Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island of people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land ladies first. So basically, I welcome to close friends everyone. I have been struggled on struggle Street this week and I wanted to bring up this conversation, which is a bit weird to talk about. And I don't know how we're going to navigate this because obviously we can't give too much away here. But I've been on struggle Street this week because I was locked out of my Instagram earlier this week and it asked me to log back in and I went, holy fucking shit, what is my Instagram password? And that I thought about it and I went, I don't know my TikTok password. I couldn't tell you my YouTube past, I couldn't tell you my Netflix builgiin, I couldn't. I couldn't tell you like any of my passwords ever, And it really shook me, and I was like, does anyone else have this issue or does it just me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm right there with you, Matt. I hate passwords. I fucking hate them, especially so I've got all the same passwords as you. But then we've got a business, Then we've got Shopify, Then every single one of our employees has their own Shopify log in. Then we have a billion other accounts like Australia Posts, fucking this, that and the other. We forget passwords every day, and the steps that you have to go through to get the fucking password back or reset it is too much. And now I know you hate like AI and all that, but honestly, at some stage, can we just get rid of passwords and it's a fucking fingerprint or an eyeball for everything, like I don't. And just the fact that every password has different criteria. It must contain upper case, lower case and symbol and punctuation.
Speaker 2: Weelve characters, eight characters, ten characters, So every single password is different.
Speaker 1: And it's just different variations of the same password.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and some of them I make real tricky to you know, figure out with changing changing the E two A three or something like that, and then other ones I don't have to do that, so I don't and like, honestly, like if I died and someone needed to log into my cat, good fucking luck, because I obviously don't have them like written down anywhere. And then sometimes as well, I've gotten lazy when I just sign up to like random sites or sites that I don't think i'll use much, and you know how Apple will suggest a password and it will just be like forty random numbers and symbols that don't make sense at all, and I just go, yeah, I just use use strong password, and then it saves. Because I think that's the problem, is like because it auto saves all the time. And then when I tried to log into my Instagram, auto save wasn't an option. I think it's because it so long ago I had logged in and never locked out that that maybe wasn't an option. Like saving the password wasn't an option.
Speaker 1: I tell you what I hate too, When you're like trying to log in, You've tried to log in six times and it's like locked you out. It's like too many failed attempts, check your email to reset password. Then you go to reset the password and it's like, can't use previous past password. It's like, but I tried that, but yeah, like, what the fuck it wouldn't let me.
Speaker 2: And then also when you change the password and you're like, I've just changed it. I've even done the little eye thing, so I've looked at how it's I know it's correct, and then it's changed and you go log in and it says wrong password.
Speaker 3: I hate it. I hate passwords.
Speaker 2: I do love two factor authentication, though I do love that you know it can send me a text makb. I love that.
Speaker 1: I hate two factor authentication. You just got a code to your two factor authentication app. It's like, what fucking app? And this happens in our workplace on a weekly basis. And then in the group chat did someone get a code? And I'm like, okay, first of all, to where what was the mobile number ending in?
Speaker 3: Or email?
Speaker 1: Oh that wasn't that, It was authenticator app? What authenticator app?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: And then you have to.
Speaker 1: Fucking call shopify and be like I can't get into my own fucking website.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 1: There needs to be a company that comes in and just makes passwords simplified.
Speaker 3: For every platform in the world.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And I'm all for take my fucking eyeball take my fingerprint.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: If I can just look at the device and log in, I'd be happy. I'd be happy to never remember a password ever again.
Speaker 2: The other thing as well, is do you use zero for your business? Right? I use zero as well? Love zero, shout out to zero, love you. But they used to do. You would log in and it would authenticate the log in for thirty days, and now it's every twenty four hours, resets every day. I've got to go on the authenticator app and put in the code to prove that it's me. There's no like remember this browser or anything like that. I can't. I can't even figure out yeah, and it's not like I can. I mean maybe you can, but I can't move money around in my zero Like in zero, I can't transfer money right yeah, or you can if you can, I don't know how. But I'm like, why do I have to authenticate? All I'm doing is it's just my invoices and me bank statements, Like it's not like they're logging into my bank cap and being able to go. I'll just transfer all the money out of the account.
Speaker 1: Cause there's so many troubles, Like even when AJ and I go overseas, which we haven't for a while because our numbers are the ones that are on all of our accounts for work.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: And then like if we're overseas and the girls have to get.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's caused so much troubles for us multiple times in the past where we're like, we're going overseas, no one, we can't get a code. Fucking now, just bring in the ie scanner.
Speaker 2: Honestly. Okay, Well, I'm glad someone else has the same issue as me, because every I think, every single account I have has a different password. I don't know any of them, and I don't know how to get through it. Because if I get logged out of everything in my life, I may as well just make new accounts because I don't know how to log in. And I feel like, as someone who's grown up on the Internet, it should be easier than this.
Speaker 3: But it is so complicated.
Speaker 1: Okay, mark my word, there's going to be a company that comes and revolutionizes passwords for every company.
Speaker 3: It's good They've got to because it's fucked.
Speaker 2: Go Google, girl, I would love you to look up the most commonly used password.
Speaker 3: I reckon it's like password one, two three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and see if we've used any of them ourselves. I was also going to talk about old passwords as well, because I used to have really funny old passwords, but I'm also like, hmm, they might be still attached to some accounts and I wouldn't want anyone to hack me, So maybe that's a little bit a bit full on. Quirty password and admin are the most popular. One, two, three, four, five, six, We've got root. Root is a common passwordot random scroll down. There's not many ones there. It's just like.
Speaker 1: I definitely use like one two three and one two three four, Like really, when it's like it.
Speaker 3: Needs numbers at the end, I'm like, for fox sakes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I have numbers that I use, but they're not in succession.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Admin, I've never used that.
Speaker 1: That's number two most popular, but I think workplaces would use admin as the password.
Speaker 3: Hannah's nodding her head.
Speaker 1: I hate them too, and the password is the most popular one, which I can totally see that being used. What's quirty?
Speaker 3: That's just a keyboard like that across Did you not know that?
Speaker 2: How do we learn that?
Speaker 3: In primary school? It's a quirty keyboard.
Speaker 2: That's what you call that a querty keyboard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely grew up on a farm. It's a quirty keyboard. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Speaking of keyboards, I've been smashing the keys on mine lately because I don't know if I've spoken about this yet or not, but I started a little project. I've started writing a memoir. Remember earlier this year, obviously, I had my show Dancing Queen, which was my memoir that no one would publish. So I decided to perform it live on stage for everyone. And I just wanted to say, to anyone who has never journaled before or anything like that, are you a journaler? No? You don't strike me as a journaler.
Speaker 1: No, But I will say writing a book has made me feel like I was journaling to.
Speaker 2: How's all that going good? I don't everyone knows that, right.
Speaker 1: I've done like little stories, but I haven't done any like reels or anything yet. But about two years ago I started writing it. It's been finished for a while now. Now we're in the like print sampling phase of like getting some dummy copies made okay, and figuring out all the pages because you wouldn't think, like when you read a book, you don't think much of it, but like the font size and like where every chapter finishes and ends, and if there's any like pull out pages with quotes and stuff.
Speaker 3: So we're at that phase. And I'll tell you another thing.
Speaker 1: And for those of you that don't know, I've written my own book kind of like a memoir, bit of business, bit of life, bit of everything. When I finish writing it, I had blonde hair, like the full blonde hair. So I did a photo shoot for the cover because it's just me on the cover. So that cover was done. Then I dyed my hair dark brown, like chocolate brown. So I'm like, fuck, I can't come out with a book with blonde hair when I've got brown hair. So then we did a second photo shoot again to change the cover. Now my hair's medium light brown, and I'm reshooting it again next week.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to have at least now part of me I just burned. I'm going to have three cover options. So if I changed my hair in between now and the time it launches, i've got three options.
Speaker 2: You just go back to blonde, surely.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, But that's where it's at. We were going to launch it at the end of twenty twenty four, but just had too much on so tushed it into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Nice why not? But it was a therapeutic experience for you, It really was.
Speaker 3: So I was writing it just at night when I was laying in bed.
Speaker 1: I'd put it on my headphones, put on some ADHD focus music.
Speaker 3: Oh that's playlist that I like, looking.
Speaker 2: Up fun and what's that like low five beats and things like.
Speaker 1: That, And sometimes I wouldn't have it in the headphones, and I just hope playing out my laptop.
Speaker 3: AJ is like, do you like this kind of music?
Speaker 1: It's like annoying the fuck out of me, and I'm like, yeah, I love it. So I just like put on the headphones and type away and you really get into it.
Speaker 3: Like I liked it.
Speaker 1: I found it to be a bit therapeutic. And like I said, I've never journaled or anything. I always say that I'd like to be a journal girly, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, like also Carple Tunnel to writing actually writing with a pen, I feel I couldn't do that. My hand would cramp. I feel like I write on a birthday card and my hand goes.
Speaker 1: I got on my phone at night and my hand cramps, like from scrolling, and then I have to switch to my other hand. I don't know if you're the same man. I'm I'm like holding my phone in the same position for ages. Then I get like a cramp and I'm like, yeah, got the divit?
Speaker 2: You know what I want to call bullshit on the divot? Right, let's talk about the divit in the pinky. Right, you've seen online the divit in the pinky. No, okay, both of you are holding up your pinkies right now and going, yea, I got a divi in the pinky. Baby girl, First of all, check all your fingers. You've actually got a divot on all of them. Check your grandma's finger next time you're with her. No, check your grandma's finger next time you're with her. She's never held an iPhone in her life. She's got the divot. People have the divot no matter what. So we all our bodies have always had this divot in our pinky. Trust me, I don't believe it for a second because because old people who have never held a bloody phone in their life, they've got the divot as well. And also if they do have the divot and it is from the phone. Well maybe they got it from the book. Maybe they were holding a book back in the olden days and that's where their divot came from. I don't know, but I've looked at the divots and I've gone because i never hold my hand my phone in my left hand either. I'm always in my actually feels a bit weird in my left hand, so i always hold it in my right no matter what. But I've got the divid in both hands.
Speaker 1: And you just made me think of something when you said back in the olden day, just the random thought that popped into my head. I was on TikTok and on my for you page there was a video.
Speaker 3: There's this girl.
Speaker 1: I think her name might be Analis, but I think her TikTok name is like nick Knock.
Speaker 3: Have you seen her? And she's like really in what into.
Speaker 2: Y two K again, I'm like a face person on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I'd probably know if you saw her.
Speaker 1: So she loves like hello kitty like but like Y two K vibes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, this was a few weeks back now, and.
Speaker 1: So she dresses like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie used to dress like back in the two thousands.
Speaker 3: Like you know, just really that style.
Speaker 1: And she was talking about she was wanting to create an outfit that was like two thousands clubbing because she's only like twenty or something, and so she was gone through a wardrobe and she had this like peplum top because remember like backing out, you did see it, and she's like, I've been hanging on to this, and so she was styling this whole outfit a clubbing two thousands outfit with the peplum top, and she did the makeup like two thousands clubbing makeup, and she just kept saying like this is what they used to do back in the day. And I'm watching that, and I'm like back in the day though, Like I'm not that much older than you, But isn't that funny that someone could see our clubbing era as back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I caught up with some of my girls from high school the other day. We did a little friends mess and we were looking at some of our old Facebook profiles. Remember you'd go on a night out or to a party, you'd take literally five hundred photos and you'd upload the entire album to face.
Speaker 3: So we need to bring it back.
Speaker 2: We were looking at all the old fashion and I was like, you know what, this actually slaps like I would love for these Remember the dresses that were all like encrusted boob dresses and then they just flared out like an a line skirt sort of vibe Like I'm like, I would wear that to this day. I love it.
Speaker 1: That's another thing, like we look back at our old like because you know how we say now that all the teenagers of today don't go through a cringe phase like we did back then, Like how we were also daggy and whatever. But back then, when we were daggy, that was cool, Like we were cool when we were going through that I don't know, side fringe phase with lots of layers and whatever. And we look at it now and we like, ugh, teenagers don't get to do that today, But what they're doing today is cool. But in another few generations that will be daggy. Yeah, we were never daggy. That was just what was cool at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll probably look back in a few generations and you know, right now we're like, oh my god, all these girls with flat shoes in the club, Like in a few generations, we'll probably be like, or a few years we'll be like, I can't believe they left the house in flat shoes for the class.
Speaker 1: That's insane, though, Like, I'm so mad that we did miss out on that, because when I was in my clubbing era, when I was seventeen and eighteen, chunky platforms was the only thing that I wore, like Jeffrey Campbell. Yeah, like, and now kids are wearing joggers to the club.
Speaker 3: Why couldn't that have been us? We would never be caught dead.
Speaker 1: I was in a mini soup pre boobtube skirt with chunky fucking and I was going down those stairs at King Street nightclub and I don't know how I didn't fall over.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why do nightclubs have so many stairs?
Speaker 1: Let's have that conversation, bring out just single level nightclub honestly.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the point is I've started writing a memoir and I just want to let any of our scholars know if you've never been like a journaler, because neither of Unita has Brittany. But as you've heard writing, Brittany writing her book, very therapeutic me. I've only just begun in the last couple months and I actually had no starting point. I just kind of like pulled up a word document and once.
Speaker 3: Upon a time, because I literally didn't know what to write. So I started with that that's the first sentence.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, I have no clue where to start, but I started, and so honestly like a therapy session. And I don't know, I feel like I agree. I feel like it just something you might want to take into twenty twenty five, maybe over the Christmas New Year break, if you're not doing much, just even if you just only just open up your notes happened typing your notes up to begin with, give it a go. But I just felt like just writing words on a page kind of was like a weight lifted off my shoulders in the weirdest way. And so I just wanted today to say, give writing a memoir or go now. It's because I haven't been contacted to write a memoir. No one's like, I haven't got a book deal, nothing like that. I said, I'm just going to do this and you know what, one day, if it does get published, whatever, but for now, it's just for me and I'm just writing as a as a form of therapy. I guess and I'm very much enjoying it. So that's my little tidbit of the day is write a book. Write a book and just see how you feel afterwards, because it might change your life.
Speaker 1: Oh I have to say as well, you know how we say see you next Tuesday at the end of every Close Friends. In our broadcast channel the other week, someone was like, oh my god, the ending of that episode.
Speaker 3: Loll.
Speaker 1: It must have been like the first time they'd listened to the end of Close Friends.
Speaker 3: We say it every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And on that note, see you next Tuesday.