Speaker 1: Hi. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey, and this is high Scroll as the podcast version of your favorite group chat. If it's trending, we're not talking about it today because this is our official last record of the year, Unhinged edition. Because where are we at.
Speaker 2: We are currently coming to you live from an eight am happy hour in Newcastle.
Speaker 1: Chairs. We quite literally have some wines in hand and we're recording on a wobbicle land today. We're just going off the rails, aren't.
Speaker 2: We Yeah, no structure to this one. It's our Christmas party as far as we're concerned, and you're all invited, and.
Speaker 1: You have all come to Newcastle for once. How long have I been driving to bloody Sydney? I know a year and a half. Now it's about time you all made the trip here.
Speaker 2: Don't know if I'll do it again, I will say not happy with Newcastle drivers. You can all get stuffed as far as I'm concerned. Sorry, I've had a savvy by I've had half a savvy be Actually I'm already ready to ranch.
Speaker 1: Oh by the way, we need to give everyone contact, so if you miss the episode from like earlier this year, this is the pub. Okay, you know what everyone, Actually we're on the stage that I watched Reese Maston perform on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally in the room where Brittany watched Reese Maston. We're currently on stage. The stage lights are on. You'll have to look in the broadcast channel or we're going to post a log as well of today. You'll have to see all the shenanigans because we're currently sitting on a trestle table on Reesemaston stage. We've got ourselves an eight thirty am semelon savignon blanc from The Hunter Bally and we are just I didn't have breakfast so it's going straight to my head and we're ready to perform.
Speaker 1: And we have one live audience member, AJ. Can you give us a yell? AJ is the only one? Oh, we got Ricardo, Hannah and April And just for a little bit more context, if you miss the episode where we spoke about this pub. By the way, we've got to give a shout out to the Stag and Hunter in Newcastle for allowing us to come in this morning. It's a freaking Wednesday.
Speaker 2: And they're open for business. There are patrons here, yeah, in the in the pub, so I almost knocked over Miss Savvy b. Then God, I'm going to struggle through this one. How are we going to do this for another forty four minutes?
Speaker 1: And so they have happy hour from eight to ten on weekdays. I drove past you one day and had to double take because it said on the sign outside eight to ten happy hour on weekdays. And so in the episode, Matt actually called this pub if you missed it and confirmed. And then we've asked can we please come and record our last episode of the year here, which, by the way, we have more episodes coming out over Chrissy, which is like our last official official one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we've prerecorded a bunch of things for you over the Christmas New Year break. Obviously we're going on annual leave from the podcast, but don't worry, you will have still two episodes going up each week. Yeah, all different themes, all different things. So, you know, try being an influencer for a day. It's very hard. We've worked hard to bring that to you all, so I hope you're happy about that. But huge shout out to the Stag and what's it called.
Speaker 1: Hunter, the Stag and Hunter for allowing us to record in here today. Absolutely do you actually have anything that we're going to talk about today other than the fact that we're in the pub.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm still waiting to talk about how much I hate Newcastle drivers.
Speaker 1: Why what happened?
Speaker 2: I feel like when I came here I could have been here twenty minutes earlier. But why is it in Newcastle? And police? I've got Newcastle people in the room, so I need you to confirm this with me. When you're at a traffic light and you've you're turning what ways that right? You're turning right, and you've got you've got a green light but no green arrow, so the other cars are coming the other way, right, Yeah, So in my experience, the first car in the lane should push itself out into the intersection and wait there until there's either a gap or a green arrow to then turn. Agree, Well, why the fuck does no one in Newcastle do that?
Speaker 1: I do that?
Speaker 2: Then I sat behind car after car who didn't get the memo, and then the.
Speaker 1: Light goes orange and red and then you're start, but.
Speaker 2: They don't go because they're not out in the intersection. So now they're stuck, and now we're doing another fucking cycle. And in Newcastle there's like eight different ways you can go in one traffic light. You've got to you got to sit there for ten minutes wait for everyone to have their turn, and then you're still stuck there in the same problem.
Speaker 1: Are you doing match rand of the week in the startup?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's not a round of the week. I'll have a better one for the end of the episode. But I just need to get that off my chest because now I can enjoy my semilon that Savignon blanc.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've got a Christmas bomb on here to start the episode, because that's.
Speaker 2: Right, we only need one. We'll determine who the winner is.
Speaker 1: Here we go, and there are a way that you can tell.
Speaker 2: No, it's not as you hold that thing, but I don't think it's I don't think that's right.
Speaker 1: Whoever wins what Okay.
Speaker 2: Whoever losers has to wear the hat?
Speaker 1: I feel Okay, Okay, we're doing agree.
Speaker 2: To one go. Fuck yeah, I've got to wear the hat. Bring the hat over here, love. We have one of those stupid alf hats with the jingle bell on it and you press the button it makes a sound.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a joke for you. Matt I got a joke for you on copyright.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we can't do that copyright. Well hang on, let me put that on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got a joke that's coming out of the Christmas bon bond. White. Did the golfer wear two pairs of trousers because.
Speaker 2: He got a hole in one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You can't tell a joke to a comedian without him spoiling it.
Speaker 1: You know what, This has a puzzle in it.
Speaker 2: No, it can't be bothered. We're not doing that. We're not We're not playing games.
Speaker 1: You might be able to hear the motorbikes going past, but that's right. Well, I'm going to wear the.
Speaker 2: Actual you've got the paper crown. Yeah, oh that's nice. Actually would prefer Oh we've got different options for the hats, Surrey. We need to get off this because it's not visual. They can't see any of the hats.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 2: But to paint your picture. I'm in one of those kmart elf hats that move and sing, and Brittany has one of the paper crowns on from a Christmas Bond bond and what's the color of it?
Speaker 1: Red?
Speaker 2: I think your bonbon pink? Or what color is that? Everyone Okay, are we all color blind in the room? Are we?
Speaker 1: Well? The colored lights are on in here.
Speaker 2: Pink, it's pink.
Speaker 1: I saw something else on the TV this morning. By the way, you see this morning.
Speaker 2: On the TV. You're watching TV.
Speaker 1: Okay, I put the TV on for the dogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, No, that's fair. I've lost me hatty, Sorry, I put.
Speaker 1: I put the TV on for the dogs in the morning and it just turns on. It's automatically, like Sunrise or news or whatever. D D yes the like either thing rip off of.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call it a ripoff. I think they've got better prices.
Speaker 1: Yeah they do.
Speaker 2: They do with the better version. But yes, every time I do see someone pull out their d d app, I go, oh god, times must be tough.
Speaker 1: I do well. I saw a segment on the TV this morning, and apparently it's only starting in Victoria, but they plan to roll it out. They're doing DD towing right for people that are having a night out and want to get home with their car. So they've got DD tow trucks out and about on the roads in Victoria at the moment. In Melbourne, CBD and you go onto the app and for those of you that are in Victoria, like pull up the DD app and see if you can look at this. You can book a tow truck. It comes and gets you from wherever you are and they put your car on the back of the tow truck and you get in the truck and they drop you home. So you get home safely with your car.
Speaker 2: So if you have like finished work, you go to afterwork drinks and then you decide to have a big nye, you actually sort your life out. Yes, I kind of love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like it's really good. It's like for road safety and people getting home safe and not drink driving.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much it costs though.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they said that they A. J's fucking leaving, going gotta do something you do? Come come over here, J for one second. Can you just do a really loud boo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, AJ is leaving?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Are we really that annoying?
Speaker 1: He hates it, he's got to go. Our one audience member is leaving.
Speaker 2: Well, someone at Fate needs to do some work today.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he's got to go to work. Anyway, he'll probably be back in the time that he's gone and back again. But anyway, back to DD, I think the pricing that they were having at the moment was just like an introductory thing. I think it was like twenty five bucks, but don't quote me on that, but it's probably going to change, like once it's up and running. Are you half drunk?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just pissing that we're in a fucking pub doing this, Like, I just don't think. I really wish this could be a bit more visual and you could understand.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to watch the vlog we're posting a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, we're talking about DD and getting your card to Toad at the end of a fucking night out and we're sitting here on a stage in a pub in newcast with no one in the room, and it's just the most surreal experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. Though. This is so on brand of us, like of anything that we could do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is in fact, we should bring this to life in the High Scrollers Live. And just you know, because we were thinking when we talked about doing a High Scrollers Live, which isn't happening. I just want to set the record straight now thing's happening right now. But you know, it's some when we discussed it's a goal. Yeah, it's goal. We think, you know, casino theme because high scrollers. Yes, se yes, casino theme. I'm dressed as a rule that we'll you know, put your money on red whatever. But I think it would be funnier if we actually just recreated this exact soname.
Speaker 1: I can do it in pubs on Oh.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, like create a pub on stage.
Speaker 1: Yes, we could do it in a pub, like every show is at a local pub.
Speaker 2: That's actually kind.
Speaker 1: And then we should get everyone to vote, like when we're going to Sydney, like everyone needs to vote or tell us like what pub, so we get the pub involved. But if we don't do that and it's not at pubs, I agree it should be pub theme.
Speaker 2: Pub theme on stage, and also the audience could be pub theme as well, like where your flip flops?
Speaker 1: And someone come as a trading.
Speaker 2: Singlets where your trading outfits? And should we do the show at eight A no?
Speaker 1: No, na, I know want to come? You know how I feel about live shows at random times?
Speaker 2: So true, although people are begging from Matinee lately, what's that Mattinee like a daytime show like a two pm. What, But I think that's just so weird. It's so weird to do a show at two o'clock in the afternoon. We're doing a by the time this episode comes out, we would have already done it. But we're doing a six pm.
Speaker 1: So that's a good time.
Speaker 2: Melbourne on a Sunday night, granted Sunday night. Nah, what too late on a Sunday for you?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay? I just had this thing. I hate doing things on work nights. I fucking hate it. Really, I'm going out for dinner tomorrow night, which is in the past. By the time you're listening to this, going out tomorrow night, it's a fucking Thursday. Like why see, I love it?
Speaker 2: And you know what, Thursdays of the new Fridays, you know, because everyone works from home on Friday anyway, not everyone, but you know, most people. So if you go out in the city on a Thursday, it's actually more lively than you know, a Friday night these days, because I think Friday night's actually harder because people do work from home, or so many people work from home that like they are lazy all day, so then they don't want to do anything the Friday night so they'd rather go out the Thursday night.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I want to do more things on work nights, but mentally I just can't. Like I'm like, we're going out for dinner on a Thursday night? Are you serious?
Speaker 2: See that sounds like a dream to me. I'm like, every night of the week, let's do something different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to be like that, but I think when you're in the nine to five life, it's hard to you know, change your mentality around that.
Speaker 2: Grow up. Honestly, if I were you, I'd be living the life. My life would be going out every night. Light years. Let's go have a good dinner and then come to this pub have a wine before going to the fate warehouse.
Speaker 1: What's it come here in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you got happy hour, get yourself a beer start the day. I wonder how many coffee start beer.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many pubs actually do this, because surely this isn't the only pub, Like I just so happened to drive past this and look at the sign that's like on the street, But surely it's more common than we think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we kind of laughed at the whole thing when we first discovered it. You know why is there a happy hour eight till ten? And the reason that we kind of did the show here today is also because it drummed up so much of a response online, both in the broadcast channel and some of the social videos that we posted. People obviously had a lot of explanations about, oh my gosh, this lady just came in with a fabulous camilla on oh I saw that, Sorry got distracted by the sparkles. But a lot of people were saying that they actually do this for night workers slash shift workers, because obviously happy hour for the most part is like a six seven pm or four till six pm, and that's when a lot of these people start work. So it's like, does Newcastle have a big demographic of people who do work shift work, like overnight because there are a lot of roadworks here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think it's like a big thing.
Speaker 2: To offer, like unless there's a huge demand.
Speaker 1: I've been like the Hunter Valley, there's so many mines, so maybe like people that work up there, which is like forty five minutes from here, yeah, they would come back home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's good. I'm all for it, But also I take my hat off to anyone that works night shift. Yeah you fucking work night shift.
Speaker 2: Matt, Yeah, I do too. I did last night.
Speaker 1: Actually, I don't know how people do it, Like, good on you any of you do night shift?
Speaker 2: Like what I want to talk about this? Actually what because someone messaged me because we've spoken about it on the podcast before. Where I naturally, just as a human being one, I function better at night time. To my creative juices flow better at night time. Like my two o'clock in the morning for me is like the best time of the day. My mind is so clear. I have the best thoughts for videos or if I'm doing a live show or something like that, even like filling out a brief for the podcast, Like I'd rather do that at like two o'clock in the morning because that's when my brain works. So we've spoken about this on the podcast before that Brittany is just like that's crazy and I need to be up at what time every morning? Are you up?
Speaker 1: And getting get up for like six these days?
Speaker 2: That's insane to me in my brain, Like I got mad. I got off at six to day to come all the way to bloody Newcastle. But like the thing is what I'm trying to get at is. Someone messaged me and was like, this is actually like a scientific study of some sort that has been done and it goes way back to like cave man days because in the cave man days, they had to take it in shifts of who would stay awake overnight to one look out for predators, but also they had to go and hunt the animals that we're out at night. So you're a hunter, well apparently, But what I'm saying is like, apparently that's trickled down throughout all the cultures and all the people and everything, and now you can you have people who are awake or most alive or their brain is working the best during the night because it goes back to like those times where people had to be awake at night to survive.
Speaker 1: There you go, so you just here surviving.
Speaker 2: I'm out here surviving, thriving, and I'm apparently I'm a hunter at the Stag and Hunter Hotel, so it all kind of.
Speaker 1: All, yeah, it all makes sense now, but.
Speaker 2: There you go. So I feel much better about that, And thank you to whoever sent that to me, because they go, wow, that actually makes sense. I'm just really in touch with my caveman roots. You know, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I've merely drank this whole glass you barey touched yours. It's the silence in here for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, Now there are a few things you sent through that you wanted to talk about today. Yeah, you totally've forgotten them, but I'll have a look at them. I want to talk about the first one.
Speaker 1: Okay. So every year Pantone releases or announces the color of the year. And if you don't know what Pantone is, it's a like globally recognized color system. That's what Pantone is.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Like we use it in fashion and making things.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon the people at Pantone? The CEO of Pantone, would you call him a hunter or a gatherer?
Speaker 1: Oh? He's a hunter for sure. He's up at two am.
Speaker 2: All the creative ones are.
Speaker 1: Well. Anyway, they've announced the color of twenty twenty five and it's very underwhelming.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's mocka moose.
Speaker 2: I hate it just hearing that.
Speaker 1: So they announce it every year and they like show you the color and like things that are that color. And it is like a pale brown, like it's not even a nice rich colate brown. It's literally mockamouse color like picture. It's giving diarrhea. It's really bad. That is that Kim Kardashian's all way.
Speaker 2: It looks like it the shade offers a discreete and tasteful touch of glamour. I fucking doubt it. I'm color blind, and even I can know that looks like shit. Well, I'm just surprised that, you know, the brat green wasn't announced as color of the year this year, after the word bratt was word of the year, you'd think that the brat green would be color of the year.
Speaker 1: I don't get like they announced the color of the year, but then what like does that?
Speaker 2: And I wonder what determines because obviously we with the word of the year that it's like obviously a little bit more. You got your laptop, go Google Girl. We're going Google Go Google Girl via Satellite today up here in Newcastle. But can you place Google Hannah. What constitutes a color of the year because with the word of the year, obviously it's a word that has come to notoriety or more popular in the past months. The color I mean, I've never heard makamus in my life.
Speaker 1: No all the Pantone names have the most random like names.
Speaker 2: You're right over there, I'm all good. Here we go. It says the decision is made based on macro influences from throughout the world. Panton's Color of the Year is essentially color snapshots of what's taking place globally and what's reoccurring in every day line.
Speaker 1: And I saw people online saying, well, this is setting us up to have a very successful twenty twenty five because of the shit color. Like it's saying that we're going to have a really shit year, really, and the world's going to be shit.
Speaker 2: And so is that the color of twenty twenty five though? Or is it twenty twenty four?
Speaker 1: It's pretty sure it's the color of next year.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four was peach.
Speaker 1: Fars fucking yuck. Really, the year before was Viva magenta.
Speaker 2: That's quite nice, though.
Speaker 1: You like that color. They're picking these fucking colors very.
Speaker 2: Don't forget colorblind. So I'm looking at this, You're probably seeing the fuggliest pink and I'm seeing this girlgeous purple.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not a fair of any of those colors. Sorry, Pantone.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they won't take offense. I'm sure they're not even gonna it's not even gonna get back to them that we're bitching about on the podcast.
Speaker 1: You're right, Love, it went down the wrong way. Yeah, don't you hate choking in a place like in public. I told the story already of when I choked to death with the cabinet makers.
Speaker 2: You should make come one of those videos on TikTok out of those I should. That's been all that trend.
Speaker 1: Okay, there is demanding that trend. There is a muppet that is a prawn. Oh is that what he is? Yeah, he's a prawn from the Muppets, and there's like this meme photo of him just like looking like a stunned mullet, and so everyone would have seen it by now. I did it. If you want to jump onto my TikTok. And then it's acquire that the song that you use along with the prawn meme photo is here of us.
Speaker 2: Like a prayer by Madonna.
Speaker 1: You're saying, but it's a choir doing it. And then you like tell a story in like a carousel of the same.
Speaker 2: Meme, like an embarrassing story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or something like rogue or whatever. And then you swipe across and the song gets more intense as you're reading. It's like, really funny. It's gone absolutely viral in the last week. I did one myself.
Speaker 2: If you want to go and see ye see, I've seen those and I have not laughed at one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know what it takes.
Speaker 2: And kept sending them to me. I kept going, what am I looking at?
Speaker 1: They're not that funny. But I don't know. Maybe we're just hard to please.
Speaker 2: Maybe I am.
Speaker 1: I want to start a trend.
Speaker 2: Because it's all embarrassing moments.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, which people relate to.
Speaker 2: Well, just think of just get a cool song and make up a dance, because you know that. I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 1: Like, why didn't we think, oh my god.
Speaker 2: That's the funnest trend ever. We're doing that today? Actually we need to, because I love that. I'm not I can't even really describe to our scrollers.
Speaker 1: We did it on the Fate one. If you wanted to see it with the new warehouse, wouldn't you guy in the warehouse.
Speaker 2: I know you've got a guy in these.
Speaker 1: Josh shout out to Josh, and he's keen to be in the tiktoks. He's told us, nice, he's all young. He'sn't like nineteen or something.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, well that's a bit fun, isn't it. Is not only your second guy apart from AJ.
Speaker 1: We've had another guy as well, but he had to leave for personal reasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah it was sad. Well there you go.
Speaker 1: So now we've got Josh in the warehouse. Look out, AJ, he's no longer the tallest guy that works at Fate.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, that wouldn't be hard to beat anyway. As really not that tall, is he?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Have I offended everyone?
Speaker 1: And have I don't out him like that? He's not that tall, but he's not a short king.
Speaker 2: No, he's not a short king. But he's not a tak No, he's not tall.
Speaker 1: But if you ask medium size, he's medium.
Speaker 2: Medium, medium combo, you know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, have you seen the guy in America? I mean it's probably a week old news by the time that this comes out, but anyway, it's happening right now. The guy alleged murderer of the is it a healthcare ceo? He just like shot him dead.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been following along, Yes, I've.
Speaker 1: Been following along. Too. People online have been kind of giving him a bit of grace, and I want to know how you feel about this, Like people have made like fan pages for him, and they're like sexualizing him. Like what is it when people write like books about people they idolize fan fan fiction? There's fan fiction like pages for him?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I saw someone else post TikTok and it's like all clips of him being arrested and it's Britney Spears long Mama in love. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Actually I saw that so much on my full you page. I listen to that on the way here today because I was like, I love that song. But yeah, who was the other one that everyone was obsessed with? I'm a malat Who was the one? No, everyone's shaking their heads. Who was the one everyone thought was hot? Who was? No, he's had Netflix shows about him and everything. Jeffrey Jeffrey Goldbloom.
Speaker 1: No, Jeffrey Darmer, Jeffrey dam No.
Speaker 2: There was another one they looked like, played by zac Efron Manson.
Speaker 1: No, played by zach Efron.
Speaker 2: Wasn't he Ted Bundy? Ted's Ted Bundy. Yeah, he's another modern day Ted Bundy, I'd say, because yeah, people and let me say, is gorgeous. But I don't know whether the discourse around the whole thing is appropriate.
Speaker 1: Is what I Yeah, the thing I want to say is so like, by when we're recording this, it's still only just come out that he's been arrested and last night. Yeah, And what's crazy is like the whole thing has been so well executed and planned, like the way that he hid his entire face, like in the lead up and when he left after he shot the guy, Like there's no CCTV footage of his face. It's like he knew where every camera was in New York and then he drove or got four and a half hours away. And it's however, many days after the murder has happened, he has been found in a McDonald's just casually eating. And he just so happened to have all the evidence on him, like he had the weapon on him, he had a letter that he'd written or something like why.
Speaker 2: He had some monopoly money too, apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he wrote all that stuff on all the bullets. But I just want to know, like, why would you be so obviously out in public with everything on you, Like, wouldn't you be ditching that shit like straight away.
Speaker 2: Maybe he planned to be discovered.
Speaker 1: That's what people are saying. And it was by like an elderly macas worker. I think that like dabbed him in. And then I saw someone on TikTok saying because apparently this kid had come out and said that he he hates like the healthcare system or whatever, and then the reward was ten grand if someone like Dobby you.
Speaker 2: Went up to fifty Oh did it? Yeah? Fifty?
Speaker 1: Well, apparently like people are making conspiracies that he went to McDonald's because McDonald's workers don't get paid anything in comparison to like the healthcare worker and went up to a McDonald's worker and said, I want you to dob me in to like make a statement.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: I'm just genuinely intrigued to see like what comes of this, because I saw he like got arrested and then was yelling out stuff to the media. But I don't know what he was saying.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't, I haven't kept up close enough, but I know that the reward definitely got bumped up to fifty thousand, which I was like, I don't know it's it's weird because media does things, doesn't it. Like, I mean, anyone else getting shot and murdered, there's never a fifty thousand dollars reward, There's never a you know, the police couldn't care less. But because this one got like worldwide coverage, they've got a like act like they've got to act like, you know, they're doing something about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Other thing people are saying is weird is how many photos they've been releasing of the guy, like just iPhone photos that the cops have taken of him, like in the holding cell. And they're saying, like, no one ever gets shown this much to the public and the media. And then they're saying he's going to have an unfair trial blah blah blah because they've blasted him like to the media.
Speaker 2: Oh, they've been Netflix showing everything in five years.
Speaker 1: Surely I feel like this shit would never happen in Australia in this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, this is so random, but I'm just gonna say it anyway. In fact, no, over legal might not let me put this one in, But I did legal studies, as we know, in high school, and we learned that the Chappelle Corby case, she probably if the media didn't pick that up, she probably could have got away with it and it wouldn't have even been a whole thing. Allegedly. Allegedly, this is just what this is just what a couple of lawyers told me once upon a time. No, yes, yeah, in your school, well yeah, they come to the we're doing legal studies and the lawyers come and we talk about so they came in. It's got to help us with the HSA. Sorry that you dropped out, Dale, but you know, some of us took our schooling kind of seriously, not at all, but they told us that, you know, the media has so much impact on what happens in these cases and trials. And basically with the Chappelle Corby thing, these people were saying that allegedly, you know, if the media hadn't picked it up, she probably could have you know, perhaps there's no better word than to say bribed her way out of it. And this is just what they're saying. I'm just trying to cover my ass with legal you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But basically, Hanna's looking at you like this is getting taken out.
Speaker 2: Oh really, is it really? I mean it's a it's all just his you know. Apparently allegedly, allegedly, allegedly that they were saying that because the media picked it up. Sorry, I know I'm repeating myself for the third time, but I've had a wine, so bear with me. Because the media picked it up, Bali Security Police Force whatever had to go through with a trial and had to punish her because the media put a spotlight on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, makes when the media's so involved, it would heavily like like impact any.
Speaker 2: Because if they didn't, it would show the world that anyone could bring drugs into Bali. Yeah, it would show everyone that, Look, we're very lenient, you know what I mean. And yes, you've all heard stories about certain you know, corrupt sort of sectors and things like that. Whatever. I'm trying to say enough without saying too much. If you're following my drift here, scrollers. So, yeah, the media really fucked that one up for her, apparently allegedly. And I feel like we're seeing the same thing happen now. Is because there's so much attention on him, he's gonna get like the worst sentence possible because you can't just go around him.
Speaker 1: They can't let him off lightly because now the whole internet will go into a shit storm.
Speaker 2: But also, oh god, this is a bit fucked. You might want to take this one out, Hannah. But to hear a story from the US where just one person gets shot, I don't want to use the word it's not refreshing, but it was. No, that's not the right word. It's not. But I just went, well, thank god it's not a school, you know what I mean, Or thank god it's not something bit more. I feel like it's very it's obviously very tragic. Sorry, am I getting canceled. Everyone's looking at me like jaws have dropped around the room. I didn't. I did. Let me get my words right, you know what I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Say, though, You know what you're saying, because when you think of America, you just hear like about all the terrible mass stings.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, so I just went, oh wow, like a lot of what I'm saying is a lot of hum drum and a lot of noise and news for you know, one person. Oh god, everyone's looking at me like I'm an evil. I'm just saying people get shot and murdered. It's terrible. But every single day thousands and thousands of people, especially in America, but we're focused on this one, which, first of all, we're focused on in the first Like, the first reason we're focused on it was because he is obviously in a position of power, and he's a white man, so people obviously care more. Evidently, second of all, the person who shot him is hot, so now people care him more.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's hot.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he's fucking gorgeous, but obviously I'm not going to touch him with a ten foot pole because he's murdered someone. So you know, the bad outweighs the good in this scenario. But I think that the discourse online is a little unsettling that people are saying, you know, just let him go free because he's so hot, Like, just let him go. I'm just like that. And you know what other trend I haven't been enjoying this week as well? What is which you've actually done but I don't care because you did in a funny way, but it's what it's the me and bakh trend. Okay, first of all, I've seen it so much. If you haven't seen obviously in Wicked, there's that song dancing through Life and Nessa Rose says we deserve each other me and Buck. Yeah, and she says really funny and the same to sing. I know, but it's like become this whole thing on the internet. But like my thing is, my heart just goes, oh my god, Like do we have to pick on the one actress who's in a wheelchair?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I was come out and made a statement and said I don't care if you make fun of like the character, but she said, like, don't make fun of her disability.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, Yeah, Well that's good that she's on board. I didn't realize she'd come out, but I was because I was concerned. I was like, how does she feel? Sing? Because it's really been such a viral trend, Like how would you feel being in the movie and you've done your best, You're like, oh my gosh, and then to become a meme at the end of that that's.
Speaker 1: What you remember goes as well. Now they've gone and gotten like have you seen that the mash up of like every person that's done Wicked, like live shows, and it's just that one sentence from all of them and how differently they all say the word Bok, which what is the name Bok?
Speaker 2: By the way, well he's a munchkin.
Speaker 1: Be okay, be okay, we're talking about the Land of make Believe.
Speaker 2: Her name's fucking Alphaba, so it's like you're all got funny names.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Did you see the lookalike contest for Ariana Grande's boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, Ethan Slater like contest.
Speaker 1: Yes, I kind of like Ethan Slater now, like I kind of get it.
Speaker 2: There was one in.
Speaker 1: Did you see him doing the Ethan Slater? Oh? What's that? Is it? Who has the live show where they sing it and they make up a song for them every time they're entering the stage show? Is it? You know you've never seen.
Speaker 2: I've seen it. I don't know who it's for though.
Speaker 1: It's a live show and that celebrities go on and when they walk through the whole cruise Jennifer Hudson, Yeah, and Ethan Slater did want the.
Speaker 2: Like dad Love Love Jenny h.
Speaker 1: He's kind of cute anyway. There was a Ethan Slater look alike contest, which, by the way, those look alike contests are blowing up on my four you page at the moment I saw Kyle and Jackie O did one?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Was that the one in Sydney Hyde Park? Maybe I can't remember who it was for, maybe Sean Mendes or no, sorry it was no, it was Jacob LRDI. It was Jacob e Lordie and the men who showed up looking like Jacob ELRDI. I mean, get a fucking grip, girls, it was tragic. One of them looked like Jacob Laudi, none of them.
Speaker 1: Speaking of famous people, you probably haven't seen it in the group chat. This morning, I opened my DMS and there's a DM from Cameron Dallas.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did see that. I skimmed over it.
Speaker 1: That's a scam surely, But.
Speaker 2: How have they got his actual account?
Speaker 1: I reckon it's his team. I got it. Open my DM and I saw the blue tick and it's a Cameron Dallas twenty one million followers, and I'm like, what the fuck? And the message says, hey, I just want to check that you're what did it say? You're getting promoted? You're monetizing your snap like getting paid on snaps. So I reckon he's got like a management team that like monetized creators might.
Speaker 2: Be like also a commission based thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pyramid scheme. Anyway, I'm claiming it. Cameron Dallas has slid into my DMS. I should reply, do you reply?
Speaker 2: Can you reply automated as well?
Speaker 1: Get him on the pod?
Speaker 2: Wait? Why don't we just call him right now? Because you can call on Instagram like you can call him because that's embarrassed.
Speaker 1: But what if he sees and then.
Speaker 2: Say sorry, that was an accident and then say no, I'm not I'm not monetized by a snap. Can you help me out?
Speaker 1: No? Surely, Okay, we're video calling screamcord just in case I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Where's where's the call?
Speaker 1: It's disappeared now that you've pressed it twice?
Speaker 2: No, okay, so I called and he didn't answer. But if I just hold that down you think I can understand?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I can't. Can you just reply and say? Can I reply?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm not wise that.
Speaker 1: That's embarrassing though that it says audio call.
Speaker 2: That's fine and oops, didn't mean to call?
Speaker 1: Oh don't and he.
Speaker 2: Just for good measure?
Speaker 1: Your singer.
Speaker 2: I think anyone can be a singer, you know, I think we all sing. Anyway, we'll keep you updated.
Speaker 1: On he has long hair.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my god, he doesn't even look like himself. We will we will keep you updated in the broadcast channel on the Cameron Dallas DMS and what He replies.
Speaker 1: What, Hannah, have you been like still on Millionaire Match?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Oh about yet. Okay, you're gonna have to You're gonna you're gonna have to wait and hear that because I got contacted by a dating company that is for millionaires and we signed Hannah up. But you're gonna have to stay tuned for that. Well, this has been an absolute hoot.
Speaker 2: Can you say you're lying?
Speaker 1: Oh? Another episode done in dusted.
Speaker 2: The final episode of the year. But as we said at the start, don't worry. We have episodes. We've got up our slaves for you, all lots of fun content coming over the break and we'll be back sometime in January.
Speaker 1: We're not going anywhere, like the pot is still going. By the way, I just want to say before we go, you put in the Scroller's broadcast channel last night, which, by the way, if you're not in it, fucking join it. If you have Instagram, it's it's in Matt's butt like Instagram by.
Speaker 2: My profile you'll see scrollers and just join it.
Speaker 1: Last night, Matt put in there, like, take a guess at where we're recording from tomorrow. It's not in Sydney. And I just pissed myself seeing all the places that people mentioned, and they've got such good memories, remembering all the fucking random things that we talk about. Pizza Hut, but secretly hope it's the new Wizard of Oz Zone movie World, Titty Beach, Baker's Delight, A lot of people guess the Happy Hour Pub, the water Slide or water park place, JAMBUREW Morrison, G.
Speaker 3: Morrissett, Mega Markets that next time, Titty Witty b Hog's Breadth, Bong Bong, like all these places that we've spoken about throughout the year, you've all had.
Speaker 1: The best memory. Let me just say, yeah, best listeners.
Speaker 2: Where do you want us to do a live recording next? On location? I reckon Bong Bong, Bong Bong. Yeah, I'd go to Bong Bong. Yeah. In fact, driving down to my thirtieth I went past Bong Bong, did you Yeah, because it took me the back way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: I was on Bong Bong Road for a little bit quite enjoyed yea.
Speaker 1: The time, but just give me little bong bong.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, we should wrap this up. Thank you to the Stag and Hunter Hotel for having us here today. If you're ever in Newcastle, definitely recommend coming down for a cheeky sa.
Speaker 1: I've been here for dinner once or twice and they actually do have really good like pub food, snitzells chips a lot, and they have live music here too. I mean I've only been here once to see Rehese Maston, but they've got live music every weekend. And this episode is not sponsored by the way I feel like it's been one sponsored yet. No.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want to say thank you because they've allowed us to come in and set up a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Probably like us, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I know, it's kind of embarrassing for us.
Speaker 1: I know they probably who are these two losers who have like a hundred listeners?
Speaker 2: They probably think we have like twenty people tuning in and it's just our friends and family. If only they knew. Fuck, They've made a hire more security this weekend because this place is gonna be fuck compacted. Anyway, if you ever new guys, will come on down. I think I might be back too. I might do a little show here.
Speaker 1: You should. I swear to God we need to do our live shows at past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think write that down, Hannah. We'll circle back to that in twenty cheaper.
Speaker 1: Too, like phill be cheaper. I'm just saying, rather than hiring out a huge fucking.
Speaker 2: Probably no benu Hi, he's just a bar tab. We'll just make sure everyone gets drunk, perfect nice. All right, Well, anyway, thanks for listening to this episode, and thanks for listening to us all bloody years Scrollers. We so appreciate you, and I know we'll be here for you know, the next however many.
Speaker 1: Weeks actually maybe only like I thought you were going to say, like how much longer we're going to be doing high Scrollers for? Because is our Psycheic episode out yet?
Speaker 2: No, that comes out in January.
Speaker 1: Okay, given all all these like little clues, but she told us how long she was going to see us working together for.
Speaker 2: There's lots of good fun episodes coming up for you very soon. But it feels weird not to say thank you. Merry Christmas, Happy holidays, have a fabulous new year, and we'll see you in twenty twenty five, even though we're going to be here in your ears. Yeah, there's no break every single week.
Speaker 1: Also close Friends Friday. Oh yeah, close friends.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that, Hannah, no cancel that. We're not doing that. I'm okay, we'll see you. We won't do it Close friends this Friday.
Speaker 1: We are. We're doing Close Friends in the pub right, we stay duned for part two.
Speaker 2: See it's on anyway, Daryl, I better let you go. I've got to go get yourself another savvy beer.