Speaker 1: On scorn wilds Oscodia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Patty Show. Coming up tonight. I speak to the father whose world was turned upside down when he is then fifteen year old son was almost killed after being struck by the Andrews family suv. The Prime Minister reafirms his support for truth telling and treaty despite the failure of the voice. Josh Hammer will join me from the US, where Joe Biden's intersectional base is breaking apart with black and Hispanic voters flocking to Trump, and of course plenty of left is losing it.
Speaker 3: Where is the only country where it's legal to be gay in the Middle East? Palty Asia, Do you know it's Israel?
Speaker 4: I don't consider it a country.
Speaker 5: I've got a.
Speaker 2: Palestine joining me now is Harold's Sons Senior columnist Patrick Carline. Patrick, Let's start in Victoria. The Herald's Sons are revealed that nine thousand Victorians have been the victims of aggravated burglaries in the past ten years. That's one in every seventy five Victorian homes. Incredible figure. Bayside area has been hit hard we've seen burglaries up six hundred and seventy three percent from ten years ago. Two hundred and one incidents reported last year. A lot of this growth is due to youth criminals. We've one police source telling The Herald's son that the parents for most of these children is the state of Victorian. That is a reoccurring problem, isn't it. The Herald Son again reported a youth offender who had hundreds of offenses.
Speaker 6: Wiped off the books.
Speaker 2: It's just an incredible number for such a young kid, and you just wonder what his future is going to be.
Speaker 6: But people are scared.
Speaker 2: People are scared in their own homes, and they're getting increasingly upset by some of the advice they're getting about how to deal with this crisis. Things like putting a tracking device in your car so when it's stolen, we can track it down a little bit easier.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's the problem, isn't it.
Speaker 7: I mean we're being told the official advice is surrender. If they come to your castle, they come to your home at two am, surrender on the spot. And Rebecca Judd, the influencer, was going on we got it right the other day. She talked about Melbourne being woke, broke and violence, and there is a really palpable fear. If you leave your car in the driveway, are you going to wake up at two am to kids marauding through your house demanding your keys as a revolving door. They get caught. It sounds like the police are very good in turning up quickly. They arrest some of them, they get bail, and then they do it again. And this is getting worse. I mean, these numbers vindicate that fear that so many men Burnie is a feeling at the most.
Speaker 2: And I remember when Beck Judd first brought this up, particularly in the base Side area, backlash from the Victorian government. Dad Andrews was Premier at the time, and he kind of mocked her and said her figures were completely wrong and the official stats don't back that up. The official stats did back that, Hud, but he's gone and just into Alan seems to be even less interested in this. I mean, she would know that it's going to have an impact at the polls, but the polls are a long way away.
Speaker 7: Absolutely now. I think she should be very mindful of that. I mean, people are very sort of cynical. If you like about this bail policy, and you keep reading these stories where kids are given bail and you haven't judged, So I'll give you another chance.
Speaker 1: This is chance number nine or number ten.
Speaker 7: Then they go and t bonakar at an intersection in the stolen car, or they're in a police chase or whatever. They're danger in the community.
Speaker 1: It really does. These are the sorts of.
Speaker 7: Things you might expect in Johannesburg or the South Side or Chicago or something.
Speaker 1: This is Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Well, that was what was interesting when the police gave that advice about put a was it the Apple device that air tracker in your car so we can find it? And I think there was other advice about leaving the keys by the front door so if they come in, they don't have to find you. They can just grab the keys and grab your car. It's the sort of advice crime riddled Californian cities were given to their residents. So we're not expecting to hear that in Melbourne. Now let's talk about Anthony Albanezi's while he's saying is open to a macaratea commission, in other words, a treaty and the whole truth telling process. We saw him on election night promise to implement the Ullarys Statement from the Heart in full and that does include treaty and truth telling. But given that the Voice failed, and failed pretty comprehensively, Patrick, you would think you would listen to the will of the Australian people Because sixty one percent of them are against the Voice. I would guess more than eighty percent would be against an treaty process. So why is it even entertaining it contemplating? It is really beyond me? Is it determined to be a one term PM?
Speaker 7: It seems like it doesn't. I think I've said to you before. I went up to Cape York about a month before the Voice. I spoke to people in remote communities and they were seeing all about the Voice. They said, this is big city nonsense. Basically, there is no appetite for treaties at the moment, and I think there's a lot of suspicion.
Speaker 1: What's a treaty about. Is it about actually truth telling.
Speaker 7: As it's called, or is it about activism and of reparations down the track? What does a treaty actually lead to? And people are sick of thinking about it. I think people care a lot more about practical outcomes. There've been no improvements across the board in indigenous sort of health or employment or education for twenty years. People want to see that get better. They're not that interested in sort of going back.
Speaker 2: We keep seeing successive governments listening almost exclusively to the activist class, and I think that's a large part of the problem.
Speaker 6: The very people whose advices.
Speaker 2: Let us here are the ones who are still setting the agenda. Now, let's talk about South Coast residents in New South Wales staging a rally to oppose the government's offshort wind farm plans. National leader David littlproud told the crowd a coalition government would dump the Illwarra project and will look for other energy options. He said the coalition isn't against renewables, but renewables should be an environment, should be in an environment they can't destroy.
Speaker 6: That is a good point.
Speaker 2: The Daily Telegraph ran a poll on this issue. Eighty nine percent of their readers are against this project. Patrick, but the government is pressing ahead with so many of these large scale renewable projects and they do seem to destroy the natural environments, certainly esthetically. These soul of farms, wind farms and the concerns of local residents seem to be disregarded very easily.
Speaker 7: It sounds like there's been very little consultation in a lot of these cases. And I mean, you've got New South Wales, you've got Southwest Victoria, and you've got CFA units in Victoria today coming out and saying we're not going to put out fires on renewable projects unless lies are endangered, because we don't want these projects.
Speaker 1: These are bad for our communities.
Speaker 7: And it sounds like there's a real disconnect between the ideology of the renewables push and those poor people on the ground who actually have to live with the consequences of transmission lines and those sorts of things.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's been badly handled.
Speaker 7: I think we'll see more and more of these kind of protests as time goes on.
Speaker 2: I hope that there is some movement because these projects are happening and if you travel in the countryside, and a lot of Australians really never leave the big cities where they live, they would see this and they would see the impact it's having on just beautiful parts of the country being really visually destroyed. And god knows what those solar farms are doing to the actual farmable land. Now, Skynese host and former Chinese prisoner Chung Lay was body blocked at a China Australia press event by Chinese officials.
Speaker 6: Let's have a look.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 9: You can see an Australian official asking the Chinese media staffer to move from blocking the journalist. The woman in the brown coat and the man in the blue blazer are both standing between Miss Chung and the cameras who are about to film the premiere of China and Anthony Albanezi.
Speaker 4: Walking in together.
Speaker 9: You can see Australian officials repeatedly trying to get them to move, and when missus Chung switches seats so that she's on the other side, the Chinese officials again try to block her view from the cameras. You can see an Australian staffer in the light coat blocking the two Chines news officials from getting near Miss Chung. This was all during remarks that were due to be made by the Prime Minister and Chinese premiere. You can see here Miss Chung is very amused by the whole thing, and the ministers are in the background signing documents.
Speaker 2: Now, the Prime Minister said the matter had been formally followed up with a Chinese embassy to express Australia's concern at las treatment, calling it clumsy. I would have used stronger language, Patrick than clum z.
Speaker 7: I don't think clumsy is the right word. Maybe deliberate or insistent. We're on astrand soil here. How can this not possibly be condemned in the strongest terms From the moment it happened, it was all over the news yesterday, It hijacked the biggest story of constructive relations and everything. The Prime Minister needed to come out and condemn it on the spot, it looked very flat footed. I think it took him till this morning on radio to actually sort of deal with the question properly, and even there he used fairly flimsy language to try and make the point.
Speaker 2: They seem to be terrified of offending China, where we are scared of any sort of economic coercion, any punishment they're going to.
Speaker 6: Meet out, but we can't have that.
Speaker 2: It's not bad enough that they locked up this poor woman for three years and just the most horrific of circumstances. The conditions she endured were stuff of nightmares. And then to do this here the nerve of it is beyond belief. Now, the US state of Kansas is suing pharmaceutical giant Pisa for misleading the public on their COVID nineteen vaccine. The say claims Fiser made false statements about its vaccines effectiveness and hid its risks, including safety related to pregnant women and heart problems. Here is Kansas Attorney General Chris Kobak.
Speaker 10: However, as Spiser knew, the United States government, the United States military, foreign governments, and others had found that Weser's COVID nineteen vaccine casmiocarditis and pericarditis number three effectiveness regarding variants. Weiser also claimed that it's COVID nineteen vaccine protected against COVID nineteen variants, even though data available at the time should Weser's vaccine was effective less than half the time against variants. Finally, transmission, Piser urged Americans to get vaccinated in order to protect their loved ones, clearly indicating a claim that p Weiser's COVID nineteen vaccination stopped transmission of COVID nineteen. Peiser later admitted that it had never even studied transmission.
Speaker 2: Interesting indeed, and I'm sure there are many in Australia who have COVID vaccine injuries who will be watching this case Patrick carefully, but they don't have too many options if they're in Australia because these big pharmaceutical giants have effectively got immunity.
Speaker 7: Look, I think Kansas is just the beginning of this story. There's going to be other states that are going to take very similar action, and it'll be fascinating to see how it all plays out. I know you've been very strong on that transmission question all the way through because it did sound like being vaccinated would protect you from spreading it.
Speaker 6: Well, that's what vaccines typically do.
Speaker 2: They stop you getting it and spreading it. And there are some who say that even just calling this a vaccine has been counterproductive because we're now seeing less trust in vaccines than we should be seeing, because people are associating with the COVID vaccines when you know most vaccines are far more effective and stopping infection and transmission.
Speaker 7: Well, it all happened very quickly, didn't it, And at the time the world was applauding that science.
Speaker 1: Could come up with these vaccines.
Speaker 7: So readily, Whereas you know, ordinarily things take years and years and years and all sorts of checks and balances before they're approved. This all happened very quickly, and I think we're seeing the consequences for that man.
Speaker 2: And I think one of the things we've got to consider in this country, in this state in particular, is the pressure to get young kids healthy, young kids who are at the lowest risk from COVID vaccinated, because I remember we were running stories about kids having to change clothes on the sidewalk because they couldn't enter clothing shops to try on clothes because they didn't have been double vax. And we're talking about fourteen year old kids. So it's almost like we've memory hold that episode for.
Speaker 7: All we close playgrounds. I think we've got haircuts on the street. At one point in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Well, we banned IVF treatments, and I think Victorians and I think Australians at large, have forgotten so much of that because so many signed up to the insanity wholeheartedly.
Speaker 7: We've banned common sense, and we banned joy and we did it for about two years.
Speaker 1: And fish we shouldn't forget it, and fishing and fish in Victoria.
Speaker 2: You could fish elsewhere, Patrick Carline, thank you for your time.
Speaker 1: Thanks for now.
Speaker 2: Former Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews is fighting a court order to submit phone records from the day his family is Ford suv collided with a teenage cyclist who were seriously injured on impact. The fifteen year old bike rider, Ryan Mullerman, was riding on the morning in Peninsula when he was struck on January seven, twenty thirteen. He's sustained serious injuries, including a punctured lung, broken ribs, internal bleeding, and lost ninety percent of his spleen. Dan Andrews's wife, Catherine was behind the will at the time. Dan Andrews has engaged high profile loyal Leon Swire and labeled the subpoena requiring him to produce phone records from that day a phishing expedition. We did reach out to Dan Andrews' media contact for response and.
Speaker 6: Have not received a reply.
Speaker 2: We are happy to put their version of events to airt any time if they respond to our request. Ryan's father, Peter joins me, now, tell me about what you hope.
Speaker 6: To achieve with this legal action.
Speaker 8: We're hoping to get justice for Ryan from this. It's just been such a long road for us, so we'd really like to get closure on the case and if we can get some honesty, some transparency, and some justice for him.
Speaker 6: It's been more than a decade.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about how this has impacted your son and your family, but first, speaking on behalf of the dissenter, Alan government Minister Lily Dia Ambrosio has said that this matter has already been thoroughly investigated.
Speaker 11: This matter has been thoroughly investigated and has been concluded, and there's nothing more to be added to this. I'm not going to get into court matters, but what I can say to everybody is that whenever this pops up every now and then, the matter has been thoroughly investigated by all relevant authorities and there's nothing more to be added to it, and I won't be adding any more comments to it.
Speaker 6: What's your response to that.
Speaker 8: Well, we don't feel that it's been thoroughly investigated. There's been a lot of new evidence come to light just recently the Triple O call for one, and we don't believe that it was thoroughly investigated. Back at the time, there was no breathalyzer done on either of the occupants of the car. Daniel Andrews removed the car from the crash scene, so removed that evidence from the scene.
Speaker 2: He says that he did that to drive the kids home because the kids, his kids in the car were alarmed by the accident, so just to give his side. But yeah, you're right, because we did have doctor Raymond Shwey, who's the state's former Assistant Commissioner for Traffic and Operations. He looked into this accident and said that Victoria Police, the investigation they did, had twelve critical standards that were failed. The standard operating procedures were not followed in at least a dozen instances. Have you had an explanation from Victoria Police for why they didn't do those sort of things you mentioned the breathalysers, there's a number of other things they didn't do properly. Is Have they been forthcoming and explained their failures there?
Speaker 8: No, we've had no correspondence from vic Pole at all, and so that raises further suspicion. I guess if they felt that they'd done their job entirely, they would have come to us and said, well, we looked at it this way and that way and that way, but none of that happened. We've been really kept out of the loop, and I think that they just wanted to close it from their end, probably to protect a political career. But our lawyers and our research team have uncovered a lot of things. As I said, the breath Eliza, the removal of the car. Yes, he took the children home, and I'm aware that they would have been alarmed, but those children are also witnesses to that accident, which is a crucial piece of evidence as well.
Speaker 2: Now, as I mentioned earlier, the premiere is the former premier, Dan Andrews is fighting the court order to submit his phone records from that night. What is your message, Jim, if you could speak to him directly, if he's watching, what is your message to Dan Andrews.
Speaker 8: If you've got nothing to hide, you'd be transparent about all of those records. But if you've got something to hide, then you're going to fight to disclose those records.
Speaker 2: But he says it's a fishing expedition, so we're not casting any doubt on his reasons for that. But you've made the point that given his standing in the community, the fact that he's just been honored with the country's highest honor, an ac Do you feel like he should be forthcoming and provide those records just to make this matter not drag out even longer in the courts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, I feel that he should bring those records forwards. Again, you know, if we've got nothing to hide and to say that it's still a fishing expedition, it's a legal case, which is far from.
Speaker 1: A fishing expedition.
Speaker 8: So we just want that clarity and that closure and that justice.
Speaker 2: Now, how has Ryan's life been impacted with this crash? And we spoke earlier about his terrible injuries, but it's been a critical juncture in his young life, isn't it at the age of fifteen to undergo something like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the injuries that he sustained were terrible, but you do recover from those physical injuries. It's probably been the mental injuries that he has sustained from that. He was incredibly traumatized from that accident. But further to compound that, he was warned that if he spoke about that incident that he would be in trouble by the police.
Speaker 6: So there's a phis he gave him that warning.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 8: Either the lawyers or it might have been Vic Police himself. I'm really not too sure, but if you're a fifteen year old boy, that would ske you to death. So he really feels like he's been shut down and silenced since that twenty thirteen accident.
Speaker 2: Now you're asking the public to support your case. It is an expensive exercise, we know, any sort of legal action. And you've set up a go fund Me page.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have set up a go fund Me page. This is a really expensive legal exercise. We're a humble fan from humble means and we want to fight this case. You know, we want to get justice for Ryan. I'm sure the Andrews camp thinks. I'm sure that they can outspend us, and I'm sure that they think that once they've outspent us that we just simply go away and it all gets washed under the rug yet again, so really reaching out to those people that want to support our case with that go fund me page.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've got the page up.
Speaker 2: So if people want to back your son and his fight to find out precisely what happened on that night, you can do that. Peter Mullman, thank you so much for your time. This evening, I really do appreciate you speaking with me. Still to come a bumper edition of Left He's Losing It, and Josh Hammer joins me with the latest from the US. It's time for Left is losing it and we love nothing more than hearing intersectional race baiting and political grandstanding from sports broadcasters.
Speaker 6: And Stephen A. Smith delivers the goods here.
Speaker 2: Apparently all the accolades that Caitlin Clark is receiving is because she's white, and the jealous players who are attacking her are really the real victims here.
Speaker 12: She is a white young lady, and she's been a magnet in a way that has benefited the league in ways that others have not. No matter how far we believe that we have advanced as a society, there's still.
Speaker 1: Such a long way to go. Because in the end.
Speaker 12: If you're white, you're bright, you're right, and as a result, the shine comes your way in the eyes of a lot of people in America.
Speaker 2: Oh, the idiocy did not end there. Apparently make America Great again is synonymous with make America white again.
Speaker 12: You have somebody that's a presidential candidate, What is his claim to feed make America great again, what have people interpreted that to me make America white again?
Speaker 2: Well, that must be newsed to the majority of Hispanic voters who now back Trump instead of the Democrats. It must be newsed also to the growing number of black voters who are abandoning the Democrats to embrace the MAGA message. I'll be speaking to Josh Hammer about that very shortly.
Speaker 6: Now, we love a good vox pop on this program.
Speaker 2: Let's see what the young folk at a DC pro Palestinian rally are thinking. Surely even this lot will not make excuses for rape, torture, and slaughter of innocent Israelis on October seven.
Speaker 13: Can you guys tell me a little bit about your goal here today?
Speaker 14: As queer people, we have a duty to show up here and stand in solidarity with all of the other marginalized communities.
Speaker 6: All this kind of started October seventh.
Speaker 13: So what do you have to say about October seventh and the actions of Hamas. I think definitely the protests started October seventh, but like this issue did not start October seventh.
Speaker 4: I guess Ostber seventh, they like did something they came out of like trying to like fight back, you know, because you know they've been oppressed for so many years.
Speaker 3: Hamas is the reaction is not a problem. Hamas is the result of the situation.
Speaker 5: No other young people out there.
Speaker 13: Should they come out and protest and share this work for Homas?
Speaker 6: I think they should.
Speaker 13: And your sign says from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Can you tell me which river and which sea we're.
Speaker 4: Talking about here?
Speaker 13: This is a a You've caught me on the spot, and I'm really horrible when I asked some questions not true, but basically the river and the sea that border both sides of Palestine where Israel is right now?
Speaker 5: Dear?
Speaker 2: And here are more college kids who are frightfully stupid.
Speaker 4: Did you guys see that?
Speaker 3: Al Kaya just thank you guys. They thanked all the college protesters and everything Houthis has BLA.
Speaker 14: I make you happy, Uh.
Speaker 4: Huh, yeah, of course we're supported.
Speaker 3: It makes you feel like there's actually some kind of home for one hundred buck who was the terrorist group behind nine to eleven No food al Qaida?
Speaker 14: Well you think that nine to eleven.
Speaker 5: Had some justification?
Speaker 4: Good in some ways?
Speaker 3: Can you guys find God's on a map?
Speaker 4: I think we need a better moth.
Speaker 9: You can't find it. Who is the number one sponsor of global terrorists in America and the US New York, New York's Estate.
Speaker 2: That's Zach Say, who does great work exposing these lefties losing it.
Speaker 3: Where is slavery legal in the Middle East?
Speaker 4: Israel, you know, and Yemen the Huthi's brought it back. Oh my god, wow, what a houi.
Speaker 3: Where is the only country where it's legal to be gay in the Middle East?
Speaker 4: I would say, Asia, Do you know? It's Israel. I don't consider it the country. I would go to Palestine if you went to Palace and you'd be thrown off of a building.
Speaker 14: All of these like the gayest city on Earth.
Speaker 4: I doubt it's the gayest city on it. It's really gay, you know what?
Speaker 3: The number one slogan the Iranian government chances death to America.
Speaker 4: Honestly, like, I'm kind of not really.
Speaker 2: Now to California, the bluest of blue states, where the La City Council is taking down a no U turn sign in the name of equity, tolerance and inclusion.
Speaker 5: What La City Council members?
Speaker 2: You go?
Speaker 15: Sodo Martinez and Nythia Rahman were on hand today to help remove the signs. They say the no cruising and no U Turn signs were put up in the nineteen nineties to prevent people in the gay community from meeting up with other gay people.
Speaker 14: I was also surprised that these U turn signs were still up. And at first, you know, they seem a little oh okay, it's just a no U turn sign. But when you learn the history of it and you realize that these were used to profile gay people.
Speaker 2: Really, these activists are almost beyond parody. The descent into a full blown leftist lunacy is pretty much complete. And I think it's time to check in on the Leader of the Free World again. Another incoherent rant here he has a little mini melt down. Watch him completely mix up a well known expression as he casually threatens Israel.
Speaker 1: And I know you're a typical press guy.
Speaker 6: You're grabbing me in front of this on and said to trust you.
Speaker 12: As far as I throw your phone, I can add a good.
Speaker 6: Arm, haven't you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw this away. But my point is this, I have made.
Speaker 16: Very clear to the Israelis that they have to do in the New Turn.
Speaker 1: If they don't, what's gonna happen was going to come off.
Speaker 2: Across the West, we continue to see anti Israeli, anti West protesters run riot. They're even harassing their fellow lefties in the lefty heartland of Washington, DC.
Speaker 17: People who eat at Tati, the most basic is rarely establishment in DC. Here we have some mediocre white people to start the day off.
Speaker 4: More mediocre white people.
Speaker 1: More mediocre white people. Thank you for the smiles.
Speaker 18: They're there, a.
Speaker 17: Chubby, mediocre white man.
Speaker 1: Hike.
Speaker 17: Excuse me, man, Can we ask you your stance on Palestine? Any stance, ma'am? No stance, No stances, no, just what do you have for brunch? Some chuk shuka? Some Palestinian chuk shuka? Hey, by leakyaknva you guys, wire gonna give you a pass, but next time, please skip Tata. It's owned by devilish white people.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is Newsweek Senior editor at Large and Article three Projects Senior Council Josh Hammer.
Speaker 5: Josh.
Speaker 2: We've seen these protesters take over university campuses. They have these illegal encampments there. We've seen them cause enormous damage to property and open threatened people. We've even seen acts of violence. And yet as you have written in the New York Post. Where are the consequences? Why are Blue cities in particular turning a blind eye to this lawlessness?
Speaker 3: You know, Rita, It is certainly not for lack of available options. There are any number of options that federal prosecutors have. I mean, there is the ku Klux Klanak going back to eighteen seventy one, which is passing the aftermath of the American Civil War, which basically bans people from a mass conspiracy, especially if you go in disguise, if you wear masks, like a lot of these protesters have been doing, you are forbidden from doing that and masks, so as to deprive your fellow American citizens of their constitutional rights. There is a civil analog to that. There was, of course material support for terrorism, which is a federal criminal offense. But the point is that whether at a federal level or at a local level, when it comes to lower level local crimes such as harassment, intimidation, a lot of this stuff on the street, you know, you don't have a free speech right Riata in our country. You don't have a first Memen free speech right to intimidate and to harass people. You have a free speech right to make your opinions known on the issues of the day. You don't have a right to get into someone's face and to say that you want them to die, that you want to call for genocide. This was the error that the Harvard president made, of course, in the infamous December twenty twenty three congressional testimony that led to her resignation. But the points here, and this is what I wrote about for the New York Posts. Whether it's the federal level, whether it's the local level, or anywhere else, there was a very very simple and straightforward reason the prosecutors and law enforcement in general are not bringing these charges, which is that one, they probably largely at least left wing jurisdictions, agree with the underlying conduct. Two, as we saw in the twenty twenty Antifa Black Lives Matter riots, and as we've seen again since October seven, these are very violent people. Read, these are violent people who take no prisoners. These prosecutors and cops don't want to be on these miscreants bad side any more than anyone else wants to be. So they agree with the Wolk orthodoxy, and they don't want to get themselves hurt. What that creates obviously is a toxic, toxic stew America is currently failing its Jews, and by extension, is not merely just feeling its Jews, is feeling us off.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And we've got this two tier policing, this two tier justice system, where if you were out there protesting from some right wing cause, you would have the authorities come down on you like a ton of bricks. But if they agree with you viewpoint, you can get up to the mischief we've seen, and the calling it mischief is really underplaying it, because sometimes it is just violent intimidation and nothing else. Now, even a broken clock is right twice a day. And so I was interested in this analysis from CNN on the historic levels of support the Republicans are getting from black folk under Trump. They are perplex the f I at CNN, but they acknowledge this is a seismic shift.
Speaker 18: And more than that, it's not just that Joe Biden is losing ground, it's that Donald Trump is gaining ground. You go from seven percent single digits at this point in twenty twenty to now twenty one percent. And again, John, I keep looking for signs that this is going to go back to normal, and I don't see it yet in the polling of anything. Right now, we're careening towards a historic performance for Republican presidential candidate, the likes of which we have not seen in six decades. Look at black voters under the age of fifty. Holy cow, folks, Holy cal Look at this. Joe Biden was up by eighty points among this group back at this point in twenty twenty. Look at where that margin haskreem down towards it's now just get this, thirty seven points. That lead has dropped by more than half. Mister Berman Home, I just never seen anything like this. I'm like speechless because you always look at history and you go, okay, this is a historic moment. If this polling is anywhere near correct, we are looking at an historic moment right now. We're Black voters under the age of fifty, which have historically been such a big part of the Democratic coalition, are leaving it in droves.
Speaker 2: Josha Donald Trump has launched his Black Voter Coalition group. His campaign is saying historic rates of black voters are now behind the Republican candidate.
Speaker 6: And if those CNN figures.
Speaker 2: Are accurate, what's that going to mean for the Democrats going forward. They have just relied on getting ninety percent plus of the black vote for decades.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Red, I'm trying not to leugh too hard over here because Harry Enton is the CNN d and analyst that we just saw. I've actually known Harry since he and I were both eighteen years old. He and I go way back. He's probably the only straight shooter at CNN. He is not a far left liberal guy. He calls it like he sees it. But Harry knows his audience and he knows of the CNN audience is a liberal audience. So he's just trying to do what any good television broadcasters should do, which is just trying to be very honest with your audience. And here honesty means that Joe Biden's intersectional coalition is falling apart. Black voters are peeling away at record pace for very simple bread and butter reasons. Because the economy in the United States has never been good. Bidenomics they tease it out like a wet BALLOONA went absolutely nowhere last year. They haven't talked about Bidenomics since November. They for a little while. That's all I talked about. Then they decide that they couldn't bamboozol Americans into thinking the bidnominous was anything other than a stink bomb, so they let it go. Inflation, of course, reached nine point one percent to forty year high back on the summer of twenty twenty two. The economy formally entered a recession back on that same year, twenty twenty two. So Black voters are peeling away from Joe Biden for the same reason that many underrepresented minorities, Hispanic voters among them, are peeling away, which is that they don't like the way that the country is being governed right now. And if these numbers are real, and as Harry said right there on CNN, we have every indication to believe that the shift actually is real, especially for young black men. Young black men are now supporting Trump twenty five sometimes even thirty percent in polls that could easily could easily make or break the election when it comes to states like Michigan, Georgia, and North Carolina Pennsylvania, all of which have sizeable Black populations there. But the broader point to read is that the entire post two thousand and eight Barack Obama Joe Biden Ara Democratic Party, which is built on the house of cards of intersectionalism and identity politics. It's all falling apart right now. They're stuff between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the Middle East conflict. Obviously, they can't make the error voters in Michigan happy, but then they can't make the Jewish voters happy either, or the majority of Americans who support Israel for the matter. So everywhere you look, this whole identity politics thing is falling apart for them, and you know, frankly, as a conservative, I kind of love to see it.
Speaker 2: And you're absolutely right about this into sectional coalition falling apart, because it's not just black voters leaving the Democrats. There are increasing numbers of other ethnic groups, including Hispanics, who now prefer Trump to the Democrats. A number of polls have shown a majority of Hispanic voters backing the Republicans, and a new poll shows that a majority of registered voters from all backgrounds are now in favor of mass deportations of illegal immigrants. According to a new yek Of poll, sixty two percent want to see mass deportations, and that includes josh A clear majority of Hispanic voters, and I've long said that Hispanics will become part of the Republican base that are typically socially conservative. They are aspirational, and the Democrats have really little to offer them at the moment other than victimhood and pronouns.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I live in South Florida. I mean this is kind of the epicenter of the Hispanic part of America. Moving to the right, I mean Miami Day County, which is the most populous county in all of Florida. You know, Ron de Santis won that by double digits in his group of toyal reelection.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: He won Miami Day County, which is a seventy percent Hispanic county. He won it by eleven points. Marco Rubio, our center here in Florida, won by ten points. And a lot of people look on that and they say, oh, it's Miami Day County. It's just these Cubans. They're all conservative because they're fleeing the castros and communism. It's actually not true. So in Osceola County here in Florida, which is a suburb of Orlando, heavily Puerto Rican County, Puerto Rican's historically a very very liberal demographic here in the United States. Osciola County, Florida actually voted for Romda Santis and Marco Rubio as well in twenty twenty two. You know, going back to twenty twenty, even in heavily Mexicans South Texas, down in the Rio Grand Valley, you had ninety to ninety five percent Hispanic counties like Star County, Texas, is Upota County, Texas, which some of them were actually outright breaking for Trump, but then Trump was actually very narrowly losing others by single digits. The broader shift is happening, And like I was just talking about with black voters, it's the same thing for these Hispanic voters. Reader. They don't like the way the economy is doing. They want their communities to be secure, They want people to be able to walk the streets safely without fear of being mugs, and they care about general public safety and deterring violence just as much as white voters or anyone else. So I am not surprised to see these data points, but I certainly do hope that they are giving Democrats a lot of heartburn.
Speaker 2: Now to Texas and the Department of Justice is indicted. A whistleblowing doctor exposed how a Texas hospital was continuing to perform sex change procedes and treatments on children as young as eleven despite announcing that were shutting down their gender clinic after Texas bans surgical procedures and prescription treatments for transgender youth. Doctor Ethan Haim, a surgeon at the Texas Children's Hospital, is accused of accessing and obtaining information belonging to these patients without authorization, and it's convicted. He faces up to ten years in federal prison and a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars maximum fine.
Speaker 6: Tell me about this case, Josh.
Speaker 2: This seems to be a whistleblower who is being punished for doing the right thing. How could he possibly expose this if he didn't access that information?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So the DOJ is alleging that he They're saying that he violated HIPPA, which is a patient privacy protection statue that existed in the United States for a number of decades now. But the point here, Rita, is that they're picking the target very carefully here. You know, the very nature of prosecution is that prosecutoral resources are scarce here. I mean you learn this as a first year lawsuitent. Going back to criminal law course, no prosecutor literally has the manpower, the time, the resource, or anything in order to prosecute every possible offense that comes across or her jurisdiction. The fact that they are going after after this whistleblower, who again audibly and nobly was blowing the whistle because the Texas Children's Hospital was lying. That they were lying. They said that they were cutting back on these genital mutilations so called surgeries on chemical castration. They said in response to pressure from Texas Attorney General Ken Pax and Governor Greg Gavit. They said, in response to that that they were finally shutting it down, and they lied about it. That is why this whistleblower came out and said, you know what, mister Governor, mister train General, they're telling you one thing, they're not doing it. So the fact that he's being prosecuted for doing the righteous, noble, just and correct thing here on dubious statutory grounds says everything they need to know about America's further further unraveling weaponization of our law enforcement apparatus.
Speaker 2: And I've saying that trust in the justice system at historic laws in America and we know why. It's very much a justified point of view. Josh Hammer, always a pleasure to hear from you.
Speaker 5: Still to come.
Speaker 2: The Hawthorne racism saga, i'm one of the most shameful episodes in Australian media.
Speaker 6: So Vie Ellsworth joins me.
Speaker 2: Next joining me now is media writer for The Australian.
Speaker 6: Sophie Ellsworth.
Speaker 2: Let's start with what is one of the most shameful episodes in the Australian media and the sports media. But this story went further than just the sports media, and it's the way three men were defamed as racist monsters after the ABC published Elaked Report, a deeply flawed report into the culture at Hawthorne Football Club. Last week, former Hawthorne coach Alistair Clarkson, now the coach of North Melbourne, spoke about his desire for the saga to end up in the Federal Court so he can finally put his side of the case forward.
Speaker 16: And that's what's perplexing for focus, myself and Jayson. We've got to six over six hundred days later and we still haven't had the opportunity either through Hawthorne, through the AFL, through the AFL investigation, through the Human Rights Commission, nor a court of law to actually tell our story. And ironically enough, the three people were actually quite going for it to go to the federal court as Fergus, myself and Jas because that will provide a platform to be able to tell our story.
Speaker 2: This is a fascinating case. I remember writing about this, well, that was it September twenty twenty two, whenever this story first broke and you looked at some of the allegations, some of the claims that were just being accepted uncritically, and the way people were condemning these men that were guilty as charged was incredible because there were massive holes in that entire report. There were huge concerns, and yet the media almost uniformly ignored those to just go after these three men and destroy them. And for a period all three had to step down from their roles and things have turned around now, but it looked like and I was hearing from season Footy types predicting that Alistair Clarkson Chris Fagan, coach of Brisbane, they would never coach again because of how they were perceived after this story.
Speaker 5: Broke a terrible situation.
Speaker 19: Reata and you've written about this many times and called it out right from the beginning.
Speaker 5: It was flimsy from the beginning.
Speaker 19: And this is the concern with the media is sometimes it's trial by media. It's guilty until you've proven innocent, not the other way round.
Speaker 5: And I think that was really problematic with this story.
Speaker 19: And you can see when Alistair Clarkson spoke there, he's obviously still very distressed by them.
Speaker 2: He went out on stress leave, that's right, last year.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 19: So the fallout from this has been shocking and it hasn't been a good reflection on the ABC, on the AFL or Hawthorne Football Club.
Speaker 2: In my view, No, I think there are many answers for the Hawthorn Food Club, many questions for the Hawthorn Bok Club to answer, and they may be facing a multimillion dollar lawsuit as well, so they've got all sorts of issues to contend with in the coming years off field. Now, let's talk about nine and their ongoing woes. Kerie Anne Kennley is the latest start to speak out about the entrenched culture of the network. Has there been any response from nine to what Kerie Ane Kenley told you in the Australian.
Speaker 19: So basically nine, you know, keeping their responses very careful with all of these allegations, RITA, because we now have the external review that is undergoing in the News and Current Affairs Division within nine, so they are not saying much other than Mike Sneezeby has come out yesterday in an email to all staff and said basic, we need to change the culture at nine. He admits there were wrongs in the past and they need to change the culture in order to move forward.
Speaker 5: But Nine have been very careful what they say.
Speaker 19: Because this external investigation is still afoot and could take some months. But apparently from what I have been told from numerous sources is that dozens of women and females, both former and current staff, are making complaint Dozen.
Speaker 5: That's what I've been told.
Speaker 2: Well, are we going to have any clarity once this review is completed about what their findings are. Is this school going to be kept in house or will they actually come clean because they did try to hide this.
Speaker 6: It was the Australian that broke this story.
Speaker 5: RITA.
Speaker 19: They have to well have said to staff they will share the findings when it's handed down by the Advisory Group Intersection, and this will have to be made public.
Speaker 2: I mean this is impacted Nine. This has impacted them. They've lost their chair Peter Costello.
Speaker 19: You know, they've had managers move, They've had Darren Wick leave the business. They've had such widespread problems. Their share price has fallen too, So this saga is far from over.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, seven is also facing some challenges. They've also had allegations of cultural issues.
Speaker 6: And they have a new news boss.
Speaker 2: Who has hired a comedian from the ABC, Mark Humphreys, to refresh their news coverager.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure how this is going to work. Do we have.
Speaker 2: Any information about how Mark Comphreys came to be hired and what his role is going to be within the news team.
Speaker 19: So Retel, we've obviously got a new news director at Channel seven, Anthony de Segli, and he has made this bold decision to insert Mark Humphreys into the six pm news bulletin in Sydney. Mark Humphrey's is obviously a comedian, He's done this sort of work before, and Anthony Decegli is trying to shake things up at seven. So Mark Comfreys will start at the network in the coming weeks. It will be on a weekly basis. This sort of comedy inserted into the news. Now, I wonder how this is going to work, reader, when you have a serious news bulletin and suddenly trying to inject news.
Speaker 5: So let's see if it works.
Speaker 2: Let's look at some silly reporting from the UK.
Speaker 6: You could mock this. This is easy to mock.
Speaker 2: The Mirror warned its readers last week of a heat wave set.
Speaker 6: To hit major cities.
Speaker 2: They wrote, UK to be blasted by forty eight hours.
Speaker 6: Of twenty six degree heat wave.
Speaker 2: I don't notice twenty six degrees a heat wave anywhere in the world, but it's incredible the hardship the poems have to endure for forty eight hours. But we've got The Guardian, on the other hand, saying that it's actually quite cold in the UK. But they still need to get some climate cult commentary in their saying the cool start to the summer may feel more miserable than figures suggest because people have come to see heat.
Speaker 6: Waves as the norm.
Speaker 2: Global heating means UK summers are more than a degree warmer than in the seventies, but I wonder how much warmer they are than the I don't know, twelve hundreds, thirteen hundreds, you know, the medieval warming period. So there is a lot of material there to be mocked. But I do wonder if Marc Comfrey's is going to touch any of that. I think you'll just be watching Sky hoping for moments for Sky, which is wonderful promotion for us.
Speaker 6: So if you see this mark, please publicize.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Absolutely, But Rita, I mean, really, the Brits are complaining about twenty three degrees celsius twenty six.
Speaker 5: It's twenty three, so should I say?
Speaker 19: I mean, it's a heat wave and they are all panicking and they need to stay indoors because it's so hot. I mean, you can mock these It's just too easy to mock Rita. It sort of shows the fast that you know, when they're making headlines that's twenty six degrees and it's a heat wave and this is a climate emergency, then you start to really question thisty you.
Speaker 2: See this, So it's so prevalent in the UK when they're doing their weather reports on television, the heat and the map is all in red in summer, like the whole place is on fire, even though the temperatures are the same as they were a couple of years ago with a normal map, so it is all about those optics. Sophie Lsworth, thank you so much for your time this evening. Thank you, Rita, and that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight.