Speaker 1: Gooday, guys, I hope you will. Just before we get into this episode, I wanted to let you know why it's been so delayed. So basically, it was filmed in b raw footage, which is just a really high resolution file that we couldn't comprehend. Now, this episode was filmed in London with Prottie See, who's the producer and he does many roles within the Fellows studios. Now, he's a great bloke. We've known him for a couple of years now and we wanted to have a chat with him while we're over there. So we hope you enjoyed this episode. And obviously it was filmed probably six months ago, so it's a little bit outdated. But the conversation is great nonetheless, and we really wanted to share it with you, So we hope you enjoy this one. Next week we'll be back with regular uploads. But show Protty Sees some love, show us some love, and we'll see you next week for another episode. But enjoy this one today much love, have a good one. Seea gooday, guys, and welcome back to the Jamo and Dylan Show. Today we're having a very very special guest on he's close to our hearts because one of the best moments in our life.
Speaker 2: Happy, we'd see you were there, amazing.
Speaker 1: Lovely intro, Welcome to the show. It was a great night.
Speaker 2: That was we still talk about. Well, that trip for us was amazing in general, what so many good things happened, and that night was really good.
Speaker 3: Well, I remember when you did the pod announcing it to your listeners. I was listening to it on the plane to Melbourne. So we flew from Sydney to Melbourne, and I was like, oh, doing my prep for the show, like for the pod. I was listening to that, and I was like, this is so fucking wholesome because like these boys, like we've seen you on TikTok, Like let's link up with some creatives and we're there. Caol had found you on TikTok, sent it over like let's book it in, butked you in and then it's just like you lot actually just would never have expected doing that. No way for asses or anything. But it's like when you work with people that you've listened to or something. I was the saying when I got this job, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, what the fuck. Yeah, you meet these people that you've been watching, like it's sick. That's exactly what it was. I remember I was playing FAF at the time. It would have been like seven or eight pm in Perth.
Speaker 2: It was about two years ago like now pretty much when we because it was I was coming back from Europe two years ago and I was in Thailand or on a like stopover, but I stayed there for a couple of nights just to break up the trip and Jamo calls me. I want to say two years ago. It would be close to the date for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So like what I called Dylan was like, mate, we've just got a call from the Fellas.
Speaker 2: This is incredible, but it was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It was like what you were saying. It was a little bit of imposter syndrome because we had been watching callan Chip for so long and then to get the call up, it was like, you know, we've we've prepared for this, like we're ready to go. Yeah. It felt a little bit like sport. Yeah, up, you come and you come and prepare every week, and you know you put your best foot forward and then yeah, if you keep going and going, you get to put yourself in those positions and you get that call up.
Speaker 3: So I think that for me was like one of the first experiences I had where I was like, it gave me a bit of a wake up cause to like, cause you get desensitized very quickly, so like what you're doing and working on a show like the Fellas, I came in Sue Cow and shit was so welcoming and they very much made me feel like, you know, part of part of it very quickly, and you forget that these like you know, podcast or whatever are some people's you know, every week they'll listen to it without fail. It was that moment I remember being like, this is actually sick, Like the show I'm working on has impact on people's lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't realize because it's your normality to do it every single week and it's like see routine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was the first time we've ever traveled to do something, so yeah, I guess before then we took what we do seriously, but not to the point where we thought it could take us to that level. So like, by all means, we're not the biggest podcast in the world, like where we're so far off it. However, what we do, as you said, it impacts people in a positive way. Sure, and that's why we've kept doing it. It's been to get the winds along the way. It's been over five years now, yeah, like that's ment.
Speaker 3: We just keep coming in this two years longer, almost two years longer than I've been at the fellas.
Speaker 1: I've been almost three years now.
Speaker 2: So were you you'd been there what about a year before?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was almost a year my year would have been. So we came in September. Yeah, I was November. I joined twenty one.
Speaker 1: Because I remember speaking to you the first time we met in that airbnb in Melbourne and you were saying, how much of a whirlwind, like six to twelve months it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was crazy, bro like, especially as like in that time I came in as like producer, was never expecting to like be on camera or Mike or whatever. Never and then cow goes on the have a Word pod, the Scale slads Yep, goes on that podcast, comes back and he's like, I really like the dynamic of having the producer like chirping, and I was like, that's sick or whatever, and he said, would you like to do it? I was like, I'm not going to say no to this opportunity.
Speaker 1: That's class. So my favorite thing is when I listened to pitch side, Like we both love our Premier League, right, and when you get a gig, you know Lewis so good. And then I love it when Lewis is there too, because he winds everyone up. And the way I was saying it to deal earlier was that everyone has a Lewis in their group. Oh yeah, and hows is this guy called Brandon Li Yeah, his names or his nicknames Rambo, right, and Rambo gets the most piss taken out of him in our friendship group. But he like he still gives it out as well. He does looks for it, and I think Lewis Lewis might do that as well. He like fish for fish for The.
Speaker 3: Thing is with Lewis, you actually never know whether he's being serious or not because like in the office, okay, he'll say something really outlandish, but I look around, I've scam around the room and I look at someone like filming right now, like someone doing doing the vlog, because I'm like, you're just saying this for a reaction, but he actually like gets such a kick out of it. So like we'll be we did the fancy draft and he just he did not need to do this. He chose Jacob Murphy as his first round pick. There was absolutely zero reason to do that, apart from the fact you've got the reactions that you wanted.
Speaker 1: It was so funny. Everyone does have one in their group. You need one.
Speaker 2: I think they're important for a group dynamic.
Speaker 3: We've got a lag called Nick and is very much like that. Got actually kind of mixed tween two. So Nick sort of like when you're out and night out, he has to be center of attention, okay, and we always make good oak out of it, saying all right, if you're not got center of attention for long enough whatever. But then we've also got another guy who's very much he classed himself as a WhatsApp persona. Now, I don't know if you've got any of like this in your group. It's someone who, when you're in person will not really like give it too much, but they don't. They kind of sitting there, they sit in the wings, but as soon as they're on the WhatsApp group chat, they are giving everyone ship.
Speaker 2: Ours is pretty consistent on Messenger and on Yeah, what you see is what you get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon I can be a bit more chappy in the group chat though, Like I think everyone is a little bit more amplified when it comes to the group chat because you're a bit more safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keyboard worries, isn't it? Yeah, unless the foot is on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two of the boys teams are playing like at home at a prieze or something. Yeah, we had one last while we weren't there for it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there. I was over here.
Speaker 2: But in the footy, one of Rambo's team beat our mate Jared's team with a goal after the siren in AFL, which is really rare, and he was going, nah.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing I love about AFL, like our national sport, is that the final siren goes but if you've taken a mark, so if you've caught the ball, you still get to have your shot at goal, even if the time's gone.
Speaker 3: It's essentially a very very rare occasion that that shot goes in. But I assume everyone shoots when the siren.
Speaker 1: Goes correct, Yeah, and sometimes. For example, most AFL players could kick about fifty meters on average, fifty to fifty five meters. This guy was only shooting from about thirty five, Like, oh, maybe like forty directly in front. Just it was this guy who was in his first or second year, so all the pressures on his shoulders, packed stadium and then yeah, he sent it through stadium went crazy. And that's the one unique thing about our sport that I think is the winner after this special Yeah, yeah, have you watched much AFL at all? We didn't go to an NFL game next to us. It was the ground. Yeah, it was the ground final or something and cow got a plug for some tickets. Who wo.
Speaker 3: Yeah like light blue, Yeah, like the who the strike gave Coward along a scarf Melbourne. Yeah, and ended up winning and he was just like chirping about that in the group chat. But yeah, no, the AFL, it looks so fun.
Speaker 2: It is a great one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The closest sport would probably be Gaelic football.
Speaker 3: But the pitch is a massive Yeah, I couldn't get over. It's almost like a cricket pitch but well bigger circular.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The MCG obviously Melbourne cricket ground they played there too, that's that's where they play the Grand final. So no, it's a very special sport and it's really close to our hearts because we grew up playing it. It's like football for a lot of English kids. Yeah, but it's good because we've had the best of both worlds. We grew up playing both and.
Speaker 2: We've got to experience our first PREM game, which was a good atmosphere.
Speaker 1: How did you guys find that it was actually good?
Speaker 2: Obviously? Is Ipswitched more of like your like smaller local town. Yeah, it felt like all that city has is the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I don't know much about like East Anglia football, but Sam from behind the cam, he's he's from that way. Yeah, But I think Ipswich they've always kind of up until the last few years have struggled in like League One. Yeah, and then I think they got to the championship and they've been there for a bit.
Speaker 2: Because in the PREM long time ago.
Speaker 3: And then and sponsor, Yeah, he's I don't know if he's like an owner or anything, but he.
Speaker 1: I think recently he bought a steak in the club. But he's always been an Ipswich fan. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was a cool little town, like all these little pubs, and it was.
Speaker 1: A really wholesome. It was a wholesome experience. Like we we arrived in the town, we caught the Greater Anglia I believe it's called it got into Ipswich and then obviously because it's the first day in the prem for a long time. The Yeah, it was incredible. And that's one thing that that football has over AFL is we don't have relegation or anything. Yeah, it's just the I guess, the anticipation, the chance, like a lot of these things are amplified here compared to back home.
Speaker 3: That manager as well, who switch have, he's really good yeah, Kan mckn Yeah, I think I think actually he'll do quite well with them the season because they've got quite a depleted squad.
Speaker 2: But do you catch many of you're Chelsea man?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Actually, you know what, I used to go to a lot more games than I do now. So I had a period where I was going every week more or less. I had my mate's dad's season ticket because his dad just wasn't asked about football. We actually almost exchanged it into my name, which for those who are on a season ticket waiting list, no, there's an absolute gold time. Yeah, so I would have to so I'd have to do to get a Chelsea season ticket. Now this is when I looked maybe like a couple of seasons ago, I would have to for an entire season from the moment the home preseason game start, I would have to have a membership build up my points, go to absolutely every single game. I'd even need to go to the away games in the league Cups. To say we get Stockport on a Tuesday night, I would have to go to that game to be obviously pay for my ticket, build up the points to be in with the chants at the end of the season of getting a ballot spot to get a season ticket. So that's obviously. Chelsea is quite a small stadium, so for like a big club, it's quite hard. Even even now, like somewhere like Arsenal was really hard to get a season ticket for because football is so popular in North London. Everyone you got to speak to in North London is an Arsenal fan, so it's very it's very kind of like sought after. But yeah, with Chelsea had habit to do that for a whole season, and I think it was the year that I was going to do it. It was my first year at this job and I was just like I can't do that, man, Like I'll just if I can get a game ticket to a game I will but yeah, me and the lad I went to the season ticket with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't really chat anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, one of them.
Speaker 1: So lost a friend and a Chelsea ticket. I didn't do anything wrong. Can I just say it wasn't actually involving me. It's just a cross path in one of those. There's one of them for you know, you know it goes you know, it's a shame when those things happened because he would have had so many good memories with that person too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we saw Chelsea win the Champions League together. Yeah, and we weren't didn't go to Porto because it was during COVID. I actually had the like ticket to go in my basket for like one of them one where you can go the same day and come back the same day. So you fly out the morning and it's a really early flight. You obviously go to the game, your match ticket is in that package, and then you get the last plane home. So in this instance, I think it would have been right because it was COVID times. My mates who were over there said there was no celebrating afterwards in Porto and those you know, Porto is a six city, especially for.
Speaker 1: A night out.
Speaker 3: So to hear that is like if you went Chelsea win, you get the best of both wards because you were there, but then also could have got the last plane home without the fear of missing out on anything because nothing was open. Yeah, it was like I think it was like eight hundred quid or something for the flights and ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. One of our really good friends, Josh Rognetta, he kind of gets the piss taken out of in our friend group. We have like our boys chat and then he's just our like really good friend from school that we've known for a long time. And he's like a really good person, but a shit friend, Like he just won't make much time for you. He studies physiotherapy at UNI, and he's just when he's in unimode, you can't like snap him out of it. Yeah, so we have to wait till like UNI break to spend time with him and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I actually think it's a really positive thing though, being able to address that sometimes you're a shit friend. I'm I would like to think I'm a really good friend. Like if my mate calls me at three am, I'm there. I'm one of those I feel like I'm on them people without blowing smoke at my house, but recently because work being busy, just life being busy and stuff, I just completely ignored two of his voice notes that he'd sent me. And it wasn't anything. He wasn't sending me anything serious or deep, but I ignored them. And I like genuinely never applied for like a week and a half because I'd gone away or something. And then he followed up saying, hey, mate, I feel like we sort of need to reconnect sort of thing. And I was like that wording is I read like back the conversation and saw me like airing the messages.
Speaker 1: I said, that is so fucking poor from me. Yeah, and I went and had a meet. I had a meeting.
Speaker 3: I went and had a coffee with him, not to chat about that because we needed to up anyway. Yeah, And I was just like Tim, bro, before we say anything, I want to address that I've been a ship friend and I'm sorry about that, and like, I don't want to be known as a ship friend. Yeah, because you know it's easy to just let things sleep with friendships.
Speaker 2: It is you need to put in effort for sure. And I think our friendship group was a little bit wayward for a couple of years. I felt like it's very easy to say no to like a night out of going to dinner. But then I reckon in the last sort of year year and a half, everyone's been switched on, and I think it's good to hold each other exactly because you need to put effort into your friendship for them to be good. And like, if you're a good friend, you'll get that back from your mass.
Speaker 3: It's important for mates to talk about that as well. I think boys don't like talk about that sort of stuff enough. Yeah, And I'm lucky that it was one of my best mates Ben and he and we're very open with each other, so like if he's struggling, or tell me.
Speaker 1: If I'm struggling, I'll tell him.
Speaker 3: And I think if you've got that with your like best mate, it's always it's always going to be valuable later down the.
Speaker 1: Line to have those tough conversations. Definitely. So yep, it's important that Back to Josh Rognetta, that's a great name by the way, Oh you know, it's great, and it's great to make fun of him too. That's something we've done on our show for the last maybe six months. Is we've made fun of him purely out of spite, like the fact that he can't make time for us. We'll just call him Flognetta. We'll call him weasel. Weasel is the best one because we we kind of we make this voice up, like my name's Josh, like a Weasily voice. Yeah, just a nice guy. No.
Speaker 2: We beg him to come on and he won't.
Speaker 1: He just won't. Why.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you think you're outed by the fans because you guys taking the piss out of him.
Speaker 1: Maybe I also think that he's just not that type of person to be in front of camera and he's a little bit like scared of what may happen.
Speaker 2: But he just wants to be a physio, like that's his goal. Yeah, yeah, he really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he's actually not really a football fan, right. He loves his AFL and he's actually a Geelong Cat supporter.
Speaker 2: So he's successful team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a great city of AFL.
Speaker 2: No, because Long have been around for like a very long time and then.
Speaker 1: Geelong I've been a top team for the last twenty years United yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but much better in recent history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, more consistently. Yeah, yeah, I heard they lost a lot of finals though.
Speaker 2: They did come short, like they would make Top four basically every year they want to. I think in two thousand and seven to twelve they wont about three Grand finals, right, and then in twenty twelve to twenty twenty two they must have played in six prelims which is the game before the Grand Final to get in. They lost, but then twenty twenty two they finally broke through and won.
Speaker 1: So basically consistent club. He has seen a lot of success in his life and we're jealous. Like the team that I support, Fremantle Dockers have never won a premiership. We've been around for thirty years. Yeah right, Dylan supports the Adelaide Crows. You haven't you haven't seen one.
Speaker 2: Can win it because the last one was ninety eight ninety.
Speaker 1: So we've been starved of success and the little Weasel has received a lot of success. Right now, we wanted to inject him into the Premier League world. He doesn't support a team, so we were thinking what's the best way of doing this. So what I like to do, especially in our friendship group, is bring out the spinny wheel. It's like wheel of names on the internet, right, I put every Premier League team down and we're going to do process of elimination excluded.
Speaker 2: He wanted the top four from last season excluded purely. He didn't want to like jump.
Speaker 1: On Yeah, right, So I was kind of hoping he got a kind of shit team, like an unknown ish type of team, like a Southampton, so I could you know, not them, Yeah, I could kind of bond with the fact that, you know, we're not glory hunters, we're not winning, so like it's kind of like an edgy thing to do. And then we got through, you know, all the way, all the way down to the bottom, and then he actually ended up with Chelsea. He's a Chelsea man. He's a Blue bloke, He's a Blue But I think it could have been worse though, But there was a few teams down the bottom that were there towards the end there and Everton and Everton was close.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't have been good.
Speaker 1: I actually, you know, I've always have had a soft spot for Everton. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, people are gonna lie because I don't like Liverpool as a club, right, Yeah, I think because Liverpool don't like Everton.
Speaker 1: I automatically liked Everton. Yeah, yeah, I feel that. Yeah, I just hate watching it. I would have actually liked him to support Everton, like, as I'm a Southampton supporter. Obviously we're relegation rivals. Okay, so we're going to struggle to stay up this year. I know that, and I was hoping that, you know, if he supported Everton, we could just go back and forth with Abuse throughout the season and hopefully I can come out on top. But he's got Chelsea obviously, yeah, potentially maybe, but now he's got usually come good. Like it's interesting, honestly, you don't.
Speaker 3: Know about this year because like last season, we look like a lost dog, lost puppy, and then we came right because of consistency and pots just sticking to it and everyone jelling with Portsch and then Potch leaves. Now it ground zero and we've signed about fifty more players. So it's like, I don't know where we're at. I think we're worst off.
Speaker 1: Right now currently. How do you think you went yesterday?
Speaker 3: I think we played okay, we didn't have again story of our life. We don't have anything in front of goal, Like it's almost like someone has just fucking cursed our club with this mineral lacking ability of shooting in front of goal, because on his day Nicholas Jackson could actually be a brilliant finisher, but he was just so shit yesterday. He had a big opportunity, fluffed it. Then obviously there was the off side, and then and Kunku was offside as well.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, who knows? It will take a while. Where do you reckon you'll finish true or head or heart both?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying my heart wants to say we'll finish top five, My head eighth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, which is fucking vismal, by the way, from the amount we spent.
Speaker 3: You know, when you saw them out many players, it will take ages to click. But I think our owners is just so stupid to think that we need instant success.
Speaker 1: I don't know they played the long game in its work they have. I actually saw a funny photo on Twitter yesterday and it was a pub board out the front of a club, a pub. Yeah, it was one hundred and fifteen chargess versus one hundred and fifteen players.
Speaker 3: That whole narrative is a bit forced though, the players thing because there's so many of them like Sky Sports did this thing where they showed excuse me, did our depth.
Speaker 1: It's like half the.
Speaker 3: Players will never touch the grass and stuff for a bridge, so why even refacing them? Like if you did that with Man City, it would be the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, bit of money farming. Like a lot of those young players are just going to be yeah, sent send away on loan. You know they'll get better and then you'll make money off you, like Muri Hutchinson. Yeah, but I guess that's the way that football is now. Yeah, that's how you make money if it's not being pumped into the club. Do you think City going to get charged? Like what's the consensus over here through social media?
Speaker 3: I'd never really like chat about it, to be fair, because it's like I feel like it's just a bit of a waste of energy people that get rolled up by City doing all this and that. I just think, like there's a reason they're doing so well. Yeah, and it's not the one hundred and fifteen charges, Like do you know what I mean? Like they are just a very good team. They've got the best coach in the world. Yes, I think if if they do get charged with them, I think it will be a it won't be a points deduction, it will be a massive, massive fine, yeah, I think. And then maybe some strip titles will be crazy would be with the Premier League title, I know.
Speaker 2: Even though you know the Man United Enemy we love that, but we actually had that in the AFL about ten years ago. Really, so the top individual awards called the brown Low Medal, so the best player the PFA and it's you know, the night of Nights in Australian sport really and an Essendon player, Joe bats and he won the Brownlow. A few years after that, it came out the club Essendon, who he played for at the time, had this drug scandal, right and a massive, massive amount of their team got banned for twelve months. The club doctors were I guess, not particularly honest about what they were giving the players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the players on, like the majority of them were unaware. No, and it was a really big deal. These performance enhancing drugs. I can't remember off the top of my head what name they were, but apparently they could make you just stronger and faster and all these things.
Speaker 2: And they took his his Brownlow got taken off him.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't even his decision.
Speaker 2: He was the second place, which was a tie. But see, I just I think that it should just be cancer. I agree because say he got the max max votes in the game's three votes, right, but if he's not playing in the game, it changes the whole, you know, like integrity of the voting.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think, for example, if United got that Premier League or all the teams that finished second in those years that city finished first, Yeah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't like to see the second place team win because I think.
Speaker 3: In that period we didn't come second in a period like that at all. So I think, yeah, I don't think we'd get any Premier League titles from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they wouldn't feel right. As a player, you put your heart and soul into it and you know that you weren't the actual winner or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be I don't think any fan would want that. No, imagine Liverpool clop having how many Premier League titles.
Speaker 2: And on a few too by a couple of points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy, that's insane.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of similarities between like the UK sport and Australian sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and culture as well. We've noticed just through our travels. We've only been here for four days or something. But you know, there's a lot of similarities.
Speaker 2: In the way people like Definitely Melbourne like vibes just aesthetically a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Shortch is very similar to Melbourne. Yeah, say like East London. But it cracks me up, man, how many.
Speaker 1: Australians are over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've heard a lot about that in so many area. I just mentioned it to us as an area where they all leave, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where Liam Dowling lives. Okay without doxing him, but yeah, it's a big area. So yeah, like Southwest London's clapping a lot of young people there.
Speaker 1: It's like good.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not it's not my cup of tea personally, because where I went to school. It's a bit of UK knowledge for you. So where I went to school, like the area if the UK that I went to is a place called Surrey. Yeah, very very meaned in a sense that it's full of posh people like, you know, white girls with a lot of money, all this.
Speaker 1: Sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Now in that area when you leave UNI often a lot of the people from Surrey all go to the same group of universities called the Russell Group unis, so you've got like Exeter, Manchester, Bristol, places like that, the top unions in the UK because they're all privately educated and they gone to the same UNI, so they all hang around the same people. Then when they leave UNI, having known everyone from their Russell Group UNI, they'll move to London and they'll always move to Clapham and Balum, these two like neighboring areas in southwest London, and therefore you'll then go on nights out and you'll see people that you've known or growing up. Now, I went to Bournemouth UNI, so my union wasn't as good as those, but from where I'm from, I would probably bump into a lot of people that, like I moved from Skaia.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think if you're moving to a new city, you want to meet new people and you don't really want to kind of constantly remind yourself of like what was there. Yeah almost, So I kind of don't understand when people choose to move to an area because they know lots of people there, unless you're moving from abroad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because I feel like you know, a big part of life is to experience different things, experience new people, yeah, and gain new life experiences rather than like sitting in the same spot with the same people, not the same spot, but like, yeah, moving with them.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you diversify like your knowledge of the world as well. Like when I went to Bournemouth UNI, I was around so many different people. Yeah, I was around so many like people I wouldn't have met if i'd like gone and hung around with the people that were from my area. Because the thing is, I always get joked about in the pod because I went to private school. But I never grew up in a family that could afford private school. So I was very very lucky that I was given scholarships and bursaries and stuff, so I was able to go to these schools. But therefore the people that I hung around with at the school were very different to my family in the sense that my mum's single mom, like you know, are very very fortunate in the privilege that I had around me in my life, Like a lot of the people around me, you know, were well off or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I never had that.
Speaker 3: Sort of real harsh reality of what some people go through because you don't necessarily you're not surrounded by those people who surrounded by a lot of privileged people. And as you get older, it's important to meet those people that do almost make you understand the world a bit better.
Speaker 1: Like born with UNI.
Speaker 3: So many of my like UNI mats and stuff, lived like crazy lives where you think, how have you even made it to UNI, Like fair fucking play to you, Like you've had the chips against you. And I think a lot of people just go through their whole life without even like clocking onto that. I think it's an important lesson to learn.
Speaker 1: Makes you appreciate things for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom was telling me once actually she so my granddad. It died when I was like three, but my granddad was very well off. He lost everything, but like before he lost everything, my mum obviously had a very good childhood, and she complained about something once in the house. I think it was maybe like her dinner or something along those lines. Complained and my granddad went to her right getting the car, got her in the car, didn't say anything, and he drove her to this really bad part of London. So where I've lived, it's not first like an arrow drive to London or whatever, drove it to this really bad part of London and said like, look around you. Do you realize how lucky you are?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: She didn't say anything else, and then from that point on, she says to me she never complained to him about anything like that again.
Speaker 1: But I think it's that that was for her. It was her lesson of like, always be grateful for what you have. It's a good lesson because imagine driving in the car and you don't know what's going on and you think, what the fuck is he gonna do? Exactly?
Speaker 3: And then I mean, I don't think it wasn't in a way like he's kidnapping, but like, yeah, it's sort of like, right, well, he's gone out of his way to prove this to me, and that when you're an impressionable kid, like those sorts of memories stick with you, don't they definitely?
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if I had any like life lessons like that at a young age. I probably did. But off the top of my head, what's it like in Perth then? Is it kind of like quite rural?
Speaker 2: It depends, really, I guess I don't think our CBD is as busy as other places in Australia. So like Melbourne City Center is very popular. People go there for all sorts of things. I don't think Perths like that. It's more people go there to work, and I think our suburbs are a little bit more lively.
Speaker 1: Right, So Perth actually is like a place that has a lot of sort of industry and stuff like that. Yeah. Yeah, well it's a where in Australia and general state really so up north is where a lot of the mining gets done and it provides Australia with a lot of money. Right now, we have things called fi fox workers, fly in fly out workers, so they'll work two weeks up in the mines and they come down and they get a week off, two weeks, one week off and it's just the cycle they do and they're paid quite well. But they're working twelve hour days for how many days a week, for fourteen days or thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty intense. So it's full on, Dylan, and I would probably never do it. I don't think we'd last, but I'd love to give it a go for like a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So when you when you do this, So I know someone that went out and did this it was like sleeping in a tent and everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah is it? Is it still mining? How I would know it? Back in this country. I think there's a lot of different jobs when you go up there. So you can go up to the mines, I wouldn't say they're all mining jobs. You can be a cleaner up there, you can do hospitality up there, and there's also some dirty jobs too.
Speaker 2: Like the entry level is the drillers offsider. So the driller is you know, they go underground and they're drilling through the mine to find the minerals, and then the off side is sort of cleaning up the rubble all day, right, Yeah, And I know a bloke who does that. He shows me the videos and they you know, underground there's and he's always like getting sick as well, because you know, the gases are getting getting released as well. And some people have a good like if you work for a good mining company, you're on a nice mind site, so you know, there's good food, there's you know, a gym, there's things to do. Other people can be out in the middle of nowhere. We also know someone like that. They are sharing like a little you know caravan four or five of them.
Speaker 3: Just when you when you say that it's up north, so I assume what you're saying is that northern part is fairly uninhabitable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so people just go there to work. Yeah, basically it's incredibly hot. So Western Australia in general, Perth's the most isolated city in.
Speaker 2: The world, major one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you look at the northern part of Western Australia is just hot all the time. So is that where Oolaru is. Yeah, but that's in the middle of Australia.
Speaker 2: Still, it's like it's really hot there. Again, not that many people live in that part of Australia, Like most of Australia's people live along the coast, yeah, you know, and southern as well, like Perth, Adelaide, even Melbourne is Sydney relatively south on the map.
Speaker 1: But ninety nine percent of our state would be rural. So like, yeah, where I live, I'm only thirty minutes from the city, but I have like a fair bit of land. There's kangaroos. Like it's a very typical Australian type of purchase, very laid back, like, oh, the lifestyle is great if you don't like the hustle and bustle of something. So there's a lot of people who like retiring there, so you got some older people. But then I think Perth is also getting better as the years go.
Speaker 2: They're trying to like the cities. There's lots of upgrades happening in our city at the moment, and they're you know, creating like Elizabeth Keysy's little harbor in the city that they're really doing up and there's lots of infrastructure at the moment, and.
Speaker 1: We're getting a lot more major events. So UFC the other day was in Perth. Wow, that's our second one. We had one two years ago. I think what's the timing on that? What time did it have to be?
Speaker 2: I would have started it started at three or four am here, so yeah, it was about midday in Perth, which it would start.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's mental how they just line up for the American American View issue.
Speaker 1: But yeah, see when they had it in.
Speaker 2: Manchester, didn't they fight like a ridiculous time.
Speaker 1: Leon Edwards fought like half five in the morning. Crazy was the fuck you're in the UK? It should be on the UK time.
Speaker 2: Because that's a really weird time to put them on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you were to do it at like let's say Main Card being at half ten eleven at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in what time would that be here? So seven seven hours ahead, so it'd be like three o'clock in the afternoon, in the afternoon here.
Speaker 3: I mean it should just be based on where the Yeah, but yeah, I guess basic for the American mind they do.
Speaker 1: They only gear it towards the American market.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's having a big night in Manchester today. Yeah, I'm sure there is London the best. Do you think it's the best city in England?
Speaker 1: What are you after? I don't know, because for me, quality of life.
Speaker 3: I've got a love hate relationship with with London giving you like a few love and a few hates and then some other cities you like. Yeah, I love the fact that London has everything to better my career and better my life from a young person's perspective, whether that be the infrastructure, the jobs available, all of that stuff. But the rat race of it is sometimes like insufferable. And but what I say by that is you have so many people. So let's say I'm twenty seven years old, ninety of my mates are all in London, Okay, they all have different jobs, they all to earn different amounts of money, they all work a different different amounts. So you've got friends, let's say, who are doctors, working disgusting hours, earning a third of what some mates who are working, let's say, a thirty hour week in a finance job where they're getting close to one hundred a year. And then you have people that are working, you know, a lot, on very shit money, and then everyone's in together in the melting pot of comparison of like I should be doing this, I can compare myself to that person, and that's the biggest negative for it. And I'm very much at the point now where I don't know how long I can stay in a city like that. I absolutely love London, don't get me wrong, and I would happily raise a family in certain areas of it because I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's just it is tiring, bro, It's a tiring places like that. And that's something that we've heard from a lot of people who live here, is that London can be your career. You know, there's a lot going on, but in the grand scheme of things, you might not be your happiest. No, I think I think on depression.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like my partner is, He's family are all from Bournemouth and that's where went to UNI, and like for me, it's got parts of it.
Speaker 1: They're a bit shit.
Speaker 3: But she's from an area called Southbourne, which is a kind of bit set back but still.
Speaker 1: Along the beach. It's just like everyone there, like her brother.
Speaker 3: When I go and see him, he just you know, goes to his run club on a Sunday, goes gets a coffee and then they'll just chill, you know, and they've just they just have an easy life and they have such a slow life. And I feel like when you're in London, you've got a job that's intense, you're constantly on this hamster wheel, and you're like, am I doing enough? Am I doing enough to live the life that I feel like I should have or the life that I compare myself to other people having. It's so it's such a hard balance to find.
Speaker 2: You can want to slow life.
Speaker 3: I will definitely, I will definitely want a slow life at some point. Like for me, I always joke about it, but I'd love to just like own a cafe on like the beach or like in the like a really quiet part. That's really cool. You can make it your own and then like make content out of it like that would be sick. Imagine like I see people who are like, oh, I've opened my dream place and this is what I've done it. They've made a whole career out of like capturing the content side of things, and like for me, obviously, I absolutely adore what I do for a job. I'm so lucky to work in the industry that I do. But you know, it's one of these things that you know, Karen Chip aren't gonna be doing this forever, so it's like after that, what's my next decision?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it won't be for a while. Yeah, yeah, I like that. That's pretty awesome. You should come to Perth one day. I want to see more of Australia. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We obversely, it didn't come to Perth last time. I Me and Me and Izzy always saying like she's never been, but she's like, I want to move to Australia. It's like you don't know it, you've never been there. Yeah, I actually have been there. I would move there, but I always.
Speaker 1: Think, why are Australians moving over here?
Speaker 2: Though? I think because we get bored of It's like the grass is always green. Now you want to live in a busiest city or for travel as wellhouly unless you're going to sort of Southeast Asia. Everywhere else is just twenty plus hours.
Speaker 1: And there's also a lot of Brits that don't like it here and move to Australia. Sure exactly, we're just all crossing over. Yeah. I think it's a little bit like what you were saying with the grass is always green up people, And look, I think we all get it at times, like you want to see what else is out there. You want to experience something else, because you can get mundane and boring what you're doing every day. And I think a lot of people want to move not for the sake of moving, but because they think it's way better in that place, and then they might go there, experience it for a few months and go I hate this, I want to go home. So you really is it, But you do have to try.
Speaker 2: You can make anything good depending on who you're with and what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I also think it's the same about the slow living thing, like you can live a slow life, but you can make it faster. So like as I said, like, say, if you were to start your own business, like a friend of mine literallys opened a cafe around the corner like next our office, which is so sick. But even him, he's living in London, he's around like busy people, but he's just running his own cafe, you know what I mean. And it's like I see that and go, that's someone that's had a dream. He's had the dream before and it's failed elsewhere, and now he's found the right thing after trying and trying and trying, and that is fast living because he's constantly trying to take a dream off the ground.
Speaker 1: But then it once it gets the point.
Speaker 3: Of being fast, it becomes slow again because you can slow it down to your knees, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that a bit.
Speaker 3: With with our job, we obviously like all trying to grow the platform as much as we can, particularly up Feathers Loaded. Now with you know, building that out as a brand, we're trying to now sort of think, right, what is the next phase of it when when we fully launched We have launched now, but what is next for that? So there's always loads of things like floating around.
Speaker 1: People's heads and all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I have really liked the idea that one day I don't want to raise kids around fast pace environment because I grew up in a slow pace environment. So yeah, I think it's important to grasp a slow on.
Speaker 1: Just on what you were saying about your friend who's opened that business, do you want to quickly plug it running Lake Coffee? But Mike Doxy office, but we're moving anyway, so fucking But yeah, running Lake Coffee. Shout out to Tom and Sean, good lads. And then just on that, I think owning your own thing and being your own boss allows you to dictate what speed you live life. Exactly, yeah, exactly. Yeah, if you're stuck in the rat race, as you call it, it can be just draining.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm in a bit of an advantage because I work in a creative area. So like everyople you like, yeah, of course, man, of course, I absolutely love everyone here.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I do, I do.
Speaker 3: No, that could get me in trouble, only joking, yeah, so yeah, digging the whole So cut, what was I saying? You're Yeah, because I'm around, because I'm around creative people, I feel like everyone's got that common ground of being like, right, we're here because we want to make that cool stuff, and you know, do that sort of fun work, Like you want work to be fun, and if your work's fun, you enjoy it more. But obviously work being fun doesn't necessarily mean that it's not like hard work. So I think a lot of everyone understands the kind of the give and take when we're all being creatives. But when you're watching from the outside, you don't necessarily think that.
Speaker 1: I imagine a lot of people look at the work we do and go, I've got life so easy. But it's just not like that.
Speaker 3: Everyone everyone works really hard and has a common interest of building something big. And when you all have that common interest of building something big, you then all as a result, put loads of work into it and it becomes hard work. So it starts off as something that's fun and you know, exciting, and it's hard work exciting and just like doing something that you love that you love doing. Almost Yeah, I feel like I've explained that horrifically, but you know what I mean, it's all good with you if you're read the right people that space.
Speaker 1: I want to ask this question, and I want two answers. I want what has been your proudest moment so far working for this company, and then what has been the proudest moment so far outside of work for you?
Speaker 3: Well, the outside of work one's easy. It's like when I propose to my partner, which is beautiful Cora. That for me was like my moment where I was like, what, I sounds really wanky, but I was very Fortunately. I met Izzy when I was sixteen, and we've stayed together for like almost ten years. And I think not a lot of people can say that they've done that relatively pain free. We've had the odd like weak break here and there, and you've just had an argument and stuff like that, because that's UNI, just like everyone goes through UNI having those struggles. But that for me is like, Wow, we've done it, we're here and we're happy, and like that for me was a big proud moment. Also like my family seeing that as well, also like this might be a bit too deep for this, but I literally got to.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: My grandma was always really fond of Izzy, and when she was alive and she passed away, and my last time I visited her, I was doing I was going to propose her maybe like a couple weeks later, and I told her, I was like, by the way, like I'm gonna, I'm gonna marry Izzy and she just like bear in mind, was didn't talk to me the whole time she was sleeping, eyes lit up, and she was like she basically just like grabbed my hand, and that for me, I was like, I was like, this is crazy because she didn't even fucking talk at that point. And then I was like that just I don't know, it just felt so right, you know what I mean. But like work related achievement, I think coming to Australia to see you boys was unreal and that was very early days. I think just improving myself as a manager as well, like obviously managing different people, like it's incredibly important. I think not a lot of people look at management skills as something important to have, but it is so important to have, and like they are the human beings that are going to you for guidance and advice, and I think if you can be a good manager, you can be a good person as well. So yeah, I was like trying to learn learn that and just sort of continuing trying to level up The podcast but yeah, I'd say probably come into Australia was a proud one because I saw the direct impact of what the pods have, what it can have on people, and obviously going to Ireland will be.
Speaker 1: A similar experience.
Speaker 3: Actual podcast why He's doing the Aaron ramser one was cool because I was like, I just moved into my new flat which I bought with Izy, and that same day I got the keys. We went and filmed that part and I was like, I've just interviewed a Premier League football I'm not interviewed, but done a podcast with a Premier League footballer and got the keys in my place, which is pretty sick.
Speaker 1: In the same special, that's.
Speaker 2: So cool talking about our things you've been doing. You've been on the running grind since we met you. How did you get into that? Take us just quickly. Congratulations, you're looking phenomena.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely I always have this mad body this morning. I was always thinking I can get but yeah, no, it's been good. I've I actually started when I was in third year of UNI. I had like one of these mini little changeover spells. I was like February twenty No twenty nineteen and I was on a really shit bit of work experience, and I was just like, I'm boor I need to do something, And I sung up for a half marathon there. That was my first one i'd done. But then obviously between their left UNI Covid got really fat over Covid I think. I think in the second lockdown, I was having like two three Chinese as a week.
Speaker 1: But yeah, anyway, and then Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just picked it back up when I had done all this like gym stuff, but I was like, I don't really enjoy going to the gym that much, so I was just like, I'll pick back the running. Yeah, and got easy into it and then just sort of always I know that I can sort of push myself of it and be good at it, so I just keep keep doing it.
Speaker 1: I've been loving the running vlogs too, like it gives more of like a I guess, a personal element to running, and like you look at I guess athlete influencers and stuff like that. Yeah, and a lot of them are just like, fucking do this, fucking do that. I'm so good, I'm so good at this whatever whatever, if you do this, you'll be like me, You'll look like me. But you're more authentic with how I do it.
Speaker 3: I feel like if you're gonna, if you're gonna share content like that, you shouldn't try and not be yourself. Like obviously I try and make my content look good, like you're always gonna try and edit it in a way that makes it look cool.
Speaker 1: But like I'm yeah, I was just trying be somewhat relatable, I guess. And you've built a community on people that enjoy.
Speaker 3: Made little broadcast channel, which is sick. It's so funny though. The Internet is just a funny place, like I find nice.
Speaker 1: My hate. The hate that I get goes in real cycles. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: So like one month I'll be like getting mad love and the next everyone's like, fuck this guy. I hate the fact that he's like he's got an ego. People think that whenever if I'm talking more, I've got an ego. So like if I talk Loads in an episode, they're like, oh, he's making it about him. It's like, well, no, funny enough. I just Chip wasn't there, so I had to do a public cow where I had to speak to him Loads. So sorry, lads can't really do much fromout. It's a funny one.
Speaker 1: What are some of the worst hate comments you've received. I'm gonna read this one.
Speaker 3: Because I sent it to one of my mates who's like really good at finding people and like he can find their like backstory. So I was like, I was gonna make it's going to make a TikTok out of this because I she I found it hilarious as starts because it's such a fucking weird message. But I was also going to like try and like find this guy to like just out him on social media just because A I think it would have banged and be like he deserves to be out of for this, so hugo. It was a It was a TikTok message request, okay, which is a rare one to get.
Speaker 1: I don't delve into those often because it can be fucking scary. I never really get them.
Speaker 3: On TikTok's affair my community on TikTok's very weird, Like I posted like a wholesome video like that being together with Izzy since I was sixteen, and literally like the first comment was just negative.
Speaker 1: I was just like, right, well, this is the audience ONNG I have on here, do you know what I mean? And that's it.
Speaker 3: Instagram's at Nicer Proddy. From the bottom of my heart, I think I will batter the fuck out of you and may and maintain a full blown boner. However, you seem like a niky bloke I'd love to meet.
Speaker 1: Go fuck yourself. So there's a lot to unpackage.
Speaker 3: I have something going on in dep He just kept going, so he said it's first he wants to from the bottom of his heart, so he truly means it.
Speaker 1: He would batter me fine. Normally people say from the bottom of my heart, and then it is something positive. Sneaky bloke. Does that mean like a flog or something? Niaky bloke means like you're just like a loser. That's one we can use for josh Ronni You're essentially saying like it's God, okay, yeah, describe it, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like them sort of hate comments crack me up. I think the main one that I like that bothers me a bit. I guess bothers me because I don't want to give them airtime. But it's when people are thinking I'm doing something from a bad place. So it's like, I obviously don't care what you think because realistically, like that's fine. The only people that really matter is Cow and Chip in this situation. Like if they would say to me you're doing something wrong, like do it differently, I'd be like cool, whatever. But it's when there's people that are going out of their way to tell you how much they think you're doing a bad job. It's like, there's not many things you get back in this world, like from this internet stuff.
Speaker 1: A lot of it is.
Speaker 3: Positive feedback in terms of that's the stuff that really makes it tick. If we're getting positive feedback about things, that's what makes you feel better about a situation. That what makes you feel like you're doing a good job. But when it's like people who are genuinely going out of their way to give you negative feedback, it's very disheartening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's something we speak about this a lot. I don't understand if you dislike the content personally, I just don't interact with it, so I never understand the negative comment on it.
Speaker 1: And the more you interact with content, the more the algorithm goes like this person, So then you're going to see that person you dislike more and more.
Speaker 3: When we had ab on, have you guys seen ab the English lad. So I had him on broadcast and he was talking about like bad TikTok content, how that always does well, And it's almost, like he described it, it's like a car crash.
Speaker 1: You see a car crash. Yeah, don't want to look away. You are just going to keep looking at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's like, why would you why would you want to make good content if that's the stuff that's doing well. I mean, I always want to make good content. I've said this to cal before, like I'll always want to do stuff that's giving value to someone. Like that's if I'm if I'm doing something it's doing badly, but I know it's giving people value. I'd much rather do that than something that's just feels disingenuous, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But we know what we do affects people in a positive way. Some people, you know, if you get fucked over and who's punching whatever? Whatever? Yeah, we'll talk about that in a second, because we have some horror stories about some submissions and the way people have handled being on the internet. Actually the fu, let's do it right now. So who's punching something? We We actually had sent in a very long time ago from someone that listened to the show, right. It wasn't actually our idea idea. Originally one of our listeners centered in and said this would be cool. We think you'd be good at this, Okay, So then we trialed it and we put our own spin on what they said, right, so we had the photos. Everyone knows how it works, right, So we did it, and then the first few on TikTok went Crazy went really well, and then people started to get frustrated when we said that they are punching right, and just I want to add that it's an entertainment thing and it always has been. It's always been We've always taken the piss and we want to show everyone. You know, we can like have fun with our listeners anyway, So sometimes we'll do it. People won't like the reaction, and then they'll email us and say, hey, can you take it down? And we were very good with doing that. The first view.
Speaker 2: We took it down because it's like understandable, maybe you didn't realize how many people would see it, or you know, they're getting criticism for the first time of their life or something, even though they did ask for it, right, And then we're like, okay, we gave them the benefit of the doubt. Let's try and make it a little bit more professional. So then we were like, okay, we'll create an email for it. So you send it into the email you and then we send you back a consent form, right, so we get both of the people to sign it. Because a lot of the early ones, you know, the bloke would be like, oh my wife, like she really hated that video, can you please take that?
Speaker 1: There was actually a marriage that broke down because of it.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, so then we have to private the video.
Speaker 1: So you broke up a marriage from whose they know, we didn't break them up.
Speaker 2: They couldn't handle what we said, Yeah, And I don't think I think it's more they can't handle what the public say exactly.
Speaker 1: Sometimes like we're pretty I think we're pretty good about it in the fact that we're not trying to offend the people that are involved. We're trying to entertain our audience, right, So we do that. And then we had a few especially this this married couple, so they were freshly married and they actually sent in photos of them on their wedding day. You never want to be told anything on your wedding day in a negative way. That was brave of them. Yeah, very brave of them. And like, I think the big thing that I've found out through doing it is that people who submit these things quite often don't understand how hateful the internet is until it's turned on you. Yeah. So A Dylan has this quote, He's like, people don't know what they are, So like people don't know how they're viewed in the world. They have a view of themselves, right, I kind of get you, Yeah, I kind of get you beg for it.
Speaker 2: Like we have people who maybe will email seven times, get picked and then be like, oh, what the hell I'm thinking, Like, but you've like begged for this.
Speaker 1: It's weird. I don't know. I think with that whole perception thing, I completely get you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But all I will say is sometimes people have some sort of character online. Let's say so for example, and now this is not me, this is not me just making it about myself here. But if someone will say to me he's got such an ego, I know for a fact that I don't have an ego, and my friends know that I don't have an ego because I've never been someone to like hold myself into that high regard to that level. But like that sort of comment when you know it's not true and then someone's kind of just pied pipering in the comments essentially, I can see how that would be frustrating. But when it's just like a normal, like non creator, let's say, who sent these pictures in there, I can kind of potentially see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Now, the reason we brought the consent form in is to say, okay, you two have both agreed to be involved. And then there's also the fact that we have boxes that you tick saying there is a high chance that you will be judged for entertainment purposes. This is for people to laugh at y right now. These people go through that stage and then I think that some of them are just so excited to be featured that any public perception and the public's views get thrown out the window. And then once it hits them, then they're in shock. And we've received so many hate comments, We've had videos that have you know, we might regret posting, and that's just part of the business, right of course, you want to be authentic. So they're going to make these exactly and when you make those mistakes, it does have an effect, right, So, like you can be rattled and like there's been times where I've struggled to go to bed because I'm like, oh, fuck, that didn't come across well, or that hate comment. You know, it actually does hurt and all these things. But at the end of the day, it's not that deep.
Speaker 2: No, But I also majority of couples are very good with it. You know, we're talking about ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think the ultimate thing is like you're lying if you say you hate comment doesn't bother you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it just has to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a human being getting told something by someone who you don't know, who's gone out of their way to put energy into a keyboard to say something nasty about.
Speaker 2: It's always, you know, ten followed account.
Speaker 3: Always it's obvious. But as you said, that's the kind of like troll culture that we have in the world. I've personally, I've never left a hate comment on anyone's video unless they are being an absolute cunt. I think that I'm allowed to say unless there's being an absolute prick and they've just like basically outed themselves as like a very nasty person.
Speaker 1: I've never cooled someone out online or anything like that. Well, there's no benefit in doing it. It's net negative. Yeah, interesting one. Yeah, well, like we're pretty lucky, like in general, we've learnt how to deal with them because we've been doing it.
Speaker 2: For so long, saying things the right way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also think this is something that I'm really keen on, which I'm so I'm so buzzing that I've done managed to do on Instagram, which has been great. I've managed to create curate, how you say the word. My following on Instagram is so like positive for me. They're engaged with the stuff that I'm doing and they like you know that, you know, the bettering my self content and posting out fitness and.
Speaker 2: The positive community exactly.
Speaker 3: Whereas if you go on to TikTok, I get a lot of people just you they follow based off like a viral video, or they'll follow based off the fact that, like, you know, I work with YouTubers that they watch, and then I'll do something that represents me as a person because I can't lie. I have no interest in being known for someone be provocative. You know, I may say the odd stupid thing on the pod, like, but that's just for me because I'm always been like that with my mates. I'll always say dumb shit in the group chat, like that's a weird take or something like that. That's just that's just the way it is. So I'm not changing myself like that. But yeah, you're you're you're putting content out there and you're like, right, well, this is the content I want to make. When it's not received, well, it's just like it's just disheartening in.
Speaker 1: It it is. Yeah, I think receiving hate comments as well is so unnatural for a human to receive like normally, you know, you go back one hundred years, it was all face to face. Thirty years it was all faces intent to hit them with a boulder, ye, Like in person, it's never really to that extent, you know, a negative comment. Yeah. I wonder what a person who's like born to be a troll would have been like that in the fifties when they're like yeah, because like.
Speaker 2: They had interestinct.
Speaker 3: Human instinct to hate on something obviously is amplified by social media and has probably got more you know, as I said, like pie pipers along the route with it because of the amplification on social.
Speaker 2: Media, and you get to be a part of the community, like you find others who hate the same.
Speaker 3: But to have that personality trait where you're going to go out of your way and provide some with like a negative thing, that's something that wouldn't have just been developed since the social media age.
Speaker 1: People will have that in their human instinct. So, like, what are they? What do they do?
Speaker 2: I think it was it would probably be male like letters hate letters.
Speaker 1: If we're going back hundreds and hundreds of years, I'm thinking they're just like the gossipers of the town. Yeah, the ship talkers. They like, oh did you see so and so did that? Like I reckon they were just the ship talking gossipers. Yeah, no, for sure, that's crazy. Here's a question. We went to the pub with Rufus after we recorded with him, and we're having a little chat about what is the worst way to die? Right now, you've probably had thisscussion before. However, we had a few different takes at the table, so I just want you to have a little think what would be the worst way to die? I think.
Speaker 3: Drowning, but not the actual drowning casts because apparently when you drown it's very like peaceful way to go, but the moment where you realize I'm fucked here and getting out. But I think, without question, the worst way to die would be getting stuck in a cave. Yeah, like you know those people that those caves, because there's no way you're just slowly dying.
Speaker 1: What you said, one, getting burnt alive would be crazy, It wouldn't be good. No, nah, that sensation. But I think it be a lot quicker than getting stuck in a case suffocating.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I was thinking like shark attack and stuff, but it could be quick. But when it happens, right, let's say a great takes half your body, you're in so much shock sometimes you don't even know what you've bled out instantly as well, or you look down you've lost half your body and you actually can't feel the pain.
Speaker 3: No, such, I think it will be almost painless. That's an awesome way to die, and I think that's quite cool to like be. No, like, if you're going to die, to be killed by sharks, pretty sick way to go. Yeah, like you are known as the guy that was killed by a sharks.
Speaker 2: Like nature took you out. But yeah, it's pretty gangs.
Speaker 3: But also as well, I do have sympathy in some respect when it's like, you know, you're scubad eyking or something, but you are in their territory.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love sharks. I used to have such a fascination. Have you ever swam with them? No, it's I would love to cage dive. Yeah, absolutely love to do that. You could do that in Australia. Yeah, we have a lot of sharks. Is it with Sundays around that?
Speaker 2: No, it's apparently I've never been to the Sundays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, elite. What's the most crocky area nor Yeah, yeah, northeast. There's a place called Cans. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cans is a beautiful place. It's a tropical because it's closer to the equator than a lot of the other parts of Australia. So tropical environment, beautiful beaches, trees, but they have river crocodiles and they have saltwater crocodiles too, like longer noses and stuff, haven't they honestly no idea, Like we actually haven't had much experience except this was one the wild crop I have. They're not in I haven't candle Like, what's the most you've seen? Because when we saw no snakes as spiders. Well, that's the thing. Australia gets a really bad wrap for the animals and like how dangerous and scary they are, but you don't actually come into contact with them much at all.
Speaker 2: Like we've I've seen a snake or two at his house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like crazy because I'm a bit more rural, Like you'll get a few snakes, but I reckon in my twenty four years of living at the house, I do. I've probably seen seven snakes in twenty four years.
Speaker 2: Scary thing of the other magpies that Yeah, during it it's called swooping season.
Speaker 1: Just a little black and white birds.
Speaker 2: They come down in Australia and they go at you. It's really it's horrific.
Speaker 1: Is that is that when they try and neck your jewelry and that they're trying to like take your.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's the scariest. It's one of the scariest things ever.
Speaker 1: That's actually that's the scariest animal in Australia.
Speaker 2: For fact, that's because you're not going to really come across the crocodile in day to day life ever in any of the major cities unless you're up.
Speaker 1: No austral Americans have it worse with crocs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they have way more variety of dangerous animals that they could come into contact with.
Speaker 1: I wonder why, like what came about for Australia to have the negative I guess our insects, but black widows and that. Yeah, but again, but I don't know if I've ever seen one like we've we've got what are the big ones, like the huntsmen again, huntsmen spiders are pretty harmless, but they're quite a.
Speaker 2: Bit small ones that are the dangerous ones anyway.
Speaker 1: With spiders, guys, ever seen or been on the beach when there's been a shock like flag? Yeah? Yeah, And have you know anyone who's come close to a shock?
Speaker 2: I don't know anyone personally. Obviously every summer like maybe one to three attacks happen, but people don't People don't die, though sometimes they do, like last year maybe was it one or two? I think that girl died last year in like our river. So but it's still yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: Like one, there'd be a couple of year or something like that. It's not a really really bad issue. And like you said, you're going into their territory. Yeah, on the West coast of Australia. The amount of sharks is incredible. Like, I've got this shark app called Dorsal Right, fuck, no free promotion, but Dorsal it shows every single shark sighting on the West Coast or actually on any coast. Right. I don't go to the beach too often. I don't live close to the beach. I'm not even really interested in sharks, but I just find it fascinating knowing where they are, right because they're all tagged ones, aren't they Yeah, yeah, Or they might be untagged ones that have just been sighted and then you can log it on the app. Right, So there are hundreds and hundreds at a time. So you're on the app and you're like, oh, there's a shark at pretty much every beach, but it's very well monitored. Yeah, and the chances of them attacking you is probably quite slim. I'm going to download that up because that sounds so sicky and awful. I think there's a few apps like that as well. But yeah, No, the wildlife in Australia is pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very Yeah, the variety is elite. It's just the danger of it is overblown for sure. Yeah, particularly when you're in the cities, and like you said, the scariest and most dangerous things are often the smallest. Yeah, so, or they're not necessarily scary, but they are the most dangerous. So you've got a lot of these spiders that are extremely venomous, like this tool, and they just have like white on their back or like red on their back, and that just means danger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something looks just a bit colorful. I remember when I was in I would have been maybe nine years old, and I was at school and one of my best friend's mum came to school with her whole arm like inflamed and covered like wrapped in glad wrap or something like that, and she was bitten by a red back spider. And that's a black widow, isn't it.
Speaker 3: No, the red I always thought the red back and were the same because he's just not a name, Rick Scott red Back.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I wouldn't know, but yeah, she was bitten by one and was affected for like a month. Yeah, so I don't know. I've been pretty lucky, especially living in an area where there's lots.
Speaker 2: Of animals, but in Australia, like if you get bitten by anything, you won't die unless you're like in the real middle happened to any sort of hospital.
Speaker 1: GP And jellyfish, Actually they're really dangerous jellyfish. They are the most pointless creatures, jellyfish at the beach, blue bottles. Yet what do they do? How do they what do they eat and stuff like? I don't know, but they are honestly the most fucking pointless thing in the world. Actually, let's go through the most pointless animals, like ones that just shouldn't like there. I really hate ants, but apparently they are massive for the world, Like they do things in Australia. Yeah, definitely, they do things underground. I'm not sure we'll have to get a scientist to fucking help, but like someone someone, the ant community underground do a lot for the world apparently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't know, honestly, trying to think of other really pointless things. I mean, as we say, caving the great thing about it, you don't have to do it. Yeah, well then people die doing it.
Speaker 1: Skydiving too, No skydiving, I can see skydiving safe. Like rock climbing.
Speaker 2: I get the thrill, the like the feeling of achievement when you get to the top. Yeah, caving just like going down base jumping.
Speaker 1: What the fucky?
Speaker 2: I love watching those videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like watching the video, so I guess that provides me entertainment. But yeah, your metatareandalm Rush must be insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've had a skydiving voucher for a birthday for about four years. I want to do it with someone like it was a good present, like Mum spent a lot of money on it, and you can buy it for someone and is it not got any date? I just keep extending it like for no extra cost. Oh nice. Yeah, so I had it since I was like nineteen. It's been five years.
Speaker 2: For grace, you guys can do it together.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want to do it. Yeah yeah, maybe would you do it?
Speaker 2: Possibly? I'm open to it.
Speaker 1: Pop some money trying to get some other pointless things and not do it right pointless things in life, like or just pointless, just like the Pointless Things podcast. Yeah yeah, well I don't.
Speaker 2: I think paying for parking I just hate it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean that is just in especially That's one thing that's a little bit different, especially like for people who live in London, is you're always catching the tube or you're on the train, so like you're not having to drive around as much. In Perth public transport system is average, so like most people have cars and are driving. Yeah. Well, one thing that Lewis always says. I do not agree with this.
Speaker 3: He thinks fire alarms are pointless. Fire alarms, Yeah, because he said, you never hear a fire alarm when there's an actual fire, and when you hear the fire alarm for a fire, probably is going to be too late.
Speaker 1: How many has he experienced? I said, you've never experienced a fire.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, I know. That's why fire alarms are pointless. I think he also claimed that crash helmets, for the same logic, are pointless because like you only need one when you crash, and you when you crash, you're probably not going to survive it or something like that.
Speaker 1: He's just a fucking idiot.
Speaker 3: I was like, you're just literally answering your own question, Like the helmet is needed when you crash because you're probably going to survive if you're wearing a helmet.
Speaker 2: That is what fire alarms are pointless. I've never heard that before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, question, both of you you're in a long term relationships, either of you going to pop the question soon.
Speaker 1: We can't expose that on the podcast. I can tell me how long you've been with them for.
Speaker 2: I've been like seven years.
Speaker 1: Seven years yeah, just over three okay yeah right fuck yeah, I mean getting on a bit, getting on a bit, yeah, in no rush.
Speaker 2: However, in the mind, yes, yeah, one hundred percent, Like I'm definitely said on it.
Speaker 1: In my mind. Yeah, in my mind. It's an exciting thing to think about because it like, I still feel like a kid, but we are growing up. Yeah, what are you guys? I'm twenty four, twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, I'm definitely like a full adult now.
Speaker 1: I just feel eighteen.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know when I'm going to feel like a proper adult.
Speaker 1: I think there was an author or someone that had a quote, and I don't remember it exactly, but it was like, you always feel like a child, even when you're an adult, Like you're like you've always got that inner child.
Speaker 2: Do you feel twenty seven or what you do? You feel what you thought twenty seven would be when you're like eighteen. That's what I don't understand.
Speaker 3: When you're like fifteen years old and you think of a twenty seven year old, I think someone seems so old. I think of someone to have it all together, gening, you've got kids, like lives like a four bedroom house. Yes, like not the thing is as well. I think UNI extends youth for bit. No, did you guys go to UNI?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, at the moment, I switched courses. I just do it like part time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just went for a year. I did exercise sports science. Didn't really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Started this nice but uniculture and perts like you don't live there. We talked about that with Rufous, like go to one near your house, you drive there.
Speaker 1: He was talking about university in England and the fact that there's a fair bit of social life, like you can go out with your people from UNI, and I suppose you can in Perth, but it's just not the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah with the thing, So just saying UNI extends your childhood so much. Yeah, you still feel like kid at UNI.
Speaker 1: You just can drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm making correct decisions. That's literally the only difference. But yeah, high school would have been better if it was a bit more like that. Yeah, we loved our time though.
Speaker 1: Yeah high school was good. Yeah seven years ago. That's horrible to think you're probably get close to ten year anniversary this December.
Speaker 2: Well ten years since you graduated, right close will be?
Speaker 1: It will be next summer. Okay, yeah, okay, have you got a reunion planned or you think they will be?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't really speak too many people from my college because, like, my college was like one that had people from all all over the country. It was boarding, you know, I was like a local kid. But yeah, I'm most my mates for like all friends from my area that I kind of knew outside of school, or like ones that I met when I was like at young school and then we just stayed friends, do you know what I'm saying. And then obviously good group of mates from UNI as well, so there's a mixture of those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I've got two more questions for you. One is, what are some more what are some things that we can say while we're here. We've got a few more days left. Okay, right, how are you guys foodies? Yeah? A little bit.
Speaker 3: What's your kind of because if I want to make some recommendations, I want to know what sort of food you like first.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty open to be fair, Like I would say my favorite cuisine is probably like tire food in general. I like Italian, but a really good.
Speaker 3: Tie and I was caught but okay, now you might share your head at this. Obviously my partner she's vegan. Ye, there's a vegan China in ols Vegan tie in ELL's Court, this lovely little family rung place. I'm trying to remember the exact name of it.
Speaker 1: I can't remember it.
Speaker 3: But if you type in vegan tye Elle's Court, anything but okay, non vegan, that's that's just the Elle's Court show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give us anything, any I believe strongly.
Speaker 3: The best burger in London is a place called the Plimpseul which is in Finsbury Park and it is I think an eleven pound nine or eleven pound burger.
Speaker 1: Comes on its own.
Speaker 3: They don't do French fries or anything, but they have loads of small plates so you can get like their crispy potatoes as a side. They also do like sides of like sausages, things like that. It's a really nice pub, great guinness as well. Yeah, that is the best burger I've had in London, closely followed by Supermanova in Soho. I thought it was pretty good. So if you like you smash Burgers go there.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 3: I talked about this on the pod. I think, honestly the best part of London is the food and like alcohol culture and stuff like that. There's so many great food and drink spots around. Tomorrow night, we're catching up with someone who we haven't seen a very long time. So we never met this person, but we've known this person from a time. So she's from Australia and she's actually living over here. Now, where is somewhere that we could catch up with her? Like, is there one of your favorite pub drinks? Dinner and drinks?
Speaker 1: I reckon go to this place that I said, well, I do what part along? Is this the typeost? No, the plim soul.
Speaker 3: She lives, but the soul, honestly, it's unreal. Put it's very hyped. So you should be on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Have you boys been there before? No? No, it's very very hyped. Very I think Liam might have because Liam lives in that area. But yeah, so like that, that's that's really good.
Speaker 3: There's also some like great other pubs as well, Like one that I really like is uh There's You've got the Faltering fall Back if you want like a nice outside drink that's in that sort of air.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: There's you guys are kind of a different side of London to where Earl's Court is kind of there Stamford Bridge though, yeah it is. Yeah, So there's trying to think of the pubs that Hollywood Arms is really nice.
Speaker 1: Been there, been there? Oh you can go to James Blunts Pub, Fox and Pheasant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really nice and it's like really old school, really great food apparently as well. I've not eaten. They're just drunk there. Yeah, that's that's supposed to be good. Trying to think about other places that I've been in West London. They rarely venture that side of London. I can't okay, I'll only ever go for a Chelsea game really, but yeah, things to do, I mean, I personally believe the nicest park in London this place called Clissold Park. But again it's just a park in it it's just the way I have good grass though, because yeah it does. We went to Hyde Park, yes, Brown bro yeah bit Ship. Hyde Park is Ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. I'm trying to think of other things to do. I'm kind of on the spot, you know with that. That's all right, you can send us a message, yeah, yeah, if anything comes to mind. But yeah, there's lots of good coffee spots, lots of good food spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever played paddle? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I actually I've never played it, but everybody taken open up everywhere now and they've just open paddle everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should we do that tomorrow morning? You can do that activity. I love paddle. Yeah. London's a weird one, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Like if you wanted to go and have like, you know, the classic experience of going for a curry on brick lay and you could do that and that would be great, or like, you know, if you wanted to be really.
Speaker 1: Touristy, like you can also do that. It's just I don't know, It's it's kind of hard.
Speaker 2: To such a massive it's really.
Speaker 1: So many different people. So I guess if you really wanted to, you can find whatever you're after. Yeah, no, absolutely, yeah, yeah all right. Last question of the show. We asked all our guests this question, how would you like to be remembered?
Speaker 3: So I want I want to be remembered by being just a nice bloke. Yeah, but also doing the content I'm making is making an impact on someone's life. Let's say, whether it be through the podcast, getting more insightful people on you know, whether it be through my own content, inspiring people to like, you know, make a little change or something like that, even if it's nothing, not a big change, it's a little change, you know what I'm saying. And then yeah, just I want to hopefully eventually be a good dad. I guess as deep as that sounds, that's beautiful. I just want to but yeah, like you know, give give like a life to another person.
Speaker 2: From Rufus, he said he wanted to outdo William Shakespeare.
Speaker 3: Quite honestly, Bro, I don't like, I don't really have too many kind of like I want to start this, this and this. I feel like just roll with the punches in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. I love that. Like you said, nice humble answer. I appreciate you for giving us the time. No, it's a pleasure being Thank you so much. Thanks really appreciate it. Actually you had a lot of people asking for you as well.
Speaker 2: Really, one of our friends from Perth, he's a creative Jersey and he met you when he was a yeah, a festival.
Speaker 3: He told us, Oh, my god, yes, and he was like Glas. He come up to me and he was like yeah. I was like, Australian. He's like yeah, and then I think he mentioned you boys that ringsmall world.
Speaker 1: Yeah sick. Now, it's sick what you guys are doing also as well. I love Assie's the best class. Thanks. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I need to tell you this because I think your your Australian fans will love this. A friend of mine's dad identifies as an Australian.
Speaker 2: Identifies as an Australian.
Speaker 3: Yes, so he he's English. He's from Kent, but he believes he's an Englishman. He's an Australian born in an English and genuinely believed. He genuinely believes it does his act does he act? Know what he'll do is he'll never support England in sports. He'll only ever support Australia in sports. So if it's the Ashes, obviously his son my mate is supporting England and they'll have a rivalry in the house and like he'll fully like back Ossie's if Ozzie's winning, he's in his son's face all this sort of stuff, and he'll wear like he's never been to Australia as well, that he's never been to Australia and he just believes he's in Australia, fully believes Australian. And now I thought that he was playing on because my mate told that group chat and he knows that we will find it hilarious. But it's been like this for years that he's done this for for his whole childhood. He has to develop the accent or something. He has to, like he puts the accent on me.
Speaker 2: Or that.
Speaker 3: I think it's so it's so toxic, but it's so funny, Like he'll bowl around one of those stereotypical hats when he's doing his barber years and stuff.
Speaker 1: I've never even put one of those on. He's a funny guy. But yeah, mental how little ones. To end of that, thank you once again, we appreciate you very much, and yeah, we'll see you guys next episode. Cheers,