Speaker 1: Get Day.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the podcast. And Hazy, what have I always said?
Speaker 3: You've always said, wash your hands after you go to the toilet, for goodness sake, don't put your undies on the outside. Put your undies on first, and then your pants.
Speaker 1: And apart from that, I've always said that having daughters.
Speaker 2: Is a beautiful little thing. And now it's proven that it can lengthen your life.
Speaker 3: I don't really understand that, particularly for a father. That just doesn't seem right, because it's a life worth of stress.
Speaker 2: Just a tiny little asterix too. This excludes all teenage girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know what they say. And a wise man by the name of Bruce habbit Afth he once told me this. He said, when you've got a daughter, when you've got a son, rather you've got one particular thing to worry about. When you've got a daughter, you've got a million of these little things in particular to worry about.
Speaker 2: What's the one sense, what's the one thing for boys you got to worry?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm not going to say, Jody, you are the owner of several hundred beautiful daughters.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I own them.
Speaker 1: They're again from a marketplace they're not cattle.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have to hurd a musket.
Speaker 1: That's very very true. Yes, four beautiful daughters I've got.
Speaker 3: Yes. And in terms of your beautiful partner, greg the lovely Gregory, do you feel like he's almost defying the laws of age and getting younger, at least at the bare minimum, extending his life? Oh?
Speaker 5: Maybe that.
Speaker 1: I think they keep him young because in a way, because they're so active.
Speaker 3: I just don't know about this.
Speaker 4: What about this?
Speaker 3: A study that's conducted in a university in Poland? And isn't it the Polish? You always know the way?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ah that we always go to the Polish for God.
Speaker 1: I always think that, like in any given situation where I'm confused or perplexed, I go, what would the Polish do?
Speaker 3: Exactly right, what would the Polish do? That's what we live by. They collect the data from over thousands and thousands of individuals. The research at findings indicated a positive correlation between father's longevity and having daughters. Specifically, the studies showed that number of daughters a father had was associated with an extended live span, with an average increase of seventy four weeks per daughter born. Really so Greg's going to extend his life for about four.
Speaker 2: Years seventy four times four, whatever that may be.
Speaker 3: Who knows, if you do know, I mean Texas throw bo for double nine, none my nine. I don't think anyone WI really be able to work that out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's extraordinary, isn't it.
Speaker 3: In contrast, the number of sons did not have a significant impact on paternal longevity.
Speaker 4: I just don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how possibly. And I'm not just talking to those who have got daughters. You know exactly what I'm talking about. But if you are a daughter, or you're a sibling and you've got a sister, you know just how much stress your sister or your daughter has caused.
Speaker 1: I find it very difficult to believe that teenage girls could prolong anyone's life.
Speaker 3: Oh my very goodness, our little daughter has just turned three years old, and she stole a car the other day, robbed a she caught her laundering money at the casino.
Speaker 1: But listen, you showed me a photo of her yesterday and I was like, that is the face of an angel. She's got No, she's got the beautiful little chubby cheeks and the ringlets.
Speaker 2: She looks gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she turns it on for the camera. As soon as she as soons she sees you put her phone away, you just go, Oh, it just turns this absolute little grammler beautiful little grammar. They're right, can turn in an instant. One specific example that I that you showed me and I'm not sure if we talk about this, I'm ready to have it. Let's just see where this goes. Made me never want to have any kids again.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you talk about daughters prolonging our lives. Yesterday I nearly cut her short because she I thought, I'm just going to have a little nap here.
Speaker 2: Her older sisters are around, they can keep an eye on her. It's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to go to the bedroom and have a little sleep in the afternoon. And I hear this, Mom, Harper, just poodo pants.
Speaker 3: Great combination of words, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I just thought the situation might have been contained, perhaps as they can be.
Speaker 2: However, No, it was over.
Speaker 1: It was all in her pants, it was all down her legs, it was in her shoes, and she had proceeded to tread it throughout the whole entire house.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, yeah, I just picked her up and I've chucked her in the shower and I said, she's fully toilet changed normally.
Speaker 2: I said, Darling, how did that happen? She goes. I just thought it was a fart.
Speaker 4: A valuable life lesson like that.
Speaker 2: Never dressed a us.
Speaker 1: If you've been waiting to skip the school holiday crowns for your next trip, now is your chance.
Speaker 3: You take a sneaky weekend with what if dot com.
Speaker 2: Just imagine all those empty beaches and more on the ifp what if it's ouzzy for travel. He's what you're waking up to. Adelaide to.
Speaker 3: Every topic this time of the morning, just to digest all the little bits and pieces that you need to know news wisely through the absolute creme de la creme, and that is newsreader Abbey. We have three bits of news and news Reader Abby kicks a sophomourning.
Speaker 6: Yes, good morning.
Speaker 7: You know how I like to bring you the big stories of the day. So obviously this one where could see a bit of an issue with Christmas this year because there's a shortage of Santa's What do you mean to say?
Speaker 8: You know how you go well?
Speaker 7: Obviously, Santa is one person, but he needs lots of helpers, and he needs helpers in shopping centers and in shops down the road when you you know, you go and you sit on his lap, and you have a photo, and in my case, you take your dogs because you don't have children, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Et cetera, which is one of the saddest things.
Speaker 6: I know, I know.
Speaker 7: Anyway on from me. So, yeah, we need Santas of all shapes and sizes. Anyone can apply. You basically just need to be jolly and happy. You've got to have a good ho ho ho. So yeah, you can go and apply it. There's a talent agency called Scene to Be Sorry, Yeah, Scene to Believe. So they're ramping up their search for Santas. Now they might like to know that I actually dressed up as Missus Claws up in Cans one year did the good people of Cans and I nailed it, if I say so myself. So maybe I could be a Missus Clause for them.
Speaker 2: Perhaps.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you just approached that agency. You don't just write a strongly worded email to that.
Speaker 7: I mean, look, it's probably not a good idea to rock up to the shopping center just as Santa, you probably do do need some credentials, so right.
Speaker 3: So specifically as well. I mean they don't want to discriminate in terms of body size and shapes, but surely, like if you, for example, Victim, when Ben Yama playing for San Antonio and you weigh about seventy kilos but you're seven foot four, I think anybody like, sorry, mate, yeah, you can't be Sandy's helper.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but maybe Santa's gotten his you know, maybe he's been running around the torrents with you this year. Maybe he's really put his health first.
Speaker 3: He's grown or he's grown.
Speaker 7: Yes, either or anyway, So if you want to be Santa and spread the cheer this year, go and sign up and become the man in the big redsuit.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: Something to think about us?
Speaker 1: What about this story Australians being urged to prepare for seven months of severe weather after the Bureau released a grim long term forecast. So you can have severe weather at any time of year, but there are two things that are occurring at the moment in conjunction with one another. So bushfires due to heat waves and bushfires are more likely due to el Nino and a positive Indian Ocean Dupoli climate condition, or so those two things are combining to mean that we have got from around October to April around seven months of pain.
Speaker 3: Seven months in terms of drastic heat.
Speaker 1: Yes, right correct, dry weather, hot weather, which of course in this country can be very very dangerous.
Speaker 2: Indeed. Yeah, so there we go.
Speaker 1: We're like, oh, yeah, it's so nice that twenty six rais yourself for seven months.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the updates.
Speaker 3: Dirty Amelia mulcaye.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I was a part time with a girl at Channel ten for maybe and absolutely no idea what I was talking about, much like the situation for the last two minutes.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a merely a dirty oddie mulcake. Let's wrap this thing up with just a little bit of sports news show. He populates the best at Ferris last night, of course, the John Calee Medal. No surprise, what's we have? Zach Butters took that out? Yeah, top three, Zach Butters kind of rose in there.
Speaker 2: Dan Houston okay, took his mum to his mum.
Speaker 4: Gets a gig to all the prime events.
Speaker 2: Missus Butter's is on the A list now, isn't she?
Speaker 3: She was at the Brown Loom. Yeah, at the best in Ferris last night, so very good stuff. Yeah, a few question marks when she gets a gig at the footy trip, I'm just not sure.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you're taking your mum to Bali's act.
Speaker 9: Missus.
Speaker 2: Butter's just on the bar doing laid backs.
Speaker 4: That's me, Ma, that's me Ma.
Speaker 3: Other footy news as well, of course, Tom do date it was official years today, came through. Is going to get a trade genuinely to Brisbane. So it's all in and dusted. So the Crows get the first round pick trade request as well from Zabi Dos. Yes, they'll probably get a first round pick for that as well, which will go somewhere to getting guys like a salvaradical lea. So the trade period is going to get is going to heat up. But as we know of the trade period sort of does nothing for days and days in the last seven or eight seconds goes back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ramps up, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: It was put to me it's a lot of men in a room thinking that they're smarter than one another, but they don't really get the job done because then they realize that they're not as smart as the birst next to them, and so in the last couple of hours bang, that's when it all happened.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like bidding. Okay, it's kind of like bidding on eBay. You went to the very last second and then bang, and then you got it or someone someone was smarter than you and stern ship from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry to suggest that there are there are some men in football in management who have egos.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, Andrew.
Speaker 10: As a two days they will pass the Harvest Rock Festival worth over eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 11: Good.
Speaker 2: It's outrageous.
Speaker 4: Outrageous, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You're so generous, do you know what?
Speaker 3: Sometimes I thought, just open up the wall and see what happens. Yeah, get all our closest friends there. Yeah, the time just of tight and over listeners. Yes, and let's just have a big old party.
Speaker 1: I haven't the lineup too, Jimiroquai Beck, Noel Rodgers, Tash Sultana, Oceanelly, Paul Kelly and more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all there, including as well Lady Hawk, my.
Speaker 3: Delirium, Ladestock and this we're listening out for this morning sometime before nine o'clock. This one's going to play. When you hear thirteen twenty four to ten double Pass two day there's at Harvest Rock Festival, worth over one hundred bucks. I just trying to get my head around that, just trying to process it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what we do know is that there was an interruption from your brain to the delivery of your mouth, too.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there's a solid disconnection between my brain and mouth.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I meet up. Sometimes they're late.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what we always get through, except that time that I swore find the dumper.
Speaker 1: Oh dear Secret Sounds presents Harvest Rock too.
Speaker 2: That was just last week.
Speaker 1: Get your tickets now from Harvest Rock Dot hom Yes.
Speaker 3: All right, so that song's going to play very very soon. Why you here at thirteen twenty four to ten. I want to take you along a bit of a day on me if you don't mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very nice. You'll be in some fine form, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon. I'll be responsible, I'll be leading by example. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Oh, history tells us that won't be the case.
Speaker 3: All right, Joe's come out next. We need to talk about a study that's come out of a university in Poland, which is outrageously suggesting that daughters help fathers live longer. Yeah, surely not, Jode's. Before we launch into this story, I just want to give a quick shout out to those people who wear crocs, because good on you. You value comfort over fashion.
Speaker 1: Oh this is the man who wears socks with his birkenstocks.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like Burken socks are trendy.
Speaker 3: Crocs, Burke and.
Speaker 2: Crocks, I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 4: How about this?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Crocs unveiled new Cowboy boots to be released later this month. Yes, I mean that's pretty cool, isn't the bag just cruise down the street? Crock surprise everyone with an unexpected edition last week, Crocs Cowboy birds complete with spurs.
Speaker 1: No, no, do they also have those little ornaments that you put on the on the front of your Crocs as well? Oh?
Speaker 4: Possibly?
Speaker 3: The number I saw was all black with all sorts of little accessories. You don't know what you're talking about. What do they call those little things? No, gibbets, gibbets. Yeah, they're like little attachments.
Speaker 1: Gibbets or giblets, like like the chicken giblets.
Speaker 2: Gibbets gibbets.
Speaker 4: Don't them not hitible.
Speaker 3: The company acknowledged that this unique creation was inspired by its devoted fan base.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh god, are you a devoted fan base of the.
Speaker 3: Crocsh Crocs stated for years, the buzz around a Crocks and fried cowboy bot has been building, creating a genuine fan fueled movement trending across social media.
Speaker 2: It's the combination no one ever asked for.
Speaker 7: So in other words, they saw one comment on a Facebook post and went, oh, my goodness, guys, this is going to take off.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're going with that. We are absolutely going with that.
Speaker 1: So many of you have slid into my dms to ask me what crocs I'm wearing.
Speaker 2: That's sort of vibe.
Speaker 3: Thirty twenty four ten the worst combinations. And maybe it's not just fashion, maybe it could be anything. For example, I mean, I'm just straight off the top of my head ice cream a bit smato, saw some top awful yuck.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone's ever consumed out no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: But some of the fashion mistakes getting around for me. Never again, Never again will I wear Dinni mondays. Enough enough the shafing is out of control.
Speaker 6: I told you not to wear a G string. I told you to go full brief.
Speaker 4: You did say I should never ignore our people.
Speaker 2: A denim g string.
Speaker 3: Yes, wow, for a good two and a half years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The other combination which should never happen for me is humans and hanks, like, come on, the true hanky husus.
Speaker 1: I know, because it's essentially saving up all that's not isn't it, and putting it back on your person?
Speaker 3: What are you saving up to? Should off?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's disgusting combinations movies where Delta Goodram is a pilot.
Speaker 4: You came back this imaging Delta.
Speaker 3: An icon.
Speaker 2: I love Delta. I just enjoyed that movie.
Speaker 6: I've had so many messages.
Speaker 2: You and I mentioned Delta Goodroom being a pilot. We just get uncontrollable giggles.
Speaker 7: I got asked by Guyane faire was on drugs because he loved it so much.
Speaker 9: She goes, you want drugs.
Speaker 3: That was a great movie. I seen it. But I can guarantee you right now then I will love it. You will, I will absolutely love it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other combination that should never meet is bike shorts and male genitalia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: You always got an eye felt, Jimmy, you just got oh god.
Speaker 1: Unless you're a professional athlete, you have no right to wear just bike shorts.
Speaker 3: Just bike shorts. You've got to have shorts over the top, don't you. And this is the thing about football clubs, And this is what I've discovered as well. In South Australia. In the Eastern State, it's very acceptable to eat skins with nothing over the top. But it's the South Australian thing that you wear shorts, so the top of skins.
Speaker 9: You have to.
Speaker 3: But if you're a professional athlete, I'm more than comfortable for the Port Adelaide Crows boys to be wearing tights because they're black as well. So it's not like you're getting a super idea of you know, whether they had a specific a proboration when they were youngsters.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I'm trying to say here?
Speaker 2: Jokes?
Speaker 1: Oh God, As you look around the room to all four women that you work with, what's the expression on each of our faces?
Speaker 3: Right, everyone's got their head in their hands.
Speaker 4: What's going on here?
Speaker 2: Real history of man's plaining this morning? And that was probably a little bit too far.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten give us an example. The worst combinations?
Speaker 4: Have you got one for u?
Speaker 3: Abs?
Speaker 6: Sorry as I'm sipping my decaff coffee.
Speaker 5: For me?
Speaker 1: For me, do care and coffee.
Speaker 8: Worst combination.
Speaker 7: For me, it's anything food related, like there was a donut king chip atrocity, like cinnamon, donuts and chips. But the one thing that got me the other week was Dorito's and coriander, like my uncle. I sent that to him, my uncle Dave, and he the rant that I got back, he was he was losing his crap. Like people just I just don't combine things that shouldn't be combined. If like there was vegemine and chocolate or something, don't do that. If it's chocolate and chocolate, I'm all here for it, and send me a block and I'll tell you what it tastes like. But don't combine stupid things like herbs and chips.
Speaker 3: It's not okay, sweet and savory. Stop trying to make that a thing like. Let them separate, yeah, let them win their own course.
Speaker 2: Four ten.
Speaker 1: The worst combinations doesn't necessarily have to be fashioned, could be food, could be whatever. And we've got a one hundred dollars Lucky d market Voucher tastes the flavors of Asia. At Lucky Dumpling Market, Adelaide, Springtime Food and Entertainment, October nineteen to November five, we.
Speaker 3: Are talking all things Crocs because the good guys of Crocs have unbailed a new cowboy boot.
Speaker 1: They've identified a real niche market and gone, you know what we need to combine here, cowboy boots and Crocs.
Speaker 3: Ah, straight away there, girlfriend bag, There they go down the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with that swag.
Speaker 1: I bet I bet the person who's wearing cowboy boot Crocs well going home alone, never have intimate relationships with another human ever again in their lives.
Speaker 4: Lots of self love. But it's that's a different story.
Speaker 3: We've brought to producers oween as well because you can with some very nice little combinations that should never have seen the last.
Speaker 1: Please get involved. Thirteen twenty fourteen. We've got one hundred dollars Lucky Dumpling Man, good voucher.
Speaker 11: Alcohol and dairy of any kind. You've seen mudshakes. They're essentially like I think, I think it's vodka based as well, so it's literally a vodka chocolate milk.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not what's wrong with a couple of vodka milks, a little can of Vodkin milk.
Speaker 4: Feed right here.
Speaker 6: So haven't you had a Tobla ron before?
Speaker 7: No, go to balley and lay by the pool and have one of those babies change your life.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that the vodka doesn't make the milk curve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just imagine that. That's that's when it starts to get something churning, isn't when you're picturing the vodka hitting the milk, and obviously the milk's like who are you?
Speaker 4: What are you doing here? And the Vodka's like what do you want?
Speaker 11: I've got a lot of friends that have crocs and a lot of friends that have cowboy boots.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm not sure they go together too.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, true, but they're both very trendy. Well, crocs are trendy now, oh big time?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, no, are you hanging around?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: I don't have them. I refuse because to me, crocs are fishing shoes. But oh my friends, yeah wear crocs. And it's quite trying to collect those things to produceing gibbets.
Speaker 2: Gibbets.
Speaker 3: Stuart's got a Zoie's house. It's just a collection of crocs covered in gibbets.
Speaker 1: I would fear for my children if I put them in crocks and sent them along to school that they would.
Speaker 9: Go to actually fit in perfectly fine Jod's it's really fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, I'm thirteen, twenty four ten. Let's go to Maddie in Finland wants you, Maddie, good morning. Outrageously awful combination. What do you got the.
Speaker 1: Fact?
Speaker 4: Yes, then not even Jerry's sign. But it could make it cool.
Speaker 9: No, No, it's never.
Speaker 2: Cool, Maddie.
Speaker 1: We've got a cereal offender at my other workplace who wear snames to work is I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To say give a hint.
Speaker 6: You need to give them some basic fashion education.
Speaker 4: Absolutely made.
Speaker 1: It's a fine line between like cool sneakers, you know, like Crendy sneakers.
Speaker 2: And jeans, but actual like you know, I'm talking what sort of brand.
Speaker 9: Like superbos and stuff with the jeans.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's okay, a bit different. We can dress, we can do dress snakes.
Speaker 3: Snaker, that's that's you. Let's go to Everston Guns good morning.
Speaker 5: Jake, good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: Poor combinations, go for it, alrighty, So I.
Speaker 5: Have a colleague at work, absolutely loved her, but she eats her banana and banana peels together.
Speaker 9: She doesn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, correct, apparently got a lot of nutrients in it, and she'll eat it with a banana.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, so she just eats it like she separated or is she just eat it without peeling it?
Speaker 5: She just eats the whole.
Speaker 1: Banana, not a little like the crusty nobby bit on the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, black bet, that's disgusting.
Speaker 5: My brother, like egg and peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Oh god, again on in your world, I'm.
Speaker 5: The only normal one with everyone.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's extraordinary, isn't it? Really?
Speaker 3: Sort of rough food?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: We've got this.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars lucky dumpling mark. I'm going to let you choose today. Who would you like to give it?
Speaker 3: Well, I do want to give it to Jay, but I'm afraid she's going to take one of her friends. She's gonna be like, oh, I'm gonna eat some chocolate dumpling and we've got one hundred dollars dumpling market about your forty years.
Speaker 4: So congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you want to go along too and watch me just eat like inhale and snort dumplings hole, which is what I like to do, and then get dumpling.
Speaker 2: Is it Lucky Dumpling market dot com.
Speaker 3: It's like watching seagull eat chips and the seagull hasn't eaten for months.
Speaker 4: It's really quite aggressive, just like her little text as well.
Speaker 3: I got through James, I was going to turn this off made of mine, just with a couple of smiley faces. He said, I've got a bad combo for you, Jody and Hazy. Yes, welcome. Set the scene for us producers are good morning.
Speaker 9: We're doing the same as always.
Speaker 11: We've orchestralized some no over hits, some throwback hits, and you guys are playing on behalf of listeners for a hundred dollars fast past. About here today on Team Hazy Daniel from Lincoln Crete.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Daniel, welcome here. You going, yeah, going pretty well?
Speaker 3: Mates. I must say I was miles ahead of myself last week and I got so arrogant and I just started to believe my own hype. Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: So I got brutally checked. So I'm back in focus.
Speaker 3: Now, Daniel.
Speaker 9: Theresa on Team Jody today, Teresa.
Speaker 8: Hi, Jerdie, how are you we lost last time?
Speaker 9: I'm really hoping a redemption a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, Teresa, you can do it all right. Well, I've already let you down once.
Speaker 12: So.
Speaker 4: What's another time. No more arrogance from me.
Speaker 1: No more. And also, stop talking over the top of the song. When you buzz out and you get it wrong, stop doing that.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What do you mean you try and distract me?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 9: Song number one? Let's do it.
Speaker 4: We're good to go.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Okay, no idea? God, is anyone else having it? It's too much percussion.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, Jody, let's get loud, Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 4: Wow, stuf an aggressive start?
Speaker 3: Okay, what you may come back to us on fire.
Speaker 9: I finally got frustrated with.
Speaker 2: Him talking over it's annoying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Andrew, Yeah, ready to go on number too.
Speaker 8: Jody and we belong together, I.
Speaker 13: Know, keep going, Kelly Clarkson. My life would suck without you.
Speaker 2: We belong together. Now that's just a line from the song You're idiot Now.
Speaker 3: It's getting interesting, way.
Speaker 4: Break Look at this.
Speaker 3: This is what they call a genuine contest. Well, where's this.
Speaker 4: Thing for the last month.
Speaker 3: No, no know. What I'm saying is Joe's obviously went to songs to song song song training camp, came back bigger, better, and more brutal than ever talking. I'm just trying to control my half rate. That's what's happening right now.
Speaker 9: We're ready for Starbreak song. Three plays, here we go.
Speaker 4: I know that one. I believe that is uh dua lipa, and that is Dance the night it is.
Speaker 3: Daniel, I believe in the classics they call that winning the Chockey's congratulations my.
Speaker 4: Friend, never never, I don't think it was of it.
Speaker 2: We just had a conversation about arrogance again.
Speaker 4: I'm super arrogant again.
Speaker 2: Well married, Teresa, Sorry about that.
Speaker 5: Right, A.
Speaker 2: Genuinely discippointed to come back.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Can I notice that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Teresa, if you get another shot of this thing, you still.
Speaker 4: Going with Jones?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so this is what happens.
Speaker 1: I give you the lines from the song, you get it, then you bide your time and you.
Speaker 4: Gave me the wrong line.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Now you're genuinely annoyed me.
Speaker 3: Well done, amazing, all right, congratulations, No one look around the room, No one's actually.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling that everyone is genuinely disappointed.
Speaker 3: What this is a headline one treat OSSI's refused to give up at mid rise of cost of living a huge seventy three percent of OSI who participate in this big old survey, so they're still dining out either the same amount or more often compared to last year. For gen z and millennials, that numbers even height. Seventy nine percent of the two generations, Thirty seven percent said they were interested in dining at a restaurant. It was trending on social media and Aussie foodies are willing to spend on luxury experiences. Of all those dining out, thirty four percent, so they typically go to find dining restaurants.
Speaker 2: A lot of facts and figures there that really went over my head. Now repeat that back to me, please, what's the basic gist of it.
Speaker 3: People are not saving money on dining out. Okay, So if you're going to sacrifice one thing to try and save some money because everything's expensive, people particularly gen Zetas are saying no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no no no.
Speaker 3: I'll still be going out and getting cocktails or still be going out and getting very very expensive.
Speaker 1: Meals I get really guilty after spending money by eating out like took. I took somewhere out for lunch yesterday and it cost sixty dollars and I felt so guilty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where did you go? Melt?
Speaker 2: No, take your toddler to melt? Yeah it was Vietnamese. It was just a little place.
Speaker 4: Yeah you wentn't got a dog? Role that costs sixty bars.
Speaker 1: No, but also there was there were other children at home that wanted you know, chicken rice as well.
Speaker 2: So by the time you add all that up, but with sixty dollars and I felt ill.
Speaker 3: Laughter towards yeah begs the question what can you just not go without? So I feel like we all should collectively be trying to save money. Is everything so expensive?
Speaker 1: Well, you're a shocker for breakfast because I volunteer to make you breakfast here, which is eggs, beans and also toasts.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's that good though, I'm just getting it's sensational and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And that's the last time it happen just quietly.
Speaker 2: But you're a shaka for it. You can't help yourself.
Speaker 1: You love and love going to get like a little bacon and egg roll, little.
Speaker 3: Bacon and egg role. It's one of the last little delicacies, isn't it. I mean, I will go there. It turned into experience.
Speaker 4: I could.
Speaker 3: If I had an endless bit of money, I'd have a bacon and egg roll at least twice every day, would you. Yeah, sit down and have a coffee, just zone out.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But even making their roles now the place I like to go, it's told Bucks for baking their role.
Speaker 4: It should be five dollars max.
Speaker 2: That same plaze. I had just poached eggs on toast with avocada and it cost me twenty dollars the other day.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 2: Same, but yet we refuse to let it go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you go to the to the dumpling market as well, you should be saving these dumplings, but you're eating it like a like a chick. You just sort of tilt their head back and let it flow through, and you're like, that's not worth.
Speaker 1: The man dear thirteen twenty four ten. What do you refuse to give up? Yeah, it's Abbey in the newsroom place. What do you refuse to give up?
Speaker 7: I know, I know, I refuse to give up nails, getting my nails done.
Speaker 6: There are crylics.
Speaker 7: I get a pedicure and my acrylics filled and it cost me usually like one hundred and ten dollars. That's every four weeks. And I know that if I just got them shellacked, they it'd be for past us. Yeah at least. But I just like having nice nails and I like them being long.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Okay, it's fair enough. You should see your produces are as well. She's got sense sationally beautiful nails as well.
Speaker 6: And do you know what my mum says to me, bless her?
Speaker 7: She goes every time I spend money, she goes, abby, that's your front door, or Abby, that's a lick of paint on the wall, because I'm trying to save for a house. So she guilt trips me.
Speaker 1: Thanks for really breaking that down for it and made it feel horrendous about having beautiful nails.
Speaker 3: Abbey's door as well worth a hundred bucks.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'll be living in a cardboard box and if I'm not careful.
Speaker 9: You know, when.
Speaker 1: Houses go through like a hurricane, they just put up a bit of board.
Speaker 3: It's going to be door.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: Amidst this cost of living crisis. What can you just not give up? You refuse to give up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got one. I'll tell you after.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've got a beach house voucher as well to give away for the best call Turnda dollar's worth. We're talking about one treat. Osie's refused to give up amid a rising cost of living christ as they're calling it, and that is dining out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're just flat.
Speaker 1: We're doing it as much as we did, you know before COVID, So no one's giving that up despite the rising cost of living. The one thing I can't give up in the moment, and I'm obsessed with it is the Jagged website, you know, with all the active wear, and they do these things where they're like three things for ninety nine dollars or two things for sixty six dollars, And I literally three minutes ago clicked on.
Speaker 2: The final seventy percent sale. I can't help.
Speaker 3: It, isn't it crazy? So they have these deals where it's like three things for ninety nine dollars, two things for sixty six, or one thing for thirty three. And Jadie, we don't even need an excuse to get Jodie in with this me. No do good mass Oh, let's got a full good morning to you, Emma, Hello hallo.
Speaker 4: We're all trying to save money, Emma, what can you just not give up?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: My fake eyelashes. I've been getting eyelash extensions for twelve years.
Speaker 2: Twelve years?
Speaker 3: Really are they fake? I had no idea.
Speaker 5: It's like one hundred and forty dollars every two to three weeks.
Speaker 1: Really, oh my, But Emma correct me if I'm wrong here. You can't stop now because when I've had them before, they pull out your actual real eyelashes.
Speaker 2: So do you have many left?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I do always ask. They seem to think it looks all right, but they're just a part of me now. I just can't give them up. I look, I don't know bald my kneecaps with me on my eyelids, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: I got little little Alpecia eyelids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wouldn't look cute, So we're just sticking with them.
Speaker 2: Is auricon.
Speaker 1: Also my other question is, Emma, I've seen women with so many fake eyelashes on their leads kind of droop. They're like so heavy they can barely keep their lids up. Are you doing the real heavy stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I hope Ryan don't look that bad. I know what you mean, but nah, I think I've got that. I don't have enough eyelashes to actually make it look that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all Emma, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Forty bucks every two or three weeks.
Speaker 3: Well, jeez, if that's how much it costs, what about the girls on Jeordie Shure forty bucks a day?
Speaker 2: Let's go to athlestoner Gie. Good morning, Hi, how are you? Because what do you refuse to give up?
Speaker 5: Streaming services?
Speaker 3: We have them, We have them.
Speaker 10: All, all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's one of those things, Andrew, I reckon. We've all got on board these different streaming services because there's a particular series that you want and it's like, oh, it's this one, and then once you've got it, you're like, well something else could my pop up?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: So well, when you have.
Speaker 3: A teenage daughter, I mean you have to watch everything apparently, so we need them all. So we think I will get.
Speaker 5: Rid of this one, and like you said, oh no, no, I can't get rid of this one. There's something I need to watch.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we have them all.
Speaker 2: Quickly running through with all the ones you've got.
Speaker 7: Come out time stands KAO.
Speaker 8: Apple plus Apple plus Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much that costs a month to have every single streaming up.
Speaker 3: That's okay, you know what it's called education.
Speaker 1: Michelle from the Meadows, good morning. What do you refuse to give up?
Speaker 2: There's a little cafe new work that.
Speaker 3: Does I see it's the real thing.
Speaker 5: Yummy, but it's like eight dollars nine in this little part.
Speaker 1: But I know.
Speaker 5: You find a box to make the tape, but not like like fastest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, black can, but experience was one this morning?
Speaker 4: I can, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Go eight dollars ninety for a little iced tea. Yeah, fair work of sugar in there.
Speaker 2: To Michelle, I think that's healthier. Sorry, no it's not.
Speaker 9: It's really good for you.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go. I read a two hundred dollar.
Speaker 3: Beach house vouchat to give away Joe's. Are you like this morning?
Speaker 1: I mean I think Michelle probably needs a couple of hundred bucks just to deal with her ice tea addiction, don't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michelle, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll burn off for anything on the Yeah, exactly right, that'll work. I think we Michelle's also confused. One little aspect as well on the menu, it's actually a long island.
Speaker 8: You tell me you've put your time machine on.
Speaker 3: This day, Tuesday, tenth of October. I think you know exactly what to do. Put your pens and pencils and rubbers and arraises down and let's do some learning. Ladies and gentlemen. Today's World Mental Health Day is a very very important day.
Speaker 2: On the calendar.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, And I think it's really important on days like this just to check in on people that you might be a little bit worried about and just ask them are you okay? And if they are, if they say yeah, I am, just maybe go well you don't see.
Speaker 3: Yourself yes, and I will speak on behalf of the male species. We are not good at communicating in such a space.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not a stranger.
Speaker 3: We're very good at saying yeah, everything's fine, it's not yep. So I think we're getting better though. I think we're evolving in this space.
Speaker 1: I think it's been highlighted and I think it's been given a lot of attention. So I think hopefully men find it easier to speak up now.
Speaker 3: Well, said nineteen seventy nine rock band Fleetwood Mac get a star in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: What about more recently, when.
Speaker 3: This song sort of started circulating again on social media and then your old kids been like, man, love this song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got potential.
Speaker 4: And you're like, yeah, watch this space. Yeah, hopefully they get a crack at it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see how they go.
Speaker 3: She's fleetwood back though, Yeah, as good as it gets. The nineteen ninety six this is the story that you want to wake up to. A Golden Retriever has made an honorary life member of a Yorkshire cricket club after he sniffed out his fiftieth lost cricket ball. What answer.
Speaker 4: Is what it's all about?
Speaker 1: Imagine waking up in the morning and just going, what am I going to do today?
Speaker 2: Sniff out cricket ball?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Watch you go get a cricket boy, you good boy, good boy, don't do it another cricket ball. Twenty nineteen, Simowing Biles became the most decorated gymnast in history when she run won a record to twenty fifth medal at the World Champs in Stuttgart, Germany. The term goat gets thrown around Willy nearly. I reckon and I mean, if you think about it. They can't be plural goats. But she's the goat.
Speaker 2: She is the ghost.
Speaker 3: She is the gymnastics goat.
Speaker 2: Imagine just being able to fly through the air like she can.
Speaker 4: Imagine being like, hey, can you just jump up there? And for most of.
Speaker 3: Us we're like, oh, I can't do that. It hurts my knees. But if your Simone bios, You're like, yeah, I can, I can do that. And throwing four or five flips.
Speaker 2: No, I get when they say do box jumps at the gym. Genuinely, card Simone's doing flip jumps.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And I'm on song in October ten, twenty fourteen, all about that base by a Megan Trainer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know what they say, No trouble, Yeah, no trouble at all.
Speaker 12: Cause you'll know arm out of Baddrbey's bad, Dabe's Noble.
Speaker 1: Says Australia was back last night, opened up with the bang.
Speaker 2: They buried the celebrities alive. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: They're in the desert. They put them in a coffin and then they start throwing dirt on.
Speaker 3: Top of great start really went straight to the top shelf, didn't they My goodness.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's most people's worst fear, is it not being buried alive?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Cop that I'm a celebrity, wedding it in and out. Oh, we're going to feed the contestants to a hippo.
Speaker 2: Yeah and see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So some pretty top notch, Well it depends if you were how do you define top notch? But some pretty top shelf celebrities this time around. The highest paid on the show. She's getting paid a six figure salary is cocaine Cassie. What Adelaide doing cocaine Cassie.
Speaker 3: She's getting the top figure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh I know, I saw that coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she started out last night very very triggered because she said that being on this show was like being in the Colombian prison, which of course she was in for three years and had a horrendous time, but because she got caught smuggling five kilos of cocaine.
Speaker 2: This is what she had to say last night.
Speaker 12: It was just a nasty environment. I was the rich white girl and being targeted. I didn't know how I was going to survive. I was almost sure that someone would kill me there. I feel like I've entered back into one of the yards there.
Speaker 11: Even the way that we eat food, the way we sleep.
Speaker 9: The guard there are very much the same.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well, very interesting. Indeed, I'm so intrigued by jails and just living conditions and all those types of things. But it's very strange situations.
Speaker 2: You're a man who watches World's Worst Prisons.
Speaker 3: Love it, absolutely, love it really. Yeah, going to different parts of the world and some of the some of the jails make you go, yeah, let's never commit a crime in general, but specifically in that country. Yeah, absolutely, Lumbia is probably one of them.
Speaker 1: But who saw that coming that sas Australia would be like her regressing back to her prison days.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's exactly like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Chappelle got a gig as well, Chappelle.
Speaker 2: Chappelle got paid.
Speaker 1: I think I was reading this morning two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for going on says Australia.
Speaker 4: My gosh, pass me the bookiey board bags.
Speaker 2: Craig McLaughlin on the show as well.
Speaker 1: And you know they do that thing where they put a hood on you and they take you into the room and they reveal your deeper sins and of course, his were being accused of sexual assault on the Rocky Horror Show, and this is what he had to say about that.
Speaker 2: I was found not guilty of any wrongful behavior.
Speaker 3: It's because I was innocent. Calm down, take a crap coming voice of an Middleton.
Speaker 1: Normally he's yelling in people's faces telling them what to disgrace.
Speaker 2: It's like, what was that?
Speaker 3: What it feels like?
Speaker 13: Calm down?
Speaker 2: Next thing at Middleton is going to be doing one of those meditations on the car map.
Speaker 3: Calm down, Yeah, I'll do anything for you, aunt, Yeah, you tell me exactly where to drive now.
Speaker 1: The final piece of the puzzle was Jason Ackermanus last night, former three time Premiership player for the Brisbane Lines, and they made them do this thing where they had to chase after a train, jump on the train, find a container and then jump off the train.
Speaker 2: He hurt his ankle on the.
Speaker 1: Train and so I went to visit the medic to convince I think that they needed to be dismissed because his ankle was all busted up.
Speaker 3: This is so called ankle injury.
Speaker 2: This is how that rolled out.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you there's nothing we can do if it's going to be that painful.
Speaker 2: So we either I get a discharge or I have to just arhim on and just say I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't physically, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: But I'm not seeing anything here that would lead me to think I need to medically take off the course.
Speaker 6: To be honest, it's not bad enough as though he is, well, I can't see anything here.
Speaker 3: There's nothing. Yeah, do you see anything? It doesn't too hard.
Speaker 4: They look. I mean, you're telling me they're swelling in here.
Speaker 3: But we're like, and these two things, these two tays of swallow a bit, Oh my gosh, no, just coming forward with an injury. They're like, there's nothing there mate nothing there to see.
Speaker 6: That's literally me every time I walk into the gym, Guys, I've hurt myself. No you haven't. Abby get in there.
Speaker 3: You know there's not And originally he said it was a left foot, Now it's a right foot. I mean to make a decision, which is it.
Speaker 1: The next minute you just see Abby walking out of the good life, handing in her number officers