Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 2: Be great. This is Jason Lauren one hundred. Well, good morning everybody working.
Speaker 3: For the weekend.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: What a weekend.
Speaker 4: You know what it's going to be. It's going to be a wonderful weekend. The weather is amazing. It's fan Zac Day.
Speaker 5: People are out and about.
Speaker 2: The good weather for the dawn service too, which is great.
Speaker 4: Great weather for the Dawn service, great weather for the ANZAC eve match tonight, great weather for the Anzac days everything.
Speaker 5: Lauren, I'm just so thrilled to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I do have a warning for you.
Speaker 4: What's happened?
Speaker 6: No, Jason and I have just been in a playful mood already, prayer drinks. It's it's been We've got.
Speaker 2: A bit weird, didn't we We do, We think a little bit. A lot of people want to join me at Corford Rsel time.
Speaker 4: People will be packed. Yeah, I was packed to the rafters.
Speaker 2: To be honest. It normally is you've.
Speaker 4: Been inviting people over for a swim for in the weather.
Speaker 1: No, I'm focusing on An and he's been inviting people left right and center.
Speaker 4: Laur hate Clint. What do you think the odds are chase making it to the corfield ourself?
Speaker 7: And no, that's the one that I'm pretty strong because that's my thing. Yeah, he likes to teach the kids how to gamble.
Speaker 5: Don't straight to crown after they know.
Speaker 2: They teach you, their.
Speaker 4: Maths would be better than yours. It is Daddy old son in your favorite. Here is an important day. In fact, today we are catching up with one of our return servicemen ahead of an Zac Day and it is a very very important down our calendar.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I was saying to Clint. I was just watching the opening of the footy last night and just even the ceremony they did last night stadium. Yeah, he could have heard a pin drop and it just it just reminds me of the a f L do this weekend very well.
Speaker 4: Ruthe opened at Marvel Stadium last night.
Speaker 2: Was open for the second time this year.
Speaker 5: I think they're changing the rules.
Speaker 2: I sing last time. We need to talk to the roof guy who's got the buzzer, the roof guy, you know, the roof guy.
Speaker 5: I'm connected with the roof guy.
Speaker 2: Can you get the roof guy on the shape?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I can get the roof gone.
Speaker 2: Can I have a hern of the button?
Speaker 5: I can't add to that. You have to ask a roof guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not sure it's as elaborate as you you think it is.
Speaker 2: I think it's just like a button. Yeah, you want to have I reckon Sometimes just before the games, they're like anyone says, BLUs.
Speaker 4: Times you've done that in your house, don't get there and you're like, you pull up your car to open it, and you because ours is not at the front of the house, so you've got to go a different entrance. And I'm like, oh great, taking the buzzer out of the car. The buzzer leaves in the car.
Speaker 2: The buzzer does not leave the car.
Speaker 5: The buzz leaves it.
Speaker 4: I'm about to That's why.
Speaker 2: Most busses have a clip on them. You are putting on the vibe.
Speaker 5: I'm about to chain chain the buzzer to the car.
Speaker 2: Well, the pens are combat exactly like that. Yeah, dishwashers and in the car. You and I are finding more and more things we agree with you. You had common ground.
Speaker 6: You two go I shan't be going to work out five years, but finally found that two things and you know what else?
Speaker 4: Clip. It would never be Jsaura who would take the buzzer out of the car ever, because we know the rules. It would always be Blue or Paul pointing fingers or who.
Speaker 2: Imagined dish No, imagine clip with the buzzer. You'd be the sort that taken out of the car. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you seen his car?
Speaker 5: Everything's in his car.
Speaker 4: He doesn't take anything out of the car.
Speaker 6: And I've still got my Channel line wardrobe.
Speaker 2: How hang on?
Speaker 4: I drove my car that I drove the big truck this.
Speaker 2: Morning, the defender depend and I.
Speaker 4: Haven't dreamn it in quite some time. And I was like, oh, I stop driving with a liquid goal, driving with diesel driving. Be careful anyway, I was like, what is that banging around in the back?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 4: When I got here, I opened a child. I don't have a child. I don't know about it was the ninja slushing machine.
Speaker 2: Be careful taking the in the It's in the mood of the car.
Speaker 5: It must have been there from summer.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, it must have been in the back for five months.
Speaker 2: We're taking the show, are you?
Speaker 4: And we're taking the show down to the tan Later on the shoespressle.
Speaker 2: After eight o'clock, we're going to be doing a little barbecue down there to a long one and all.
Speaker 4: Yes, it might not be that many people.
Speaker 2: Breaking the neg and the slashing machine.
Speaker 1: What about the people that trot around the tann Do you think they'll be interested in e and b roll?
Speaker 4: No, because they're trotting around the tag.
Speaker 6: Maybe we should trot around the tag.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I didn't bring my TND.
Speaker 6: We should we should have done.
Speaker 2: You weren't white for a barbecue.
Speaker 3: That that's a bad mistake.
Speaker 4: Why food fight?
Speaker 2: No, no, just this is not you.
Speaker 5: We've got apron style.
Speaker 4: We're not animals.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, there's nothing worse than a bit of yoke that goes you know.
Speaker 2: Well, just like the when the sausage burst, I went.
Speaker 4: For cooking the barbecue, I'll be stunning myself in my glorious sun. It's actually quite cold out there this morning.
Speaker 2: Great moment. We picked the day for it. Hey, coming up your chance? I when five thousand dollars that is on the way. And as we said, we'll be barbecue this morning after rape. But to kick things off, is can ye on nova? Good morning? Welcome to your Friday everyone, kan Ye, good modern Melbourne. We welcome to your weekend.
Speaker 5: Good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Waking up with some tragic news this morning. What happened? Alcohol distribution company? Yes, and are on fire here?
Speaker 4: Well what an alcohol distribution Yeah, so they've got the slabs and they're just dropping them off to dance on their way to us.
Speaker 5: Do we know what brands?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: We don't at this stage.
Speaker 1: Investigations are continuing, but what I would say is that it took firefighters a long time to bring that thing ding on under control. So impact supply this weekend.
Speaker 2: And on the same day, I've just seen some christ research coming saying twenty two percent of Aussies are saying they're not shouting rounds at the pumperty more.
Speaker 4: Too expensive, mate, we've got petrols expensive. There's a shortage of that American what stuff that Now you've got an.
Speaker 2: Alcohol shout around of the pub is not cheap. I think you buggered that up.
Speaker 1: I think it's one in five people are shouting rounds, So it's the opposite like just let's say you've got me again. Seventy eight percent of people aren't shouting because they're.
Speaker 2: Terry tart I don't get.
Speaker 4: That body shit.
Speaker 6: No you said.
Speaker 4: No, no, no. He's saying people aren't shouting, and you're in heated agreement. You too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are good stats, great story.
Speaker 4: So people are not buying.
Speaker 6: Rounds, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think the timing of the round is important. I mean, you don't want to be there when you're transitioning from beard spirits. That's a that's a that's a tough round.
Speaker 2: All you know, A tough round is when you're later in the night and forty other people rocked. I know.
Speaker 6: But the extras they need to buy their own drinks.
Speaker 4: I reckon a shout extends to like four to six people after that if you can't carry them.
Speaker 2: You know, if you can't carry them around.
Speaker 6: I'm maybe with a small tray, that's fine, six, but you can't be carrying.
Speaker 2: If you've got to remind someone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's why women are great, because we're just buy a bottle. But yeahs or you guys like, oh, you wanted to ease, you want to find it, but it's four x gold and you wanted new northern beaches. She's got annoying where women go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sho, we went to lawn dots. We just got jugs of Carton were like that you know what I tried for the first time the other day. I know it's not on Mondays.
Speaker 5: Is it a food or beverage.
Speaker 2: Beverage a beverage seltzer to.
Speaker 5: Be out, a eb A, Carlton cut what?
Speaker 2: But out of the tanks the people know it's totally different.
Speaker 4: I was at Currential hotel and they're like, well, we've got this tank and it tastes different.
Speaker 3: No, it is.
Speaker 1: There's no preservative and it's no preservative, and it's like, how does it usually come out?
Speaker 2: What does it come in? I don't know.
Speaker 5: You'd never asked in a cake different to a tank.
Speaker 6: This was in their own tank, copper tank.
Speaker 4: No, they get delivered in like a tank and then it goes through the copper.
Speaker 2: Tank and the boys play and it's only there for like two weeks. Like they even put what day the tank.
Speaker 6: Was glad that there was no preservatives did make you feel better.
Speaker 2: But it was quite crisp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is crisp, but I'm told it's totally different.
Speaker 5: It's a bit of a wank.
Speaker 2: No it is. I thought it was a wank when I used to see the tanks in pubs. I'm like, that's a wank but it's not. So do you ask the question when you go to a pub.
Speaker 4: Only drink I'm a tank guy. Oh it's yours from a keg?
Speaker 5: Guy, shan't be drinking in this watering all.
Speaker 4: I'm a tank guy.
Speaker 6: I mean it's cut and draft.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: But until where were you with the tank?
Speaker 2: Dingley Hotel, Dingy Yeah, wow, Ingy Hotels.
Speaker 4: Get down there Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Again without the voice.
Speaker 5: So did you say I want one from the keg? One from the tank, and then I'm going.
Speaker 6: To should have done an Instagram video?
Speaker 4: Well you blind tasting, you know what you can get stuck Melbourn's bet tanky Friday Day.
Speaker 2: I said to the bartender behind the bar, what's the go with the wanky tank?
Speaker 4: And and then he's.
Speaker 2: Like he may try it. So then he poured out little bits for me to try and I was like, that's totally different.
Speaker 5: And then you said I'm a wank tank.
Speaker 2: Take a guy out.
Speaker 1: Let me take you to Marvel Stadium last night, Jase, because could turn out crab was it was not bad? The Doggies up against the Swaneyes, now this.
Speaker 5: Was I would have been backing for the Dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We won the swaneys By by a lot by about ten goals plass.
Speaker 6: It was interesting because it.
Speaker 1: Was a reunion of sorts ten years since the Western Bulldogs won that breakthrough premiership back in twenty six.
Speaker 4: Oh my god remember that. It was at the mcg in a bulldog scarf.
Speaker 1: Love because on Grand Final day you are Lauren's excellent because she always comes up with merchandise.
Speaker 6: She always buys scarves, so you know, if.
Speaker 5: You're going and you're a footy scarf to that, yeah.
Speaker 2: You're just a merch girl. When the super you must.
Speaker 6: Have a big merch cover very round.
Speaker 4: But like my stepdad back to the Bulldox, I was like, well I'm on the Bulldogs. I do have a bulldog scaff I've got a Brisbane scarf because pauls from Brisbane. Obviously, I've got Richmond that's my team. I've got Melbourne because that's my second team.
Speaker 2: Have you got a dress up box?
Speaker 4: Oh that's seven stories hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a strong dress up I think they're contrasting dress up boxes though, aren't they do? Your yours are like costumes? Yeah, hers, the more I think yours would be more merch.
Speaker 4: No, oh no, I've got them and the dresser. When I lived in Barron Bay, people loved like every party was like it's a green party. Oh, this one's a rainbow party. Oh, this one's a katies party. Oh this one's a.
Speaker 2: Remember being around at Lawrence me dressed as a telltopic.
Speaker 5: He had there's a Tellytubby in my backyard Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just never know, never know what.
Speaker 2: And I checked my phone the next morning, I'm like, why am I?
Speaker 5: If anyone's got a themed party, I'm your girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, call me.
Speaker 5: I've got something for everyone.
Speaker 6: All right, So this is a Western Bulldogs theme party. Last night I've got staff celebrating their twenty sixteen premiership.
Speaker 1: Some great sort of flashbacks there, one of them. I love seeing Tom Boyd. Now we've spoken to Tom Boyd on this show about his mental health challenges and all the like.
Speaker 2: He was there, he was, he was there with all his mates.
Speaker 6: It was great to see.
Speaker 1: But then it sort of turned a ship for the Dogs because they're just so injured. They're so wounded, right, you know, poor Sam Darcy, who's the next big thing in the afl Luke Darcy's son. He's acl Yeah, he's probably he's potentially the best player in the competition.
Speaker 6: And also there was this frightening moment. Aaron Norton is a forward who plays for the Doggies. He went up for a grab and this happened.
Speaker 8: And he has knocked himself out. His eyes rolled, he hit the deck, but he's head righting. Rest quick to arrive and that is a horrific landing.
Speaker 2: Makes you feel sickened.
Speaker 1: He landed on his neck, so he's sort of up, and then his legs caught the back of his opponent, so he's twisted, so he almost did sort of like in the end he's okay, So Bevo thankfully assured us that you know, he's okay and bizarrely didn't show any concussion type symptoms, which was which was weird, and that the Swans did.
Speaker 2: As they pleased.
Speaker 6: They won by They won by ten goals.
Speaker 1: Tonight MC game the stand away.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, but Tigers might lift.
Speaker 6: To know, I think that it's not expected.
Speaker 1: I think that lift well over the line. I don't know, but shall we have a bed.
Speaker 4: No, because I'm feeling sure I'm happy.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to give you a.
Speaker 5: Ten goal lead.
Speaker 6: I'll give you five.
Speaker 4: What's so?
Speaker 2: What dinner okay? With on the other dinner with face plane of the other team.
Speaker 5: Because it's not a Jason Hawks.
Speaker 4: But this is adult to add.
Speaker 6: What's your what's your what's your favorite?
Speaker 2: The man?
Speaker 5: I mean we should we go go somewhere expinning, because.
Speaker 4: No, I won't.
Speaker 2: We can do now, what's the what's the fancy buffet? Crown, the conservatory? We'd like to lock in the would we rack the ribs?
Speaker 6: Left? And so? Five goals?
Speaker 2: You know, five goals?
Speaker 4: What happens if Richmond win but Richmond lose by four goals, I still win. That's the great game.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the ribs down, just go on twenty coming to Yeah, I'm part of the bet.
Speaker 4: So you win either way you want. You're a Richmond, you have to split the bills.
Speaker 2: Now I'm on team Ribs. I'm going to check your run away the last thing you come on the rib it's a bit of a flashback.
Speaker 1: In today's paper, Susy O'Brien Calmness at the Herald Sun reflects on what school was like for us in the nineteen eighties, and nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: I was not at school in the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 2: And I said that in the nineteen nineties. Yeah, you didn't just scrape.
Speaker 4: I'm born in eighty.
Speaker 6: Seven, Jason is there in the seventies.
Speaker 2: I was not smart.
Speaker 4: What you did you start school six?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, No, would have been eighty eight. I was eighty eight too, I think, yeah, play to puts to share the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: So, and it's funny because I remember these sort of like your teachers would duck out for a durry.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that.
Speaker 6: Yes, in the.
Speaker 2: Car, mister Kesler used to go and grab a durry. He would be on lunchtime patrol. Right. We would see him leaving his van before lunchtime, and then he would come back. Yeah, he had a van and he'd come back and then he'd be on like playground Judy and he would re reek of a pack of darts and he would sit there eating a cave c dinner box well, watching all the kids playing.
Speaker 5: We're like, oh, man, that's like did he live in the van? It was like a combya.
Speaker 2: In hindsight, Kesler lived in the.
Speaker 4: Van, smoked and lived in the van.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, what a tease. We're sitting here on the jungle gym and you're eating a two piece of feed from CAFC. That smell was just waffed, you know what.
Speaker 1: Teachers also the way they discipline kids and look it's I'm not talking, you know.
Speaker 6: In your strap the cane on the strap. But they would sort of shout at you, you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, you know, and they not shout anymore.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no no. That they had there's full interview processes.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. If you like, I've picked up one of my boys from daycare before and apparently you bit another child And I said, I hope you ripped into him. They're like, no, we can't. They said, we took him over to a different play area and said, why don't you play with these toys now.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's a reward for biting. I'm like, no, no, sit in the naughty corner. Did they still get detention? I have to sit in a classroom on their own a lunchtime?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 5: I hope so, because that was what about Saturday?
Speaker 2: What about.
Speaker 6: On Saturday?
Speaker 4: But if you got yeah, yeah, yeah, week you got a weekday lunch time attention, and then the upgrade from that was a Saturday.
Speaker 6: I thought it was the staffter school detention.
Speaker 5: There was lunchtime after school and then a Saturday.
Speaker 2: Wow did you copy Saturday? What did you do? Do you remember? Did you burnt down one of the wings of school?
Speaker 4: I was, I was a pretty good kid, but I no. Maybe it was my brother that Moore had Saturday.
Speaker 1: It was shocking or okay, well, how this speaking of rogue teachers. So the high school I went to and I was in I think it was in year ten, and me and a few of the boys were duck over the Century City Lauren in Kingsway. Remember they had the they had the Village Cinemas there, and they also had they also had the tabaret.
Speaker 5: They had the airstream cafe.
Speaker 6: You know, it was a great complex.
Speaker 1: We duck out and poke Pokey's and they had the tab.
Speaker 4: Right Centry City Village Cinema. I thought was the fanciest thing on God's.
Speaker 1: Amazing, amazing. So we changed clothes from our school uniforms into our casual clothes because it was a big race day, midweek race day. So when we went across and we got into the tabret, because they didn't ever check out either. Heaven forbid. Tab tabaret, it's like a club.
Speaker 6: They it's called a club.
Speaker 5: Had a A B, A T A B cross with cabaret girls.
Speaker 1: Dancing just basically it was poky. It was pokey anyway. So we went to the tab and we were punting in our in our playing clothes, and then one of the teachers comes in and it wasn't marching us out.
Speaker 6: He said, who you on? Boy's got any tips? Anyway, that teacher went on to become a very high ranking official at.
Speaker 4: The schools, a principal.
Speaker 6: He scaled the heights very quickly. Anyway, we had a great.
Speaker 4: D teachers were a while back. We looked we had one teacher, mister Mason, who's English teacher, who was part time English teacher, part time.
Speaker 2: DJ oh, that's cool. We're pretty much we're pretty sure our pe teacher was a dancer on the weekends. What do you mean like he.
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: This is just in your strong none of your schoolboy dreams. Note. We were pretty sure. We'd heard from we heard from someone's uncle that he recognized that's her.
Speaker 5: Well, they're not paying the teachers enough, obviously.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Do you know my high school pe teacher?
Speaker 4: Where are they now?
Speaker 1: She?
Speaker 4: Where are they? Where is mister Mason? Where's the old mister? No tabaret?
Speaker 6: She's one of those low rent ones.
Speaker 5: What was their name?
Speaker 2: No coins? Now?
Speaker 5: What was their Yeah?
Speaker 6: That's she was in Queensland.
Speaker 2: Missus Palmer.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Was it was missus Palmas.
Speaker 5: Oh no it was it.
Speaker 4: It was that is made?
Speaker 2: Where to God? It was missus Palmer Thurney. Twenty four ten is our number?
Speaker 5: Missus Palmer?
Speaker 4: Where a joke about that?
Speaker 2: We're talking teachers back in the day? How wild did they get? Are you right?
Speaker 4: That's the joke? You saw?
Speaker 2: What was that hand?
Speaker 5: Just Missus Palmer?
Speaker 4: Get them all out there doing it.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's impressed with the teachings. Thirteen is our I'm not.
Speaker 4: Missus Okay, you all just called the Dan City teacher.
Speaker 2: We are looking for your wild teacher stories. Yeah, how while we your teacher back in the day? Hang on in return, how about this? I got a little staycation up for grabs Oakwood Premiere dine Staycation.
Speaker 1: Yep, are you a teacher? And are you still a little bit wild? Is there something that you want.
Speaker 4: To get first.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty fourteen, I want to win a staycation of Oakwood Premiere. Give us a ring now and tell us here back in the day teacher stories, Fan's joy a Reptor five to seven Here on Nova you are on the air with Jason Lawren. Clint's here as well. Big Night at the g Tonight Tigers take on the D's more on the footy coming up very soon.
Speaker 1: Right now, though, we are talking wild teachers memories of the eighties and nineties or maybe today yep, on thirteen twenty four to ten to join us, like Claire has from Alternate Good Claire, good morning.
Speaker 5: Who is your wild teacher?
Speaker 9: My wild teacher was mister Strata. He lost his temper with some boys at the back of the class when I was in high school, and he threw a cricket ball towards them and smashed the window behind them.
Speaker 5: You couldn't get away with that now, mister Strata.
Speaker 4: But now then, as long as it didn't hit kids, to just sit the windows.
Speaker 2: You know, as got a breaking.
Speaker 4: Point, did mister Strata retain his job?
Speaker 9: We didn't see him for a little while. I don't know really what happened after Maybe he went to anger management classes and I'm on his side.
Speaker 2: Breakdown would have been doing.
Speaker 6: But also kids were wild. The I don't remember in French.
Speaker 1: If we're halfway through a French class, we used to climb out windows which actually opened.
Speaker 6: The and we need to climb out. God say things had.
Speaker 2: Nobody were school captain.
Speaker 6: I eventually graduated school.
Speaker 4: Tap we had for our crap at the German teacher for our crapt and she used to climb out the windows in her classes. She had no idea. She always wore happy pants, bright colored, kind of hippy, happy pot on. She hated all of us. I don't think there's one.
Speaker 3: Our teacher was very creative.
Speaker 2: You could climb out the window. She wouldn't even know you were there.
Speaker 6: She was in the card bark smoke.
Speaker 5: Oh, she was in the van with your other teacher, mister Kessler smoke.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 5: Rachel from lily Dale, good morning, you had a wild teacher.
Speaker 10: Good morning guys. Yeah, we had Damian Powell from the fantism.
Speaker 11: Stop Hold the drug, Hold the drug of Old The drug did kill of the Phoenix.
Speaker 2: What a banger that was your teacher?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was an English teacher at our.
Speaker 5: School, and how was his teacher?
Speaker 10: Well, they all wear masks, so no one knew who the band members were back then.
Speaker 5: So how did you work it out?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: Everyone knew.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: He was also heavily involved in the drama and music program as well.
Speaker 5: Play that again, please shout shut.
Speaker 2: On the drug, On the drug, On the drug, The Kill of the Phoenix.
Speaker 5: Did you sing that to him in your English classes?
Speaker 10: I think that one came out after I had left. Yeah, it was definitely a well kept secret that everybody knew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Melbourne well known.
Speaker 10: Now, yeah, he's very well known.
Speaker 2: So I didn't get him to perform at the school fate, No, that would have been a good one. Absolutely. Tombola stores getting to work out. We're going to do the raffles soon. But please welcome mister Smith cut on the drug, On the Drug, On the drug, the Kill, re of the Phoenix. Well, good morning, Melbourne and welcome to your Friday, A huge weekend ahead, a very special night tonight at the mcg Tigers taking on the.
Speaker 4: D's and Zach Eve. It's my favorite game of the year v Lauren.
Speaker 1: It's more than just footy though, because the commemoration is something to behold. It's it's it's spine tingling, it's it's an emotional night.
Speaker 2: Later on this hour we're going to be drawn by Captain Jeremy Smith. This man has the honor of lighting the eternal flame tonight the g all eyes will be on him.
Speaker 4: It's such a special moment when when that flame goes around the MCG you can hear a pin drop in there. It's it's just beautiful.
Speaker 2: They didn't marvel last night. It looked incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's all.
Speaker 5: Do anzac day very well.
Speaker 2: Speaking which any opening saturdafternoon, join me Corfield oursel.
Speaker 5: I sha'n't be coming.
Speaker 2: No, what do you?
Speaker 6: What do you?
Speaker 2: What are you going on again?
Speaker 4: I've got I've got an day plans, just not with you.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you make him up.
Speaker 4: No, I've actually got the in laws in town, sister in law coming down from Bruzzy.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: I we'll be going to the shrine in the morning for the dawn, sir.
Speaker 2: Yes, whether it'll be great for that and.
Speaker 4: Having a little maparochi in the afternoons. I've been up early, fantastic late night to early morning tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm making Anzac biscuits with my nothing, with my family and friends.
Speaker 2: I'm going to come and pick you up.
Speaker 5: Which friends I didn't get Inodah?
Speaker 2: What friends? Well, you can come if you like.
Speaker 4: I'm busy.
Speaker 5: I've got the in laws actually.
Speaker 6: Because I'm following my NaN's recipe.
Speaker 4: I'll pick you up a mid dwn and may she rest in peace. We're making NaN's and Zac biscuits.
Speaker 2: I'll be at your place at twelve. I'll beat the horn.
Speaker 6: I'm just going to find the recipe, get the ingredients, all right. Anyway, how are you going with your campaign to get people to the great.
Speaker 4: Not many people do not have anyone to go with. Why do you keep asking us?
Speaker 6: I have listened to this. This went down on our five thirty shirt. Good morning, bo.
Speaker 2: What do you do on Saturday? Corfield Rosel? If you came out very good? He doesn't want to come Victoria on Saturday afternoon? Cornfield Rosel?
Speaker 4: What do you have to I'm not going to.
Speaker 6: Shanity killed. You've got a big weekend. What's on birthday?
Speaker 2: Can you pitch the corefield? Ourself and the girls and big keeper? So okay, kids now we're playing to it. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: You're slides now. This is nothing against the corefield, RSL. It's a wonderful day there. It's just no one wants to go with Jacks, So do you not have anyone to go with?
Speaker 5: I'm just are you going?
Speaker 6: What about Pokemons?
Speaker 2: Pokemon?
Speaker 4: So he works for the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Exhausted, who are you going with? The family will come down and then Lou's going to head off with Archie when the game starts, So I'll stay with the boys. I'm just it was like anti dam.
Speaker 4: It's getting embarrassing. Okay, you're starting it's starting to sound desperate.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: I can get much more desperate than these.
Speaker 6: You know, chie have an experience as well.
Speaker 2: I know the four year old teach him young, No, I know, but he wake give the coins back after tour he gets a bit violent, somber home wrecker. Good morning, Melbourne, this is number one hundred. We're on their thanks her mates. It shall already express and remember after eight this morning because the weather is going to be incredible today tops to twenty four. We're going for blue sky Sunshine twenty six tomorrow at eight o'clock we're leaving the studio. We're going to go down to the Tan and we're going to do something that requires a lot of courage.
Speaker 5: Well down on the Yarrow, on the banks of the river.
Speaker 2: We're going to eat off the public barbecue.
Speaker 5: Well, we're going to We've got people down there cleaning it all clean.
Speaker 2: We've been scrubbing all morning. I text barbecue showering the cleaner. She sent me some tips.
Speaker 5: You told me she wasn't a cleaner, he said, she was the repair woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, barbecue are tips. You're on vinegar?
Speaker 5: Really vinegar?
Speaker 4: Is that its.
Speaker 2: Vinegar and steam? Yeah, you can get those little steps like, oh.
Speaker 5: We have one of those down there cleaning.
Speaker 1: It's funny because people say that, sorry, people say. Instagram tells me that a big chunk of ice is often the best way to clean such an appliance.
Speaker 2: I said, just name. My dad said, just pour half a beer on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I reckon. My dad said something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're down there soon after eight o'clock. If you walk to the ten this morning, swing past a little barbecue, grab a bacon egg. Little question question, do we flip the eggs or are they all?
Speaker 4: I like them flipped?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a little bit of over easy, a little bit of ver easy.
Speaker 2: I like it over easy easy?
Speaker 4: Do we say?
Speaker 5: We don't say I'm easy here, do we?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love a fried egg, Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't give me a bustard one. I want a yolk, like when they just say bust the yolk. Yeah, bloody.
Speaker 4: You like a running yoak? I like to cook through?
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't like it running fully cooked through.
Speaker 6: I don't care how it comes, it's going to be. And a bit of barbe you sauce.
Speaker 4: Let's do it Melbourne?
Speaker 5: Okay, when are we going?
Speaker 2: It's like a more tangy bar.
Speaker 4: If you're listening to this, we're not just like teasing you. We are actually going down to the error because we're just going to enjoy. Like, look at that glorious.
Speaker 1: Melbourne summer, Lauren, and we're here for us. We're celebrating Melbourne, the never ending summer.
Speaker 2: The budget smoke was packed, Okay, summer.
Speaker 5: Clinton's pretty.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: You like that, Bunda, you.
Speaker 2: Really like that.
Speaker 5: We're going down to cousin speech over there summer.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about dating. It has been a while since I've been on a date. Not going to lie, although did you do the apps?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 5: I really feel like I missed.
Speaker 2: Out though my chat.
Speaker 4: I think I would have got work.
Speaker 5: I reckon I would have had good chat on the apps?
Speaker 2: Is you I reckon? Some people good chat and terrible in person, but vice versa.
Speaker 5: Oh some people go behind a screen. Yeah, No, I never on the apps.
Speaker 4: I did have a single period during the app era, but I was never honest.
Speaker 6: Not on Raya.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: I joined Raya once for a few days. What was Venus Williams on ray during the austral and open?
Speaker 2: What will be your opening line? Right? So if your match?
Speaker 6: Well, I think here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know because I've been on what but apparently apparently not on any of them? Now, what are the apps you're able to leave? Is it videos or audio?
Speaker 2: Audio?
Speaker 6: Like that's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: You can leave the open to the news.
Speaker 5: Oh, run away with a Rayer update.
Speaker 6: Here shocking news single.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to know what you think about this. So a woman has gone thirty three year old woman has gone on a date, met someone on an app, They went on a date, they decided to go do a breakfast.
Speaker 5: That's quite common.
Speaker 4: You know what else?
Speaker 2: Like the cop.
Speaker 6: It's cute branch or a walk like.
Speaker 5: A coffee a walk. Yeah, it's kind of cute too.
Speaker 2: Not the movies, never do it.
Speaker 4: I don't think i'd like a breakfast. I know this is probably you're not supposed to say this. I think i'd need a drink on a blind day first. I need to go a wine bar or something. It might be frowned upon. If they said let's meet at seven o'clock on Saturday morning and I was like, oh, shut yea, So I'm not sure. Breakfast date, bread, flag, flag.
Speaker 6: I think this girl's a keeper.
Speaker 4: I'd go on mimosa. I'd go breakfast or a Bloody Mary breakfast cocktail. Anyway, they went for breakfast. He followed up after the breakfast saying would you like to meet again sometime? And I think she's been very polite and said I think you're a great guy. Unfortunately I didn't feel the connection though, and then he replied, that's all right, please transfer me the.
Speaker 5: Thirty eight dollars for that breakfast.
Speaker 4: No, we're not doing that's a thirty eight dollars.
Speaker 2: A lot of sides, A lot of sides.
Speaker 4: Nah, A green juice and a piece of toast to cost you thirty eight bucks.
Speaker 5: He says, that's not on.
Speaker 1: It's the Blakes, but first date Blakes should pick up the tabric holders of who it is or what sort of success.
Speaker 4: Do you know a lot of girl friends who I like that, I like, I like being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot of it.
Speaker 4: But I know a lot of people on first states do like like females like splitting the bill as well, and it's just less kind of commitment, less awkward fifty to fifty. But once the deal is done and you've left the venue.
Speaker 2: That bill is, you can't be backtracking.
Speaker 5: You can't then ask for about when.
Speaker 2: The bill comes up, I would like them to offer to split it.
Speaker 4: Let's go half.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. But if she just pushes the bill over my way, I'm like, I'm not a parking meter. Yeah, what my parking meter?
Speaker 5: I'm not just I'm not a parking meter?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Like, like, I'm just not it's a bad example.
Speaker 4: Did you just make that up? I've never in all of my days someone's say I'm not a parking Do you mean I'm not an ATM?
Speaker 2: I'd I'm not an ATM. Yeah, I'm not an ATM.
Speaker 4: Lawrence, I'm not a parking mad. I'd be like, you know what, I'm not on this date anymore. So yeah, shout.
Speaker 6: And then you get on the phone.
Speaker 4: Do you go, it's just classic nicking on a date. I'm not a parking meter.
Speaker 1: You'd be like, I went out on a date with his ranger guy and he said a parking meter. I mean, seriously, I couldn't run fast.
Speaker 4: But that's not a saying at all. Has anyone ever heard.
Speaker 2: That stuff on the show? And you would listen to me? And then the one time I really put my foot in it, you stop down and go back.
Speaker 4: Did you just say, I'm not a parking meter anyway? He's not an ATM. I mean the bill, you're not my sponsor child. We're on a date. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 6: That's it the bill situation. What's even better is if you can get it before the bill arrives.
Speaker 1: At the table you're going to toilet, you know, and then on the way to the bill, and then the bill comes and then you know, I've got already.
Speaker 5: Chicks love that. It's not showy, You're not being a show off.
Speaker 2: A little bit of humor at the end of the day. Just get I'm jo don't have a.
Speaker 6: Paid quick nois that's like the parking minute.
Speaker 4: No one likes that.
Speaker 5: Chicks don't like that.
Speaker 4: Run don't run lucky, You're not a park.
Speaker 6: Okay, So the question, the question was asked, is at what point, at what point on the date did you know it was over?
Speaker 2: I did say it was that point.
Speaker 4: What's the worst gag someone's to show up?
Speaker 2: Thirteen is our number? In return, not a parking I've got a lunch on the Sorrento. Sorrento is a new overs the bill.
Speaker 5: We are good spot for a date.
Speaker 2: Serrento's brand you Overwater Restaurant on Port Phillip Bay thirteen, twenty four ten. What was the exact moment you're on a date and that exact moment you went.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, no is this is not for me?
Speaker 2: Cold Play? Oh and the chain Smokers.
Speaker 6: My god, I can't forget the chain Smokers.
Speaker 2: So hot, so hot?
Speaker 5: I mean he was handsome, he's handsome. I have no idea what his name is.
Speaker 2: Never stand next to Lauren Phillips at a chain Smoker's concert, that's what.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe it was because I was standing next to you that I found him so handsome.
Speaker 5: Have you thought about that?
Speaker 2: Right across Melbourne, this is Nova. You're on the air with Jason Lauren clent here two and after eight we're going to be live from the bank, so they are. That's right, getting an early spot for the bird Man rally. We're going to be cooking up free brecky along.
Speaker 5: The That's a good one. I hate the bird Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, the murmur Masters, Oh the water that I love the water. Now, before you ask, they don't do the human pyramid on water skis. I used to, but they do the jumps.
Speaker 4: They used to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm not a bad on a kneeboard, okay, like a wakeboard. No kneboard.
Speaker 5: That's like for people who can't water. Just hold on, like that's.
Speaker 6: The entry level.
Speaker 2: It's a gateway to waters.
Speaker 4: Gate, but you never you never made it through game, pass through the gates, got your l's and never got your pea star.
Speaker 2: Have you need board?
Speaker 4: I have? Do you know Once upon a time I went to like an it was like a wakeboard park and you like, hold on and it goes around into the Morning's not on a boat.
Speaker 2: I think I've seen that. Yeah, the one on the way to morning t and they got the course as well.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I reckon. I was like nine when I was there. I don't think there was the obstacle course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they've got the high ropes.
Speaker 4: It was sort of a bit. It's probably it's probably got better since I was there in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Hey, fourteen number, we are talking what was the exact moment? You're on a day and you knew the.
Speaker 6: Day was done, So this is like a penny drop moment, is it?
Speaker 4: My friend was on a date and the guy and at our age just happens said, oh, I've got a little boy, and she was like, that's cool, that's fine. And about fifteen minutes later he revealed the little boy was his pet cat, and she was, see your mate, what Nicholls?
Speaker 6: He calls no, no, no.
Speaker 4: No, because she was asking what he's into hanging out with my little boy.
Speaker 6: You can't be doing that, and.
Speaker 4: She was like, I am out of here, Mandy and his little boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, man, Eliza, when did you know Mandy? The what was the exact moment went there? This day we had in the future, so.
Speaker 14: I was set up on this date and so already a little bit nervous, so I suppose it was. There was a few moments when he ordered a hot chocolate and.
Speaker 4: That would to me what time of day?
Speaker 6: And was there a marshallow?
Speaker 4: Did he call it a hot chopping listen?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, probably there was. There was a few things. So not only did he order a hot chocolate, then I had to pay for him yep.
Speaker 4: And okay, so it was a.
Speaker 14: Really really hot day. It was a scorching forty degree day.
Speaker 4: It's still got to not even a nicety.
Speaker 14: So we sat outside and he kindly decided to sit in the shade whilst I sat in the scorching sun and then melting.
Speaker 5: Well, he needed to be in the shade because he was drinking a hot.
Speaker 14: Chok oh, I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awful hot chocolate.
Speaker 4: And then what happened is a hard Oh.
Speaker 14: I couldn't last long. I was absolutely melty, wounded up very quickly and I.
Speaker 9: Was out of there.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, one hot Chocolate's enough for me?
Speaker 2: By you a hot chocolate girl, Good morning. Did he did he nail the park?
Speaker 5: What happened and the handbrakes on?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: What was the final nail in the coffin of.
Speaker 9: The date Okay.
Speaker 15: It was back in secondary school, so we're young, and was gone into the city and he took me into Allan's music store you remember those, yep, and played me a composition on the.
Speaker 2: Piano, like Beethoven or something, you know, his own, and yeah, that was it.
Speaker 4: It was like, no, it was his own.
Speaker 5: It didn't go with like a famous song.
Speaker 4: He created something.
Speaker 15: For I went that after many years.
Speaker 4: Were so embarrassed as like a public display in the shop.
Speaker 2: You mind that keyboard? Certain, No, I'm just playing her this song.
Speaker 4: I'm just on a first date and I thought i'd serenade he here in the Allen's on Colin Street.
Speaker 2: No, I think of rather hot chocolate forty degree.
Speaker 6: Hey Mandy, Hey, guys, when did you know it was over?
Speaker 12: Well, the guy took me to a restaurant in Morington and his ex girlfriend was our waitress.
Speaker 4: No, did he know she worked there?
Speaker 2: Of course he did.
Speaker 12: Oh, he definitely knew. He one hundred percent knew. And the funny thing was we'd already ordered, you know, drinks and stuff, so I had to kind of sit there and finish my drink and then after that I made the you know, the quick exit paid for the drink. Left, and then I found out a couple of weeks later they'd actually got back together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, heat that you're revenge a revenge date.
Speaker 5: You were a pool in that game?
Speaker 4: Man? Did he shout the drinks?
Speaker 12: At least I just paid my own drink. I did like what Clip was saying before. And you know, you speak off and you go pay.
Speaker 2: For my drink and.
Speaker 4: You yeah, no, that's not fair. He's taken advantage of you there, and then you had to pay for.
Speaker 2: Your own drink.
Speaker 6: Mandy, what was she like?
Speaker 12: Oh, she wasn't as good as me.
Speaker 2: Of course, now you know the moment I knew I was on on ill.
Speaker 4: I hated the way you said that. I don't the way he raised his eyebrows.
Speaker 2: I was on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 6: I'm not a parking meter.
Speaker 2: You look at You'll say, I'm looking into it too much. I'd go into the bathroom. We're sitting. We're sitting opposite each other at the dining room, Cable, were you at home at the table at the restaurant it was like Kingsley Steakhouse or something in Brisbane right overlooking at the Brown Brisbane River, sitting you're just gonna go on.
Speaker 5: How did you know you were on?
Speaker 2: We were sitting opposite each other and then I'd gone to the bathroom and when i'd come back, she's gone.
Speaker 5: She disappeared. I thought she's doing a magic trick to imp.
Speaker 2: Well. Good morning, Melbourne, welcome to your Friday. Very special night MCG tonight sell.
Speaker 1: Out, No, no, it won't sellout, but there'll be sort of sixty or seventy thousand there, I'd say.
Speaker 2: Very special. Honor Our guest coming up has he is lighting the eternal flame tonight We're going to be chatting with Captain Jeremy Smith the anti Kiev match.
Speaker 5: It just it's it's a special.
Speaker 6: Night at the G something extraordinary.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And tomorrow is Anzac Day of course, sparkling weather for it. Get out and support our an sacks and have great time if you go onto the footy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Like I said, we'll catch up with Captain Jeremy Smith very soon or got five k question on the way.
Speaker 4: Coming up next. I told you my sister in law had a situation. She's in a cast, which means I've had to step up and I am on Auntie Judy for the next little while and I had to do something that I didn't realize. All the mums and dads had to tackle.
Speaker 2: We'll go there next.
Speaker 4: Guys. You may recall earlier this week I was telling you that my poor sister in law, Steph, who I adore.
Speaker 6: I'm not funny.
Speaker 4: But she's she's she's cut. She's had to have plus because she had a knife incident while opening a kid's toy cut.
Speaker 5: Her thumb was basically hanging on.
Speaker 6: She have to go under.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I had to retouch the tendons and think of plastic surgeron like her was pretty much hanging on by the skin.
Speaker 2: My mum broke her attendant when she was like in her sixties, and she just never got it fixed. But it was the bird finger.
Speaker 4: So did it say stiff?
Speaker 2: Stiff? She couldn't end it was so when she was driving around just always the clatch was flipping the bird.
Speaker 4: That could have been stuff it comes on, except it was flopping. So we've been life comes down. So she's got a castle on that hand. Anyway, she tried to do something with the other hands and she damaged her finger on the other hand, and her finger is now in plaster. On the other hand, it's a diabolical mess. She got a two year old, my beautiful niece, Cissy, who is in daycare, obviously stepping up the daycare hours.
Speaker 6: Because she's double.
Speaker 4: Mary left hand doesn't buy on a garment looks like and the right finger it's just the finger but my knees is it daycare? And they walk her to them from daycare in her pram. But it's hard to push the pram because it's hard to control up and downhills with one hand and only three fingers because one fingers in place, you need.
Speaker 2: A double prep and step in the prem.
Speaker 4: Seriously, so I've been asked to help on kinder pick up, not even Kindo's daycare.
Speaker 1: Basis Welcome to the club, what oh.
Speaker 4: My good, gollie gosh I get there. There's also what are you parents doing? There's a huge sign saying please fold your prams down. I walk into this cupboard and it looks like where prams go to die. There's I reckon one hundred prams, one hundred bugaboos, and they all look look at this pram graveyard. They all look the same. So I'm like, which one is it? She goes it's the one with a pink water bottle.
Speaker 6: I'm like, Sish, so it's your park and ride.
Speaker 2: Duhe will they leave?
Speaker 4: They put the pram they obviously I don't know. Is this what parents are doing? You drop the child, you put the pram in the cupboard thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, like if I can leave the pram there, I'll leave it there and then.
Speaker 4: You pick the kid up and you put it. But the prams it's like a It's like a jigsaw. You've got to get to get them, to get twenty out, to get hers out.
Speaker 2: Try getting the kid in the car at Westfield, put the shopping in the back packing down the pram, all while Jerry's sitting there with his indicator on wanting you to pay.
Speaker 4: That's fine, Jerry, can wait. This is the worst system. Why they need parking lots for the prams in there?
Speaker 2: Sorry, are you suggesting ballet a day?
Speaker 5: I mean that would be ideal, you want pram ballet?
Speaker 4: I have never in my life seen the prim situation like that. Are you in prime territory when you pick up your.
Speaker 1: F you there's yeah, with with Olie sort of if I have to get him from preschool, but thankful Eglio's now in prep so there's not the need for prams.
Speaker 6: It's more scooters.
Speaker 5: Scooter kids as.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and then you've got to the a two year old. You're gonna take in the basketball, don't basketball. We've got balls rolling around in the booth. The carp's got the balls rolling around.
Speaker 6: We've also got chain of clothes, We've got all that sort of stuff, all that the as the mums, well, we've had school holidays, so they'll be itching for it.
Speaker 4: That is absolutely felt. Well, you think they're counting down the school holiday days until they get.
Speaker 6: To stay lower up, it's this afternoon, So report back on that.
Speaker 4: You reckon.
Speaker 5: They're going to be itching to see you.
Speaker 2: What do you do on the holidays?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: What you reckon? They'll be itaching for small talk with you. Oh that is so foul foul town Louisiana. That's what I'm calling anyway, parents, I feel for you getting those bloody strollers out.
Speaker 2: And I feel for the mums that have to deal with this afternoon.
Speaker 4: I can't even think about it.
Speaker 2: Guys, very very special weekend ahead and I strongly urge people to get out attended dawn service swing past an RSL, have a chat with men and men who have served for this country. We are joined by Captain Jeremy Smith this morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, sa No, thank you very much for having me. It's a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much for coming in. First of all, it is and Zach Day on Saturday. What does a Zac Day mean.
Speaker 3: To you so much?
Speaker 16: I think as a veteran, it's a day just to take pause and reflect on those times that we spent together in the military. But also those people have sacrificed all and everyone's sacrificed something for their volunteering for their country, both people that I've known and people perform my time as well.
Speaker 1: So when you reflect, do you obviously reflect with pride and by the way, thank you for your service, and we'll get to that shortly, But do you also reflect with with a heavy heart and remember clearly mates that have fallen.
Speaker 16: Yeah, definitely, And it's not just and my story is more so. And I did three deployments over my time in the military, but it's those that are not with us post their military times. Obviously had two friends have taken their own life, which I've had to do eulogies for which wouldn't wish on anyone through those experiences you see how many others have really been suffering in their post service time as well as those.
Speaker 3: Were actually physically injured during times of war.
Speaker 16: So they're the things that you often draw strong thoughts about, strong memories from. But it's just bringing that madship back, Like there will be guys you wouldn't have seen for twenty years that we serve with and it's like, I haven't skipped debate and it's amazing just that unity.
Speaker 3: Through those hardships, a strong relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were just twenty four when you were deployed to a rock. That is like just such a young man. Do you look at your life now and go, gosh, I was just a boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 16: So if you think about it, at the age of twenty four is in charge about forty soldiers and the movement of every Australian throughout back.
Speaker 2: That wow, twenty four four year old.
Speaker 16: So and we were incredibly well trained, incredibly well drilled, but at twenty four you just don't know, you haven't lived. Some of the stuff we did was stupid because you think you're just invincible. And I look back on it now, I said, you know, we'd drive past what we think is the roadside bomb and duck, which is dumb, like you shouldn't do that, but you know, we had a such a strong bondo and did some amazing stuff. I look upon that and just the I guess the opportunity that I've taken from my time in the military from that point, and I did so. I served in two than four was with part of what was called Security Attachment now made mission was providing security and support for Austrain embassy and at that time it was outside the Green Zone. So we were moving the stuff and we didn't know what the meetings were about. We just had to get them from a to be and we were taking people, you know, from the airport down the most dangerous road in the world at the time, Rude Irish into the Green zone, which was nuts, but we had everyone would wait for our vehicles to come and follow us in because our guys were so well drilled and so incredible. But you know, you saw rocket attacks, like with fifteen twenty rocket attacks a day. They'd use our building as an aiming point to get into the green zone, and all the coalition forces were When you first get there, you're diving for cover when you first hear it. Then after a while you realized which bombs were clos which ones weren't. Yeah, and I look back now to get that experience at such a younger ages has such a formative, formative part.
Speaker 5: Of your life and always with you, I imagine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah for you.
Speaker 1: You know, some of your worst experiences when you got home. Yeah, and your mates just tell us something. It's so to it can be so to do. It shouldn't be taboo. But no suicide in the armed forces. You know, you've lost two of your great mates.
Speaker 3: And it's a and I think that's why.
Speaker 16: And like you said, it is taboo, but it's unfortunately so common and not just in the military, but I think in general life, but military instance a lot higher. But it's something that should be spoken about. And Australian men in general, but particularly veterans, are not great at asking for help. And that's sort of the message we're really trying to push out. There's so many great services out there. So they did a lot of work for Bravery Trust as an example, which is how I got the opportunity for the ns of Game and they provide and it's one of many organizations that's there to help. But the message I'd say to everyone just pick up the phone. Nothing's that bad in LifeLock. Through some of those experiences in the military, you actually see people that have got absolute disadvantage. They've had horrible upbringings that don't we don't sort of take for granted the privileged life we've got in Australia and they go through some difficulties but nothing stopping. You're picking up a phone and calling you mate if you are having times that are down.
Speaker 3: And that's where I really struggled. I guess most it's the what ifs.
Speaker 16: So my first friend that took his own life, the immediate thing was what could I have done?
Speaker 3: And it's not my fault.
Speaker 4: But that's so often the case, right, It's the people that are left behind that feel like they're the ones who are who could have made a difference. Yeah, it's also it's not always the case, but there is so much that I think people aware of their own responsibility to their mates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And can I ask your advice.
Speaker 2: Just going into endxact day this weekend, a lot of people will be at RSLs. We say, you know, go and speak to servicemen and women. What should we ask how do's what's the appropriate way for us to pay our respect?
Speaker 3: Great question. I think it's just thank you for your service.
Speaker 16: And it's not just the veterans, it's their families as well, because the sacrifices that the families make is massive, because they're losing their support network for their own families and deal with the stress of everything. But just thank them for the service. And everyone has a different way of approaching it. But some people want to have a chat about it and will be really open. Others won't because of their experiences, but you give them the opportunity. But if just saying thank you, it means so much because you often don't, particularly in Melbourne where it's not a big defense community, you don't hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really two part, isn't it.
Speaker 6: It's you know, remembering those that have fallen, but also celebrating and giving thanks for the service.
Speaker 4: Anzac Day is a huge day on Saturday. But tonight you will be at the MCG and you have been asked to light the Eternal flame at the Anzac Eve game. It is I find the Anzac Eve ceremony at the MCG one of the most moving five minutes of the year. It's extraordinary. How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Incredibly nervous?
Speaker 16: I've only I don't have to do much except light the flame, but like you said, in an absolute honor, and it's not about me. It's about the message for being the representative of all the veterans and their families past and present.
Speaker 3: To be able to do that.
Speaker 16: And I think it brings just the silence they have that many people. Yeah, it's the one event, whether it's ANZAC Eve or the Anzac Day game, that I've never been anywhere with that many people where they're actually truly focused. And here you hear a pin drop and that is just an amazing thing. When you hear the bugle sound and it's just incredible. So I can't wait. It's great to be able to share it with family and friends.
Speaker 2: I was about to say the family going to be there.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm a little bit worried about my six year old and three year olds about making about them, which is fair risk, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: There we go. Captain Jeremy Smith is joining us on the air. If you are heading along to the g tonight, are they ask you to be in your seats by six forty five. It's a huge honor. Congratulations on receiving it tonight. Thank you very much, and most importantly, thank you for your service mate.
Speaker 3: Thank you all much.
Speaker 2: One question question five thousand dollars please plas Yes, Cheese and Lawrence, five thousand dollar question. Let's do it. Our contestants today will be cheering on the tigers tonight. Benny from Abida, good morning, good morning. How are we are good? My friend always a scape?
Speaker 4: Hey, hey Ben, go tags go tigs.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next, got to keep the faith, big boy.
Speaker 4: Exactly two of us cheering for the tags tonight.
Speaker 6: Are you on the you're on the job site right now or in the car? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we just I wropped out to the job site now so we just started.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, let's see if we can win you some cast this morning.
Speaker 4: I believe you want to play for five hundred dollars.
Speaker 11: For five hundred dollars, we're also simple.
Speaker 2: Brother. You'll hear a question, you'll hear a three to two one. You need to answer within that three seconds. Okay, yeah, sound good? All right, here we go. Maybe stop setting up scaffolding so you focused. Yeah, no, no, you're right. Well wait, don't actually I'm not sure. We're worried about the person's going to stand on the scaffold.
Speaker 5: Put the tools down.
Speaker 6: Exactly ready, good luck?
Speaker 2: Okay for five hundred dollars.
Speaker 11: In The Big Bang theory, Penny is a waitress and it's rich restaurant three two one.
Speaker 4: Mama, we do safe. You don't know, guess and I think that was a guest. It's the cheese cake Factory. I don't watch it theory. Jace loves the cheesecake Factory.
Speaker 2: Never watch The Big Bank.
Speaker 4: It's Kayykko's character. She plays Penny Benny.
Speaker 2: Thanks for giving a crack mate.
Speaker 4: You get back to that scaffolding brother.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the tigers go better than you did tonight.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably not to be honest, but go tygs.
Speaker 2: You guys missed out? What on what cheesecake factory?
Speaker 4: I've been one hundred times.
Speaker 2: Incredible, isn't it? It's did you have a cheesecake? Yes?
Speaker 6: Is it the same as our cheesecake factory cheese cheesecake.
Speaker 2: We've just got a shop over there. That's a factory.
Speaker 5: Fun fact.
Speaker 4: I've never had a cheesecake at the cheesecake Sorry, I didn't have cheesecake, but.
Speaker 2: They sent those cheesecake balls in.
Speaker 6: I remember the paddle pops. No amazing.
Speaker 4: No, I've had cheesecake, but when I've been to the cheesecake factory in America, I've never had cheesecake for dinner and not had cheese. Oh no, where you ever lived had some wings or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, it's not called the wing factory.
Speaker 4: I've lived heapes, actually, like heaps more than you. Just because you've been the cheesecake factory for a five minute popping once for a photop with a sliced cheesecake, it's one of the same. I mean, you've done more living than me.
Speaker 2: Bro Right across Melbourne it is Ja and Lauren Clintyre as well. You are listening to No. One hundred Good Morning Melbourne. This is novera one hundred. It is just going twenty two past eight sausages.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. Whoever did that?
Speaker 2: It's not just sausages, egging bacon rolls as well. Guys, what an office we've got for a Friday morning Melbourne. You haven't never looked better.
Speaker 4: Honestly, we have taken the show to the great outdoors Melbourne we're sitting on the banks of the arrow. We just thought, you know what, this is Melbourne at its sparkling best. Let's get outside and soak up some of.
Speaker 1: Or a sausage in bread. Be sure that was a hard night had rejected.
Speaker 4: We just thought, why not fire up one of the barbies and do a little yarrow side barbecue in the sunshine to enjoy Melbourne's late summer that we're having to.
Speaker 2: See you what the scene right now just sums up our show. Lauren is currently on the hill sunbathing.
Speaker 4: Lying flat on my back and I am not moving.
Speaker 2: I'm the one cooking the barbecue on the tours and I'm the one taking the glory and Clint's hitting on the bloody Mum's out exercising off from a free snack.
Speaker 4: So far, he's zero from ten, so it's not going that well for him.
Speaker 2: Can also do a shout out to anyone breakfast that's a third rejection, anyone that used the council barbecue last time. They've left some dregs on the hot plate.
Speaker 5: Can I just from we've cleaned everything.
Speaker 4: You've definitely cleaned everything.
Speaker 2: Everything's clean, But there's the one next to me there's that little onion dregs.
Speaker 5: That's from we're trying to make this sound appealing you okay, apologize.
Speaker 2: Sorry, bacon eggs snags onions. Get down. We've got it all. We've got the onions. What a day for it, Melbourne. This is what people do when we're in the studio. They're out and running.
Speaker 4: Fun everyone.
Speaker 2: Last box of emotions.
Speaker 4: They're running, they're walking, they're catching up with our friends and we're stuck in that box with the tint on it or no tint, now tint.
Speaker 2: We did this all the time if it's sunny.
Speaker 4: Every sunny day, we're doing this from the bags of the Yarrow River.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What's your name? Julian? Julian? Who have you got here?
Speaker 6: In your now?
Speaker 2: What is this? This is a bike with a pram attached to it? Yes it is.
Speaker 17: It's a way of keeping fit that we were using the time or on your way to school in South Ara from Port Melbourne. We got here in the in the basket in the cave.
Speaker 2: Hello guys. Hi you have you all had breakfast? Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you want some more?
Speaker 4: No as well?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: Thanks for so hell maybe you should house Lauren.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's more of you, and I think I'm happy to be back a house. I'm not doing I'm not lifting a finger. I'm just lying on the picnic rugs, soaking up the sun, checking out the hot rollers.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh really right, Well you'll be happy to know Snags are ready.
Speaker 4: Can I just say, Jason, how the rollers know where to go when they're going backwards? How come they don't hit the bridges?
Speaker 2: Well? Like, honestly, they've got their back to it. I'm surprised and I just can't.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: We've got a customer. Good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning. How would you like some breakfast? Sure?
Speaker 1: What are you in the What are you in the market for a sausage in bread or a bacon and egg roll.
Speaker 2: I think it's sausage.
Speaker 1: What a delightful day it is, Snag in the morning said yesterday was a sweaty man.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 4: Loves a free bricky?
Speaker 2: Can I strongly advise you to make your way down here quickly because with these barbecues you can't actually turn them off, and the Snags is don tim Yeah, j No, nos Sell, get them while they're hot.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you sound like you work at a carnival.
Speaker 2: Well, this is where Mumur is.
Speaker 4: He's wearing showbags too.
Speaker 2: Up there, we've got a good seat showbags.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, what else are we doing on the show? Have you got anything else planned? Or we're just going to sit here in the sun.
Speaker 2: No, we'll continue with the show. We're live from the banks of the Yarrow this morning. Come and join us before we embark on our hot girl run.
Speaker 4: Do you know what? Come and join us before j seat's the two hundred sausages that he's forced our stuff to buy.
Speaker 2: I've moved on to the bacon and negroll. Thank you.
Speaker 4: He's on his second course.
Speaker 2: It's a workout all right round here, working out wonderful, Live from the banks of the Yarrow. Welcome your Friday morning.
Speaker 14: Ever on.
Speaker 2: The weather is going to be sensational, so get out and enjoy celebrating. Let's check your round to work and then on the other side of this, Oh, have I got an appropriate lights on sing a long song for you today? We'll get to an next Barbie girl. That is your lights on sing along song Melbourne.
Speaker 4: And lights off, headlights off Melbourne? What a banger good? I love a bit of aqua where we should do. Where are they now with aqua?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is that a grim response?
Speaker 2: I just although happened.
Speaker 1: The numbers here at our barbecue area have like quadruples.
Speaker 2: So since that song started, we are live from the banks of the hour this morning, we thought, screw it, let's get out of the studio enjoy the weather. Yep, what was that?
Speaker 4: Click?
Speaker 2: There's floods? Are people here?
Speaker 4: I'm lying down the son. I can't even look.
Speaker 5: I'm blinded by this glory.
Speaker 2: You're going to go, well, I'm just hanging with hanging with the lads. I'm part of the run group. Here, get a boys, How are we good? How are you? How many case we're done? This morning?
Speaker 6: It's lazy six six?
Speaker 4: How many? How many bacon and egg rolls have you done? Jas? A lazy six for every Kay, you'll leave another bacon and egg?
Speaker 1: Now, what's the plan work after this? Nay of Hey, j stort a run club. Ask the lads what the talent was like around the tan this morning?
Speaker 2: Okay, remember your live kids in the car. What's the talent like around ten this morning? That's pretty good?
Speaker 4: Hot girl laps going on?
Speaker 2: Have you seen the one laying on the hill over there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm part of the hot girl class.
Speaker 2: She needs a hand up. Want to get your opinion on.
Speaker 4: Something me or the run club?
Speaker 2: Guys, No, you've moved away from the run club. Guys waiting must say for me. We've got a friend of ours who came over the other day. She's a mum and she was taking her boys and our boys to the movies.
Speaker 4: Still in God? Is it when another parent takes a kid out?
Speaker 2: Lauren? She had nine kids? She looked like octim.
Speaker 4: Up, she has nine too?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? He was Josh, she's got three, we've got three and she was taken.
Speaker 4: She doesn't have nine children?
Speaker 2: Have to do you slip her fifty?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you have to pay for your kids? You always go look the boys want money on them. The boys have money. Normally, parents you just look after each other, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh is it like that?
Speaker 2: Is it? So she was taking all nine kids where I.
Speaker 4: Was like, that doesn't sound like you're looking after one another. It sounds like she's looking after.
Speaker 2: You or she's a bloody saint?
Speaker 4: Does she drive her butts? How did she get nine children?
Speaker 2: There? I guess a couple on the roof. I don't know I didn't ask. It's not your concern, bro trailer, You're off to the par I'll give you hot They went at home, so her cares Anyway. When she came, I was like, because I'll be honest, now my boys are getting a bit older. It's great that we're getting out of the kid movie stage. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like I've got them watching remember the movies we grew up with, the Little Rascals, yea, the sand Lot Kids.
Speaker 5: I love that movie.
Speaker 2: Back to the Future, you know, like those sort of I.
Speaker 5: Watched The Labyrinth and I had nightmares wrapped twenty seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't peak with that early. But she took them to see the new Super Mario Brothers movie.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it counts.
Speaker 2: Is that a bit? It's a bit kitty, isn't it. It's very kitty. It's a lot kids.
Speaker 4: The oldest how was the oldest one?
Speaker 2: Twelve? But she that's child, I know. But for a parent, it's like two hours of sitting through that's a lot. And she goes, no, no, no, I was fine, And I said, what do you mean? And she goes, I set them all up in the middle row and I sit in the back corner of the cinema with my iPad and my headphones on, and I watched this.
Speaker 4: Oh when there's.
Speaker 13: A lot of Congress. We didn't wake up when they blamed terrorists and suspended the constitution.
Speaker 4: We didn't wake up then either.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, sorry, what and she goes yeah. I just sat in the back in the darkness watching The Handsmaid taiale.
Speaker 4: What you got that wrong?
Speaker 2: The Handmaids? That it was the sequel, the Handsmaid Tail. There was number two came out in August.
Speaker 4: I think it's it was. She's just supervising from the back.
Speaker 2: Is that appropriate? What does that look? A bit?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, next time she won't take you through, you can take him yourself. She's got nine children. Give them, woman a break? And are you putting her on radio?
Speaker 2: And made her pay as well? You pay for your kids.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't even take your own children. So give her a break.
Speaker 3: Did I come to you?
Speaker 2: I'm going back to the barbecue.
Speaker 7: I go back to the Handsmade Tale number one or number two.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Melbourne, life from the banks of the Yarrow. We thought, let's escape the studio, get out and enjoy the weather.
Speaker 4: I can tell you we are enjoying this weather. Jason, it is absolutely spectacular and about in Melbourne this morning, your turn on.
Speaker 2: He's here early.
Speaker 4: We on.
Speaker 2: We meet at nine for our Friday run.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: You're kidding yourself, Ory, Love from the doggies. Good morning, Good morning. Where we go today? We're gonna get that way or back towards the city.
Speaker 13: We're head and wedding around the ten Just how you going clockwise?
Speaker 4: Jason's got you on the tools. You're down here doing our little barbecue on. We're calling this our community service for the year.
Speaker 2: Because we've got some hours to click off.
Speaker 4: We've got you on the tools doing the barbie.
Speaker 1: It's very popular the old barbecue. There are floods of people coming to get their egg and bacon sandwich. How you What was it like being a spectator last night?
Speaker 2: Rory? Yeah, it was it was tough.
Speaker 13: I'm not a great watcher of foot you know, it's always easy to watch from up top, but you can see a lot more when you're watching from the stands. But I think I played forty odd consecutive games, so it was an interesting thing for me and obviously a bit disappointing with how it finished. But yeah, I mean, we'll move on and review and look for next week.
Speaker 5: So I guess the question is how is the hammy?
Speaker 13: Yeah, pretty good, just didn't want to risk it with that short turnaround. I'll put one hand up to try it up this week, but we'll see I go this week with training.
Speaker 1: Now, what goes up has got to come down. And in the case of Aaron Norton, it was a bit of a sore landing. Here's what happened.
Speaker 8: And he has knocked himself out yet his eyes rolled. He hit the pick, but he's head righting, wrist quick to arrive, and that is.
Speaker 2: A horrific landing.
Speaker 1: Now we're told he is a okay, but you've spoken to him. How is he a bit sore?
Speaker 2: No doubt? Yeah, I saw him after the game.
Speaker 13: You know he's in good spirits considering you know, it looks so bad and BT saying the eyes roll in the back of the head and how you see from that far away. But yeah, he's caught it well. But no, I mean, he's obviously a very athletic player, and he puts himself in some dangerous areas going up that high. And I mean I wish, I wish I could jump like that and I'm lucky. I guess that I can't and I'm not falling.
Speaker 6: On my head.
Speaker 2: But yeah, for him to not bec and Cassi. He's got a bit of a sore neck.
Speaker 13: I don't know what the scandal show, but yeah, hopefully it's not too bad.
Speaker 2: It's amazing he didn't get a concussion out of it. I just want to point out Rory's a great guy, always good when he comes in. But you might have noticed he's on his best behavior this morning. Is your mother in law over there? Yes, my mother in law.
Speaker 4: Around.
Speaker 2: Hello. What's he like as a son in law? He's my favorite son in law.
Speaker 4: You are getting around the town with a gaggle of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Look at you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm very lucky, such an amazing in laws that we're just missing one of the sisters.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's been a nice walk so far. Is he cooking at home? Is he looking after you me because you're visiting.
Speaker 4: No, we take care of him, and your beautiful wife is down here with Are these both your dogs?
Speaker 2: They are both our dogs. Yes. So we've got Koups who's seven, that brought a Colie kelpie.
Speaker 13: And then Franklin, who was a little super is only two years old to poodle, but I love him, you know, he's probably almost my most loved which considering the first.
Speaker 2: With the dogs. The dogs come on down.
Speaker 4: Lexie, who's the naughtiest in the house out of the three of them have to be frank Franklin's and wre on the list.
Speaker 2: I go second. Well, thank you for lending us your boy each week. He's doing really well on the show.
Speaker 4: You're so welcome. He enjoys it so much. That makes me so happy. Show and hopefully we get to see you not just in the radio station, but back on the footy field.
Speaker 6: Yes, Lobby, who wins tonight? The d's are the tags.
Speaker 4: My mighty tags?
Speaker 3: The G?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 13: Was just thinking of the G. The Demons have been unbelievable this year and the casual close at the G. I think they're undefeated, so again they're probably going to like that. I do like it's been good. I mean it's been I wish we could do it. It probably won't look as good when you're walking through the marble sort of entrance, but the MCG has got a nice little glass area to walk through and you know they're doing it really well, but they're playing some really good footing off the back of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what you're saying is my mighty Tigers don't have much of a chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean, like I said, I think the demons at the g are pretty good this year, so I don't think they can lose.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll got our ten k's to pump.
Speaker 1: Out a snag or an egg and bacon roll.
Speaker 2: Come Jason's cooked. I don't think I can.
Speaker 4: Probably good idea. Jason going to run up the hill or down the hill.
Speaker 2: Or he's going to run up and I'm going to go down. He's going to do with Anderson Street Hill. That's tough even in the new But hey, thanks for probing by this morning, mate, good to see you. Thanks. I live joining us on the air live from the banks of the Yarra. This is nover all right across Melbourne. This is over one hundred according to my parking app. I've only got a couple. I've got to go top it up quite breathlessly.
Speaker 4: Four hours parking. How long did you book your parking in for? Down here?
Speaker 2: For a minutes. I just wonder if we like it before extend it. Oh my gosh, we're live in the banks of the Yarra this morning. It's just gone five to nine. Shelf a crush the Great Divide. M it's the season of the sticks.
Speaker 15: Alright.
Speaker 4: It is time to give away those Noah Khan tickets. He is coming, He will be here soon. Phones have gone mad and the tickets are going to you. Natalie in point cook Natalie, Natalie. Have you seen that Instagram video with the cows and alamas that go, Oh my god, it's Natalie Natalie. Hi, Natalie, look it up. Natalie. I'm well, congratulations and no cant tickets are coming your way. Who are you going to say?
Speaker 10: Thank you so much?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 13: I'm taking my daughters.
Speaker 4: You're going to be mom of the year. Uh.
Speaker 2: Noah Kahn The Great Divide to playing Melbourne rod Over Arena just over there, twenty fifth, twenty sixth of September. Tickets and Live Nation dot com dot a U compratuationally by guys.
Speaker 4: Oh, is that Natalie looks? Great winds picking up the wind?
Speaker 6: Yes, twenty four degrees the top look.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't. I'd call it. As a former weather girl, Jason, I would call this more of a light breeze.
Speaker 2: A light breeze, which is nice.
Speaker 4: You don't want to I don't know what on theoing river, glowing up up the river.
Speaker 2: Stupid question.
Speaker 6: No, don't ask about the rowers again, don't worry.
Speaker 4: So we've set up shop. If you've just tuned in at one of the barbecues sort of opposite, what's that one called the colling Wood.
Speaker 2: That's the Olympic Parkle said resenter.
Speaker 6: We're live on the air. Egg and bacon, roll, game sausage in bridge.
Speaker 4: We were in the middle of a sentence and I just went.
Speaker 2: Hie, ladies, careful screening sausage.
Speaker 6: Come on, come on.
Speaker 4: Can teach. Oh my god, he's in his demon's gear. Like die alone, bro fool nuffy. It's a hard time.
Speaker 6: It's like I have to pay them. They come go on.
Speaker 4: This This is watching Clinton.
Speaker 6: Hey, welcome to the novel one hundred breakfast Barbecue. What are your names?
Speaker 2: I'm Amelia, I'm and are.
Speaker 1: You in the in the market for an egg and back and roll or a sausage in bread?
Speaker 2: Sausage and bread.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got to do the real as brecky over here accents.
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 4: We're from Canada. Yeah, I'm also from Canada?
Speaker 6: And what do you think of our fine city?
Speaker 4: I love it. I'm visiting.
Speaker 2: She moves here. I live here now. Single?
Speaker 1: What do you think of the guys in Melbourne?
Speaker 6: To know if you're single?
Speaker 4: Watch one?
Speaker 2: She's the girl, she's not.
Speaker 4: You've made a dog's breakfast to that?
Speaker 6: Okay, so did you say egg and baking roll or sausage in bread?
Speaker 4: There's sausage girls, queen.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was pretty clear. Just quickly.
Speaker 4: You guys are out here from Canada. Isn't Justin Trudeau going to the former prime minister? He's out here too. Are you traveling with his.
Speaker 2: Well there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah he's got I don't think he's bringing Katy Perry, but apparently he's here for the footy.
Speaker 2: Wow, Clint, you're gonna spare tickets next to your seat tonight? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sure, yeah, of course. Yeah, let's all go. Let's go along.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a plan.
Speaker 6: Girls, Go and down your sausage in bread, Jesus I.
Speaker 1: Said, and get them as in bread with onions and sauce.
Speaker 4: It is a good barbecue.
Speaker 2: All the conniments I'm going are your games? Like in the club.
Speaker 6: They don't have sausages in the club.
Speaker 2: We are lying from the banks of the Yarrow. I wish they did. That would be We're not leaving until he gets a leave it. This is Nover, Good morning Melbourne. This is number one hundred Life from the banks of the Yarra. Oh really, what's up? Brother? What's happened?
Speaker 4: He's up turning sausages on the barbecue and Clinton nice sun baking on a picnic rug by the banks of the Yarrow.
Speaker 2: Well, I am I the only one still wearing an apron cooking sausages.
Speaker 4: You're the only person you can answer that question.
Speaker 2: We've got a surprise for you.
Speaker 6: We're leaving the cookers on for another half an hour and you're going to hang back.
Speaker 2: Big shout out to surprise.
Speaker 4: Now, Jason, tell the truth. You haven't actually been cooking the sausage.
Speaker 2: How dare you?
Speaker 4: You haven't?
Speaker 6: They taste so.
Speaker 4: Nice, So nice to be Jason on the barbecue.
Speaker 2: I did. I did bring in a little bit of help. Good mate of ours, Andrew, but on the tools today has been backing me up. You're my sous chef right, absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 4: Good on your Andrew. Now, thanks with Jace your best customer.
Speaker 2: He was actually Andrew.
Speaker 6: Hey, can you ask Andrew if he knows barbecue?
Speaker 2: Sharon? Do you know barbecue? Sharon? No, I don't know. Okay, she's big in the barbecue. Well, she's an old bird goes around fixing barbecue.
Speaker 6: Okay, never need to fix Now.
Speaker 4: Andrew, I've got another question. Is Barbecue's Galore still in business? I believe so Jay said it shut down.
Speaker 2: We'll point out Andrew's not just in barbecues, he's in catering like a specialty.
Speaker 4: But I just want to go barbecue, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Now, I just want to get barbecue. Andrew on just quickly, because you're doing something pretty crazy, mate, and it's to raise very important funds. Give us a snapshot.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'm walking from Brisbane to Melbourne in August for Challenge with Kids with Cancer?
Speaker 4: Oh, Andrew, how long is that going to take?
Speaker 2: We're doing it in thirty days, so it's sixty k's a.
Speaker 4: Day is a day you lost four on the bike on foot, well, sixty a day.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of chase. On a serious note, you lost both your parents to cancer. I know you've got eighteen year old twin girls and it's important to you to make sure all these services are funded correctly.
Speaker 18: So yeah, absolutely, the Children's Hospital and Challenge do just wonderful work for the kids and the families living their cancer journey. And I'm just grateful that my kids have never had to go through that experience, but I feel for those parents that do. So it's the least I can do to make a difference.
Speaker 4: How can people support you on the journey, Andrew?
Speaker 18: Go to Walk for Challenge so ww dot walkfor Challenge dot com dot au. I'm on Facebook and Instagram, and yeah, please donate us.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a big effort.
Speaker 4: Andrew. Where do you find the time to cook all the barbecues when you're walking sixty kilometers a day?
Speaker 18: It's fit to say I won't be walking working doing that time, and I'll.
Speaker 2: Have an entourage.
Speaker 18: Hopefully about two or three volunteers from Challenge will be following me and cooking for me.
Speaker 2: You're happily, so look, it's Walk for Challenge. Otherwise I can go to go Daddy today and see if barbecue Andrew dot COM's available.
Speaker 5: There's a side hustle for you, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Andrew for the walk, mate good on you. Thanks Jase, thanks for the out there.
Speaker 4: Legend, Andrew, what a legends. Currently at my workplace, lying flat on my back in the sunshine on the grass.
Speaker 2: It takes many different types the world spin.
Speaker 4: Some people work harder than us.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. That's it. We are out of here.
Speaker 14: Thank you for me.
Speaker 2: If we can go back to a studio.
Speaker 4: Look at the first part of our quest when we joined Nova was to get the tin top, and now we demand to be outdoors on any sunny day.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's not true. We had the recliners, was the first.
Speaker 6: Remember we've got the recliner, so we've got the colnbers of tint Off and now ab on request.
Speaker 2: Yes, who booked a go boat?
Speaker 4: Did you actually guess? Is it picking you up from right here?
Speaker 2: Picking us up? No? No, no, no, no, we must go. We have a booking to get to Jason.
Speaker 4: It's nine o'clock on a Friday. This is my private time. I can hang out with who I want?
Speaker 2: You the go boat or Corfield. You're doing one of them. You make the pick.
Speaker 4: Hey, everyone, have a great weekend. A big shout out to all all of our servicemen and women for ANZAC Day tomorrow. It is a special day and to those going to the MCG tonight for Anzac eve Go Tigers.
Speaker 6: Come on those demons.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend. Everyone stay safe on the rids. We will see them Monday. Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials