Speaker 1: Welcome, Lait b.
Speaker 2: It's great to have your company.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Stauer and Caleb Bond coming up. Labor MPs call for Australians to swap eating red meat for eating insects. So I thought that was just the World Economic Forum, but it's the Labor Party as well.
Speaker 1: You thought they were two different.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Stora would bite on that the accident.
Speaker 3: Plus, when we look at the papers, a great story on the front page of Tomorrow's Daily Telegraph detailing just how many failed asylum seekers are still in the country, and the Adelaide Advertiser talking about how the South Australian energy policy threatens to cause blackouts in Victoria and in New South Wales. We'll get to all of that when we look at the papers, but first, the Victoria Labor government is closing the state's parliamentary public gallery after interruptions from pro Palestinian protesters. Now, the hypocrisy on this is pretty big. If you're a fee paying university student in Victoria, don't expect the government to do anything to help you get to class without being harassed by pro Palestinian protesters. Or if you're a rent paying shopkeeper in Melbourne, CBD. Don't expect the Victorian government to spare you being harassed and impeded by the weekly hate marchers from anti Israel protesters. But the moment the Victorian State Government gets any opposition or is inconvenienced by pro Palaestindian protesters, well they can't change laws fast enough and suspend democratic norms.
Speaker 2: This all happened the decision.
Speaker 3: To close the public gallery after the Treasurer's budget speech was interrupted by protesters in the gallery.
Speaker 2: Have a look at what happened on May seven. Responsibilities at two thousand and six.
Speaker 4: We need.
Speaker 1: Where the upper gallery.
Speaker 3: The House will pause while the upper gallery is cleared.
Speaker 1: The upper gallery will be cleared.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what parliamentarians were expecting. After all, while that budget speech was being given, a Greens MP was on the chamber floor wearing a kefia, a clear active protest. So if elected representatives are going to protest on the chamber floor, why would they expect anything different in the Peanut Gallery. As for the Victorian State government, we they've spent seven months doing nothing about anti Semitism, but suddenly when it affects them, it impeded their State conference at the weekend, and of course disrupted the Treasurer's speech. Well, suddenly they need to act not to protect Jewish citizens, just to protect themselves, and of course in doing so, closing the gallery, they impeded the rights of Laura abiding citizens to observe parliament for themselves. Other states don't seem to see anywhere near as much disruption as we see in Victoria calib where I know spent quite a bit of time. It seems like Victoria is a state run by pro Palestinian protesters, unionists and criminals. But I would be repeating myself, all of whom are appeased by the Victorian government, if not encouraged.
Speaker 2: So now you've got.
Speaker 3: Left wing politicians running scared of their left wing followers.
Speaker 2: It's a little hard to feel sorry for them, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Well, as Sam Crosby said on the Sunday Showdown last night, let's be real, Victoria is a state full of crazy trots, and that it is but the idea that the Parliament would decide that you, as a citizen or even a non citizen, I mean, you know, you can be a resident or even a tourist, that you would not have the ability to go along and freely view the process of democracy playing out is an absolute outrage.
Speaker 6: It is such a basic right to be able to.
Speaker 5: Go along and watch the people who you pay compulsorily through your taxes to look after you, to watch how they do their job, because they are.
Speaker 6: Doing it for you.
Speaker 5: These people, let's not forget, are employed by us. We elect them, and they are ultimately accountable to us. And then when they're faced with some protests and yes, these idiots who have been going into the public gallery and carrying on ought to be carted away, But in the face of protest, which is part of the democratic process, they then decide, well, no, no one is allowed to come into Parliament and watch how we do things anymore. And they will say, oh, well, you can watch it on the live stream online. But the live stream can go down, they can cut the feed if they really wanted to, they could stop you from watching that online. So they've taken away your ability to participate in the democratic process by seeing how it's done. And however, you know, well meaning this might be oh, you know, looking after the safety of parliamentarians. It starts with we're looking after the safety of parliamentarians. And then well, you know, it was actually quite good when we had the public gallery closed because it didn't create any nuisance and no.
Speaker 6: Noise, So why don't we leave it like that?
Speaker 5: And well, if you can't go along and watch parliament, then why should you have a right to participate and view any other form of democracy. Why should you be able to go to a council meeting, Why should you be able to go to federal parliament. Why should you be able to go and sit in a court room and watch court proceedings. Let's just do it all behind closed doors where you have no idea what's going on. I know it sounds extreme, but that is how important it is to resist this kind of thing, because it is the most basic democratic right.
Speaker 7: And also they've only suspended it till after the winter break.
Speaker 1: What do they think is going to be different, Well, to.
Speaker 7: The highest state of Victoria's supposed to have a come to Jesus moment. There's not going to be lefties that are absolute nutters charging into the chamber rather the gallery to disrupt the chamber, which is also arguably full of nos. But the reason that they give for this is highly questionable and not very transparent at all. So we're told that the President of the Upper House, Sean Lane, said that they reached this decision. Well, he told the hearing that the action to close the galleries had been taken after a security incident occurred while a person was being given access to Parliament on Budget Day, which is the day that we just watched some footage of. Now, word has it that this person was being signed in by an MP. No cigar for guessing what kind of MP in may have been signing this person in who had a history of protest action already, So obviously someone in.
Speaker 1: Parliament House please do your job.
Speaker 7: This is perhaps someone who ought not be admitted again. But we understand that there was some sort of incident around that, and now that has.
Speaker 1: Justified a call so drastic.
Speaker 7: I don't believe we've ever seen this take place in any parliament other than COVID.
Speaker 1: Obviously all the rules went out.
Speaker 6: The walls, the window, the window window.
Speaker 1: Hey, but this is our parliament. We paid for this place.
Speaker 7: We are effectively the employers who have been currently.
Speaker 1: Locked out of our own We own the.
Speaker 7: Place exactly by our little employees being like, well.
Speaker 1: We're concerned about our.
Speaker 7: Safety or whatever rubbish excuse they want to cook up.
Speaker 1: You didn't care when it was the public.
Speaker 7: No, No, but you care now, don't you, because now your feelings threatened by people to get this Victorian Parliament. Your plant potatoes, your harvest potatoes, okay, And that is what you guys do, your nutjobs. You make terrible policies. You never cracked down on the fruits of your labor, obviously, because you can't be this bad at your job unintentionally. So these are the kinds of people that you want harvest there in Victoria. And you don't have a problem with it, do you until they show up to your place of work, and then you take it really personally, just like the premiere recently came out because her office has been trashed for the third time by these pro Palestinian protesters who seem to think that she's got great sway in regarding what's happening in Gaza, and she's all angry about that. None of the rest, none of the fact that I don't know Melbourne University is currently under siege.
Speaker 1: No, none of that.
Speaker 7: She won't speak about any of that, but she's very angry that her own office has been trashed, and of course you get these agitators coming in if you're going to have.
Speaker 1: Open galleries, as you should. But that's what we pay security for.
Speaker 7: So we give you this awesome place called Parliament House.
Speaker 1: You get to come there and act all grand.
Speaker 7: If someone is an agitator, we're paying security to look after you guys, and they can just pull them out of the gallery. They have absolutely no excuse to close the gallery.
Speaker 1: What'sever.
Speaker 5: And supposedly one of the other excuses is that when you had that incident the woman who was screaming and shouting in the middle of the budget when she was being removed, a parliamentary attendant was injured or something. Right, But I mean, you know they don't go around shutting down pubs because a bouncer copped a bit of biffo from some drunk bloke on a Saturday night. Right, We just understand that sometimes these things happen. It's unfortunate. You get a bit of compo in a few days off and then you go back to work.
Speaker 1: But what that's the case? Just tell the public the details again and working.
Speaker 6: For us, and why can't you tell us that was the case.
Speaker 5: Why can't they just treat it, because they're saying, we need to have this this ban or stop or whatever you want to call it until after the winter break so we can figure out how to.
Speaker 2: Deal with it.
Speaker 5: Right I can tell you right now how to deal with it. If someone comes and sits in the public gallery and impedes the proceedings of Parliament, you ban them for two years.
Speaker 6: Just like if you go to the mcg or.
Speaker 5: Adelaide Oval or or the Gabber or anywhere and you disrupt the game, you carry on in an antisocial manner, the cops give you a move on order and they ban you from the ground for a couple of years. Just do it.
Speaker 6: I mean, how hard can it be to do that tomorrow?
Speaker 5: And you fix the issue without having to remove everyone from the.
Speaker 1: Gallery, run the prime minister. Problem solved. How easy was that, Victoria? How easy was that?
Speaker 7: You're not crushing anyone's democratic rights.
Speaker 1: But of course that's your specialty, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: Last week rumor turned to reality as President Biden suddenly did the wildest one eighty and decided, yes, I will debate Donald Trump for better off or worse twice before the election this year.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you people.
Speaker 7: I have bought my bodyweight in popcorn and I will be.
Speaker 1: Consuming it all. But Trump knows.
Speaker 7: Better than anybody else that what we are about to see with Biden agreeing.
Speaker 1: To such a feat.
Speaker 7: When this guy struggles to walk in a straight line, or should I say walk at all, much less read off a teleprompter, he knows that we are about to see the pharmaceutical stimulant of the century on display during this debate, the Manhattan Project.
Speaker 1: Of pharmacutical stimulants.
Speaker 7: And so he's told everyone just this last weekend gone, He's going to demand a drug test.
Speaker 6: Two points up to Biden.
Speaker 4: You can't can't talk, he can't walk, can't find his.
Speaker 6: Way off of stage, can't put two sentences together. Although he has agreed to debate, so.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe there knows something.
Speaker 6: He's going to be so jacked up for those debates.
Speaker 4: You are I just want to debate this game, but you know, and I'm going to demand a drug test too, By the way.
Speaker 6: I am, no, I really am.
Speaker 4: I don't want him coming in like the.
Speaker 6: State of the Union. He was high as a cake, he said, is that Joe up there?
Speaker 7: Of course, Biden's agreed to do this to save face. There's absolutely no other reason why he would agree to do this. If he were to bow out of the presidential debates altogether, he would have been the first president to do so since Nixon in nineteen seventy two. And of course, we know from that unforgettable poll in March of this year that a third of Americans don't believe President Biden is up for a second term due to his lack of mental acuity. But that didn't stop Donald Trump. He was having such a heyday at this rally in Massachusetts or.
Speaker 6: Was it Misschipi Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Minnesota.
Speaker 7: There's way too many states in the country of America, I'm telling you, but he was having so much fun. Everyone has likened this particular rally to a legit stand up comedy routine.
Speaker 4: Americans are not struggling, you know, this is the worst platform.
Speaker 6: Who put this stage up here?
Speaker 4: This is the freaking place is falling down. It keeps stilting further left, like too many other things. What a crappy contractor this way now, I put my hand on this thing, and the thing till so over. Now, this sucker is really tenuous, I'm telling you, is at some point I'll be starting, I won't leave, and we'll finish up. But this sucker is going to be sitting down there on the floor.
Speaker 7: There's someone who's not reading off a teleprompter.
Speaker 1: And the crowd was eating it up.
Speaker 7: I mean, he had more laughs than those Netflix specials of actual comedians.
Speaker 2: They love it.
Speaker 3: I mean that shows you why Biden has specified he will participate in debates so long as there is no studio audience, because Biden well understands Trump will have an audience eating out of his hand while Biden has to stick to an auto qu and even then he reads the prompts as well as the script. When Trump goes off script, he's quite brilliant. And I think it's enough recognition for just how entertaining and how funny he is.
Speaker 5: Well, he is an entertainer, Like you know, he was a businessman originally, but he made his popularity out of being an entertainer, right, And a lot of people go, oh, Jews, so wish all the politicians were boring. I mean, you know, he just adds something to politics that you can't get anywhere else. And because he is an entertainer and made money out of doing so, for so long. He knows how to talk to people in the way they talk, right, and it's not often that you get that out of a politician. And you know the way he's carrying on about the lecturn and oh, oh freaking place is falling apart, right, He's talking to the crowd like the crowd talk to each other. And people love to see that in a politician. And he's just the ultimate troll, isn't he as well? He over the weekend gave another speech to the National Rifle Association, the NRA, and floated this idea, which he has before, but in serious interviews he's distanced himself from it, but he brings it up every now and again for a laugh, to say, well, why don't I just go for a third presidency? You know, well, let's do away with this idea of having two terms.
Speaker 6: We'll go to three terms. Why not? And of course, since.
Speaker 5: Been two terms since FDR served his fourth term, and so they passed an amendment to restrict it, and he's sort of toyed with the idea.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, how bad could it possibly be? Three terms?
Speaker 5: I think there is an argument that three terms is bad because imagine if you ended up with three.
Speaker 6: Terms of Joe Biden. I think that is possibly the most argument.
Speaker 3: Ever, three terms of Baraka bars Yes, what's the difference. But the other thing, just on that stump speech that Trump gave, he wasn't just being funny, he was actually being quite brilliant. Because when he says of the stage, the whole freaking place is falling apart. We don't hear him talking about the stage. We hear him talking about the United States. When he says who's the contractor, we don't hear him dissing the contract that we hear him dissing the current administration. So you know, he's more than just a great troll. He's actually politically quite brilliant. You compare that to Biden, I mean, you would buy tickets, You've brought your body weight in popcorn because you're so excited to hear Trump. But no one wants to hear from Joe Biden. No one even wants to see him. Check out his motiicaide traveling through Atlanta over the weekend to give a speech.
Speaker 2: There's the president traveling through. Now.
Speaker 3: Normally, whether you support the president or not, it's not that often you get to see his Motiicaide, right, so you'd be there, but there is literally nobody there aside from a couple of people who are not there for Biden. They're just trying to get across the street. So you've got these two situations.
Speaker 2: Right. When Trump is in court in New York, they barricade.
Speaker 3: A couple of blocks so protesters can't al sorry, supporters can't get near him. But when Biden is in town, they just banned photographers from using a wide angle lens because don't want you to see.
Speaker 2: No one is there.
Speaker 5: And that's Atlanta, Georgia, which is you know, really blue part of town, right, and they still can't get anyone to come out.
Speaker 1: It's there.
Speaker 6: It's the greatest.
Speaker 5: Argument against us ever becoming a republic, because you know, you've got the king or the queen or whoever comes at everyone lines the streets. We don't want another bloody politician. There's sick of politicians. We don't want to stand on the side of the road and look at a politician. But it's like during the beginning of Trump's trial in New York, when he went down after court one day and made a visit to a bodega, which is a convenience sort they call a convenience or a bodega is And he went there because there was a former worker who'd been there who'd been pursued by the cops for defending.
Speaker 6: Himself against a robber, etc.
Speaker 5: Went down for a bit of a political stump speech, and there's people everywhere and supporters and we love you Trump, and kids in school uniform.
Speaker 6: Shouting out to him. Whatever.
Speaker 5: So the next day or a couple of days later, Biden then decided he was going to do the same thing, and he pulled into a servo or something and walked in and no one wanted a bar of him, right.
Speaker 2: It was just it was a lot of support for Brandon.
Speaker 5: Let's go Brandon indeed, and Biden was also out making a few speeches on the weekend. This is when he made at Morehouse College in Georgia. So you've just seen the footage of him driving through Georgia. He was either on his way to the college or leaving it here where he is talking to a bunch of students who are graduating and basically going down the divide and conquer road. He spent the weekend sucking up to black voters, and he went to another side. He went to Detroit as well, and we'll get to that in a minute, to talk to an association over there. But at this college in Georgia, he basically says to these kids, the country hates you because you are black, and therefore you should vote for me.
Speaker 8: You missed your high school graduation, you started college just as George Floyd was murdered, and there was a reckoning on race. It's natchel to wonder democracy you hear about actually works for you. What is democracy? A black matter man killed on the street?
Speaker 2: What is democracy?
Speaker 8: Portrayal of Broker promises slowly black communities behind?
Speaker 2: What is democracy?
Speaker 8: You have to be ten times better than anyone else to go to fair shot. Most of all, what does it mean? As we've heard before, he'd be a black man who loves his country even if it doesn't love him back in equal measure.
Speaker 5: I mean, he literally says, you have to be ten times better than anyone else to get a fair shot. He is telling these kids that they've failed before they've even begun. He sows the seeds of division, because what else does he have.
Speaker 2: Did you notice the applause was quite sparse.
Speaker 3: There were as many people clapping as there were on the pavement watching his moticade because they know he's a race bata and that kind of talk to a mostly black student body is a pretty good dangerous.
Speaker 7: Stationed yes, and which is why he brings up George Floyd, because we know how big a deal that was in the States, literally saying, what is democracy if black men are being killed in the street? Mate, If you look at your own twenty twenty three interracial homicides, eighty six blacks were killed by whites and four hundred and eighty eight whites were killed by black So don't be ripping those stats out in your speech talking to a university of young black men in Georgia.
Speaker 1: For crying out loud, this guy is.
Speaker 7: Such a shill, and he has shown time and time again. Remember that Remember that ad he did with a young black family and he brought them chicken chicken, and it was just so cringe nobody could watch it without their eyes watering. But these Democrats have shown time and time again they actually despise these people. They take them for granted. This is the same man who for less than four years ago said you ain't black, you don't vote for me.
Speaker 1: If you don't vote Democrat, then you don't even know your own mind. You don't even know.
Speaker 7: The party that's helping you do us a favor. They do nothing but insult them while expecting to be favored with their vote.
Speaker 3: And while Biden despises black people, the media despised Christians. Just before we move on to other topics, I've got to show you this headline from the Sydney Morning Herald, Make America Godly again? Christians refuse to lose faith in Trump. That was their headline in the SMH. And what I thought was funny about this, Liz, is that they said they can't believe Christians are supporting Trump. Don't they know that Trump is a bit sort of you know, liberal on abortion maybe, and he's friendly with LGBTQ people. So according to the Sydney Morning Herald, you're not a true Christian if you're not completely anti abortion and completely the anti LGBTQ. But tomorrow they'll say you're an extreme Christian radical if you are hardline on abortion and hardline on sexuality and issues of trans So the.
Speaker 2: Media have it both ways.
Speaker 3: I thought it was quite hysterical how suddenly they're saying you're not a real Christian unless you're completely anti abortion and completely anti LGBTQ people.
Speaker 7: Well, despite Trump's failings, he's still better than Satan, which is your other option in.
Speaker 1: My humble opinion.
Speaker 7: But let's talk about the Greens because we love to do that on this show and just check in on their level of delusion.
Speaker 1: So there's a new committee in town. The Feds love to do this.
Speaker 7: This one is an oversight committee of the Defense Department. There was a bit of jibaji early on the Defense higher ups didn't like this idea of you know, I don't know, more accountability by parliament.
Speaker 1: Who wants that?
Speaker 7: Anyway, it got across the line. It's happening, and it's going to be very important. It's going to ramp up parliamentary scrutiny of major acquisitions, you know, like the nuclear subs, like our hunter those frigates, what are they actually hunter class? I just call them hunters, you know, for short, as I do.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So very serious committee.
Speaker 7: It's going to fulfill a massive function in the Greens. Before it's even started are demanding a seat on board because of course, the Greens, with their massive knowledge of all things defense.
Speaker 1: Who wouldn't want them to be on this committee. Right.
Speaker 7: Let's go straight to the quote from David Shuebridge. He says it is critically important to have a Greens representative on there. Over the next ten years, the defense budget is estimated to be three quarters of a trillion dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed.
Speaker 7: He even knows that funding some of the most complex and high risk procurement projects the common Wealth has ever undertaken. It would be reckless to limit the oversight of those projects, right, So we would be limiting the oversight of these projects if we don't have the Greens on board.
Speaker 1: The Greens, the Greens who literally.
Speaker 7: Don't even support our flag which our soldiers carry into battle.
Speaker 1: The Greens, who are fringe.
Speaker 7: Activists basically stand against everything that mainstream Australians love. And indeed those who go to war fight for they hate Israel.
Speaker 1: They make that extremely clear. They're hostile to Orcus So that's kind of important.
Speaker 7: But no, they consider themselves absolutely crucial to the making up of this Defense Oversight Committee. Can you imagine what their contributions would be.
Speaker 3: This is a thirteen member committee and the members are appointed by the Prime Minister. He has complete ability to say who we want, which is a bit of a worry because the latest News poll has the Greens polling at thirteen percent.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that? So?
Speaker 3: And we've already seen that anthe Alberanzi is not above partnering with the Greens. I mean he wanted to partner with them to get a religious discrimination bill up. Can you believe it? As if the Greens would.
Speaker 2: Be helpful in that.
Speaker 3: So you could see a situation where Albanezi might grant David Shubridge his desire. But this committee is going to get classified defense papers. They can ask for top level briefings anytime they want. If you're going to give the Greens a seat, you might as well give the Chinese Commonist Party and a MUSS a seat at the same time, because I'm not quite sure what the difference is sometimes.
Speaker 5: Look, I think it's highly unlikely that they would give the Greens a seat because, of course, the Prime Minister has gone through enough trouble with his own party to shore up support for Orcards.
Speaker 3: Gillard when he's in partnership with the Greens to retain power.
Speaker 2: So I know that anything beyond the Labor Party.
Speaker 5: Sure, that's a slightly different situations, gone through enough grief with his own party to shore up Orcus and the left within his own party that was opposed to that that if he were to then put the Greens on this committee, the blowback he would get from the right of the party would be extreme and would create even more troubles for him. But you would not want to let them anywhere near the joint And the way they're going to do it is by trying to pass an amendment that mandates that they must have a seat. Now no one else gets that ability.
Speaker 3: Well they're worthy is that it should recognize the diversity of the parliament.
Speaker 6: You must have it. I mean there there will be nothing to say that.
Speaker 1: The diversity of the parliament.
Speaker 7: Those of us who hate war under all circumstances.
Speaker 1: Must also be recognized on this committee.
Speaker 6: Now won't say you must have a coalition member on it. It says there must be two.
Speaker 5: Government members and two non government members, which could be anyone, right, But I mean the Greens they hate defense. They hate defense of the country because of course they hate the country, and they hate defense on the front of your property, because of course property is theft and you should not be able to protect it from anyone else. You should make it available to anyone who possibly wants to squat on it.
Speaker 6: Anyway, that's a matter for another day.
Speaker 5: They probably want the Chinese Communist Party to squat on the country too. Let's go over three minutes to the UK now, where we've seen a change of heart recently from the UK government when it comes to matters of transgenderism, particularly where it is treated from a health perspective. We've seen the closing down of the Tavistock Center, which was, of course one of the major gender clinics in the UK. We've seen a move away from the idea of gender affirming care for children, whereby children were told that if they feel our transgender then they should begin some sort of medical treatment, whether that be through surgery or medication or otherwise to change the makeup of their body. Will not the UK Labor Party, they have decided that if they are elected later this year, which seems to be highly likely it will happen, they will make it so easy to officially change your gender that it will be more difficult to go and buy a part of milk. Almost all you'll have to do is go to a doctor. Perhaps your local GP, your family GP and say, look, I feel like the body I'm living in is not the one I belong in, and your doctor can sign off a piece of paper that says officially your gender has changed.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Currently, if you want to go through that process, a gender recognition certificate they call it, you have to be diagnosed with gender dysphoria. You have to have been living as though you were the other gender for at least two years. You have to affirm that you intend to live as that gender for the rest of your life. You need two medical reports, one of them from a specialist, and then finally all of that has to be considered by a panel. And that seems fair enough because to say that you are changing your gender it's pretty extreme. But no UK Labor the opposition says, if we're in power, do away with all of that because and according to one source who talk to a newspaper the UK, they said that they want the process to be less medicalized, as though this was just something that you wake up in the morning and you can flip flop every single day. Just go to one doctor, go to one doctor on Monday and get the certificate to say you're a woman. And then go to another doctor on Wednesday to get the certificate to say you're a man.
Speaker 6: When you work out, you get some sort of tax.
Speaker 2: Benefit for cognitive dissonance on this one is high.
Speaker 3: Listen to analyst Dodds, she's the shadow Women and Equalities Minister. She said, my quote, we want to see the process of gender recognition modernized. I'm not quite sure how you modernize it. It's always been the same. You look down in the shower and you know what gender you are. But she says this, She says, we want to see the process of gender recognition modernized while protecting single sex spaces for biological women. Well, the contradictions in that, wow, are enormous. How can you say you can be a woman simply by consulting your GP, yet we're going to protect women. Also, how can you say trans women are women but then differentiate between those and biological women.
Speaker 2: The contradictions are everywhere in this policy.
Speaker 7: These people have absolutely no idea what they're doing. But essentially we are talking about the party.
Speaker 1: Who is currently not in power but.
Speaker 7: Looks like they're going to be soon saying prayer UK undoing absolutely everything that the current conservative not really conservative but they are the Tories, so we'll say the Conservative Party, the current Conservative Party which is in power, have done by shutting down Tavistock by having their cast review, then unloading the cast report and saying effective immediately, no more of this transitioning drugs nonsense happening in our country anymore. So these guys are basically signaling we're just going to flip the tables. Everything's going to go. It's going to be a free for all. If they're going to make it that simple to amend legal records basically your birth certificate or whatever the case may be, and tell the world that you're now a different gender. It's as simple as one trip to your GP and then your home and host.
Speaker 3: And don't forget the British government stopped Scotland from introducing Lack's gender recognition laws. Nicholas Sturgeon was going to make it very easy to swap gender's richie snack. Stop them from doing that. But now, of course the UK are about to change.
Speaker 5: I quite flippantly made a comment about it to be harder to buy a pint of milk. But I can tell you one thing that is harder to do, and that's when I go to the doctor and I ask for forty milligram tablets of somac, and I'm sure many of you at home take somac. It's a reflux drag, right, But if you want the forty milligrams, they've actually got to call someone up and get.
Speaker 6: Approval to give it to you.
Speaker 5: So it's harder to get anti reflux medication in Australia at Legitimately, then it will be to change your gender in the UK.
Speaker 6: I mean, tell me how that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Let's stay in the UK.
Speaker 3: We reported recently on local council elections which were hugely impacted by the Muslim vote, and we talked about the changing face of politics.
Speaker 2: In the UK.
Speaker 3: Well now, a government commissioned report recommends legal protections for school teachers to stop them being suspended or sacked for breaching blasphemy laws. I might add these are blasphemy laws that don't actually exist in the UK, but the UK has ended up with the facto blasphemy laws because of the influence of Muslims in that country. This goes back to twenty twenty one, when a school teacher in West Yorkshire received numerous death threats after he dared to hold up a picture of Mohammed when talking to students about the Charlie Ebdo terror attack. Now because of that he was sent into hiding. He was also suspended by the school. Amazingly, three years later, he and his family are still in hiding because of death threats. And then last year, four boys were suspended from class after having been asked to bring a Quran into school for a religious class.
Speaker 2: Apparently they dropped it.
Speaker 3: It got reported that they had burned it and police recorded it as a hate incident, when in fact it was just four boys who'd been a bit clumsy with the Quran. Now, a recent survey has found in the UK one out of every six school teachers is self censoring or changing lessons on religion for fear of being accused of blasphemy, and police have been accused of making charges of religious hatred when they know full well it's not a case of religious hatred, but they're scared of upsetting local communities. So you've got this really interesting situation in the UK where people are now self censoring out of deference to Islam, and we're having to make.
Speaker 2: Laws to protect free speech.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure the laws are going to make much difference because people are afraid so much of losing their job as being forced into hiding for years at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I mean this is just ridiculous. There should be no blasphemy laws.
Speaker 7: Blasphemy as a basic human right. You should be able to make fun of whatever you like. And if anything raises its ugly head and says no, no, no, I'm above that, you can't touch me. That's the head that you need to cut off. Because somebody's blasphemy is.
Speaker 1: Your free speech and vice versa. So as a Christian, I would never be like, no one can talk against my religion.
Speaker 7: How dare you say that about Jesus et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: No, go for your life. Firstly, Jesus is a big boy, you can look after himself.
Speaker 7: And secondly, that curtails everyone's freedoms. And that's what we see playing out in dictatorship.
Speaker 1: Sir, Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: So that should not be happening in any way, shape or form. But like you say, people are self censoring. This is self preservation knowing that a certain type of people who adhere to the Islamic religion will take matters into their very violent hands, and the UK, like no other place in Europe I would venture, in recent years, has seen that violence play out. They've seen beheadings in the street, They've seen terrible, terrible things, and so naturally even the teachers themselves are like, yeah, we are afraid.
Speaker 2: You got to say on that.
Speaker 3: We look at the UK and we think, gee, they're a long way down the track. Well it's a bit of a window into our future if we're not careful.
Speaker 2: And we've now got due self.
Speaker 3: Censoring in this country. Different different thing, but same theme. We've got people out of concern about what sort of reception they will receive because of Islamic extremists are changing their behavior when they ought not.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to be a free country.
Speaker 5: But how good is the UK government commissioning a report which presumably they have paid for, to come back and tell them to draft laws to fix something that isn't actually an issue of the law per se, because there is no existing law that bans blasphemy in the UK.
Speaker 1: It's an issue.
Speaker 5: It's an issue of how the police pursuing these things right, and broadly, it's that people feel they need to self CeNSE of because people come after them when they do something. You can't change that by a stroke of the pen.
Speaker 6: In the law.
Speaker 5: You can say to the teachers, oh, well, you know you're protected by the law for saying whatever you want in the classroom. But that doesn't stop someone threatening you. It doesn't stop someone protesting out the front of the classroom or the school. That's the issue, and this doesn't agree someone.
Speaker 3: All goes back to when Selmyn Musty was first attacked and they put a FATOI threat on him. Yeah, and everyone just said, oh, that's bad, instead of standing up and saying we will not have this in our country.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, look at what's making news tomorrow, including how many failed asylum seekers are still in the country.
Speaker 2: That's coming up in a moment. All right, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Before we get to tomorrow's papers, some breaking news that I know will make Liz score It very happy, and that Julian Assand has been granted leave by a court to appeal his extradition to the United States. Now, of course, Assan faces charges of leaking military secrets, so Liz he lives to fight military secrets.
Speaker 7: They're called war crimes, okay, well, war crimes, yes.
Speaker 1: No, they've tried again and again to get.
Speaker 7: Him, and once again God is on the side of the writeous. I'm telling you, I hope this appeal is successful. Of course, he shouldn't be sent to the US. Number one, he's already done his time. He's been in Bellmarsh, which is a high security prison for the scum of the earth type criminals, for what is it, over seven years now, It's.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, but he's more than done his time.
Speaker 7: Then there was the seven years at the Ecuadorian embassy in which he was locked up like an animal as well. That one was of his own doing. But again fleeing for his life. The CIA has been busted. You can google this yourself. Toying with the idea of epsteining this guy, right, So this whole idea of oh no, he should come to the States and face trial here.
Speaker 1: No, we know what you guys.
Speaker 7: Were kind of thinking of doing a couple of years ago. So we're pretty convinced he won't get a fair trial there, will he. And let's keep in mind that Manning, who's the one who did the leaking to him. Again, something that people don't understand is no hacking went on. Okay, Julian Asange did zero hacking and this was shown in black and white during Chelsea Manning's court martial. Okay, so no hacking occurred. Everything that Chelsea Manning accessed she had access to and then she sent it to Julian and Julian hit post on your war crimes. Once again, if you don't when your corruption exposed, just try not being corrupt. But this guy has not done anything that the New York Times and mainstream media throughout the world haven't done, and that is the problem that the US have been grappling with four years, and.
Speaker 1: That's why they haven't been able to nailhim.
Speaker 3: Caleb, you're happy with this decision or should we just get on with the rest of the news.
Speaker 5: Well, I will just say briefly that the lead for appeal has been granted on the basis that the US has not given assurance that he could use the First Amendment, which of course is the right to free speech, as a defense. They've assured that he wouldn't face the death penalty, which was the other condition that the UK courts had previously put.
Speaker 6: On it in March.
Speaker 5: So essentially, what the US is saying is that they will not give him the ability to defend himself on the basis that what he did was free speech, because of course he argues that what he did was publishing content and that ought to be protected as publishers do under free speech. The US is not going to let him use that defense. Therefore, the UK is open to the idea of him that they've allowed him to work.
Speaker 7: Because they recognize that is patently unfair. That's what every other publisher has done, and he is always called WikiLeaks a publisher.
Speaker 1: That's what they do.
Speaker 3: So it will all continue. Let's get on to Australian use the Daily Telegraph. Liz, you've got the front page.
Speaker 1: There, Oh I do.
Speaker 7: I'm so distracted by this marvelous news. Okay, the Daily Telegraphed denied just stay anyway. More than sixty thousand of eighty thousand failed asylum seekers still in the country have been allowed to remain with full work and study rights.
Speaker 1: It can be revealed.
Speaker 7: Government figures revealed that eighty thousand would be refugees who originally traveled to Australia on work, study or tourist visas and later made failed claims for protection, are still in the country.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why do we bother having standards? Okay? Why do we bother having boxes?
Speaker 7: You're supposed to tick to enjoy the privilege it is to call.
Speaker 1: Australia home, even if for five minutes. Why do we bother? Why do we bother?
Speaker 7: And what on earth is this government doing to ensure that.
Speaker 1: People who are here are here legally? Nothing?
Speaker 5: Well, I can't believe that the dat Telegraph and the Daily Telegraph is referring to them as failed asylum seekers. They sound to me as though they were quite successful. To be perfectly honest, they managed to find their way into the country under false pretenses, and then we've allowed them to stay, to have like a successful venture.
Speaker 2: They stayed.
Speaker 3: But many of them are studying and work and they're not failed.
Speaker 6: They're illegal and so angry was your pen that it's through it?
Speaker 7: No doubt, no doubt, they're all enjoying the benefits of the task that I'm.
Speaker 1: Who they're here.
Speaker 7: No one really not self sustained.
Speaker 5: No wonder we see people trying to ram their way in on boats. Some have actually made it to the shore. It looks for all money like Australia is open for business, do whatever your dan will like. Let's go to the advertiser tomorrow where it says it's against generation fail cord delay threatens to blackout Victoria and New South Wales where we heard that before. We are bad neighbors, says the Adelaide Advertiser of South Australia. South Australia bailing on gas production could plunge Victoria into blackouts and a delay in a new interconnector to New South Wales will put pressure on energy supplies this summer. Now, that interconnector to New South Wales. They have been talking about that since before Kevin Kevin Kevin Rudd, before Mike ran became a Premier of South Australia. We're talking way back in like the late nineties, early two thousand dreams. They were talking about the concept of an interconnector to New South Wales.
Speaker 6: It still hasn't happened.
Speaker 5: You had sixteen years of labor, you had four years of the libs.
Speaker 6: Now you've had another two years of labor. Nothing has happened.
Speaker 5: The idea that South Australia is going to give up on gas. The state where the whole joint was plunged into a blackout because in the middle of a storm the system short circuited because the renewables didn't work, the wind didn't work, and a few power cables fell over. So then they decided, well, we need a backup mechanism. So what are we going to do. We're going to go out and buy a whole bunch of diesel generators to keep the system going when the renewables don't work and they don't want to use gas, which is infinitely cleaner, to keep the country powered up.
Speaker 6: What has happened to.
Speaker 3: The world, And I mean the problem is we're getting rid of fossil fuels before we've got the transmission lines and the renewable projects in place to give us electricity. So it's just a complete balls up on every level. Let's go to the front page of tomorrow's Herald Sun end class Fast UNI urged to bring in police and forcibly remove Propellestindian activists occupying campus building, calling the cops, reads the headline. The University of Melbourne is being urged to call in police to evict a Propellerstinye encampment that has occupied a faculty building for almost a week, ignoring a final demand to leave from the vice chancellor.
Speaker 2: The police are now on stand by.
Speaker 3: I suppose we saw what happened in the United States where it was mayhem, tear gas was used, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I suspect that's what students actually want.
Speaker 1: More dramatic.
Speaker 3: The Herald s soners reporting that these students are already rehearsing, getting their picket lines ready to resist police. And they put up a sign get this that's since been taken down, but the sign said helll zone, no pigs. You've got there since been removed. But I mean, these student protesters, they are gagging for a fight with police.
Speaker 2: Suspect that's what will have to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, here's here's hoping they.
Speaker 5: Do realize that that Jews don't come into contact with pigs either, don't they. I mean, if you told them that, maybe they'd think that there was something wrong with it.
Speaker 6: We couldn't pop honor. But you know, oh, they've been urged to call in.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you have to urge the university to call in police after it's been if you had someone camping on your front lawn for any more than twenty minutes, do you reckon, you'd hesit take to call the police.
Speaker 3: Well, the Vice Chancellors issued these protesters with a letter advice about camping.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised they're still there.
Speaker 3: Good permit and as well that they're breaching safety regulations because apparently some of the fire exits in the building you're occupying have been blocked and so they need to get out.
Speaker 2: So excuse me, excuse the universe.
Speaker 5: Would you jolly well mind moving off my front lawn side, you.
Speaker 6: Know, rub baggering up where I put down the new seas, you don't move on within the next five minutes, that it'll be lovely, you know. That's sort of how they're treating them.
Speaker 2: Is that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I know, marveless. On the front page of the Mercury, now Greens.
Speaker 7: Fight beggar Van The Greens will again move to repeal the ban on begging, saying the state is the last Australian jurisdiction where it remains a criminal offense. It goes on to talk about the Police Offenses Act and basically describes what you or I would call well, I don't know, not so much busking, but I know if you walk.
Speaker 1: Through the Sydney CBD.
Speaker 7: There's the odd person sitting out the front of a store too, with like a sign saying help me.
Speaker 1: Some of them are like.
Speaker 3: Not begging, like performing some sort of art or some sort of a building.
Speaker 7: I say busking, Yes, sorry buskers.
Speaker 2: Basically the who knew.
Speaker 7: That Tasmanians still have this outlaw and so someone can't just sit around being like I'm poor, Like, throw me a few extra if.
Speaker 3: You've got it well, I mean, the funny thing about this is if you are charged with begging in Tasmania, it's seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: You've got to come big.
Speaker 1: Card.
Speaker 5: Tell me that they don't have people begging in Hobart and lawn system and like, you know, it does seem like a bit of a ridiculous law. I'm I'm, I don't like begging and I don't give money to beggars because I think it encourages them to stay on the street.
Speaker 6: They'd be matching.
Speaker 7: I thought it was just because you're heartless and you don't care about people who are less well off than you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's that too, but you know, there would be much better to use actual services to help these people.
Speaker 6: And but you know, I mean, if they're going to beg. They're going to beg. I don't think you can stop it.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break when we come back. I've totally forgotten what we're talking about. What are we talking about? Oh, yes, labor MPs. They want to stop us eating meat and eat insects instead.
Speaker 2: That's coming up.
Speaker 6: Got a beg, that's what you've got to do.
Speaker 3: No, it's just not the World Economic Forum. Labor don't want us to eat meat either. Six West Australian labor MPs want us to stop eating meat and instead start eating insects and bacteria. Ben Fordham explains the reason they think we won't agree to it.
Speaker 2: Have a listen to this.
Speaker 9: This is not a joke. The labor MPs from WA reckon we won't ditch meat for insects and algae because of our toxic masculinity. Can you believe this? What planet are they living on? You've got to remind yourself that these MPs who want us all to eat insects are members of the working class Labor Party. The true believers are becoming bug eaters. That now the CSIRO has been pushing this message for years. In twenty twenty one, they released a paper called four reasons that insects could be a staple in Aussie diets, from zesty tree ants to peanut buttery bogong moths. The CSIRO even used a photo in that report showing a kid tucking into worms on toast and he'd already taken a bite out of it. The insect eaters at the CSIRO argue that if we want us the planet, we're going to have to replace burgers with bugs.
Speaker 3: Caleb, But I know you love a good steak. Is that just your toxic masculinity showing?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and particularly when it's paired with red wine?
Speaker 6: But you know, I actually.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't mind trying a peanut buttery bogong moth.
Speaker 6: I'm willing to do it at once.
Speaker 1: Sell it, I'm willing to do it once.
Speaker 2: You must stick around. Coming up in just a moment, It's the Rita Pennehy Show.