Speaker 1: I actually I have only decided this morning that I'm sharing this secret.
Speaker 2: I'm like, do I want to share this secret?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I do.
Speaker 3: When we tell everyone our secrets on you here.
Speaker 2: True, this is like our safe sace. But Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 1: Is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 3: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Good morning that morning, Anna.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here with two cups. I've got a March of Last Air and my green.
Speaker 2: Tea couldn't decide what I wanted. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I've just got a green tea. I haven't had a coffee today yet. I'm just gonna see how green tea if it stays down, and see how I feel. How is your matcha? I've had one of them for a while.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I'm back on the march a lattes.
Speaker 1: I had one once like two years ago or something, and I just wasn't a fan. And then I was like, I want to try it again, and ever since I've been loving it so green tea and much.
Speaker 3: I used to get a much when I'd had like already like four coffees or five coffees and it was like five o'clock at night, and I really liked them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sound nice and smooth.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we are currently away in Greece and by the time this episode, and this is so crazy to say, by the time this episode comes out, I will be officially missus Staples, I will be married.
Speaker 3: How cool is that?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 1: And today, like when this episode comes out, will be our recovery. So we'll be recovering from the wedding, having a little pool parties.
Speaker 3: Is that what the recovery is?
Speaker 2: Did you not know that?
Speaker 1: I mean not like I have literally sent so many emails and so our invites. We didn't put a hard copy out. We put a paperless post and I've sent you so many emails and that I.
Speaker 2: Swear to God. How it constantly asks me, where is it? What is there a dress code? I'm like, yes, I've literally told you all of this information so many times.
Speaker 3: And I asked you the other day what the dress code.
Speaker 1: Was for the like five hundred It's very simple. We're having a white party for the welcome dinner, having a formal wedding, that's right, And we're having a pop of color for the recovery pool party.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that means like a party shirt.
Speaker 2: Do you have your stuff ready?
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to go get a suit for the wedding, but all white. It's pretty easy. I've got white pants, probably from your thirtieth they still fit me, to.
Speaker 1: Be fair, I know I had a thirtieth white party. So it's like, surely everyone has some white.
Speaker 3: Surely they still fit me. So I'll try them on and then poper color. I have a party shirt somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pop of color or party shirt is the thing. Yeah, party shirt? Well, since I just got married and I don't know when I'll be posting about it, if I've even posted about it yet.
Speaker 3: But what is your plan on that? Are you just gonna post it straight away?
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, Like as soon as I get the photos from our photographer.
Speaker 2: I would love to do a post, but I'm like.
Speaker 3: No pressure you Are we allowed to post until you do? Like's the what's the rule with that? What's the general?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it rude to post if the bride and groom haven't posted yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So what we're gonna ask our guests on the wedding is that no one posts their wedding content until the first post has gone up that we've posted, and then from there it's like free reign, Like.
Speaker 3: But what's the rules on that? So like we can't post because this is from my wedding as well, Like you can't post anything. You can't post any of like the what do you call it, any of like the decorations or any of the place or anything like that, can you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the rule, So like no posting anything on the day until the bride and groom have posted, and then you can post whatever. So once our first photo has gone up, then it's like, can post all your content essentially?
Speaker 3: Good to know, I'll remember that. No, No, I've had a conversation with Timming, so I got that. I was like, what's the general rule with like people you can't post? Because I see people now I post at weddings and I'm like it kind.
Speaker 1: Of spoils it, don't you think, like if you get to see like the bride or the groom or like they're not the professional shots as well. It's like from people's iPhone and look sometimes the iPhone photos somehow turn out better, but you still want the bride in the groom to have that moment of being able to, you know, release the first images to the world, you know, like a bit of a carousel moment, show the first real first reel or whatever they want to post, and then I feel like from there it's like free reign, go for gold. But I have like a little secret to tell you, Matt and everyone else. I actually I have only decided this morning that I'm sharing this secret.
Speaker 2: I'm like, do I want to share this secret?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I do.
Speaker 3: And we tell everyone our secrets on you here.
Speaker 1: True, this is like our safe sace. But so obviously we're getting married in Greece, as you know. Yes, and our celebrant is actually so for context, I have three bridesmaids and four groomsmen on Michael's end, so that's an uneven number, right, Yes, And Michael's friend who was a celebrant, just had a baby so he couldn't make the wedding. So we were like, why don't we make one of Michael's groomsmen the celebrant for our wedding so that the FUNCTIONUAI is even. So we have three three and then one of the groomsmen goes into the middle to be the celebrant.
Speaker 3: How did you decide who that was going to be?
Speaker 1: So we agreed that we wanted to do that, and then we like looked at all the groomsmen.
Speaker 2: We couldn't make it the what is it? The men of honor?
Speaker 1: Best man of honor, the best man because obviously he's the best man. So we kind of like looked at the other three and I and you. Matt are very close with one of Michael's grimson. He actually helped Where's your Head at go on tour. He's very reliable, He like puts his one hundred and ten percent into everything. This is not taking away from the other Grimsom, but I just know him on a work level as we've worked with him Lovely Wazza, and so we asked him if.
Speaker 2: He would be our celebrant.
Speaker 3: Is he qualified to do that?
Speaker 2: He is not. So I don't know if you're kind of picking out what I'm putting down.
Speaker 3: Do you need to do you need to have a qualification to do it?
Speaker 1: You do you need to I think it's a year course. Actually, I'm pretty sure. Maybe I need a fact check that maybe be fact check if you need that. Yes, But anyway, he's not a celebrant, but he's going to be an acting celebrant, which means that our wedding that we just had yesterday is.
Speaker 2: Not a legal ceremony.
Speaker 1: It's our wedding day for us, and like in our eyes, it's the day that we married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are you going to be married? Then? If it's not legally binding, are you going to like just not officially married.
Speaker 2: No, So this is the secret.
Speaker 1: So on the twenty eighth of April, Michael and I went to the Registry office with both of our parents and we had a registry secret wedding in Melbourne and signed the documents. Our dads were the witnesses, so you have to have two witnesses on the wedding documents. So both of our dads did it and it was actually a very special moment. I got photos of it, so when I get back from Greece, I think i'll post them and share it. So if you're not on the pod, I guess you won't know. If you're not listening to the pod, you won't know about it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we are legally married as of now in this moment right now.
Speaker 3: So you are miss Staples, missus, missus s sorry miss yeoh, congratulations out. That's amazing. Yeah, it was a different Do you feel like a like a full married woman?
Speaker 1: Not yet, because I feel like until we have the official wedding official like.
Speaker 3: We've like, it's not official. It's like that's the official wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk more about the registry office next.
Speaker 3: Okay, and so you legally married right now. You haven't had your official wedding, but you are missus Staples. Tell us about the experience that you had, because obviously that's a lot different to your big wedding that you are yet to have or when we're listening to this had yesterday. Yeah, how was it in the What is it? For one? Is it like a courtroom because I imagine it being like a courtroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's a registry office kind of like close to Parliament station. If you're familiar with Melbourne, it's like the big, big building. It's beautiful. It's like a very old building. So basically you pay five hundred dollars. There's two choices of rooms, so you can either get the six person room or a fifty person room. What did you have the six person room? Because it was me, Michael and both of our parents, so six people.
Speaker 3: It's a difference in the rooms just the size.
Speaker 2: Nothing size. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one has like a full aisle, the big one, so people like literally have their whole wedding there.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It was. It's beautiful as well, like it's a beautiful old building. Yeah, or if like with us, like obviously we're having another wedding, so we didn't want to like I didn't want to walk down the aisle.
Speaker 3: Did you do anything like that or you just did you just walk up? You go, sorry, no, that's okay.
Speaker 1: So we basically took some photos before with our parents, which was a nice memory. And I'm going to make a photo book for everyone. I don't know if I'm it to them on Christmas or I have like a day before I leave to the wedding, so I don't know if I'm gonna have time for the wedding. I wanted to get it for the wedding as a gift to our parents, but it might be a bit too late. But basically we walked into the registry office and our photographer was with us. The celebrant guy. He was super nice. He told our parents to go into the room, and then me and Michael had to go into the separate room with him.
Speaker 2: So we're like sitting there.
Speaker 1: It was very official, like I was like, oh, this is a bit much like it was a bit full on. And then he was like, are you here out of your own free will?
Speaker 2: And I was like yes.
Speaker 3: He was like a table, You've got the gun more than anything, Michael.
Speaker 1: Literally and I was like, no, I'm here out of my own free will. He's like, are you sure? I was like pretty sure.
Speaker 3: He said that to Michael, are you sure?
Speaker 2: No, he said it to.
Speaker 1: Both of us like he was like he was like fully making sure that no one was forcing us into this marriage, that it wasn't like an arranged marriage, that we both like loved each other.
Speaker 2: It was like pretty full on.
Speaker 1: Then he kind of took us through what the whole experience was going to be like. So he was like, so when we go back in, you're gonna walk back into the room. You both have to face your parents, stand looking at them both. Then I'm going to read stuff like something and you both have to say I do, yes, I do at the same time. Then you're gonna both turn to face each other and you're gonna do the whole vows that he has pre.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so you didn't say you're the as.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we had kind of like talked about that, agree to everything. He ran us through what was gonna happen. So then we went back into the room. We both faced our parents. It was so awkward. I'm like, I'm telling you, so fucking awkward. Imagine your parents and your in laws just staring at you, and you and your partner just standing there holding hands.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's just uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Did you like stand opposite your parents?
Speaker 1: So it was like it was like switched but it didn't matter, Like they were just all staring at us.
Speaker 3: It was like did anyone cry?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. But it was like a little bit emotional. It was more flowed emotional. It was so intense, like so intense.
Speaker 3: So it's not cute to have a runaway marriage and eloping.
Speaker 2: Registered No, it's cute. It was cute.
Speaker 1: Like it was like a really like I don't know, it was just like a very cute moment.
Speaker 3: Intimate the right word.
Speaker 1: It was intimate, But it was also like I don't know, it was a bit serious, like I started giggling, like I was like it just felt too serious, like it was giving me the ick a little bit.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, marriage is a legal binding thing. When you think of it, it's legal. It's pretty serious.
Speaker 2: When we think about marriage, we're like, oh my god, we're in love, we're going to be together together.
Speaker 1: But like when you're actually getting married, like when it's when you're getting down to the nitty gritty, it's like.
Speaker 2: A legal binding, document binding thing.
Speaker 1: And in that moment, I was thinking, Fuck, if you're not one hundred percent on someone, you would be having a full blown meltdown, like you know in those moments when like something's bad's happening and then you start like your head starts spinning and you're like freaking out and having a mental breakdown.
Speaker 2: And you're have fully having a spiral.
Speaker 1: I was like, if you're not one hundred percent on someone during this moment, you'd be like, like I understand now why there's like runaway, like people like I can't do it, like you know in the movie, like those moments you just don't understand. I in that moment, I was like I'm one hundred and fifty thousand percent a yes to this man, and I'm still finding this in here.
Speaker 3: It's on you look at Michael when he's spiraling. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we well, no, we were all we were also.
Speaker 2: I feel like we were both kind of spiraling. We were both like so.
Speaker 1: He said the thing, and then we were both like, yes, I do. Then we turned to face each other and we were just staring at each other in the eyes, and he did the whole like repeat after me, I anna take you Michael to be my lawfully wedded husband, husband, wife, Take me Michael to be the wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I anna should wife your wife?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we did. That was hard to get through, guys.
Speaker 1: So so we did those of ours yea. And then he was like, I now pronounce you husband and wife. But then he didn't say you make kiss, so bride. So I was like, do we kiss? And he was like, if you want, and then I was like it was really awkward, and then both of our parents are like standing there watching us. So we gave like the most awkward peck on the lips ever, and then Michael's mom was like that was a bad kiss, Like do it again, and I was like ah on that.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's a crassical thing on your actual wedding day, do people like how much of a kiss do you actually have?
Speaker 1: Well, that's a thing I need to think about this. I'm glad you've brought the up because this is a conversation. Me and Michael haven't even like thought about this at all, Like we need to practice.
Speaker 3: Do you want to practice it or do you want to be in the moment? Give?
Speaker 2: But what if it's an awkward kiss?
Speaker 3: But is it like how long do you first.
Speaker 1: Kiss after the legal marriage? I was like, oh, I'm glad that wasn't the actual wedding where we're properly getting married with our friends and family.
Speaker 3: Because do you like leaning and then you like make out? What's the time limit to people like clap? This is like a really use tongue? Do you? I wouldn't think so in front of your friends and family.
Speaker 1: Then if you don't use a little bit of tongue, is it like have you even consummated the marriage with the kiss?
Speaker 2: You know, maybe you just touch tongues just a little.
Speaker 3: How do you use tongue? Like I don't even feel like I used tongue that much?
Speaker 2: Well, just a normal life, I always use tongue.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you use tongue? Yeah? I think I can't even think.
Speaker 1: About so normal on the lips then I'm definitely using tongue, like you know.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, I think about it. I don't even think about how I kiss.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Matt put his hand up and started kissing it.
Speaker 2: It's too much.
Speaker 3: Like do Yeah, I think I used tongue. Yeah. Well, like you want to practice, you want to have maybe communicate with Michael and say, hey, we're practicing.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. We're practicing the first kid.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that take away from it though?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Like my dream first kiss, if you must know, which I don't think you can going to tell you anyway, is like if we they go you may kiss the bride. We kind of like do a four second makeout and then Michael like lunges me back.
Speaker 3: On the thing and then we kiss again on top of the aisle at the altar.
Speaker 1: At the altar, Yeah, like a full moment. That's cute, but that needs to be practiced.
Speaker 3: That does need to be practiced. Yeah, so no, you need to practice it.
Speaker 1: Like if we didn't practice, my head would like probably knock myself and knocked myself out back on the ground, dropped me imagine. So anyway, the registry had an awkward kiss. Then our parents, both of our dads signed the document really cute, which is really cute.
Speaker 3: So there have been no witness signing in Greece and no no.
Speaker 2: So that whole part of the ceremony, we won't do it.
Speaker 1: We'll just literally say when now kiss the bride your official husband and wife or whatever he's going to say, We're going.
Speaker 3: To go take photos or you guys have champagne.
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 1: Have fun.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was the experience. The registry office.
Speaker 1: Wedding was really fun and like if someone's looking to do it, it was fun.
Speaker 3: It was a vibe would you So then after you signed the papers, do you just walk out? Like do you shake hands with the guy that marries you? Do you just walk out? Or do you do afterwards? What's the Oh?
Speaker 2: Actually I missed a part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we actually went in early and after the documents were signed.
Speaker 3: So did you get to pick the person that marries you?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, miscellaneous guy it.
Speaker 3: Was who it was on shift that day.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I feel like they're probably doing so many weddings there, they're probably pretty like on point.
Speaker 2: He was taking it very serious.
Speaker 1: As well, like when we were giggling the whole way through, he did not crack a smile. He was like dead set, like he was like, this is a legal thing.
Speaker 3: He had another one at like three pm. Wrap it up, another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we after the ceremony, he was like, you've got ten more minutes of the room because we had gone.
Speaker 2: In a little bit early, got ten more minutes for the.
Speaker 1: Lucky And basically what we did was we put on a song and then me and Michael because we were like, let's have a first like dance like at a weight. So we did, like me and Michael dance, and then Michael and Michael's mum and his dad dance, and my parents danced. So it was like the three of us dancing to this song and we're just in a room by ourselves. It was actually like that's really cute. It was really nice. It was really nice, and like both of our parents are still together. It was like nice to have that moment with just like like literally just three married couples dancing.
Speaker 3: That is actually really cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really really sweet. It was really nice. And then my dad was like, Okay, that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm done with this. And then I went dance with my dad to try and like bring him back.
Speaker 1: And then we went to Grill Americano after so on my Instagram, I posted that day the photo of Grill Americano and said best day ever with a little burning love heart.
Speaker 3: Did anyone guess? No, Okay, that's pretty, it's pretty what do you call it?
Speaker 1: But people said like, why was it the best ever? Everyone was like, oh, it was the food that good? I was I was like, you know what, the food actually was unreal. There definitely go to Grilla Americano.
Speaker 3: What was your first meal as a married woman.
Speaker 1: We just had like lots of sharing things, but the spicy pork past so there was to die for.
Speaker 2: I recommend, highly recommend. Well, it was all amazing.
Speaker 3: That's amazing that you're married. Who would it?
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, it's a well kept secret.
Speaker 3: Is it everything that's typed up to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think it, like it's cool.
Speaker 3: There was a part of me that was like, so you didn't put wedding bands on?
Speaker 1: Then no, but my mom gave me my nana's wedding band and I wore it on the day just for like the day, and then I gave it back to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was nice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like it is funny being married because I was like, this feels really old, Like everyone I know who's married is like my parents' age, Like like none of my friends are married, and no one I know at my age is married.
Speaker 2: So it was like, I.
Speaker 3: Feel really did sound a previous episode. It's weird. Everybody asked, it's married, but it's not something that like that we do that we do.
Speaker 2: It's like we're young. We're that young anymore.
Speaker 3: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like but like it's a thing of like okay, wow, like I mean like the next chapter of my life almost, I'm in my married life era.
Speaker 3: It's exciting. I'm excited for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, we wanted to share that little secret with the pod. When I get back from Greece, I'll post photos of our legal wedding. But again, the wedding in Corfu is the wedding that will celebrate our anniversary day.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're not going to celebrate.
Speaker 2: The legal no.
Speaker 1: I think it's just like I will always forever see my wedding as my Corfu wedding. Yes, we had to do the legal thing, and it's a great memory with both of our parents and memories that will have for forever. And it was like really great having that experience with our parents. But yeah, the Corfu wedding is the wedding.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to kill the cute moment, but you know, I have to ask how I was consummating the marriage, the wedding sex.
Speaker 2: It was hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our parents like no, no, no, like I should I shouldn't say parents in the same sentence, but our parents will like remember that when you get home. So apparently there's I can't even remember what it's called.
Speaker 3: But we have to hold you and he has to kick the door.
Speaker 2: Open, yes, and like and like they have to.
Speaker 1: So apparently when you get married, it's good luck for the groom to like pick up the bride and over the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knew that.
Speaker 3: I knew that.
Speaker 2: Impressed. So we did that.
Speaker 3: Well, I said, with my wedding, I want every tradition. Yeah, I knew that one for some reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we basically Michael like picked me up, we went over the front door whatever you want to call it, and then we got straight to it, no time to take off.
Speaker 3: Clothes on the bed, on the couch, on.
Speaker 2: The standing up, and then the bed. Yeah, little wedding dress on.
Speaker 3: Just in the hallway, Yeah for a bit nice.
Speaker 1: I actually looked at our cameras the next day and there's a moment it's so hilarious. It's like Michael carries me over with the door and then we start making out and I was like, oh my god, fit racy on the cameras there Jesus.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even wait to get to the bed. She started doing it in the hallway.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've got to consummate the marriage.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I wonder how my wedding sex from yesterday was, since this is coming out after the wedding.
Speaker 2: Hopefully I got some nice little white lingerie from someone parole.
Speaker 3: So did you wear some on the day or no, just whatever you had on tucked it to the side.
Speaker 1: Okay, well look on that guys. We hope you're having an amazing day. Thank you for tuning in. As always, head over to our Facebook page. Let's keep the conversation going.
Speaker 3: And I want to ask people if anyone else has had a runaway marriage as well.
Speaker 1: It's not a runaway marriage, a registry marriage.
Speaker 3: I wonder if anyone else has been involved in one, or been to one, or had one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let us know on our Facebook page. And until next time, Bye bye from missus Staples. Hmm