Speaker 1: On scoring rules Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panekey Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panehy Show. Coming up tonight, the ABC board is in crisis, Motor Ray presenters Inflammatory and the Australia commentary Sophie Elsworth with the latest one in five detainees released after the High Courts n z YQ ruling has.
Speaker 2: Been charged with a new crime.
Speaker 3: Gary Hardgrave will join me to discuss and doctor Claire Rowe on the impact pornography is having on young minds and of course Lefty is losing it.
Speaker 2: Will have this teachable moment tonight.
Speaker 4: Instead of using the typical mom and dad parent titles, there's actually gender neutral and non binary parent titles that exist NOPA, Nori opah, Pere Pomp, Pom SASA and Zizzy pomp.
Speaker 3: And we'll also look at a remarkable crash landing of a light plane at Bankstown Airport where the pilot cleared the hangar by about a meter by executing a perfect crash landing. But first let's bring in Sophie Ellsworth, media writer The Australian. Sophie, you've reported in the Australian Today that.
Speaker 2: The ABC the board.
Speaker 3: There is in crisis over Laura Tingle's weekend out burst, a story you broke in The Australian. Some remarkable comments at the Sydney Writers Festive. Always you call Australia racist country, unleashed a bile philed die tribe against the Opposition leader Peter Dutton, accusing him of giving license to people to engage in racial abuse.
Speaker 2: What more can you.
Speaker 3: Tell me about what's happening at the ABC and the board's response.
Speaker 5: We'll read to.
Speaker 6: These were extraordinary comments when I went to the Sydney's Writers Festival on Sunday to hear Laura Tingle unleash on Peter Dutton and call Australia a racist country. Now this is causing issues within the ABC. I know from sources within the ABC that there has been discussions among board members about this problem, and they're due to meet in June.
Speaker 5: But now it's.
Speaker 6: Under consideration whether they bring forward this discussion about Laura Tingle rather than wait till the board meeting in June. But rechil this is a problem because not only is she their most high profile political correspondent at the ABC, she is on the board herself. So if they have a board meeting and discuss matters relating to her.
Speaker 5: She has to recuse herself.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a problem.
Speaker 3: Does another staff appointed board member step in place of her or they know one day because she.
Speaker 5: Was voted into that role, she's in a five.
Speaker 6: Year term, she's twelve months in and already this is causing headaches for them. But Rita, this is where Kim Williams. He is the new chair. He only started in March, and as many people who know Kim know, he's not one to hold back. So I have put questions to him about this, but he has not responded.
Speaker 5: But I can't imagine he's too thrilled about this.
Speaker 3: Well, the ABC is very upset with your reporting, all the facts you are sharing with the audience, and they're disputing that there is any sort of crisis at board level.
Speaker 7: What's your response to that.
Speaker 6: Well, they can do that, Rita, but that is not the case. They can put out their statements. I went to them yesterday with a series of questions.
Speaker 5: They gave me no comment.
Speaker 6: They've had ample time to respond to questions and they did not, you know, on this whole thing that started on Sunday. Mind you, I question them on Sunday about it as well. So I stand by my reporting.
Speaker 3: Now you called Laura Tingle the ABC's highest profile political correspondent, I would argue she is a commentator, So her comments about whatever she thinks of Australia, whatever she thinks of Peter Dutton, her what sound to me like these paranoid fantasies of migrants being abused at Open for inspections because Peter Dutton dared to point out that when you have record number of migrants coming in, of course it's going to add to the housing crisis. But she is not a correspondent, She's a commentator. And those lines of the ABC between opinion, which is what this program is, and strictly news reporting are completely blurred.
Speaker 7: I would argue there.
Speaker 2: Are no lines, and I think we saw that.
Speaker 3: With the Voice the referendum, where we had so much reporting from the ABC supposedly news reporting, impartial news reporting that was pro yes activism.
Speaker 6: But Rita, she is a journalist at the ABC.
Speaker 5: Now she does do analysis, which is what is commentary.
Speaker 6: But she's sitting there interview Peter Dutton, she's interviewing Anthony Alberzi.
Speaker 5: She does reports on the Seven thirty programs.
Speaker 6: So if they want to try and argue, or if anyone wants to try and argue that she's not a journalist she's a commentator.
Speaker 5: That is not the case the ABC. She is a journalist.
Speaker 6: She is their political correspondent and she reports not only you know, political reports, but she interviews people and I think that's journalists.
Speaker 3: Now we saw some more warped reporting from the ABC.
Speaker 7: Again, this is news coverage.
Speaker 3: It's not commentary, analysis, opinion, what do you want to call It is supposed to be news coverage.
Speaker 2: And they've been called out for this.
Speaker 3: Because it is just a bizarre way to describe her mass firing rockets into all across Israel, including Tel Aviv.
Speaker 2: The ABC called it a show of resilience.
Speaker 3: More than seven months into Israel's massive asc and ground offensive.
Speaker 7: A show of resilience.
Speaker 3: It's just really strange words to describe the actions of a terror group raining rockets down on civilians.
Speaker 2: Now, another front.
Speaker 3: Page exclusive from you, this time on Channel nine. Today CEO Mike Sneezebe was the one to sign off on that million dollar payout to form a news boss starn Wig. The network has also claimed that nine chairmen and former treasurer Pett Costello played no role in the payout.
Speaker 7: What else can you tell us about this story?
Speaker 3: This just seems to be rolling along and gathering momentum each day.
Speaker 5: Well, Rita, this story is far from over.
Speaker 6: It's really quite extraordinary that Nine are saying Mike Sneezeby ticked off Darren Wick's payout. Now we have reported at The Australian that he got a payout of around one million dollars. Now this comes at a time when all media companies, including Nine Entertainment, are under financial pressure. But the fallout is continued into deep and there is so much unrest in Nine. My phone has been going running hot since we broke this story last week about the allegation and report against Darren Wick that started this whole thing. But to date, Peter Costello, the chair of nine, has not spoken.
Speaker 2: Has it been blindsided here?
Speaker 3: Is it feasible that the chair doesn't know about a million dollar payout?
Speaker 5: Rita? I would find that incredibly hard to believe.
Speaker 6: But the issue here is not just management, it's at board level, it's the staff on the ground. This is right through Channel nine. They have an enormous problem on their hands. Now they announced yesterday Mike Sneezey announced there's going to be an external independent review into the conduct and behavior at nine. But I think his tenure is in jeopardy. I mean, these stories are not stopping. These allegations and claims against staff, including Darren Wick, mainly Darren Wick, are not going away.
Speaker 3: And the new news boss at nine, Fiona Dia, has come out and said that there is a culture of.
Speaker 2: Power games of the network.
Speaker 3: The Sydney Morning Heralds reported that Starfiell, that former boss Star and Week has created this culture of ghosting, belittling and favoritism. Goodness may it sounds like some sort of dating game show.
Speaker 6: It's pretty worrying stuff, Reacher, and this is going through their newsrooms across the country.
Speaker 5: This is not just isolated to Sydney.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: He left in March.
Speaker 6: He said he went on for a walk along the beach and he decided he was tired and he needed a break.
Speaker 5: Nine.
Speaker 6: We were asking them where is he. We were told he was coming back. That was not the case. There's a lot of people that seem to.
Speaker 5: Be covering up what is actually happening here.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The Daily Telegraph has been slammed not by Kevin Rudd this time, but by the Chinese Communist Party. Their officials are not happy that the Chinese Consulate General in Sydney sent emails to Australian politicians criticizing them for attending a gala in celebration of Taiwan and something the Daily Telegraph reported on. So the CCP is not happy with the Telly. I would have thought that's a badge of honor for them.
Speaker 5: Well, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Rata?
Speaker 6: I mean, should they be concerned that the CCP is not happy.
Speaker 5: With their reporting? Probably highlights that they're doing a very good job.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And finally, Sophie Richard Kemp is an outsider's favorite.
Speaker 2: He is a fantastic.
Speaker 3: Voice on geopolitical issues and he's been in Australia and been shocked by what he's seen on our university campuses. Writing in The Telly today, he said they've gone full hamas he said, particularly about Sydney UNI. Just like inside Gaza, free speech is not allowed on the encamp Perhaps the campus rabel rousers are afraid their minions will say too much about their real agenda or reveal their lack of knowledge about what they are actually protesting about He is a retired British Army commander, Sophie, and if he's shocked by the level of extremism on these university campuses, I think we should listen.
Speaker 5: We should listen.
Speaker 6: But Richard, it's been pretty horrifying some of the images that have been coming out from the university's people scared, particularly Jewish students, saying that they're scared to even go to university. This is a really serious problem that the country is facing at the moment, and these activists at the universities, I argue, you should be more focused on getting their degrees and getting good jobs than you know, making you know, a problem for themselves.
Speaker 5: So they're making these universities.
Speaker 2: They're not just.
Speaker 3: Making a problem for themselves and making a problem for the kids who do want to go to classes and study, because they are obstructing that. They are intimidating students. And I'm sure everybody would have watched Josh Friedenberg's documentary Never Again earlier tonight. It lays out precisely what is wrong with the leadership of these universities and also the activism on campuses.
Speaker 2: So feelsworth Thank you so much for your time this evening. Thank you, Reta joining me now.
Speaker 3: Sky News contributor Gary Hardgrave. Gary, let's start with the news that one in five detainees released after the High Courts and Zedyq decision has.
Speaker 2: Been charged with a new crime.
Speaker 3: We've had twenty eight be charged and let's not forget they haven't been released that long. And now we've got dozens more convicted criminals planning to use a ministerial direction to successfully appeal their visa cancelations. This ministerial direction is from the Immigration Minister.
Speaker 2: Andrew Jarles is.
Speaker 3: Just stuffing up this portfolio, and it's an important portfolio.
Speaker 2: Gary, is the Prime minister going to make a move here.
Speaker 1: I don't know how the factions work. I really don't know, but read I got to say it is a nation building portfolio and that's what immigration should be. It should be a portfolio of the Australians are very confident in is being run properly and it's got to be an Australia's best interest that anybody who migrates here or visits here comes. It's got to be Australia's best interest if you're going to breach the trust and there's what over one hundred and fifty or so of these people that have been released for whatever reason, with alleged crimes in the background, and all sorts of problems that may well be facing as a result of what they've done. Since that is a breach of trust, these are things that ministers should intervene in. If ministers should have opinions on, ministers should act on. But what I don't get with this Blake is he doesn't seem to be acting in Australia's interests. It seems to be oh, someone's had a word to him about this, or someone's had a word to him about that. It shouldn't be a giveaway. This should be a tough thing to get the status to stay. And if people pray you break the law again, well I think that's the second chance is out the door, and don't let it hit you on the way out. Pretty simple. We need toughness in this because reader for the tens of thousands who do comply with the laws, they need to know that their status is assured because the few do the wrong thing of being acted on in a tough way. This minister is all over the place. He should go The Prime mister hasn't got the courage to do it though.
Speaker 3: He has just been consistently inepty is not up to this portfolio, and the fact that he hasn't been moved along to something that is more fitting his ability is.
Speaker 2: An indictment on the Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: Because it's very clear that he is not equipped to deal with this portfolio. It seems every step of the way he has stuffed up. Now let's talk about Queensland. Their labor government is being accused of failing to for the state's population. Boom figures reveal it's Queensland's on track to hits decade old prediction of five point seventy three million by twenty twenty six. Premier step Miles earlier this month called on the federal government to slow down net migration from overseas, arguing the population is growing faster than new homes can be built. Yes, thank you, Captain obvious. But his own government is being accused of abysmal planning failures for failing to heed their own previous warnings. Is this going to become an issue coming up to the state election. It seems like Stephen Miles is a smart political operator. He can read the opinion polls. He knows people want to see cuts to migration. He's backed Peter Dutton. In fact, he said that was my idea that Peter Dutton took. But when you scrutinize the Labor government in Queensland the guilty of ill planning themselves.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. The only plan they've got is how to give more money to the CFMU. I mean they've got this tax on everything that's being built that basically is laundering money through the CFMU. The price of concrete for a backyard barbecue project is affected by the price of concrete that they'll pay for a state taxpayer funded project run by the CFMU in the middle of the city. Nothing's getting built. And this is a government that has actually given up on planning. It is in fact unable to make a decision about anything anytime anywhere anymore. And it's a government that has run out of puff. And look, I come from Queensland. I'm a proud Queenslander. It distresses me because the planning was there. They were told this was what the population was going to be ten years ago, what the population was going to be next year. They were told that, and yet they failed to plan and now he's blaming migration. Well, the simple reality is it's a complete failure of the government to prioritize the kind of infrastructure we need in our roads are one thing. There's no doubt there's a need for that. We've got the Olympics coming in twenty thirty two. I don't know how anybody is going to get a walk around. They're going to have to walk around Brisbane, that's any way they can get around. And the Royal System reader was designed in the eighteen sixties and built in the eighteen seventies and no new rail line, so you know, and then you can throw water in the failure to plan properly for power. We used to have the world's cheapest and plentiful supply of electricity forty years ago. But this is a government that has been in office really for the last thirty five years, not just for the last nine or ten years, and they really have failed to deliver for Queensland's tomorrow. And so yes, it is an issue and David Chris Ofouley has got to tell us what he's going to do for the next generation of Queenslanders, not just the next election. And I think if he seals that he'll win this inner canna because Queenslanders want action. They want action.
Speaker 2: Queensland has won action.
Speaker 3: But then we saw Liberal Nationals back the Miles government's bold mission targets that surprise a lot of people, particularly at an election where cost of living is going to be a major concern and you basically are taking energy out of the equation as an ideological point, as a policy area where you can challenge the government.
Speaker 2: What is the election looking.
Speaker 3: Like, what's your prediction of what we're going to see?
Speaker 1: Well, it's coming at the end of October. Who knows a lot of things could happen between now and then. But a courageous decision to back a bad policy, the Miles government policy on net zero. It was also another courageous decision to pooh pooh Peter Dutton's discussion his plan to talk at least about nuclear being a viable, cheap alternative and a carbon free alternative to renewables. And yet we all we know there's a long long way to go on all of that. So look, I think the State opposition is going to hear a lot from the grassroots members of the Liberal National Party in coming weeks because they're having a convention at the end of journ. We'll wait and see. But look, there is a lot to be done. This is David Chrystop foolis to lose and he's got to get It's sharp in people's minds that he will be different in the right places. He's talking about law and order, he's talking about cost of living, but your right power is a major living component, and for a lot of members of the party it's an article of faith. Dutton's on the right path and the state opposition's got to catch up. They've just got to catch up to him. I wish them well.
Speaker 3: It's very sir Humphrey of you to call those decisions courageous.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed that. Now I know you're.
Speaker 3: In aviation buff I'm interested in your take on this.
Speaker 2: This is just incredible footage.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it will go viral around the world by the end of the week, if it hasn't already. A right aircraft that lost power mid flight, only narrowly missing hitting houses in suburban Sydney before making a crash landing on a runway. This is a a may Day call. The pilot managed to just miss trees houses.
Speaker 7: You can see it just got past.
Speaker 3: The hangar there apparently only a meter, and he had pulled the wheels up because it didn't think he would get past the hangars with the wheels and a perfect crash landing. Both the pilot and the passenger walked away. Just incredible footage. And let's hear now from the pilot.
Speaker 9: It was lighting.
Speaker 10: It wasn't a no goer.
Speaker 2: We clipped the peas and we just made it over the hangar. How close were you coming over the homes?
Speaker 11: It was very close.
Speaker 2: We didn't think we were going to make this landing strip out. It looked to me like you were about three or four meters above the homes. Yeah, it was very very and the hangar it look like you're about a meter above. That just cleared it.
Speaker 12: Jake retracted the landing gear because he thought he would hit the roofs.
Speaker 9: It's why he landed the plane on its belly.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do to celebrate tonight?
Speaker 10: And I think just be alone.
Speaker 13: Be al.
Speaker 7: Just incredible.
Speaker 3: That is a pilot you would feel safe being in charge of a.
Speaker 2: Massive passenger plane.
Speaker 3: I think this is an argument that's happening in the US in particular about DEI policies and getting more diversity in the cockpit. I think that just proves you want meritocracy, You want the very best people to be flying the plane, especially if there's hundreds of passengers on board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why I stick with Quotus myself. That's why I flew flew with Cortus from Brisbane. The camber look, Rita. The guy knew that you dangled the dunlops for wind resistance to bring it closer to the ground. In a proper landing, will lift it up to get rid of that resistance so it could go that little bit further. Perfect belly landing, took it off the runway, dropped it on the grass. Twenty out of ten. I give him twenty out of ten.
Speaker 3: Well done, incredible, incredible, Gary Hardgrave, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Still to come.
Speaker 3: Lefties Losing It featuring the Leader of the Free World plus Josh Hammer joins me to explain the latest conspiracy theory that's turned out.
Speaker 14: To be true.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for Lefties Losing It, and I think it's high time we checked on the Leader of the Free World. President Joe Biden has in recent days repeated another verifiable lie, this time telling West Point graduates that he was appointed to the Naval Academy.
Speaker 2: Sadly that never actually happened.
Speaker 14: I was appointed by my the fell I ran against when I was twenty nine years old, to the Naval Academy. I was one of ten I wanted to play football.
Speaker 2: Of course, there's no record of any of this.
Speaker 3: Another Biden fantasy, but I guess it's a rather small eye compared to the ones he has told in recent weeks about cauniballs and being arrested fighting for civil rights. Now, this next last is always teaching us something.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 3: Love her work on Lefties Losing It, where she has told us about the wacky world of neo pronouns. That's for folks who identify as ravens or toasters or I don't know, milk products.
Speaker 7: But today she's going.
Speaker 3: To teach us what non binary terms we can call mum and dad, because you know, mum and dad is so HETERONORMALI.
Speaker 4: Instead of using the typical mom and dad parent titles, there's actually gender neutral and non binary parent titles that exists. It can be hard for parents within the lgbtqae plus community to find a word that they feel comfortable being addressed as by their children. So here are some examples.
Speaker 15: Dumma, Mada, Maddie, Mardy, Mapa, Nini, Nopah, nori Opah, Pere, pomp, pom, sasa, and zizi.
Speaker 3: You can find more examples on the website listed above to the University of North Carolina.
Speaker 2: And we like this university. You might remember that's where.
Speaker 3: Students staged a fight back against the anti American lunacy taking over college campuses, where the frat boys gathered to.
Speaker 2: Protect the American flag as idiot.
Speaker 3: Protesters held abuse at them and few objects as well. And it's a university with the board of governors last week voted to repeal DEI Policies Diversity and Inclusion Policies and instead replace it with this saying things like ensure equality of all persons and viewpoints wonderful and promote non discrimination in employment practices precisely what we want to see. But not everyone was happy with this new policy that embraces real equality and free speech. The camp has lefties lost it and then got arrested for.
Speaker 12: We are intimidation.
Speaker 15: That is what we're here for.
Speaker 11: We're here for low they are directly upholster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't try that nonsense in North Carolina.
Speaker 7: Now, aren't you just thrilled that.
Speaker 3: Your taxes will be paying off the student loans of fiscally irresponsible fools. You got themselves into enormous stets, often for junk degrees that don't actually help them get a decent job, like serve.
Speaker 16: With all due respect, I mean that's so respectfully, you took out over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of loans and basically learn how to cook. And I'm supposed to pretend to be surprised that you can't now afford to pay off these loans.
Speaker 6: We all deserve to have an education and to follow our dreams.
Speaker 2: That's an American way.
Speaker 9: Privilege, have an education.
Speaker 16: That's why we're all privileged to be American. My biggest issue with student loan forgiveness is that it's a lack of accountability for people's financially reckless decisions.
Speaker 9: Because you have these people they were they take off.
Speaker 16: These wildly massive loans to get a degree, to put themselves in the career path. Did they know from the get go it's never going to feasibly be able to pay off this amount of money.
Speaker 3: Now, that intelligent young man on doctor phil Is Xavia Deruso, who might the lefty rent seekers lose it? When he told them some harsh home truths.
Speaker 9: I went to the University of Illinois with an academic full ride. My scholarships came from putting my back into my education. So why should I be responsible for paying off someone else's debt?
Speaker 13: What makes this debt more righteous than the small plumber who took out a loan to buy a new van, or the person who got a mortgage, or what makes it fair to the person who paid off their debts to the parent who just wrote the last check for their son or daughter to go to college.
Speaker 9: No one forced you to get those loans, so don't force me to pay it off.
Speaker 16: You can't be a part of the twelve percent of people in a mayor who have student loan debt and then look at the eighty eight percent of us who aren't in that situation and expect us to pay off the decision you made.
Speaker 3: Race, class, gender, I'll play an important.
Speaker 7: Role to matt access.
Speaker 5: This isn't just about student loan debt.
Speaker 6: This is about equal access to generational wealth.
Speaker 3: Equal access to generational wealth. That sounds like communism. No, thank you, that's a poisonous doctrine that has killed millions, tens of millions. By the way, here is some good news. Biden's latest student loan handout could cost.
Speaker 2: As much as seven hundred and fifty billion. Did I say good news? I didn't mean that.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I said good I think we could all do with a laugh.
Speaker 2: Right now, here is a young man who decided he was going to join a queer fat club.
Speaker 3: Problem is, is not really fat or queer, but you know he can identify as a trans fat.
Speaker 11: This is a queer fat club.
Speaker 17: Queer and fat.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you for joining me. We're just introducing ourselves at the moment. Okay, do you want to go ahead and introduce yourself?
Speaker 17: Joe, Yeah, my name is Joe. I go by he Day, and I identify as two hundred and seventy five pounds. Okay, okay, I feel like Jays kind of making fun of me, though I know it's kind of a shock, I know, kind.
Speaker 15: Of a new thing.
Speaker 11: I'm do what said. I apologize.
Speaker 2: I know you're good.
Speaker 11: Are you comfortable leaving the group at the moment? Why. I'm not understanding why you're joining the group.
Speaker 17: This is the queer in fat group now, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I came here for.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 8: And you said you identify as fat? Yeah, okay, this is just for fat bodied people.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I understand, I identify as a fat bodied person.
Speaker 11: I'm not understanding where you're coming from.
Speaker 17: Are you guys comfortable with me here? I mean, I'm pretty chill.
Speaker 2: On my end.
Speaker 11: I'm not comfortable.
Speaker 7: No, very droll work.
Speaker 2: Now let's do more lifties losing it with mine?
Speaker 3: Next guest, and here is US Senate Leader Chuck Schumer revealing that the Democrats want more immigrants, illegal or not, and they want them all to become citizens who can vote.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 12: Now more than ever, we're short of workers. We have a population that is not reproducing it on its own with the same level that it used to. The only way we're going to have a great future in America is if we welcome and embrace immigrants, the Dreamers, and all of them, because our ultimate goal is to help the Dreamers, but get a path to citizenship for all eleven million or however many undocumented there.
Speaker 3: Are here, Let's bring in senior editor at large for Newsweek, Josh Hammer. Josh, what do you make of Chuck Schumer's comments? There wasn't long ago that if you suggested that the Democrats wanted all these legal immigrants to cross the border because they eventually become Democrat voters, you were called some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, how many times recently in American politics do we need to see yet another example of what was once dismissed as a so called far right conspiracy theory which has been once again been validated because of these crazy times that we're living in. I mean, I see clips like this read and I think back to, you know, the crazy conspiracy theory that the COVID nineteen pandemic might have emerged from the lab in Wuhan, China, Or that crazy conspiracy theory that Hunter Biden's laptop was in fact, very very real and was not just fabricated by Russian intelligence assets, as fifty one US deep state spooks promptly said in a statement that was issued by the FEDS roughly twenty four hours after the New York Post story came to line October twenty twenty. This is just the latest indication in a very long and very unflattering line of conspiracy theories that are no longer conspiracy theories. By the way, what Chuck Schumer is saying there getting to the substance of his remo. What he is saying in there at the beginning of that clip we just heard where he is saying that America's population is not reproducing the way it used to. We're simply not having enough babies. Well, empirically speaking, he happens to be right about that. America's current birth rate is roughly one point six to one point sixty five children per child bearing women, which is well below replacement level. But how about you look at that and then you do something about it. How About you try to make America a better and more appealing place in which to raise children. How About you try to change the material incentives you try to grow the economy. Don't just tell Americans that they're being too selfish or that they're not taking enough abortion pills or something crazy like that, so it's not reproducing that generation. You're identifying a good problem there, chructure or this solution is not just to willing really import mass third worlders who simply do not share our values. The solution is to make America a better place to have more children.
Speaker 3: We've got more Democrats embarrassing themselves is a start with the elan Omer, one of the squad members here, who tweeted this on Memorial Day, obviously not understanding what the day is supposed to commemorate, and another squad members, Congresswoman Cory Bush, also tweeted.
Speaker 7: This, mentioning all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: Universal health care and affordable housing. Both those tweets have now been deleted Josh, because presumably someone in their staff told them what Memorial Day actually means.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Look, Leftizria have a very very long standing habit of trying to universalized messages that ought to be particulous, So, you know, to to give just one example, I mean, I'm Jewish, and we have a very long history in America of politicians, especially from the Democratic side of the Isle, who take many of our Jewish holidays such as Passover, which is of course about the exodus from Egypt and the liberation of the Jewish people, and trying to universe this message to be any kind of just kind of hold our hands smoke a piece pipe Kumbaya kind of thing. They try to take the passover message and they'll twist it and turn it to be about the liberations of LGBT rights or the liberation of the legal aliens. A lot of Chuck Schumer's clip there. This to me is very much in that line where you take a very specific particular day. Memorial Day here in America is a very solemn day. It is where we remember those who give the ultimate sacrifice to defend this last great nation, this last dying perhaps, but this last is still in existence, gasp of freedom in Western civilization. And we and we look to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, and we pay our very solemn respects. To quote the Great General George Patten, today on Memorial Day here in America is not a day to be sad, to mourn those who die, but rather to thank God that such men live. That's the That's the quote from George Patten. And then to take that message and to try to do a Corey Push and illin Omar and these various other squad far left nut jobs are doing and talking about, you know, Black Lives Matter, Antifa, universal healthcare, Palestinian rights, I legal aliens totally totally missing the forest for the trees. But it's not just accidental, reader. I think that there is a slight dose of intentionality here. They know what they're doing. They're trying to undermine America's psalm traditions and holidays in favor of their very tendentious genda.
Speaker 3: Probably, but it's interesting that this time around they deleted those tweets. I think a couple of years ago they may have not, but I don't know. We're in an election, Yeah, maybe they're a little bit more sensitive. You might remember this classic from Kamala Harris a couple of years ago. I think this was actually her first year as VAP, and she posted this for Mourial to have enjoyed the long weekend. That really is just so poignant, isn't it. Goodness may Now, there's been a number of attax josh from assailants in recent years.
Speaker 2: It's hard not to notice.
Speaker 3: I'm not suggesting they're disproportionately represented in the stats. Someone else can look into the figures and let me know about that. But there have been several instances of men identifying as women and a couple of women identifying as men being behind really violent, disturbing crimes. And there was another one over the weekend, and New York Post repeats that the knifemen accused of stabbing six people, including three children, and suspected of killing another, appears to have been in the process of changing their identity and they insist on being called a she.
Speaker 10: Look, this is once again just another data point in what is a longstanding problematic trend. I mean, look, it feels like it was just yesterday. Our new cycle moves so quickly now that we forget that this is over a year ago. Now, there was the school shooting in Nashville, Tennessee, of the Covenant School, of that Christian school by a former student of that school, who it turns out was a transgender individual. And what this individual did was they went back to that to that school and then before going to shoot up and try to murder children there who were just attending a school in a given day in March twenty point three, first went to the church that connects to the school and shot at the stained glass depiction of the prophet Abraham, you know, the great patriarch Abraham, the father of all three monotheistic religions. You know what would compel someone who was a former Christian school student who became a transgender person to shoot up a stained glass depiction of the father of all of Western monotheistic religion. I mean, the question kind of answers itself, right, There's something very deeply psychologically troubling going on here. And you know, I'm not a psychologist. Don't take it from me. I mean, go back and look at the DSM three, the DSM four. I mean, gender dysphoria up until fairly recently, was a universally recognized social malady, and it was a psychological matter for which the proper treatment was seen as psychologists seeing a psychiatrist and ultimately getting some form of advanced kind of psychological training. It was only a fairly recent memory, reader, that we have decided to not just bestow this an impromoter of legitimacy, but to try to kind of you give it much praise and adoration and all this as well. I am waiting for conservatives to try to make this point articulately, because a lot of people tend to kind of put out a lot of fiery rhetica, fiery rhetoric without much substance or policy beef behind it there. But at this point this is too big of a problem to simply ignore. I mean, if you are a man who thinks that you are a woman, we should have compassion and we should encourage you to seek help. But to pretend like this is just a normal situation just to keep on going on, people are ultimately going to continue to die and get wounded and tragically just murdered by people just like this. I fear unless we get to the bottom of what's actually going on psychologically.
Speaker 3: Now, this is interesting, Josh, Silicon Valley is turning away from the Democrats. We are told I'm not sure if I believe this, but we have investors and venture capitalists saying it's becoming impossible to support Joe Biden. What do you make of this? I mean, this is something that has been a very much a stronghold for the Democrats. Silicon Valley has traditionally lent left quite strongly.
Speaker 2: Could they come around embracing Donald Trump?
Speaker 10: You know, it really does seem almost impossible. I mean, of all of America's major industries, big tech in Silicon Valley is, as you accurately say, by far, one of the most reliable Democratic Party voting blocks. I mean, it's right there, literally in northern California, which is about as blue an area of America as possibly guess. I kind of have to wonder here if the Elon must trend on Twitter export of recalling of these days, if that trend is actually kind of auguing a broader kind of paradigm and shift. Now, Look, the Democratic Party is no actual friend of the big tech platforms. When they actually get into power, they're frequently threatening to bust them up when it comes to anti trust. They're, you know, Democrats, just like Republicans, are actually very critical of what in America we call Section two thirty immunity, although they're critical of it for very different reasons than Republicans tend to be. So they're actually not particularly favorable to Democrats when they get in office. Maybe between that and the fact that Joe Biden himself is obviously probably senile in the extreme and quite literally barely even knows what day it is ending and why on any given day, you know, maybe they're starting to kind of peel away towards Trump on the margins here. But I really do find the Elon Musk possibility here particularly fascinating if you look at kind of the human fabric of Silicon Valley, you look at kind of the Sergei Brains, Larry Page, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, it's actually a fairly small cabal of people who are kind of the true kingpins of this industry. You're probably talking here about twenty to twenty five people at the most. So when someone like Elon Musk can actually take over a whole platform and really put it in a very different and in many ways in more positive direction, I'm really wondering whether that that actually has had a serious effect on how his various kind of classmates in that Silicon Valley upper class, how they view their relationship to American politics as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Elon sacked we was it eighty ninety percent of Twitter now X's employees, and we were told the whole thing was going to collapse, and yet it's more popular than ever. It seems to have more activity, more users than ever. And that's to me one of the most astonishing things we've seen in the last couple of years, that you could sack ninety percent of a workforce, a well paid workforce, and really have no difference in the product in the user experience.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Look, I mean, as a conservative who is on Twitter a decent amount, probably more than I should be. You know, look, I mean in some ways, I mean, the free speech absolutism can be a bit of a problem. So you see some accounts that are viciously racist, you know, you know, viciously anti Semitic, viciously anti Western that tend to get boosted here. But you know, I mean that kind of is just free speech playing out the way that it's supposed to be, and there are some downsides of that that are also a lot of upsides of that. You know, I know that I am not going to get banned from Twitter tomorrow, Rita for simply saying the biological truism that there is male and there is female, there is xx chromosomal structure, and there's x y chromosomal structure. Back in the free elon must status quo anti back when Jack Dorsey and the rest of the far left clown brigade, back when they were running Twitter, you could literally be banned for the platform for saying what I just said on your show is that there are two genders. As we have known throughout the entire history of humanity. And it's very nice to have a social platform now where you know you're not going to get just and or shadow boundary Bloch Willy Nilly for saying such very common, sensible.
Speaker 3: Things, Josh Hamma, thank you so much for your time this evening. Thank you, Riader still to come. Psychologists Claire Row on the media's calls for under sixteens to be banned from social media. But does Generation Alpha face more pressing issues? Claire joins me next you're watching the Riata Panney Show. Joining me now is psychologist Claire Row. A lot has been said recently, Claire about banning social media for children under sixteen.
Speaker 2: I've shared my thoughts on the issue.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan of this agenda for a number of reasons, and one of them is surely this generation, Generation Alpha have more immediate issues than just social media being on TikTok, Instagram and all that entails. And one of those things is hardcore pornography, which young children are being exposed to from a very young age. We know from research in the UK the average age of children accessing this hardcore porn is twelve years old. There's a lot of them that access it earlier. What is the impact on children from accessing this sort of material at such a young age.
Speaker 18: Yeah, thanks, Rita. And I think one of the major problems here is that, as you said, is younger and younger. I mean, I think there's a lot of kids who are exposed to pornography way before twelve years old. I think here tamy Lot has been poot borders and aborigin a lot of countries. So you know, it's not about hiding the Playboy magazine under the bed anymore. And as you can imagine, you know, all devices are Internet enabled, so at the click of fingertips, you know, children can access this. And I think I think this goes really to the heart. You know, if we're going to have that discussion on social media in general, it really is the Internet. It's not social media. It's about the world being brought into our children's bedrooms. And you know, for you and I growing up, if we'd doubt our parents something, they would have said, well, i'll tell you when you're older. These days, a child will look back at you and say, oh, that's okay, I'll google it. I'll I'll google image it, and you think, oh my goodness. You know, so parents are forced into conversations earlier and earlier. And you know, as has been said in recent times, we underprotect our children in the real world, you know, but we over so we overprotect them in the real world, I should say, but we underprotect them online. And it's about the entirety of you know, the world being brought into their bedrooms. And I think for people who don't really understand the impacts of pornography, very clear the research that it's not just linking behaviors towards risky sexual behaviors, which it does. It actually has really clear links in aggression, violence, poor academic results, poor socialization, poor friendship, and definitely very poor mental health. But it's some more wide reaching than just saying that if you watch pornography you're going to be kind of sexually promiscuous. It's the damage of the far more maps and for the young children stumbling across this material, as you can imagine, I mean, it's very aggressive, violent material. Some of it, it's very confronting and traumatizing. You can imagine for an eight year old is stumbled onto some of those fites.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, it has a powerful impact, often a very powerfully negative impact on young adults, so you can only imagine young children who really don't comprehend precisely what it is they're seeing. Now, I want to ask you about the federal budget expanded mental health funding that was applauded by many, but there's very little extra money being put towards the care for the most severely mentally ill people in Australia, those for example, who were suffering from severe schizophrenia. The Albaneza government, it was very heavily criticized by former chair of the Mental Health Australia Board Matt Berryman, who said the PM had refused to meet during his first two years in office. We are spending a great deal of money on mental health, Claire, but is the money not going where it's most desperately needed.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 18: I think mental health is the only sector where the more money we spend, the worse it gets, you know. I mean, if we were going to put this amount of money into something like cancer research, we'd want to be looking at the results that you know, cancer was coming down, or there was some type of less diagnoses were coming down. But mental health seems to be the only area where not only do we pile more money into it, but the rates of mental health diagnoses keep going up, and then the circular argument is when we need more funding. So one of the issues I have is that the government has said said they're going to commit to something like five hundred and eighty million dollars to come up with some type of online platform where all these can call up for some telehealth, some very low intensity it calls it. You know, we're not talking about clinical depression, we're talking about catching people early.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 18: It sounds lovely, it's all well and good, and there's a lot of research that shows the benefit of early intervention, obviously, but we do already have that. There's millions of dollars poured into things like the Black Dog Institute, Headspace, you know, mental health education through schools. There is a lot of money there, and it's good to spend money. I'm worried that if you actually are more up with severe end and you may be having you know, ivepad clients with suicidal tendencies, with people with severe psychiatric illnesses, there are very few places for them to go to unless they're run to salk out for the private system. The number of hospital beds I'm concerned about more in mental health warms, and I get that we can't just be reactionary and we can't just spend money there, but I do feel like, gosh, you know, nearly six hundred million dollars to create some very vague, no details at the moment platform where you're going to call up because you're not feeling that great that day and you're going to get some kind of free counseling. Yet I've got pretty you know, severe clients and bad states where they need more than my support and the private sector can offer. And I call around trying to get some inpatient support through a hospital system and it's not available, and I'm worried about that end of the system.
Speaker 3: Well, you're working at the cold Face Clairo. Thank you so much for your insights tonight. Do you appreciate it?
Speaker 2: And that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Good night,