with all of the in person interactions and just reflecting on, oh am I an extrovert?
Speaker 3: Really? Or am I a little bit introverted? To, and I think we can.
Speaker 4: It's easy to lose kind of lose sight of what what fills you up and what drains you a little bit when you're doing lots of things. And yeah, I feel like sometimes I can have a day where I get to the end of the day, I'm like, I'm so exhausted, and then I'll flick through in my mind what I've done and sometimes judge it and get really done anything because so many parts of my job are just in joy like everything's enjoyable, or I'm with people, I'm people, and I'm like, oh, you shouldn't be tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the things I do also every morning at the aforementioned cafe is and I mentioned this probably five times over a years, but I look at my schedule for the day and I used to literally ask myself this question, not out loud, but now I just do it automatically. But the question is in terms of what I want to do be, create and change today, what's the best use of my energy and time?
Speaker 1: Like, so I look at all the shit I've got to do, I go, Okay, what really matters? What kind of matters? And what can wait?
Speaker 2: You know, obviously a podcast can't wait because it's scheduled in but I might have to get back to that guy.
Speaker 1: Well, if I get back to him tomorrow, that's all right, but I'll put it on my list for today. But if I don't, that's okay.
Speaker 2: And just that kind of awareness around optimizing and not wasting whether it is time or energy or resources or skills. But that kind of put me into a more strategic kind of place cognitively but also emotionally, in a place where I wasn't just wasting, you know, like i'd fucking you know, overthink things I'd like when I used to have multiple businesses, not surprisingly, but lots of stuff my mind never fucking shut down and trying to get my mind to.
Speaker 1: Be quiet or still or to you know. And it wasn't just that I was busy, is just that I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't good at like my environment, the situation didn't lend itself to calm. But also in the middle of all of that, I was fucking chaotic, in the middle of the chaos. So it's a real skill and it's a real exercise in self awareness to actually be able to see the space between what I am doing day to day on an external level, and then how that is impacting me day to day on an internal level. The end spoken and authorized by Greig Kapa, Bobby and Tiff are just sitting there not in no.
Speaker 5: I think that what you said is just critically important because it's so many people today, because everyone's got this platform. They're all telling you about how you should work and how you should organize your time. What time you need to get up in the morning and just do fifteen minutes of this, fifteen minutes journaling, fifteen minutes of a cold plunge, you know, do forty five minutes of a workout. Just do you know, fifteen minutes of journaling. By the time you're done, I got to get up at like four o'clock in the morning. I'm not going to bed until two o'clock in the morning because of all these fifteen minute things. Oh but I'm not sure you get eight out of hours asleep, and it's like a fuck off. I think you got to really understand who you are and how you optimally function. And then there's the parts of your life and.
Speaker 1: Your work that are structured for you. If you're in.
Speaker 5: Meetings all day, you kind of got to show up to those you know, you've got clients, you kind of have to be there. So for me, that helps me get organized. Like if I have meetings in the day, okay, well that's pre structured time, and then.
Speaker 1: I have my rituals that you got to be ferocious about. So you got a walk of time in the morning.
Speaker 5: But for me, if I didn't have meetings all day to go, okay, well what am I going to do from ten o'clock to eleven o'clock? And then what's my Actually, my brain creatively doesn't work like that. What you just said makes a lot of sense. I've got twelve things on my to do list, which ten of these can I not focus on right now? What are the top two for today that have the highest level of consequences if they're not done, and you know, the highest level of positive impact if they are done. Now added these two, what is the best use of my time right now? Like right now, what do I need to be working on? And obviously, if I'm in my time where my cognitive functions not the all between two and five in the afternoon, that might change that answer. But I think from me going okay, right now, here's the things I need to do before I select priorities, let me identify.
Speaker 1: Posteriorities, what I won't do with my time right now.
Speaker 5: What's left over, what's most critical, and then at once that's done.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me reassess.
Speaker 5: If I had every minute of my day blocked out in these fifteen minute blocks, I would be so not productive, especially on the creative aspects of my work.
Speaker 1: So I love what you said there. It really lands with me. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about, like we've spoken about this many times, the idea of you know, obviously with the U project, my intention behind was that behind that was that, you know, the biggest project I'll have in my life or biggest management project is me, my mind, my motions, my choice's, behavior's outcomes, et cetera. And I used to with I didn't do it initially, but then probably two or three years into my personal training career, with nearly all of my clients, we worked in twenty eight day blocks, so we would every four weeks we would do an assessment, and they weren't the same assessments. It was an assessment relevant to the individual right goals, needs, physiology issues.
Speaker 1: All of that stuff. But what we would do is we would train.
Speaker 2: We would go through all the stuff and then every twenty eight days we would reset, re evaluate, talk, try and get some awareness, hit the pause button and go, Okay, this is what we've done for twenty eight days. Is what we've achieved or not achieved. Let's change one or two variables. Then we talk about the variables, right, and there might be one food thing, one supplement thing, one exercise thing, one lifestyle thing, whatever. I think, you know, because people love structure and process, and I think one of the things sometimes with this show and lots of shows, is you get all of this data and all of this information, all of these ideas, and you're like, yeah, but where the fuck do I start?
Speaker 1: Where the fuck do I start? And I was talking with the Crab last night at the gym. The Crab is my training partner, and.
Speaker 2: He said to me, I've like my heart rate, my resting heart rate, which is usually in the eighties. He said, it's come down. It's constantly in the sixties now, like sixty five sixty three. And he goes, and my blood pressure is low, and I go. The problem with the Crab, though, is he tries fourteen new things every week. Right, So we don't know what's working. He's always adding supplements. And I'm not talking about drugs. I'm literally talking about just all of the crappy eyes online, which you don't know if it works or it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: But he's always But.
Speaker 2: The idea, my idea is, you know, when we try to figure out how we work, and we go all right, well, his apart from my day to day, my to do list, But over the next four weeks, why don't I try this with my sleep or whatever, or why don't I try this with my food and make one or two changes that you are absolutely going to know this is working, this is not working, This is a good.
Speaker 1: Idea or bad idea, and then you can build on that.
Speaker 2: Because when we talk about how do I be more efficient with my energy, how do I manage myself better, how do I optimize my genetics, it's such a massive process and project. The very few of us are going to wake up in five years and go, fuck, I'm incredibly improved and better and magically somehow. But I think that idea of going well, I'm constantly tired. I'm a bit of an overthinker. I really struggle with anxiety. Here's maybe one thing that I will do absolutely every day for twenty eight days to maybe help find some calm because or to find some joy, or to you know, whatever it is. I just think that that idea of actually being a little bit scientific, even if you're not a scientist. You don't need to be sciencey, but just go, what's one thing that I can change? Because your body will tell you. Your nervous system will tell you, your energy levels will tell you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And so for people listening, go where the fuck do I start? Make a calculated, intelligent decision. This is a suggestion, and change one thing or two things, and don't unchange it unless you get really adverse response, and then just see what happens, because you might find a thing that you go, fuck, I'm I'm five percent better when I do this. Cool Now next month, build on that. What are your thoughts on that, Tiff?
Speaker 4: I have been doing that the last couple of years, with the with my energy and my hormone changes and HIT and the supplements, and even with the suboptimal usually advice from doctors when I'm given like when I was put on HRT, I wasn't directed properly on how to use the body stuff or what each substance was doing. And so recently I had progesterone increased and then I had side effects from it, and then I had to go and research myself, and then I had to figure out and on top of that, I've looked at supplements. So I've got a lot of fatigue lately. So now I've started having to write down the days that I'm feeling tired to see if it's cyclical, if it's happening at the same time each month, because it looks like it might be, but I forget because I've got the mind of bloody rabbit.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm doing it all the time.
Speaker 4: And now I've had to remove a one of my sleep supplements that works really well at when I'm taking progesterone because I think it's too much because I take Gabbat and gab is amazing for me. I go straight to sleep, but I'm waking up tired and heavy in the second half of my cycle when I'm taping progesterone.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I mean, how fucking interesting is that? And thinking, you know, like whether or not you understand your body or your mind or your behaviors or whatever.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got a body.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got a nervous system, everybody's got a hormone or an endocrime system. Everybody's got a respiratory in a cardiovasculars you know, like we're all the sat we're all different, but we've all got the same bits kind of and then we've all got a mind, and we've all got a background. We've all got a bit of trauma, we've all got a bit of excitement, we've all got goals. But it's trying to you know, especially on a show which is essentially about self optimization on some level, right then you know, to start to get a little bit strategic and even as we've said many times, to record it, to diarize it, and then go, well when I do this, what's the outcome?
Speaker 1: Well? No change?
Speaker 2: Cool, Well maybe you can fuck that off when you do, you know, like when I started, simplest protocol of all time, walk ten thousand steps a day, don't stop, don't do it three days, don't go hey, world, I'm doing then fucking give up. So since the day I started, which is probably twenty months ago, I haven't missed one day in twenty months. And overall for me, I couldn't really quantify, but I'm just going to say better better brain, better energy generally speaking, except when I don't take my B twelve because I'm fuck an idiot, yeah, Bobby, Or in.
Speaker 5: All seriousness, I've always wanted to be a shift worker. I know it's really bad for you, but I've always wanted to just like sleep all day and work at night and just see what the.
Speaker 1: Impact would be.
Speaker 5: Really Yeah, yeah, I know it's the worst thing you could possibly do, and there's a lot of issues associated with shift work, but I've done it a couple of times.
Speaker 1: So when I was younger and I was working security in New York.
Speaker 5: This is prior to like getting into that fitness industry, I was like eighteen years old, and a lot of times I would do the overnight shift and I loved it.
Speaker 1: There was just something about it. I just love hours of the day.
Speaker 5: When the rest of the world seems like it's sleeping, like early early in the morning, four or five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: I just love that. I look forward to that every day and then like twelve one o'clock in the morning. It's brilliant.
Speaker 5: So I just I always wanted to experiment with that for a few months just to feel what that's like. I probably feel like shit, but for me, there's something very quiet, very self organizing, you know, just very peaceful about that time.
Speaker 1: That is such a weird comment, but I'm interested.
Speaker 2: I mean, I did not expect you to say that at all, like and simultaneously say, I know it's terrible for you, but I would love to do this thing. Yeah, I have no desire to do that. Could you imagine the fucking nightmare that you and I would be? Oh oh oh yeah, But I do understand that nighttime stillness and space and serenity.
Speaker 1: Bobby, where you're just like, oh, I love this time of the day. It's brilliant.
Speaker 5: And even when you know, we went to Rinkopec and you had like three hours a day late maybe kind of like one hour of twilight and the rest of the time it was doc I just love the way that felt.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, Iceland's pretty fucking beautiful as well. Oh my god, that that was one of the most magical places I've ever been in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if you put your little finger up in there, please share. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I've got a friend who we do little voice notes. Here's more like a podcast to me over a messenger shout out to VICKI, But it's like catching up with a friend when you don't have time to get on the phone and catch up with a friend. So she'll drop me a voice note about things going on in their life, and I'll do the same when I have time. And it's awesome. She in the one that she left me yesterday. She happened to be thinking about me coming back from holiday, She goes, what have you? I was thinking about you and India and are you going away again? Like you just had such great energy and what was that all about? And I was thinking about at Christmas time, I put I replayed an old episode of one of my guests, and I listened to it, and I was talking about the year before when I went to Vietnam, and I spoke about and I don't recall this now, but I spoke about Vietnam almost as passionately as I felt when I came back from India. And it made me realize how much or how important is for me to disconnect and to go to places that are unfamiliar and beautiful and around different people, but also how that reset so when we're in the him malayas it resets your circadian rhythm because by eight o'clock we eat food around the campfire, and by eight o'clock I would sneak off and go get in my tent and I would go to sleep, and I would wake up, and I would get up and I would walk and wait for everyone to wake up. Like your body finds the rhythm again, because my head's not busy thinking and doing.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think when you get away from the thing that you spend most of your time in the middle of, be that geographically, socially, professionally, but all of a sudden, it's you in a part of the world or country or whatever.
Speaker 1: Where this is not your place, but fuck, this place is good. Yeah, like this is yeah. Yeah, I think when you're in the middle of that, the continuity.
Speaker 2: Of the day to day, the groundhog dayanus of our existence, when you're just kind of in that flow or that momentum, swimming to the side of the river and getting out of that and finding some space in a different space is not always.
Speaker 1: Easy to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you realize how some of the.
Speaker 4: Small things that don't matter we turn into things that matter or we have to control too much in our lives. I remember they would our lunch every day in India and it would be a really like sometimes a sandwich of whitebread sandwich with plastic cheese and shit. And it was if you handed me that now, I would throw it at you and go, I'm putting name in my body. That is grossest thing ever. We would get to lunchtime and that was the most beautiful gift. I appreciated it and I enjoyed it because my cup was full from other things. I wasn't trying to fill my cup with brownie or I was over control. I need to control this, I need to put this in my body. It was just like, have a fucking sandwich, mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's an inverse correlation between your spiritual state and your brownie consumption?
Speaker 1: Bobby? I feel like you are in your happy place, and it varies a bit. There's peaks and troughs.
Speaker 2: But when you're around people you love and and you're on stage, or you're at a conference, or you're at an event and things are going great and you're flying, which is most of the time, I feel like that's you going.
Speaker 1: This is my purpose.
Speaker 2: My purpose is to teach and inspire and help and support and empower people to be I feel like that's that's your optimal energy giver almost yeah.
Speaker 5: Learning, yeah, teaching, rating, traveling planner, playing with ideas, being around people that engage me. Absolutely, that is my happy place them. I plug in to those value sets, the happier and more fluid am.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember talking to them.
Speaker 2: I don't know who it was, maybe body or someone about you and back in the day when you spend about seven hundred days on the.
Speaker 1: Road a year and we're like, how does this motherfucker? And it's like at the end, you're better than you were at the stop. It's like you're jorgonized. Yeah, right, when I was constantly on the road.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's exhausting when you get off a plane, especially a red eye, because I cannot sleep on a plane to save my life. So that day I'm just walking around like I've been lobotomized. But once I get some sleep and I get into that rhythm, I have more energy flying around the world than I do waking up in the same place and having a structured environment day in day out, because that becomes a ritual in and of itself, and it's just all of these things that feed me. Although lately, and I don't know if this is a consequence of how my environment has changed, Like I don't want to say join COVID but towards the end of COVID to now, or if I'm changing intrinsically, but I feel like I get more of a reward from teaching small groups, not be on that stage, but training and developing other people to be on that stage, to be in that coaching appointment.
Speaker 1: I feel like that drives me more than being the person on stage myself. Lately.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's because in those more intimate scenarios where it's you and ten people in a room or thirty or five or whatever, there's more connection, there's more intimacy, there's more I don't know, I feel like you're you're not really delivering something, You're just connecting with people and interacting with people. And like I think that, I think the energy is very different in that situation to standing on a stage being not performative but essentially doing a performance or giving a speech, or where you can't be too organic because you've got to get a job done. Yeah, I think for me, one of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten, and I know TIV has, and I'm sure you have. But it is when people say I love being around you, I love your energy. When I go away from you, I feel more energized. And that's I don't mean that sounds self indulgent or arrogant or because doesn't get set a lot by the way, most people are like your account, how do I get.
Speaker 1: Out of here?
Speaker 2: But those few yeah, yeah, yeah, oh you're welcome, thanks Dave. But it's like, you know, like you know people sorry, you know tif that people love being around you, like you're like even the groups that you teach you your training groups where you smash people, like nobody is coming because it's fun. It's fucking horrible and you're a fucking monster and take my money right, Well that's because of your energy. Yeah, like that's And also it's not like, oh, there are no other training groups in Melbourne, or there are no other gyms. Well, they're a fucking million and in the middle of all of that, and it's not like you're training in a seven million dollar complex. It's not like you're at the AIS with unlimited resources. It's just old school fucking brutality mixed with a bit of sociology and a few laughs and a bit of silliness. But because you care about them and you love them, they'd love being around you, Like for me, if you can, if people want to be around you, just amongst other things, but primarily because like your energy is great. That's a fucking gift. And there are some people that I know it's like in I mean this with total respect, but there's nothing really majorly spectacular about them where you would go, oh, she's a world class singer, or he played for fucking the New York Jets or whatever it is, right, but you just know when you're around them, it's fucking good, Like it's not.
Speaker 1: There are some people that being around them.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh my god, it's like wading through fucking social quicksand God bless. And then there are other people that're just like, fuck, I just want to bask in this. This makes me and it's nothing particular that happens. I just walk away going I'd like to hang out with you. Like it's like almost a fucking you know, a little human pick me up?
Speaker 1: What's that? What's the drug Prozac? It's like a fucking human prozac sitting.
Speaker 4: Down with energy is so important and it I was talking about it with someone recently, like just the you have to be so aware of it because the difference between me when I am burnt out and aiming to do what especially given the things that I do, is I'm a different person if I'm well slept and I have good energy. But you have to, I mean eventually in your life apparently you have to realize that the energy is not endless and you need to nurture it and you need to do the right things like when you're young that was an all the time stayed yes.
Speaker 2: And also being knowing now as a full ass alleged grown up going I should probably not have this meeting today every now and then, I should probably not do these two sessions because I'm a two out of ten and I'm definitely not going to be amazing to be here, and not that you need to be amazing, but it's like, I know that I can't do my best for this person.
Speaker 1: So I'll pull the pin.
Speaker 2: We better stop, because we've been banging on for over for an hour or so. Robert Capuccio dot com is Bobby's website. The self help antidote. Of course, is his brilliant podcast, Roll with Punches is TIFFs podcast, which is well over a thousand episodes. She is in rare air, She's just fucking flying, and she's off to talk to the masses in Queensland next Thursday with a stowaway.
Speaker 1: I don't know. How do you feel about the stowaway?
Speaker 2: Is that? I feel like the stowaway could be a fucking distraction. I don't know that he's going to be particularly valuable, but who knows.
Speaker 3: He's not coming for the entire event.
Speaker 4: And as my speaker coach Jack mentioned on Facebook, he's probably going to be better at reenacting this beautiful blowwave that the hairdresser gave me yesterday than I would.
Speaker 3: So he might redeem himself. He might might be handy.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean he's going to do your hair up there?
Speaker 4: I reckon, I reckon. I've got to go to a gala ball mate. I went frock shopping today, just saying, what.
Speaker 1: Did you buy a frock? I did? Oh? Fuck? Describe that to Robert Nye? What is this frock?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 1: It is listeners.
Speaker 3: It is sequenced, all sequenced. I love it. I love a good sequence. Got split.
Speaker 2: I bet it's got the shoulders cut out so everyone can see your fucking massive debts, hasn't it? No?
Speaker 3: Do you want to know a story?
Speaker 4: Though this has happened on multiple occasions, Shout out to the fitness, fitness, the fashion designers out there, who was shit? Or do you have any times I have gotten Oliver almost died in the change rooms at Mayas because you put a dress on and then you go to take it off and my laps won't come out because there's no.
Speaker 3: Zip or anything.
Speaker 4: You slip it over your head and then you've got to get back off and I'm like, I'm never and then sometimes I actually am sitting there.
Speaker 3: I sit for five minutes kind of panicking.
Speaker 4: Going, well, what now what do I do with this dress worth hundreds of dollars that I am now stuck in m That's.
Speaker 1: Why I address this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just put your tracksuit over the top and stroll right out. That's what Bobby does. That's how he gets his free dresses. I might suggest if that perhaps you are the problem, not the dressmakers, because you are an.
Speaker 1: Anomaly, you know from the back. Well I'm not saying total dude, but well, you know.
Speaker 3: Actually, until I started, you harps and then my left I am.
Speaker 2: The problem creator Bobby. Enjoy that wine and thanks for coming to play. We'll say goodbye Affair, of course, but TIV thank you for listeners. Sorry about that. We'll try harder next time.