Speaker 1: Late, Welcome the late pays.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening, It's great to have your company. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and filling in for Caleb Bond Joe Hildebrand.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 2: Beach goers in Western Australia amazed as an emperor penguin turns up on the sand three and a half thousand kilometers from home. We'll show you that footage a little later. Plus when we look at the papers, you'll be shocked at just how much our public service has expanded since labor came to power. The Australian newspaper is running with that tomorrow, and good news for regional Australians with ex Rex Airlines being thrown a lifeline to keep them flying. All of that when we look at what's making news tomorrow. But first, most of us are pretty much aware that the whole climate change activism is a bit of a circus. What we may not have appreciated just how many clowns are involved. A News Limited investigation has found that some of the loudest bed when it comes to rising sea levels have actually been investing in waterfront properties. Prime among them is a Legras spender, the Teal who, according to the investigation, owns three at risk waterfront properties in New South Wales. Tony Burke, the Government Minister owns two in Tasmania. And then there's Climate Change Minister Chris Bowen, who's got waterfront property in Victoria. I think it is it's near the ocean, as does teal Zoe Daniel. And of course then there's the Prime Minister Anthony Elberizi, who recently bought a beachfront home for four and a bit million dollars. Now, to be fair, he did buy on the top of a cliff.
Speaker 3: His polling numbers have gone off.
Speaker 4: Of reseere you are coming around.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure many of these waterfront properties are going to go under, but I tell you all of these people's credibility is at the bottom of the ocean. As Nationals Senator Matt Canavan pointed out brilliantly, he said, you know you've met a radical climate activist if they have lots of frequent flyer points, own multiple coastal properties and they love nothing more than going out for a lovely nine marble score Wagyu steak.
Speaker 3: There are only two options here.
Speaker 2: Either these people think we're all stuffed anyway, or they don't believe the underlying science.
Speaker 3: I think it's the latter. Joe and Liz I think he's right.
Speaker 5: Indeed, well, they obviously don't believe what they're saying. There can be no other interpretation.
Speaker 6: That's it laid there.
Speaker 5: You don't believe the science, why are you science deniers? Are you guys climate change deniers? Why else would you buy these waterfront properties?
Speaker 6: Although it does.
Speaker 5: Bear mentioning that in quite a few of the stats also listed with regard to these particular beachfronts, a lot of them aren't supposed to be underwater till say, two thousand, one hundred, So maybe they just figure, well, it's not going to happen in my lifetime, so I'm just got to enjoy the scenery. But obviously this is sheer hippocryphate, see when it's being done by the very people who are implementing the policies that mean that you've got to suck on soggy paper straws to save the planet. You should be paying some sort of carbon offset. If you're flying, please do buy a car that doesn't require petrol, because that's supposed to help. Even though we've explained to you ad nauseum, how it's actually not better for the environment, etc.
Speaker 6: Etc.
Speaker 5: And so on, Please pay ten times more on your energy bill.
Speaker 6: The list goes on. So the irony is that if.
Speaker 5: This was just an everyday climate activist who said that they were passionate about the cause, but that wasn't reflected in their everyday life.
Speaker 6: That's one thing.
Speaker 5: These are the people who make the rules, who are paying out on these fossil fuel companies and everything called gas, everything oil is now evil and we are seeing this massive transfer of wealth. Whenever you see a transfer of wealth, these massive, it is time to ask serious questions because it's never good. You only see it during wartime, you only see it during.
Speaker 6: A pandemic, and you definitely.
Speaker 5: See it when we are talking about upending the energy source for the entire Western wealth.
Speaker 4: You've messed another possibility, though, There's a third possibility, which is maybe these guys really do believe the science and they're desperately trying to shore up the value of their real estate assets. Maybe it's just complete and out of self interest. Maybe these guys are the ultimate neoliberals. That's just yes, pure pure profit. My property is being threatened my potential return on investment is being threatened. Therefore I must.
Speaker 5: Get emissions down to save That's right.
Speaker 4: They're trying to get the entire world to lower its emissions so that their absolute beachfront property doesn't lose a couple of hun Gg's in value.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that's much better, Joe.
Speaker 4: No, but it's a third possibility that affect again there if there were you know, if they were really smart, the rest of the country, you know, I can understand, but the Sydney side is I'm a bit disappointed with because if they were really smart, they'd be buying houses one block back from the beach for a song and they're just waiting.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not the only clowns involved in this whole caper. We've just learned that Australia has a climate ambassador.
Speaker 5: You've only just learned that I didn't realize we had. Because he's such an important issue, mac that we can't just have a climate change minister I e. Chris Bowen foreigner, we mean an ambassador as well, because if nothing else, it's to massage the importance of this issue into.
Speaker 6: The public psyche.
Speaker 5: So you go, if they've got an ambassador and a minister. I mean, this must be really serious. Drop what you're doing and address this issue. But as you're about to tell us, this hasn't gone so.
Speaker 6: Well in recent days.
Speaker 5: Given recent revelations as to what said ambassador has.
Speaker 2: Been up well, I mean, I think we can all guess what said ambassador has been up to. She's been flying all over the world, because apparently the fight to reduce emissions requires a climate ambassador to fly all over the world and therefore be primarily responsible for increasing emissions. Kristin Tilley was appointed by the Albanesi government to be our climate diplomat, and she, over the last two years has undertaken twenty international trips at a cost of two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars to the taxpayers. It's difficult business being a climate diplomat. She's had to go to New York for nine days at a cost of twenty seven thousand dollars, to Malta, to Switzerland, to Denmark.
Speaker 3: To Belgium, to Fiji.
Speaker 2: She had to go to the Mold Dives of course, to Vanuatu into the UK.
Speaker 3: It amazes me that they never have to go to No Bangladesh.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 4: Is like, we're right here.
Speaker 3: Come on, I have to go to those places.
Speaker 4: Give us COP twenty seven.
Speaker 2: But don't worry it'll be okay, because I'm sure any moment now the Albanezy government will shut down one hundred fossil fuel projects and a thousand farms to offset her carbon emissions. James Stevens, who's the opposition waste spokesperson, said quote, it's staggering to see how much carbon dioxide the Australian government is emitting. In pursuit of reducing carbon dioxide emissions. Our ambassador for climate change could be setting an example, but instead is spewing out fuel emissions on monthly international trips. The irony and hypocrisy is astounding and scandalous. Joe, have these people not heard of zoom or I don't?
Speaker 4: Also, COVID is airborne? What are you doing out in the world? Come on, guys, I heard that at the Marxist conference. Seriously, they're all still marked up. Literally, it's an anegi. It's like Marxists, it's.
Speaker 2: A physical explain why we need a ambassador.
Speaker 4: What I have that absolutely no idea? Like you, I had no idea, we actually had one. I suspect the PM himself probably didn't know that we had one. If you look at the if you look at the quotes in the article, it always says, you know, the government announced that, the government said this, and that the government said this. Now, any announcement that a government ever makes that is seen to be even remotely good, the PM takes right. So the PM takes every single announcement, every single portfolio that the government thinks is good news or labor if it was in opposition thinks is a good policy. Right, and that's the deal, and that's fair enough, and that's as it should be. The PM is nowhere near this. I had no idea that I reckon. This was something that must have been announced on a very low key basis, probably very targeted digitally in seats where they were worried about the Greens winning, like those three Brisbane seats and inn City seats where they're trying to shore up their climate credentials. So this is an amazing kind of debut, if you like, of the our new climate change ambassador sort of striding onto the stage. The big question for me is were any of these flights business class? If you divide, if you divide two hundred and sixty two hundred and fifty seven thousand by twenty you get about thirteen thousand bucks per trip. Now I'm not sure if this includes staff she's taken with her or accommodation or accommodation obviously would include acommodation, but again, you know that does seem to be quite a bit of money. And if you are flying business class, and of course anyone who is in the Chairman's lounge, and if this ambassador is in the chairman's lounge, she would get automatically upgraded to business class if there was a seat available. I'm pretty sure Chairbell chairman's lounge like to get all the most important people in. So either she's not very important and no one actually knows who she is, or she isn't she's in the Chairman's I don't know, but you would get an automatic upgrade to business class whenever in the chairman's lounge. As we know, as so many MPs on both sides of politics have been doing, including a few on the left, and according to a number of websites, including one called Climate Action Accelerator, a business class seat it emits or has a carbon footprint of three times what an economy class set does. So if any of these flights involved business class travel or business class upgrades, then the climate change ambassador would be increasing her carbon footprint three times what it would have been if she had just sat up in the back of pie and I I said, anyone, who what is she.
Speaker 6: Supposed to do?
Speaker 5: Though, because we know that you can't fight climate change without attempting these lavish events or well fromits these jamborees where they all get together and push down further on the little guy, on you and me. You can't fight climate change without undertaking some of the most carbon intense activities.
Speaker 6: On the face of the planet.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen, and just lastly on this story, you've got to appreciate that we aren't supposed to know this.
Speaker 6: We only found.
Speaker 5: Out because James Stephens said opposite opposition government waste spokesman, can we make that a minister next time I think a waste.
Speaker 4: And they're actually doing the waste, we know.
Speaker 6: We need one in government.
Speaker 5: I mean he put in an FI freedom of information.
Speaker 6: He wanted to know just what is this woman doing?
Speaker 5: We don't know what her salary is, but he wanted to find out how much bung we were bang we were getting for our buck and found out in fact she's just massively spurging on all this nonsense that's not doing anything.
Speaker 3: You got it right the first time. This there's no bang. There's a lot of bug.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of bug for our buck and exit of bungs.
Speaker 4: No, there's no bug for your bong in the green industry anyway. And speaking of greens, by the way, all things greeny, this is another look just from my hometown. God, I love this guy, Chris Means. Have you ever heard of him, Liz fantastic blug. I think you'd really like him if you ever stopped talking about baby it would incredibly Hands've got the best cheek bones in Australia and is also the Premier of New South Wales and they have just announced yet more penalties, more penalties for climate activists who disrupt major public infrastructure. This time they're coming at them for the trains and of course we know that they try to block coal trains bringing coal from the port of Newcastle for example, to the rest of the state and the country. And this is what Attorney General Michael Day had to say about these noodle armed little.
Speaker 8: Nimbi's there is a right to peaceful assembly in New South Wales. We want to preserve that there is a right to protest in New South Wales. We want to preserve that Chaining yourself to a rail line, gluing yourself to Stonycreek Road, hanging off the Harbor bridge, blocking the Harbor tunnel with the truck, these are all species of behavior that we say on behalf of the good citizens of New South Wales cannot be tolerated.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what he said just then, because I was looking at the guy behind him. God, he's so handsome. Anyway, You've now got a twenty two thousand dollars fine for anyone who blocks trains or railway lines and they will be introduced into Parliament on Tuesday today. That's right, That's exactly right. And also you will have potentially a two years jail time and it will apply across the state. And get this, it's also going to apply to light rail services.
Speaker 6: No way.
Speaker 4: Look, I do tain yourself to tram cactus green boy.
Speaker 5: I don't quite get this one, because the current punishment for you trying to stop a train, which they successfully did for two weeks back in June July and again in September nine, activists stopped a cold train because that's how they've been told they can save the planet. So the current punishment is up to two years in jail already, So the Men's government has just slapped a possible twenty two thousand dollars fine on top of that. So now if you are give of set offence, you will either or go to jail for a maximum of two years and or pay out twenty two thousand dollars. I don't see the point in adding a fee here because goodness knows that the vast majority of these activists are.
Speaker 6: Either unemployed or.
Speaker 5: Don't have a wage worth speaking of. They're not exactly wealthy people that turn out and take up these kinds of extremist shenanigans.
Speaker 6: We've seen this before.
Speaker 5: And say, look, you can slap me with a fine, but goodness, I'm.
Speaker 6: Like trying to sue someone who's bankrupt.
Speaker 4: Fun going after them, making them rock up to court and be or miserable. Farm has to bail them out.
Speaker 2: As you can imagine, the climate catastrophists are up in arms about these new penalties. Environmentalists have described it as a rampage against free speech. No one's stopping their free speech. They're just saying you can't say what you want to say in the middle of a train track.
Speaker 4: Although there was a terribly embarrassing incident where a group of environmental activists tried to block jazz saxophonist John Coltrane, and that no one knows who John Coltrane is.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with that, Jesse.
Speaker 6: Assuming we need a golf clap, we need something you.
Speaker 4: Have never heard of it.
Speaker 3: Charlie Parker, Billy Joel Elton, John.
Speaker 2: My god New South Wales Green spokesperson Kobe Schetty, she said it was a shameful attack on the right to protest. But this, no one's impeding their freedom of speech. No one is stopping them from protesting. You want them to stand right by the railway line, just exactly.
Speaker 5: The rules around protesting are actually very simple. I leart this in my master's Degree of Human Rights. Basically, if you're not stopping anyone from going about their lawful business, legal protest, go right ahead. If you are stopping people from going about their lawful business, like I don't know, a train staying on the tracks and just ending up where it's supposed to go, not legal protest and you will be penalized as you should be. To the States now where everyone's not favorite. Ex Prime Minister, as we know, is Australia's ambassador to the United States of America.
Speaker 6: Rudd, even before he was given.
Speaker 5: The post of ambassadorship to our closest and dearest and most valuable ally, had already called Trump a political liability, a problem for the world. Are traited to the West. The list goes on, So.
Speaker 6: It's pretty bad news for the guy.
Speaker 5: Now that this little clip from a webinar he once did with an Indian MP has come back to light to remind everyone he's no friend to President Trump.
Speaker 9: The United States in the last four years has been run by a village idios. People have seen China continued continuing to be competent international state craft and the United States increasingly incompetent and international state craft under Trump.
Speaker 5: Well, Albanizi has come out defending his friend Rudd for the second time in two weeks.
Speaker 6: There was speculation before.
Speaker 5: Trump won the election that Rudd should go in the event Trump did win the election, given all of the disparaging things he's said about the guy, it stands to reason we can do better for our closest ally, it would be really nice to have someone over there who actually backed the now president, leader of the free world. I don't know what Albanize is thinking doing this, because the more he defends Rudd, which is quite indefensible. At this point, Trump has won. Now we're past the speculation stage. Stop defending him and stop waiting for Trump to actually call us and say, hey.
Speaker 6: Heard this guy's pretty nasty.
Speaker 5: As he told fera weeks ago, Hurd is not the brightest bulb either.
Speaker 6: That was a direct Trumpian quote.
Speaker 5: We also heard from Lara Trump, his daughter in Laura, just days before the election, saying that if Trump won, he would be looking to Australia to appoint somebody else. So why are we waiting for the embarrassment of having the Trump administration pick up the phone to us and say this guy is clearly not fit for purpose. I'm president now, Why aren't we doing the honorable thing and saying, yes, it's quite obvious this is not fit anymore. Let's just change things up and send someone who is worthy of the most important ambassadorship that we have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, I think that's a very fair question. I think, firstly in terms of the sort of personal politics of it, Anthony Albinezi is someone who's very loyal and we've sent him lose political skill.
Speaker 6: We don't care about that. We care about our eric.
Speaker 4: If you want to know why he's doing it, I'm just telling you that that's part of the room.
Speaker 6: That's another one.
Speaker 4: Another one is that part of the reason that Kevin Rudd was sent to the US and made ambassador was to stop him from tweeting. This is a guy that was all over Twitter like a cheap suit. He was calling for Murdock Royal commission, he was settling scores with old enemies. And again it's part of the kind.
Speaker 5: Of doesn't all of that scream to you bad choice?
Speaker 4: And then in terms so I suppose you in deciding whether or not to sack him or bring him recall him, the question is by doing that, do you end up making these historic Twitter might seem worse than they are and end up just roaring attention to it and making them seem so agreeable than they are possible that the only possible recourse is to withdraw the ambassador. So I think what the government will be thinking. I don't know, but well I do know, I know everything, but what the government would be thinking. At what Albanezi would be thinking. And this is not based on what he's told me, but he would be thinking, right. I just want this to blow over, these deleted tweets. Trump has had that many people saying that many main things about him over the years.
Speaker 5: It's not an ambassador who has the massive status and enjoys all the benefits.
Speaker 3: Very stupid major before he was ambassador.
Speaker 2: You're suggesting that they don't want to make Trump is the most destructive president in history. He's dragged democracy and America through the mud. Seem worse than it is.
Speaker 4: Again, and these are really stupid comments, and they actually show the man's irony of people who have the humors to think that they're the smartest people in the room and smarter than everybody else actually be too stupid to think or realize that Donald Trump is actually But the.
Speaker 3: Problem the gummy is Albanese. You mentioned irony.
Speaker 4: I think the problem is a whole political culture that thought, oh, Donald Trump's dead forever, we can say whatever we want.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, but back in twenty seventeen, right, Anthony Elberze said, and we've seen this on video over the last few days. I think it's a concern the leader of the free world. He's talking about Donald Trump. Think you can conduct policy through one hundred and forty characters on Twitter. So the irony is just a few years ago. Albanesi's worried about Trump tweeting and saying, I don't know if you could have a president who.
Speaker 3: Tweets like that. Now his ambassador in America is busy deleting.
Speaker 4: His twitt Trump's rud Trump has a history of being very magnanimous to people have been critty. His vice president was one of his biggest critics until he sort of saw the light. So I think if if obviously Albanzi and Trump have already spoken on the phone, I am sure, And I think the PM absolutely should take the initiative and go to visit Trump, either with or without.
Speaker 3: He said he won't Kevin or.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see, but but that is something that he definitely should do. And I think if Kevin Rudd kisses the ring, so to speak, there is no reason why everything shouldn't be tickety boo. And again, Trump has a.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that at all, because Trump values loyalty very much.
Speaker 4: He's not going to make He's not going to make Kevin Rudd's Secretary of Stuff.
Speaker 6: So he was convinced that a side.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: He's not going to pick anyone his own side.
Speaker 5: We should be able to recognize when it comes to Rudd, he for us here in Australia, with our closest ally, he's a liability. He's bad news for our relationship with the States, and we can do so much better.
Speaker 6: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 5: And tell you who agrees with me that would be PM if we get our way next year, mister Peter.
Speaker 10: Dutton, the ambassador has to have a functional working relationship with the administration, whether that's a Democrat or Republican administration. Of course, it's not just mister RhoD I mean, we're talking about mister Albinisi and Senator Wong and others in the Labor Party who have seen fit to criticize, to criticize President elect Trump here.
Speaker 5: Here, Well, I'll tell you who knows the importance of getting the right man in the job, and that is President Trump, who has finally picked the new border czar. As we know the former one under the Biden administration was Kamala Harris herself, and we saw over ten million illegals pour over the southern border.
Speaker 6: It has crippled their economy.
Speaker 5: Look taking care of all of these illegals, putting them up in hotels, making sure they've got accommodation and food and all the rest of the things that you need to live.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: His name is Tom Homan, and here he was speaking at the RNC conference a couple of weeks ago, longer than that would have been, closer to a month prior to the election, telling those illegals what they can expect if indeed Trump took the White House.
Speaker 11: I got a message, as a guy who spent thirty four years deporting illegal aliens, I got a message to demands of illegal Alians that Joe Bidens are released in our country and violation of federal law, you better start packing now.
Speaker 5: And this guy is straight out of the gate telling Fox Use exactly what he plans to do in order to crack down not only on the illegals in the country, but the over three hundred thousand children that were lost in that ginormous wave of illegal immigration and suspected to now be embroiled in illegal workshops and even child sex trafficking.
Speaker 7: Where does the operations have to happen? Here's why I see where do we find most victims of sex trafficking and forced labor trafficking at work sites? And Biden administration shut down first lights on one point. We say we care about sex trafficking and human trafficking, then to shut down work land enforcement, which is one of the main areas we find the victims of this. I want to add one more thing, another priority. This administration has lost over three hundred thousand children that were smuggling as touched by criminal cartels they can't find. That's another priority. We need to save these children. To some of these children in forced labor, some of these children on sex trafficking, children living wife or hell every day, when do you say to these children, get them back of their families.
Speaker 6: I love him, I love him already. Thank you, Tom Whoman. Let's get this show on the road.
Speaker 5: Check out what he had to say to a sixty minutes reporter who was asking him, well, aren't you going to be breaking up families by deporting illegals? He said, I got We have seen one estimate that says it would cost eighty eight billion dollars to deport a million.
Speaker 6: People a year.
Speaker 11: I don't know if that's occured or not.
Speaker 6: Is that what American taxpayers should expect?
Speaker 11: What price do you put on national security? Is that worth it?
Speaker 12: Is there a way to carry out mass deportation without separating families?
Speaker 11: Of course, yes, families can be deported together.
Speaker 5: This solution is simple, lady, We'll keep them together, We'll send them all home. I love his response to well, like this, there's been a report that says this would cost eighty billion dollars. He's like, well, what is that even based on I'm not grazing that with an answer, really, And also I would have wandered him to address the issue of well, having them stay here is going to cost even more of that. We're already leaking billions of dollars American taxpayer dollars on illegals who do not belong in the country, added up over a few years. And there's your eighty billion right there.
Speaker 2: This is the guy who's going to handle the southern and northern borders.
Speaker 3: America is back.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: This guy's a former New York police officer and former border officer.
Speaker 3: He used to head up ICE and he's seen it.
Speaker 2: He's got form. And during the Obama administration he was charged with initiating deportations and did a great job. In fact, he was given an award by the administration back in twenty thirteen. So he loves his job. He was wanting to come back to do this, and I just like the fact that you won't be manipulated. I love the way he handled that sixty minutes interview. Is that a price that you'd be willing to pay? He just responded, Well, what price do you put on national security? He handled it beautifully, as he handled beautifully Democrat Darling Alexandria Acasio Cortes, who said, as you would expect the left to say when they talk about deportations, but what about the children?
Speaker 13: Zero tolerance was interpreted as the policy that separated children from there.
Speaker 11: If I get arrested for DUI and I have a young child in a car, I won't be separated. When I was a police officer in New York and I arrested a father for domestic violence, I separated that.
Speaker 13: Mister, all too respect. Legal assyls are not charged with.
Speaker 11: Any crime when you're in the country. I legalist violation eight United States Cold thirteen to twenty five.
Speaker 13: Seeking asylum is legal.
Speaker 11: Do you want to seecresilmon to go through the port of entry? Do it the legal way. The Attorney General of the United States has made that clear.
Speaker 6: Okay, that is.
Speaker 2: A textbook example of one person dealing in facts and the other person dealing in feelings. And I don't need to tell you who ultimately triumphs.
Speaker 3: He's good, and.
Speaker 4: He is good, and I've got a feeling that he's going to conduct all his duties while riding a horse. But what it speaks, that's right. I mean, this guy is like it's just like he's a gunslinger. He's Walker Texas Ranger in real life. But it speaks more too. And again, maybe we saw it a bit with the sixty minutes questions, maybe we saw it more with AOC But this actually speaks to the whole reason why the Democrats just had their asses handed to them at the last election. Now, the one demographic that is hurt the most by unchecked illegal immigration is poor working people, low skilled and unskilled low paid workers. And that is overwhelmingly in and as we've seen him surprised price. Where was the biggest turnaround, the biggest demographic that turnaround and voted for Donald Trump. In the case of the men, first time ever he got a majority Latinos Hispanics. So these were people who were not voting along racial lines as the Democrats expected them to, because identity politics is fundamentally most outrageously racist, eugenicist prism of thinking you're Latino, you're going to vote for us, or seventy percent of you will, or whatever it was, or you're black, you're going to vote for us. And another big shift that we saw more black voters coming, black mail voters coming to Donald Trump. Again, these are the demographics that are the most likely to be in low paid, underpaid work, and unskilled work. And these are the people whose jobs are most at threat by illeglim coming in, working on the brand market, working in the cash economy, working for rich people, like many of the people who now dominate the Democrats and dominate the liberal East of West Coast media in America. And these people just cannot see it. They cannot see that by waving the flag and showing how holier than they are they are about these people coming in and It is just showing how holy of them that they are because they're not the ones dealing with them. They're not ones.
Speaker 5: Pretty much.
Speaker 4: When they come to the northeastern New England states, suddenly they go oh no, no, not.
Speaker 3: Here, no, not here.
Speaker 4: It's like when you try to build an apartment block in Mossman. Oh, we support the housing crisis, but it's just not here. Oh we support asylum, says, but oh no, not in Martha's Vineyard. And it is this is the reason why the Dems lost in Landslide. They were not representing the interests of working people. And it's actually pretty clear they didn't even know or care what the interests of working people were, because if they realized that, they'd realize that the biggest threat to low income, you know, Hispanic workers in America legally is low income, low skilled Hispanic workers and entering America illegally. But because they see everything, you know, it's almost not an exaggeration to say that they are so absolutely racist in their virtue. To them, they just all.
Speaker 3: Look the same.
Speaker 4: They're all just oh, they're all just Hispanics. They'll all just vote for US legal and that's a disgusting way to look at people you want to you know, you want to look at you know, you wouldn't look at, you know, Charles Manson and Ronald Reagan and say, oh, they're both white. They're probably going to vote the same way, or they probably have the same values. This is this is the this is why this result is and must be the death of identity politics once.
Speaker 3: And for all.
Speaker 2: And the other thing that will be interesting is to see here in Australia whether the Albanezy government wakes up to the fact that you can't get immigration and borders wrong, otherwise you'll be punished at the ballot box. The other thing you shouldn't get wrong is freedom of speech, something Trump is determined to address his Donald Trump talking about just that.
Speaker 1: If we don't have free speech, then we just don't have a free country. It's as simple as that. If this most fundamental rate is allowed to perish, then the rest of our rights and liberties will topple, just like dominoes. One by one, they'll go down. That's why today I'm announcing my plan to shatter the left wing censorship resume, and to reclaim the right to free speech for all Americans.
Speaker 2: He goes on to talk about the fact that he will ban federal agencies from talking about misinformation and trying to cramp down on dis information.
Speaker 3: JD.
Speaker 2: Vance went as far as saying America's allies should also respect freedom of speech, or otherwise the United States might be reluctant to deal with them.
Speaker 14: It's insane that we would support a military alliance if that military alliance isn't.
Speaker 3: Going to be pro free speech.
Speaker 14: I think we can do both, but we've got to say American power comes with certain strings attached. One of those is respect free speech, especially in our European allies. Like, look, I'm not going to go to some backwoods country and tell them how to live their lives. But European countries should theoretically share American values, especially about some very basic things like free speech.
Speaker 3: So this, this is incredible.
Speaker 2: Here we are sitting in Australia watching the president elect and his vice president elect saying we are going to protect free speech. This misinformation, disinformation, it's rubbish.
Speaker 3: We're not going to stand.
Speaker 2: For it, and neither are we going to allow our allies to stand for it. Meanwhile, here in Australia, what's happening.
Speaker 5: We're having our hearings help Parliament's talking about.
Speaker 6: The very same thing, only they're doing the opposite. They're all about censorship.
Speaker 5: We haven't stopped talking about their misinformation disinformation bill. They say that this bill is going to combat it. Well, quite a few people speaking to the hearing happening in Parliament just yesterday seem to have a very different idea about what this.
Speaker 6: Bill was going to do.
Speaker 5: Here's Akma Representative though, James Krishold saying no, No, I think everyone is misunderstanding what this bill is about actually going to protect human rights.
Speaker 12: The bill actually strengthens human rights protections for the reasons that mister Hole's outline by strengthening and ensuring the online environment minimizes or prevents information that would in fact have those serious consequences to the range of rights that mister Hole's outline, including in relation to individual safety and health and well being, and to the sort of the rights that are there spelled out. So we think that they actually go a long way to helping to protect human rights rather than the minimize them.
Speaker 3: That's a great sold Kamala Harris would be presiding.
Speaker 6: She would, I think she's envious.
Speaker 5: James Christiaal just a you know, humble master's degree in human rights.
Speaker 6: Right here? What are you talking about? Okay?
Speaker 5: It is not a human right to be comfortable. It is not a human right to never be offended. It is not a human right not to be challenged. It's not even a human right not to be insulted or to be confronted with information or someone's opinion that might make you feel squeamish inside. What on earth are you talking about when you're talking about human rights? It simply doesn't make sense. But to a massive bugbear of mine, you.
Speaker 6: Would have heard me talk about every time.
Speaker 5: This age verification comes up for online, and I say, it's got nothing to do with protecting teenagers. In my own humble opinion, I think it's got everything to do with their massive concern about this issue cropped up just roughly two weeks after they'd passed their digital ID bill.
Speaker 6: Well, here's my mate, David.
Speaker 5: Schubridge checking out, just fat checking what exactly and how exactly they're going to do this without making everyone verify their identity online.
Speaker 6: Check out their answer.
Speaker 15: Of course, if you're testing to see if someone's thirteen or fourteen, or fifteen or sixteen, you're also testing to see by definition if they're sixteen plus. So if there's going to be age verification, everybody is going to have to go through an age verification process, won't they.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, So.
Speaker 15: This isn't just about the privacy or collecting data about kids.
Speaker 6: This is literally everybody access in social media.
Speaker 15: That's how it has to work, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, irs my game, there's already as them.
Speaker 4: It's on it, like you have to be thirteen plus, I think on Insta and Facebook and stuff, so you're put in your date of birth like, oh my god, no, I'm.
Speaker 6: Over sixteen digital ID and you know it.
Speaker 5: This is not already everything we've got, Yes, I'm over six years of age, which is currently all Facebook, Insta, all the others.
Speaker 6: That's all they do. They're just checking your age and then any kid the age of five.
Speaker 5: You could be like, so what we are talking about here is verification and there is no way, as David Schuber has just forced them to admit, you can't verify something like that without everyone having their digital ID and happening to front up.
Speaker 2: It was a great question and he absolutely nailed. Shubridge a green very well.
Speaker 4: Going to mark this day in history. We're going to go exactly when we're coming back.
Speaker 2: The Australian newspaper tomorrow reporting just how much the public service has expanded under the Albanesi government.
Speaker 3: It will shock you. That's coming up in a monment. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Let's check out tomorrow's front pages. Joe, you've got the Australian and the Public Service.
Speaker 4: I certainly do have Australian and no one's got the public se because it's just too big for any one man to handle. The main strap on the OS says inflate. This PM's public sector splurge costs taxpayers extra five billion roll Scooby. Taxpayers have been slugged with eight five billion dollar spike in the wages bill for the Commonwealth bureaucracy, with Labour adding more than twenty six thousand new permanent public servants to the payroll since it was.
Speaker 6: Elected twenty six thousand.
Speaker 4: I knew you'd get upset.
Speaker 6: Thousdd new job, but.
Speaker 4: When you break it down, it's only ten thousand a year since they were elected.
Speaker 6: So this is utterly insane.
Speaker 5: So now the cost for the Commonwealth public.
Speaker 6: Sector across the country has gone from.
Speaker 5: Thirty two billion thirty two point five billion in June twenty twenty two, which was a measly two and a bit years ago, to thirty seven billion dollars with a total workforce of three hundred and sixty five thousand, four hundred people.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't even mind if you were doing a good job.
Speaker 5: If I was just like, yeah, go a government, mate, we are are kick in.
Speaker 6: But our country has never been doing better.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, hire another twenty six thousand, let's do even better. But no, Now, more than ever, public servants have the worst reputation at being utterly useless government wastage.
Speaker 6: And this is the government who has.
Speaker 5: Just added twenty six thousand in two.
Speaker 6: And a bit years to their workforce.
Speaker 5: This is the government who likes to front the press and tell us with a serious face, the RBA.
Speaker 6: Has got it wrong. Government spending isn't driving inflation. I mean, are you kidding me? An extra five billion? This genuinely believe.
Speaker 2: It does seem to be an inverse relationship between the number of public servants and the amount of service the public receives. And it's not just federally. The article goes on to say that labor. Governments in the States and at a local government level are compounding the problem. It's thirty seven billion dollars annually for federal public servants. It's two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year for public servants.
Speaker 6: Right, it's a labor thing.
Speaker 4: You'll be pleased to know. I know you know, I know you think it's bad, but you'll be pleased to know. All twenty six thousand of those new public servants voted for the voice.
Speaker 2: So imagine if those extra twenty six thousand public servants, who probably aren't helping that much, were I don't know, doing a trade.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they Nuther fives. But one of the things the government did say was going to do was cut down on outsourcing. So we're on the PwC scan. Huge contracts were given out by I gotta find it's possible that there is an extra payroll cost that has been picked up because they have been outsourcing it, and maybe that money has been saved elsewhere.
Speaker 5: It's terrifying about this kind of government growth. Is even if God intervenes and we do get a liberal government next year, are they really.
Speaker 6: Going to fire.
Speaker 5: Those brand new twenty six thousand people. I don't think so it's very hard to cut down on government spending and growth quite like that.
Speaker 6: That is utterly insen You know.
Speaker 2: How the campaign will go right, Labor will say you can't elect a coalition government because if the coalition get into power, they're going to cut the public service.
Speaker 3: So this is how that would do it. Jobs, you build the public service.
Speaker 2: The future opposition of going to cut the public service if they win office, and so everyone votes for the government because they want to.
Speaker 4: Keep the acat liberal government could be booted out of off it.
Speaker 5: What a loss to the state of the nation that would be. To the front page of the advertiser. Now heads butt over new smoke laws. Individual cigarettes must have health warnings printed on their but by April next year. A move insider say, we'll push more smokers toward.
Speaker 6: The tobacco black market.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, how is this supposed to crack down on smoking? Are people supposed to be enjoying a cigarette going cross eyed reading the butt and being.
Speaker 6: Like, actually, maybe I should rethink this. I mean, it's a bit late at that point.
Speaker 4: Can I say, as someone who's had a health warning on my butt for years now? It really works.
Speaker 2: There's no way this is all going to work, and as the articles suggest, it's only.
Speaker 3: Going to drive the black market. I pay that much money.
Speaker 2: They actually say that because of manufacturing complexities in putting a warning on every cigarette. But we may actually have a situation in this country where there's not a single legal cigarette to be smoked because none of them have warnings by times as jew which I think is in April.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the manufacturers are like, fair, go mate, we spit out millions of these. We're just supposed to fix the smoking printing press and now all they it's just ridiculous afterly ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, there's some good news for regional Australians. The cans Post is reporting that Rex has been thrown a lifeline by the government. The Albanezi government has issued eighty million dollars in funding to Rex Airlines following the carrier's announcement to extend voluntary administration securing the future of critical regional routes for Queenslanders until just after the next election. The article doesn't say that I just added that part in Rex fly.
Speaker 4: It was implied in the copy. We say in the newspaper I'll.
Speaker 2: Keep Rex flying until June, a federal election probably around May, so that's quite convenient. The government hasn't revealed yet whether the eighty million dollars is a loan or a grant. I guess we'll find that out, but it's good news for regional Australia who rely on REX airlines, and of course for US dwellers commuting from capital cities. The A triple C say, has gone up thirteen percent on average if it is between major cities since REX exited those routes, So good news for regional.
Speaker 4: Good news for regional. I think whether it's a loane or not basically depends on whether REX gets out of administration or not, because obviously it's incapable of paying it back. But if it is up short word, but you're absolutely right the price gouging by the other airlines. And as I say, this is someone who is not a member of the Chairman's lounge. But it's been crazy. We had to fly to Melbourne at my whole family and my sister and her family for a funeral of a basically kind of like my stepfather, and it just happened to be the day the Monday after Grand Final. I think it was, and the prices were just phenomenal. I was, I understand demand is going to be higher on Grand Final weekend in Melbourne. But you know, he's also got a lot of planes. You know, you could actually put more plans on and you've got so many people coming you would be recouping your profit margins because of the sheer volume of traffic that is coming in. So it seems to me that, you know, maybe they just didn't have enough baggage handlers. Still, it's only been three years since COVID.
Speaker 5: But the only question now is why didn't they do this sooner?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Because we were talking about this months ago.
Speaker 6: She's going down what is ruleless late? Like some of the flying.
Speaker 4: Doctors, I was a spin doctor who worked in government. Their favorite way to describe any policy they announced was long overdue because it meant that they knew they definitely got it right. I just want to quickly take you to our national capital once more.
Speaker 3: This evening.
Speaker 4: This is the front page of the Canberra Times. You will see that the main splash head is agencies hit back at Audit and the pick splash, as we say in the business, is everybody is worthy. I would just like to say, for the record, the story that we're going to be focusing on is neither of them, because that is my born fruck Paes, I've everything, What the hell is going on? Agencies hit back at order, agencies have put back, pushed back on a damning order.
Speaker 6: Office.
Speaker 4: Why did you just do the whole frog page about superinduation, just gearing a picture altogether?
Speaker 6: Why bother later down?
Speaker 2: It's almost worth getting a copy of tomorrow's Cambra Times just to note how bad it is.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, wa Beach Go is amazed to find an emperor penguin three and a half thousand.
Speaker 3: Kilometers from home that's coming out with one.
Speaker 2: I said, before the break, we're going to talk about penguins. But before we talk about penguins, Liz, we're going to talk about monkeys.
Speaker 6: I love this story.
Speaker 5: So there's forty three monkeys in South Carolina and they are bred for medical research. But these guys have decided to take out of their compound and just have a field day.
Speaker 6: Forty three of them.
Speaker 5: And now just swinging around in the trees surrounding the compound, having a great time. The CEO of Alpha Genesis who's in charge of the medical research at said compound.
Speaker 6: His name's Greg Westergard.
Speaker 5: He said they are very social monkeys, and they tend to travel in groups.
Speaker 6: So when the first.
Speaker 5: Couple go out the door, the others tend to just follow right along. I think they are having an adventure, and I think, Greg, buddy, you're not getting your monkeys back after this taste of freedom. Apparently compound workers are trying to lure them back with food. But if these guys are half as smart as where told monkeys are, why on earth would they go back to a medical lab.
Speaker 6: Also, I love this story. It's like Sure Shank Redemption. It's like this everything, so many illustrations.
Speaker 4: Interestingly, forty three bats also escaped from a research facility in Wuha. World Health Organization says there's nothing to worry about. It totally fine.
Speaker 2: While those monkeys wanted to get away from their cages, there's an emperor penguin that just wanted to get away from the cold. It traveled three and a half thousand kilometers and turned up on the beach on a town of Denmark in the West Australian Coast, not Denmark. The town is called Denmark. It's on the West Australian coast. Have listened to this surfer who was the first one to spot the penguin when it waddled ashore.
Speaker 3: What's on the beach?
Speaker 16: So what was one doing in Australia last week?
Speaker 5: This big bird in the water was kind of like coming out of the waves and my mate was like, oh, that's a penguin.
Speaker 16: Aaron Fowler here was wrapping up a beach day with family and friends when after a lovely surf, he and his meet witness pissibly the first ever emperor penguin landing upone Western Australian shores.
Speaker 9: He just waddled over to us and like came right up to us. Like I think he might have thought we were penguin or something because we had wet suits.
Speaker 16: On experts estimate is less than a year old, but male emperor penguins can grow over four feet tall.
Speaker 2: The surface, said he and other beach goes when they saw this thing coming out of the water, they thought, oh, it must be some sort of water bird. And then as it came out of the water, it got taller and tall. It was about a meter tall, and they realized it's a penguin.
Speaker 3: It's now being.
Speaker 2: Looked after and sprayed continually with cold water because obviously it's been quite a change of temperature.
Speaker 4: Like me on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Indeed, that's all we've got time for tonight. Stick around. Redepenehey is coming up in just a moment.