Speaker 1: I'm not even going to intro the show to I'm just going to say good morning, Patrick.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. No one will know that the show started.
Speaker 1: They'll think I'm breaking with protocol. They know, they know where they are, they know what they're listening to. They don't need mena Telement's to the fucking new project again. They know.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought it's Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look like you're on the moon. You look like you're in at the International Space Station, which is I guess the look you're going for. And over your well both I was going to say, left mainly left shoulder. I can see is that Earth below?
Speaker 2: I can see, well a random planet below. Yeah, it's just a backdrop that I've got for my little podcasting area. Do you like it?
Speaker 1: Well? I like it? Well, so that's not a screen thing, that's what is that.
Speaker 2: It's an actual printed piece of material that shows a view from a space real Yeah, yeah, it's real.
Speaker 1: Seed.
Speaker 2: Look Oh wow at it?
Speaker 1: Like wow, that that is actually can you can you just take a little thing of this and make a real so people can see Patrick's because you thought it was like a virtual background, like like yours, looks like an actual background that doesn't have any of the U Project identifying it, of course, despite the fact that you're being paid right now to represent the U Project. That's all right.
Speaker 2: If I put a U Project sign on the back of my space station.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can. Yeah, I tell you what you see if you could get those global numbers, I tell you what Mars. The numbers have been really down on Mars and Jupiter and especially your Onus. You knew it was coming. Yeah. Good morning, Tiff, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Like Patrick Sport is Patrick Sport Fritz Fritz's Patrick Schnauzer, which is not a euphemism but something else actually a dog Patrick's fort is Schnauzer. What are you have your pets in the studio? Bear is off.
Speaker 3: To the side in her little cat castle, so you might see a tail whip past my face at some point.
Speaker 1: And what's learner is she just reclining in the dog bean bag.
Speaker 3: There's a fair chance that whilst she realizes I am busy, she is sneaking under the covers in my bed, which is a yet to be resolved issue that is ongoing.
Speaker 1: What is the what do I don't know if psychology is the right word with dogs. But you two a dog owners. Dogs seem to dig. Do you think it's being in between something under or behind something makes them feel secure?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah. Lots of whipbits have there, like these cocoon beds. They're like a little there'll a big round cushion and then they have a little cover that goes over it and it's so cute.
Speaker 1: Whatever you do, don't bring a kangaroo home, a female kangaroo, because you know where Luna will be.
Speaker 3: She would look like a little Whippets look like little kangaroos. Lots of people call them rue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. They look like a little Joey's Patrick. How's your week been?
Speaker 2: How's my week been? I got to fly my drone, which is always fun. One of my clients was doing a landscaping project, really steep hill and they're putting a winding road up and they're putting gravel down, and I just got to fly my drone following the whole construction process. It's just it's great. I love doing that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I was out there. Was that just for curiosity or are you filming something or doing something the client?
Speaker 2: Now the client does grounds maintenance and all that sort of stuff as best to removal. Last week I was actually hits sexy Land, the old sexy Land in Geelong. It was a bit of a running joke in the office that we were going out to sexy Land to do some filming, and all it was was just a giant roof that was being taken apart and I got to fly my drone. But the funniest thing, and the childish thing, was that there is this giant chimney stack that's very well known in July Long and I did the opening shot. I just had the drone panning up this giant chimney stack to reveal the sexy Land roof. Yeah, anyway, I thought it was I.
Speaker 1: Know where you're going, but I'm not going to open the door and jump in because I'm going to try and spend the first four minutes without doing any kind of innuendo. Thanks to you too.
Speaker 4: Sorry did you just say urinus, that's that's that's planetary, that's yeah, good morning.
Speaker 1: TIV said that while you're swigging from your drink, going to be hydrated.
Speaker 3: Ha, it's got to stay hydrated.
Speaker 1: It's nine oh five, it's Friday, the fifteenth of the eleventh, What have you done? Have you been? Have you done a workout? Have you has been productive?
Speaker 3: Luna for a big stroll this morning, a busy little day, so Luna first up. We went and trotted around the beautiful streets of Elwood.
Speaker 1: Is she a social dog? Is does she like other dogs?
Speaker 3: Or is she a She is sometimes social and sometimes a psychopath. She can be just randomly sporadically reactive, so we can it can be a real party taking her for a walk.
Speaker 1: Sometimes what do you mean reactive like bark at someone? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, on leash she can stack on quite a turn. Just a bit of emotional regulation runs in the family. We don't know what's going on, but sometimes we just start kind of twitching.
Speaker 1: And do you think your emotional state in a given moment affects her emotional state?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah, I think it does. But also she reads the energy of other dogs because it's not a specific breed.
Speaker 1: It's really odd.
Speaker 3: And then there's a few houses that once she's had a bit of a run in with a dog behind a fence, approach mat fence, if she sensors the dog there, even before she sees a dog, she can start like just kind of twitching, Like if you you know what highly strung race horses look like when you watch them walk around the yard, she can get a bit of that going on.
Speaker 1: Wow, I watched this. I wonder if I don't know the answer to this question. I'm thinking out loud, but I wonder if it's they can kind of if it's emotional, or if they smell, because when dogs are in certain states, they're producing different chemicals which would have different smells, right, Like, I think they can whatever's associated with adrenaline or cortisol or all the hormones associated with anger in dogs. Maybe they're producing some kind of scent that she can pick up on that you can't, like, I don't know, maybe there's like a threat smell or a danger smell or a I don't know.
Speaker 3: M that's a good point, and it's all it's to do with being on leash as well on leash or behind a fence, and you can take those things away and she generally doesn't behave the same.
Speaker 1: I watched a video the other day of a lady talking who's got a Golden Retriever and she was anyway that her dog that she loves, the dog loves her they're like like you two and your dogs like in love. And her dog started acting a bit weird, and when she would lie down the dog, she could see the dog was uneasy and concerned, but nothing had happened, so she couldn't figure it out. And whenever she would lie down, the dog would come up and poke its nose in her stomach slash chest region, you know what I'm going to say. And this was just consistent. And anyway, she had no symptoms, so no reason to go for a check up. And anyway, she took the dog to the vet, and the vets like, the dog's fine, there's nothing. I don't know, like there's nothing wrong with her or him. I think with her anyway, a week later or something anyway, you know what I'm going to say. So she went to the doctor and she had either stomach cancer or lung cancer or something, but it was early enough that it was treatable. And if not, she thinks, and probably if not for the dog's early early warning system, like the canine early warning system going hey mom, there's something going on in here that doesn't smell right. There's fucking something bad, because I guess, I mean, I don't fucking know everyone, I'm making this shut up, but I would imagine that it must be a in inverted Comma's bad smell for the dog or something that's unfamiliar. So fucking hell. So you two, you know, if Patrick rich starts poking you in the cock, you better go the doctor. Oh god, well you better or stomach or left elbow, doesn't matter, whatever body part. But if all of a sudden, I.
Speaker 2: Was going to ask you how your week's been, because you ask us all the time, and I don't know that we ask you that often.
Speaker 1: But love, Yeah, I don't want to bore everyone or upset everyone, but I've had a hard week with a friend of mine, family friend, very very close is doing it. Doing it hard would be an understatement. But so that's been going on, and I've been so I grew up. The quick version is, I've got four pseudo sisters that I grew up next to, kind of in parallel up in the country. I'm like their brother that I have a brother. They're like my sisters. I don't have siblings. Their mum and dad was like my other mum and dad, and vice versa. And you know, it's it's fair to say that. Yeah, their mum is just she's in the hospital at the moment and not in a great way. And so it's been an interesting time, you know, And it's been it's interesting without being morbid or anything. But you know, we talk about and I know this show is not about this, but fuck it, we're humans like you talk about gratitude and awareness and you and I Tip have spoken about this a bit lately, context and perspective and what actually matters. And I know we all know this, but when someone that you love gets sick, it's amazing how quickly for me anyway, things come screamingly into perspective. And you know, which is why I still like to get on the show and have fun and be silly, because we need the pendulum to swing a bit. But yeah, this week has been tough mentally and emotionally, and it was always also one of my best mates died a few years ago, and it was his birthday yesterday, so November four, and Dicko shout out to Dicko and Dicka's family, and so yeah, it was just one of those. It's been an interesting week. But nonetheless, mate, we push on, We push on.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people are struggling at the moment. I was talking to a lovely client of mine who is a florist here in town, and you know, I get a sense that people with there's a lot of uncertainty. I mean, I'm not suggesting that the recent American election kind of influenced people much, but a lot of people were talking about it, this speculation as to what's going to happen on a world scale, but even on a domestic scale. You know, you go and you fill up at the petrol station, or you buy your groceries and everything that seems that to be that little bit more expensive, and I think people are finding a little bit harder. And we're going into Christmas and that can be a positive time, but it can be a stressful time for people as well. We forget that sometimes, so I think, just yeah, big cyber hug to everyone at the moment, I think just more often and really look past the facade and say, what's driving that? The person yelling at you because you know you got cut off when you're driving, you know, road rage. Why do people get so riled up so easily, and what's happening in the background in their lives? You know, we often think of isolated incidents, as you know, we've been hard done by, But what motivates that, what led up to it? What was that straw that broke the Campbell's back? And I don't know, we look further than beyond the surface sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we've probably spoken about we haven't spoken about this on this particular, you know, the Patrick, Tiff and Craig Show, but we've spoken a lot outside of this context about I mean, the way that we are always you know, Patrick only sees the Patrick world, TIFFs sees it. You know, it's because we're always looking through our lens, our window, our beliefs, and that shapes our reality. And it's the same. And even me, who kind of has a pretty good grasp of self awareness and subjective objective all that shit reality, I still look through the Craig window, and I still have bias, and I still I'm still selfish, and I still want things to be the way I want them to be. And you know, and that's the that's the ever present I guess reality is that even though I've said this too many times, but there's three of us in this conversation, but we're all having a different experience, because our experience is created by us individually. And then so when you see someone who's losing their shits, and for you it's not something that you would lose your shit over, it's very easy to be judgmental. But you know, I think you told this story a long time ago, mate, about a guy who got on a train, do you remember, and a kid was some kid was losing his shits and the dad was there, not really on the train, not really paying attention and not controlling his kid. And then some other guy kind of reprimanded the father for not controlling his child. And he'd just left the hospital because his wife had died, and he was do you remember that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Actually that's right, right, maybe it will obviously, wasn't you. But it's like this, literally, this dude was on he just left the hospital, his wife had died of cant who was sitting on a train. He was just fucking lost, and his kid was running a muck a bit, and this other passenger is like reprimanding him for all this stuff, and he was just clearly you know, So you don't, and I know that's melodramatically, you don't know, you know, And you. Yeah, it's I think as I think, as we get maybe a bit older, who knows, hopefully we get wiser. I don't know that that's always the case, but I think just having I think, trying to understand others but not necessarily agree with them. And we've spoken about this, like understanding even people that you don't agree with. Understanding them doesn't mean that you can done what they do or you support what they do, but we need to at least, you know, Like I think it was Edmund Burke said, all it's necessary for evil to triumph is for good, he said men, but I think him and people will use people. All that's necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing right. But you can't. You can't overcome what you don't understand. So even with shit that's dark and evil and sinister, we need to try to understand that so we can combat that, you know, And I think that's evident now with everything across the world, from war to famine, to domestic violence to politics, to all the horrible shit that really does happen. It's all well and good to go, it shouldn't happen, but we need to understand why it keeps fucking happening, so we can figure out a solution.
Speaker 2: But even at a micro level, it was interesting. One of the stories that I was going to chat about today was that a lot of you are probably aware that Tesla has all these cameras around their cars, and it's called a sentinel system, so it tracks the vehicle and what's happening and senses what's going on around the vehicle. And there's a Facebook group of Tesla owners and they show videos of people vandalizing their cars. And it's not disgruntled teenagers. They're showing instances of boomers. You know, a woman walks past and just keys the car, an older man keys the car, and you think that's behavior is something that you would not expect from a grown person. And what's prompted them to be so angry with an indiscriminate person who they've never met. The only thing that has identified them is that they're driving an electric car, a Tesla in this case. Now, whether to other really expensive cars, I mean, someone might have a merk PARKD or a Beama and they may be doing the same thing, but they're not being captured on camera. But what does that say about our society. I was talking to someone about how if you had a convicted criminal who was a multi multi millionaire almost billionaire, would you vote them into power Because in Australia tall poppy syndrome not a bloody chance. But when we look at rich people, we tend to do the tall poppy thing, Whereas in the United States when they see a rich person, they think, Wow, that person's worked hard and they look up to that person. They aspire to be that person. And I'm no way a political pundit that I wouldn't even want to begin to try to analyze, you know, what happened at the last election. But the reality of it is our mindset's very different in Australia and the way that we look at people and that tall poppy thing seems to come back a lot, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it is. It is interesting like I've presented in America quite a lot, and yeah, look like the audiences in Australia are good. It varies though. It's like in there was very famous baseball who was one of the first Australians to do great in America in the in the major in the Major League Baseball MLB. His name is Dave Neilson. He was a pitcher, and he said he wants to go where he's celebrated, not tolerated, right, And he was talking about how in America this was as best I remember this because this was my first kind of exposure to this idea of tall poppy syndrome. And he said, it's interesting because he's and there was no ego in this, but he's like quite successful, famous, wealthy, you know, back in the day, one of the best baseballers on the planet, which was obviously an exceptional thing for an Australian growing up in a country where baseball is not a big sport and all that stuff. And he said, but his overwhelming kind of energy that he got was that Australians resented him, whereas in America they just they were they thought it was fucking amazing, you know. So I think there's a bit of that, but I also think, you know, it's like I personally get a lot of you know, I get bits of hate, of course, but I'm in no way a big deal. But if I run a public event and we get hundreds of people along, obviously they're coming to hear me. So it's a warm audience, but it's mostly positive. But I think also just jumping back, this is interesting to there's a little bit of technology involved here to the Tesla thing where you go, oh, you wouldn't expect boomers to do this or that. I don't know, I kind of would. I think some boomers some a fucking resentful bit of twisted old fucks. I do. I do. No, not obviously, not all, but I think anyone like. I'll give you two quick stories. Right, So, my mum and dad had a restaurant years ago, and they I wanted I can't give too much detail, but they employed a person that they knew, not well. But this person was really struggling part of a family. The family, you know, some shit had happened. So they gave this person a job to help them that really didn't have great skills, any experience in hospitality. And the quick story is this person systematically stole money from my mum and dad. Right now, Mom and dad gave this person an opportunity so that they could support or help support their family. And this was not a nineteen year old. This was like a forty five year old woman who was just happened to be a woman could have been a man, but it was or maybe a forty year old, but yeah, stealing from my mum and dad. I had similar things happen in my business. I went to I was in New Zealand quite a few years ago and I was training at a big gym in Queenstown and what a beautiful joint that is. Anyway, I was talking to a guy who owned it. I think it was a guy. It was a guy, and we were just chatting about the industry and stuff. Said, I'll tell you. We ended up talking about how do you go? Because back then it was a lot of cash, you know, and they had a multitude of different things that needed to be paid for, everything from gatorade to coffee, to swimming goggles to squash rackets to memberships to you know. There was a lot of cash. And this dude thought that one of his staff was stealing one, right, So he got a friend of his found a security company to come in like at midnight on a Sunday night when the joint was closed, and put all these cameras in reception looking down to feel what was happening over and around the cash register. And so the first day, which was a Monday, I think there were seven people that were working at reception, and all seven of them stole. Wow, all seven staff members were pilfering either money or products or so they would do a forty dollars sale and they'd ring up twenty, so at the end of the day the till balanced, but that'd sell to whatevers two pairs of goggles. They'd ring up one pair of goggle and they'd put twenty in the till and twenty in their pocket. And every one of his staff members And this was not shifty, dodgy people. This is just people who went it's a cash business. I deserve this. Da da da da dha. So, yeah, I think you'd be surprised. I would think that is an atypical result. I would think generally seven out of seven don't. But that is that was his story. And yeah, and he used you know, surveillance and tech and cameras to figure that out. But but I'm not surprised. Patrick, all right, this is not about me today. I just made it. I apologized, but I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: No, it is. It's really interesting. You know, It's about the human condition. I suppose. Look, one of the reasons I like tech is because I just find it interesting. And you know, we were talking just briefly about what was happening in the political format, and you know, what was going on politics around the world. And one of the things I like about my news feed is it's totally curated for me. So I get vegan recipes, tech news, gadgets, and people say, oh my god, I just see that happen. It's like, nah, nah, didn't see that happen. Nah? But did you know that now you can power your house with your electric car. It's like, really, actually you can, by the way, I just thought i'd work that into the store.
Speaker 1: But how do you charge your car? Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, look if you need it to now, Look, this isn't It's interesting when you think about it. The batteries inside electric cars are actually bigger than the batteries used when people have power backups in their homes. So if you've got a test wall, a power wall, it's smaller than a battery inside a Tesla car. So it makes perfect sense. And I didn't know this. I was doing looking into this in an article I was reading, and there's actually three different formats it's called. So there's V two, G which is vehicle to the grid, V two H, which is vehicle to the house, and then V two L, which is vehicle to load. And what it effectively means is that you can use that car. I mean, I know I'm ignoring your question silly now, but effectively it means that if there's a power blackout, you could use your electric car to be able to power your house, or if you go camping, you can plug it into your car and be able to run those items, or just actually use your car's battery power to feed back into the grid and make some money. So the reason that would work, I mean for a lot of people who've got electric cars, or at least the people that I know have got solar panels as well, they're generating power and charging the car up. But on a cloudy day, when you haven't got that much power being charged, you could effectively be using your car to feedback into the grid. So if you're not going to be driving that day, you could use the battery for something else, or if the power goes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, well that makes total sense. And I mean I think in certain situations that's going to be a godsend, you know, But.
Speaker 2: That feature isn't actually available so much in Australia. It's only just recently that particularly, the vehicle to the grid has only now been launched or is about to be launched in Australia because it's way charging effectively. It's called bidirectional charging, and a lot of the current cars don't have that capacity, or at least the charging stations don't have that capacity. So this is regulations have to be put in place, and the Climate Change Ministry here in Australia has just approved the idea of vehicle to the grid and it means by Christmas people who have their electric cars will be able to then use that to be able to power back into the grid, which could be quite useful.
Speaker 1: Hey, yes, I agree, I'm just reading here. One of your one of your dot points for our discussion today is goodbye annoying touch screens, welcome back buttons. Thank god if that happens, because I'm a fucking t rex, so I'm on board. I'm all in right before you tell us about that. You know how we have like the iPhone fucking twenty eight which you can land the space shuttle and you know, cure cancer with right, We've got that. But then at the other end of the scale, we've got really fundamental phones that we can use as essentially a phone to make calls, get calls. And where did he go to? Is he going?
Speaker 3: You can still here, but he just gets up and leaves.
Speaker 1: That's okay. So but you know how we've got super capable phones and then super fundamental phones, right, and we've also got you know, digital music recorded incredibly and we've got LPs which we put on a record player. Right, so we've got all ends of the scale. My question to you is, do you think or my idea is I reckon they should produce a car, and of course there's got to be some tech, but a low tech car where you don't need to be a fucking genius to use it. You know, it's almost like the analog car. You know, there's a wireless do you turn the button on for the air? You know there's a radio, you turn the knob. Is anyone like that's what my mom needs? I'm scared to she's probably not going to have another car. But even the last car I bought her, it's it's a Suzuki Swift that's not exactly a fucking Tesla but it's almost over In fact, it is over ahead eighty percent of what that car can do, you know, because she can make phone calls automatically just talking to the car, and adaptive you know, cruise control and what do you think Patrick, a low key, analogue basic car, but for like fifteen grand look.
Speaker 2: Yes and no. I'm going to answer yes and no. The reason of the yes and no is because there's so much more safety features built into new cars. Lane assist, adaptive cruise control, all those sort of things are really good because it makes it safer on the roads. However, yes, bring back the knobs. And Hyundai, Porsche Volkswagen they are thinking about doing just that. In fact, Hyundai Design North America vice president, a guard by the name of Ha Haksu, has basically said that they have talked to their customers and the customers are saying, we need to go back to knobs. We need to go back to those.
Speaker 1: Now, Wow, you would have breed the sireh relief. Yeah, that's good knobs, it is everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so stand by, Yeah, so the knob.
Speaker 1: Can't wait? Can't wait? Keep going?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You want me to keep going? After you threw us all under.
Speaker 1: The I didn't throw anyone under the bus. I didn't you like literally it's oh no, that's going to say knobs are back. That was the bloody headline. So but actually i'm reading it. It's buttons, buttons and knobs coming back soon.
Speaker 2: Here's here's an amazing story, and.
Speaker 1: We'll be the judge.
Speaker 2: Power over Skinned.
Speaker 1: Don't oversell it. Don't oversell it. Next time. Go here's a pretty fucking boring story. And if it's good, we'll be impressed. But when you go this is amazing, you've set our sights too high. So start again, Start again.
Speaker 2: This group of nerds, these boffins at the researchers at the Future Interfaces Group, have come up with wearable tech. It's called power over Skin, right, and it doesn't take batteries. It uses your bodies r F frequency to power these devices.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what RF frequency is. What is that?
Speaker 2: Okay? What is that? The body has natural RF energy. It's small basically because our body releases electrical impulses when we move. Okay, that's releasing RF energy. And they're saying they can harness the power of RF energy, which would allow very very tiny devices to be powered by contact with the skin.
Speaker 1: So I've got it. What about sorry, what about this for an idea? Because you know, a calorie is a calories energy, right, yep, Excess calories are stored in fat. Imagine if we could run our home from our guts.
Speaker 2: So Craig could powry his house by his fat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, excess fat.
Speaker 5: Imagine if you all your wearables were running off, you're at a post tissue. Sorry mate, keep going and apologies to the listeners. I know this is bad, even as we're in the middle of it. I recognize how bad it is. But it could get better, so stick around.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, these researchers at Carnegie Mellon University of talking about using RF transmission, So maybe it might be a bluetooth ring or a medical patch for tracking health data sun exposure. So if you could think of a little patch you'd have on your hand when you've been out in the sun for too long, it would tell you that you know you're risking getting burned. I think it could be pretty cool to do that. And the fact that we then don't have disposable batteries, no more land waste all that sort of stuff landfill waste. I just thought pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could do that. That is all silliness aside, that would be fucking amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's lots of phone I mean. The good thing is that technology has got so much better. Remember you know, remember when you used to have light bulbs that heat it up, and the problem was they took up so much energy, and then they were replaced with LEDs. The LEDs don't cause heat. They tend to expel light rather than lots of heat. And the problem with old light bulbs is that you used so much energy to power the filament. It caused heat and that's what used up lots of the power, not so much of the light that it was producing. So yeah, there's a lot to be said about it. I don't know if it's a seguay as such, But do you have an air tag? If either of you guys ever used air tags.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is, so I'm going to go with no.
Speaker 2: Okay, So at air tag, you put it in your luggage or you put it on your car keys, and that way when you can't find your stuff, you can use your phone to find it. Apple's got their air tag. There's the equivalent on Android. They've got tiles that sort of stuff. But for the first time, Apple and Quantus are going to part nor up and they're going to use air tag bag tracking, which means you'll be able to know where your bag is at all times, when it's got off the plane and all that sort of stuff. I mean, you can kind of do that now, but by supporting it and teaming up, it means it's going to be a much better tracking system, so lot a lot less chance of things going missing, and if they do, they can find them really rapidly. I thought that was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Because I need that. I need that, Patrick, how much do you know how much that is?
Speaker 2: Take overall? There's nothing an air tag maybe thirty bucks or less twenty five? Oh yeah, you can track it off.
Speaker 1: I think I didn't know what they were called, but I think I knew about them. But I so tif no pressure. But Christmas is coming.
Speaker 3: So well we start wearing the headphones I last bought you, or think about gifts or gifts, but you don't seem to put them to good use, just saying.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, sure that's valid. No, it's worth it to Shay too, Shay, good point. Okay, forget that. But you know what's interesting, Patrick Jones, is like this intersection of biology and technology is just becoming more and more, isn't it. You know, with like you're talking about our body powering these things, you know, and you know, neural link and all that kind of Yeah, it's becoming more and more a symbiotic relationship between you know, biology and technology producing something more evolved. Maybe I don't know it's more or less evolved, but interesting.
Speaker 2: But we were talking not long ago in one of the shows about a company that was developing augmented reality technology. But instead of wearing glasses so you can see an overlay of tech in front of you, so it might be giving you directions when you're walking down the street, they're talking about putting contact lenses and having contact lenses. Now, if you think about this new tech, if you could use RF technology and your own body can power the electronic devices that you're putting on your eye to be able to have little tiny screens that allow you to be it's not obtrusive. It means you don't have to wear glasses and you could be walking down the street and getting all this analytic information, you know, just hovering in the air in front of you. Your new car has heads up display, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. That's exactly what I was thinking of when you said that. I'm just imagine how much that would fuck with your mind and brain at the start, where you could pull up Google, you know, and you're staring off into space and someone's like, what are you doing, bro, I'm just looking up a word? Look what I'm just checking the stock market.
Speaker 2: It's really funny though, Craigo if you had Tinder on there and you swiped left or right and then you slapped someone in the face because you thought that it was swiping.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, definitely don't look at paun when you're on the train, just saying you know that. But that would have to be I can't see that ever being legalized for a couple of reasons, probably the main reason being driving. Imagine driving, but you've also got other shit coming up in your vision other than the road ahead of you.
Speaker 2: How do you control that? I mean, I see people as I do a lot of driving at the moment, and I know you do certainly do as well. I would in a drive to Melbourne in an hour, I would I reckon comfortably see three people on their phones. Ah, of course easily.
Speaker 1: You know, like what's yeah, I'm with you. I mean obviously I would think all three of us. Our phone just goes through our car. I don't even have to just go call Patrick and the car calls Patrick. Even in my old little cheap car, it still does the same, right. But but I think, you know, like turning, turning something on where you've got to take your eyes off the road and look at whatever it is, the panel, the like, that's that's not like it's not illegal to turn the heater on or the air conditioning on, or to change the channel while you're driving. But otherwise you wouldn't have that capacity. It would disable that as soon as the start the car started moving. But yeah, I think of course talking on you know, look holding your phone, looking at your phone, using your phone, per se, stupid. But I think there are other things that happen in a car that are just as Like is it illegal to drink a glass of orange juice while you're driving or a coffee from macers? It's not illegal, is it. Well, you've got to put that back in the cup holder where you're not doing that blind. You've got to look at it. You've got to put it in. Then you've got to take your eyes off the road to reach over and get it. I don't know. There's just a lot of things that happen in a car that to me seem equally distracting, as you know, talking on a phone or picking up He's gone again, Tim.
Speaker 2: I haven't gone. I'm right here. But talking about legality, how about this one. You're driving in your car, you drive through a drive through at a Macka's or whatever, and you pay with your phone. Well, technically you've just broken the law because the car is running, you're sitting behind the vehicle, it's not parked, and you've just used your phone to pay. You could sit if you were you're with the Boys in Blue. You could sit at a takeout and just fine every person who goes through the drive through. But that's technically right, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Page. I'm not that familiar with the leg out, but it probably probably technically. But the boys and girls in Blue in Victoria are having a bit of a holiday at the moment. Anyway, you so do your best. They were yesterday, I think, by the way, shout out to vic pol do great work.
Speaker 2: Amazing. They're fantastic.
Speaker 1: That is that is a fucking not only is that a tough job, but also it's like, I don't know why with some people police are unpopular. What do you try a world without police. Let's give that a go. Let's see how let's see how anarchy works for you.
Speaker 2: They're unpopular until something happens, they've broken down by the side of the road or someone's broken into their house, and certainly they need them, and then they're their best friends. I don't know, it's a perspective thing, but I've been fortunate in my career as a journalist, and also I've got many friends over the years who I've managed to interact with who are police, and I see what they go through. I know you are in the same boat with You've had lots of friends over the years who have worked in the industry, have been members. And I think it's an altruistic thing that people do when they want to be in an industry that services people, whether they work in the armed forces or they happen to an ambulance officer or a police officer. So much respect for those people.
Speaker 1: I think all of those face. You know, those people. Let the nurses, doctors, paramout all of those and that is that is apart from the fact that what cops do is high risk. I mean, you know, they see a lot of shit that humans probably shouldn't see or were definitely not built to see. They see a lot of shit. And you don't clock off at five o'clock and the shit stays at work, like you take this shit home. That's a whole different episode. But yeah, whatever they get paid, it ain't enough.
Speaker 2: And nurses and teachers, yeah the list, Ye all right, next patrickaving your money Crago. Here's a pack that I read in c neet an article, And if you have a Gmail account, you've got fifteen gigabytes of storage, which is a reasonable amount of storage. But because there are literally billions of people who are on Gmail, who you have Google accounts, they cap it at fifteen gig What that then means is, once you've filled up that space, you've only got the only option you've got is to delet stuff or to then pay a subscription to increase the memory storage. But there is an.
Speaker 1: Oh, and Patrick's gone. We'll be back with normal programming in just one minute. TIV. Let's just keep Let's just keep talking, and let's leave this in because what happened just then, everyone is Patrick just disappeared off the screen and considering.
Speaker 3: His whole login failed, he didn't get up this time and leave.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, no, no, no, he's just okay. Just did you just lean on a button that you shouldn't have?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't lean on a button that I should have. Wait a minute, I'm trying to connect you to my road cast. To give me two seconds, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: It is? It sounds a little bit like you're in a phone booth now, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's because I haven't connected to my device. I see, give me two seconds.
Speaker 1: Leave all this in, Tiff. This is great. This is the organic nature of podcasts. Fuck, there's no editing, there's no fluff. Yes, and his back.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yeah, no, I I'm back.
Speaker 1: That I'm back on my phone.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to connect you to my road caster, right.
Speaker 1: That is why your audio is rock solid.
Speaker 2: Sc Give me a few seconds and I'll be able to get it all back on again. God, and we're back.
Speaker 1: You didn't even know where were gone because Tiff is so fucking brilliant at editing. But we're back because Patrick's Internet did a big poo.
Speaker 2: And as the Internet, what was it? Well, can I just say that for the last fifteen minutes, I have suffered the equivalent of range anxiety. Go on, so we know what range anxiety is. Right when you driving this? We do?
Speaker 1: We do? You think?
Speaker 2: In my battery down to five percent and I've still going to go one hundred kilometers.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So I've set up in the studio in my new studio area in my garage, right and I have everything set up, and I got an old laptop, and I was going to podcast with the old laptop and realized that it wasn't connecting properly. It was too old. So I rushed inside, grabbed my proper laptop, brought it out, and I thought, I won't need the power supply. We're only going to be talking for a short time. I'm going to do it. I was only you know, I was here at eight o'clock an hour just doing a bit more research. Jump into the show. Battery Life's about four hours easy, done two hours ago, no problem. So then I get this notification on my laptop about twenty minutes ago where it says power getting low. So I dimmed the screen to the point so dark I can't read anything of it, and I'm thinking, please please last for the duration of the show, and then it just went blank so it won't happen. My laptop went flat because I couldn't be bothered dragging the power supply out.
Speaker 1: All right, now it's nine point fifty two. I've got a ten ish, so we've got a ten minute window. You were telling us about if our Gmail is full, and what were you telling us, how we can get some more data or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we get fifteen gig of data and generally, over years and years of having a Gmail account, it just fills up. And you get to the point because I think we spoke once about having ten thousand emails in your inbox, that sort of thing. So you've got two choices. One is you pay for more storage or you delete a whole lot of stuff. There is a third. Yes, I can't quite read off your phone, but it's probably got.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what it says. Twelve six hundred and eighty two emails I haven't opened, No.
Speaker 2: Wonder you never answered me?
Speaker 1: Is that bad?
Speaker 2: It's very bad. You know you've got inbox anxiety.
Speaker 1: I have no inbox anxiety. I don't fucking think about it. I have inbox indifference.
Speaker 2: I now have in box anxiety over your Phone's hilarious. So here's a really interesting hack that I saw on Seen It. All you've got to do is you just open up another free Google account, back up all of your old emails, throw them into the new account that you've set up, and then just go happily along wiping out all that storage and you've got free storage.
Speaker 1: Again that I do not know how to do that, but that sounds tippy. Know how to do that? It is?
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, you can just and you can Google it. It's not that hard to do to do a backup of your emails and back up of your data but effectively.
Speaker 1: But for our listeners are going, yep, can you slow that down, Patrick, because I need to tell them give them a like? So where do they go and what do they Google?
Speaker 2: So you what you initially, what you've got to do is open up a new Gmail account. So you go and get another free Google email and it could be Craig Harper's second email account at gmail dot com, right, and then Craigcarpers third, craigcarp is fourth and you might fill up your email in there, and then there is a process you can go to so how to back up my Gmail emails and then you just back them all up and reimport them to the other email account. Yeah, always a great hack. All right, that's it's useful.
Speaker 1: Let's you actually saved us some money today. Let's have you got another story for us something that's tickled. What about Russia finding Google twenty dacillion, which is twenty billion, trillion, trillion dollars? Why Russia so angry at Google?
Speaker 2: Everyone's angry at Google. Sometimes I just want to just see people know how much money we're talking about. It's actually twenty docillion dollars is thirty three zeros, so it's a twenty with thirty three zeros at the end. So this has been going on for about twenty so sorry about four years. And so what happened was originally the fine was for a one hundred thousand ruples and this was handed out to Google in twenty twenty after basically it was a lawsuit related to just certain restrictions on YouTube channels. But what happened was Google ignored it and then in Russia they double the bill every year, so basically that's why it got so big. So every every year, sorry, every second every day, so every day you don't pay the bill, it doubles.
Speaker 1: Wow, is there? What is there a deal for cash? Like Google? Was there an installment plan? Is there? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It all related also to the invasion of Ukraine as well, so you know it all is tied in with that. But yeah, so a decillion, twenty tazillion dollars. I mean I I saw it written down and I couldn't take it. I couldn't fathom that number. Try just try writing twenty and adding thirty three zeros and your brain starts to just phase out because it's just doing that now, Tiff, because it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of wealth and tech, So the richest man in the world is about to become part of the new US government or the new like Donald Trump is put him on his team.
Speaker 2: Oh really, well yeah no.
Speaker 1: He can you just google? What is Elon Musk's new role going to be? It's like a can you get that cat out of my there's a cat on your keyboard? Could you? I Mean, I'm not really all over this, but I know that Elon Musk has been given a role in the fucking whatever it is? What's his new job on Donald Trump's team?
Speaker 2: Hey, wild tips looking that up. Just know that the most expensive or the most valuable company in the world now is a company called in Video. It's overtaken Apple.
Speaker 1: I saw that, and I've never heard of in Video, which doesn't matter. But I'm like, I would think the most valuable company in the world, I would have heard at least of the brand. What do they do?
Speaker 2: It's probably powering the micro chip inside your graphics card, So I always thought of in Video as a graphic card companies. They basically you need a card in your computer that powers the visual device, so that powers the screen, and that's in video makes lots of chips, so effectively it's a it's a computer chip manufacturer. People who are into gaming will all know in video they make really good video cards, which you need to be able to do really good high end gaming graphics. And if you work in the video space where you produce high end video or Pixar, the people that make all those animations, you would definitely know who in Video is and what in video does, So they're they're just a yeah chip manufacturer.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, did you did you find.
Speaker 3: It is the Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 1: He is the the head of the cheekily titled Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 2: What does that even mean?
Speaker 1: Which abbreviates to dodge.
Speaker 2: I like that they thought about that being just dodgy.
Speaker 1: That's funny. That's funny. There's one other thing I wanted you to just touch on quickly. Oh yeah, Melbourne Supermarket will be the first in the country to use AI powered smart trolleys. What how does what does that look like? Like? What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Well, practice trolley will literally have a screen on it and what it will mean is as you shop, it will what you're putting into the trolley. It will make it easier because you basically it scans everything as that goes into the trolley and you will be able to pay via your shopping trolley. You don't have to line up at the checkout. They're trialing. I think Cole's is going to be the ones that are going to try the smart trolley and they've teamed up with the American company but the sensors, so they're using this advanced AI and in built scales and senses. So if you put your fruit in theirge on, you can weigh them before you chuck them into the car as well, so you won't have to worry about ever needing to queue up. You've got spos built into it. It's got a digital screen you can browse specials while you're walking around the aisles. There's a little bit about it that kind of makes me think it's a bit sad because I go shopping on a after I talk my tai Chi class on a Wednesday night, and I go to two different supermarkets and one of them has self serve checkout. Well, they both do, and I like to talk to the checkout operator. Well, I'd like to talk full stop, as you know, but I don't mind lining up and having a chat. But when you're just check it out yourself. That didn't sound right.
Speaker 1: Did it.
Speaker 2: When they're checking out yourself, it's like a mirror list of a private moment. But that the other supermarket, when I go there, they don't have any registers that are they're all self served and they just have stuff standing there making sure you're not nicking stuff. So I think it's a little bit sad, particularly you know that we're not having that human interaction and now we don't even have to talk to anybody. They probably won't even have people at checkouts anymore. They'll just have security cameras. I think Amazon had the first automated shopping center, didn't it. We didn't have any people at all. You just walked in.
Speaker 1: And do you think so, I'm with you, Like I've got a wool Wars five hundred meters from my house and I've got an Ida fifty meters from my house. I go to IgA for ninety percent of my staff. And by the way, it's often cheaper than more worse. And no, I'm not sponsored by IgA, but a lot of stuff. You'd think I'll be way dearer because it's smaller, it ain't. And Shane, I fucking love Shane. Shout out to Shane who owns it, who's just a young dude with a wife and a kid, just fucking trying to make ends meet. And I love giving Shane money. I love going over going and he goes mate and we like. I know him, he knows me, he knows most of the customers' names. And it's just good. I'm with you. It's a little bit reminds me of my childhood. Where you go and buy groceries and the person you buying them from those who you are and you have a relationship and yeah, so I'm going to keep that. So I g A keep going, keep going, because all the fucking dinosaurs like me and Patrick, We're going to keep showing up. Tif. On the other hand, I do.
Speaker 3: I g do you IgA in food works in Ellwood? I like going him for a chat?
Speaker 1: I stand corrected. Thank you. See that's three out of three. I g A keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: So next time you go in there speaking to your buddy, call it iger. We call it I get down here.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because that's what it spells ig.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's insane.
Speaker 2: It's not I've always called it IgA.
Speaker 1: Well, we could all call you Pa trick, but we don't call you Patrick because.
Speaker 2: You know, or if you haven't heard that, I've always called it iger.
Speaker 1: No, have you ever called an ig iger tiff negative? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The thing that they do just in my town, in Bewen rather than Bland.
Speaker 1: I think that is true. Patrick. How do people find you? Followy, connect with you, come and stay at your house for the weekend. You should do an AIRB and B. I should do like a you should do a weekend. This is what you should listen to me fucking telling you what you should do. Ignore this. But now that you've almost got your new Tay Cheese studio, I was going to say, yeah, you would have kicked me in the dick for picking the wrong martial art or whatever it is, the wrong art. Now that you've almost got your new Tay Cheese studio, you could have like a small little retreat, couldn't you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I could, I could.
Speaker 1: Could you be less enthusiastic?
Speaker 2: No, I will like in run little workshops. The plan is to run some little workshops. I do enjoy doing those, and you can focus. One of the things I like about doing tai chie workshops is you can focus on the finessing of the moves because tai chi is a very slow moving martial art, and you know, on the surface it looks pretty lame, you know, just people moving around slowly. But if you think of a karate move where you kicked somebody, that would happen in a fraction of a second. But if you do it in tai chi, you've got to focus all of your balance on one foot, you slowly lift up the other leg and you kick out. That's a lot of core stability to be able to get you to stand on one leg then extend the other leg, which is throwing your center of gravity out, and then letting it come back down again slowly. So there's a lot of strength in moving slowly. So answer your question. Yeah, it'd be great idea, Craigo, And you could come to and so could tip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could it. Hi, every one, welcome to tai Chi one oh one with Patrick. It's not a very good martial art, but fuck it's graceful. Other bloke's already kicked you in the face four times while you're moving your legs slowly in a horizontal position.
Speaker 2: I could release you to death. Craig, just watch yourself.
Speaker 1: Tell people how to find your son.
Speaker 2: How you go to websites now, dot com, dot au if you want to talk about websites and branding and logos and tai chi and anything, or just come up for the weekend, you know, just come up the weekend.
Speaker 1: Just come up. I'll tell you what. Someone is going to take you up on that. And you're going to get some fucking stalky stork stuff.
Speaker 3: What's that I'm going to take him up on it.
Speaker 2: There you go. Really we can do some puppy play dates because tips, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To rub my bike up on bringing the dog.
Speaker 1: Really okay, who's going to look after the dog? You had to look after it? Can just jomp over here. Yeah. When you get back, her and I might be gone. All right, we'll say goodbye affair, but thank you both of you. Have a good day.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.