Speaker 1: Jason No.
Speaker 2: One hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning everybody work on a Wednesday morning?
Speaker 3: How are we all?
Speaker 1: We are good? Good?
Speaker 4: I'm good morning morning, Clint.
Speaker 5: Do you.
Speaker 1: Tell am? I yeah, cheeky mood.
Speaker 3: I had a bad sleep.
Speaker 4: I woke up too.
Speaker 3: My dog woke up. I could hear her doing something and I was like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 4: What was she doing?
Speaker 3: No, she was doing, Clint. She was drinking from the toilet in the spare I'm sweet. So all I could hear was this banging because the collar was bad, and I was like, what is that noise?
Speaker 1: I think from the toilet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, where does she get that social cue from?
Speaker 3: I was like, it's two am, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Then I went down to her bowl, thinking she had no water and ever ol, but that was full. She just obviously didn't want to go downstairs. She's lazy like a mother.
Speaker 1: Tell what you do then?
Speaker 3: But then I got stressed and I couldn't sleep, so I was like, what if she's poisoned herself from all the chemicals the toilet To sleep those two I went back to sleep at like four twenties before my alarm went off. And anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Remember when I was growing up, mum putting some chemicals in the toilets, and they were like bright blue, like floral blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, some of them do that. Yeah, the little ball thing that's safe.
Speaker 4: The ball things.
Speaker 3: There's many different ones. I get overwhelmed in that island supermarket.
Speaker 1: I don't like the gel ones that stick on the It just looks like it's like, come on, you just you want to you know, you need to go to the doctor. Mane you're pulling out a highlighter. You need to get that checked.
Speaker 5: It's like, actually, like meo, my man needs to put the little things in the cistern in the.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is no sister in any of mine.
Speaker 1: How do you go about that? If you button's not working?
Speaker 3: I either tell you the story about when the toilet Chat.
Speaker 4: New York and you told me off the air and what you know what you.
Speaker 1: Got to go down, Lauren. You have got to do it. Hey, we're doing hold it just gives the tea it was you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no no no. Did we have do we have a no no no no no.
Speaker 4: We had a situation.
Speaker 3: Someone can tell that.
Speaker 1: Someone can't go back to New York City ever. Oh my god, let's just say she left some baggage behind me.
Speaker 5: How about if I tell the story for you about.
Speaker 3: Blocked a lot of it out of my memory.
Speaker 1: Speaking of blocks, we're coming back with the story on the other side of this. Welcome to your Wednesday. We had a huge shake coming up Melbourne later on after seven. On a much more serious note, today, the machete bends come into a fair from mid day. From mid day, a lot of camping shop owners on the news last night I saw blowing up about it, saying we've had no communication, no notice. We're going to be joined by one of the top cops. We've got a commander in this morning. Behave now we know we have Cheesy, our friendly cop. This is Cheesy's boss, the big dog, the big dog. Okay, command a big dog joining us this morning after seven thirty. I don't think that's his name. Lauren never been to New York.
Speaker 3: I stupidly brought this up before, and I wish I didn't. I said, if you just changed in, I did say to the boys, but I can tell you that story about what happened in New York because we were talking about toilets.
Speaker 4: It's very rare saying you squirm.
Speaker 3: Because I don't like toilet chat is one of the funny things.
Speaker 1: It's very rare. I know a story in Clint doesn't know, but.
Speaker 3: I remember telling you and you were like, don't tell me, tell me on air and I was like, no, it can'ts too embarrassing. And here we are an abridged version of it. So I in New York, my friend, and it was late, it was in early hours of the morning, without a long night, and we were still in this bar, and there was there was the toilet, there was the women's and men and then where we were we were in like a little booth and there was sort of a separate just like a one off kind of private toilet for if you heard the table or a booth or if you're in that section or whatever. Yeah, like a unisex And and I went to go to the bathroom and I did, and then I went to flush it and the toilet wouldn't flush, but it just filled up some morning started bringing everything.
Speaker 4: To the top and don't flush again.
Speaker 3: But it was I was like, oh, yeah, well I flushed again, filled up and I was like, oh I had I'd had.
Speaker 4: A lot to drink.
Speaker 3: So my I wasn't thinking in the sharp. I wasn't the shark, but I was in a panic because I was like someone might have done it before me. I did block it. I was the one that was going to walk out, and whoever was next was going to be. So I was like, what do I do? Because it's not like it's not like a women's there's a whole road, there's only one. And if I well, I didn't ruin it, but if it was ruined for everyone, I was like, I've got to fix the situation. And in my state I was in, it wasn't a situation. It was water and tissu and I was like, oh no, no. My friend Lucy was out. She was waiting outside to go next, and so I was like, shiver, it's and I went to open my bag and it was just a comedy of areas. I broke the clasp off my bag and I couldn't get my phone out of my bag. So I was like, cross, what am I.
Speaker 2: Going to do?
Speaker 3: So I like did that thing? I opened and I stuck my head out and Loose was out there. I'm like, quick coming, I need to help you, and she's like what have you? What have you done, my best friend, I need your help. And it was this beautiful, big bathroom and it had this bars in the corner with flowers. No, no, he goes, oh, I've seen this before. If you actually pour water in from the top in the system and it'll flush it out like when it fills up, it'll.
Speaker 1: So you're taking just to set the scene here, you've got a swimming pool, the toilet. You can take the lid off the system and you to pour the water goes like a primer pool pump.
Speaker 3: She goes get the flowers out of the sink. So I'm like holding these dried flowers and she's trying to fill this bars up under the tiny little sink in the bathroom and there is stuff going everywhere. So she's like, hey, we'll take the top off and this is definitely going to work. So as she tips it upside down. It was a vase. It wasn't glass, it was ceramic. So there was all of this like dirt and like dead flowers and everything in the in the grime in the bottom of the vase. So we've now clogged the whole thing with all these flowers that came out the water in the cistern and in the thing. So there's just dead dirt flowers. This is on New Year's even New York, by the way, people around, people banging going by, Can you hurry up there?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: And we thell are we going to do? And so we completely ruined it. The whole thing was it was full of mud. It was it was dirt because it was dirt mixed in the water. We were in there for twenty minutes with people banging the door and.
Speaker 4: In the system. It looked like to use the toilet.
Speaker 3: Just kept getting at words and words, and I was like, Louis, we just need to walk out and heads down and leave and we need to leave this place. And that's exactly what we did. And as I walked out, I said to the security guard, I think there's something wrong with that private bath room and he goes, oh, yeah, we've had issues with that before, and I was like, okay, it wasn't me.
Speaker 4: But I like your jumper, don't I like it too?
Speaker 3: Jason's wearing hot pink.
Speaker 4: It's like a highlight a pink.
Speaker 3: The issue with it is the shorts.
Speaker 4: Can you stand up?
Speaker 3: Because he's gone the hot pink jumper, which we discussed yesterday. It doesn't work, but actually I don't hate it. But they do say pink and green should never be seen.
Speaker 4: Or just just never seen. Give us a look. What are they?
Speaker 1: They're black?
Speaker 4: Off black? Hang on, are you serious?
Speaker 3: Color blind?
Speaker 1: No, I'm excellent to do.
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Are you are you doing that?
Speaker 1: Is that is off? Black? Mate?
Speaker 4: That is greenca green?
Speaker 3: Like could not be more green? Is this when we go to the phone room going are you taking the producers?
Speaker 4: Mate? Oh? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: They are green?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course they're green.
Speaker 3: They're proper green. No, they're green. Cockatoo's on them like Australiana. They're green and yellow.
Speaker 1: That's green.
Speaker 3: No, that's lime green.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. They're as green as the leaves on the trees.
Speaker 3: They're actually greener than the leaves on my Sorry, is this a girl.
Speaker 4: In the blue slash? Green dress? Situation? Silver dress?
Speaker 3: No, one is green the silver blue dress?
Speaker 4: Silver blue? That's right?
Speaker 3: Anyway, we like the jump part looks good?
Speaker 4: Is it cozy?
Speaker 1: It is so the jumpers pink and Lauren was on the phone when I when I purchased it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Don't say you don't want to be like me. By the way, I wore a pink yesterday. I think I'm going to go on by. You think I could wear pink, I'm going to go and buy a pink hoodie.
Speaker 1: I was at the shop.
Speaker 4: I was talking about go for and I have.
Speaker 3: That exact jumper you've gone and bought. Am I your style?
Speaker 1: No you are not. I bought the cheaper version. Mine doesn't have a little horse on it. But I was at the shop and I was like, pink controversial.
Speaker 3: Went to controversial because you spoke about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, quite bright, you know, and you had cop crap from you guys.
Speaker 3: Now you haven't copped any crap. We like it.
Speaker 4: Well, strong men were pink, Well real men.
Speaker 1: I walked out of the shop and harang Lauren when I just bought the pink jumper because the sales assistant told me I looked good in it. Yeah, she was very pretty.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: She was like, you look great.
Speaker 3: That did you go to carcake green as well?
Speaker 4: Which I told you yeah, I got that.
Speaker 3: Well, luck you didn't wear it with the shorts because you look like you're in a Safari suits queen.
Speaker 4: It's so green.
Speaker 3: Hey. On thirteen twenty four ten, I want to know or we want to know, have you hooked up with someone at work? The juicy of the story the better, the boss, have you hooked up with anyone at work?
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty number He.
Speaker 3: Doesn't want to add exclusively give the best story at two hundred dollars Cogan voucher.
Speaker 1: I have dabbled in the work, Yes you have. I I remember getting my first on air shift and it was like the graveyard shift from midnight till six am, and there was a girl who was just finishing and were sort of crossing over and we sort of hooked up in the studio and I got caught up, caught up, and the song finished and the radio station went.
Speaker 4: Off, here, oho, what you stopped her in the stoop in the studio?
Speaker 3: We're just like and she actually hit play on the emergency to get the hell outum there, she's just Commando Agency services.
Speaker 1: Next day, the boss was like, why are we getting reports on the computer that we were just a little pash, just the little cuddle, just randomly like like she was finishing.
Speaker 3: I was had there been any kind of flirtatious activity leading up to that one hit? One day there at the time.
Speaker 4: And then we're both here at midnight and were you known as Labby at the time?
Speaker 1: Moving on?
Speaker 3: Actually, if it was in the building, it was single and we're both working at nothing else to do.
Speaker 4: Look at her back.
Speaker 3: In the studio.
Speaker 4: That is a fair distinction, not one part of the fiber.
Speaker 3: Case. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Is this because of.
Speaker 3: Now? What's happened? What she done? She was doing it performance?
Speaker 4: Well, she was hosting the a m AS and she was in Vegas, Star.
Speaker 3: American, so she lies on her Yeah, and she knew what.
Speaker 4: She was Oh yeah, as host.
Speaker 5: She opened that She opened her own show by singing, by dancing by three backup dancers and full pash. I think it was a broken two chicks that that she pashed. She macked on with them. The first pash was a lot more tongue than the other two.
Speaker 1: We're hosting the Sony Foundation tomorrow. Laurence should like when we shark.
Speaker 3: On stage, isn't that Amy shark?
Speaker 4: I should?
Speaker 3: I shan't be doing that. I haven't read the.
Speaker 4: Script all the sharky sharky.
Speaker 3: No, well maybe i'll pash the dramma.
Speaker 1: Poor drummer just cooled sick.
Speaker 3: I mean, was it hot or not?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was it was just from your perspective.
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 3: Did scream a bit desperate because we walked in? It was hot?
Speaker 4: It was it was. The first pash was good, and then it just got a little bit predictable.
Speaker 3: After a bit sloppy seconds. Who did she pash first?
Speaker 4: The bloke?
Speaker 3: And is that hot? Do you think that's what watching a girl kiss a man?
Speaker 9: Or you?
Speaker 3: You guys just like watching girls kissing girls? Which bit of it was hot?
Speaker 4: And everyone's gone, no, she's directing it?
Speaker 1: You No, it wasn't you.
Speaker 4: Put it this way.
Speaker 5: It was a bit that I felt that you said you liked j Low kissing the girls is a bit more transactional. Yes, to get to the bloke, let's daddy tongue down the throat lingered, She lingered.
Speaker 3: And she didn't linger with the girls no more? Can I say? Can we get it up on the screen.
Speaker 1: Let's go to John in mint day. John, you work at a wedding reception. What happened?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I was the bartender and the wedding coordinator. You have to take a bottle of champagne down to the bridal suite for the newly newly weds to go down and celebrate and then one thing went to another and we shared a kiss down there.
Speaker 1: The bride and the ground the wedding coordinator and.
Speaker 11: Wedding wedding coordinator. She was my boss and I was a bartender.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so you went down to the bridal suite and had a.
Speaker 4: Little poor sweet before the couple eving. Was it just was it just a kiss?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 11: I was just a kiss that one time, and then a few more times after that.
Speaker 3: It was, oh, this is a better story. I thought you went down and kissed the bride.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, no, of course.
Speaker 4: That's a bit of fun.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: That's a romantic place we got asking for romance.
Speaker 4: We got one.
Speaker 1: Speaking of romantic locations, let's go to anonymous. You work at Woollies?
Speaker 3: Oh god, can you tell me it was in the freezer?
Speaker 12: No, it's actually a little bit saltier than that. I'm dating my manager's son.
Speaker 1: Just the manager know Ryan, now she does.
Speaker 12: We did keep it under wraps for quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Does he also work at Woollies?
Speaker 9: Not anymore?
Speaker 12: Up until about a month ago, he did.
Speaker 13: It was about that's why she knows that.
Speaker 4: Where were you hooking up on?
Speaker 12: Oh, the couple of locations that they probably shouldn't have been.
Speaker 1: But not on my fruit and vegeta money's on the delis No, no, no, no, nothing like that.
Speaker 12: There's a couple of sheds at the back of the top sheds.
Speaker 4: Is that where the truck's come in and out up against the bread crates?
Speaker 3: Oh, have cameras in there, like to make sure no one's stealing it.
Speaker 1: That's probably you know, it's more daring. Oh god, let's go to parliament thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 7: Carol, Hello, Carol, Hello, good morning everyone.
Speaker 1: Have you hooked up with someone to work from where we were working? There?
Speaker 7: Carol, I wasn't actually working. My father was a standing member of the local parliament, and I volunteered my services to the point that I'd get a phone call and I'd go up to the office to our local member of parliament and put it this way. I'd walk out the door, whiting my mouth and cleaning myself up.
Speaker 3: Hang on, did you say your Carol?
Speaker 4: Carol, I'm sure, hang on meeting.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get anymore.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: All I had was was where a dad worked. So who are you hooking up?
Speaker 1: I didn't know. That's not what I was sticking up.
Speaker 7: My dad was a sitting member.
Speaker 1: Of our local that's where you were there, and the actual.
Speaker 7: Sitting member of parliament. I'd get a one o one text on my phone, Oh the office is empty, come up, and I'd go up.
Speaker 4: So this is this?
Speaker 5: Is this like council? Or is this statement arts council? So you're on with the mayor?
Speaker 1: Was he wearing his robes the sat they wear the satin?
Speaker 7: There was no role playing.
Speaker 3: I was just and how long did that go on for Carol? Oh?
Speaker 13: That seven month?
Speaker 3: Did dad ever find out?
Speaker 7: Oh your dad, you.
Speaker 1: When leaving the roads?
Speaker 4: That makes you feel a bit better about paying your rates, doesn't It doesn't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be paying my rates.
Speaker 1: You just paid them, you know, just got six eight seven year old guys. Let's talk for god. I'm so excited about Friday nights game, Hawks hawksby Pies.
Speaker 4: It's a big one.
Speaker 3: That's a big one.
Speaker 4: Trying to get tickets silly as it sounds. Hawks need to win.
Speaker 3: You're trying to get tickets. Can't you get Why can't you get them? Is it sold out?
Speaker 1: Not yet?
Speaker 4: He wants.
Speaker 3: God, you're a tight as Just buy them like everyone else did.
Speaker 4: You ask Mason, no, he offered, Watson, what do you mean.
Speaker 3: He offered, and you said no, but you're still trying to get to you.
Speaker 1: No, no, yes, because he said, hey, do you want me to sort tickets out for you and the kids for any of the games. This is a night one will be too late for my boys, so I'll pull in that favor.
Speaker 3: When you just want to go and get on the biers who are going to go with and you, Oh God, I bet you a one hundred million dollars. He doesn't go.
Speaker 4: Anyway, He absolutely will not.
Speaker 3: Well, as I came out of my mouth, I don't actually have one hundred million dollars? What am I six?
Speaker 4: I bet you It is such a bet.
Speaker 5: You do when you're One guy that might have a hundred million dollars is Bailey Smith because he is one of the most marketable footballers in Australia right now. Everyone's talking about him, including Andrew Dylon. Because take you back to the weekend when he played the Bulldogs and someone he posted a photo a smiling Bailey Smith after the game and it attracted a few comments. One of them was from a punter which said nose beers. After the game mate, to which Bailey replied, nah, bro after the flag maybe though all this now.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he's a bit of a smart smart asses.
Speaker 4: Yeah he is. Now I'll get your reaction to what Bailey did after we hear from Andrew Dillon.
Speaker 10: Bailey is a role model and he has to be cognizant of that when he's engaging in the public or on social media. I know that the club are talking to Bailey and counseling about that and reminding him of you know that he's a role model for hundreds and thousands of boys and girls out there.
Speaker 3: Look, I get it. Does he need I don't think he needs counseling over it. He was just giving it back to someone who gave it to him. But you're right, he's a role model and it was a bit silly.
Speaker 1: I thought the club handled it well. Early in the week, I was saying, look, it's quite a balance of Yes, they're role models, but they're also young guys in their twenties growing up in a social media world.
Speaker 3: He's not going to throw his star player under the bus though. No, But Andrew Dyllan's right, it was a bit I think we all saw and when.
Speaker 4: No, well, It's one of those ones that you see and you're like, how on earth will people realcity?
Speaker 3: When I got sentence, I was like, no, that's someone's that's an I just assume everything like someone's well, I thought, and then I went on the patient. I was like, oh he wrote it.
Speaker 1: You sound like that probeague that got caught.
Speaker 4: He was astrated deputy deputy leader or something.
Speaker 3: He was. May I get to me.
Speaker 1: We got other footy news to talk as well. Let's bring in our next guest.
Speaker 5: Premiership player Will Schofield joins us his West coast through and through.
Speaker 4: Good morning to your Scoey. How are you doing morning?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Great, good to be with you guys. Are you guys?
Speaker 4: We're good? I'm well.
Speaker 5: I'm especially good because I'm a Melbourne supporter and I reckon the de's a flying at the moment.
Speaker 4: Five from their last six. Now my dreaming. I reckon we might be able to play September.
Speaker 8: You're back in business and Melwyn.
Speaker 4: Okay, so now you bring you down.
Speaker 8: You are back in business. Look, Max Gorn is the most important player in the AFL. Like his form and his importance to your side unbelievable. He's bald, he has a.
Speaker 4: Beard of anyone. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, I've spoken to Gorney at length about this. I'm I feel like he's just gone past my talent in terms of the game of the game, like he's just an absolute star. So Melbourne, look, yeah, I think you I think you might be able to challenge the finals. I just I just would hate to. You can't lose Dorney or Cozy and over here in the West Trio want Cozzy.
Speaker 4: Your hands off brother?
Speaker 6: Well, well, do you.
Speaker 8: Want Luke back? Because I think I think that you think you want Luke Jackson back.
Speaker 1: It's not trade week.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of hands off, Will, there's a lot of chat about Harley Reed. Do we think he's going to be coming back to Melbourne? Not Melbourne Footy Club, but back to Victoria Russian?
Speaker 8: I think the chat from from Victoria look over here in the West, right, So, so just a bit of context. I'm from July, I'm a Victorian, I'm in West Australian media and I just have to put up with West Australia all day long, right, so I do understand the Victoria West Australian sort of side of things. I think people from Victoria I want Harley ready to come back clearly from Western Australia. I want Harley ready to stay here.
Speaker 3: What does Harley Reid want?
Speaker 1: Well, that is genuine mummy.
Speaker 8: Well I think Harley. Look, I actually have a little bit to do with Harley. He's a country kid. He's from tong Gala in Victoria. He's not from Hawthorne, He's not from uh you know, Corefield East.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. But unfortunately Tanangala aren't going to have the budget for Harley reed to play.
Speaker 8: Well, they probably would like him fact, but what I'm saying is he's not from Melbourne, He's from country Victoria. So going home isn't going home to Melbourne, going home and would be going home to Tongala. As you said, the tong Gara Thirds aren't getting into play in the four pocket for him. So look, I think maybe as it stands his days here I think always the quiet sort of time.
Speaker 1: How much long has he got left on his cover year?
Speaker 8: The other year he's got another year, Like you know, his form hasn't been amazing this year either, But like I don't know what's happened over with you guys, But over here in Harley's first year he was on the back page eighty seven times in the paper. Sam Lawler, he looks like a great kid as well. Sam Moore had two touches on the weekend. Have Me is the other back page because of that.
Speaker 4: He was though when his tackle fell out.
Speaker 1: That's right, yeah, pay special edition. You can see every game of every AFL round live plus over fifty of the world's best sports. Formula one. I was watching on the weekend on KO Sports. Get a Monster.
Speaker 3: I know it's up next to Spanish GPS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's coming up. Hey, well, thanks for jumping on this morning mate.
Speaker 4: Good only Scaley.
Speaker 8: Thanks you guys have a great line.
Speaker 4: That's you.
Speaker 1: Well, Good morning Melbourne. It has just gone eight past seven. Big day today, more for us here in Melbourne. Machete ban comes into effect.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not going to affect the large a lot of people because.
Speaker 1: Well, I think at the moment any sort of I agree.
Speaker 3: I agree. It feels like it's sure we're going.
Speaker 4: In the but is it going to work? Is it just going to drive stuff under.
Speaker 3: The people who have machetes that they already have them. Yeah, they're troublemakers.
Speaker 5: Are they going down to get from somewhere We're hoping it's a lot like the gun buy back was back in the nineties where handed in their guns, which they're dreaming, which you know, if they're already underground, they're underground.
Speaker 1: If you're going to machete for a bad reason, then yeah, you're not handing that. In Barkley, we've got a man in the no coming in.
Speaker 3: But look, it'll put less in the community. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: If it makes it harder for him to get it, then I vote for it. Yeah. Coming up after seven thirty a very special probe the POPO. We've got Commander Tim Tully in to talk more about it before that. Though. I love a good wedding too.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's been a while since I've been to it.
Speaker 1: I'm am seeing a wedding in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, being an MC at a wedding is a big, very stressful job.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it's Zoe, who's a good friend of how she's the kids swim teacher and looks after the kids sometimes.
Speaker 3: What you're the kids swim teacher. So she's your friends, just like we've.
Speaker 1: We've gotten to know them over the years. I've met her family around.
Speaker 4: There was she was she in her rashi in the pool.
Speaker 1: Can you my wedding?
Speaker 3: Are you charging it? And you're getting free free swimming lessons.
Speaker 1: She's become a family friend. The only concern I've got is her partner. Ned it's quite straight one eighty.
Speaker 3: His family you got, Well, you've really got to consider that. I know someone who got married recently and the best man made this speech and the bride ended up in tears.
Speaker 1: And no, I'm not going to do that. It'll be all above ball.
Speaker 3: And also you're just the facilitator, You're not the best man.
Speaker 4: Don't throw her in the deep end.
Speaker 3: I saw on Instagram last night this clip that went viral of these two bridesmaids at their best friend's winning and they sung they rewrote the words to Adela and they sung Hello from your brides Man, and the words were so funny.
Speaker 1: You think I should do a single? Long?
Speaker 3: You should do Hello from your MC. No, I don't recommend. Okay, let's work on. We could work on a collector.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to go with that. Should I bring a choir in backup singers?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're talking weddings next. Wait till you hear how one bloke arrived and walk down the aisle at his wedding. We'll go there after Alex Warren.
Speaker 3: Let's talk weddings, wedding chat, what's happened, wedding.
Speaker 1: Chat and from one of our favorites, A.
Speaker 3: Pleasure to.
Speaker 4: Please come with me and we'll talk about.
Speaker 3: Clean one.
Speaker 4: Father of the Bride, two francs, mister bar, mister.
Speaker 1: One episode from a pleasure on Mutual hundred. It is topic.
Speaker 3: His assistants.
Speaker 1: Have you not seen Father of the Bride?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 1: You know what? You are? The front of this team.
Speaker 3: The bar Can you do his whole segment?
Speaker 1: I want to talk about a groom in Sydney who has made quite an elaborate arrival to his wedding.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I've seen like the flower girls be replaced with blokes before handing out beers instead of like this bloke arrived at his wedding.
Speaker 5: Sick my goodness. He's on a He's on a gray horse in a white suit, leading.
Speaker 4: The procession session of cars to the wedding.
Speaker 1: Don't you think the guy holding the horses reins with his hat backwards takes the getting jittery.
Speaker 3: I think the thing is if you're going to ride a horse into your wedding.
Speaker 1: You need to know how to ride a horse.
Speaker 3: You can't of a handler leading you like you're on a phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks like he's on the pony ride.
Speaker 3: But it's his wedding, guid and I went to guard and grant his wedding, and he rode up the beach on a horse.
Speaker 14: And grant me.
Speaker 1: He looks like a horse.
Speaker 4: These guys are walking through the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to bring in that's I want to bring in a market.
Speaker 3: It's his wedding. Let him do what you want.
Speaker 1: Guys. I found a fronk franc g the wedding planner from g what a wedding dot com dot? Are you good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning morning g.
Speaker 1: You're our resident fro g. You would have seen some crackers in your time working the wedding industry.
Speaker 12: Absolutely. Actually, my brother's getting married into the My mom wants a horse as well, So it's really funny that the conversations today.
Speaker 3: She's just got to know how to ride it, because I think turning up on a miniature Shetland pony is kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 8: We'll get a big one, is it okay?
Speaker 4: Is it okay to ride a horse into your wedding?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: The extra I say, so.
Speaker 3: What are some of the crazy things you've seen at a wedding?
Speaker 12: I think, yeah, so we we've been a wedding plan for about eighteen years. So what about grooms flew in all of his grooms men by a helicopters a crown and they landed at under the Yarra.
Speaker 3: It was a crown and they're on the roof. Was there anyone there to see them land? It's not like you're in the Yarra valley where all the guests are there and you see them land.
Speaker 12: So no, the guests was sort of insight because it was a bit of a cold day. But we all ran there with a photography videophots. It's all captured and everything.
Speaker 3: Wedding to be worse for a female, Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: You never know, you never know.
Speaker 1: If you chop it in.
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 1: Jay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We we have.
Speaker 12: Transported mushrooms from Melbourne because my bride was vegan. Yeah, to the destination Ireland, so we could have the Line's the main mushroom for our main.
Speaker 3: The Lion's main mushroom drink. Yesterday, No, they're not poisonous.
Speaker 4: They're fine.
Speaker 1: Anything else.
Speaker 3: From any arguments between brides and brides bright like best men can get it wrong, making a speech, that's going wrong. What's gone wrong in a wedding.
Speaker 12: We we we've seen a lot of eighteen years of planning, a lot more sort of Middle Eastern European weddings, so you get a bit of.
Speaker 1: Everything I've had to lift. Sorry you go, Jay.
Speaker 12: We've seen arguments, we've seen fights.
Speaker 9: We had the sort of step in fur argument.
Speaker 4: Look, we didn't get those quotes.
Speaker 11: You guys, so we're pretty grateful.
Speaker 3: You guys are the ones that have to hold their problems so they don't think that there is an issue.
Speaker 1: The groom at a big Lebanes wedding.
Speaker 3: I love those weddings. Yes, I went to a Lebanese wedding and they had all the drums that yeah, that that was.
Speaker 1: On as well.
Speaker 4: It was quite long. Maybe it was on my shoulders. At your wedding, probably the music much.
Speaker 3: It was much later.
Speaker 1: G from a g order wedding dot com. Are you joining us?
Speaker 4: G Do you have an assistant?
Speaker 12: I do, yes, I'm little team of about three of us on the day.
Speaker 4: Who's your made assistants.
Speaker 1: The name.
Speaker 2: Her name is actually little g.
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 1: Frank thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. Let's talk over the top weddings extra.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did they ride in on a horse? Did they arrive on a helicopter? Did they arrive on a jet plane? Did they drive up the river? Did they was there an argument between the bride and groom? Bridesmaid grooms men?
Speaker 1: I always wonder what would be like to be at one of those weddings where you know, like one of the it's not great, but someone gets called out for cheating or whatever, and they.
Speaker 4: Walk off and like, you don't want to be there?
Speaker 1: Still eat.
Speaker 4: Sometimes the guests get it wrong.
Speaker 3: They paid for the weddings, so they wouldn't do it till after you've eaten. I reckon, they get their money's.
Speaker 4: Worth, gotcha, don't. Sometimes the guests get it wrong.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? They, you know, indulge a little bit too much. Our favorite story.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about the person that pooed on the wedding bus?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she drunk too much and she had a sraituation in her jumpsuits.
Speaker 1: Followed You guys were great friends. So I she got the bus driver to put the headlights on so you could.
Speaker 3: I didn't know her, and I asked the bus driver to turn the headlights off.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's a good friend.
Speaker 3: Her sister turned up and said, you're not getting.
Speaker 1: From to the break absolutely third Aen twenty fourteen. We are talking extra weddings. What have you witnessed? Melbourne? Join us on the air. I got free stuff to go? How about tickets to the Good Food and Wine Show.
Speaker 4: I'm pleasure, I'll.
Speaker 8: Give Please come with me and we'll talk all about big babe.
Speaker 1: We're talking out landish weddings. What have you been to? Was it a little bit extra? Give us a yell.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love a wedding, but I love an outlandish wedding. And I also secretly love when things go a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of right still like the little when it goes crazy? Fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, crazy fun, not crazy.
Speaker 1: Jina, Good morning, evil, good morning, All right, extra wedding?
Speaker 4: What do we got?
Speaker 9: My husband and I rode camels from the other church.
Speaker 1: That is all like camels?
Speaker 3: Ye talk us about? Where were you?
Speaker 9: What were we were Sydney Road, Coburg, Egypt.
Speaker 3: Sydney Coburg. So why camels?
Speaker 9: Why not that it was my favorite animal and that was the condition of the wedding that we had to have camels.
Speaker 3: And was it just the greatest thing that ever happened to you? Greatest villa. You can have two people on one camel because of the hump, you have the same camel or separate camels.
Speaker 9: Well, we had five camels because we had wanted all the bridal party to go on the camels, but it was a June wedding raining slippery, so in the end it was just my husband and I and one lonely groomsman that made it to the other church.
Speaker 3: On the camera, did you hold up traffic?
Speaker 9: Yes? Yes, they had to get the police and were spread and we ended up all the different TV channel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, they'd love that Clippy, love all that kookie stuff.
Speaker 1: I feel about live animals like that. You can imagine put in the camel pools.
Speaker 4: What if the camel spits on the bride.
Speaker 3: Exactly, they'd get friendly camels.
Speaker 1: Kyle, I'm thirty twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: I also imagined the chopper chick. Oh a bit of a hold up on Sydney Roe Coberg this morning. There are camels across the road. Looks to be a bride on top.
Speaker 1: Make sure you sleep easy on spindeling. Come on to Kyle in Bentley.
Speaker 4: I think it's easy to actually ex actually.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, hello, how are you good? We're good? Extra weddings? What do you got?
Speaker 13: My husband and I got married in a fish tank in the middle of the boat.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you got married in a what.
Speaker 7: In a fish tank?
Speaker 3: That would have made weekend Today's over sure at the Why in a fish tank? Kyle? Kyle?
Speaker 1: Well, the camels were booked.
Speaker 3: Why did you have to write scuba dice?
Speaker 4: Did you have to write your vows down on the white board or something and hold it up?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they were all done.
Speaker 13: The celebrate was in the water.
Speaker 3: I was in the water. It was in the water, best man? And and were you in were you scuba diving or were you like waist deep in the water?
Speaker 1: Was there fishing there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, we're underwater with sharks.
Speaker 13: I had address there.
Speaker 9: Just had a wedding dress. Everyone, Oh you wore.
Speaker 3: A wedding dress? Move had the hair and makeup? Hold up after you got out of the fish take not well? And was it just the greatest day of your life.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 3: Was in the middle of the boat show.
Speaker 4: Why was it the boat shop?
Speaker 1: That's where they were sitting up a huge fish tank.
Speaker 3: I guess didn't make it. Everything there was, the big fish tank didn't make anything.
Speaker 1: Oh people were casting in it.
Speaker 3: You should try that. It is just got one you expect over that story on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Clint.
Speaker 1: It's just gone twenty seven to eight, Big newsday today. Machete bands are coming into effect here in Victoria. We'll get the latest on that coming up the news and then we are probing the pop pood. Morning Melbourne. This is nov Well, good morning Melbourne. It is just gone seventeen to away tomorrow Smith there, you're on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint's here as well. Very special one of these.
Speaker 4: Today, Jason Lawrence, tell me what's you know.
Speaker 1: We love the Victorian Police. We catch up with different areas of the cops. I went diving with the water Police. We normally have cheesy resident friendly cop in today we've got his boss come out of Tim Tully's joining us on the air.
Speaker 4: Good morning Tim, Good good morning morning Tim. Thanks for being here.
Speaker 3: You have a lot of silverware on your shoulders.
Speaker 14: A heavy burden to bear.
Speaker 3: You've got a big job, don't you.
Speaker 14: Looking after Cheesey. Yes he is a good man chee, he really is.
Speaker 3: But we're excited to have a big dog in commander.
Speaker 5: It's a big day here in Victoria. We've heard a lot about the machete band which comes into place at midday in the wake of what was quite distressing scenes at Northland at the weekend. A Victoria police ready for this machete band.
Speaker 14: Yeah, as ready as we can be. In terms of the interim band, So as of midday today there's an interim ban on the sale of machetes which is effective right across the state. That's a complete band on the sale of machetes from midday. As I said, it's certainly an interim ban until the permanent legislation is introduced and permanent band comes into effect the first.
Speaker 1: What would be the difference then when the permanent band comes.
Speaker 14: In Certainly the legislation comes into effect on the first of September. So the interim ban, we hope will choke the immediate supply of machetes and hopefully prevent some of those getting out onto the street at the moment in preparation for the legislation that's introducing them versus September.
Speaker 3: So, as police officers, does this just give you an extra thing to do to go around to all those stores that are selling them and make sure they're doing the right thing and they're not selling them.
Speaker 14: My understanding is that the enforcement in that space we have retailers that are selling machetes in defiance of the interim ban, that that will be something for the Consumer Affairs Task Force to look into. So the enforcement activities will be carried out by them, but that certainly will not stop the police looking or continuing to target people who are carrying machetes.
Speaker 4: So it's not police going door to door. It's going to be consumer affairs.
Speaker 14: Victoria, is it absolutely?
Speaker 3: Which is good because you have enough on your plate. You don't need to be policing what's happening in retail stoes.
Speaker 14: And that's correct, and certainly we will assist where we can, but it's Consumer Affairs Taskles that we listen to that.
Speaker 3: Do you think this is going to make a difference.
Speaker 14: I hope it will make a difference, and certainly, anything we can do to choke this supple and stem the supply and flow of machetes or large deeds weapons out into the street is a step in the right direction.
Speaker 3: Because when we see things like what happened at Northland, and you hear stories about it being a fifteen year old kid or a sixteen year old kid. Are those kids currently allowed to go into a retail store and buy a machete?
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, So they've got them, They've acquired them illegally anyway, Absolutely so is this the right step forward?
Speaker 14: Look, it is a step in the right direction in terms of trying to stem the flow. Most certainly we look forward to the permanent band that comes into effect on the first September and the range of other changes to the legislation that will looks as system.
Speaker 3: It's a step in the right direction, exactly.
Speaker 1: It's better than nothing, Tim Commander. This is quite personal to me because I was involved in quite a violent crime about a year and a half ago. If someone lost their life and I can finally talk about it, and I'm going to on the show tomorrow, but I've been quite frustrated with how long this is taken, and I can imagine you guys must be just as frustrated. Look, why don't things get turned around quicker.
Speaker 14: Look, it's a good question. I suppose with any issue that issues, there are a number of factors and issues that need to be considered before we make wholesale changes to legislation. It certainly is a welcome change. The legislation that comes to effect later this year is a welcome change. You know, it can be frustrating, but you know, we have to make certain that any changes to legislation that are made we're factored in all the different stakeholders and all the different permutations, so we don't cause other issues as a direct result.
Speaker 4: There is already so much which is driven underground. Are you concerned that knives, machetes, violent weapons will be driven underground by this.
Speaker 14: Bent Look, it's possible that that will occur. I think if you look at the classification of machetes under the new legislation, it puts them in the sphere of a prohibited way. There are a control weapon at the moment, and without getting into the definitions, that's where they will end up, certainly with a prohibited weapon. If you do not have an exemption, you cannot bring into Victoria, you cannot cause to be brought in Victoria. You cannot manufacture, you cannot display or sell a prohibitive weapon.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just gonna as when we talk about machetes, because we're ining this conversation off the air yesterday, what's what's classed as a machete?
Speaker 3: Well, I say, I wouldn't even know what a machete by.
Speaker 1: Hunting knives all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 14: Look, I think a machete will have a definition in terms of the length of the blade. Certainly, what we've seen what traditionally I think you know, when I was growing up, but I was around, machete was at a certain size and shape. And what you've seen in recent times, they've certainly become you know, very very far removed from what we were traditionally called a machete that perhaps could be used in some form of employment. Certainly they're gaining popularity online sales and the like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, the the styles of being sold online as well.
Speaker 14: I think that's an area that will need to be looked at.
Speaker 5: So someone's caught with a machete as of mid day to day on the streets, the clearly shouldn't have one.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 4: What recourse do you have.
Speaker 14: So if someone today is found in possession of a machete on the streets, it is still a controlled weapon and they must have a reasonable excuse to actually do that. So they must carry it in a secure manner that is consistent with the lawful excuse. So a lawful excuse will be lawful employment. It could be a sport or a lawful recreation, or could be a legitimate display or collection. It is most certainly not for self defense.
Speaker 3: Can you arrest someone for having someone or do you confiscate it if they've got it for the wrong reasons?
Speaker 14: More powers to the police, So certainly there may be arrest powers there. Certainly we can confiscate that. Certainly there are some search powers, so we need to believe in reasonable grounds and possession. There are other powers in terms of any search warrants that we may have or if it's in a designate an area where we can actually search without reasonable.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 5: The first type of it's you know, the first ban of its type in Australia, remember the gun amnesty going back into the nineties.
Speaker 4: Akin to the to the gun amnesty, I.
Speaker 14: Think it could be in a way, so there's a I think if you're going to have an amnesty, then what you need to put in place?
Speaker 3: What's an amnesty?
Speaker 4: Sorry, you're basically in the way of the arthurmatic people. Yeah, hand and you're exactly handing into the guns that.
Speaker 14: You can do that obviously without committing an offense. So to actually do that, you need the infrastructure and the processes in place, and you need to be able to communicate that through the community so they can actually attend a place lawfully carrying it to actually hand it in. Certainly, we don't want people, you know, at the moment, walking into police stations with machines and things like that.
Speaker 3: We need, you know, we need you made a plan and it must be hard for you guys when things like this come in so quickly because there's been some criticism of the Victorian government. This is a need reaction and it's a band aid and it's actually putting the police under more pressure.
Speaker 14: Look, I think it's in our nature to pivot in terms of the changes that come in as best we possibly can. We understand that these things take time. But again I think the band today is a step in the right.
Speaker 1: Y well, team, you guys are working around the clock and I know you spread thin already. Thank you for the job you guys do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do an amazing job.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And just quickly, it must be frustrating when I know, I mean, I'm outraged that these kids that were allegedly in this fighting at Northland were out on bail. You guys basketballs to go and arrest them again and then they get some of them get released back into the community. Do you sometimes just put your hand in the air and go, what are we doing this for?
Speaker 14: Look, I think the new bail laws are certainly assisting. It's a step in the right direction. Again, it's certainly made a difference, and we've seen that.
Speaker 3: So you have seen that it's made a difference resolutely.
Speaker 14: And I appreciate that our members sometimes get frustrated, but I think they're very passionate about what they do, absolutainly.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it wouldn't be frustration. Can't we just go back to the eighties where you can be like, I've lost the keys to the paddy wagon they left to stay in there. It doesn't work.
Speaker 14: That doesn't work like that.
Speaker 5: Just very quickly, why are we seeing an explosion in these varn attacks at shopping centers. Why do you think the gangs are going to public places like this?
Speaker 14: It's a really good question and I wish I knew the answer. So certainly, when we have these types of incidents, I think it's fair to say that they're not common, But when we do have them, quite clearly, they're in a public environment and they impact on the community who are just going about their their business. It's it's very sad to think that, you know, we have rival gangs that whatever conflict or whatever issue is there, they think it's appropriate to go out to a very public place and undertake the behavior that we saw on the weekend. I wish I knew the answer. I wish I knew the answer to that.
Speaker 4: It's a different world. People feel safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was going to say. People are scared now to go to shopping sensors, to go to these high traffic areas. Is that something Victoria Police are looking at having a bigger police presence in these really busy spots.
Speaker 14: So I think what you'll see over the next couple of days into the next couple of weeks that northlamb will have a visible policing presence and reassurance patrols just to make sure that that makes people feel absolutely we want to feel safe when they go about their normal business and day to day activities. I think some of the new legislation that will come in in terms of designated areas for a longer period of time rather than say, for the twelve hours that we've seen, will make a difference as well.
Speaker 1: Hey, we really appreciate your time this morning when I was busy, commanded Tim Talley joining us on the air. Thanks coming in, Tim, Thank you very.
Speaker 14: Much for my pleasure.
Speaker 3: Victorian Police do a great job. We appreciate all of you. In frustrating and difficult.
Speaker 4: Jason really straightened up. He was like, I've got a call him, commander.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually went out and asked him for a hug.
Speaker 4: And what did he say?
Speaker 1: Well, you're not see Taylor and Travis out for a little couple romantic dinner I know in a restaurants.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also they should.
Speaker 1: Looked a little latta vibes.
Speaker 3: They're in a booth.
Speaker 1: They were in a booth.
Speaker 3: I don't like a booth for two.
Speaker 1: It looked like they were putting on a show, on a show a booth.
Speaker 3: For twos too much because it looks like you're facing out to the restaurant. It's like we're presenting to you here we are, look at us on our huge table.
Speaker 1: The other day, my wife and I went for lunch.
Speaker 4: Everyone's looking at you like you're not looking at each other, just picturing us in a booth together. Low.
Speaker 3: Oh, you and I could sit in a booth like everyone look at us, look at in a.
Speaker 4: Booth regardless when you have to scoot around.
Speaker 1: We're at a table on four and lou Goes will come and sit next to me, And I went, what like were the idol judging panel? Like you need to sit opposite each other?
Speaker 3: What and where did the other two sit?
Speaker 13: Just her and I?
Speaker 4: Where was Marsha and loc?
Speaker 3: But you said on different sides?
Speaker 1: What I went to do? And she said, no, no, no, sit next to me. She was like a wreck.
Speaker 4: And what there were?
Speaker 3: What did she want to do?
Speaker 1: I'm looking to my left. How's your meal?
Speaker 3: No, I gotta give you a stick note you need to swap halfway through dinner, so the way like a rotisserie chicken. No, we did we look like from someone She wanted to She didn't want to be seen with you.
Speaker 4: Good for sharing.
Speaker 3: Did she also make you face the wall? Let's just sit on the side and face the wall. She did.
Speaker 1: There we go, Let's go to Geelong. Maddie is on the lunch, got the kids in the car. Good morning, Maddie, good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: We are good school? How's it going? We're at Carls at the moment twice some time? Right?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: You got three kids ten, six and four? The are they all girls?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's really really busy. I can assure you.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I feel for you when they're teenagers. Absolutely, you deserve the cash. Let's not even ask her the question. Let's just give her the money.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you what all thanks to a Rising Festival, It's returning to Melbourne. Kickstarts June four with mind bending art music and performance at Stairs the sole details at Rising Dot Melbourne. I'm going to chuck your double pass to that straight off the back. But we're about to play, and I believe you want to go for five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Here we go. The rules are simple. You will hear a question. You'll hear three two, one countdown. Maddie. You need to answer before that timer runs out if you are correct, cat cash is yours? Good time?
Speaker 11: Make it an easy one.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, guess that's what I would say. Yeah, here we go, spit something out, good luck?
Speaker 1: Five bucks?
Speaker 5: How many astronauts were on the Apollo eleven mission?
Speaker 11: Three?
Speaker 4: Pray three?
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 3: It's which one of the kids helped there, Maddie, yeah, ten year old space fanatic? Well done, Now, Maddie, if what is her name of Olive? If Olive wasn't there, what would you have said?
Speaker 8: I would have guessed and maybe said five?
Speaker 1: Getting the money?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 4: Well, can name them?
Speaker 2: Told me that she learned about it at school yesterday, Yes.
Speaker 1: Today, I'll tell you what put her on, so if she can name him, if she does, I got to turn a fifty lego pack, right.
Speaker 3: Come on, okay, this one's Aaron Aldren, Yeah, buzz Aldrin. That's one. Buzz Olden.
Speaker 2: Neil?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and do you remember the third one?
Speaker 3: No one knows the third one.
Speaker 1: It was Neil Michael, known to his friends is Colin Aaron. You know what I'll lea well, chuckle lego pack as well?
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Nice? What are the chances she like that at school yesterday?
Speaker 4: Also?
Speaker 3: What are the chances she was listening at school? I would have totally zoned out during that.
Speaker 1: Plus building the future, one imaginative Lego set at a time. Shout out to Lego.
Speaker 4: We love giving away money, Jason.
Speaker 1: We're doing We do it and we got well and we do it a lot, and we're doing it again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars your.
Speaker 1: Chance to win five k every day on Nova and you're an old phone, just gone twenty past?
Speaker 3: What happened? What happened?
Speaker 1: The professional that is Clint s down away?
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 1: That was like watching Jaws take a bite out of a person. He almost got a whole piece of tos in his mouth and then I flipped the mics.
Speaker 3: It out, great class. What's on your toast this morning?
Speaker 4: A bit of butter and vegimart?
Speaker 1: Just a bit. Hey, we're taking the shoulder road. That's all right. A little bit of history around our Lauren and Clint, these guys used to catch the same high school bus.
Speaker 3: Well, we went to different schools, but in the same suburb. And there was you're you're much older than me. Thought there was.
Speaker 4: Some crossover, there was a bit of cross pollination.
Speaker 3: We're looking at.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: Guys got the same bus, the glen Iras seven three four.
Speaker 1: No romance ever happened between you.
Speaker 3: We didn't know each other.
Speaker 4: But like, is there a slim chance? Like did you ever kiss a girl on the bus?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But like, did you have a kiss a girl.
Speaker 4: On the bus?
Speaker 3: On the bus?
Speaker 5: I admired a lot of my fellow passengers on the bus, but I never had the guts to actually go up and engage you as I felt. I felt really out of my It was out of my depth because I was I was the government school kid, and they're all school girls, girls, not an inferiority complex. Did you do you have a They teased me because I went to a public school.
Speaker 3: I teased you did It's such a lie. You're a liar. No tell the truth. No one teased you.
Speaker 1: You sound like two kids on a bust.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, the kid from the government school.
Speaker 3: Oh, please get over yourself.
Speaker 4: No one did that, you know, the one not wearinger. So did you?
Speaker 3: Well, you had a blazer, you just confessed before you only Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Was school captain, so this is the first captain.
Speaker 3: Look at that square.
Speaker 4: Badgers, that smart kid.
Speaker 3: But you would have liked the Avel girls and then the DLA Cel boys caught our bus too. Did you the Glamory boys?
Speaker 1: Do you have a bus crush?
Speaker 4: Nah? Really no, I didn't have a bus crush.
Speaker 3: No, because I was on the bus with people like Clint. I didn't have a bus crush. But I reckon some of the older boys that caught the bus. And my brother was two years older than me, and some of his mates that would have caught that bus.
Speaker 4: I would a few of his mates.
Speaker 1: None of them were the bus crush.
Speaker 3: Probably I probably I wouldn't have been allowed to go near them. I'd like Clint, I would have just looked from a far, just made eyes across the bus. I was not a kid kick though, with my braces and mc curly hair, and like no one even if I was making eyes at someone, they were not making eyes back.
Speaker 4: Put it that way.
Speaker 1: Here's the go on Friday, we're taking the show on the road. We are going to recreate the bus route you guys used to go on, and we're going to extend it and go all the way into South Melbourne.
Speaker 3: And start at glow Waveley station and come all the way down. And yesterday we were talking about is mocka Joe still open, Clint, surely it has to be. People were messaging me saying, mocka Joe's is still going and guess what what it opens at six? Yeah, we get on the bus. Jay will take you to the cafe I used to go. I wasn't cool enough. I wasn't drinking coffee, but the cafe I used to drink hot chocolate.
Speaker 4: But you felt cool drinking a takeaway coffee cup.
Speaker 5: There's also a lot of celebrities that hail from that region, from Glen waver from glen Waverley, including somebody who's about to join us on the air. I've tracked him down. He's a very hard man to catch.
Speaker 3: He's a proud Glen wave around man. Did he have the hots for one of us?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 4: One, five? Oh? It is my colleague at Channel nine, our friend Tom Stein.
Speaker 1: Well you're a bus boy.
Speaker 4: No, No, he's just a Glen Waverley boy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and get dropped off.
Speaker 3: How did you get to school, Tom?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: The bus was aspirational for me. I was going to allow that's what the that's what the cool kids did. My parents decided that you know, if you're getting the bus through Gremovelely station. You're going to be auple to know, that's how you want to being with some questionable types. So I was banned and I had to ride my bike to school.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, tom on Friday, we're going to do the Glenarras seven three four route. Right. Would you like to jump on the bus and relive what you missed out on back in the day. Do you want to come with us for a.
Speaker 1: Bit or would you like to ride a BMX next to the bus?
Speaker 4: So busy and importantly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, years later, this could finally be in my dreams coming through all those years.
Speaker 3: You don't know what you missed out Now.
Speaker 4: Tommy and I grew up in glen Waverley together. We actually went to the same pre school together.
Speaker 3: What preschool did you go to?
Speaker 6: Tom Apple, Tree Hill, kinder On, Shepherds Raid, Missus, Picture Tortoise, both God lover Pants together.
Speaker 3: I went to I think it was called tally Ho And they would have been like we would have played we have played Mars.
Speaker 5: We were just talking there any is there any other Glen Waverley alumni? You know, fame for most people. We should we should be picking up along the way.
Speaker 6: I remember that the kellaway is in Footy were the famous Andrew Callaway that played at Richmond. I remember at the time thinking they were just God's here and then he isn't the famous actors? Even strowskis from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 3: So I don't know who that is.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure Quint told me that fact.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there's three of us from glenm Overlely on this on this call right now. So g W three, one, five, Oh represent, we're going to do us proud, the Glen Waverley kids proud.
Speaker 1: Tom. Tom, if you're free on Friday, we'd love you to read the You could.
Speaker 6: Stop at Maka Joe's then get do you know it's still I used to work at Maka Joe's, which is your stuff to work at Joe's, And I went in there expecting like to be clapped into the building as the former servant of the organization, and you've got absolute doughnuts.
Speaker 3: Oh my, well you awake. You might not have been cool enough to catch the bus. But I wanted to work at Marca Joe's and I couldn't get a job there, so I worked at Gloria Jeans at the Glens.
Speaker 1: Competition Tom all right, Tom Stifford from nine years. We will see you on board Friday, Sir.
Speaker 6: Get on your guys, just go on twenty seven past.
Speaker 3: Day, Kid's good. Two news readers sign for it. Channel nine news anchor.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 8: What is?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: And you and me? What are you again?
Speaker 4: Shit? I do funny stunts today?
Speaker 3: Hey, you're the s Are you the sports anchor?
Speaker 1: On Sunday thirteen, twenty fourteen is our number?
Speaker 3: Was Tony Jones from Glemo Overly.
Speaker 1: Before we hit the road on Friday. I want to talk bus crushes. Did you have one growing up? Or maybe you get the bus now and you've got one.
Speaker 3: Maybe you'd like to go on a date on our bus? Ask someone out on a date on the bus on Friday morning.
Speaker 1: We'll get ahead of ourselves. Thirteen and twenty four ten. We're talking bus crushes. If you've got one, call, We are recreating your high school bus route on Friday.
Speaker 3: So we're doing Glenn. We're starting glomoverally, going to glen Iris, but then we're going to continue past the seven three four route into the city.
Speaker 1: We're going to put the map of the bus route on our socials.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren we'd be to join us if you want to jump on our note of bus Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hit us back on socials if you want to jump on board. But we are talking bus crushes. Did you have one growing up? Did you act on it? Or do you have one now?
Speaker 4: Chantelle?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning everyone?
Speaker 4: How are we Did you have one? Did you have a bus crush?
Speaker 2: I sure did, and he actually turned into my husband.
Speaker 3: Oh what year are we looking at?
Speaker 2: Roughly around two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Okay, what bus route were you on? Was it a school?
Speaker 2: It was a bus route four forty in Wyndham Vale that is no longer in existence, which we were a little bit shattered about. But please yeah, and we went to different schools as well.
Speaker 1: Please tell me the wedding was on a bus.
Speaker 13: No it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Well, thank goodness for that. How how long did it take you to build up the courage to talk to him?
Speaker 2: It took about six months. And then he was a year older than me and he was just too cool for me, you know. And then yeah, we reconnected in twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Oh so it was years later.
Speaker 4: I laugh that.
Speaker 3: But the world's so much smaller now. You can just hit someone up on Facebook back years and years ago, if you saw someone that might be the only time you ever saw you might never see them again.
Speaker 1: And I remember building up the courage from my bus crush that it'd be like, this is the trip, this is the trip. I'm going to say something. Did you know I'd get on and like her friend had sit next to.
Speaker 3: Him, totally blocked. That was.
Speaker 4: You knew five years she put someone in between.
Speaker 1: Jenny, you got to sit next to me. He's getting on at the next stop.
Speaker 3: Quick build a barricade, Jenny's next weekend. What was their name?
Speaker 4: Did you buddy?
Speaker 3: High school? You remember everyone by their full name?
Speaker 1: Belinda Fras.
Speaker 3: Wow, I remember you met a friend of mine from school the other day, Belinda Danks. She's married now she got she's got a married name, but she's still Belinda.
Speaker 4: Danks to me. I'll always be Belinda Fraser to me, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Do you think about her offer? Then? I believe so.
Speaker 3: Social media in stock you know, believe you've done a social snoop.
Speaker 1: A couple of kids.
Speaker 3: Oh what of their names? What do they look like? Little go to Caitlyn in Geelong. Do you have a bus bus crush or did you have one.
Speaker 2: I definitely did.
Speaker 8: As a teenager, I had the hugest crush on my school bus driver.
Speaker 1: We've had.
Speaker 4: What is it about the drivers, Caitlin, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean I definitely wouldn't be doing that these days. Yeah, yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 4: I look at him now and I'd probably.
Speaker 3: Say no, Yeah, that's funny, the crush on the driver.
Speaker 4: But it happens on like kentikis and all the rest of it too.
Speaker 1: I don't want him.
Speaker 4: I drive a Contus and a few notches in the belt really drove it all? Did he really?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The wheels on the busket.
Speaker 1: Go round and round in the UK good cleaned up. Yeah, he described it as took him from a four to seven. How convenience is what he put it down to, all staying together.
Speaker 3: Is he still driving Kentucky to a bus?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, all right, let's go to take Belinda Fraser on the Kentucky to her You.
Speaker 1: Leave her out of it. I never see that name come out. Would have been year ten.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, did Belinda Fraser hookup with your friend who's the bus driving?
Speaker 3: Did any of your friends go near blind Fraser?
Speaker 1: Not my direct friend.
Speaker 3: We should do it where are they now?
Speaker 4: Absolutely red? This is your life.
Speaker 3: Belinda Fraser should be like, why am I on the bus?
Speaker 4: I avoided you all those years and should be should be bringing her friend Jenny.
Speaker 1: You've got to come and sit next to human.
Speaker 4: He's back.
Speaker 1: Time for the box?
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 3: Belinda Fraser?
Speaker 9: Call us?
Speaker 3: Did you live in Melbourne and you avoided Chase for our school?
Speaker 1: Lay very out of it?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: Jack, you don't want to start you down in your adult life? Sorry Jack? Okay? Jack?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 3: Jack Jackie tell us?
Speaker 1: Oh no, Jack, you want help?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 13: I want help? I had a bus crush in primary school with a girl called Aaron the after school bus, so she would specifically hop onto the bus to come to my school to then go to the.
Speaker 3: Other school, Clark, What school did she go to? Aaron?
Speaker 13: I don't know what school she went to?
Speaker 3: The bus was it?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 13: I was from Mountain Lives North Primary School and we went to after school career at.
Speaker 3: Comyn Mountain Liza Primary School Yet North Primary?
Speaker 1: Jack, you're telling me tabs on her? You don't you don't know where?
Speaker 13: Like, no, I don't know what her last name is?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? Jack?
Speaker 5: Lucky if you Lauren Phillips is one of the great jacked diver, A good a good stork on the social shack.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find the phrase I do you want us to try and find do you actually want us to try and find erin for you?
Speaker 4: What year?
Speaker 3: What year are we talking?
Speaker 13: I can't remember exact you, but I reckon it was probably between nineteen ninety eight and two southe and what bus the after school bus to tongue On Primary School.
Speaker 3: From Mount Eliza North not South North Primary school erin.
Speaker 4: What did she look like? Anyone knows?
Speaker 1: And aaron that would have possibly caught that bus, But let's get a quick description.
Speaker 13: I don't know. She was just a nice, cute girl who likes blonde hair, brown hair color. I think I think blonde hair and like, yeah, she's like look at me. When I was like standing at the she would look at you next to each tell her.
Speaker 3: On the bus you're your single ime assuming yeah, why you assume that answer that quickly? I just don't want to be ruled marriage at eight forty three in the morning.
Speaker 4: But I'm looking for.
Speaker 13: Is like if I had a crush on that.
Speaker 3: She might maybe you never know she might be single, single as a pringle jack. All right, Aaron, if you are now, I'm not. I don't want to ruin your marriage, Jase, because if we find Belinda Phraser, she's not going to be interested in you. She's just gonna want to say, oh you again.
Speaker 4: Good morning Belinda Fraser.
Speaker 1: You don't have her good morning?
Speaker 3: You know here? Actually are you.
Speaker 4: Like the Belinda Fraser?
Speaker 2: The Blinda Fraser?
Speaker 1: What's hang on? What's what school did we go to? Belinda?
Speaker 7: The school that you went to?
Speaker 4: Sry?
Speaker 3: No, try you're oh my god, you almost sad me.
Speaker 1: I started sitting up in my state.
Speaker 3: He took his pink sweater off. He wanted to look good for the video.
Speaker 1: Whoever you are, don't ring here again?
Speaker 3: If you know you can ring anytime. Also, well that's funny if you do.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't anyway. And good luck to her. Has a lovely Life's got six stet Well, good morning Melbourne. It is just gone to nine. It has been a fun show.
Speaker 3: And on Friday we're going on the Glenarra seven three for all bus, which is the old bus Clinton I used to catch to school. We had Tom Steinfort who reads Channel nine News from the air with us before because he also is from Glenary.
Speaker 4: We went to kinder together.
Speaker 3: We've since found out Hamish Blake also went to primary school. He's a three one five.
Speaker 1: O boy indeed rob Mills Mills.
Speaker 3: But similar, same area, and we'll take it. It's a bit like when someone lives in New Zealand and we say, oh, they're astray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha, he's.
Speaker 4: There, don't We have a little bit of Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth Becky is from Glenwaverley.
Speaker 4: She went to my high school.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth Becky played Princess Diana in The Crown. She's amazing, She's a million films. We must get her on the She might be busy, but surely we could call her agent and say, hey, Elizabeth, we are doing a three one five oh represent shop that.
Speaker 4: She would have done drama at Glenn Wavely High.
Speaker 3: Well, I was drama captain at Wesley Glen Waverley. We could have been busy for you.
Speaker 1: Got to bring it in tomorrow school uniforms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was mum's fault.
Speaker 3: I'm an adult, but it was still my mom's fault. She's going to drop it to my house and if you don't.
Speaker 4: Bring it in tomorrow. We're going to send a car for Liz to bring it in.
Speaker 3: Well, she's going to wear it.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking him. I'm not asking your mom to come in in the school uniforms. Liz, if you're listening, you're not doing anything tomorrow. Just come in door to school uniform.
Speaker 4: Chase.
Speaker 3: You don't want to do that, but to shelf at least if you want to turn up in your shelf. You know what, if you want that, want to come on our bus school uniforms. If you used to catch the bus and actually knock yourself out, come on, jump on in your school and we'll talk about you. And we're going to go from Gleno Waverley to Glenars, which is what the bus route did, and then we're going to keep going into the city and into South Mamtain. We'll drop you to work. Maybe maybe not, Uh, James, what are we supposed to actually?
Speaker 4: Dreams would come true?
Speaker 3: But Elizabeth Becky, if you are out there and you want to come on the bus, you could come in character.
Speaker 1: You know how you're just asking this princess.
Speaker 3: She could come.
Speaker 4: God die die.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got to stand for dive.
Speaker 3: If she gets Princess, and I thought Elizabeth Becky in that role of Princess Iron on the bus was amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Princess Buss.
Speaker 3: Princess didn't catch the fuss. I meant in that role of Princess Diana in the Crown, she was amazing, very strong. Yeah, have you seen it?
Speaker 4: I don't care about the Crown.
Speaker 3: It's like the highest fighting Netflix show of all time.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 5: I saw a clip on the she didn't catch They producers couincid Elizabeth de Becky's agent.
Speaker 3: I already asked, I already asked. If you're from Glen Waverley, you are proud of that, asked her. If she went to Mocka Joe's Milk, she would have would have probably.
Speaker 4: Station Lauren. Lauren wake up feeling good.
Speaker 3: Follow them on the socials.