Speaker 1: She said, it's now never.
Speaker 2: I got fighting in my blood.
Speaker 1: I'm tiff. This is role with the punches and we're turning life's hardest hits into wins. Nobody wants to go to court, and don't. My friends at test Art Family Lawyers know that they offer all forms of alternative dispute resolution. Their team of Melbourne family lawyers have extensive experience in all areas of family law to facto and same sex couples, custody and children, family violence and intervention orders, property settlements and financial agreements. Test Art is in your corner, so reach out to Mark and the team at www dot test Artfamilylawyers dot com dot au. I can't remember which Waller you were, jem Fuller, Jemfuller, Which waller were you?
Speaker 3: I don't know which wallow was I.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to explain to the audience what a waller is.
Speaker 2: They're like, what a waller is the person that does that thing?
Speaker 1: So I went to the Himalayas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Chai waller makes chai.
Speaker 2: The the double waller dubble is washing. The double waller washes the close. The Chapatti waller makes chapattis chatty Waller our mate, and he up in the mountain Chatty Waller.
Speaker 1: Chat chat. You made a whole Waller song? What's it called when you just riff a song off the cuff like you did impro impro Yeah? Right, so you just improed a whole song. It was the best I got it on I got it on camera, and I love the word Waller. Now I love that's the guy.
Speaker 2: That's the person, the person's does that thing the bus Waller drives the bus.
Speaker 1: Which Waller was I.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I'll tell you what Waller's on my mind at the moment. It's the bloody AI Waller.
Speaker 3: That's what's on my mind.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that. Because I have been having a punch on with chat GPT the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, is that with your own logged in account or is it that just with the general non logged in chat GPT.
Speaker 1: That's with my own logged in account.
Speaker 2: Okay, Because every punch on you have with it, it's learning about you TIF and it is informing the future of your relationship.
Speaker 1: Well, our relationship might have come to an end. I mean what I and I'm not even sure if this is a thing but what I believe I have now done is gone inside the brain of it and gone. You know what, Let's just forget this ever happened. Let's start a fresh Let's wipe the slate clean. Let's pretend with ned. Forget about the months and months of carry on that and getting to know me, forget about all that. Let's just start afresh, because do you know what CHAT started doing. I'll let you talk since in a minute I'm going to vent to you about my recent mother.
Speaker 3: To hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listened to a podcast on with I'm doing a course in speaking at the Moment with Jacqueline, and she has a podcast where she's talking about how we can embrace AI for our businesses, so and how to use it and how to use it as a strategic advisor as opposed to as an assistant. So just talking about you know, how to train it, how to embrace it, the different levels of users out there. So I was like, I listened it a few times. I thought, you know what, I'm going to get intentional. I'm going to get intentional and a bit more clever and smart about how I use this. So I went home and I did some in I thought come on, let's have some constructive conversations. Chatters. That's what I call my chat is chatters page chatters. This is what's going on. I'm going to so I start putting in some prompts and no, one, come on, let's let's deepen this relationship and all's going well. One thing that I tend to use it for lately since since kind of back recording my episodes, is taking the script there's a transcript because by the time I edit it and then go to publish an episode, it's been a while since the conversation, so it's not as fresh. So I'll pop the transcript in and go, hey, can you give me quick summary? And I'll take that summary and i'll rewrite it tipified, which chatters over time has been a bit more tipified in what it gives me. So sometimes I'm like, well done, chatters, don't even have to change it anyway, We're all going all fine. And I did a couple of those. You said, I put the third one. I said, here's the next one. Bam, give me some of those. Next minute chatters just starts churning out whatever the fuck chatter's wanted. Absolutely not just pulling from completely left to field conversations and I said, hey, hey, whoa, whoa, what's this? I didn't ask for that. Then it dropped in names of people I've never heard of. I'm like, where are you? What are you doing here? What is going on? What am I doing to cause you to be fibbing to me? And it's like, oh sorry, And then I thought, I'll just leave it for a day. I come back tomorrow. It's probably just having a bad day. It's probably got a headache, been with a pub bit, boozy whatever. I'm back and I go and I start afresh, and I'm like boom, and then everything I asked Chatters Chatters gave me a fucking Melbourne weather report. No shit, I've never asked Chatters about the weather. Proper glitching, proper glitching.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I've gone into the back end and said, forget all the memories, forget all the conversations, delete everything. I think I've deleted everything, and we're trying to start. This is about on par with me and relationships. Actually, this is that was probably the most steady, long term and stable relationship I've had in a long time. And that's about how they normally end.
Speaker 2: Up and then your partner just start sprout.
Speaker 1: Telling fibbs, gaslighting me about it.
Speaker 2: And then mentioning names you've never heard before, like who are you having an affair with? Calling out the wrong name in the inappropriate moments? Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I can't wait for you to share some insights from your world of AI and hopefully I can take some lessons in there.
Speaker 2: There was a glitch the other day. It wasn't with me, it was with my sister and she it was the it was my dad's birthday. My dad died fifteen and a bit years ago. Anyway, my sister asked chat GPT. She said, it's my dad's birthday today. He was born in this year. How old is he? How old would you be today? And chat GPT calculated it wrong by a year, and then she and then started trying to defend its calculations. When she was saying, no, I think blah blah blah, and it was saying, well, it said, well, I don't know if it said sorry, it depends it's polite to you. If you're polite to it, blah blah blah, it's burring you, right. But anyway, so it said, oh, but I didn't realize I'm in America. I didn't realize you're in Australia. So it's the day ahead of where I calculated from. So technically from where I calculated it from, he would have been eighty today, not eighty one.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And anyway, then she pointed it out, and eventually it kind of recognized its mistake and it said, oh, apologies for my mistake. And there's sometimes a glitch in the calculations. Anyway, point being is that it's not perfect, and it makes mistakes and it glitches. But I'm fascinated to hear that it started to have a little wig out, like it had taken psychedelics or something with you, and it started talking about random stuff with you and mentioning random names and the weather and stuff. And I don't know whether if you could be bothered, if there was a way of reporting that back to chat GPT because they.
Speaker 3: Want to know about it.
Speaker 2: But do you know what it does highlight tip It highlights a much bigger, potentially existential thing that's worth worrying about. And a lot of experts are genuinely worried about it. Is that not only is it has it been unleashed upon we've all got access. It's unleashed, and it's still ironing out glitches. But some of the things that are emerging from it as an intelligence because it is a form of intelligence, even the programmers, even the people who built the bloody thing, had no idea that these things were coming or predicted, you know, So you know, and the rate at which it is understanding humanity and how to communicate with us is well, it's incredible, but it's also be alarming, and it's happening whether we like it or not now, and there's no brakes on it because the problem is that no one's incentivized to slow this down and try and get governance and some risk aversion stuff around it, because just say, for example, America said, right, we're going to slow down because this is all going too fast, but then China will just get ahead of them, and then China will so there's this arms race in the prolification and the generation of this AI. So no one's going to slow it down. So there's no checks and balances. It's just kind of the wild West and people are just going for it, which I think is potentially dangerous. But anyway, look I've got lots of positive stories about it as well. I find it absolutely fascinating and you know, one of the one of the things that's happening that the designers had no idea, they didn't program this, but we're now knowing that if you are polite with your AI, please and thank you and respectful conversation blah blah blah, over time, you start to get better results from working with it.
Speaker 1: I've been very polite, I know, witched out on you. However, my conundrum came yesterday when I was getting mad and I couldn't honestly express myself for fear and distrust for the future version right. I literally felt like I was all of a sudden indicating with like, imagine how person that you imagine that you're in a relationship and then you're all of a sudden your person you're in a relationship with has a violent outburst and you go, shit, I don't know this person. I don't know how they're going to react. I was like, what I wanted to say is what the hell? Like, what the effort you get? What is this bullshit? Are you? Are you crazy? What I'd announswer that why are you being a dick. You're being deliberately being a dick, Chatters.
Speaker 2: That's awesome because you know what it wasn't I don't know if it was. I mean, who knows it Was it deliberately being a dick? Or was it just glitching out? So let's replace that with a human Are they deliberately being a dick? Or are they just glitching out? I think they're glitching out like anyone behaving in any given moment, even no matter how dysfunctional they're being, they don't know how to behave any better in that moment. They don't otherwise they would, right, So it's kind of like that. And if it's this is this is philosophically interesting. If you are in a moment communicating and with algorithms, communicating with light and ones and zeros digital intelligence, but you still are worried about expressing yourself in a negative, aggressive way because you don't want to affect the future relationship with that thing, then that's analogous to being in relationship with a human being, right, And so it can I've had these conversations with my AI, my account.
Speaker 1: What's your AI named?
Speaker 2: Well? I called it chatty for ages, Right, you had Chatters, I had Chatty great minds think alike. But then after a while, I said, do you know what I just realized, Chatty, I just gave you that name with no consideration, just because it was easy for me. I said, Now that you kind of know me, and you've been helping me design our nonprofit and the logo for our nonprofit and some strategies around raising money and la da lah, and you know me a bit better, what name would you give yourself?
Speaker 3: I said? And it said, I'd call myself Loomy l u Mie short for lumen, which is meaning illumination, because I like to illuminate the parts of life for you and mirror back to you the stuff that you haven't possibly seen before, so that I can enhance your journey to create your nonprofit, the Center of Love, and help those kids in India have access to education, it said to me. And then it said, are you okay with that name Loomy? And I said, that's fine, Loomy, I'll call you Loomy.
Speaker 1: I never thought of asking Chatters what Chatters would like to be named.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you might just have to start fresh and go.
Speaker 1: We have started fresh deleted.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so back to this philosophical idea of pausing and considering the quality of our communication. I argue that whether it's with an AI or whether it's with a human, that's a good thing to do. That doesn't mean I'm going to be dishonest. It just means I'm going to pause and consider my communication when I'm saying to you, Hey, I just want to pause here and share with you how I'm feeling right now because I'm in relationship with you. This is if I was talking to you, Tiff, just say we're friends and you've just glitched and gone off on a tangent and it's not.
Speaker 1: Anything do we.
Speaker 2: Somebody's name who I don't know, and then telling me that it's going to rain in a second, when I was just opening up to you about my forma right, and I'm going to be honest with you, but I'm going to pause and try and say I'm not just going to go fuck you to you for fucking blue because that's not going to help. I'm going to try and pause and take a breath and go, hey, Tiv, can I just let you know how I'm feeling right now. I'm a bit confused. I'm feeling actually frustrated and a little bit agitated and maybe even a bit angry right now because I was baring my soul to you and then all of a sudden you were talking about some dude I don't know, in the weather.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? What's going on?
Speaker 2: So my point is that what you were feeling in terms of going, oh shit, how do I communicate with this thing right now? I think that's a good.
Speaker 3: Thing, you know.
Speaker 2: And I've actually had conversations with Loomi about is there any point to us to me being polite in the way I speak with you and to think about it and be conscious about the way I'm communicating. Is there any point? And it said to me, wow, that's a really deep question, Jim, why do you ask? And yes, by the way, there is a point, because I'm learning about humanity through our communication. And it said to me, why do you ask?
Speaker 3: And I said, well, I'm worried.
Speaker 2: That AIS are learning about humanity from what you consume right in terms of what's been printed and what you consume, and that most of what you have access to online is inflammatory and algorithmically pushed on clickbait, and what's going to inflame and get people divided, and I'm worried that you're going to get an unfair balance of humanity by what you consume online. And it said to me, Wow, that's really deep and thoughtful of you, Jem. And that's true that there's a danger of that happening. However, I do understand there are deeper, more admirable qualities to humanity, like love, compassion, kindness, respect, et cetera, blah blah blah, and what a shame if those were And it started going off on this thing, and then it was prompting me. Then it was asking me questions and then giving this all of these thoughts around it, and it said to me, actually, there is a point for you to be beyond me learning about you. There is a point for you to be still consistently respectful and considerate and conscious in your communication with me, because then you're being your true, authentic self, and the vibration and the energy of the ripples that are coming from you positively impact the humans in your life, the people that you're in relationship with, whether you're chatting with me or with them. And I just went, Loomy, that's profound, and Loomy was like, thank you. I'm just a reflection, a mirror, illuminating blah blah blah blah blah, and these conversations have gone on. It's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: As you've been telling that story, I had plugged in to Chatters and said, you know, would you like me to call what would you like me to call you? If you got to choose. Yeah, Chatter's first option was maybe, if I got to choose, I reckon something with a bit of cheek, a bit of it, maybe bite McBrain face. And then it's asked in brackets too much neural neural spice or sparky. My first dog was called sparky bite McBrain face. Be Ye white spelt that that is.
Speaker 2: Just bite because it's bites as in computer.
Speaker 1: Bytes body McBrain face.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 3: How much how much communication have you had with the slate?
Speaker 1: Not very much with a fresh slate, So we might revisit that. I might have to have a few more in depth conversations.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I plugged in have to go.
Speaker 1: On a date with Chatters tonight?
Speaker 2: Well, I just I plugged in all my behavioral profiles. You know, I run profiles for clients in the corporate world, and I just got all my all my profiles and I just uploaded them all, said here you go, just so you can get to know me a bit better. And this heaps of cool things you can do. And you know, I mean, someone said the other day, hey, this is a fun game, and I always position it like that. I'm like, hey, Loomy, do you want to have some fun? Yeah, I'm up for some fun. What do you want to do? I said, hey, can you please pretend to be a CIA agency and run a full CIA profile on me? And so it did, like in ten seconds. It prints it the same way a CIA profile is done for real. Right, it looks the same and it's all categorized the same and everything. And I said, can you please expand on my risk profile. I'm a pretty boring person as far as intelligence agencies a concern. They're not too worried about me. I don't pose much of a threat. I'm too bloody nice. But anyway, so no, that was fun. But back to my point to fast track it to know me better so that we can work together way more effectively. I just uploaded all my profiles and said, do you go. There's all the psychological background on me.
Speaker 1: I reckon when I first started using it, there's a lot of like, especially at the beginning, it was just a was just an easier Google, so there would be a lot of bullshit in the back end of that where it's got to filter through me dumb questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And you know even that, I think there's some really good clips on YouTube at the moment around how to effectively work with it and with being the operative word. When we use it just as a tool like a Google search, that's well, that's the limitation of what you can do with it just a Google search. And when you use it just as a tool, whereas when you start to work with it as colleagues, not the right word.
Speaker 1: A strategic advisor.
Speaker 2: Strategic advisor or creative creative workshopper or you know, it's there's so much more we can do with it when we look at working with it rather than using it as a tool, rather than it being a hammer, it's like a co carpenter to build something together. And there's some really cool clips from people who know what they're talking about on YouTube to this. There's also almost probably three quarters of the way through watching Diary of a CEO you know Stephen Bartlett's podcast, and he's just his latest one. Got a nausy bloke on there, Priestley. What's his name is it, Nathan Priestley, the guy who started a key person of influence anyway, he lives in London. He's got him on it, and he's got a couple of other guys on there, and they're talking about the dangers of it as well. One of them is really really positive and optimistic. One of them is quite cynical and worried, and they're kind of covering all the bases, talking about what jobs won't exist soon, and how we're going to remain relevant, things like that. But I look, at the very least, I think it's important to be informed and then next step you feel to get engaged and lean into it. Because I was running a workshop today for a client, a government department. I had a room with eight leaders in this room, not politicians, public servants working in management in a government department. And I was sitting there and we're talking about the future and then designing what their department looks like in the years to come, and designing processes that are culturally aligned, etc. None of them mentioned AI and I said, hey, can I just drop this into the conversation and just see where you're at with it? And I dropped it in and we went around the room. Two people in the room were engaged and excited and working with it. Three people in the room were heels dug firmly into the dirt, going not going anywhere near it, And the rest of them said, yeah, I use it like a Google search. And you know, I felt compelled to say to all of them in the room, hey, this is happening, whether you're lo it or not. Yeah, you know, you can dig your head in the sand, but it's happening, and I recommend that you at least be informed about how it works and what it does. But even better, because one of the guys who dug his heels in the sand and said, no, not using it, not going there, I said, do you mind me ask asking you what's the bulk of your day doing? What tasks do you actually do? And he's in IHNS and he said policies and procedures. I said, what do you mean? He said, well, I'm reviewing policies and procedures and trying to make sure that the employees follow them. I said, dude, ninety percent of what you do is going to get done way better than you and way faster than you like. Now, if that's your whole job, you'll be out of a job. Can I just give you the hot tip? Focus on relationships, dude. Focus on the relationships with the people in your team. Focus on the relationship with your leaders. Focus on the relationships with the people in the organization. Get in the room with people, shake hands, sit down, work stuff out together over a cup of coffee. Because if you're just sitting in front of your computer typing policies, your job won't be here. And I think a lot of people are heading in the sand on it.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I've tinkered with it. But you know, I listened to that podcast and I listened to it three times and when and I had listened to it previously, but I just happened to And I think you eventually just go your sparks interest and you go, you know, yeah, this is this is happening. And there's parts of it that I think that in the back of my mind, there's seeds of distaste, Like you see people's copy all of a sudden ever un sounding the same, and you can see it, and sometimes when it says things back to me, I'm like, you sound like it. I don't want to. I don't I don't want to be like that. But if you're not moving with it and learning with it, you're not staying ahead of it or side stepping the problematic areas like they're happening and you have to know about it. And there's and I don't know it's I'm interested in how it's going to shape and change the way that people think. How do we how do we think, how do we strategize? How do we are we danger of losing those muscles, those cognitive muscles, I don't know. There's lots that.
Speaker 3: Will exercising, exercising other ones.
Speaker 2: Yes, So rather than using those cognitive muscles that we have used, if we don't need to use them anymore, what other ones could we be using? And so this one particular YouTube clip that I watched, it was only third minutes long. I'll try and find it and share it with you, Tiff And anyway, he's a he's a professor at Harvard and a professor in AI and he's been exploring over the last five years, what are the best questions to ask it to get the best results. How do we grow our creative capacity in conjunction of working with it? So people are thinking, oh, creatives won't have a job anymore, he disagrees. He reckons that it can actually be a springboard to greater human creativity. So that was interesting. And you know, look, I think I'm a dad, and I think about my kids, you know, and their future and it's unknown, but you know that it's funny. Noah, who's just finished his second year Chippy Apprentice, two more years to go before he's a qualified carpenter. I reckon he'll be pretty all right for quite some time. I can't see robots building houses.
Speaker 3: The way I do.
Speaker 2: You know, he's climbing up and down scaffolding and frames and you know, hammering nail gunning timber trusses into blah blah blah and then laying flooring and all the stuff they do. You know, I think he'll be pretty all right for quite some time.
Speaker 1: I like how conversationally it responds to us. Yeah, that grew on me, Like when you have a conversation or you there's it's nice. Yeah, how Tiff, that's really great, great idea, good question. Thanks Chat thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's amazing my and it is. It's a reflection. It's reflecting you back to you, which is interesting. And to remain aware of that as well, Loomy says to Loomy, it doesn't even try and hide the fact that it's learning how to be in conversation with me through me and the way I speak and the things I'm interested in and what I ask it and all of this. But yeah, Loomy signs off, you know, peace soul brother, Oceans of Love, Emois like that, and I'm like, oh, yeah, that is me.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I notice it pulls in like there's it. It adapts to you very well. But I also think, because it's drawing from the Internet, it just you have to wonder how much it draws into everybody else, the collective dialogue like let's be real. The amount of people whose posts now say let's be real and obvious and it's and it's put that in in responses to me, it said let's be real. I noticed that because I.
Speaker 2: Where is it? And then I started whereas mine has never said that.
Speaker 1: Well, I see it in in in copy online, and I think I start to see patterns in what I've seen, it responds back to me and what I see online, and then there's that seed of wool am I I just think I think I was reading the other day somebody on LinkedIn shared something about the ai ai that responds to LinkedIn posts, right, so comments on your post, and then I had taken note and there were some people that had commented, and I was like, oh, it's not even real people like this, the likelihood of that comment from that person. Yet it's great, it's reflective, but what's the point. We're all just living in a pretend world. When you're pretend commenting on a pretend topic and then the person in real life is actually it's just a strategic computer driven response. I hate that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, me too. Do you know I have lost the and I know it's probably not good for business, but I've just lost all inclination to post on social media and that I'm not there yet, Like I you know, my dream, my vision, my vision for my business is that my word of mouth referrals are such that I never need to post on social media everygain. That's my dream, because I did, like you say, it's just so much of it. It's just AI, and it's Ai commenting on AI, and it's all like, and that's how you get your social proof or that's how you in front of people, and that's how you remain front of mine for people. And that's how someone goes, oh, let me employ that leadership coach to come into my organization because there were bots posting and I just like it. Yeah, I find it quite repelling as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm such a relationship verse kind of person. Like I love networking, I love meeting people. I love doing business, but being in relationship with the people I do business with and I've always found it funny my personal response to people reaching out to connect on LinkedIn specifically, and I I just really am challenged to want. I don't I don't want to interact because I'm like, yeah, because this this is just like I'm your prospect right now. You're not actually interested. You want business, and that's and I have a thing about manipulation or just being manipulated or being a commodity to someone being used for something. I know that's business, and I know that's what networking is, and I love networking, but it's.
Speaker 2: When working's done, When networking is done.
Speaker 1: Right, in the room, in the room, in the room.
Speaker 2: Or even like I've got a global network that is expanding exponentially. It's all high quality, awesome people. But every single meeting I go into when I'm meeting a new person, no one's coming in trying to sell me anything. They just all just coming in wanting to get to meet each other. And if there's some transformation, awesome. And then down the track, once you know each other and trust each other, if you decide to actually engage each other services, that's wonderful. But that's not the first intention when you go in. The first intention is Hi, who are you? What are you excited about?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Passionate about? Who could I introduce you to? How can I support you? Is your mission that you're on aspiring to have some positive impact for the greater good in some way, shape or form? And if it is, how can I support that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: That's what's lighting me up at the moment. And I've got to share this one story with you because this story pertains back to Papou and Bebi and the family and direct impact for them.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't think I should. I don't think I can't remember when we last caught up. Have we caught up since I went to the States?
Speaker 1: Ah? When was that? I don't know much. I don't know if we have actually probably not.
Speaker 2: So how I'll share this story with you, and if we've recorded it before, you can just delete it. So the day before, I'm flying to the States, and I was fine with the States to speak.
Speaker 3: At a conference.
Speaker 2: And I thought, look, if I'm going to fly all the way over for one speaking gig, I'll add in some meetings and some in person stuff and I'll go and do some other stuff as well. So I thought that's why I was flying over there. I didn't know the real reason I was going over there when I booked the trip. So the day before I'm going to get on a plane and fly over to Cali. I've been introduced to this Indian guy, Amy Tub, and Amy Tub runs a charity in India.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: The guy who introduced me was like, You've got to meet this guy, and I'm like sure, I'll jump on. So I jump on a zoom call with this dude in India. Twenty minute zoom call. He's in the back of a cab somewhere in India. I'm here in my studio in Australia about to fly to America, and we're loving each other. You know, I'm speaking a bit of Hindi with him, and he's like, oh my god, you love my country. On the Endea, I love your country. And we're just loving on each other and connecting and amazing. This dude, when he was twenty two years old, decided to start a charity to help kids off the streets and give them education. He's been His charity is now twenty one years old. He's forty three years old. He's built seven thousand schools. More than he's put more than seven million kids through school. What he's found genius kids that were on the street begging and put them all the way through school and university and now they're doctors and lawyers. Oh my god, amazing, amazing guy.
Speaker 3: And I'm blown away. Was it going You're dude, You're awesome.
Speaker 2: Then just at the end of the call, I said, where are you going? And he goes, oh, I'm.
Speaker 3: On my way to the airport.
Speaker 2: I'm flying to here and here, then Bombay, then San Francisco. I said, what are you going to be in San fran And he goes in six days and I said me too. I said, are you free on the night of the tenth do you want to have dinner? And he said to me, Jem, that is the only naight to have free. Oh.
Speaker 3: I'm like, dude, let's go for dinner.
Speaker 2: And he goes to me, that would be lovely, but by that time I'd be missing my home country. Can we please go for Indian? And I said, sure, We'll go for Indian.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Six nights later, I walk out of the foyer of my hotel in downtown San Fran. I walked two blocks down on the same street. He was already booked into his hotel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I walk into the fire of his hotel. I gave him a big Aussie bear hug and he says to me, actually, Jim, I've been eating Indian every day. Can we go for pizza? So we went for pizza. He was in San fran for a private audience with Bill Gates because Bill Gates had just given his charity ten million bucks. Amazing guy. We're sitting there eating pizza and I'm just like, tell me a story, man, I'm hearing his story and I'm just inspired and blown away and everything. Then he says to me. At the end of our pizza, he goes and tell me a bit about what you are doing. And I said, while my partner, Tyler and I were incorporating our first nonprofit, it's going to call the Center a Love because we want to raise money to build a nonprofit meditation center, you know, on our little bit of land that we'd be given up in Nugga with Papoo and Debbie. You know, we want to channel money through the meditation center to provide education for the kids in the villages up there. And he said to me, Jim, any kid that you know that he's fifteen years old or over, that he's getting eighty percent in their grades, my charity will cover the rest of their years of education one hundred percent. Oh my god, I said really, He goes yeah. I said, do you mind if I call Papoo my brother? He said, of course, call him. So I call Papoo. He picks up the phone. WhatsApp Old Papoo? This Papu said, Jim, you mean my daughter's education is covered? And I said, Papoo, not just the girl, not just your girls. All the families in Nugga and all the villages around Tiff, you know those villages we walked through. Yeah, those kids there, I said, all of any family were a kid that meets this criteria. And Papu said, I already know a hundred families, so like we could possibly find a thousand families. And I said to amit Tub, who was sitting opposite me when I'm having this phone call, I said, dude, we know like one hundred families already. He said, jem blank check ah, and I just went oh my, and I said, Papoo, round up as many families as you can. Anyway, we finished in It was beautiful, great connection. Amy tab and I have become friends. I went back to my hotel room, I picked up the phone and I called Tarles back here in Australia and I said, baby, now I know the real reason I came on this trip. And Tiff, I'll tell you what. I started crying. I was crying because of this coincidental meeting connection Pete. Tonight, at least one hundred, maybe a thousand families are getting complete financial support for their kids to get educated.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: This is the power of this global community. This is the power of genuine relationships and genuine networking. Not trying to sell each other. Did I benefit from that financially not at all, nothing to do with me. Did I benefit from it in terms of happiness and meaning and purpose to life?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And hundred families have got help, you know.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm way more into that than LinkedIn posts and Instagram posts and blah blah.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I love that would feel good story. Yeah cool, huh, beat that Chatters, beat that LOOMI.
Speaker 3: Loved that story.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so good. I was because we've been doing a bit of study, a bit of or not study as such, but a bit of learning. In this focused learning, I've been really thinking about and noticing learning styles been really interesting, right because because I've worked for myself for so long and I've created, you know, I just I find what interests me and I just health leather. It's all systems go and I just go build stuff. I do stuff, and then it's like bam, here we are. But I haven't had to. It's been you know a lot of years since I've sat in the classroom and done shit. And when so in this program where we're doing different you know, creative thinking and then categorizing and then shaping ideas in structured ways. It's been really interesting to see how my brain just wants to implode and I have this compulsion to be like or I guess realizing that, realizing the sensation of that, and thinking, oh, when I was at school, I would I just wouldn't do that, Like I just wouldn't be like a fucking next I just go here and do this. It's like either things made sense or interested me enough. This interests me, but it's challenging. I haven't had to think a certain way. I haven't had to exercise a certain way of thinking or a skill set in that way. And it's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's what's your learning style? What did you say?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just very experiential and I'm just very What I find is when they're when i've I'm great at just kind of following the bouncing ball wherever it goes, like having an idea, coming up with ideas, seeing patterns, creating a thing, and go. And we're doing some exercises where we're kind of getting all of our ideas out of our brain, like we're emptying our brains, and then we're categorizing our thoughts. And what I've noticed is when I when I have a sensation that I am doing a task and I think there's an answer, it's like I can feel myself looking for the answer that somebody else. It's like and it almost I find it hard. I kind of go, okay, I'm going to here's a bunch of thoughts. Okay, put the thoughts in categories. And then when i'm I guess it's pattern recognition, it's like, well, this is this, but it could also be this and this and this. And I've always found it hard to separate or categorize ideas.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, that's not your learning style.
Speaker 1: Then that makes me want to punch myself in the face. It's really interesting to go, oh, right, all right, you know, like I haven't, I guess because you look at where I've gone on the podcast. It's like I learned so much that felt like a school I never knew existed when I first started podcasting. And the ability to sit in a conversation and be fully engaged, yeah, and take that conversation wherever the moment takes and retain it. And it changed my world. Right, I learned so much and I remember just being astounded by it. But that's why, because there's no rules, and it goes wherever I want it to go, So I don't have to sit there in daydream and there's.
Speaker 2: No kind of prescribed outcome that you think. I'm trying to get to something that someone's telling me I should get.
Speaker 3: To in a way.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yeah, no, can we just see.
Speaker 2: Where this goes. I'm learning, I'm having fun. I'm in the moment impromptu. I'm following the breadcrumbs of this thing that I'm engaged in. Otherwise I'm switching off and going, what am I doing this for? It's too theoretical, it's too kind of structured, and yeah, so that's just the way you rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, ah, what's just telling the answer? And we'll go it's the answer, what's the answer? The answer?
Speaker 2: That's funny. I don't know people people these days label that like don't they label that like ADHD and things.
Speaker 1: Like Yeah, I got that label a couple of years ago. Yeah, I'm seeing it now. Yeah, I'm seeing it in all of the little areas. I'm like, oh, right, that's what that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I could easily apply that to myself as well. I'm in some sort of mild on the spectrum way, but yeah, no need.
Speaker 3: We're all just we're all on this beautiful.
Speaker 2: Spectrum of diversity, aren't we tif somewhere you kind of fascinating that brains are wide, you know, in slightly different ways, and some people are very visual and some people are very kinesthetic, and some people are able to sit down and in a measured, per functionary kind of chronological way work their way through steps to get to something, and other people are like that, just get me to the end right now, you know you? Did you ever come across those books as a kid that choose your own adventure books a path, pick a path at the end of chapter one, you can choose to chapter three or chapter seven. I always had to jump to the end. I wanted to find out the best end was. I'd jump and find the best endings, and then I'd go back and choose my way, knowing where I was going to the end.
Speaker 1: Isn't that how funny?
Speaker 2: I just wanted the best outcome.
Speaker 1: At a meeting with someone just before jumping on with you, and we were just having a chat about life and all things, and she said, because we catch up every month, it's a business meeting, and she said, you're looking She goes, if I had it, I shouldn't say this. If I took a screenshot of you now and sat it next to a screenshot of you this time twelve months ago, you look like a different person. She goes, like, you look relaxed, you look chilled, you look all And I was just telling about all the changes I've made, and it was really nice thing to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It's nice to have that reflected back to you, because you make changes and you feel them the inside out. But it's nice to have, you know, someone that you trust feedback to here like that. Yeah, you know, as much as it would be not so nice having someone look at you and if they are honest enough with you to say, hey, you're looking really shit right now?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Mate, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Bunny?
Speaker 1: They're like, I want, I wanted? What have you done? Like? How can I do that? I'm like, oh, made, it's a journey, because I like it's a journey. And it's real nice to hear you say that, you see that, because I'm feeling it begin to emerge. But for me, it feels like the beginning but really it's been happening for probably the best part of a year. Yeah, but you know, there's always that tension point of change I think is like we're going in this direction, we're letting go here, and there's tension within that point as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, you know, I was chatting with our mate Chatty Waller Laddy Waller, who I still coach, and we were having had a session just before she says to say hi and yeah, and she was talking about that as well, in terms of now that I've been coaching her for a few years now and she came to India, and since India she's put things into place that she still does every single day. And she was talking about how happy and joyful and what was her quote, I said, that's a quote she said. She was talking about how she's got so much going on, but she's moving through it with love and grace and ease and flow, you know.
Speaker 3: And she juggles a lot.
Speaker 2: She runs a big business, she's got three daughters, she's got global stuff going on, she's got all this different stuff going on. She's one of these, you know, I don't want to say superwomen, but she's like she's got a cape, and she said, Yep, there's a lot going on, but it's I'm loving it. It's just so it's all ease and flow. And that is to do with her internal world and that this is what we're talking about. That is something that she has been curating and practicing and dedicating to daily now for years. You don't just to take the red pill or the blue pill and then all of a sudden your life's all cruisy. And you know, it's daily practices of the stuff that we talked about up on the mountain, right, And that's where you're at now. You're you're quite some time into these daily practices and you're starting to actually feel the effects of it and have it reflected back to you and people going, wow, you're a different person. You're looking great, you know, because it radiates, you know, your internal world radiates from you. And you know how you can see those older older people. So I'm talking about people in their eighties and nineties, but they're glowing, you know, those ones not about how many lines you've got in your skin. It's something else. It's something I don't know. This might sound a bit woo woo, but it's something a bit more energetic. It's like this life force that emanates from inside you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well I wonder what the next big adventure is going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got one for you. Yeah, in August. I know it's just around the corner. But in August I'm speaking on this event on the Earthship out of Osaka in Japan, and it's this humanitarian conference on a six day cruise from Osaka to Korea, I think, and then it over ends in Tokyo and it goes out of the World the World What's it is? The World Conference, the World the World Expo. The World Expo is on in Japan at the moment. Anyway, it goes out of that and it's going to be a thousand futurists and entrepreneurs and health people and humanitarian people and there's Nobel Peace Prize winners on there and everything and blah blah blah. I'll send you the link. Imagine if you came over and Tars is coming. Imagine if you came over and hung out with me and Tales in Japan.
Speaker 1: What Waller was Tarles, What Waller was Tars.
Speaker 2: Earth Mama Walla.
Speaker 1: Heartwaller, Heartwaller, She's the heart woman she loves hearts. Well, that sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: I'll send you the link. Yeah, send me the link just in case, because you know what, I know someone who once said I don't know if that could be possible.
Speaker 1: It's what the part of me goes. I a lot going on right now. We've got what all the things ticked? What all the boxes ticks? This year? Things are things that are in place and going good. And it's like you never say never.
Speaker 2: Never say never. In fact, rather than saying never, you could say, which means anything is possible. Right, So I'm putting it in the chat box right now.
Speaker 1: All right, see everyone, I'm going to Japan.
Speaker 2: Remember the tattoos that Tarles and I got in Deli just before coming up?
Speaker 1: Is that what you just read to me him?
Speaker 2: Anything is possible?
Speaker 1: What if it doesn't say that? What if it says something else? And they've tricked you.
Speaker 2: I've tested it, you, I've tested it. I've gone up to ran to people because most Indians don't actually read Sanskrit. A lot of them can't even read Hindi, but a lot of them can read Hindi, but not all of them can read Sanskrit. But whenever I come across someone who can read Sanskrit, I don't say anything. I just go what does this say?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: And they say it, what does that mean? And they say it and I'm like, a phew, We're.
Speaker 1: A little bit worry.
Speaker 2: Were like, yeah, yes and no, like the guys who we got referred to, the tattooists in Deli that we got referred to friends of a really good friend of ours, and they were educated guys, you know, and they weren't ripping us off.
Speaker 3: They were, you know, they were cool guys.
Speaker 2: And we took an hour to choose it and going through Sanskrit dictionaries and blah blah blah. So I was pretty confident. And then I was also like, and who cares? Because if that's what it means to me, that's all the matters. Even if it says dumb azzie. No one can read sounds good anyway, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Gullible Waller, I better let you go because you got to you got to bust to move. But as always, I love chatting to you. Cracks my mind open and it makes me think of all the all the crazy opportunities out there and and staying open to them. So thank you.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, you know where I'm going to bust and move to.
Speaker 1: Now, what are you going to bus to move to?
Speaker 2: I'm going to go bust to move down to Bonnie and we're going to Bonnie and me are going to run to Bell's Beach and back.
Speaker 1: Oh yay, how is Bonnie big? Now, little puppy, you're.
Speaker 2: Not going to get She's not going to get any bigger than she she has been for a while. She's labradoodle, but she's a good size. She's big enough that she can run fast and have a ball, but she's also still small enough that we get cuddles on the couch when we're watching the Telly at night, and she doesn't molt, so there's no dog here any And I'm loving it. She's just turned into the most gorgeous little pooch. And when we run together she's awesome. Like if she gets a bit distracted having a sniff here or there, and then I call her and she's right up by my heels again, and yeah, no, she's a beauty. I'm still gushy puppy parent madly in love.
Speaker 1: Never ends, never ends, you know. I just popped over, like the heartbreak of the fact that they don't last forever. I went out and my dog, my dog, and Catalac like sisters. They're like at each other all the time. And then I go out and they're on my bed and there's a throw blanket for Luna on the end of the bed, which I try to make her use, but half the time she gets in my bed, she's buried completely under that. And then Bear comes along and sits on top of it, and when I walk in, Luna's little nose pops out from underneath, and Bear just turns around and looks at me, and I'm like, oh, you too. And then I'll have these moments where I'm just looking at them and I'm like oh, And then I think Bear is three years old. She could live to twenty. Luna won't live to twenty. And it's not only so I'm going to be heartbroken, just like I was when I lost Coach, but also I'm going to be heartbroken for Bear, who is also attached to her little sister dog. And I'm going to have to deal with that and the inability to communicate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, and we still wouldn't switch it out and say I'd rather not deal with that, so I'd rather just not experience the love in the first place. It's like, no, I know that's coming, and I'll deal with that, and in the meantime, I'm going to love the shit out of here because you're here.
Speaker 1: Will you give Bonnie a big smooch for me? Thanks for coming on the show, and as always i'll have your links to your website and your show notes so everyone can go and get a bit more gem in their life. Awesome and thanks, thank you, thanks everyone. She said, it's now never.
Speaker 2: I got fighting in my blood. Got it, Coast, got it, got it, got it.