Speaker 1: We go getting away morning every day Adelaides GEMSA.
Speaker 2: Workers are turning down management roles and chasing happiness rather than the dollar. According to Australia's leading middle management expert, Rebecca Houghton's Blood.
Speaker 3: Mexico, because you mean you're chasing mental health as a top priority.
Speaker 2: So they profiled about one thousand Aussie middle managers last year and found that just fourteen percent fourteen percent were motivated to step into leadership roles. The major reason behind that is the younger generation's disinterest in middle management was the stigma surrounding these positions. So they're essentially going, I just want to be happy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's that's a good THINGBA Isn't that a good thing? Because what we used to do. I feel like when we were going through the system nice and early, it was work your ass off to get to these high positions because we feel like that's going to lead to happiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And you know, I spoke to someone who has dealt with He's like a psychologist who's dealt with lots of people in business who have made it to the top. We're talking like multimillionaires. And he said to me, once they get there, they're still not happy because they look around and they go, oh my god, look at all.
Speaker 1: The people I had to step over to get here. Isn't that interesting? So maybe they're onto something.
Speaker 3: The gen Zetter is, do you know what, Let's be content in being average, just gidding up, just keeping reach for the stars. And there's still going to be people coming through that are trying to reach the stars and go with those big positions. And for those people, look good on you. Less people to compete with.
Speaker 2: I don't know many people who got on their deathbed and went, I wish I had have worked more.
Speaker 1: I wish I had have worked harder.
Speaker 3: That's the thing though, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So maybe they're smarter than all of us, Maybe they've got us all hoodwinked, or maybe they just don't have any ambitions.
Speaker 4: I need to know.
Speaker 5: I need to know now.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know. I need to know what's in the news today.
Speaker 5: What you need to know?
Speaker 1: You know what you need to know. With Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 2: Before we move on from the Spice Girls, I just want to ask you, on the back of yesterday, when I asked you your favorite Backstreet Boy favorite spice girl.
Speaker 3: I had a mad crush on Melset. Did you yep? Sporty spies for mate? Right, sporty spice to the moon.
Speaker 2: I just love how she unashamedly just wore tracksuit pants everywhere on any given occasion.
Speaker 3: Who would have thought I'm into that to meet the queen?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, go on?
Speaker 2: Who would have thought a casual dress code would be right up your alley?
Speaker 1: Okay? What about the weather today?
Speaker 2: Mostly cloudy showers, the chance of a storm, strong westerly winds. Stay inside if you can, don't be running all about town. And if you do have to go out, take a brolly place.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, for those who I'm looking, I'm looking for the next opportunity to claim my car wash my car doesn't work?
Speaker 1: Does that work? Leaving it out in the rain?
Speaker 3: Absolutely does not. No, No, it makes it so much worse. So when I know I'm looking at the forecast, knowing that there's rain on the horizon, you can't wash your cart. No, So what are we looking at for the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: So it's going to get better.
Speaker 2: So we'll have those showers and thunderstorms today, but tomorrow those showers will ease. We'll have a top of fifteen and then throughout the rest of the week cloudy, party cloudy, and then sunny for the weekend, temps around fifteen sixteen. Still cold, still cold, but not and not as glorious as the weekend we've just had. Did you not just look up into the sky on Saturday and Sunday and go, this is the middle of winter. You're outrageous avalade just turning it on.
Speaker 3: I mean I was questioning what season it was. Do you know what I don't miss? Joe's that done for weeks like this playing footy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: This is when this is when you look at some particulars. I have to Tuesday or Thursday night and it's bucketing down, and you know that you would have had your train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my gosh, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hate I was a cat. I hated the water so much.
Speaker 2: Try playing netball in a dress. No, no, no, let me repeat it in a likera.
Speaker 3: A dress listening to get money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that ash felt ain't soft when you fall on it, when you slip on it, I'll give you the Are you trying to say that football's top.
Speaker 1: Of the network.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not trying to say that I'm just trying to say that I was an absolute pussy cat when it came to the rain.
Speaker 1: Not just when it came to the rain.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 2: The two ams we call them the two ams or the three ams, where you just wake up in the middle of the night and you're like, I am no chance in hell of going back to sleep. Yeah, So if you've ever found yourself wide awake at three or four am, you are very far from alone. So Google searchers for waking up at three am are on the rise.
Speaker 1: So leading Australian.
Speaker 2: Sleep experts record that pre bed routines are crucial for getting quality sleep. So late night scrolling is responsible for this pilava on Instagram, on TikTok. It's a major factor disrupting sleep for gen Z and millennials. But we all know not to do that because the blue light or blue rays or whatever they are keep you're awake.
Speaker 3: And I didn't know that, but that's a thing, like it's sort of really wakes up. I say, it's more potent than a shot of coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, the blue light.
Speaker 3: The blue light. Yeah. The other thing as well, which I'm reliably told, is that it's the prime information source from America around there. Okay, so all the stuff is starting to come through. So a lot of good, solid, juicy stuff from America. If it's gossip, if it's any other sort of information you're into, that's probably going to be available at around about two three o'clock, it's going to start coming through. So when you do sort of have a quick look at your phone, you go, what's going on there? Oh jeez, heaps of stuff's happening in America. It's because it's starting the central information is starting to come through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right there you go. Are you better off?
Speaker 2: I would love to ask a sleepex Are you a sleepexpt? Thirteen twenty four ten? Are you better off getting up and watching some TV? Are you better off reading a book? Doing anything but picking up your phone?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: My gosh, what's what's worse for you? Screen time and scrolling your phone? Or one morning, one morning I went out to my living room at four o'clock in the morning to get changed, and my wife Kara had already had to get up my one and a half year old son, Sunny because he was crying, And they, at four o'clock in the morning, were sitting there like zombies watching Telly Tuppies. Tell me what's worse for your health as an adult.
Speaker 2: I don't think Telly Tubby's are good for anyone's health under any circumstance. Have you heard the way they talk? Yes, it's very confusing. My wife looked very defeated. That nice man vomits after being told that his wife is going to be having physical relations with another man.
Speaker 3: I can absolutely see that happening.
Speaker 1: There is a show in the UK.
Speaker 2: It's called Open House The Great Sex Experiment. Tom from Devon became physically sick after being told by a non monogamy expert, imagine that on your business card.
Speaker 1: What do you do if he blue I'm.
Speaker 2: Monogamous that he had to let his partner Lauren sleep with another man without him, and the pressure of this challenge calls Tom to vomit in the bathroom, a moment captured in shocking footage aired on the show.
Speaker 1: Would you like to have a listen?
Speaker 3: Here we go?
Speaker 5: I just want to.
Speaker 3: I feel absolutely petrified and sick.
Speaker 5: All anyone can ask is that you just try again.
Speaker 3: I just want to cuddle you. Not a good time for caddles.
Speaker 1: No, who wants to be cuddled when they're vomiting, not.
Speaker 3: Me, say more so when you're about to have sex with someone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Tom and Lauren didn't back down or regret being on the show. Instead, they said they stayed strong, optimistic, and they publicly thanked everyone for their support. They also made it clear they're still happy in their relationship despite the difficult moments shown on the television. Okay, a non monogamy expert comes to you, Andrew Hayes, and says, your wife Kari gets to sleep with someone else without you around, thoughts, feelings.
Speaker 3: Emotions, similar thoughts and feelings probably to this bloke as well. Might you want to spew up? I would absolutely spew up physically and metaphorically.
Speaker 2: And what would you actually do, like knowing that it was happening in real time? Like you would know that it's, say, twelve noon, your wife's having sex with someone else?
Speaker 3: Cheeze? How could you possibly what could you do to distract yourself with thesess?
Speaker 2: Would you hone in absolutely no amount of Netflix in the world that's taking your mind off the fact that you're wife is with someone else?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine put yourself in that situation?
Speaker 4: Woo?
Speaker 1: That's awful. That's do you know what?
Speaker 2: I just got that feeling then, of when I have dreams that my husband's cheated on me and you wake up and you want to whack him around the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you do?
Speaker 3: I can imagine that if my wife was put in this situation where I was a person who was having sex too, I did tour them away. She would just whisper into the lady's ear, exactly what's about to happen. Yeah, you don't have two minutes of the most unrhythmic sex of all.
Speaker 2: Time, two minutes or reckon, She's given you about a minute fifteen generous overtime.
Speaker 3: Then you pick up on that. I put myself up a little bit there.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 6: I need to know now.
Speaker 4: I need to know. I need to know, I need to know what to new today.
Speaker 5: She is what you need to know.
Speaker 2: You know what you need to know with Jody and As slowed down on the roads this morning. It is wet, it is windy, it is blustery. We've got a top of fourteen today. That wind is going to pick up during the morning and in the afternoon, A possible thunderstorm around as well. We've had twenty millimeters of rain in the past twenty four hours, and we've got another twenty on the way.
Speaker 1: So I would suggest that.
Speaker 2: If it is humanly possible for you to stay in bed today, just do it.
Speaker 3: Do it. Take advantage just one of those days.
Speaker 5: Isn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to comment on the fact that it's still very dark even though it's nearly seven.
Speaker 1: Thirty in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's a nice pitch black out.
Speaker 3: There's I'm going to make up a headline in my head. Tell me if this is right or wrong. Nurses be dirty birds? Is that bird?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: There is a study certainly suggesting it out of the UK, isn't there There's a trend saying women working in nursing represent the highest proportion of its female membership on a UK based dating websites. So that suggests that we're more inclined to pursue perhaps an extramarital relationship than women.
Speaker 1: In other fields of work. Who's got time if you're a nurse, I reckon nurses would be exhauced. They work so hard.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing as well, and it's so personal what nurses do. Mental health professionals that intense caregiving career is like nursing, can lead to emotional disconnect and personal relationships, potentially increasing the likelihood of seeking intimacy outside of them. So when you give so much a work, yeah, perhaps you run out, You're exhausted by the time you get home.
Speaker 2: I've got nothing left to give you a partner, but plenty to give some random on the.
Speaker 3: Internet, particularly as well, when you come home and it's some sleazy bud. He's like, oh, put the uniform back home, and you're like, oh my god, I just want to take it off. And he's like, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: I would just love one of those nurses at the Women's and children who wear those really colorful, overtly bright.
Speaker 1: How fits to go. You mean this, you know exactly do it a bit.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's not the stereotypical nurse's uniform that I'm used to. What a beautiful, wholesome little game this is. It's called songs. A song, song, song, a bunch of songs orchestralized. We've got to guess them for a couple of like you listeners.
Speaker 1: And I did warn you in the song. I said, I say this each and every week, but don't be.
Speaker 3: A d head.
Speaker 1: If you start to win.
Speaker 3: I say this each and every work as well, I will be. I will be in this space. I've got the green light to be an absolute obnoxious knob.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go. Kristen from Mobbury, good morning.
Speaker 6: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: You're on my thanks to her. You're on your team?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: What a sinner? My family pass up for grabs?
Speaker 3: Did you say that?
Speaker 1: I just repeat that.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's okay. You're nervous, and you're nervous.
Speaker 2: It's fine, okay, okay, all right, you want to say hi to your mate.
Speaker 3: Tyson, big bad Tys. What's going on? Yeah? Going pretty well?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 3: You feeling lucky?
Speaker 4: Yep, let's do this.
Speaker 3: Let's do this, big Tys.
Speaker 2: All right, this is how it works. No over hips and throwbacks orchestralized. We have to guess the title and artists. Boss Josh is in here this morning, so there's no room for your shenanigans.
Speaker 3: Yes, runs a tight ship, the big fella. It is currently thirteen to nine in my favorite okay, really go Joe's first song we are Away? Hey do you are la? Dancing on?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 4: Is such me?
Speaker 5: Are you don't get number sure.
Speaker 1: To make a picture for everyone.
Speaker 2: You know. You know thirteen year old boys the high school social when they do that thing where they put their hands on their knees and then they cross their arms and their knees go together at the same time.
Speaker 1: That's what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I can't do that, child, I can do that. Joe's okay, I can do that, all right. Ready, song number.
Speaker 6: Two, god o.
Speaker 5: Jody.
Speaker 1: It's a little boo thing, I.
Speaker 3: Know, but who's a bar I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bull thing who sings that?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Hez he gets another.
Speaker 1: Listen if you look at your screen, check a time now, all.
Speaker 3: Right, so we get I get one guess. Let me move on. Is it Russell Adams? No? Is it Paul Russell? I'll give the.
Speaker 2: Russell Adams and also a pop stars shouldn't be called Russell.
Speaker 3: That's a very good point, jas Okay, So I go half a point for that. No drives, he drives a real tight chip. Okay, So you're going for the drawer. I'm going for the wind. Last song. Here we go. I know it, I know I know that, I know the artists. I'm trying to get the title.
Speaker 2: Guys, Okay, Jody, it's Rihanna, we fell in love.
Speaker 3: Incorrect? Oh see it's good. That's good, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It'll in love in a Hope's place?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to give it to me now?
Speaker 1: I don't believe I haven't been given up?
Speaker 3: Okay, Rihanna, we fell in love and hopeless place. No, Rihanna, we found love? Oh my.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Do you know what? I don't think ever in the history of songs, a song song song has somebody won one mill. There was two songs where we both didn't get it. That's actually incredibly a shall.
Speaker 1: We say we fell in love? The wow? You guys don't even want to make this a close competition.
Speaker 3: It feels like wet weather footy. Look, Tyson wasn't pretty, but we got the chocolate spoke well done.
Speaker 2: Well, we just that was just a version of the Crows playing Hawthorne at Utahs Stadium on a Friday night and two degrees with pissing.
Speaker 3: Down the Hawks that night.
Speaker 1: You've spoken a lot about my bow habits lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, quite aggressive, haven't they?
Speaker 1: Well not necessarily well.
Speaker 3: This would suggest otherwise that's your bow.
Speaker 1: AnyWho.
Speaker 3: But it's calm.
Speaker 2: Down here if you've just joined us. What a perfect time to wait on into the show. Because I had a parasite last week and ended up in hospital with some fairly excruciating bow pay AnyWho, I decided to get on the front foot Andrew Hayes and do something about it, and I thought, I need a little cleanse.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: What sort? Well at bowl cleanse? So in the form of a colony.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, there it goes to washing out that little parasite.
Speaker 1: That was the plan, and I've never had one before.
Speaker 3: But there are putting up a fight.
Speaker 2: There are several people in this building who shall remain nameless, who absolutely utterly swear by these things. So never done it before, didn't really know what to expect. But what is quite confronting is meeting a woman for the first time and after five minutes you're lying on your side having a tube put somewhere.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I think I know, I'm picturing what's happening, and I.
Speaker 1: Have to say it was an absolute abject failure.
Speaker 3: Sorry, before can I just ask a question because I'm thinking that you just tend to answer before you get on. How big is the tube?
Speaker 1: Oh it's not. That wasn't That didn't hurt.
Speaker 3: I'll say it once again. How big was the tube?
Speaker 1: That part was okay.
Speaker 2: What I found a little bit overwhelming is the water squirting up your belt. It's a really odd sensation. And I just like I tapped out.
Speaker 3: Because that hang on, you didn't finish? No, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Did you pull that mid klonic?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I don't know who you can, but I did. She said to me, could you do?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 2: Is about ten minutes in, she said, and they warn you because they're like they squeeze the water up, so it's like there's little bouts of squeezing the water. And she said, can you go five more minutes? And I was like, I'm so sorry. I can't. I can't do this anymore. So I had to tap out of the colonic.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, so you're half done. So did you walk out of there with water tribbling down your legs? What about as well that your little parasite is probably definitely still in there. You were supposed to flush him out. Instead you just gave him a wash. He won't up this morning. He's like, I feel fantastic, Thanks for the shower. Jo ready to reinvigorate myself and take back over.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 5: I need to know now.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know. I need to know what the news today to know.
Speaker 5: This is what you need to know.
Speaker 2: You know what you need to know with Jody and as coming up to that midyear break where a lot of people book flights to Europe, etc. To go on a little Midyew holiday to get warm, We'll probably don't at the minute because there is absolute travel chaos around the world as global airlines have suspended or reduced flights following the conflict between Israel and Iran.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: Thanks for telling me that, because I was just about to book a trip to Europe. Just kidding. I've never been to Europe. I've been to Bali and Thailand and that's it. That tasmaning.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they've temporarily suspended these flights to the Middle East as this conflict rages. And it comes as the US from three Iranian nuclear enrichment sites at the weekend. Very unstable global economic climate at the moment under the helm of one Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is very unpredictable, isn't it. So much jargon and so much wrath that comes through on social media. It's hard to believe anything at the moment. It John on top of that as well, when the genuine speech came through where Trump said, you know, we've done this and we're very proud of ourselves, there's a part of me that goes, is this AI like in someone's just good? Confirm this is actually real?
Speaker 2: Well, who's to say if Donald is AI or real or if Milania is in fact Millennia.
Speaker 1: There's a real conspiracy theory. There's a fake Millennia going around.
Speaker 3: She'd love to get the inner thoughts of Millennia. Would you see her face something? She is cooking something.
Speaker 2: Her face the other day when he said something and she just laughed and then turned away and rolled her eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't know if she's living her best life.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure that she is. You have to fight. Can Milania please just journal something?
Speaker 1: Can the real Millennia please stand.
Speaker 3: Up on biography or something, just when it's all said and done. That is what you need to know this morning. Come up next to Second Storm and Nover's birthday paid Ay chance for you to score one thousand bucks just for having a birthday after lowly young