Speaker 1: We are celebrating your favorite Victorian teams in the lead up to Opening Round, or we're catching up with some of your favorite footy players offloading club memberships. And today we're celebrating the Mighty Tags.
Speaker 2: Our next guest has played defender for the mating Richmond Tigers since twenty twenty one. He comes from good footy stock, as his dad played for Geelong and his sister plays afl W for the Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: Brown good fight from Tom Brown.
Speaker 1: Please rocking the show, Tom Brown, Tom Brown, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning to morning.
Speaker 3: How are you guys going?
Speaker 5: This is my team? I'm a Richmond fan. Yes, I was forced to be a Richmond fan thanks to my dad.
Speaker 3: Ready for a lecture from so you get the first question?
Speaker 6: Well, I was going to say, what is it like being part of such a big footy family. Your dad played for the Cats, your sister also plays in the afl W. Are you guys all competitive with one another?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. I reckon. As a kid, my sister Millie, she used to beat me up, did she? Then as soon as I hit puberty and started getting a bit stronger, was the other day around. But it's always been footy since day one. With the family.
Speaker 7: What's it like playing at a big, big club like the Richmond footy club, Like.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a pinch me moment, isn't what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah it is, But I mean I've never played another club, so I don't really know any different. But the Tiger Army is there absolutely nuts around one last year.
Speaker 3: They're crazy. They're so loud.
Speaker 5: I mean we are we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but no, I love it. Look, yeah, I don't know much different, but they're enormous.
Speaker 6: Who did you grow up barracking for Geelong because dad played no choice? So then when you get drafted to a team like Richmond, because you're still you're twenty.
Speaker 4: One, yeah, twenty one.
Speaker 6: He is still only so young when you get drafted, what is it like when you're like, oh my gosh, I'm going to one of the biggest clubs in the AFL.
Speaker 4: OH I don't really know, to be honest. I was sitting at home and I wasn't really I hadn't spoken to Richmond at all during like the sort of build up to the draft, so I was sitting there, I wasn't really looking at TV. I was on my phone and I heard my name get called now and shit.
Speaker 5: Like posters down.
Speaker 4: And because Richmond be Gelong in the twenty twenty Grand Finals, so I was kind of I was off and already that.
Speaker 6: Was the one that was up in Brisbane cover grown.
Speaker 4: I was Geelong hard that day. But then I mean, as soon as you get picked up and get around the club, there's like you see such a part of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so then you run onto the mcg and suddenly surrounded by blokes you've been watching on the television. I mean, who's a player that you played on that you're just like that sort of takes my breath away.
Speaker 4: Being a Geelong fan. My first sort of AFL experience, I was versing Geelong in like a practice match and I was next to Joel Sale and he's like, you're in the wrong colors, mate, and I look, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't say anything. I know, I didn't.
Speaker 4: He actually rattled me and I was like ship and so it kind of switched me on though, which is good.
Speaker 6: But that's like kind of getting a little sledge from johels.
Speaker 1: Also nice sledge because it's ever going to be grubbing from me.
Speaker 5: How are the Tigers feeling going into this year?
Speaker 6: I know you guys sit out for we don't even know what it's called zero round round, opening round, and you guys get your first game against Carlton in round one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, we're really excited, like we've got such a young group, was it eight draftees? Got a lot of older players leaving, But that's just part of it. And we're excited because we don't really know what it looks like for us. We don't know how quick we're going to develop and what would happen. I wish we're playing around zero over, but got the.
Speaker 5: Ass they pick who doesn't doesn't?
Speaker 3: Do you know what it's like? The glamor teams, the competition?
Speaker 5: What's wrong with my.
Speaker 3: Last season? Wasn't great? Hawthorne a sort of the Hollywood.
Speaker 7: This blakes a bit of a cult hero at Tigerland at punt really a lot of a lot of people online sort to celebrate how clean you are?
Speaker 5: What do you mean clean?
Speaker 3: Mean clean? Clean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've got cult status at the footy club?
Speaker 3: Do you feel it?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 3: Really? To be honest, you are selling yourself. Sure.
Speaker 4: Now you walk in there and all the boys just on your back hand, and yes, they bring you back down to earth pretty quickly. But no, I mean I read stuff online. People send me things, which is pretty funny, but it's nothing TikTok.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, if you're a twenty one year old AFL player, are.
Speaker 5: You on TikTok?
Speaker 4: Under what do you put on your TikTok?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 4: I put one video on my TikTok. It's a video of me playing the guitar, singing as well, Eric or something? Noah, can't.
Speaker 5: I don't even know who know a car? Is you do?
Speaker 3: Season? Sorry I'm not singing. Well, let's let's let Tom sing it.
Speaker 4: No, I can't love her mom. It's a season of the Sticks, you know?
Speaker 5: Can you put it on?
Speaker 6: You know it?
Speaker 5: Six seasons?
Speaker 3: Save it for your guitar.
Speaker 5: Do you sing as well? Because anyone used this guitar?
Speaker 3: Tom, you reckon?
Speaker 4: This will be on air right now down at the club.
Speaker 3: You're going to be joy.
Speaker 1: Come on, nohka when you're ready.
Speaker 5: No need to change all the guitars out.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh ship that's.
Speaker 4: I'll play something else.
Speaker 3: Left from time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's shocking. I was feeling it.
Speaker 3: Yeah you a single le Tom?
Speaker 4: Yes I am no Ana.
Speaker 5: Can play the guitar and can think you've.
Speaker 3: Got a guitar and you you've got a guitar in my bedroom. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The ladies in the corner of the rooms.
Speaker 1: Also got a giant mirror that looks over his bad Do you have one of those as well?
Speaker 6: Done?
Speaker 5: Answer that, Tom, that's a trick question.
Speaker 3: It works. What yah, One day you'll see someone else in it.
Speaker 6: Now. I am a proud paid up Richmond member for the year thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 5: We have some Richmond memberships to go as well.
Speaker 6: These are the hardest tickets in town to get the biggest team in the AFL, most popular team in the AFL go tags this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tommy, good luck for the season ahead, mate, Thank you. I'm excited.
Speaker 6: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on over one hundreds Lauren Hollybom on socials.