Speaker 1: Cass, I'll get a kids, and welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Now everything's going up.
Speaker 1: The cost of living absolutely skyrocketing at the moment, and there is one confectory that you will not believe what people are paying for.
Speaker 3: Who know, we're already future mourning the death of fan Tailes, which is just over her horizon. I know that I'm going to cry at the funeral. And there's people profiting off this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unbelievable what they're charging for it. So we did ask the question, what are you prepared to pay for your favorite things in life?
Speaker 3: What would you not part way with? No matter what, you can't even put a money.
Speaker 2: Factor on it, exactly. Abolicious from the newsroom.
Speaker 3: Delicious that we're going now, Yeah, I think so. Do you like it?
Speaker 4: I just come here to get my ego pumped up.
Speaker 2: You've got some devastating news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is something that I came across on social media. So shout out to the page Just Adelaide Things, which is just keeps me laughing all day long.
Speaker 2: Honest.
Speaker 1: See the guy from the beer on the barbecue festival on the weekend jump on Stadelaide Things because he had a night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was incredible so as we know, fantales have been scrapped. Devastating news. That's been a lolly that's been around for you know, one hundred years. How horrible. Anyway, the Atua Hotel, which is the hotel next to the airport, are selling your little normal bags for fifteen dollars.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: That's an airport thing, though, isn't it Just ridiculous? Ridiculous?
Speaker 4: People have literally gone to eBay and are selling packets of fantails, like a kilo packet of fantails for more than one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, really would you pay that for fantaals. There's a conspiracy theory as well, is that's Alan's. It's Allan's, isn't it. It's potentially going to be like, oh yeah, dude, of popular demand, Fantales is coming back.
Speaker 4: Well they could, and they've done that, like the polywaffle. Actually we're still waiting for the poly waffle to come back. But that's meant to be coming back and we're still waiting and it hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 3: There's only one person on this planet that eats Polly waffles, and that is Graham Corn. That's true story. She genuine polywaffle enthusiasts really.
Speaker 4: Saw that nibbling on a Boufer sprinkled donut on Saturday morning when I was working on says, I have a.
Speaker 3: Look at him. Where does he put it?
Speaker 1: Where does where do all the corns is put their food canes?
Speaker 2: Is a rake?
Speaker 3: No, Chad's Chad storing it? Well? Oh yeah, yeah, he's turning it in a muscle.
Speaker 1: Chad is the only the only corns member of the family that's converting energy to muscle.
Speaker 4: But yeah, my eBay, my eBay search as well. Someone else put four pat like four you know, the wrappers, and obviously it's got the hoo the trivia things. They put four wrappers up for ten dollars, just the rappers with no trappers.
Speaker 1: That's taking the fifth, taking the absolute.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I guess it's sort of I was thinking about this, what things, no matter how expensive they are, would you still pay for?
Speaker 2: Undoubtedly caramelk coke pokey.
Speaker 1: But I would say in terms of services, I will always get my hair dyed blonde.
Speaker 2: I just can never not be blonde.
Speaker 4: I would like to go back blonde. That's a different story though.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys pay far too much money as it is. Don't we to go to the hairdresser. I'm staggered when my wife comes home and says I dropped this amount of money, and I'm literally and I will never say it. I'll never say it because I'm a gentleman. I don't know the difference.
Speaker 5: I can't tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll never not pay for my hair to be done, I don't think. And I'll also am very amenable to that fifty dollars bottle of shampoo that they insist you have to have to keep it blonde.
Speaker 2: Of course I need that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's yours having?
Speaker 4: I'd probably the same my hair. I've got grays coming through.
Speaker 3: Do you wear?
Speaker 4: We'll see if I get my hair done. So you don't know, but yeah, I'm the same my hair and I shouldn't do it, but I get na. I always speak to I just it makes me feel like I've got my life together. My hair's done.
Speaker 2: Nail is a pretty absolutely I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: And I was never a fingernail person because I've always played netball, But now that I'm not playing, I'm like, oh, get those get the S and S in me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, do you know what that means sn S, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know s and m I was playing a little Rihanna song in my head.
Speaker 4: That's some of your personal life.
Speaker 1: The disturbing part about that his car is away too, and that's still foremost in his mind anyway. Thirteen twenty four ten. What's not non negotiable? What will you never give up despite cost of living and inflation?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: What if dot com helps ossies make the most out.
Speaker 3: Of every trip book a hotel, fight, late check out and spa or before you can say breaking my.
Speaker 6: Fame, jump on the waterfap and get started. What if it's Ossie for travel?
Speaker 2: So we're asking the question thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 1: And we do have a school holiday pack to give awaye hundred dollars reading cinema voucher and then two hundred dollars beach house vacture.
Speaker 2: If you want to get involved this morning, be the best caller. What do you refuse to give us?
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter what happens with the cost of living, with inflation, with all the horrible financial situations that are going on at the moment, what do you refuse to not buy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Debbie from Cammeltown, Good morning, to you. Why aren't you giving up?
Speaker 7: I probably wouldn't give up chocolate, and probably the dogs. As much as they cost me, I wouldn't give them up either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair sort of What sort of dogs you got there, desiree, Debbie?
Speaker 2: I don't put my glasses on.
Speaker 3: Hey, Debbie, how often the people call you desiree?
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry? What sort of dogs have you got? Corcer spaniels, Gorgas vaniels. Are they particularly expensive?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: The upkeep, the grooming?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, the grooming, the food, the treat, you know, everything that goes with them.
Speaker 2: I feel like you might spoil them dead. Oh just a tad, Yeah, but not okay.
Speaker 7: Probably saw them more than the kids.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you. I'm not going to say your name again for fear of doing it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: De gazine from Oddaway? What do you refuse to give up?
Speaker 8: My nicorette chewing.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 8: I've been chewing those for the past twenty years after I gave up smiking. And do you think I can get off of them?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: Are they're good for stress? If someone pisces me off, I chew my chewing is even harder?
Speaker 3: Is excellent?
Speaker 2: How much are they a packet.
Speaker 8: Oh, well, they range. Sometimes you can get them for forty three dollars a packet and other times fifty dollars a packet. If they last a week, it's better than smiking.
Speaker 2: Yes, so true, Catherine, thank you for your call. All right, she read from Seaford Rice, Good morning, good morning. What do you refuse to give up despite the cost of living?
Speaker 7: Oh, my gosh, good quality toilet. Sorry, it has to be. I love to give the crap and they're amazing and it gets delivered to your home and it is amazing quality, and it's also eco friendly for the environment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got the same thing. And that's after you graduated twelve years in the school system. We're at a single ply where you're constantly walking around and all your teenage years like you're horrendously chafed, and then when you're graduat into three PLI, it's like absolute heaven.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good brand though, because there's always a bit of a moral toss up. Do I want the stuff that feels good on my bottom or do I want to look after the environment?
Speaker 2: They very rarely meet together.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 7: I agree. I've got three children and they just actually go through it, but good quality toilet paper is a muss.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 3: Hang on, Sree, you weren't one of those people that during the pandemic. Absolutely no, I.
Speaker 9: Didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Adam from Andrew's Farm, Good morning. What do you refuse to give up?
Speaker 3: Morning, guys? I refuse to give up. My farm is unionized. Coffee. Ah, yes, some spilt milk is worth crying over. Farmers Am, I right, you're right spot on.
Speaker 2: How many are you having a day?
Speaker 3: I just have one, but I have one of the seven to fifty.
Speaker 6: Meals every morning, the big chaps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it has to be a strong too, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, okay, We've got a cameraman a Channel ten who shall remain nameless, Sean Perry.
Speaker 3: And Sean Perry would bathe in farmers Union.
Speaker 2: He has like four or five a day unions.
Speaker 3: If you stay, if you look at him closely, he's starting to turn into a carton farmers Union starting from the bottom down. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's good to start a bad thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Adam, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Stuff to Addam. Hey you, Adam, We've got a little school holiday package for you. Beautiful. So thanks to the beach House, the perfect destination for a fun field day. It's more fun at their house, the beach House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 3: Eye just past seven thirty quotes to have you on board this morning. Look for some reason you're jumping on board for the first time. Welcome, good on, you's come here, give us coming here?
Speaker 2: You feel good?
Speaker 3: Need shower? Just kidding, Hey, coming up very soon. We're going to in fact, in a matter of minutes, we're going to review our songs for Battle of the Bangers. Yes, it's a score update too. You're still winning five four, but cheese. I'm really going hard on a bit of a comeback.
Speaker 1: Kay, you've had a little run, But I'm quietly confident.
Speaker 2: With my song. Really why because it's a good song. Okay, people are gonna love it more than yours.
Speaker 3: Okay. Unrelated Taylor Swift? Oh how good is Tayte Swift?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I mean some of our oldest songs are absolutely epic. So you won the fresh shit It's called cruel start.
Speaker 6: What if dot com helps oussies mate the most out of every.
Speaker 3: Trip book, a hotel, fight, late check out, and spa all before you can say Ricky Buffet.
Speaker 6: Jump on the water fat and get started.
Speaker 3: What if it's Aussie for travel, It's time battle Battle of the Bangers, so comrades fighting for hit supremacy. That's what this is all about.
Speaker 2: This is how it works.
Speaker 1: If you want to get involved, jump on our Instagram page, Jodi and Hazy, and you can vote for which song you want to hear at eight o'clock tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: We need twenty four hours for people to get their votes in. That's how it works. You'm gonna go first.
Speaker 3: I would like you to go first. Set the tone, and interestingly as well, in this particular battle. Look, we're not keeping score, Yes we are. You better believe our bluddy keeping score. Five to four you were leading at the minute.
Speaker 2: It's time.
Speaker 3: I reckon, I reckon. It got sort of five five to one one stage was it five one? I'm not a big old comeback like that.
Speaker 1: A dramatic comeback. It got to about five to two three settled round on a.
Speaker 3: Goal comeback and a good comeback, not like Tony Locke in two thousand and two. I'm talking to Tiger Woods in twenty nineteen? Was it when he won the Masters? That sort of comeback, that's what we're talking.
Speaker 1: What about when Michael Jordan played baseball, that's this sort of come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not talking. I'm not talking Michael Jordan when he went and played for the Wizards. I'm talking about for the second three peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's set the tone here. And I wanted can I explain why I picked this song? Because I was driving around on my holiday on the Gold Coast on the weekend with the kids and this came on the radio and it took me right back to year twelve when it was the anthem to our youth.
Speaker 3: This is such a Gold Coast so sha shake shaken health me. But oh my goodness, sir, Mix a lot.
Speaker 2: Eh, who doesn't want to hear it? Mix a lot.
Speaker 3: It's still the theme song on the Gold Coast as you speak, just being released in Tazzy Too. It is a good song. Look credit where it's due. So mix a lot. What an interesting character he is? Where was he united too? And who knighted him? It gives me just mix a lot.
Speaker 2: Just because he liked really big ground, juicy butts. I'd love that for him.
Speaker 3: Well, he'd a good enough at your own profession. Someday he will be knighted. His profession is liking big round juicy butts.
Speaker 2: Stop procrastinating, he.
Speaker 3: Got back, sir, mix a lot, interesting choice, do you know what? Do you know? It seems to be somewhat popular at the minute, Taylor Swift. I'm jumping on board, but let's go back to twenty fourteen. Thank you very much. A bit of wild streams if I'm just going to paint a picture for you right now, our boss, Josh McCay is in the studio. He takes Battle of the bank is really personally it doesn't. It's like I'm in year ten again and when I gave my report card to dad and it was awful, and Dad's just shaking his head and like, I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the exact look on our boss's face right now.
Speaker 3: This is a good song.
Speaker 1: The text two oh four hundred nine one nine nine one nine thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: Let us know and make.
Speaker 1: Sure you jump on Instagram and make sure you please sorry, actually pick Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: What's going on here? Is everyone against me?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: I just find it very interesting that you picked this as a banger.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to what I think.
Speaker 3: I've always loved Taylor Swift grabs.
Speaker 1: Know what you're trying to do is jump on the band wagon, the Swifty vandwagon, and you're trying to get the female vote at the moment.
Speaker 3: How very dare you accuse me of such things?
Speaker 2: That's not your motivation.
Speaker 3: You're going to deny that is she popular at the moment? What's happening?
Speaker 7: God?
Speaker 1: Not being so strategic. You need to start voting. The problem is you need to start picking.
Speaker 2: Your songs with your heart, not all you think is going to win.
Speaker 3: Who lost you again? Anyway? Two songs you got mix a lot or you've got Taylor Swift. You make the right colliny, you.
Speaker 2: Will go out with mine? Please just be fair.
Speaker 3: What a tease? You're lost it. It's an over guess reeking story. Just how several scenes is huge?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: The final season of Succession has dominated this year's Emmy nominations with twenty seven nods.
Speaker 6: Does that do things to you?
Speaker 2: That means it? When you hear me and.
Speaker 3: You're just about to settle in and have a really interesting time, but then at the same time being like, oh, it's so poor.
Speaker 1: The Acclaim HBO series picked up fourteen acting nominations, including recognition for Brian Cox, who plays Logan Roy the Matriarch. Jeremy Strong, who plays Kendall Roy is matriarch. Male notes that's the female, isn't it. I knew I messed that up. As soon as it came out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: I went, you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: We were all thinking, just let it go. Yeah, patriarch.
Speaker 2: God, what am I even doing here anyway?
Speaker 1: Jeremy Strong who played Kendall, Kieran Colkin who was Roman, and Adelaide's own Sarah's nork who plays Ship right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well I can't handle it, and fas who are you?
Speaker 3: And Aggressive?
Speaker 1: So it's pretty cool because it's the first time in Emmy's history that three performers from the same show of scored Lead Actor nominations in the same category.
Speaker 3: There you go, what an absolute phenomenon.
Speaker 1: If you haven't watched Succession, get onto it. It takes a little while to get into. I think, yeah, it's worth it.
Speaker 3: It's quite it's complexing because that's not a word. Particularly, Is that not a word complexing? Is it not a word?
Speaker 2: He perplexing?
Speaker 3: Perplexing is the word. Yeah, that's what I said. Where do you think I said?
Speaker 4: I started with CE we.
Speaker 3: Need P Yeah, right, because you think that Logan is cool and fun, and you wait for him to just graduate into this cool guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't quite get that, but he never does.
Speaker 3: He never gets there.
Speaker 1: I've just finished it, so I'm sort of like, you know, when you finish a series and you need a new one thirteen twenty fourteen, if you've got one for me, Yeah, because I'm struggling at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good mine.
Speaker 2: She you, Sue. Let's talk about Zaye Mallick.
Speaker 1: He shot the world when he announced he was quitting One Direction in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 11: Certain people were doing certain things, Certain people didn't want to sign contracts, so I knew something was happening.
Speaker 3: So I just got ahead of the curve.
Speaker 11: If I'm being honest with you, I was like, I'm just going to get out of I think this is done.
Speaker 3: I've just seen it, and.
Speaker 11: I completely selfishly wanted to be the first person to go and make my own record. And then there was obviously underlying issues like within our friendships too. We've been together every day for five years and we got sick of each other for being completely honest.
Speaker 2: Thank you well being completely honest.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of theories that maybe if there was a bad egg in one d Bunch, then maybe it was Zane. And have you seen Zay recently?
Speaker 2: He's very touched.
Speaker 3: Jeez, he's had some work done.
Speaker 2: He's had some heavy inc neck tats. You got any toatoos?
Speaker 3: Not on my neck?
Speaker 2: No, anyway, No, nowhere really No.
Speaker 3: We've joked a couple little ws on the cheeks. That's not true, Wow, Jones, little set up. I know you. Anyway, you'll get a couple got little ws.
Speaker 2: You've never seen. I don't have w anyway.
Speaker 1: Gabrielle Union was an actress on Bringing On and Ten Things I Hate About You. She's fifty now, Andrew, but she still likes to post photos of herself on Instagram wearing thong bikinis, and she's defended herself against the troll who said she's old enough to.
Speaker 3: Be a grandma, Like, you're going to see these chicks until my ass literally falls off, and I might just wear a bikini in the cascat.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He just a side note, didn't we see way beautifully from talking about Wow Jones the tattoos into Gabriel Hall Union talking about her butt checks.
Speaker 2: Can I say what disturbs me more?
Speaker 1: I think if women of any age want to wear whatever they want, then that's fine. What worries me more is the twelve thirteen year olds getting around on Glenelle beat with the thongs.
Speaker 2: I don't like. It makes it uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Come on, that was never a thing when we were kids. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was at a shopping center the other day and there was a girl wearing a thong lace body suit and you could see the sights on her jeans, you know what I mean. And I looked at my eleven year old and I said, that's not how we leave the house.
Speaker 3: Yes, that new trend where you're you're ripping your undies up over your bullet, Yeah, that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: I bet you were that kid. You were that kid.
Speaker 3: I was a kid who wore a g string and hunging up on top of my obleaques.
Speaker 1: No, you were that kid who thought it was cool to wear your box of shorts up here and then pull your pants right down when you're a teenager.
Speaker 2: Didn't you did?
Speaker 3: What am I? Slim Shady's doing that. You were all right there seven minutes to eight o'clock. Let's go through an over's cash or the car next and ow boy, Tom, do they not too far away? It's coming in, yes, live in studio.
Speaker 2: Well that's what he's coming in means, I think.
Speaker 3: I think it's just a different way to say it. Good stuff, Take.
Speaker 11: A sip of your coffee, settle into your seats.
Speaker 6: So good.
Speaker 3: This is Adelaide's Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 1: It's very bad news for those staunch Tunorama fans this morning.
Speaker 6: It's been canned.
Speaker 3: Ah, I get it, canna Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love it when you men explain jokes.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the trener Arm Festival. I'm very disappointed. One of those things which I don't know that i'd ever get to. But actually it's something that i'd be like. Now that it's gone, I'm like, oh, I would have got to.
Speaker 2: It wasn't there back in the day. I missed Tunorama.
Speaker 3: Well didn't they back in the day replace the actual tuna with like fake yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, late, It wasn't a real tuner, which makes me feel better for all the tuner out there.
Speaker 3: Weren't they just breathing a sigh of relief collectively, and.
Speaker 1: You imagine the indignity if that's the way you've gone out, you get thrown across an oval.
Speaker 3: Particularly around the Port Lincoln area. Now all they need to worry about is the hundreds of giant sharks that is circling.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a big show still to car and we're going to catch up with Will Anderson, who is very very funny, and he's going to talk us through his love of the Western Bulldogs football club, which knows no bounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a former number one ticket holder as well. Yeah, I know dogs are any interesting position at the moment. They're good one week and then not so good the next week.
Speaker 2: That's called a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: That's called a really indifferent form. Also, we're going to play this song before nine o'clock very soon. In fact, that's one you're listening out of it when Nova's cash or the car instant share of ten k cash. Sure the chance been around your MPG carve out t k licens number T two three fourd slash ninety seven sevents and on the player.
Speaker 2: App that was impressive, very much quick if you.
Speaker 3: Like that for a second, what happened with longer opening hours, online applications and lenders that come to you do it your way and visit credit union, essay dot com dot Are you what a lovely decision it would be to make on a Thursday morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a rough one. Instant gratification or do you just hang in there and try and wine car?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Really really soon? Tom doo day not so far away making his way in the studio as we speak. It's a long process because he's had a knee reconstruction. Let's speak to one of our favorites now, my.
Speaker 12: Dude, Please welcome to Jody and Hazy Tom.
Speaker 3: Today live in this studio. It's like white name or injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what even happened?
Speaker 5: Good morning? How are we going?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 2: How are you going?
Speaker 3: Very well? Thank you?
Speaker 13: Yeah, progressing each day and walking normally, no crutches, lifting weights, everything. So back at the club as per normal. Just can't run all train just yet, but other than that, feel pretty normal.
Speaker 2: Can you drive your little cart?
Speaker 5: I can?
Speaker 3: I can?
Speaker 13: Yes, there's been a week now of driving and it's good that the independence having it back and kicked mum out.
Speaker 5: Last week, which is also great. Just having the house back to myself.
Speaker 3: So it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to say, and I have to commend some of your teammates. On the weekend, I went over to Melbourne for the Adelaide Thunbird's Grand Final win.
Speaker 2: What victory it was, and I was.
Speaker 1: Behind me there's big Texan Walker and Riley Philthorpe and a few of the boys just getting around it.
Speaker 5: It was great, great win from the girls. And then I know a ton of our AFLW girls are there as well.
Speaker 13: And I think they might have had a camp on or something, so they left that just to just to go to it. So big support for our girls and they got it done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good, stuffy footy question for you is walk Tommy, what's going on? What's going on on the road? Yeah, hap good question. Yeah the channel with boys must be bringing their their pillow or something.
Speaker 13: I don't know, but yeah, there's just something about going away where we just seem to have these slow starts and they get.
Speaker 5: Us in the end.
Speaker 13: And against Hawks and Tazzy earlier in the year we had a slow start but we were able to find a way. But against the quality team like Essen and you're give them that start, it's a pretty much game over unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Are you fully invested now, almost in a coaching capacity, now that you're into your recovery and you're on the sidelines watching, or are you taking a step back and just focusing on yourself.
Speaker 13: No, at the moment, just taking the step back, focusing on the neee. It's sort of at a point where I feel comfortable doing a lot, but if I do too much, it gets pretty sore. And if I was on the bench, standing up and coaching or walking around the locker room for three hours, it wouldn't pull up too great. I'm not a great watcher though, Like I don't enjoy sitting there watching footy, and especially my own team because I can't have any impact. So I think I will lead to some sort of coaching effort in the later half. But yeah, at the moment, it's just sort of like to sit back, relax and enjoy it as much as you can relax when you go down five goals in the first quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be tough because I guess your defensive line really struggled without you, So it'd be nice to sit.
Speaker 2: Back there and go cheese. That's a much better side with.
Speaker 3: Me, and you guys could use me.
Speaker 5: They did not pass through my mind those thoughts at all.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk Battle of the Bangers, shall we? Yeah, big contest this week. You think you think I feels competitive? You come in here with Battle of the Bangers.
Speaker 3: Let's see what We're just gonna blindly throw this at you. Okay, Tommy, so you've got two options here, have not been prepared. So he's your first one. Shahake, shake down, help me, but mixed the lots, or you gotta be ta you gotta be Taylor Swift. Now, tom just reacted. Either that's a great song or that's awful. I'm not sure. I can't quite read it.
Speaker 13: I don't know which one we Obviously, the Taylor Swift tickets was a big deal a couple of weeks ago, and it led to a few of the boys leaning back into Taylor in the gym and the tunes. We were very Taylor influenced. And that's one of the great tailor sorts. Is probably in my top.
Speaker 1: Three kind of holt training to try and get tickets because I saw there was some Instagram posts with the boys on their laptops.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it wasn't the it was more the admin staff and upstairs and a couple of the football department. But a few of the boys were sort of like, yeah, they were a bit gutted because we're.
Speaker 5: Up in the gym and they're all on their phones.
Speaker 1: I who was the most heavily invested in getting Taylor tickets.
Speaker 13: We actually have a a like a football analyst, guy Nick Burn. He'll appreciate the shout out. He got two or three sets of tickets whilst other people at the club who were fighting for it didn't get any right, so he found a way and he just kept buying because he just kept getting in and then he ended up spending a lot of money. But he just got bulk tickets for him and his friends and family. So I don't know how he managed that. But none of the boys, None of the boys got in.
Speaker 3: I think there.
Speaker 13: I think their closeted. They probably got their partners to do it and they'll go and sing along when they can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, time we just say this is on the record as well. Tom Doude fully indorsed Pylor Swift Wildest Dreams for Tomorrow's Battle.
Speaker 2: Didn't he didn't do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look baby got back. Yeah it's got a time and place, but not in this society.
Speaker 2: Time was year twelve on the Gold Coast?
Speaker 5: How long ago?
Speaker 4: That little while?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh yeah, okay, hey, just this. We obviously watching a lot of TV, probably the Moments what are you across? And the Emmys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nominations twenty seven nods for Succession.
Speaker 2: Have you watched it?
Speaker 13: Succession is my probably my favorite shows since Breaking Bad. Yeah, it's I think it's probably a top five show of all time.
Speaker 1: So, without without giving anything away about the finale, were you happy with the finale or were you a bit disappointed?
Speaker 5: No, very happy. I think it's a perfect succession ending. Okay sort of yeah, again, I won't go too deep into it. But Benny Keys is also a massive fan.
Speaker 13: We talk about it weekly and when it was coming out, and yeah, we were all all very happy with it.
Speaker 3: Were you shocked that Roman Roy died?
Speaker 5: You say that as a joke, but now someone is watching it. Yeah, the way you say they know that he doesn't die.
Speaker 2: Top spoiling Succession for everyone, just.
Speaker 3: Ruined it for so many Sorry, sorry, I promise. Or maybe he does die, I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: Watch this space is it Roman or is it another Roy?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, now that I've finished, do you have a recommendation for me? Because I'm hour ring the internet trying to find something good question.
Speaker 13: I know this is probably I mean, it's a bit more my recommendation, but I'm just going to throw it out there for you anyway, Joe, just maybe just expand your horizons a bit. But there's a new series called Quarterback on Netflix follows three NFL Quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: I did see the NFL season, saw the trailer for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I watched the first two episodes last night.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 5: But it's really good for me because I love NFL.
Speaker 13: So see how you go watch an episode with your better half and see if he if he enjoys it or not.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be absolutely all over that. That sounds like something I'd really be into.
Speaker 5: Yeah, more more pat Ma homes and less of his partner though she can get a little bit.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she was intense in the trailer episode too.
Speaker 3: It level she crops a fair bit on social media as well. Before we let you Go, our other favorite time and that is Tom Rahan. We had him in here the other day. He said this in regards to a bit of a showdown for Nova's handball blits, which I know that you're heavily invested in.
Speaker 12: I think this is just me, but I think this should be a showdown between the two of you, plint of nervous handball blitch. I think the handball bleats. I think it needs to be a bit of Hazy up against a bit of Jodey.
Speaker 3: So what we're doing is.
Speaker 1: So you've heavily back to Hazey this morning and everything, so let me guess you're going.
Speaker 2: To back him into the handball blitts too.
Speaker 5: No, I'm going to sit on the fence on this one.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 13: I do have a thing. I want to up the stakes a little bit though. I want to put a bit of a punishment for the loser. It might sound a little bit gutless, but I want to, Like, you have to do a full segment eating sour lollies, but I get to pick the sour lollies, So they're not going to be just a sour squirm from Natural Confectiony Company that you can just enjoy. They're going to be super duper sweet and sour.
Speaker 3: Wow. Love this. You are get to battle with that. Yeah, that's how confident I am.
Speaker 2: I am really nervous about.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know those like the warheads, like the sort of ones that really make you just squirm. Yeah, so I'm going to put them in there and throw that in. It's just a little bit of an extra bonus for the loser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just going to have to kick your ass there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need to probably start training now. The other thing we need to talk about as well is Tom if you can just look to to your right behind you, Oh, can you explain to us what you see in that magnificent little piece down before this run. I'm not talking about that pop plan. I'm talking about the trophy in front of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's an incredible trophy, Handball Blitz trophy.
Speaker 3: Well, the trophy is in only.
Speaker 13: The most the most commitment I've seen put into anything at the Nova Studios.
Speaker 5: This this year.
Speaker 3: The trophy is nearly six foot.
Speaker 1: I know we can't fix the microphones, but geez, we can do a trophy mocrophone.
Speaker 5: I have to push it up every week at least the trophy is.
Speaker 3: The trophy is epic. So if you haven't registered your details yet, definitely do that. Violent overplayer and a big thanks as well to Con and the Team Brighton Trophy Center, because that's the best trophy that I've ever seen in my life, the.
Speaker 2: Most magnificent trophy I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Very good stuff. Thank you for that challenge.
Speaker 5: I get involved to win this trophy, to take it on.
Speaker 3: Can you put? Can we put?
Speaker 5: Jody and Hazy and Tom?
Speaker 3: Do you want to be apart to it as well? But do you want to be.
Speaker 2: It's just a knee surgery. What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: That puts me at a disadvantage against you too? That I'm you know?
Speaker 2: Do you think you could still take me? We didn't need.
Speaker 3: I love that confidence in very good stuff. To appreciate time. Thanks, thanks, thanks going good luck with the recovery.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Speaking to a couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: Haziness.
Speaker 3: Just a fun decision to make a share, an instant share and ten thousand dollars cash. Precisely, that's one hundred bucks in your pocket. The chance to jump in the drawer for a brand new MG value are twenty thousand dollars. And we can't stress this enough. It's a sexy car, the MG.
Speaker 1: We were googling it yesterday. It's a hot little car, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous. Ten people in the drawer for the car, So I mean, if I'm going to crunch some numbers, that's six four, that's a one in ten chance.
Speaker 2: Let's go for to Mia from Seaford Rice. Good morning, Mia, Good morning, how are we really?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I just want to get your take on Battle of the Bangs very quickly as well.
Speaker 2: Who you're going for to mix a lot? Baby? Got back all that silly Taylor Swift.
Speaker 9: Number good silly Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course in a little turn, hasn't it?
Speaker 3: It really is?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Man? All right? May I have two options. You've got the car, of course, you can take the cash. What do you think?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm going in for a car because I just killed my letter box with mine. I would with an MG, but yeah, I've had a couple of little incidents over the years and it's sort of getting a bit run down and old, and so I'm going to go for the car.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: That's now one in eleven.
Speaker 3: Charts, the MG, and the MG is shaking in its boots.
Speaker 2: The MG is like, don't let it be there.
Speaker 3: Thank you for jumping on board me. Congratulations, Thank you very good stuff.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with longer opening hours, online applications and lenders that come to you do it your way and visit credit Union, essay, dot com dot au the.
Speaker 1: License number real quick to T two three slash nine seven seven and and season the Nova.
Speaker 3: Player apply very good stuff. Will land Erson not too far away and coming up next on the stage, we'll take a little trip down memory the Maine. Is that one? Okay, let's do it to every morning, every day, every Adelaide, Oh, good morning friends. Just start to eight point thirty and our Battle of the Banger is it's really starting to heat up. That's where we take two songs, we select one each and then eight am on a Friday re reveal the winner because we've had a big old vote on social media. So here's your options this week. Jody's choice, Shake Shake, Shake your shake down helping. But yeah, we just sir, mix a lot real old school stuff. Well we'll just channel the queen. This is crazy. So this is crazy. You got the most outrageous lead early and no one has faith inside the team here at Nover. And then we got our mate Tom do dam yeah fastic which one he preferred? And then He told us his story about how he loves Taylor Swift, and all the Crows boys were on board trying to get tickets, et cetera. And all of a sudden, wasn't there a momentum shift?
Speaker 2: What is it now?
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift's winning. It's fifty seven to forty three percent. Oh my god, the.
Speaker 1: Little Boys Club at work again.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the Little Boys Club.
Speaker 1: We love Taylor Swift since when since she announced a concert tour in the world went gaga?
Speaker 2: Is that when you started loving Taylor?
Speaker 3: Don't a boy's thing, It's a crow's thing. Because I'm pretty sure that Maronov and the girls and Nan Hatchad like Taylor Swift as well.
Speaker 2: Get Maronov on the phone right now.
Speaker 1: She'll vote for Baby Got back, But there's no question about that, all right?
Speaker 3: Jump on Jadi and Hayes on Instagram, Ken Sense at text as well. I thought of no My nine tomorrow morning eight o'clock. We will reveal the winner.
Speaker 2: It's taking a real turn, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You're so salty up, Charlie.
Speaker 2: Is this guy I called you a baby earlier on when I was.
Speaker 3: Winning, So just a bait of bitcher off the mic. I said, what about this? Tylor's actually Carlo's taking end shes Joddy goes, Oh, it's because you're a big baby. How does it even make sense? It's all lose e ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Have you lost yet?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Here, you're right. Just give me a long journey. Let's take a trip down memory lane. I reckon, we're a little you tell.
Speaker 6: Me you built a time machine.
Speaker 3: On this dazy good on?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 3: What I forgetting the Thursday? One more day to go? And then we smashed the weekend. In the meantime, let's inject you with some really helpful knowledge to help you prosper in your life. On this day, the thirteenth of July, Let's go back to nineteen eighty seven, Kylie Minogue less to her debut single locomotion O good.
Speaker 2: Can you remember the film clips? She had the real curly hair. Yeah, sung about not wearing overalls anymore.
Speaker 3: She's so young. Oh my gosh, she's certainly come a long way. I think we can all agree on that.
Speaker 2: I think you might have said to me, didn't she get hot? I could say that, I think you did.
Speaker 3: Could I say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I thought that.
Speaker 5: I thought it no you said it.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and six. UK sing a songwriter Lily Allen relates it to her debut album Alright Still, which when you say the way that she would say it is all right, all right still, all right Still. Twenty nineteen Women and Women's Tennis, Simona Halep beats Serena Williams six two six two in just fifty five minutes. And that was the thing with Serena Williams, particularly recently. She gets to all these finals, but she either smashes you. She either smashes you or sometimes she just gets smashed. Yeah, it's like you know what's going to happen pretty.
Speaker 2: Early on wh is she consistent? Six arena?
Speaker 3: Listen to me talking about like I've played it before. Yeah, this is what happens when play. Twenty seventeen, Dunkirk film premieres in London, England that stars Harry Styles. It's a war movie. Who's all that coming?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it?
Speaker 3: Have you? I haven't seen it either, But Harry Styles. I will watch that guy do anything. Yeah, I know, man, that sounded creepy. I'd rather watch him do music and movies.
Speaker 2: Oh it's too late now, baby Sport too.
Speaker 3: I've watched Harry Stole's performance supporting Arena Okay Okay numb one song on July thirteenth and twenty eighteen solo by Clean Bandit featuring Demi Levado. Demi's an interesting character, very complex, been through.
Speaker 1: A bit, has been through all those child stars that sort of lost her way a little bit.
Speaker 2: But that happens, doesn't It seems.
Speaker 3: To be a theme with child stars that it can be a little bit disarming and disabling when you're trying to grow up. Any Who that was on this Daisy and Missus, Jadie and Hazy. You want Battle of the Bangers? He got two options are the right ones? Go on s fifties, get on board. You love this cast you votes, or you've got an old song that's I'm even sure you've heard of Tanta Swift v Sir Mix the Lights. Let's get this going. We're going to reveal the winning song tomorrow morning eight am. Jump on socials at Jody and Hazy and of course you can text us four double O nine one nine nine one nine get voting. Please go tares with well Hazy.
Speaker 1: I'm super excited about this because Gluttony presents the Glenelg Winter Arts Festival. It is happening this Friday, and we're going to give you the chance to go along in just a moment, but we need to speak to this man first because he will be performing his show called We'll Illuminate, and he joins us now, Will Anderson, good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you very much for having me.
Speaker 10: Like, I've been coming to Adelaide to perform stand up comedy for twenty four years and I've never made it as far as Glennell.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that never made it to Glenell? That's really that man. We're very famous for assuming that if it's more than fifteen minutes and it's a journey, but you've never gone as far as the city outside of what's the furthest she got to. I mean, about as far as I can walk in the radius.
Speaker 10: From the Garden of Unearthly Delights, and about as far as I can walk in a radius is as far as I've ever made it. So even when I was like booking for this festival, just in my head, I'm like, I was like, oh, well, I assume I'll just stay in the city still and let the gig will be out in Glenelg and the organizers are like, oh no, no, no, it's a whole different place.
Speaker 3: You've got to stay in glenew Hey will you are a Victorian boy through and through, so obviously there's this little rival between South Australia and Victoria. Can you just be honest with us for a second, your immediate thoughts when someone says, and maybe you're sitting at a pub in Melbourne and a couple of your Melbourne mate say, what are your thoughts when you perform it's our South Australia once a year, what are your immediate thoughts about great state? Well, no, there's state I love. Now.
Speaker 10: Here's the joke that it used to be. The joke used to be that you were just very economical that people would come out like I always remember this with British comedians. They would come out to the Adelaide Fringe and they would be like, oh my god, this is the greatest place on Earth's there's a fringe festival, there's a music festival, there's a motor race, there's a horse race. Like everything is happening at the exact same time. This place is amazing. I assume it is like this for the other eleven months of the year, and they would stick around and be rudely surprised that it was mostly just being angry at cane Corns for three months in the.
Speaker 3: Middle of the year, you get all that anger out, yeah, and then around about mark now it's different.
Speaker 10: Now, it's really different now, right, like with all the festivals.
Speaker 3: But then it just continued.
Speaker 10: There was the big football festival obviously, but then there's been yea, the live golf tournament, and now we've got this winter arts festival.
Speaker 3: This is turning into it.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure that we can sustain this pace at Adelaide, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We might be going a bit too hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And you don't need to talk to Hazy about the anger directed at cane Corns because he used to work with him on the sports station SEN So it was good for you because you never got any directed your way.
Speaker 3: Well yes, and also Okaine taught me how to deal with hate, all right, So so one maybe once or twice i'd get some some stick on Twinter, I'd be like, I can't handle this. And if you like, look at my notifications, mate, I've got three hundred year notifications. Has about sixteen death threats in there as well, and I'm getting through. We've got two hundred listeners and three hundred death threats.
Speaker 2: This is a good percentage, not adding up.
Speaker 3: He were speaking of footy, Am I right, saying that you're a massive Western Bulldogs fan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's true. I am a massive, massive Western Bulldogs fan like I was. I used to say long suffering, but of course then twenty sixteen happened, so.
Speaker 3: Now I'm quite content.
Speaker 10: Like Bulldogs fans aren't like Collingwood fans or Richmond fans or Adelaide Crow's fans who expect sustained success, Like we're just happy we fluked it once, like we're wrapped. We never thought it was going to happen. We are just like a guy who bought like the minimum lottery ticket into the lottery and just fluked the numbers one year when everybody else fell over with Stephen bradbreied it we weren't the best team. We stole it in the finals, like like a Western Bulldogs fan going through cars in the car park at the wind And Oval, like I know what happened and I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's the Bulldogs. And then you know you made the West Coast Eagles in twenty eighteen and you're like, what about that's all we stole that premiership? Oh mate?
Speaker 10: Can I say the West Coast Eagles by the way, Like what a football club where you can be the worst team in the competition by so far and you still get fifty thousand people to every home game, like they still have one hundred thousand members, like one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Members and they're terrible, Like that's amazing.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing about the Western Bulldogs is even if you don't bury it for them, everyone's.
Speaker 2: Got a little soft spot for the Bulldogs. And I don't know why. I don't know why.
Speaker 10: I know why. I'll tell you why, Joe. It's easy. You don't have any bad memories against the Bulldogs. That's the thing, right, the reason you hate a team. The only teams that really are angry at the Dogs of the Sydneys Ones and maybe Melbourne a little, but they beat us still, so they shouldn't even be that mad at us.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also if you're a lady, and maybe if you're a man as well, by myself, you've seen Bailey Smith and you're like, I think I like the dogs.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, about that young man, yeah, I mean certainly something about him on Instagram, not much about him on the field.
Speaker 3: At the moment.
Speaker 2: We can't wait to welcome you back and.
Speaker 1: Also for you to experience glen Elg for the first time. My god, please put some picks up on your Instagram.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: I mean, I can't believe it really that I'm going to Glenelg for the very first time in my life. So if you're a person in glen Elg who's never made the big trip into the city to see my show, this is your chance.
Speaker 1: And if you do want to go along, give us call now thirteen twenty four ten. You can win a double past to go and see we'll illuminate. Thank you so much for having a chat with us. It is absolutely always a.
Speaker 3: Pleasure, Oh my pleasure. What about Tom doo Day who was in here not too long ago as well? Two things and my song which absolutely flipped the script on that and then he threw some spice in when it comes to our little showdown that's going to happen between you and me as handballers.
Speaker 2: Heavily involved, isn't he.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I want to upper stakes a little bit, though. I want to put a bit of a punishment for the loser. You have to do a full segment eating sour lollies, but I get to pick the sour lollies. So they're not going to be just a sour squirm from natural confectionory company that you can just enjoy.
Speaker 5: They're going to be super duper sweet and sour.
Speaker 3: You're in big trouble, Lottie, big big trouble.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm in practicing. Who's to say?
Speaker 3: Who's to say it? But I don't think you have been. We're being honest. I have good nervous handball. But it's all thanks to our mates McGain. Wegain real estate, massive supporters of local making differs all over essay selling your home trust McGain. It'll do for us.
Speaker 2: It's been fun today, hasn't it really fun? I've loved it. Let's do it all again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: If we look over at this magnificent handball bit's trophy, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks to our mates, come from the Brion Trophies is actually taller than me.
Speaker 3: I think it might be really is. Yeah, trophy's got a bit more sweat