Speaker 1: I need your help, Jason Lauren. I'll get to that shortly. But a news article has caught my eye. Basically, the EV market, the electric vehicles, in the words of top Gear host Quentin Wilson from the BBC, the proverbial ass has fallen out of the market.
Speaker 2: It was like the number one seller last year it was Tesla's.
Speaker 3: Well they're saying the wrong information is out there about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he claims that they're becoming even bigger money pits and petrol vehicles because competition has increased and as such the price of the vehicle has decreased, which is I guess good for consumers in many respects. So Tesla model, why is now eleven and a half thousand dollars cheaper than it was other cars like Pergio E two thousand and eight Because we get used by twenty grand, We get ripped.
Speaker 3: In Australia, Yeah we do. But I don't think anyone's buying a car as an investment anyway. Well, the price drop like.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people are turning over vehicles, like you know, they lease them for five years and then you get a new one. And that's what's happened to me. So five years ago, years ago, the mid life crisis began.
Speaker 3: Well, you got the midlife crisis car before you're even having a midlife crisis exactly.
Speaker 2: Also, why didn't know this was a least job?
Speaker 1: So it's it's it's a compact car, isn't it. It's very low. Would you say it's.
Speaker 3: Low even I say it's low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got a few settings. It's got comfort which I drive it in most of the time. It's got Sports Mode, and it's got Sports Plus mode, which I've used once.
Speaker 2: For the airport Sports Plus when you just.
Speaker 1: To get onto the freeway to get past the traffic.
Speaker 2: What about the drive through?
Speaker 1: No, that Sports Plus choose up too much petrol. So it's time to upgrade.
Speaker 2: Have you got the balloon payment they get you? Yeah? Oh god, this has me nothing but sorry what's that? Oh right?
Speaker 1: Fakullly the resail is pretty good on the old Mercedes. Right, So I've got a few options.
Speaker 3: Looking at an EV.
Speaker 1: First option is an.
Speaker 3: EV get a Tesler.
Speaker 1: Do I want an electric vehicle?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a.
Speaker 3: Way to go if you're only driving in and around the city, which you are. You live in Richmond, you work in the Docklands and you work here. We're a week south Melbourne. You don't drive long distances. They are so zippy.
Speaker 2: That's why I can get one because I'm down Hampton next way, right, I need to charge.
Speaker 1: I mean there's pros and cons.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The con here is that I I run out a few quite of which means I will run out of battery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drive to work with a big extension.
Speaker 3: The good thing is that you just get home and you can just plug it in. You don't have to stop at a petrol station.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The other thing I'm contemplating is a bit controversial, given I'm driving a sports car at the moment, is to upgrade to a I think they call them souper utes, but like a ram, a chunky.
Speaker 2: I can see you in a fort raptor could.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do? Put your beagel in the back. Most people are putting ladders and.
Speaker 2: On the news, I'll hang them in the tray.
Speaker 1: Are you going to a.
Speaker 3: Tiny little gym bag? What do you even having your gym bag? A water bottle?
Speaker 2: You're driving, mate?
Speaker 3: You can't have a ram. You cannot go from a sports car to a ram. That's too much.
Speaker 1: Maybe getting some form.
Speaker 3: Of scooter, a scoot like a vest car.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've got the coordination or the car controlled, sorry, the motorbike control for we.
Speaker 2: Used to have.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about like a razor scooter?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking like a vespa. I'm thinking about like a vesper, like an e scooter.
Speaker 4: So we used to have a boss Thatt worked at the radio station that would come in like decked head to toe in the leather, had the big black helmet like look, and we're like, man, he must be drinking cruise out of Harley. And one day we called him with the car park and he was on a vest but like he was in Bali and a little tiny mobile.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could do a motorbike. The only issue is that you've got to sitt You've got to sit here test, don't you. You're to drive around with l plates on your motorbike and most.
Speaker 2: Of them have that backpack that says door dash on the back.
Speaker 1: I think that you've got to wear some sort of reflective gear.
Speaker 2: Don't know that's for when you're doing are you sure? Maybe you know cruise around in hive is just going away.
Speaker 3: When you learners, you have to wear that.
Speaker 2: Oh really the whole learner currently, I can't wear the vegtab.
Speaker 3: How are you going to how are you going to carry in out coffees in the morning if you're a bike.
Speaker 2: In his door dash backpack.
Speaker 3: Lauren's feeling good on Nomber one hundred. Lauren on socials